06-08-2010, 07:34 PM
All I have to say is WOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmvxjnwbMPI

Deuce
06-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Daaaammmnnnn! That looks awesome.

Flav
06-08-2010, 08:15 PM
This looks amazing. Scorpion was my favorite character ever. GET OVER HERE!

cdj
06-08-2010, 08:23 PM
So this is for a new game, correct? I saw some people on twitter wondering if it was for a movie or a game. I recognize a couple of actors, but the one I can put a name to is Jeri Ryan and her IMDB doesn't say anything about a Mortal Kombat film.

This is really cool though. If leading up to a video game, it's a pretty high quality production.

JBHuskers
06-08-2010, 09:49 PM
So this is for a new game, correct? I saw some people on twitter wondering if it was for a movie or a game. I recognize a couple of actors, but the one I can put a name to is Jeri Ryan and her IMDB doesn't say anything about a Mortal Kombat film.

This is really cool though. If leading up to a video game, it's a pretty high quality production.

Could be either. Nothing is sure yet.

JBHuskers
06-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Just as I typed the last message, a buddy of mine that knows a lot about these things says it's a legit movie.

cdj
06-08-2010, 10:09 PM
From pastapadre (http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/06/08/mortal-kombat-rebirth-test-video):

A video related to the game Mortal Kombat posted under the account name ‘MortalKombatRebirth’, found it’s way onto Youtube earlier today. At first glance you really can’t tell if this is a trailer for a movie, or a teaser for an upcoming video game. Later, Latinoreview.com confirmed it is a test video shot for Warner Brothers to get funding for a new Mortal Kombat film. There are some familiar faces in the clip, and Latinoreview.com breaks it down:

The short was directed by Kevin Tancharoen, who did the remake of Fame last year. Judging from this short, Kevin is the perfect director for this movie.
Jacks is played by Michael Jai White. Michael played Spawn and was in Undisputed II. Michael makes a great Jacks (Jax).
Sonya Blade is played by Jeri Ryan, who played Seven of Nine in Star Trek: Voyager.
Baraka was played by the very talented Lateef Crowder, who plays the Brazilian fighter in Undisputed III.
Scorpion is played by Ian Anthony Dale. Ian plays Kazuya in the upcoming big screen version of Tekken.
Johnny Cage was played by up and coming martial arts sensation Matt Mullins.

Keontez
06-09-2010, 02:17 AM
this looks pretty dope.