PDA

View Full Version : TV Shows Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

JBHuskers
09-09-2014, 07:42 PM
The final season of Sons of Anarchy starts tonight. It's gonna be a sick ride.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.

JBHuskers
09-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Gonna give a 2nd Syfy show a try when Z Nation debuts on the 12th.

steelerfan
09-10-2014, 09:23 PM
Gonna give a 2nd Syfy show a try when Z Nation debuts on the 12th.

I'm tired of zombies, particularly in a B-movie production. No thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

morsdraconis
09-11-2014, 05:38 AM
I'm tired of zombies in general. Time to move on people. Give me something more interesting than hordes of mindless growling that are just fodder to be killed.

jaymo76
09-11-2014, 05:36 PM
I have thoroughly enjoyed this first season of THE STRAIN. I don't usually rush out to buy books after seeing something on TV/DVD but in this case I cannot wait to read the trilogy. I am actually enjoying the show more than when I read Justin Cronin's THE PASSAGE.

JBHuskers
09-18-2014, 12:55 PM
Monday!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bx1WjckCYAEwKdl.jpg

JBHuskers
09-21-2014, 04:23 AM
Z Nation on Syfy isn't bad at all considering its campy Syfy style.

bdoughty
10-02-2014, 07:06 AM
I'm part of the Amazon Preview program for new TV shows.

I hope this one makes it, because 10 minutes in, and it's already badass.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3505668/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Says TV movie, but Amazon says series.

Still need to watch it, I am a sucker for Dana Delaney. That said, it will become a reality.

http://deadline.com/2014/09/hand-of-god-red-oaks-cosmopolitans-amazon-studios-series-pickups-843928/

I hope Red Oaks makes it too, need my 80's nostalgia.

http://i.imgur.com/9FIdP8u.jpg

80's nostalgia.

http://i.imgur.com/TIGmRFt.jpg

JeffHCross
10-02-2014, 07:24 AM
I'm part of the Amazon Preview program for new TV shows. Only you could somehow make Amazon Prime sound like an even more badass thing than it is, by making it sound like some super selective group.

bdoughty
10-02-2014, 07:32 AM
Only you could somehow make Amazon Prime sound like an even more badass thing than it is, by making it sound like some super selective group.

It kinda is. Has nothing to do with Amazon Prime, they get to see shows early (before Prime users) and there is a waiting list to be part of it. Also it is free.

https://www.amazonpreview.com/Portal/more-info.aspx

JBHuskers
10-02-2014, 08:26 AM
And I got $20 for each show I watched and took a survey for. I don't even remember signing up though. I think I just got an email asking if I wanted to.

JeffHCross
10-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Ah. My bad. Somehow I didn't notice you posted back before the Originals were released to Prime

GatorfanStovy
10-06-2014, 06:12 PM
Any one been watching Gotham? pretty good so far . I hope it sticks around for 5 seasons .

Also Supernatural is starting Tue can't wait! Dean Demon time. Gonna be awesome.

JeffHCross
10-07-2014, 09:49 AM
Watched the first episode of Gotham, but neither I nor my girlfriend enjoyed it. I thought there was too much fan service by introducing so many characters at once. I expect we'll watch it someday, especially if it does go a lot of seasons, just not live. We have enough to watch as it is.

psuexv
10-07-2014, 11:22 AM
Watched the first episode of Gotham, but neither I nor my girlfriend enjoyed it. I thought there was too much fan service by introducing so many characters at once. I expect we'll watch it someday, especially if it does go a lot of seasons, just not live. We have enough to watch as it is.

My only complaint is how they are entwining all of the characters to have all crossed paths at some point.

JeffHCross
10-07-2014, 12:09 PM
My only complaint is how they are entwining all of the characters to have all crossed paths at some point.Well, yeah, same here. I liked the idea of Catwoman (or any prominent character, frankly) being witness to the Wayne's death, just because that was an interesting twist. But having Gordon meet a young Ivy was random. And, frankly, as much as I liked Smallville, these characters are far too young. This show would need to run for at least 10 seasons, IMO, before you could introduce Bruce as an actual Batman. And that would just be ridiculous.

Also, significantly re-writing Origin stories just to serve your plot (or, actually, just to serve your big reveal of guess-who-this-is) isn't normally my cup of tea.

JBHuskers
10-07-2014, 12:35 PM
American Horror Story creator is going to have another series coming called American Crime Story.

Can't wait to see this season of AHS.

GatorfanStovy
10-09-2014, 06:17 AM
Everyone enjoy the falls so far. Gotta is pretty good, along with the usual amazing race and Nashville. Ghost hunters and supernatural started this two of my favorite shows started off great.!

JBHuskers
11-12-2014, 09:52 AM
Is anyone watching the final season of Sons?

JBHuskers
12-10-2014, 12:57 AM
A beautiful and fitting end to Sons of Anarchy tonight.

bdoughty
12-10-2014, 08:03 AM

On DVR, planning on watching it after finishing Hell On Wheels.

JBHuskers
12-10-2014, 08:54 AM
On DVR, planning on watching it after finishing Hell On Wheels.

Let me know thoughts.

bdoughty
12-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Let me know thoughts.

Will do but it will be awhile. Pretty sure I watched the first few episodes and the rest were recorded.

ram29jackson
12-10-2014, 12:42 PM

beautiful and fitting ? More like morbid and typical.

I'm never eating pie again either

Marlowe
12-11-2014, 12:11 PM
I have sons in my netflix queue. I have so many shows to watch in queue dunno when I'll get to them all... [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
12-11-2014, 04:02 PM
I have sons in my netflix queue. I have so many shows to watch in queue dunno when I'll get to them all... [emoji53]

I started watching live with season five, I think I went through the first four seasons in record time it was so good.

bdoughty
12-14-2014, 05:03 AM
Watched two season finales last night.

American Horror Story: Coven - I was put off by this originally but once it popped up on Prime I went through the whole season and while it may not be the best in the series, it is not that far off. I thought Kathy Bates was amazingly cruel in Misery. She comes off a sweetheart compared to her role in Coven. I like that they tossed in a famous New Orleans serial killer into the mix. Gabourey Sidibe, who played Queenie had the weakest plot of the batch. She just wavers back and forth between the witches and voodoo groups. Kill Kathy Bates? Show her Roots? Just pick a position on stuff. Terrible writing in her case, so not her fault. Plenty of Stevie Nicks in the show so it is SCClassof93 approved.

Hell On Wheels - Thankfully we are getting out of Wyoming. Should have lasted half a season at most. Just not enough going on this year. No giant clash of the titan ending for the season. Not that the season was bad, just different to what you usually expect from the show. Spending a whole episode on one character was really monotonous and you saw where it was heading before you got to the end. At least there were a couple of plot changes to make the upcoming season interesting. There will be reunion that makes it all worthwhile. Now they just need to look closer at Colin Meaney's character and bring back the evil from the early seasons.

Next up: Sons of Anarchy final season.

bdoughty
12-23-2014, 07:50 AM
Still have the final two episodes of SOA but one thing that really blew me away.

The scene with Tig and Venus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UosR4o_tcjQ

Jaw dropping acting right there. The best part is they took a character that was supposed to be a joke in Venus and made it something spectacular.

bdoughty
12-24-2014, 08:29 AM
Let me know thoughts.

Snitches get stitches my ass... I mean poor Juice just got used like a rag doll toward the end. Forget the pie, the scene where Marilyn Manson is riding him. Yikes. Glad to see Wendy get full redemption this season. Sad to see Unser die but he kinda egged it on. Did not feel one bit of empathy for Gemma, good riddance. Completely understand the ending and why they went that route, yet it did little for me. I would have preferred to see one of the crew actually have to pull the trigger but at least there was closure. Solid season to an amazing series.

JBHuskers
12-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Still have the final two episodes of SOA but one thing that really blew me away.

The scene with Tig and Venus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UosR4o_tcjQ

Jaw dropping acting right there. The best part is they took a character that was supposed to be a joke in Venus and made it something spectacular.

Snitches get stitches my ass... I mean poor Juice just got used like a rag doll toward the end. Forget the pie, the scene where Marilyn Manson is riding him. Yikes. Glad to see Wendy get full redemption this season. Sad to see Unser die but he kinda egged it on. Did not feel one bit of empathy for Gemma, good riddance. Completely understand the ending and why they went that route, yet it did little for me. I would have preferred to see one of the crew actually have to pull the trigger but at least there was closure. Solid season to an amazing series.

The scene with Tig and Venus was amazing.

I'm surprised to see Unser survive past season two :D

I loved the ending, almost thought it was perfect.

Now give me a spinoff of either the First 9 or Abel and Thomas in the club!

Marlowe
12-25-2014, 08:43 AM
Received the first two seasons of Vikings for xmas...still trying to figure out how I missed this one. Pretty good show!

bdoughty
12-25-2014, 09:02 AM
Only 2 months until season 3. Very good show. Floki is my favorite.

http://i.imgur.com/ltvQ1md.gif

Who am I kidding, it is Lagertha.

Marlowe
12-25-2014, 09:18 AM
Yea Lagertha is a badass

Marlowe
01-12-2015, 08:19 AM
If you guys liked 12 Monkeys the movie, SyFy is premiering a tv show remake this friday 9/8c.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/01/12/12-monkeys-exclusive-second-act-clip

steelerfan
02-03-2015, 01:30 AM
Yes, The Walking Dead returns this coming Sunday. However bigger than that, imo, is the series premier of Better Call Saul. Can't wait!

#TheScriptIsDead

cdj
02-04-2015, 09:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC7GPdBV9WQ&feature=youtu.be

psuexv
02-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Watched Better Call Saul last night. Thought it was really good. Will be interesting to see how it goes. Loved the ending Tuco!!

steelerfan
02-09-2015, 11:59 AM
Yep. BCS (it's nice to be able to say that and not throw up in my mouth a little) is going to be a great show. Saul kicks ass!

#TheScriptIsDead

psuexv
02-09-2015, 12:41 PM
Yep. BCS (it's nice to be able to say that and not throw up in my mouth a little) is going to be a great show. Saul kicks ass!

#TheScriptIsDead

:up:

skipwondah33
02-20-2015, 09:41 AM
Finally caught up and finished Boardwalk Empire, without reading any spoilers months ago after it ended.

Figured that is how it would end for Nucky, would have liked to have seen a non-predictable ending. Typical.

Things were getting crazy building up to the last episode though.

Just watched the Two and A Half Men series finale. I stopped watching the show after Charlie Sheen left but wanted to check out the finale. Was actually decent with alot of jokes toward Charlie.

cdj
03-10-2015, 10:08 AM
New trailer for Netflix's Daredevil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAy6NJ_D5vU&feature=youtu.be

JBHuskers
03-10-2015, 12:55 PM
Has anyone watched The Last Man On Earth? Pretty good so far.

steelerfan
03-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Has anyone watched The Last Man On Earth? Pretty good so far.
I have it on my DVR. I tried to watch the first episode but only got about halfway through before I was BORED.

I will give it another shot.

#TheScriptIsDead

cdj
04-03-2015, 07:36 AM
Disappointed that the season finale of Better Call Saul is next week already.

I wasn't sold on the first episode, but I think it has been excellent since. It's not as over the top as Breaking Bad, but also isn't as dark so in some regards I like it more than BB. Jimmy & Mike were arguably the two most likable characters in BB so that helps too.

psuexv
04-03-2015, 10:21 AM
Tell me about. It's starting to get real interesting and they are going to go on break :(

I guess that's what they want though. Get you into it and then make you wanting more, us mindless sheep

JBHuskers
04-03-2015, 10:51 AM
Tried iZombie, hated it. Still loving The Last Man On Earth. Finally getting last season's Falling Skies in before the final season starts later this year.

steelerfan
04-03-2015, 11:06 AM
Disappointed that the season finale of Better Call Saul is next week already.

I wasn't sold on the first episode, but I think it has been excellent since. It's not as over the top as Breaking Bad, but also isn't as dark so in some regards I like it more than BB. Jimmy & Mike were arguably the two most likable characters in BB so that helps too.

Tell me about. It's starting to get real interesting and they are going to go on break :(

I guess that's what they want though. Get you into it and then make you wanting more, us mindless sheep

:nod:

JBHuskers
04-03-2015, 11:09 AM
Are they doing the Walking Dead thing? 6 eps season one then more after?

cdj
04-03-2015, 11:34 AM
This season was ten episodes, I think. I'm seeing season two will be thirteen episodes.

JBHuskers
04-03-2015, 11:36 AM
Do I HAVE to have watched Breaking Bad to see it?

gschwendt
04-03-2015, 11:40 AM
The show's creator said no, but that there will be plenty of nods to Breaking Bad but they won't be critical to know.

steelerfan
04-03-2015, 12:33 PM
No, not at all.

However, Breaking Bad is probably the greatest show off all time and you should do yourself a favor and watch it.

JBHuskers
04-03-2015, 03:07 PM
No, not at all.

However, Breaking Bad is probably the greatest show off all time and you should do yourself a favor and watch it.

I've started it, just need to get to watching it more regularly.

Marlowe
04-06-2015, 09:41 AM
The only thing about having watched BB is that you know the fate of the characters. Kinda tough to create those cliffhangers. Still though just watching the evolution of characters is fascinating. I think Jonathan Banks should get an emmy nod for episode 6.

steelerfan
04-06-2015, 07:56 PM
The only thing about having watched BB is that you know the fate of the characters. Kinda tough to create those cliffhangers. Still though just watching the evolution of characters is fascinating. I think Jonathan Banks should get an emmy nod for episode 6.

Yes, that is true. In a way I wish that I hadn't seen BB yet so I could watch it when BCS is done to see what happens to some of the characters.

cdj
04-09-2015, 12:16 PM
First look at the next season of True Detective (June 21):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OfU7CGY5DQ

JeffHCross
04-11-2015, 01:44 PM
Tried iZombie, hated it. Still loving The Last Man On Earth. Finally getting last season's Falling Skies in before the final season starts later this year.I've stopped and started Season 4 probably three times already. Not enjoying it nearly as much as the first three seasons.

Marlowe
04-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Anyone watch daredevil on netflix yet? Probably binge tomorrow before Game of Thrones starts.

JBHuskers
04-22-2015, 12:00 PM
Daredevil already awarded a second season on Netflix.

psuexv
04-22-2015, 07:40 PM
Daredevil already awarded a second season on Netflix.

That's crazy. I heard the acting and writing are pretty poor.

Marlowe
04-29-2015, 12:56 PM
Well, it is based on a comic book character. Lol, not expecting Emmy worthy performances from it. [emoji1]

On another note, a lot of people liked the new netflix show Bloodline and I can't figure out why. I dragged myself through til the end expecting it was one of those slow burn shows like True Detective...nope.

Kinda sucks since I really enjoyed the creators' previous show Damages. That first season was pretty good.

JeffHCross
04-30-2015, 09:13 AM
Orphan Black is back for season 3, and things are just as fucked up as ever. If you're not watching, you're missing a great show IMHO.

Marlowe
05-07-2015, 12:05 PM
New netflix show from the Wachowski brothers premiering next month:

http://youtu.be/iKpKAlbJ7BQ

cdj
05-14-2015, 11:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm46-envrHo

Hank
05-14-2015, 12:50 PM
New netflix show from the Wachowski brothers premiering next month:

http://youtu.be/iKpKAlbJ7BQ

This show looks great!

The Supergirl show looks really good too. My 11YO son loves Flash, so I think he'll enjoy this one as well.

LOVED the first season of True Detective. I have no idea if they'll be able to reproduce such a quality show in season 2, but I sure hope so.
I'm also looking forward to season 3 of Ray Donovan. That's another great series.

cdj
05-14-2015, 01:16 PM
Another superhero show first look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc

Hank
05-14-2015, 01:45 PM
Well, it is based on a comic book character. Lol, not expecting Emmy worthy performances from it. [emoji1]

On another note, a lot of people liked the new netflix show Bloodline and I can't figure out why. I dragged myself through til the end expecting it was one of those slow burn shows like True Detective...nope.

Kinda sucks since I really enjoyed the creators' previous show Damages. That first season was pretty good.

You didn't like it? The wife and I LOVED it!! We can't wait for season 2.

JeffHCross
05-26-2015, 11:48 AM
Tried iZombie, hated it. Still loving The Last Man On Earth. Finally getting last season's Falling Skies in before the final season starts later this year.

I've stopped and started Season 4 probably three times already. Not enjoying it nearly as much as the first three seasons.Finally finished Falling Skies season 4. WTF.

JBHuskers
05-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Finally finished Falling Skies season 4. WTF.
Talking about the alien in the end?

JeffHCross
05-26-2015, 10:45 PM
Talking about the alien in the end?Taking about the entire last half of the season, honestly. Actually, the entire season. Seemed like the whole thing was one WTF moment after another.

But yes, between his ship going off course, the kamikaze run, and the reveal at the end... WTF.

JBHuskers
05-26-2015, 11:46 PM
Taking about the entire last half of the season, honestly. Actually, the entire season. Seemed like the whole thing was one WTF moment after another.

But yes, between his ship going off course, the kamikaze run, and the reveal at the end... WTF.
I think it's his wife.

JeffHCross
05-28-2015, 11:49 PM
I think it's his wife.I did consider the same. That'd be crazy if it is.

gschwendt
05-30-2015, 12:15 AM
Full pilot episode for Mr. Robot is available on YouTube without commercials. Definitely interesting as a noir meets computer hacking. Shame the season doesn't start for a full month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpxvvnWvffM

JBHuskers
05-30-2015, 12:27 PM
USA has been airing commercials for it for a while during wrestling. I definitely wanna check it out.

JeffHCross
05-30-2015, 04:48 PM
If it's on USA, I'll watch it. I don't think they've had a single drama that I haven't watched (and usually been obsessed with)

skipwondah33
06-04-2015, 10:23 PM
Battlebots!!!

GatorfanStovy
06-19-2015, 11:15 AM
Any one watcht Video Game High School? It is a web series and only has 3 season and like 7 shows in a season. Give a watch . It's pretty darn good. Season one is a little corny but still worth a watch. enjoy fellas.

bdoughty
06-19-2015, 09:59 PM
Hannibal is the best show on TV right now. How they are able to air this on network TV is amazing. Season 3 has been a little artsy fartsy but the last preview shows it is getting ready to erupt. Purchased season 3 of Orphan Black a while back and have been waiting for the last episode to run before starting it. Currently watching Orange is the new black and this has been a pretty poor season compared to the first two.

skipwondah33
06-21-2015, 10:03 AM
The Last Ship is back on tonight!

jaymo76
06-22-2015, 12:04 PM
Anyone going to check out Zoo? Looks to be some good sci-fi entertainment.

cdj
06-22-2015, 05:34 PM
Hannibal canceled by NBC.

Marlowe
06-23-2015, 08:16 AM
I kinda figured it would be cancelled. It flirted with cancellation last season. I'm hoping it finds a new home.

bdoughty
06-23-2015, 09:16 AM
The show is too smart for the average NBC viewer and/or executive. I would be thrilled to see it go cable or other service to see the show without the constrains of being on a network. Personally I would just say fuck it and let Hannibal team up with Alice Morgan from Luther.

JeffHCross
06-23-2015, 10:53 PM
Hannibal is the best show on TV right now. How they are able to air this on network TV is amazing. Season 3 has been a little artsy fartsy but the last preview shows it is getting ready to erupt. Purchased season 3 of Orphan Black a while back and have been waiting for the last episode to run before starting it. Currently watching Orange is the new black and this has been a pretty poor season compared to the first two.Orphan Black has been crazy this season. Not quite as crazy as the first two seasons, but pretty close. Tatiana has been amazing (as always) with her acting.

Needless to say, I also purchased Season 3 as it has been airing. Couldn't wait a year for Amazon Prime.

bdoughty
06-24-2015, 06:58 AM
Orphan Black has been crazy this season. Not quite as crazy as the first two seasons, but pretty close. Tatiana has been amazing (as always) with her acting.

Needless to say, I also purchased Season 3 as it has been airing. Couldn't wait a year for Amazon Prime.

Only watched the first episode so far and it is still up there in my top shows. Tatiana has blown me away for two seasons. Some of the best acting I have seen. Deserves an Emmy for playing a clone, having to pretend to be one of the other clones, while playing that clone too. Whoever she is dating is a really lucky guy if she brings her work home with her.

Marlowe
06-24-2015, 09:59 AM
Been trying to get into the new sense8 season on netflix. So far it hasn't hooked me. Anyone watching/watched this?

gschwendt
06-24-2015, 10:27 AM
Been trying to get into the new sense8 season on netflix. So far it hasn't hooked me. Anyone watching/watched this?

I watched it... it's OK but nothing great. Right now, with all of the stories competing for time, it's hard to have any one story hook you. I'll probably try it again when it returns for season 2, but it wouldn't be sole reason to have netflix.

souljahbill
06-24-2015, 12:22 PM
Anyone watched the premiere of Ballers on HBO? I thought it was ok. Definitely a "here are the characters" episode.

skipwondah33
06-24-2015, 03:12 PM
I was interested in checking it out if I still subscribed to HBO

Marlowe
06-25-2015, 02:07 PM
I watched it... it's OK but nothing great. Right now, with all of the stories competing for time, it's hard to have any one story hook you. I'll probably try it again when it returns for season 2, but it wouldn't be sole reason to have netflix.

I see. Yeah the multiple storylines are definitely a weak point. I'll have to go back and rewatch the first ep. Man Daryl Hannah did not age well. Too much plastic surgery. [emoji37]

JeffHCross
06-27-2015, 08:54 AM
Only watched the first episode so far and it is still up there in my top shows. Tatiana has blown me away for two seasons. Some of the best acting I have seen. Deserves an Emmy for playing a clone, having to pretend to be one of the other clones, while playing that clone too. Whoever she is dating is a really lucky guy if she brings her work home with her.You'll get even more of that later in the season. Plus with Mark and his boys there's even more great acting.

jaymo76
07-02-2015, 02:25 AM
Thought it would suck but I actually enjoyed ZOO. Don't see it lasting more than one summer but who knows?

JBHuskers
07-02-2015, 08:03 AM
Thought it would suck but I actually enjoyed ZOO. Don't see it lasting more than one summer but who knows?
Yeah, that will fall into the binge watching category sometime. Looks interesting.

JBHuskers
07-02-2015, 11:26 AM
I'm a huge Denis Leary fan, and excited for this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asmxcw4iFME

bdoughty
07-04-2015, 09:01 AM
For those wanting something a little different, check out "Rake" on Netflix. Part comedy, part drama and a bunch of hot Aussies chicks. Lead character from Wentworth plays a major role in this. This is not the turd American version with Greg Kinnear. This is the far superior Aussie version. Still waiting for Netflix to add the third season but there is plenty to keep you busy.

http://www.netflix.com/title/70301553

Also recommend Peaky Blinders and Broadchurch if you are into British Drama/Crome shows.

JBHuskers
07-10-2015, 08:47 AM
Not sure why, I guess I just wasn't interested at the time, but I never got into Seinfeld. Even when it was on Netflix. I started from the beginning on Hulu just having it in the background on my laptop while I work, and am almost through the 3rd season already.

gschwendt
07-11-2015, 02:49 PM

jaymo76
07-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Looking forward to the return of The Strain. I actually read all three books this summer. The book is pretty different from the show thus far. I wonder who close they will stay to the story this season?

Marlowe
07-13-2015, 03:13 PM
http://youtu.be/loOgfXNs-VI

JBHuskers
07-14-2015, 12:31 PM
Those shows are tricky. Like Terra Nova, it was pretty good, but costly. You almost have to have an astronomical rating to keep afloat. Especially on network.

bdoughty
07-15-2015, 05:59 PM
Hell On Wheels Season 5 starts on Saturday!

SmoothPancakes
07-15-2015, 11:05 PM
And I'm in Cleveland on Saturday. :fp:

Even though my DVR will be recording it, it'd be nice to watch the premiere Saturday night. Maybe the hotel I'll be staying in won't be cheap cunts for a change and will actually have a good list of channels available, including AMC.

bdoughty
07-16-2015, 12:05 AM
And I'm in Cleveland on Saturday. :fp:.

Normally I would say it could be worse, you could be spending Saturday in Detroit. At least it's not East Cleveland? ;)

JBHuskers
07-16-2015, 12:42 PM
Hell On Wheels Season 5 starts on Saturday!

Damn 5th season already? I'll binge watch this some year.

SmoothPancakes
07-16-2015, 04:55 PM
Normally I would say it could be worse, you could be spending Saturday in Detroit. At least it's not East Cleveland? ;)
Nah, I avoid that area. Technically I won't be in Cleveland itself. Friday night is in Westlake, about 16 miles to the west of Cleveland, and Saturday is in Willoughby, about 19 miles to the east of Cleveland. But, it's all close enough to the Cleveland area and Cleveland suburbs for me to consider it Cleveland.

steelerfan
07-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Fuck Cleveland.

bdoughty
07-19-2015, 04:52 AM
Wow, that Hannibal episode. Have no clue how NBC approves what I just watched. Not that I am complaining but this episode takes it to another level.

JBHuskers
08-06-2015, 02:31 PM
:up: :up:

Prison Break Event Series Confirmed By Fox (http://comicbook.com/2015/08/06/prison-break-event-series-confirmed-by-fox/)

“I would describe it as a bit of a sequel, it picks up the characters several years after we left them in the last season of the show,” Fox Chairman and CEO Dana Walden said at the Television Critics Association’s semi-annual press tour. “The brothers will be back. Some of the iconic characters from that show will be back. It definitely will address some questions that were set up at the end of the series and for a new audience… It’ll start after where we left the Scofields in the final season.”

JBHuskers
08-11-2015, 01:30 PM
24 years ago today, my childhood would be improved with three great shows...

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/culture_test/nicktoons%20trinity.jpg

bdoughty
08-12-2015, 12:32 AM
How to kill a boner.

Sees headline:

‘Friday The 13th’ TV Series Still In Works, the project has ended up at..

http://i.imgur.com/b7Dyd2S.jpg

steelerfan
08-12-2015, 02:45 AM
:fp:

gschwendt
08-13-2015, 02:07 PM
If your'e not watching Mr. Robot... do yourself a favor and catch up. This is by far the deepest story I've ever followed from the beginning. You'll love the first couple of episodes, be so-so on the 3rd probably, say WTF to the 4th, but if you can make it through those, you're in for a wild ride. Still two episodes left in the season and I have no idea what's going to happen next.

Seems to apply to everyone as even Reddit is going crazy... I wouldn't check in there yet as there's a major spoiler from last night's episode.

JBHuskers
08-13-2015, 03:56 PM
I'll just end up binge watching them all at the same time on Hulu I think.

bdoughty
08-13-2015, 05:55 PM
'Sesame Street' is moving to HBO

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2015/08/13/sesame-street-moving-hbo/31625021/

The partnership means that Sesame Street will be able to produce almost twice as much new content in each season. The show will still be made available to PBS and its member stations, which has aired the program since 1969, only now it will be free of charge for them after a nine-month window.

Times, they are a changing.

JeffHCross
08-14-2015, 05:59 AM
I'll just end up binge watching them all at the same time on Hulu I think.FYI, like some other USA shows Mr Robot is available on Hulu but not Hulu Plus. I didn't even know that Suits was on Hulu because of that content arrangement.

JBHuskers
08-14-2015, 08:21 AM
FYI, like some other USA shows Mr Robot is available on Hulu but not Hulu Plus. I didn't even know that Suits was on Hulu because of that content arrangement.
I thought they did away with the Hulu / Hulu Plus designation?

JeffHCross
08-15-2015, 01:28 AM
I thought they did away with the Hulu / Hulu Plus designation?I do recall seeing something along those lines, but my app on the Roku is still called Hulu Plus. And either way, the content agreement between USA and Hulu prevents mobile/smart device access, which I believe limits it to just the PC.

JBHuskers
08-17-2015, 04:09 PM
'Sesame Street' is moving to HBO

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2015/08/13/sesame-street-moving-hbo/31625021/

Times, they are a changing.

Word is this move saved Sesame Street from extinction.

cdj
08-17-2015, 05:46 PM
#TrueDetectiveSeason3

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ideas/images/f/f6/Bert_and_Ernie.gif

cdj
08-17-2015, 05:52 PM
I (finally) just finished season one of True Detective today. Pretty good show, but after hearing complaints on season two, I am hesitant to watch it.

Hearing all these good comments on Mr. Robot has me regretting not watching from the start, so I'll have to try and binge-watch at some point.

psuexv
08-17-2015, 08:25 PM
I (finally) just finished season one of True Detective today. Pretty good show, but after hearing complaints on season two, I am hesitant to watch it.

Hearing all these good comments on Mr. Robot has me regretting not watching from the start, so I'll have to try and binge-watch at some point.

Season 2 was a turd. Don't waste your time

souljahbill
08-17-2015, 10:06 PM
I can't even get through season 1 of True Detective. It's soooooo slooooooow and kinda boring.

bdoughty
08-18-2015, 06:39 AM
I can't even get through season 1 of True Detective. It's soooooo slooooooow and kinda boring.

http://i.imgur.com/Jnfv8A4.gif

JBHuskers
08-18-2015, 08:50 AM
http://cdn3.tapcdn.com/images/source/b8/17/1e/bb/5bacfb7fdd2be043373ae77b.gif

cdj
08-18-2015, 09:30 AM

I can see that with the first two or so episodes. It takes a few episodes to get used to the show's pacing and it doesn't really pick up until episode 3.

JBHuskers
08-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Two great Amazon pilots that I previewed a while back are finally going to see a whole season see the light of day.

Hand of God on 9/4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_of_God_(TV_series)

The Man in the High Castle on 11/20

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_in_the_High_Castle_(TV_series)

steelerfan
08-19-2015, 03:29 PM
I will never watch Hand of God because I hate that half-evolved looking asshole from SOA.

JBHuskers
08-19-2015, 04:53 PM
I will never watch Hand of God because I hate that half-evolved looking asshole from SOA.

:D what's wrong with Ron??

steelerfan
08-19-2015, 05:57 PM
:D what's wrong with Ron??
Nothing. :whistle:

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/19/0f34a74647d6e838874d2c4cfe8bbf37.jpg

JBHuskers
09-11-2015, 11:00 PM
Just binge watched the final six episodes of Falling Skies. Amazing ending to a great series.

cdj
09-15-2015, 07:32 AM
Season two premiere of Gotham is free on PSN for PS Plus members.

JeffHCross
09-15-2015, 10:51 AM
Just binge watched the final six episodes of Falling Skies. Amazing ending to a great series.Glad to hear it. Sucks that I have to wait a year to see it though :D

psuexv
09-17-2015, 11:02 AM
Pretty excited for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVFqNsU7B4A

Marlowe
09-17-2015, 11:43 AM
So many shows to catch up on. Missed last season of Falling Skies [emoji45]

Definitely checking this out in a few months:

http://youtu.be/5KyHy4KRvIc

volsfan
09-17-2015, 12:21 PM
Trying to catch up on the Last Ship as well as a few other shows.

JBHuskers
09-18-2015, 10:19 AM
So many shows to catch up on. Missed last season of Falling Skies [emoji45]

Definitely checking this out in a few months:

http://youtu.be/5KyHy4KRvIc

It was a great final season IMO for Falling Skies. I binge watched the hell out of it last week :D

JBHuskers
09-24-2015, 09:23 AM
Watched the pilot of The Bastard Executioner last night. It was two hours long. The first hour you're trying to piece together everything that is going on as there are a LOT of characters introduced. In the middle of the pilot things really ramp up and get brutal. Things started clicking for me from that point on as we see the point of what is going on. Overall I was pretty impressed with the pilot and definitely going to keep going with it. But that's no surprise for anything that Kurt Sutter has his hands on.

http://www.ew.com/recap/the-bastard-executioner-premiere

That EW article helped in filling in some holes and answering some questions.

JBHuskers
10-02-2015, 12:02 AM
The Muppets is definitely different than the old show. I think it is still pretty good though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
10-02-2015, 12:52 AM
I've enjoyed the first two episodes. They've gotten me to laugh a number of times so I'm gonna stick with it. First network TV show I've actually watched in a long time.

psuexv
10-03-2015, 09:28 PM
I've enjoyed the first two episodes. They've gotten me to laugh a number of times so I'm gonna stick with it. First network TV show I've actually watched in a long time.

Lol I've loved it so far.

bdoughty
10-04-2015, 12:54 AM
This will probably go down as well as JB and CDJ playing Hannah Montana for the achievements. Netflix just added the second season of Reign (http://www.netflix.com/title/70283260). It is my dirty pleasure, as I try to avoid anything CW related. I am a sucker for historical shows, especially British and Europe. It is a story about Mary the Queen of Scots. That much they got right, Mary was the Queen of Scots. Everything else is up for grabs. This was created for the kids out there with a TV viewing habit that rose just above watching those Teen Mom shows. Did not have a clue about this going in but for some reason the show stuck. Silly story, followed by a bunch of pop centric music customized to fit the time period. Yet here I am binge watching season 2 now that the college games for the week are done. It does have Nostradamus in it and the lead actress that plays Mary is cute as a button. The back and forth between Mary and the pre-Mary French Queen are the highlight of the show.

steelerfan
10-04-2015, 12:58 AM
There's still 10 minutes left in the Oregon-Colorado game. ;)

bdoughty
10-04-2015, 01:04 AM
Colorado still in the Pac-12? They really need to add a promotion/relegation system in college football.

Edit: Relegation, not demotion. :fp:

SmoothPancakes
10-14-2015, 11:05 AM
Swedish Chef doing karaoke Rapper's Delight. Oh fuck that was hilarious. The Muppets is turning into gold!

JBHuskers
10-14-2015, 11:37 AM
Colorado still in the Pac-12? They really need to add a promotion/relegation system in college football.

Edit: Relegation, not demotion. :fp:
I'm behind on episodes, but love the adult content they slide in there, like the band being able to relax legally :D

SmoothPancakes
10-14-2015, 10:16 PM
The entire karaoke scene from Tuesday night. Swedish Chef is still the best part. I want a video of just him and only him singing Rapper's Delight. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwaOoWo0UOo

SmoothPancakes
10-14-2015, 10:23 PM
Yes. Found someone who cut together and uploaded only Swedish Chef's bits. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEMWyBWw0cA

psuexv
10-15-2015, 09:24 AM
Yes. Found someone who cut together and uploaded only Swedish Chef's bits. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEMWyBWw0cA

Great episode :up:

Bunsen and Beaker wearing each others clothes :D :D :D

JBHuskers
10-15-2015, 09:58 AM
I need to catch up on this it is so good.

psuexv
10-15-2015, 12:11 PM
I need to catch up on this it is so good.

Yeah you do.

bdoughty
10-23-2015, 08:50 AM
Blacklist. I was hesitant about watching this. Not a big fan of Spader but after binge watching the first two seasons, color me impressed. Did not see the twist coming at the end of season two. Now I need to catch up on season 3 and add it to DVR list.

steelerfan
10-23-2015, 10:53 AM
Blacklist. I was hesitant about watching this. Not a big fan of Spader but after binge watching the first two seasons, color me impressed. Did not see the twist coming at the end of season two. Now I need to catch up on season 3 and add it to DVR list.
I watched season 1 but just couldn't get into it.

cdj
10-23-2015, 11:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWHUjuJ8zxE&feature=youtu.be

bdoughty
11-03-2015, 08:53 PM
Final season of Peep Show starts next week in Britain. Hopefully it hits over here soon, preferably on Netflix as they have all the other season. First 8 seasons are here. (http://www.netflix.com/title/70217140)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzsy-haNy1E

Not The IT Crowd funny but easily worth a watch.

JBHuskers
11-17-2015, 09:30 AM
Finally catching up on Gotham on the tail end of the first season and yeah I kinda geeked out on the first conversation between Nigma and Cobblepot.

psuexv
11-17-2015, 10:07 AM
Finally catching up on Gotham on the tail end of the first season and yeah I kinda geeked out on the first conversation between Nigma and Cobblepot.

Season 2 is so much better. I almost quit watching, glad I stuck it through.

JBHuskers
11-17-2015, 10:36 AM
I thought season one was amazing, but then again I'm a huge Batman fan.

psuexv
11-17-2015, 12:23 PM
I thought season one was amazing, but then again I'm a huge Batman fan.

I'm a huge Batman fan too but the way they did season 1 turned me off. Didn't like how they introduced so many characters and most of them were 1 maybe 2 episodes plots and then onto the next thing. However season 2 is pretty much a season long plot and it's much better imo.

That and I've finally come to realize that this is just a completely different take on anything Batman and that has helped me like it much better.

gschwendt
11-17-2015, 12:42 PM
I'm a huge Batman fan too but the way they did season 1 turned me off. Didn't like how they introduced so many characters and most of them were 1 maybe 2 episodes plots and then onto the next thing. However season 2 is pretty much a season long plot and it's much better imo.

That and I've finally come to realize that this is just a completely different take on anything Batman and that has helped me like it much better.
I will say I hated how they finished the last week's episode. I didn't watch last night so I can't comment but:
I was glad when Barbara fell out of the window thinking that her storyline and any chance at reconnection with Jim was over... but then at the end of the episode "doh, she fell on some bushes".

JBHuskers
11-17-2015, 01:03 PM

That is network TV in a nutshell. One or two episode arcs for a story with the bigger picture fused in.

cdj
11-17-2015, 06:29 PM

I liked season one, but I agree. Season two is better.

I will say I hated how they finished the last week's episode. I didn't watch last night so I can't comment but:
I was glad when Barbara fell out of the window thinking that her storyline and any chance at reconnection with Jim was over... but then at the end of the episode "doh, she fell on some bushes".

I can live with the twists and changes to characters and storyline, but I'm not seeing how they get back to a point where Barbara and Jim reunite. Sure, he has feelings for her but how does she escape the rap for her crimes?

I almost thought they were teasing her as Harley Quinn to Jerome's Joker, especially when they were holding the crowd hostage for Galavan to save the day. (Also thought Lee was going to bite the big one there. Picked the wrong person to die.)

I agree....that death tease followed by "oh, she's fine" was pretty weak.

psuexv
11-18-2015, 07:42 AM
I liked season one, but I agree. Season two is better.

I can live with the twists and changes to characters and storyline, but I'm not seeing how they get back to a point where Barbara and Jim reunite. Sure, he has feelings for her but how does she escape the rap for her crimes?

I almost thought they were teasing her as Harley Quinn to Jerome's Joker, especially when they were holding the crowd hostage for Galavan to save the day. (Also thought Lee was going to bite the big one there. Picked the wrong person to die.)

I agree....that death tease followed by "oh, she's fine" was pretty weak.

I think you do see her as Harley Quinn. I think the Joker is still alive as well. Joker is currently at Indian Hill and Barbara will be there soon too. They keep showing stuff relating to the Joker way too much for me to believe that he is gone. Just this past episode, the beginning scene.

JBHuskers
11-19-2015, 09:54 PM
The Man In The High Castle debuts on Amazon Friday. I previewed the pilot a long time ago and it was good. It's set in an alternate US where Japan controls the west, Russia controls the midwest to the east and there is a neutral territory in between.

cdj
11-19-2015, 10:33 PM
The Bastard Executioner canceled after one year. Never watched it - was it any good?

SmoothPancakes
11-19-2015, 10:41 PM
And this is why I almost never give any new show a chance anymore. Because every time I do, the cunts cancel it, completely wasting all my past time invested spent watching it. :(

As for me, I thought it was good. A lot if people never gave it a chance. The first episode was two hours long. The first hour was pretty slow, more character and plot building than anything. Little action, blood or fighting. That turned a lot of people off. The amount of comments over on OS of people who quit watching the pilot not even 15 or 30 minutes into a two hour episode was astounding.

It was just getting damn good. After that first hour, it's been plenty of action, blood, torture, fighting, etc since. But because people couldn't pull their heads out of their inattentive asses for more than 30 minutes because heaven forbid anybody have an attention span anymore these days, this show never got a chance.

And I'm right back to not even wasting my time even trying to give new shows a chance because every show I take an interest in just ends up cancelled and my time wasted. The networks can blow me.

JBHuskers
11-20-2015, 01:42 AM
The Bastard Executioner canceled after one year. Never watched it - was it any good?
Watched the first episode, liked it, but during football season my DVR gets clogged so I gave up on it.

JBHuskers
12-29-2015, 08:55 AM
The full 10-episode marathon of Mr. Robot is tonight starting at 10 central (I think) on USA so set your DVR if you haven't caught it yet.

cdj
12-29-2015, 09:02 PM
The full 10-episode marathon of Mr. Robot is tonight starting at 10 central (I think) on USA so set your DVR if you haven't caught it yet.

Nice! Thanks for the heads-up. BTW, appears they are showing episode one twice in a row to start the marathon.

Also begins again at 11 AM CT tomorrow.

Heard good things about it, so I'll be recording.

JBHuskers
12-29-2015, 09:06 PM
Nice! Thanks for the heads-up. BTW, appears they are showing episode one twice in a row to start the marathon.

Also begins again at 11 AM CT tomorrow.

Heard good things about it, so I'll be recording.
I started on Hulu with the first couple of episodes, but the show has disappeared so this is great.

bdoughty
01-01-2016, 08:18 AM
Tonight 9:00 Est on PBS. Sherlock goes back in time, well, technically back to when he was created.

http://i.imgur.com/fVdtuPu.jpg

Now they need to start filming for season 4!

cdj
01-01-2016, 08:16 PM
Seven episodes in (out of ten) on Mr. Robot.

I like it, but still not sure what is truly going on.

My biggest guess (that came about during episodes three and four and hasn't faded away):

Mr. Robot (Christian Slater's character) isn't real. It's a manifestation of Elliott's mind/split-personality.

JBHuskers
01-04-2016, 11:06 AM

My biggest guess (that came about during episodes three and four and hasn't faded away):

Mr. Robot (Christian Slater's character) isn't real. It's a manifestation of Elliott's mind/split-personality.

That was my guess too and I'm about 3 or 4 in :D

cdj
01-09-2016, 06:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUDUowZbiU8

steelerfan
01-09-2016, 07:54 PM
Looking forward to Saul again!

bdoughty
01-09-2016, 11:15 PM
Same here, Saul and Mike were my two favorite characters in BB.

Is it wrong that I like iZombie? Feels like a teenie-bopper show but I can't stop watching it. Kind of like my enjoyment of the show Reign and who it is geared toward, obviously not historians. Maybe because I watch so many British TV shows I need to numb my brain. ;)

JBHuskers
01-11-2016, 10:29 AM
Mr. Robot won best drama at the Golden Globes :nod:

Defeated Game Of Thrones and Empire.

JBHuskers
01-11-2016, 10:30 AM

gschwendt
01-14-2016, 04:59 PM

Have you finished the season yet? Curious to know your thoughts by the end of it. I'm re-watching through it and I'm up to Episode 5.

cdj
01-14-2016, 06:23 PM
Have you finished the season yet? Curious to know your thoughts by the end of it. I'm re-watching through it and I'm up to Episode 5.

Yes, sir. Binge-watched that weekend.

I was able to predict the big 'twists' of Mr. Robot being his dad and in his mind, but didn't figure out the sister thing until they kissed. As soon as he hesitated then did it, I realized it.

I really like the show as it's probably one of the more clever on TV right now. I don't know if it lived up to the hype I heard from people who watched it, but it is good.

I'm not sure what kind of 'deal' Elliot/Mr Robot struck with Tyrell. I am assuming Tyrell is alive and hiding out somewhere. It seems like his wife is crazier than him and maybe the real mastermind behind what he was doing. I think the shrink's ex is lying about talking to or working with the police but will be trying to get payback on Elliott for catching him and taking his dog.

skipwondah33
01-15-2016, 01:13 PM
Two shows that caught my attention that I am currently watching.

Superstore

It's hilarious to me and can't help but think they are partially making fun of Walmart. Watched the first 3 episodes on demand before it officially started this month.

Colony

Believe it premiered lastnight. Seen a preview for it the other night and thought it looked interesting but didn't know when it was coming on. Happened to flip through the channels and catch it when it was almost over but was able to start it over. Has Rick's wife from Walking Dead in it. Was unsure about it initially but it looks like it's going to be interesting.

JBHuskers
01-15-2016, 01:22 PM
Two shows that caught my attention that I am currently watching.

Superstore

It's hilarious to me and can't help but think they are partially making fun of Walmart. Watched the first 3 episodes on demand before it officially started this month.

Colony

Believe it premiered lastnight. Seen a preview for it the other night and thought it looked interesting but didn't know when it was coming on. Happened to flip through the channels and catch it when it was almost over but was able to start it over. Has Rick's wife from Walking Dead in it. Was unsure about it initially but it looks like it's going to be interesting.

You mean the blue vests and name tags aren't a ripoff of Walmart? :D

skipwondah33
01-15-2016, 02:11 PM
You mean the blue vests and name tags aren't a ripoff of Walmart? :DActually none of that gave it away

The scenes were none of the characters are in it and no lines are being said, are the obvious indicator to me. The one of someone's child just sitting in the middle of the floor. Dude on the toilet (thought Walmart doesn't have those..still lol).

JBHuskers
01-15-2016, 03:11 PM
I definitely want to check that show out.

psuexv
01-15-2016, 03:20 PM
You mean the blue vests and name tags aren't a ripoff of Walmart? :D

They are totally making fun of Walmart.

JBHuskers
01-15-2016, 04:24 PM
They are totally making fun of Walmart.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/185/502/no-shit-sherlock.jpg

JeffHCross
01-18-2016, 03:05 PM
This summer's annual "let's put USA shows on Netflix/Amazon Prime" can't get here fast enough with Mr. Robot and Suits. Anxiously awaiting both!

comprar
01-26-2016, 03:33 AM
Want to watch the first ep of the new season of the 100. Anyone got any sites to make that possible.

bdoughty
01-26-2016, 06:57 AM
http://www.cwtv.com/shows/the-100/

Full episode being streamed on The CW.

souljahbill
02-09-2016, 09:29 PM
Fuller House Trailer
http://youtu.be/CXuGLswn2l0

Who wants to smash Stephanie?

bdoughty
02-09-2016, 09:44 PM
I want to smash Lori Loughlin, still looking hot. Plus she did not go through that two decade long meth and crack faze.

steelerfan
02-15-2016, 02:35 PM
I'm re-watching Season 1 of Better Call Saul on Netflix today to get ready for tonight's start of Season 2. I really like this show (and, of course, Breaking Bad) and I'm much more excited for tonight than I was for The Walking Dead last night.

Last night was a fantastic episode of TWD and I'm hoping to see BCS get off to a good start tonight!

souljahbill
02-15-2016, 04:42 PM
After I finish The West Wing, I'm going to finally watch S3 of Orange is the New Block. Afterwards, I'm gonna watch Daredevil. THEN I'll start Breaking Bad.

SmoothPancakes
02-15-2016, 05:15 PM
After I finish The West Wing, I'm going to finally watch S3 of Orange is the New Block. Afterwards, I'm gonna watch Daredevil. THEN I'll start Breaking Bad.

Damn great show! I literally binge watched all seven seasons of TWW in just 13 days last summer, starting July 4th and finishing the final episodes of season 7 on July 16th, the day before I left for Cleveland for a three day weekend.

souljahbill
02-15-2016, 05:21 PM
Damn great show! I literally binge watched all seven seasons of TWW in just 13 days last summer, starting July 4th and finishing the final episodes of season 7 on July 16th, the day before I left for Cleveland for a three day weekend.

You're an animal. I'm enjoying it but after 3 episodes, I need to watch an episode of Friends as a palate cleanser. The dialogue comes so fast as everyone is so smart that I have to pay attention (it's my 1st run through the series).

SmoothPancakes
02-15-2016, 05:42 PM
You're an animal. I'm enjoying it but after 3 episodes, I need to watch an episode of Friends as a palate cleanser. The dialogue comes so fast as everyone is so smart that I have to pay attention (it's my 1st run through the series).

Yeah, that's where I was able to speed watch through it so fast. I watched the show WAAAY back when it was new, still airing on TV every week. Since then, I've probably watched through the show at least 5 times over the many years, so I know the episodes well and know the ins and outs of the dialogue and "logic" of what's happening throughout the scenes and what the various characters are doing.

Next time I watch it, I'll probably slow down and actually take my time going through it all. My biggest reason to rush was because I was going to be in Cleveland July 17th-19th, then had an EXTREMELY busy ass week at work that next week after, so I was probably not going to get to watch any more episodes for at least a week or two, so sort of made it into a challenge to watch the entire show before I left for Cleveland.

bdoughty
02-15-2016, 11:26 PM
I'm going to finally watch S3 of Orange is the New Block.

Be prepared as Piper and another character become even more annoying in season 3. If you enjoy Orange is the new Black be sure and check out Wentworth. All three seasons of it are on Netflix.

souljahbill
02-16-2016, 05:38 AM
Be prepared as Piper and another character become even more annoying in season 3. If you enjoy Orange is the new Black be sure and check out Wentworth. All three seasons of it are on Netflix.

I already hate most of the characters. I only really like Tastee and the hot Latinas. Oftentimes, I wish the show was like Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead and people would die.

Game of Thrones "spoiler" but only for people who have never watched the show or read the books
Sucks that Ned Stark dies in S1 of his show but Piper still lives in hers.

bdoughty
02-16-2016, 09:03 AM
Rectify is a really interesting show for those who want a fictional version of Making A Murderer. Enjoyed the first two seasons on Netflix so much I bought the 3rd season on Amazon.

Marlowe
02-23-2016, 09:43 AM

Started watching season 1 of Mr Robot last night. Enjoying it so far.

skipwondah33
03-04-2016, 07:54 AM
Happened to be watching NFL network when a ad/commercial came on for a show 'Hap and Leonard'

Has Michael K Williams (The Wire, Boardwalk Empire), James Purefoy (Resident Evil) and Christina Hendricks.

Wouldn't have likely knew about it since it comes on SundanceTV. Pretty good show though, definitely will watch this season

JBHuskers
03-04-2016, 08:37 AM
I watched the pilot of Colony. It didn't suck, but it didn't blow me away either.

skipwondah33
03-04-2016, 09:30 AM
I watched the pilot of Colony. It didn't suck, but it didn't blow me away either.I've been watching it since it started. I like it, but can't help to not like the main chick from her Walking Dead days. Seems like she is playing the same character.

JBHuskers
03-04-2016, 10:28 AM
I've been watching it since it started. I like it, but can't help to not like the main chick from her Walking Dead days. Seems like she is playing the same character.

I thought the exact same thing after one episode :D

Marlowe
03-11-2016, 02:30 PM
I thought the exact same thing after one episode :D

Lol go watch Prison Break [emoji13]

JBHuskers
03-12-2016, 11:46 AM
Lol go watch Prison Break [emoji13]

That's one of the show I always wanted to watch. She's in that too? :D

Marlowe
03-16-2016, 12:59 PM
That's one of the show I always wanted to watch. She's in that too? :D

Yep but don't let that stop you from watching it. Read FOX is bringing it back this year or next. You've got time. [emoji106][emoji1]

psuexv
04-13-2016, 07:43 AM
Anyone watch The Detour on TBS, 1st two episode were Monday night. It's pretty funny so far.

steelerfan
04-13-2016, 09:54 AM
Anyone watch The Detour on TBS, 1st two episode were Monday night. It's pretty funny so far.
Tried to watch the first one after the NCAA Championship Game last week. I quit about halfway through. Didn't hold my interest and I kinda felt like it was trying too hard.

psuexv
04-13-2016, 10:21 AM
Tried to watch the first one after the NCAA Championship Game last week. I quit about halfway through. Didn't hold my interest and I kinda felt like it was trying too hard.

I'm more simple :) I didn't have to think and the jokes cracked me up.

steelerfan
04-13-2016, 11:39 AM
I'm more simple :) I didn't have to think and the jokes cracked me up.

:up:

bdoughty
05-11-2016, 07:58 AM
While I watch a ton of British shows, outside of Orphan Black I really have not found a lot of great Canadian TV. That has changed with the the Republic of Doyle. Near the end of the first season and have been really impressed.

jaymo76
05-11-2016, 08:05 PM
While I watch a ton of British shows, outside of Orphan Black I really have not found a lot of great Canadian TV. That has changed with the the Republic of Doyle. Near the end of the first season and have been really impressed.

Ever seen Letterkenny? It's Super stereotypical Canadian TV.

http://i1.wp.com/www.tv-eh.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/letterkennyday-9june-11iden-ford_27.jpg?resize=800%2C531

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KLSbCtinXs
NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcId5Xnbp1g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUFuevhzoQM&list=PLXS6ftsV9xaQnutdgM5LPf1zgbWcI-2aF
NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFenfwyDzwA
NSFW

bdoughty
05-12-2016, 06:06 AM
Yeah, that may be too Canadian for me.

JBHuskers
05-12-2016, 12:59 PM
I'd give that chick my hoser aye

bdoughty
05-12-2016, 06:06 PM
I'd give that chick my hoser aye

That I agree with. She is the spitting image of Amber from Married with Children.

http://i.imgur.com/CtDQj5O.jpg

Like Bud, I had many naughty thoughts about Amber.

jaymo76
05-12-2016, 08:41 PM
That I agree with. She is the spitting image of Amber from Married with Children.

Her name is Michelle Mylett. She's been in a few bit parts and indi movies.

http://ilarge.lisimg.com/image/8576244/1118full-michelle-mylett.jpg

http://x265mkv.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/210.jpg

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/images/reviews/1/full/1430522121_6.jpg

JBHuskers
05-13-2016, 11:38 AM

Man, I wanted to rail her so hard. (still do)

JBHuskers
05-13-2016, 11:38 AM
So speaking of Canadian TV, I watched nearly the entire run of Weird Houses from Amazon Prime last night :D it's a pretty good show, I think the only season they did was in the late 90's.

JBHuskers
05-22-2016, 09:29 PM
Did anyone watch Preacher tonight? Good?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jaymo76
05-22-2016, 09:57 PM

I was going to check it out but I have been fighting a headache so I my just pvr it later tonight.

psuexv
05-25-2016, 09:32 AM

I watched a little bit during intermission of the Pens game and recorded it. From what I saw it looked good

jaymo76
05-25-2016, 09:12 PM
Watched Preacher. Won't watch it again. It's okay but just didn't spark my interest.

steelerfan
05-25-2016, 10:12 PM
Watched Preacher. Won't watch it again. It's okay but just didn't spark my interest.
That's how I felt, simply watching the promos. I'm not interested.

bdoughty
06-05-2016, 08:19 AM
Hell on Wheels Season 5 begins on Saturday.

bdoughty
06-21-2016, 06:25 PM
Finished Orange is the new Black Season 4. Had it's ups and downs. Strong finish towards the end. Still can't stand Piper. The frizzy redhead Nicky is my star of the show. Sadly you do not get her back till midseason. Pennsatucky a close second. Lori Petty's charter grated on the nerves the whole season, along with Mr. Healy.

Overall one of the better seasons thanks to the second half.

cdj
07-10-2016, 10:48 PM
USA put out hour one of the two-part Mr. Robot premiere for tonight only. Anyone else watch it?

bdoughty
07-11-2016, 12:23 AM
USA put out hour one of the two-part Mr. Robot premiere for tonight only. Anyone else watch it?

Wait. There is a season 2?

Elliot is really his sister who loves to make out with the mirror. Angela just so happens to be the president of Evil Corp and was behind killing her mom. Tyrell is actually Patrick Bateman from American Psycho. Yeah, I am one of the few who did not care for it. Enjoyed the pilot but it seemed to go downhill from there.

gschwendt
07-11-2016, 07:54 AM
If you missed it, you can watch it here... fsociety 'hacks' the feed at around the 24 minute mark. I can't link to the URL without the forum trying to embed it and Vimeo won't let me embed it so you'll have to copy & paste the URL.
https://vimeo.com/174148258

JBHuskers
07-11-2016, 01:45 PM
Finally got around to finishing season one. Man it was so good.

Was a bummer that Shayla died. I figured they were going to make us think she's dead, but ends up being alive in the trunk. Then they made it even sadder by playing the moment they met in the beginning of the next episode.

So did WhiteRose conspire with the CEO of Evil Corp to help the hack take place, or is he swooping in after the fact?

I was right that Mr. Robot was a figment, but it was really cool how they went back to 1994 to tell a story. Interesting twist that it is his father and Darlene is his sister, but he's so messed up he doesn't remember anything and tries to make out with Darlene :D

gschwendt
07-11-2016, 01:51 PM
Interesting theory if you've watched the first episode of season 2. Very spoilery.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MrRobot/comments/4sbkje/spoilers_s2e1_a_theory_about_elliots_strict/

cdj
07-21-2016, 08:06 AM
Interesting theory if you've watched the first episode of season 2. Very spoilery.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MrRobot/comments/4sbkje/spoilers_s2e1_a_theory_about_elliots_strict/

[Mr. Robot]

I would say that theory is probably pretty accurate.

Mental institution is my guess.

I'm not sure what to think of last night's episode. It was great in spots, but I also thought in others it was the worst of the series.

- There's some transition going on in this episode to add Ray & Dominique to the plotline, which - while I think each will be good additions - weren't the smoothest to this particular episode. The Romero death is part of that. Romero was paranoid and cautious at the start of the episode, but he used/kept documents from fsociety to wrap his fragile items? C'mon....

- I never doubted that would be Elliott's stance on religion, but I thought his rant came across as preachy and more directly from Sam Esmail than through the Elliott character. If Esmail is self-aware/honest at all, he will address or have Elliott realize he has decreed himself as God and the center of the universe - hacking E Corp to 'save everyone' - however, it has (to date) only resulted in hurting people and putting his friends/loved ones at risk, including himself. If he truly believes there is no God, he shouldn't be putting himself into that role, otherwise it is extremely hypocritical/delusional.

- The episode reminded me of Breaking Bad with the look they gave the warden/Mr Robot (hat & glasses) and Dominique seemingly now playing the season six role of Hank with the feds now possibly on the trail of fsociety. (I think there will be some twist with the FBI agent, but I haven't formulated a guess on that yet. The longer she goes without looping in the agency, the more likely it is that she's an fsociety admirer, Dark Army, etc.)

In a late scene where Ray & Elliott are talking, did it cut out/get choppy for anyone else? I was unsure if that was a satellite/broadcast issue or intentional.

steelerfan
08-17-2016, 01:21 AM
https://youtu.be/yVcbBwMgEXE

This is LONG overdue. Please go to Oregon! :ram?:

SmoothPancakes
08-17-2016, 07:10 AM
https://youtu.be/yVcbBwMgEXE

This is LONG overdue. Please go to Oregon! :ram?:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Gifs/chris_hansen.gif

gschwendt
10-02-2016, 09:07 PM
Westworld premiered on HBO tonight... definitely shows a lot of promise.
It's a bit like Assassin's Creed (the futuristic portions) meets Red Dead Redemption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D-GWBgnTJU

comprar
11-02-2016, 06:40 AM
Last night was a fantastic episode of TWD and I'm hoping to see BCS get off to a good start tonight!

bdoughty
11-02-2016, 07:24 AM
It likes blood and is confused. Assuming BCS is Better Call Saul which is not currently airing new episodes.

http://i.imgur.com/YmRtj0j.jpg?1

SmoothPancakes
02-05-2017, 04:01 PM
24 returns to TV tonight with 24: Legacy. My all-time favorite TV show is finally back! The best damn show on TV from 2001 to 2010 (along with the brief Live Another Day revival in 2014).

Even though it won't be the same without Jack Bauer, I'm still looking forward to this new series. I'm also happy it's going back to its real time format of each episode only being one hour in the day, at least initially as the first four episodes only go up to 4pm. There may be a time jump between episodes later in the season.

Rudy
05-01-2017, 07:55 PM
American Gods starts today on Amazon Prime or Starz. I'm very curious about this show. They have a decent amount of names in it. I quit reading the book about 1/3 way through because I thought it got too weird but maybe the TV format will do it well. Hopefully watching episode 1 tonight. The first season is 8 episodes.

I'm not sure how much they will deviate from the book or what their plans are. This wasn't a trilogy. It's a single book 560 pages long. For Game of Thrones it was pretty much 100+ pages per episode. So I don't know how they can stretch this book out into multiple seasons unless they veer from the source material.

Well, I just watched the first episode, which was rated R and just over an hour. Much like the book it has cool characters but very weird crap. I will watch the next one but I think I will quit sooner than later.

bdoughty
06-27-2017, 04:57 PM
I have spent the last month or so pretending to be Canadian and binge watched The Trailer Park Boys (everything but the movies and side stuff) and the absolutely incredible Murdoch Mysteries which I am up to season 5 on. Trailer Park Boys was great until they jumped like 500 sharks with the Snoop Dogg and Tom Arnold episodes. Murdoch Mysteries was the big surprise. Great cast that has so far stayed together, with compelling mysteries, legendary inventors and that Crabtree character.

cdj
01-05-2018, 08:35 AM
Anybody still watching Mr. Robot? I binge watched the third season to catch up.

I really liked the first season as it had a building plot each week to something larger. However over the last two seasons it feels like it has become like Breaking Bad for the IT world - each week some wild scenario that the main characters escape from. I did enjoy the third season, but the finale (minus the final scene) ended relatively clean so I wonder if there's only a season or two left for the show.

raisonvadeboncoeur
06-20-2018, 12:00 AM
Game of Thrones. Yet to complete season 6. Busy schedule.:(

Rudy
07-05-2018, 06:47 AM
Goliath season 2 was entertaining but it wasn't as good as season 1 and too many things weren't explained enough or didn't make sense/lacked realism. I'd still recommend it if you liked the first season but some things were head scratchers.

bdoughty
07-05-2018, 08:38 AM
Same feelings on season 2 of Goliath. Worth the time but not near the original. On the flip side Bosch continues to get better each season. First season was okay but the last three seasons have been some of the best TV produced in the US.

Just finished The Missing (Amazon Prime) and both seasons were terrific. It is a British show mostly played out in France and Germany, just FYI as some people are not big on the overseas stuff. Also highly recommend the second season of Glow on Netflix.

Rudy
07-05-2018, 08:44 AM
I haven't heard of some of those shows. Will have to check them out.

Rudy
09-01-2018, 06:52 PM
Watched the first episode of Jack Ryan on Prime. Really good. Kind of reminded me of 24 but with a more realistic and normal time pacing. Also, Jack Ryan doesn’t have the cape like Jack Bauer who was a Chuck Norris like legend.

cdj
02-18-2019, 08:27 PM
Anyone watching the latest season of True Detective on HBO? I think this season has been really good and makes up for season two's disappointment.

Rudy
02-19-2019, 07:21 AM
I haven't watched any of the True Detective series other than one scene with Alexandra Daddario. Wow.

Wife and I are in Suits season 4. I was getting fairly tired of it in season 3. We didn't watch much as it felt it was a lot of rehash and Mike and Rachel was boring. Season 4 has changed things up nicely.

Rudy
03-11-2019, 01:56 PM
No spoilers but my wife and I have been watching a lot of Suits lately. It's a show they we really liked initially and thought the first season was great. Second season good and then we slowly worked our way through the third season since it became "been there, done that". It definitely got stale. But season 4 shook some things up and season 5 was really good. So we are starting season 6. Wife is hooked as much as she ever has.

Rudy
07-22-2019, 04:37 PM
Chernobyl was fantastic. Still can’t believe how much worse it could have been. The final episode did a great job explaining exactly what happened too. The whole thing was five episodes for a total of 5.5 hours.

jaymo76
07-23-2019, 03:14 PM
Chernobyl was fantastic. Still can’t believe how much worse it could have been. The final episode did a great job explaining exactly what happened too. The whole thing was five episodes for a total of 5.5 hours.

Yeah that show was fantastic! Those first two episodes I couldn't look away.