PDA

View Full Version : TV Shows Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

SmoothPancakes
05-11-2013, 04:57 PM
24 is coming back as a revived limited series, 13 episodes.

psuexv
05-12-2013, 08:30 PM
Interested to see how Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is going to be. Not sure what to really think yet.

SmoothPancakes
05-17-2013, 01:06 PM
Defiance

So that's how Nolan and Irisa came to meet each other and stick together.

JBHuskers
05-17-2013, 01:32 PM
I need to watch this week's yet. :D Better do that tonight so I can see what's under the spoiler.

SmoothPancakes
05-17-2013, 01:52 PM
I need to watch this week's yet. :D Better do that tonight so I can see what's under the spoiler.

:D Yeah, I just finally got around to watching it a little bit ago. I am so backed up on my DVR this week. Sitting at something like 78% full.

JBHuskers
05-17-2013, 02:42 PM
:D Yeah, I just finally got around to watching it a little bit ago. I am so backed up on my DVR this week. Sitting at something like 78% full.

Mine constantly hovers from 80% to 90% :D

JBHuskers
05-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Defiance

So that's how Nolan and Irisa came to meet each other and stick together.

Yep. Totally didn't see that coming. Didn't think it was going to be that major of a backstory. I thought she was just completely losing her shit. Props to the black lawkeeper for getting some of Irisa :D damn lucky bastard. I also thought for a minute Nolan was going to do the sister double with the mayor too.

JBHuskers
05-25-2013, 02:06 AM
Dunno if I really need spoiler tags, but just in case people are jumping on like me...

Falling Skies

I'm halfway through season one. Just where Ben wakes up. How come he recognizes his dad, but the other kid didn't?

Liking it so far. Gone through four episodes tonight, bout half way through season one. Might watch one or two more tonight.

JBHuskers
05-25-2013, 03:55 AM
More Falling Skies

Watched six episodes tonight. Got to Mike's funeral. That was pretty crazy how they brokered a deal with the aliens. So Mike's son (can't remember his name) not knowing who his father is makes more sense. He must have been harnessed longer or something to have more empathy for the aliens, and be more out there. You see some from Ben, but on a much lesser level.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

gschwendt
05-30-2013, 09:39 AM
Mad Men foreshadowing a plot twist? Pretty intriguing if true.
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/05/mad-men-theory-will-megan-draper-be-murdered-like-sharon-tate.html

JBHuskers
05-30-2013, 09:52 AM
Over the long holiday weekend, almost caught up on Falling Skies. Four episodes left from last season. I didn't think I'd dig it when it came out, but I really dig it now.

As for Mad Men, that is one that I need to get started on eventually. Thankfully it's on Netflix.

SmoothPancakes
06-02-2013, 04:10 AM
Defiance (May 20th episode)

A lot happened at the end of the May 20th episode. Killing the bomber dude. Eddie taking the fall for Nolan. Quentin killing the glasses dude and disposing of his body. Eddie being pretty much proved as the guy that gave the bomber the packet of stuff in the jail cell and then setting the stage for him to break his way out before the episode ended. It was a bit of a slow episode, a lot of back and forth between the bomber guy running and Nolan and company trying to find him, then it all ratcheted up in the final 20 minutes or so.

Tomorrow's new episode definitely should be good based on the preview they gave.

JBHuskers
06-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Defiance (May 20th episode)

A lot happened at the end of the May 20th episode. Killing the bomber dude. Eddie taking the fall for Nolan. Quentin killing the glasses dude and disposing of his body. Eddie being pretty much proved as the guy that gave the bomber the packet of stuff in the jail cell and then setting the stage for him to break his way out before the episode ended. It was a bit of a slow episode, a lot of back and forth between the bomber guy running and Nolan and company trying to find him, then it all ratcheted up in the final 20 minutes or so.

Tomorrow's new episode definitely should be good based on the preview they gave.

Yeah I was surprised that dude with the glasses was killed off. Thought he'd be a major player in the main storyline. Kinda surprised that Eddie was to break the pyro guy out of the jail cell, and also surprised he turned on Nolan, and then surprised he took the fall :D but he'll be free from the E-Reps in no time after a little water and salt pills. BOOM!

JBHuskers
06-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Falling Skies is all caught up.

Really dug the first two season and excited for next week's season premiere. Was kinda shocked that Karen was that shady, thought she was going to go along with the Skitter rebellion. It was too bad that the red eyed Skitter died. Started to like him :D It'll be interesting to see who this new alien is. Looked kinda friendly with a smile on his face, just going to be very interesting where the tide turns now that the military fish head leader is dead.

SmoothPancakes
06-03-2013, 12:23 AM
Yeah I was surprised that dude with the glasses was killed off. Thought he'd be a major player in the main storyline. Kinda surprised that Eddie was to break the pyro guy out of the jail cell, and also surprised he turned on Nolan, and then surprised he took the fall :D but he'll be free from the E-Reps in no time after a little water and salt pills. BOOM!

Yeah, I had the glasses guy pegged as a major player too. He was constantly seen with the former mayor lady and involved in all the "evil" plotting of the previous episodes. So it definitely surprised me when Quentin killed him. If anything, I thought it was Quentin who was screwed. I guess glasses guy should have charged his zapper a little longer that morning. :D

Yeah, Eddie kind of surprised me too. While he was high up my suspicion list after Nolan confronted him with the baggie (especially since he wanted the bomber so badly), I also had glasses guy among my list of suspects with him involved in everything else that has gone wrong in Defiance.

:D Yeah, Eddie was doing some serious waffling there. "I'm turning you in, sorry, it's just what I gotta do"..."I did it, he had nothing to do with it". But yeah, while he took the fall, he'll be free again in no time.

I also wonder if we might have received a hit of a future plot in the series. When Eddie turned on Nolan and said he was turning him over to the E-Reps, he said Nolan had, if I remember right, a quarter million bounty on his head. Makes me wonder if someone else will get wind of Nolan's whereabouts and come looking for him in a future episode to collect on the bounty.

JBHuskers
06-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Falling Skies Part 1 Tonight....

They sure like to skip ahead and make you wonder what happened in the time between at the start of a season :D

At least we got some flashbacks at the start of season two.

So who do you think is the mole? I think it's that one top general dude, but now that Hal seems to actually be walking into the forest to meet Karen, it could be him too. Obviously Hal was my first thought with the probe inside him, then I thought maybe that was too obvious. Outside shot that it is Pope.

JBHuskers
06-09-2013, 11:13 PM
Falling Skies Part Two tonight...

Not much outside of the mole falling for the plan. The mole came in just as they were about to leave right? So that would rule Hal out. Or would it?

bdoughty
06-09-2013, 11:18 PM
For anyone who missed or is interested in The Killing season 3. Amazon has the first episode (2 hours) form last week for free. Pretty sure anyone can watch it (not limited to prime users). I loved the first two seasons and so far season 3 has been good, including tonight's episode.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D5POZFI/ref=atv_sd_to_hd_ss

ram29jackson
06-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Falling Skies Part Two tonight...

Not much outside of the mole falling for the plan. The mole came in just as they were about to leave right? So that would rule Hal out. Or would it?

on the next episode- Tom keeps telling people to stop calling him President :D call me Tom Dammit

baseballplyrmvp
06-10-2013, 01:01 AM
any idea on how the baby is connected in this?

morsdraconis
06-10-2013, 04:15 AM
For anyone who missed or is interested in The Killing season 3. Amazon has the first episode (2 hours) form last week for free. Pretty sure anyone can watch it (not limited to prime users). I loved the first two seasons and so far season 3 has been good, including tonight's episode.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D5POZFI/ref=atv_sd_to_hd_ss

Awesome. I haven't taken the time to watch the next season yet. I'm interested to see if it can stay interesting as it truly looked like they were going to just end it there after season 2.

bdoughty
06-18-2013, 07:14 AM
Amazon Prime members get the whole 3rd season of Downton Abby for free. (http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/17/season-3-of-downton-abbey-arrives-on-amazon-exclusive/)

First Episode is up! (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AXVHHTI/ref=wtls_list_pr_0?ie=UTF8&redirect=true)

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2013, 10:58 PM
Just watched the newest episode of Defiance, "The Bride Wore Black".

Holy shit...

JBHuskers
06-28-2013, 11:23 PM
I'm like four episodes behind on Defiance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2013, 11:49 PM
I'm like four episodes behind on Defiance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Oh, you're in for a doozy when you get caught up. A lot has gone down in these last four episodes.

JBHuskers
07-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Anyone watching Falling Skies this year?

morsdraconis
07-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Anyone watching Falling Skies this year?

Yeah, though I've forgotten to watch the last 3 or 4 episodes.

JBHuskers
07-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Drunk History is debuting on Comedy Central tonight. Basically comedians and celebs get hammered, re-enact historical scenes, and their voices are dubbed. Came from Funny or Die and looks hilarious. Tonight stars Jack Black, Dave Grohl, Bob Odenkirk, and Will Forte.

GatorfanStovy
07-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Not sure where to post this epic come back for a TV series but here it goes.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers are making a web based come back this fall 2013. It looks like it will be a show. Here is a trailer. For any of you remembering the power rangers this show is suppose take place before Zeo,Turbo and in space series and the other didn't exist in this story line. A whole new line of heroes take place. To me it looks pretty damn good for a non profit film I can't wait.

Link: http://youtu.be/aNPx94ErNgg

SmoothPancakes
07-24-2013, 06:48 PM
None of what I just read made any lick of sense. Granted, I only watched that show for a couple years in the early-90s, not watching it anymore after sometime around 1994. Sounds like they took what was at least a simple, entertaining show and blew it all to shit with a bunch of stupid spin-offs.

SmoothPancakes
07-24-2013, 06:51 PM
Moving on to the show Defiance, just finished the season finale earlier this afternoon. JB, not sure where you are in the season, so I won't go into details on it, other than to say holy shit, what an ending to the season. I'm looking forward to season 2 after that season one finale. It sucks though, season one starting in April, season two isn't going to start until June 2014, they're bumping it back two months next year.

GatorfanStovy
07-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Here is more of a detailed link to what is really going on how the show is going to be. Yes after I think Power rangers in Space the show went to crap.

http://www.mmprfilm.com/Home.html

SmoothPancakes
07-24-2013, 07:27 PM
It sounds like it went to crap long before that, if they were spinning off the series to "Power Rangers in Space". :fp:

Thank god I stopped watching that show in the early to mid-90s, when it was still just the plain old vanilla show, with none of that spin-off crap.

bdoughty
07-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Just finished Season 5, the finals season of Damages. A great show that got better each season. Remember Glen Close from Fatal Attraction? Imagine that amount of craziness over five seasons. Pretty sure the first four seasons are still free at Amazon for Prime Members. The way they give you the ending in bits as the season unfolds, adds to the suspense in most seasons.

Also Rose Byrne is really easy on the eyes.

JBHuskers
07-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Moving on to the show Defiance, just finished the season finale earlier this afternoon. JB, not sure where you are in the season, so I won't go into details on it, other than to say holy shit, what an ending to the season. I'm looking forward to season 2 after that season one finale. It sucks though, season one starting in April, season two isn't going to start until June 2014, they're bumping it back two months next year.

I think I have five or six to watch :D I'll knock them out soon.

JBHuskers
07-25-2013, 10:19 AM
I found the perfect block of TV from 8PM - 1AM central for when nothing is on. I was gaming so DVR stuff that I watch while gaming was caught up (things like stuff on History), so while I was playing Tiger and NCAA last night, I went from Full House to Family Guy to Golden Girls :nod: and if I stay up even later, Cheers is on at 1AM on Hallmark.

JBHuskers
07-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Mark your calendars! Sons of Anarchy - Season 6, September 10th.

SmoothPancakes
08-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Season 3 of Hell on Wheels fires up tonight at 9pm EST with a two hour (two episode) premiere. Finally got good shows back on the weekend! Hell on Wheels from tonight through early October, then get Walking Dead back in mid-October. :nod:

SmoothPancakes
08-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Anyone know anything about Low Winter Sun?

The series premiere is on AMC tomorrow night at 10pm, but I never heard anything about it until a promo just a little bit ago while watching the Hell on Wheels marathon. From what I've found online, it's based on a 2006 British two-part miniseries. Apparently even has the same actors as the miniseries, with the AMC show taking place in Detroit.

A couple different stories have comparisons drawn between Low Winter Sun and The Wire. I may have to check it out and see how it is. AMC usually hits home runs with their programming, so hopefully this will be decent.

Also could be some good shows coming up in the future. Some listed under developmental programming on AMC's wikipedia page: Line of Sight, Rights of Bill and The Wall, plus a one or two as of yet unnamed shows. Line of Sight has already had a pilot ordered, so maybe it'll show up in 2014 or 2015 if AMC gives it the green light for a season.

bdoughty
08-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Season 3 of Hell on Wheels fires up tonight at 9pm EST with a two hour (two episode) premiere. Finally got good shows back on the weekend! Hell on Wheels from tonight through early October, then get Walking Dead back in mid-October. :nod:

Back to back to back to back for me with Longmire on Monday (though only two episodes left) and Rizzoli and Isles on Tuesday.

SmoothPancakes
08-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Back to back to back to back for me with Longmire on Monday (though only two episodes left) and Rizzoli and Isles on Tuesday.

I've been meaning to check out Longmire. I have so many TV shows that I have been interested in but either never got a chance to watch (at least not the early episodes or first season) or never got around to seeing.

Longmire, Justified, Sons of Anarchy (saw most of the first season and part of second, but never got the chance to get fully into it at the time), Rescue Me (saw only first season), Breaking Bad (never saw the first season, so waiting for the series to finish and watch it all on Netflix or wherever), re-watch The Shield (saw most of it but missed most of one season and bits and pieces of other seasons), Nip/Tuck (saw most of it but missed the later seasons), plus some others that are probably slipping my mind at the moment.

bdoughty
08-10-2013, 08:32 PM
I've been meaning to check out Longmire. I have so many TV shows that I have been interested in but either never got a chance to watch (at least not the early episodes or first season) or never got around to seeing.

Longmire, Justified, Sons of Anarchy (saw most of the first season and part of second, but never got the chance to get fully into it at the time), Rescue Me (saw only first season), Breaking Bad (never saw the first season, so waiting for the series to finish and watch it all on Netflix or wherever), re-watch The Shield (saw most of it but missed most of one season and bits and pieces of other seasons), Nip/Tuck (saw most of it but missed the later seasons), plus some others that are probably slipping my mind at the moment.

I have to wait a day to watch anything on AMC by purchasing through Amazon, otherwise I would be watching Hell on Wheels Right now. All we get here is a really shit digital channel. AMC is delivering some good stuff but if you have not checked out the BBC America lineup you are missing out. Luther, Copper, Sherlock are all amazing shows currently running. They also have Doctor Who for the Sci-Fi crowd.

Breaking Bad and Justified are both amazing. Sons of Anarchy is up there along with Longmire. Rescue me was hit and miss for me, I was ready for the series to end. I find myself hardly ever watching Movies because I prefer to TV shows and the evolution of characters over multiple seasons.

SmoothPancakes
08-10-2013, 08:46 PM
I have to wait a day to watch anything on AMC by purchasing through Amazon, otherwise I would be watching Hell on Wheels Right now. All we get here is a really shit digital channel. AMC is delivering some good stuff but if you have not checked out the BBC America lineup you are missing out. Luther, Copper, Sherlock are all amazing shows currently running. They also have Doctor Who for the Sci-Fi crowd.

Breaking Bad and Justified are both amazing. Sons of Anarchy is up there along with Longmire. Rescue me was hit and miss for me, I was ready for the series to end. I find myself hardly ever watching Movies because I prefer to TV shows and the evolution of characters over multiple seasons.

Yep, I knew I was forgetting stuff. :D

Yeah, Copper caught my interest back when it first premiered, but I missed the first couple episodes, so like others, waiting for it to come out on Netflix or elsewhere. I'll have to look into Luther and Sherlock.

bdoughty
08-11-2013, 07:12 AM
Forgot to add to my list that Dunk Dynasty is back on Wednesday!

Went ahead and watched the season premier of Hell On Wheels on a later airing and it was a good start to the season.

I do miss The Swede and hope he was somehow able to survive the fall. A no show so far but I have a feeling he will pop up at some point.

bdoughty
08-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Nobody watching Breaking Bad? I had my usual love hate relationship with the opener. No spoilers neccessary as the formula remains pretty much the same.

Walt continues to grow more badass.
Skyler actually got less annoying for this episode. Her annoyance was replaced by this feminists article about how the show can't be "her show" due to a lack of strong female roles. (http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/13/breaking-bad-no-real-women)
Jessie's vagina is now fully functional. I think he does a fine job as the lead female character. Now the absolute worst character on the show. Walter White Jr. can now celebrate.

souljahbill
08-18-2013, 10:25 PM
The Newsroom tonight was crazy good and next week looks to be even better.

Marlowe
08-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Jessie's vagina is now fully functional. I think he does a fine job as the lead female.

I think he found his nuts last night.

bdoughty
08-26-2013, 03:06 PM
I think he found his nuts last night.

It only took 5 seasons but they did drop at the end of the episode.

bdoughty
09-11-2013, 07:02 AM
Sons of Anarchy finally makes a return. Loved the episode and all the glorious violence. No spoilers but the ending will make for an intriguing and controversial story line. Will be interesting to see what road they take.

JBHuskers
09-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Sons of Anarchy finally makes a return. Loved the episode and all the glorious violence. No spoilers but the ending will make for an intriguing and controversial story line. Will be interesting to see what road they take.

The beatdown Tara gave in prison was pretty badass. Gemma rubbing off on her does her good there.

I find it interesting that Pope's right hand man August still wants Jax to hand over Tig. I thought maybe he was in on killing Pope so he could take over the operations, so that was somewhat of a surprise.

Definitely seems like a matter of time before Lee, the dead nurse's brother, just completely loses it. Remember the weapons cache he had in his hotel room. It's pretty substantial. Thought it was funny that Clay wasn't going to take his deal to keep him in protective custody, then sees gen pop and does a 180 :D

And of course there is Jax getting him some at the end of the episode....even though I like Tara with the short hair now :hump:

Then there is the school shooting....

The kid took the gun from his mom who is with Nero's group who got the guns from SAMCRO.

gschwendt
09-16-2013, 10:11 AM
For anyone that's not watching Breaking Bad... you're missing out. This season and especially last night's episode were extraordinary television... the writing, the nuances, the subtleties are brilliant. Only two episodes left...

JBHuskers
09-16-2013, 10:12 AM
I'll be getting it started soon. Justified first, then probably Breaking Bad.

morsdraconis
09-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Meh. The Newsroom is far more interesting to me than Breaking Bad.

souljahbill
09-16-2013, 11:31 AM
Meh. The Newsroom is far more interesting to me than Breaking Bad.

Watch all of season 2? Loved the series finale!

JBHuskers
09-16-2013, 01:32 PM
I'm going to watch season one of that sometime soon too.

Shit I still have Defiance and Falling Skies on my DVR before I start a new series.

psuexv
09-16-2013, 01:57 PM
I have so many shows I need to get caught up on it's ridiculous. Got to finish Justified, want to start Breaking Bad. Newsroom is sitting on the DVR. About half way through House of Cards.

steelerfan
09-16-2013, 02:27 PM
I just started watching Breaking Bad late last night. I stayed up all night and watched the first 8 or 9 episodes. :nod:

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

morsdraconis
09-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Watch all of season 2? Loved the series finale!

If you mean of Breaking Bad, no, I didn't. I stopped at the end of Season 1. His decision to continue to do what he was doing was DUMB and made no sense to anyone with any type of sanity. Completely took me out of his reasoning as a character.

For the sake of those that haven't started yet.

souljahbill
09-16-2013, 04:56 PM
If you mean of Breaking Bad, no, I didn't. I stopped at the end of Season 1. His decision to continue to do what he was doing was DUMB and made no sense to anyone with any type of sanity. Completely took me out of his reasoning as a character.

For the sake of those that haven't started yet.

No, Newsroom. I don't know anything about Breaking Bad.

bdoughty
09-16-2013, 05:13 PM
For anyone that's not watching Breaking Bad... you're missing out. This season and especially last night's episode were extraordinary television... the writing, the nuances, the subtleties are brilliant. Only two episodes left...

Last night was amazing. I am also looking forward to the spinoff.

A few more show that are kicking some ass this season are Hell On Wheels and Copper.

Now time to sit back and enjoy season three of Luther. Only four episodes but I will take any amount of this amazing show.

morsdraconis
09-16-2013, 05:42 PM
No, Newsroom. I don't know anything about Breaking Bad.

Ah, then yes! EMPHATICALLY yes! Season 2 is just as amazing, if not more so, than season 1. It's the best show on TV, BAR NONE.

morsdraconis
09-16-2013, 05:45 PM
Now time to sit back and enjoy season three of Luther. Only four episodes but I will take any amount of this amazing show.

I REALLY need to watch it, but I'm saddened by the lack of:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2007/11/05/ruthwilson460x276.jpg

So, it's just sitting in my queue of things to stream online for free without paying for the ability to watch them. ;)

bdoughty
09-20-2013, 02:27 AM
I REALLY need to watch it, but I'm saddened by the lack of:
So, it's just sitting in my queue of things to stream online for free without paying for the ability to watch them. ;)

You put me in a pickle as I just just finished Season 3 and have no one to talk about it with. It was an overall disappointment compared to the first two seasons (that said it was still better than most everything on TV) but the ending of part three and the last part made it more than worthwhile. They say absence makes the heart grown stronger, I will just leave it at that.

morsdraconis
09-20-2013, 08:43 AM
gah! Now I have to watch them all!

cdj
09-20-2013, 07:11 PM
AMC's 'Breaking Bad' marathon will show every single episode of the show before series finale (http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/20/4752762/amcs-breaking-bad-marathon-will-show-every-single-episode-of-the-show)

As AMC's hit series Breaking Bad has wound through its final eight episodes, interest has raised to a fever pitch. If you're not up to date on the story of Walter White and would like to find out what everyone's talking about, you're in luck: AMC will be airing every episode of the show in a marathon before the series finale. Deadline reports that AMC's "Countdown to Finale" will kick off on Wednesday, September 25th at 8PM, and will run through the first four seasons of the show in order, ending on September 27th. The first half of the current season will then pick up at 11PM on September 28th, and will run straight through until the 75-minute series finale the following day. That final episode will be followed by the Chris Hardwick-hosted Talking Bad, and will feature series creator Vince Gilligan and Aaron Paul, among other guests. If you haven't been following up to this point, do yourself a favor: make room on your DVR, set it to record, and get ready for one of the most outstanding runs in television.

SmoothPancakes
09-20-2013, 07:40 PM
Ugh. Definitely gonna pass and stick to the Netflix route sometime down the road. Trying to watch 5 seasons inside of 72 hours or whatever, not a chance in hell. Even back in my college days, I doubt I could even dream to keep up with something like that, DVR or not.

steelerfan
09-20-2013, 08:32 PM
Ugh. Definitely gonna pass and stick to the Netflix route sometime down the road. Trying to watch 5 seasons inside of 72 hours or whatever, not a chance in hell. Even back in my college days, I doubt I could even dream to keep up with something like that, DVR or not.

I am on Season 4, Episode 8. I started Sunday night. :D

bdoughty
09-20-2013, 08:47 PM
I am on Season 4, Episode 8. I started Sunday night. :D

It is one thing to watch a character like Walt to devolve over five seasons. It is whole different thing to watch that devolution in a week. I do not think I could take that much of the Skylar and Jessie characters in so little time. That is like Chinese Water Torture.

steelerfan
09-20-2013, 08:53 PM
It is one thing to watch a character like Walt to devolve over five seasons. It is whole different thing to watch that devolution in a week. I do not think I could take that much of the Skylar and Jessie characters in so little time. That is like Chinese Water Torture.

I definitely would like to put a bullet in Skyler. However, this is the best way to watch a show. No waiting, just get it over with. :)

bdoughty
09-21-2013, 01:13 AM
I definitely would like to put a bullet in Skyler. However, this is the best way to watch a show. No waiting, just get it over with. :)

It is nice on occasion to do that with a season of a show I do not have have access too (HBO Showtime BBC America) but I can't match the pace you are on. I might do 2-3 episodes a night.

JBHuskers
09-21-2013, 02:23 AM

Plus you'd have to deal with commercials. I'll definitely start it on Netflix at some point.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

bdoughty
09-22-2013, 10:54 PM
Amazing how Breaking Bad just keep killing it with each episode as we now go to the finale. On the opposite end of the spectrum a once great show, "Dexter" ended it's run tonight and after watching the first seven seasons, I have just been reading the spoilers because the show is just laughably bad. After reading the spoilers for the finale tonight it just embarrassed itself even further.

I think what intrigues me most is what Bryan Cranston does next. Without him Malcolm in the Middle is unwatchable and then he completely flips a switch to become Walt.

psuexv
09-25-2013, 12:18 PM
With The Shield getting good reviews you knew more would follow

Fox picks up origin series about Batman's home (http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/24/fox-gotham-batman-dc-comics/)

Fox is re-entering the comic book biz by developing a drama about Batman’s home.
Dubbed Gotham, the project from Warner Bros. TV will explore the origin stories of Commissioner James Gordon and the villains that made the fictitious American city famous.
Bruno Heller (The Mentalist) will executive and produce the one-hour drama that’s already received a series commitment from Fox. The drama — which is the second DC concept to go up for grabs this fall after the CW began developing a possible spinoff with The Flash — reportedly ignited a bidding war.
The last time DC peddled a Gotham-inspired series was Birds of Prey in 2002 on the WB. That took place in the New Gotham City after Batman abandoned it. So did viewers, after 13 episodes.

With ABC’s Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. enjoying high awareness and The Walking Dead breaking ratings records, comic book-inspired TV series are definitely the hot new trend. And Gotham has lots of potential given all the DC mythology: The make-believe city that first surfaced on the pages of DC comics in 1940 is home to numerous mobsters (hey there, Carmine Falcone!), nefarious gangs and those larger-than-life loons like the Joker, the Penguin, and the Scarecrow. There’s also the crazy inhabitants of Arkham Asylum, which is located on the outskirts of the city and houses lots of legally sane foes of Batman. A veritable creep-apalooza!
Even better, the series could delve Wayne Family, before Bruce became the Caped Crusader.
This isn’t the first time Fox has looked to DC for a series. In 2010, it premiered Human Target, a Mark Valley starrer that was loosely based on the comic book character of the same name. The series was cancelled after two seasons.

bdoughty
09-25-2013, 09:42 PM
CoVEN- Bitches and Witches in two weeks.

http://i.imgur.com/vdRXiif.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaY7k2GjguM

JBHuskers
09-25-2013, 11:20 PM
:nod:

Loved the new preview they showed during Sons last night.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

bdoughty
09-27-2013, 12:42 AM
Another Fall another batch of shows to watch. Have not tried anything new but for the shows I watch, excluding 2 Broke Girls which was a moment of weakness. Will add to list with Big Bang and Elementary after I watch them.

Criminal Minds - Criminal they let this show on for another season. What a horrible start to a season.
Sons Of Anarchy - Good so far and so far so good.
New Girl - I would so do things to CeCe that I will not comment on here. Love the show and not a single character I despise.
2 Broke Girls - If you watch the show on mute and no subtitles, it actually beats Criminal Minds. With the sound on, Criminal Minds is a masterpiece in comparison.
The League - Good but the show needs more Taco and less Rafi.
It Used to Be Sunny In Philadelphia - Good for a couple seasons, gradually worse each season but I still watch. Needs more Charlie and less Rest of the Cast.

psuexv
09-27-2013, 07:49 AM
Another Fall another batch of shows to watch. Have not tried anything new but for the shows I watch, excluding 2 Broke Girls which was a moment of weakness. Will add to list with Big Bang and Elementary after I watch them.

Criminal Minds - Criminal they let this show on for another season. What a horrible start to a season.
Sons Of Anarchy - Good so far and so far so good.
New Girl - I would so do things to CeCe that I will not comment on here. Love the show and not a single character I despise.
2 Broke Girls - If you watch the show on mute and no subtitles, it actually beats Criminal Minds. With the sound on, Criminal Minds is a masterpiece in comparison.
The League - Good but the show needs more Taco and less Rafi.
It Used to Be Sunny In Philadelphia - Good for a couple seasons, gradually worse each season but I still watch. Needs more Charlie and less Rest of the Cast.

I quit watching Criminal Minds about 3 seasons ago. It was really good to start but has struggled.

JBHuskers
09-27-2013, 09:39 AM
It's just amazing how much deeper the shit can get on Sons of Anarchy.

Obviously Pope's men on the inside were not going to kill Clay. He's too big of a character to go down like that. Very interesting that he cut a deal with them to save his life, but who was the guy he took out? Will it blow back on the sons?

Of course the Marshall dude was going to plan evidence onto Nero, that seemed like that was going to be obvious. That dude is whacked out though, he's going to slip up and get killed soon.

Wonder what will happen with Tig. Obviously him dying is too obvious here too. I still think August and Jax are in together to take down Pope so he could be the #1 guy.

Now that Tara is pregnant AGAIN (fertile one she is), wonder how long it will be before Jax says he nailed the head hooker of the new joint.

GatorfanStovy
09-27-2013, 11:32 PM
Finally watched the Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D premier . very good IMO. It will be very interesting to see where the show goes. I'm glad ABC picked up it and not fox. So the rest of the season should turn out good.

bdoughty
09-28-2013, 12:14 AM
Just saw where "The IT Crowd" aired a special final episode last night on Channel 4 (Britain only). They opted against a 5th season but finally got around to ending it.

Title for the show is: The IT Crowd: The Internet Is Coming

If you catch this showing up on Amazon, Hulu, Netflix or any other legitimate source please post it here. They won't even let Americans view the preview on their site so it might be awhile before it makes it over here legally.

bdoughty
09-28-2013, 05:27 AM
Elementary -Solid start, nice to finally see Sherlock's brother make an appearance.
Big Bang Theory - Corny but I like corny. Someone needs to get Raj laid because that storyline is getting old.

Funny thing is I just saw his ex-girlfriend from last season in a music video. She is already creepy to me and this video just upped the creep factor.

Not really safe for work and may have already been posted here on another thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j8ZF_R_j0OY

bdoughty
09-30-2013, 04:29 AM
Breaking bad finale

An amazing ending for an amazing show. Closure, that is how you end a show. The visit to the ex-partners house was the best part for me. He could have killed his ex-partners but this was so much better as he now has instilled the fear of death in them for the rest of their lives and found a way to get the money to his family. Jessie is still a big whinny puss but I have no quarrels with him not killing Walt. Killing was never Jessie's thing, except for Todd. He saw the blood coming from Walt's shirt and knew his time was up. I doubt Walt saving his his life even crossed his mind in the decision.

Definitely up there as one of the best shows of all time. Only being 5 seasons helps it quite a bit. It never had a jumping the shark moment you get when a great show is past it's prime.

bdoughty
10-02-2013, 06:57 AM
SOA was pretty damn amazing tonight.

It brought back a memory from Braveheart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyx0K4WrElo

Plenty of blood spilled in such a short time.

JBHuskers
10-02-2013, 11:48 AM
SOA was pretty damn amazing tonight.

It brought back a memory from Braveheart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyx0K4WrElo

Plenty of blood spilled in such a short time.

It was amazing.

Surprised the Toric part ended so soon in this season. A lot of loose ends were tied up last night. Except for the Irish. Poor Phil RIP :fdown: I don't even know the name of the prospect that died :D but I'll miss that fat bastard Phil.

The key things going on are Clay still protecting the club, retaliation against the Irish, Tara planning on divorcing Jax, and what is the angle of Bobby starting another nomad group?

I wonder if Toric's death kills or escalates the school shooting with the KG9. Will the killing of the skinheads, making it look like it was an internal thing, burning the house down with the KG9's pin the school shooting on them instead?

GatorfanStovy
10-06-2013, 12:06 AM
Can't wait for Tue. Supernatural season 9 airs! Gonna be a fun season with the angel stuff well more angles falling to earth.

JBHuskers
10-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Awesome! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_7HkG6OSo3E

GatorfanStovy
10-16-2013, 12:07 AM
Supernatural been pretty good so far this season.

I haven't started Arrow since I am on the road and in Orlando this week. May start if I have time to watch it.

Nashville has also been good this season for a nice break of action shows.

I also need to catch of Shield missed the last couple of shows , how have they been guys ?

bdoughty
10-16-2013, 12:45 AM
SOA Tonight

Venus Van Dam is back bitches! Wonder if we will get a reunion with Tig. Walton Goggins is one of my favorite actors, such range. :D

JBHuskers
10-16-2013, 12:49 AM
SOA Tonight

Venus Van Dam is back bitches! Wonder if we will get a reunion with Tig. Walton Goggins is one of my favorite actors, such range. :D

There HAS to be a reunion with Tig. It wouldn't be right any other way.

Tonight was full of a lot.

Obviously the DA knows Toric did it and is accelerating the prosecuting process with Tara. Not sure how that will shake out, but I have a feeling Tara dies this season.

The last thing I expected with Bobby was recruiting for SAMCRO. The only theory I could have thought of was getting a nomad group together to go with Clay.

Speaking of Clay, it's amazing how you can go from hate to sympathetic for him. You could see his reaction when he found out the clubhouse was blown up by the Irish. He still cares about the club, and I think he's going to help them by being the inside man with the IRA.

Jax's speech at the table was AMAZING and gripping. That was really well done.

The shit with the crooked Eden cops was HILARIOUS. Typical comedy from Sutter. That was great.

This season keeps getting better and better, and VENUS VAN DAM RETURNS!!!!!

JBHuskers
10-16-2013, 12:51 AM
Also the beginning of Sons of Anarchy tonight....

That was pretty intense and sad with Jax and Chibs going through the blown up clubhouse.

bdoughty
10-16-2013, 01:03 AM
Also the beginning of Sons of Anarchy tonight....

That was pretty intense and sad with Jax and Chibs going through the blown up clubhouse.

Agreed but I just knew they would find the gavel.

Poor old Nemo looks like he is going to find himself in a deep hole from the preview for next week. Also some Tara/Gemma cat fighting. I think where Tara screwed the pooch is letting Wayne in on the details of the divorce and getting the kids out of Charming. She should have just said go away old man when he walked in. I think that might be what causes the catfight but there are plenty of things that could lead to that.

Nice to have Bobby back, love his sense of humor.

JBHuskers
10-16-2013, 01:11 AM
Agreed but I just knew they would find the gavel.

Poor old Nemo looks like he is going to find himself in a deep hole from the preview for next week. Also some Tara/Gemma cat fighting. I think where Tara screwed the pooch is letting Wayne in on the details of the divorce and getting the kids out of Charming. She should have just said go away old man when he walked in. I think that might be what causes the catfight but there are plenty of things that could lead to that.

Nice to have Bobby back, love his sense of humor.

Immediately thought that with Wayne. He and Gemma have a very close bond. No way he would choose Tara over Gemma.

The was awesome with Bobby, especially because he's not been on the past couple of episodes. Smart move, made the moment that much truer.

JBHuskers
10-16-2013, 01:13 AM
Immediately thought that with Wayne. He and Gemma have a very close bond. No way he would choose Tara over Gemma.

The was awesome with Bobby, especially because he's not been on the past couple of episodes. Smart move, made the moment that much truer.

Edit: Plus:

Wendy is going to fuck it up somehow anyways.

Lyla looked NICE in that dress tonight (watching the live replay now as I surf the net :D)

Oops thought I hit edit instead of quote. Well a post whore never regrets :nod:

bdoughty
10-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Lyla looked NICE in that dress tonight

Lyla is down with the OPP, poor OPIE.

JBHuskers
10-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Lyla is down with the OPP, poor OPIE.

http://www.geekdip.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/SOA-Opie-Death-Scene.gif

psuexv
10-18-2013, 09:57 AM
American Horror Story kicking ass in Season 3. Much needed after a dude of Season 2

JBHuskers
10-18-2013, 10:10 AM
American Horror Story kicking ass in Season 3. Much needed after a dude of Season 2

A dude? :D

I actually liked season two. It wasn't better than one, but I really liked it.

steelerfan
10-18-2013, 10:25 AM
I like Everyday Italian...and it has nothing to do with the awesome cleavage!! :p:p

Waaay late to the game, but just reading the old posts in this thread and decided to Google this broad. Motherfucker!!! I may have to keep an eye out for this show.

:up::popcorn::drool::whoa::clap::hump::fap:

psuexv
10-18-2013, 10:34 AM
A dude? :D

I actually liked season two. It wasn't better than one, but I really liked it.

LOL

psuexv
10-18-2013, 10:35 AM
Waaay late to the game, but just reading the old posts in this thread and decided to Google this broad. Motherfucker!!! I may have to keep an eye out for this show.

:up::popcorn::drool::whoa::clap::hump::fap:

Giada definitely likes to put them on display

bdoughty
10-18-2013, 06:03 PM

Season 2 a dud? Unholy Night was easily the best episode in the first two seasons. I still preferred the original but 2 was pretty close. Season 3 is okay so far but we are only a couple episodes in and it won't start getting good until we get some serious witches vs voodoo action. I just noticed Angela Bassett is 55 in real life, she can spread that voodoo all over my junk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78bj6ebUVqA

psuexv
10-18-2013, 08:27 PM
Just to much randomness and all over place in Season 2 for me. They never explained the creatures in the woods, never explained the doctor's Nazi connection, kinda threw some aliens in the end. The bloody face storyline was great but all the other crap made it suck

bdoughty
10-18-2013, 09:18 PM
Just to much randomness and all over place in Season 2 for me. They never explained the creatures in the woods, never explained the doctor's Nazi connection, kinda threw some aliens in the end. The bloody face storyline was great but all the other crap made it suck

Might give it another run through as everything but the aliens are explained in the story. Also the aliens were in the first episode.

If you do want an explanation for the aliens look below.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/02/american-horror-story-asylum-secrets/

While the presence of aliens in Asylum divided viewers, producers stand by their choice.

Murphy: For me, [aliens] were always an obvious metaphor for God. It fit very easily into the world of a Catholic sanitarium asylum.

Minear: The Betty and Barney Hill story of the fifties, sixties, was one of the first abduction stories. It was an interracial couple, we weren’t taking from that specifically, but it was in the water, in our experience, the stories that we all knew. When Ryan first pitched out that first story, he pitched it in that order, and he was like, ‘And then we meet him at his farm, and then he’s abducted by aliens.’ And my jaw was on the floor, but it felt exactly right to me for the period. If you think about it, those aliens are the closest things to angels, on our show about sort of religion versus science, there was nothing incongruous to me about any of that stuff.

Murphy: It was also about science versus faith so it made sense to me. The show is a show that pays tribute to a lot of horror masters. We take that seriously, so I always loved the alien idea of it, I loved what it was, I loved what it was about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_and_Barney_Hill_abduction

psuexv
10-18-2013, 10:15 PM
The creatures were never really explained. They showed briefly that he was experimenting but never really dove into it. I guess when they put it in their preseason clips I expected a lot more. Basically you could have cut them out and the show would have been exactly the same. Same goes for the doctor and his Nazi roots. Yes I understand they went into it and explained him being a Nazi but it added nothing to the story. That's where I'm going with "they didn't explain it"

Yes aliens were in the first episode and in the middle where they steal the body but it felt like they just threw them in at the end to try and wrap the story up. "Oh yeah, aliens were responsible". The aliens once again never added anything to the story. And no I didn't read the link yet to see if it explains anything. Personally if I have to read an explanation on why something is significant and can't grasp it from the show then they didn't do a good job IMO. And that's not me being dumb since a large majority needed further clarification.

bdoughty
10-19-2013, 02:02 AM
Plenty of stuff never gets explained in shows. I assume you watched the Sopranos ending? Sometimes they do it to make the viewer decide and sometimes they do it because they got trapped in their own writing. We are talking Hollywood and all that cocaine usage is bound to leave some plot holes. The ending of Breaking Bad is a rare thing where pretty much everything is tied up in a nice little bow for everyone.

JBHuskers
10-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Sons of Anarchy

Sons started off with some lighthearted moments of accepting the transfer of Bobby's three recruits and taking the prospect tag off of Rat. Kinda crazy with all the shit going down, they can still take a moment to relax.

Tara has definitely learned from the best. That was a very good plan to lock Gemma up. Obviously Tara was never pregnant, and finally all of the planning with the lawyers and Wendy all ties together to get Gemma to fuck up.

So is she still divorcing Jax? Was she never going to? Were the papers that Jax needed to sign the restraining order against Gemma to the kids and not the divorce papers? Those will definitely get answered next week.

Walter Goggins turned in another awesome performance as Venus Van Dam. What a touching moment with Tig after they put "her" son on the bus to Seattle. I can't believe Jax blew her brains out, but when you saw him starting to tear up, some shit was going to go down.

And poor Nero, having to try to sleep while one dude is nailing another dude. Well at least he's not taking it in the ass. I wonder how this whole thing will shake out. Will he turn on the Sons? Will he find out what Gemma is accused of doing? Roosevelt is the key here because he knows Nero didn't do it.

I thought when the Sons blew up the Nazi house, I thought they planted the KG9's to clean that up, but I guess not.

bdoughty
10-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Sons of Anarchy

Sons started off with some lighthearted moments of accepting the transfer of Bobby's three recruits and taking the prospect tag off of Rat. Kinda crazy with all the shit going down, they can still take a moment to relax.

Tara has definitely learned from the best. That was a very good plan to lock Gemma up. Obviously Tara was never pregnant, and finally all of the planning with the lawyers and Wendy all ties together to get Gemma to fuck up.

So is she still divorcing Jax? Was she never going to? Were the papers that Jax needed to sign the restraining order against Gemma to the kids and not the divorce papers? Those will definitely get answered next week.

Walter Goggins turned in another awesome performance as Venus Van Dam. What a touching moment with Tig after they put "her" son on the bus to Seattle. I can't believe Jax blew her brains out, but when you saw him starting to tear up, some shit was going to go down.

And poor Nero, having to try to sleep while one dude is nailing another dude. Well at least he's not taking it in the ass. I wonder how this whole thing will shake out. Will he turn on the Sons? Will he find out what Gemma is accused of doing? Roosevelt is the key here because he knows Nero didn't do it.

I thought when the Sons blew up the Nazi house, I thought they planted the KG9's to clean that up, but I guess not.

Tara is one cold ass bitch. Gemma is not going to let this stop her from seeing her grandchildren, it is time for a bit of payback. I am a bit bewildered by the current state of the divorce plans. I knew it was in place in case she went to prison but now with Gemma out of the way?

Oh Tig...

http://i.imgur.com/1hNKDhk.jpg

JBHuskers
10-28-2013, 10:39 AM
A theory on the series end of Sons of Anarchy:

Just had an interesting thought on the series end of Sons of Anarchy (whether it's next year or they go past the seven year mold). The whole thing was a dream by John Teller who then wakes up at the clubhouse and goes to the table where a younger Clay is sitting. The dream possibly gives John insight on how to stay alive.

bdoughty
10-30-2013, 03:23 AM
SOA

What did I say Tara, never tell Wayne anything. His replies were enough to convince Gemma she was right all along. Kudos to the special effects crew for the self induced knife into throat/gusher. When you don't see it coming and the way the guy did it, I felt a little squeamish.

Now the fun with Tara and Gemma begins. For me this battle is the best part of the show. It was always easy to pull for Tara but credit to writers, they have been making it harder to stay on her sideline.

Also...

Finished the first two season of Suits on Amazon Prime and they were terrific. Going to buy the 3rd season once it finishes. Tried to watch Covert Affairs but even before the first episode was over I knew this was not for me. Moved on to The Good Wife, a show that if it was not free on Amazon Prime I doubt I would have ever tried. Five episodes in and this is a keeper.

JBHuskers
10-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Ended up playing GTA Online last night so I didn't get to Sons. Hopefully tonight.

JBHuskers
10-31-2013, 11:01 AM
SOA

What did I say Tara, never tell Wayne anything. His replies were enough to convince Gemma she was right all along. Kudos to the special effects crew for the self induced knife into throat/gusher. When you don't see it coming and the way the guy did it, I felt a little squeamish.

Now the fun with Tara and Gemma begins. For me this battle is the best part of the show. It was always easy to pull for Tara but credit to writers, they have been making it harder to stay on her sideline.

Yeah, I was fully expecting to just slash his own throat, not stab :D

The dude getting ran over was nasty too.

Gonna be interesting how Nero adjusts to the outside after everything that has changed since he was in prison. I love it that the DA bitch didn't get what she wanted.

As for the old cop in Stockton, I totally didn't realize that was Peter Weller aka ROBOCOP!

Poor Unser, I think he's going to die this season, and not from cancer, but from being in the middle of this Tara/Gemma thing.

I find it really interesting that Happy and Juice had a civil talk with Connor. Makes me wonder if Connor may double cross Galen. The Kings seemed pretty suspicious of Galen when they found out that Connor was still alive. Galen obviously lied to the Kings and told them that SAMCRO killed Connor.

GatorfanStovy
11-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Chuck is now on Netflix!!!! Go watch it now guys!!! Was an awesome show as most of you know already. Best day of the week.

souljahbill
11-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Chuck is now on Netflix!!!! Go watch it now guys!!! Was an awesome show as most of you know already. Best day of the week.

Glad to know. Been wanting to check it out ever since I found out Miranda from Mass Effect was the star of the show. Miranda was my main Shepard's love interest.

GatorfanStovy
11-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Chuck was a fun show. I'll for sure watch it all over again.

bdoughty
11-06-2013, 06:04 AM
SOA

I think Tara deserves what is coming to her for that 70's hair-do she has been sporting all season. Homeless Trash Dumpster Lady, back again I see. The whole Brooke (the crazy young one) bit did not really hit for me, are we just doing this to show the Jax has a caring side? Nice to see Clay got to sink his teeth into this episode. Next week looks to be fun.

JBHuskers
11-11-2013, 11:52 AM
SOA

I think Tara deserves what is coming to her for that 70's hair-do she has been sporting all season. Homeless Trash Dumpster Lady, back again I see. The whole Brooke (the crazy young one) bit did not really hit for me, are we just doing this to show the Jax has a caring side? Nice to see Clay got to sink his teeth into this episode. Next week looks to be fun.

Finally got this in over the weekend:

Remember when Jax told Brooke's father that his wife looked familiar? Is the dumpster lady the mother? Did she fake her own death?

Clay doing the Pussy Preaching thing was HILARIOUS. I'm guessing that was all set up so he could get a burner to make a call with the Kings? Of course he had to pay the price later.

It's so funny on Sons that I switch my rooting interests from week to week. I thought what Tara did with the blood pack was an awesome move, but now I'm more on team Gemma. I wonder if Jax will kill Tara at the end of the season.

Interesting to see Oswald back in the fold. Obviously he's going to need Jax for his mayorial run. I wonder if that plays out this season or next. It was cool to see he is going to help out his worker and daughter.

morsdraconis
11-18-2013, 09:00 PM
You people may be too old for "cartoons" but if you haven't watched Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra, are remotely interested in martial arts, and not some fool that thinks Nickelodeon shows are only for kids, you're missing out on two of the best animated TV shows to EVER be shown. The writing is phenomenal. The animation is spectacular. The choreography of the fight sequences is on par with some of the greatest martial arts movies ever and, BY FAR, the best ever seen in animation. It's heartwarming, it'll make you cry, and it'll bring joy to your cold dead hearts. So, give it a try. Watch a few episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender (and not the raping of a magical series that was that horrible live action movie) and be merry.

SmoothPancakes
11-19-2013, 05:17 AM
You people may be too old for "cartoons" but if you haven't watched Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra, are remotely interested in martial arts, and not some fool that thinks Nickelodeon shows are only for kids, you're missing out on two of the best animated TV shows to EVER be shown. The writing is phenomenal. The animation is spectacular. The choreography of the fight sequences is on par with some of the greatest martial arts movies ever and, BY FAR, the best ever seen in animation. It's heartwarming, it'll make you cry, and it'll bring joy to your cold dead hearts. So, give it a try. Watch a few episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender (and not the raping of a magical series that was that horrible live action movie) and be merry.

Hey now, that took years of work to accomplish! ;)

steelerfan
11-19-2013, 08:01 AM
You people may be too old for "cartoons" but if you haven't watched Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra, are remotely interested in martial arts, and not some fool that thinks Nickelodeon shows are only for kids, you're missing out on two of the best animated TV shows to EVER be shown. The writing is phenomenal. The animation is spectacular. The choreography of the fight sequences is on par with some of the greatest martial arts movies ever and, BY FAR, the best ever seen in animation. It's heartwarming, it'll make you cry, and it'll bring joy to your cold dead hearts. So, give it a try. Watch a few episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender (and not the raping of a magical series that was that horrible live action movie) and be ***.

Fixed.

JBHuskers
11-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Sarah Silverman on Kimmel for the first time since the break-up (maybe first time ever?) and wow were her puppies showing off (on purpose I assume :D)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRviNNyBR_A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5XPqmlCbqw

skipwondah33
11-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Yeah they were lol

Always thought she was annoying

morsdraconis
11-19-2013, 04:22 PM
Fixed.

Cold and dead. :smh:

morsdraconis
11-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Yeah they were lol

Always thought she was annoying

No way she's annoying. She's fuckin' smokin' hot and hilarious.

JBHuskers
11-19-2013, 05:08 PM
I'd drink her bathwater. :nod:

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

souljahbill
11-19-2013, 05:18 PM
I'd hit it

JBHuskers
11-19-2013, 05:31 PM
I'd hit it

Over and over again....

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss240/Helouchi/Hot%20Women%20Ranking/2ac32f79.jpg

steelerfan
11-19-2013, 06:11 PM
Some time ago I saw stills of a fully nude shower scene she did in some movie. Her alleged hotness was not helped by those pics.

steelerfan
11-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Cold and dead. :smh:

Yeah, I suppose. Couldn't resist the ease of simply changing the word "merry" to "***" though. :easy:

JBHuskers
11-20-2013, 01:06 AM
Cold and dead is right up :sf: 's old profession :nod:

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

JBHuskers
11-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson star in True Detective on HBO. Looks amazing and I bet a lot of weed is flying around.

JBHuskers
12-10-2013, 11:34 PM
Sons of Anarchy. MY GOD

Coach Kernzy
12-11-2013, 10:46 AM
How amazing is that show? MY GOD is right :)

JBHuskers
12-11-2013, 10:53 AM
How amazing is that show? MY GOD is right :)

I said all along that either Tara or one of the kids would get killed, but JESUS, I didn't think it would go down like that with Gemma. And then Juice kills Roosevelt and helps cover shit up. Holy shit are the secrets mounting.

Coach Kernzy
12-11-2013, 11:54 AM
It was brutal and awesome at the same time. Unfortunately this just sets up for the show to keep going status quo for the most part the next couple season. War among all the factions and the whole Jax, Juice, Gemma triangle might get interesting. Overall a great show with excellent writing but I fear like most shows they may have missed their perfect window to end the show on high note. But again like most shows they will run it out another year or two and dilute it into mediocrity like Dexter most recently and many others before that.

JBHuskers
12-11-2013, 02:23 PM
It was brutal and awesome at the same time. Unfortunately this just sets up for the show to keep going status quo for the most part the next couple season. War among all the factions and the whole Jax, Juice, Gemma triangle might get interesting. Overall a great show with excellent writing but I fear like most shows they may have missed their perfect window to end the show on high note. But again like most shows they will run it out another year or two and dilute it into mediocrity like Dexter most recently and many others before that.

I think a lot can be done next year, and next season, the 7th, will be the last. Kurt Sutter already stated as such. It's going to be interesting how black/white vs. brown/yellow is going to play out.

Coach Kernzy
12-11-2013, 03:30 PM
I think a lot can be done next year, and next season, the 7th, will be the last. Kurt Sutter already stated as such. It's going to be interesting how black/white vs. brown/yellow is going to play out.
Yeah I know there are only two seasons left. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out, I just hope Sutter and his crew can keep up the high quality through the last two seasons.

JBHuskers
12-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Yeah I know there are only two seasons left. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out, I just hope Sutter and his crew can keep up the high quality through the last two seasons.

Only one left.

Coach Kernzy
12-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Only one left.
Ah, well they'll have a lot to wrap up then in that final season.

JBHuskers
12-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Rumor has it that after Sons of Anarchy ends it's 7-year run next season, Kurt Sutter will start a whole new Sons of Anarchy, but set in the 60's with the Original Nine of SAMCRO. That would be awesome.

http://cdn3-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/2012/02/file_182789_0_Sons_of_Anarchy_First_9.jpg

JBHuskers
12-15-2013, 03:03 AM
Counting Cars and American Restoration are back in January :up:

bdoughty
01-09-2014, 06:29 PM
Justified Season 5 premier! Not a bad start to the season.

Having Dave Foley and Will Sasso as the Canadian Mob bosses: Hilarious
The Tim Horton discussion, Wendy's Tramp Stamp, The what happened to your ear bit: Glorious
The moment Dewey is awarded $300,000: Priceless.

http://i.imgur.com/JC5OyG7.gif

gschwendt
01-09-2014, 07:37 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdlOqWZCUAAUJxS.png:large

GatorfanStovy
01-09-2014, 10:30 PM
A short end to Nikita barely lasted four season :( was a descent show. Sucks it ended 6 episodes in oh well.

jaymo76
01-12-2014, 10:05 PM
Next season of "Game of Thrones" launches on April 6th. Can't wait!

JBHuskers
01-13-2014, 11:23 AM
Gonna try to watch True Detective tonight. Has anyone seen it yet?

fonzilla
01-13-2014, 04:33 PM
Gonna try to watch True Detective tonight. Has anyone seen it yet?

You won't be disappointed...

cdj
01-14-2014, 07:49 AM
With The Shield getting good reviews you knew more would follow

Fox picks up origin series about Batman's home (http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/24/fox-gotham-batman-dc-comics/)

Saw an article yesterday saying that Gotham will cover more of Bruce's evolution into Batman than first expected.

We received the first season of Arrow as a gift for Xmas and I have to say that (at least 10 episodes in) IMO it is a better show than SHIELD, though their last episode was the best of the year.

Arrow feels like a show they built from the ground up in at attempt to be good where SHIELD was built trying to capitalize on the popularity of Marvel & The Avengers. Many of the actors on Arrow are probably the same age as SHIELD, but they act more mature on Arrow. They have too many act like dopey kids on SHIELD. (It doesn't hurt that the women are better looking on Arrow as well.)

bdoughty
01-19-2014, 07:08 AM
DVR Alert with the playoff game going late into the night.

Sherlock Season 3 US Premier on PBS tonight.

http://i.imgur.com/0Lgn7tI.jpg

bdoughty
01-20-2014, 07:56 AM
Sherlock spoiiler

So after waiting for 3 1/2 years to find out what happened...

Those crazy Brits pull a Sopranos on our ass and say to imagine it for yourself. I knew the first two "theories" we B.S. early on but that last one had me until the end. Now I don;t want to know as they tried to pull the rug on me three times in just under an hour. Great Episode outside of being manipulated like a puppet. Sadly only two more episodes left this season. Both Luther and Sherlock deserve at least 5-10 episodes a season. I know it might nick the quality a bit but these seasons feel over before they began.

JBHuskers
02-18-2014, 11:17 AM
I don't normally watch late night talk shows, but decided to catch Fallon's first Tonight Show appearance. It was a great show. Here are a couple hilarious skits from it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN4kHmhz90U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTpn30Pms8I

JBHuskers
02-20-2014, 12:15 PM
:D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YCeIgt7hMs

psuexv
02-21-2014, 12:16 PM
Wow, that takes some patience to put that together

SmoothPancakes
03-02-2014, 05:04 PM
After having it sitting on My List on Netflix for a year or so, I am about halfway through the first episode of season 1 of House of Cards. I'm liking it so far! Some funny as hell moments and entertaining. I'm already looking forward to seeing where the first season goes, and I'm not even done with the first episode.

I also really need to get The Newsroom fired up. I got season one of The Newsroom on blu-ray for Christmas, so I need to pop it in sometime and start watching.

psuexv
03-02-2014, 11:49 PM
After having it sitting on My List on Netflix for a year or so, I am about halfway through the first episode of season 1 of House of Cards. I'm liking it so far! Some funny as hell moments and entertaining. I'm already looking forward to seeing where the first season goes, and I'm not even done with the first episode.

I also really need to get The Newsroom fired up. I got season one of The Newsroom on blu-ray for Christmas, so I need to pop it in sometime and start watching.

You're not going to be disappointed with House of Cards. Only gets way better.

SmoothPancakes
03-03-2014, 01:53 AM
You're not going to be disappointed with House of Cards. Only gets way better.

I can tell! After spending some time with a friend in COD Ghosts, I jumped back over to Netflix and have continued watching season 1. Currently half way through episode 4 of season 1, and damn this show is addictive. I don't want to stop watching because I want to see what happens next. :D

morsdraconis
03-03-2014, 06:19 AM
I can tell! After spending some time with a friend in COD Ghosts, I jumped back over to Netflix and have continued watching season 1. Currently half way through episode 4 of season 1, and damn this show is addictive. I don't want to stop watching because I want to see what happens next. :D

Just wait until Season 2. Holy hell. The temptation is strong to run through the entire thing as quickly as possible but do yourself a favor and savor it.

psuexv
03-03-2014, 08:07 AM
Just wait until Season 2. Holy hell. The temptation is strong to run through the entire thing as quickly as possible but do yourself a favor and savor it.

I've held off starting season 2 so I don't run through it too quick. I love that they put all the episodes out at once but then it also makes it a long time until it comes back.

SmoothPancakes
03-03-2014, 02:55 PM

I've held off starting season 2 so I don't run through it too quick. I love that they put all the episodes out at once but then it also makes it a long time until it comes back.

Yeah, I can already tell. I sat up last night continuing to watch season 1, got all the way through episode 7 (I started watching episode 1 around 5pm last night) before I finally said "ok, I need to stop, I've got to get some sleep". Damn that is a tough show to stop watching. :D

After looking it up last night, since season 3 won't be appearing until sometime, expected, around February 2015, yeah, I'm gonna have to slow down a bit, maybe just watch one episode at a time and then take a bit of a break before starting season 2. I also don't want to run through it so fast that I'm done with both seasons by the end of the week and then have to wait 11 months for the next season to come around.

SmoothPancakes
03-05-2014, 08:47 AM
Alright, so while I take a break from House of Cards (on the advice to not marathon through it even though it's really goddamn hard to), I've finally gotten around to watching season 1 of The Newsroom after getting on blu-ray for Christmas.

Just finished episode 5, damn this is another good show. After the great opening to the first episode, it was a bit slow and I sort of had no clue what the hell was going on, until they got to the BP oil spill part, then it really picked up and it really started catching my full interest. I've really enjoyed it so far, and I'm looking forward to the final 5 episodes and then season 2.

After looking at something online, I'm saddened to see there will only be three seasons, with it being reported back on January 13th that HBO was "renewing it for a third and final season." No clue if Aaron Sorkin never intended to go very long with it (depending on which person you ask, West Wing was carried on longer instead of letting it end when it should have) or maybe Jeff Daniels has other things he wants to do beyond this show. No clue, but as much as I've enjoyed the first 5 episodes of the first season, it's definitely a shame it will only make it three seasons.

psuexv
03-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Anybody watching True Detective? Awesome show and I can't wait for the finale this weekend!

morsdraconis
03-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Anybody watching True Detective? Awesome show and I can't wait for the finale this weekend!

It's the best show on TV. It's spectacular in every since way. House of Cards was amazing, but True Detective is a masterpiece.

souljahbill
03-05-2014, 06:59 PM

I watch it but mostly due to the "hype" of it. For some reason, I can't really get into it. It's well acted but the story bounces around too much for me and the show itself is just so slow. The highlight of the season for me definitely has been the rack of the chick who plays Athena's daughter in the Percy Jackson movies. I noticed they were big the first time I watched The Lightning Thief and they definitely didn't disappoint.

psuexv
03-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Yeah Mors it's definitely the best right now. The acting is unbelievably good.

Bill I do agree that it's slow but I do still really enjoy it. It's different with the way they approached it and it's a nice change of pace for me

JBHuskers
03-06-2014, 01:03 AM

I'm going to binge watch the 8 episodes.

Like American Horror Story, next season will be different story, different characters.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

psuexv
03-06-2014, 07:54 AM
I'm going to binge watch the 8 episodes.

Like American Horror Story, next season will be different story, different characters.

yeah but hopefully they do a heck of a better job than AHS :)

cdj
03-06-2014, 11:15 AM

I've watched the first episode and will try to catch up at some point soon. I liked the premiere and thought the acting was good, but I am worried that IMO it won't live up to all the 'hype' I keep reading/hearing about it.

JBHuskers
03-06-2014, 12:33 PM
yeah but hopefully they do a heck of a better job than AHS :)

Was Coven not that good?

psuexv
03-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Was Coven not that good?

http://www.writingwinters.com/wp-content/uploads/ani-sheldon-thumbs_down.gif

JBHuskers
03-06-2014, 01:34 PM
http://www.writingwinters.com/wp-content/uploads/ani-sheldon-thumbs_down.gif

Guess it was a good thing I bailed after one episode. Wasn't cuz I didn't like it, but just didn't have the time.

gschwendt
03-27-2014, 02:18 PM
A preview of next week's Community

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o2N8wLKC7bw

jaymo76
03-27-2014, 09:41 PM
Finally got around to watching season two of Falling Skies (and will finish the last two episodes tonight). What a great season thus far! I find this show has a really enjoyable premise. Its too bad they don't make more than 10 episodes a season.

Marlowe
03-28-2014, 11:36 AM
I enjoy the short seasons. It cuts out the clutter.

JBHuskers
03-28-2014, 12:49 PM
Finally got around to watching season two of Falling Skies (and will finish the last two episodes tonight). What a great season thus far! I find this show has a really enjoyable premise. Its too bad they don't make more than 10 episodes a season.

I need to finish season three. I'm about halfway there. I gave up on the DVR as it was really getting bogged down at the time.

Marlowe
04-01-2014, 12:58 AM
some new shows coming up this month:

http://youtu.be/6jFU0r0xG_c

http://youtu.be/Phc6SaxiJ9M

http://youtu.be/m-q_lPaaWqU

http://youtu.be/G_qL4MBt_uU

gschwendt
04-04-2014, 09:46 AM

Canes Fan
04-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Anyone watching the new show Turn on AMC?

SmoothPancakes
04-06-2014, 09:08 PM
I had the DVR record it. I've been looking forward to it, hopefully it is as good as the previews made it look.

Sent from my DROID Maxx because I'm a lazy ass.

JBHuskers
04-09-2014, 02:27 PM
The ultimate TV marathon is coming to FXX in August. They are going to show all 552 episodes of The Simpsons.

GatorfanStovy
04-16-2014, 11:10 AM
Arrow is gonna be epic tonight. Don't for get to watch.

bdoughty
05-03-2014, 03:16 AM
Vikings Season 2 kicking some major ass, what a finale to the season.

http://i.imgur.com/rUs7sfO.png

cdj
05-06-2014, 07:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d1zpt6k5OI&feature=youtu.be

GatorfanStovy
05-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Gotham has some potential I can' wait to see how it goes. Hopefully Fox can make it last past season 2. It'd be great if it could last just as long as Smallville did.

JBHuskers
05-06-2014, 04:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d1zpt6k5OI&feature=youtu.be

Being a HUGE Batman fan, I really hope this doesn't suck.

psuexv
05-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Being a HUGE Batman fan, I really hope this doesn't suck.

This

JBHuskers
05-09-2014, 01:19 PM

That's why I hardly give any network shows a chance. Last time I did it was Vegas and CBS only gave that great show ONE f'n year.

cdj
05-09-2014, 01:26 PM

Though, I have to think there's something for this rumor/news to start.

JBHuskers
05-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Is it like Terra Nova? Just took much $ to produce?

cdj
05-09-2014, 01:36 PM
Is it like Terra Nova? Just took much $ to produce?

Maybe. There's some special effects, but I would guess main expense are travel costs. IIRC, NBCU owns Sy-fy as well and they axed a flagship program there (Eureka) due to costs, so they could be at play here.

Uh oh, G:

It seemed like Community had been given a stay of execution for a while, so this was inevitable.

JBHuskers
05-09-2014, 01:44 PM
Someone talk G off the ledge....

gschwendt
05-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Someone talk G off the ledge....
Nah... it's been expected. Plus, Season 4 where they let Dan Harmon (show creator) go just kind of threw everything off-kilter. I would have preferred they have a true final season but at this point, it's probably better to just let it go. Maybe Netflix or someone else will pick it up and give it a good send-off.

bdoughty
05-09-2014, 08:25 PM
CBS announces more CSI and NCIS Spinoffs. CSI: Cyber and NCIS: New Orleans. :fp: (http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/05/09/cbs-picks-up-seven-series-ncis-new-orleans-the-odd-couple/8911133/)

I liked the early CSI's but when Peterson left and they started churning out spin-offs I just stopped. Never could get into the NCIS series, though I know it is popular. The worst spin-off decision was Criminal Minds when they tried one with Janeane Garofalo. I would rather cut my testicles off than watch Janeane Garofalo.

I will stick to British TV for quality crime shows.

jaymo76
05-11-2014, 12:51 PM
I saw a list of about 30 new shows for next year. The only things that sounded remotely interesting were "Gotham" a prequel young Bruce Wayne type show and "Marvel's Agent Carter" which takes place during WWII in the original Captain America movie. Other than that it all looks like complete crap IMO.

bdoughty
05-12-2014, 07:30 AM
Just started watching Orphan Black on Amazon Prime and I normally avoid anything that hints of Sci-Fi but this show is fantastic. Tatiana Maslany. :hump:

cdj
05-12-2014, 03:09 PM
CBS announces more CSI and NCIS Spinoffs. CSI: Cyber and NCIS: New Orleans. :fp: (http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/05/09/cbs-picks-up-seven-series-ncis-new-orleans-the-odd-couple/8911133/)

There was supposed to be NCIS: Red but that got scrapped. I catch NCIS re-runs on USA - the original isn't bad, but the LA edition is weak. I caught the spin-off episodes for NO....not terrible, but not good either.

Just started watching Orphan Black on Amazon Prime and I normally avoid anything that hints of Sci-Fi but this show is fantastic. Tatiana Maslany. :hump:

I've heard that show is good but haven't watched a second of it. I'm not a huge sci-fi fan, but might have to check it out.

cdj
05-16-2014, 08:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0l7iGKh8g

bdoughty
05-18-2014, 05:11 PM
http://bloody-disgusting.com/interviews/3294226/tv-new-details-friday-13th-tv-series-exclusive/

New info on the Friday the 13th TV series. Sounds better than I was expecting.

JBHuskers
05-19-2014, 02:33 PM
FX cancelled Legit. That sucks. Loved that show.

skipwondah33
05-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Just found out CBS cancelled Men at Work

Really enjoyed that show as it was one of my top shows that I watch. I don't many shows on TV. The ones I do/did are either cancelled or ended. Burn Notice, Las Vegas..now Men at Work.

Now only three shows I can think of that I will watch is Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire (about to end I know) and Franklin and Bash

I am looking forward to the Last Ship but who the hell knows if that will last.

Going to stop giving shows a chance so I won't get drawn in

JBHuskers
05-21-2014, 01:21 PM
Do you mean TBS?

I watched the first season of Men At Work. I liked it.

skipwondah33
05-21-2014, 01:31 PM
Shit I mean't TBS haha

Yeah man loved that show. Guy in Franklin and Bash was the producer for it.

The cast they had was perfect

JBHuskers
05-21-2014, 02:10 PM
Shit I mean't TBS haha

Yeah man loved that show. Guy in Franklin and Bash was the producer for it.

The cast they had was perfect

Yep, I dug it, just never got around to watching seasons two and three.

steelerfan
05-27-2014, 12:05 AM
I'm watching the first of a three-part series on The History Channel (who knew they still had history on that channel!?) called "The World Wars".

It will tell the stories of the first and second World Wars with emphasis on the roles of men who were part of both wars and big parts of the second (ie Hitler, Churchill, Patton etc.). It is part documentary (narration and interviews with historians, politicians, high-ranking servicemen etc.), part historical footage and part re-enactment.

Very good so far. I'm not sure how complete a story they can tell in 3 2-hour episodes but it is better, so far, than the shit I've watched from the 70s and 80s that is full of lies and misleading information because we were scared of the Soviets and didn't want to upset them by telling the truth.

I'd recommend it, thus far.

cdj
05-27-2014, 07:29 AM
I'm DVRing the series, so I'm glad you give it good marks so far. Shows covering history on History are few and far between, which is a shame.

SmoothPancakes
05-27-2014, 08:57 AM
Military Channel has gone to crap too. Always a bunch of non-military shows on. Same with Science Channel. Half the week, it's nothing but fucking Survivorman on day and night on Science Channel.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

bdoughty
06-13-2014, 12:56 AM
How the heck are we all not talking about Fargo? Just when I thought they could not top themselves they do it again. Billy Bob Thorton was born to play the role of Loren Malvo.

90 minute finale next week! :popcorn:

P.S. If you have not watched the show, at the very least read the two quotes in the spoiler below. Just to get a glimpse at one of the best characters on TV.

Malvo is pulled over by a cop (Hanks Jr) and happens to be in a car that is not his and was recently seen at a site of a murder.

http://i.imgur.com/5sFNrAo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xi221Kl.jpg

JBHuskers
06-13-2014, 01:34 PM
How the heck are we all not talking about Fargo? Just when I thought they could not top themselves they do it again. Billy Bob Thorton was born to play the role of Loren Malvo.

90 minute finale next week! :popcorn:

P.S. If you have not watched the show, at the very least read the two quotes in the spoiler below. Just to get a glimpse at one of the best characters on TV.

Malvo is pulled over by a cop (Hanks Jr) and happens to be in a car that is not his and was recently seen at a site of a murder.

http://i.imgur.com/5sFNrAo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xi221Kl.jpg

I plan on just binge watching it. From the sounds of it, this is just a one-season type of deal isn't it?

SmoothPancakes
06-13-2014, 01:43 PM
I've been watching it each week. I've been enjoying it. It's actually turned out pretty good.

As for length, yeah. It's a one season 10 episode limited series. I still have yet to watch this week's episode, but it and the finale should be damn great.

bdoughty
06-13-2014, 05:38 PM
Actually they are in the works on a second season. (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/10891383/Fargo-writer-season-two-will-have-different-cast.html) Could be a brand new cast though. One of the writers comments was a bit foreboding.

When asked what the fans should expect from this season's final episode, Hawley had just one word: "bloody."

JBHuskers
06-13-2014, 07:03 PM
Probably like True Detective.

JBHuskers
06-16-2014, 02:39 PM
Finally getting on the ball to finishing Falling Skies and Defiance before their premieres this week. Only 3 episodes left in Falling Skies, and I think 8 in Defiance, so there will be one episode of Defiance sitting in the DVR before I'm caught up though.

And in other news... :D :D :D

bdoughty
06-18-2014, 08:17 AM
Just finished Orange is the New Black Season 2 and Fargo last night. Both series are top notch but the ending of both were extreme letdowns. I did find the Second season of OITNB and improvement over the first season and I loved the first.

Fargo: Really? You let Colin Hanks take out one of the most evil characters in years? Yesh. :fp: Also the lack of a wood-chipper was a downer.

Orange is the New Black: You have all that buildup between Red and Vee and they end it with something just out of left field. We get it, Vee was a very rude person and you thought it would be cute to end it with the running gag. Cue Don't Fear the Reaper for the Cancer patient. It's like they really wanted to use the song and a goodbye for Rosa. So what the heck, let's tailor a completely shit ending for it.

Up Next: True Detective and finishing up Orphan Black with the finale this week.

JBHuskers
06-18-2014, 09:26 AM
I started watching season two before season one on Orange Is The New Black :D my girlfriend and her roommate started watching the first few episodes the other night. I like it.

bdoughty
06-22-2014, 07:03 AM
Just finished off two more seasons. Orphan Black Season 2 (Great) True Detective (Good)

Orphan Black Season 2 lived up to the billing even though they really danced around some of the storyline toward the end. Still some of the best acting by Tatiana. A few scenes where she just wowed me having to play multiple clones in unique situations). Finally I get some wow factor in a season finale with two surprises to keep me looking forward to season 3.

True Detective. I think Woody Harrelson did an amazing job in his role. Someone in the makeup department deserves and Emmy for the 1995 version of Martin. Matthew McConaughey kind of left me annoyed with his character. Not the acting itself, that was fine. More like the annoying self-righteous douchebaggery spewed for the majority of the show. Every time Martin would flip off or ask Rust to shut the fuck up, I was right there with him. Not because of his take on religion, his take on everything. Although the last two episodes and especially the very end I found myself not completely wanting to push his character off a bridge, onto a bed of cactus. While I found the end of the final episode somewhat enjoyable, the crime aspect of the show ended very weak. Everything just felt anti-climactic, a cliche of cop drama. Been there done that a thousand times. I am sure the artsy-farts in the crowd would say it was really all about the two detectives, relationships and ramble on to the point where they sound like a stoned 1995 version of Rust. Why the heck even have a single case if you just going to half-ass it in the end? Good show, no more, no less. Now go kill yourself if you disagree (Those who watched the show will understand).

Time to see if I can stand watching vampires and crank up True Blood. If not I think it is time to catch up on my movie backlog on Netflix. Thar be hundreds of shitty indie horror movies that need a watching.

JBHuskers
06-23-2014, 09:14 AM
I am all caught up on Falling Skies, minus last night's season debut.

I thought there would be some major deaths at the end of season three. Namely Dan or one of the boys.

skipwondah33
06-23-2014, 10:38 AM
Watched the Last Ship lastnight.

Been waiting for it, was on vacation last week so thought missed it but turns out last night was the premiere.

Looks like I can get into it, but may be careful all my shows get canned

JBHuskers
06-23-2014, 10:56 AM
Ah, forgot that was debuting last night.

SmoothPancakes
06-23-2014, 11:14 AM
Ah, forgot that was debuting last night.

Same here. But I'm also hesitant about starting new shows. All the shows I actually take an interest in seem to end up canceled after one season or even before the first season is up.

JBHuskers
06-23-2014, 11:21 AM
Same here. But I'm also hesitant about starting new shows. All the shoes I actually take an interest in seem to end up canceled after one season or even before the first season is up.

Yep. Vegas and Legit for me recently.

skipwondah33
06-23-2014, 12:39 PM
Same here. But I'm also hesitant about starting new shows. All the shows I actually take an interest in seem to end up canceled after one season or even before the first season is up.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy asshaha yep same thing I said

The main girl is pretty hot. I remember her from Hollow Man

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fansshare.com%2Fpho tos%2Frhonamitra%2Frhona-mitra-1007967685.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fansshare.com%2Fgallery %2Fphotos%2F10873864%2Frhona-mitra%2F&h=1613&w=1024&tbnid=ptXgrhV4fbwvvM%3A&zoom=1&docid=6vDGhPZUb0G0YM&ei=22WoU7j9CsyjyASP6YHAAw&tbm=isch&ved=0CBsQMygAMAA&iact=rc&uact=3&page=1&start=0&ndsp=4

JBHuskers
06-23-2014, 02:32 PM
If you're a fan of Pawn Stars, there will soon be a game show with the guys where contestants can win some of the shop's items called Pawnography

http://thecomicscomic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/pawnography-christophertitus-history-585x390.jpg

AMC's most-talked about shows get talk shows about them.

History Channel's Pawn Stars is letting its viewers compete with its pawn-shop stars in trivia games for their prized possessions.

And it's tapped comedian Christopher Titus to host the half-hour game show, Pawnography, which will air its first 10-episode installment, starting at 10 p.m. July 10, Thursdays after episodes of Pawn Stars.

They taped the first season of Pawnography this May in Las Vegas -- soliciting fans 30 and older -- to compete with Rick Harrison, Corey Harrison and Austin "Chumlee" Russell, answering trivia questions for cash and prizes culled from the World Famous Gold & Silver Pawnshop.

"We are thrilled to work with Leftfield Pictures on this exciting and challenging new game show that combines the two elements that make Pawn Stars an absolute fan favorite - history and the fun, family-dynamic between the Harrison's and Chumlee," said Elaine Frontain Bryant, History’s senior VP of programming and development. "This show gives viewers the chance to go head-to-head with the man who knows a little bit about everything, Rick Harrison, and take home treasurable items from the World Famous Gold & Silver Pawnshop."

Harrison spoke about the game show spin-off back in May with the Wall Street Journal.

texacotea
06-23-2014, 04:34 PM
We are starting breaking bad over again

JBHuskers
06-23-2014, 11:37 PM
Just watched the season premiere of Falling Skies. Holy hell this is shaping up to be one hell of a season.

I like how the entire direction of the show has changed. Sorta like The Walking Dead with everyone split up, there are so many different things going on. Good to see Cochise hasn't turned his back on the humans. Lexi is sure....interesting. From the season preview it looks like Ben and Maggie hook up :o It's going to be interesting to see how Matt leads this insurrection against the brainwashers. Tom is acting kinda Batman-like with his motocrossing :D This season is going to be fun.

JBHuskers
06-24-2014, 12:15 AM
Watched the series premiere of The Last Ship. Pretty damn good. Curious to see if they can maintain.

I read that this was the worst season debut for Falling Skies. Hopefully people pick back up. It was a great start to the season.

skipwondah33
06-24-2014, 08:54 AM
Watched the series premiere of The Last Ship. Pretty damn good. Curious to see if they can maintain.I was thinking the same JB.

Initially I was like damn this season/series will be short, hell they already found a way to create the cure haha. How in the world are they suppose to drag it out now I thought.

Then I seen the scenes from the upcoming episodes, it's definitely going to get interesting it looks like.

JBHuskers
06-24-2014, 08:59 AM
I was thinking the same JB.

Initially I was like damn this season/series will be short, hell they already found a way to create the cure haha. How in the world are they suppose to drag it out now I thought.

Then I seen the scenes from the upcoming episodes, it's definitely going to get interesting it looks like.

Didn't take long to find a turncoat.

skipwondah33
06-24-2014, 09:18 AM
Didn't take long to find a turncoat.I thought that virologist was acting awful weird in a few of the scenes. Kept waiting for him to destroy the work somehow

JBHuskers
06-30-2014, 06:25 PM
Community resurrected for 6th season on Yahoo according to Variety.

gschwendt
06-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Dan Harmon, who created “Community,” will exec produce the new episodes.

“I am very pleased that ‘Community’ will be returning for its predestined sixth season on Yahoo,” Harmon said in a statement. “I look forward to bringing our beloved NBC sitcom to a larger audience by moving it online. I vow to dominate our new competition. Rest easy, ‘Big Bang Theory.’ Look out, Bang Bus!”

:D

steelerfan
06-30-2014, 09:30 PM
:D :D :D

JBHuskers
06-30-2014, 11:39 PM
If you call out Bang Bus, you mean business.

steelerfan
06-30-2014, 11:48 PM
If you call out Bang Bus, you mean business.

If I type Bang Bus, I mean business. :nod:

JBHuskers
07-01-2014, 12:04 PM
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/07/01/tnt-sweeps-second-quarter-as-the-last-ship-premiere-climbs-to-7-2-million-viewers-in-live-3/278687/?utm_campaign=WP%20>%20Twitter&utm_medium=twitter& utm_source=twitter

Good news for the back to back Sunday dramas of The Last Ship and Falling Skies. Increased viewership this week. People must have just forgotten the Falling Skies was back as it was it's worst season debut, but jumped up pretty good in week two. I'm digging it so far.

(damn hyperlinks are not working for me :bang:)

JBHuskers
07-01-2014, 12:58 PM
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/07/01/tnt-sweeps-second-quarter-as-the-last-ship-premiere-climbs-to-7-2-million-viewers-in-live-3/278687/?utm_campaign=WP%20>%20Twitter&utm_medium=twitter& utm_source=twitter

Marlowe
07-01-2014, 07:29 PM
I am all caught up on Falling Skies, minus last night's season debut.

Lol didn't know this was back on!!!

JBHuskers
07-01-2014, 11:28 PM
Lol didn't know this was back on!!!

I think that is why their season debut was the worst, but they rebounded this week :D

psuexv
07-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Anyone watch the premiere of The Leftovers on HBO? I think it's going to be a very interesting show

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Not yet, I always wait to see if a new show gets renewed for a 2nd season before I start watching it.
Reviews seem mixed on it but it does sound interesting. Being that it's HBO and Lindeloff I'm sure it'll make it into the queue for a 2nd season.

Pretty much just Falling Skies and struggling to power through the final season of True Blood although it's so bad and really hard to watch but I've invested however much time into it already, can't stop now LOL

skipwondah33
07-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Enjoyed the 2nd episode of Last Ship

Man I wouldn't trust anyone during this time of crisis. I knew that ship seemed awful strange showing up especially with the one viruologist that is a spy.

Think this show is going to be good

GatorfanStovy
07-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Any of you watching girl meets world with the family? The pilot was alright. Second show got much more like boy meets world.

jaymo76
07-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Enjoyed the 2nd episode of Last Ship

Man I wouldn't trust anyone during this time of crisis. I knew that ship seemed awful strange showing up especially with the one viruologist that is a spy.

Think this show is going to be good

I watched all three episodes last night. This show caught me completely off guard as I only came upon it because of an ad when I was flipping through the channels. I'm enjoying it but I think it's here for a good time, not a long time as these sci-fi shows have a short shelf-life.

As to episode three
I thought it was really well done. Those Russians mean business. However in the last few minutes when the Russian captain knew the ship was gone... I think there is one more spy on the Nathan James. Looking forward to episode 4.

jaymo76
07-14-2014, 02:48 AM
Watched The Strain tonight. Overall I really enjoyed it. I'm going to pick up the books in the next few weeks.

Marlowe
07-15-2014, 08:57 AM
Still trying to decide if the strain is worth the time investment. I don't really care for vampires so it's a tough sell. Granted there isn't anything on right now I care to watch. It was interesting watching a GoT cast member make an appearance. Wonder if that means....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
07-15-2014, 11:45 AM
I'm going to tap out on The Last Ship for now, and wait til it's on Netflix or Amazon. Getting close to doing the same with Defiance. Just hard to keep up with everything :D

skipwondah33
07-15-2014, 12:54 PM
I watched all three episodes last night. This show caught me completely off guard as I only came upon it because of an ad when I was flipping through the channels. I'm enjoying it but I think it's here for a good time, not a long time as these sci-fi shows have a short shelf-life.

As to episode three
I thought it was really well done. Those Russians mean business. However in the last few minutes when the Russian captain knew the ship was gone... I think there is one more spy on the Nathan James. Looking forward to episode 4.Yeah I think..well hope so as well. I kept seeing the previews months ago while the playoffs were going on and my interest kept growing after seeing the previews of it so much lol. Figured I would like it going in, but tempered my expectations because the shows that interest me tend to not be around long. My wife is actually into it with me, which the only other shows she watches that I enjoy are Hard Knocks and Walking Dead.

I missed episode three due to power being out and it not being able to record to DVR, but I have it set to record tomorrow night as it is being replayed.

Watched The Strain tonight. Overall I really enjoyed it. I'm going to pick up the books in the next few weeks.Same thing with the Last Ship, I kept seeing the previews for this and it caught my eye. I missed what I think was the 1st episode but I set it to record the series to see if I like it.

On another note I caught an episode of Falling Skies again. Last time I watched it was not last season but the season before that. I wanted to get into it before the series started but never kept up with it.

I'm going to tap out on The Last Ship for now, and wait til it's on Netflix or Amazon. Getting close to doing the same with Defiance. Just hard to keep up with everything :DBooo :D

JBHuskers
07-22-2014, 01:04 PM
This is pretty damn cool...

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/21/5923403/fxx-will-marathon-the-entire-simpsons-series-next-month-before

FXX is preparing to air the longest marathon in TV history. After acquiring every last episode of The Simpsons last fall for a cool $750 million, the young network is preparing to air all 25 seasons (and the movie) of one of the greatest television shows of all time from August 21st to September 1st.

This means that all 552 episodes of the series will air 24 hours a day, seven days a week for a full week and a half. In addition, Variety reports that FXX will launch the "Simpsons World" digital hub in October, which will allow cable subscribers to watch every episode on demand on their desktops at SimpsonsWorld.com, mobile devices via the FXNow app, and on compatible smart TVs and set-top boxes. All the more reason for cable cutters to consider subscribing to cable sometime.

skipwondah33
07-22-2014, 01:14 PM
This is pretty damn cool...

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/21/5923403/fxx-will-marathon-the-entire-simpsons-series-next-month-before

FXX is preparing to air the longest marathon in TV history. After acquiring every last episode of The Simpsons last fall for a cool $750 million, the young network is preparing to air all 25 seasons (and the movie) of one of the greatest television shows of all time from August 21st to September 1st.

This means that all 552 episodes of the series will air 24 hours a day, seven days a week for a full week and a half. In addition, Variety reports that FXX will launch the "Simpsons World" digital hub in October, which will allow cable subscribers to watch every episode on demand on their desktops at SimpsonsWorld.com, mobile devices via the FXNow app, and on compatible smart TVs and set-top boxes. All the more reason for cable cutters to consider subscribing to cable sometime.This is sweet!!

JBHuskers
07-22-2014, 04:31 PM
This is sweet!!

Hell yeah! The ability to access any episode on demand. That's cool.

JBHuskers
07-22-2014, 06:38 PM
I'm part of the Amazon Preview program for new TV shows.

I hope this one makes it, because 10 minutes in, and it's already badass.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3505668/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Says TV movie, but Amazon says series.

bdoughty
08-01-2014, 08:30 AM
Just finished the two seasons of Carnivale. Not really what I was expecting but outside the lack of an ending due to it being cancelled it was enjoyable. I read somewhere HBO cancelled Carnivale, Deadwood and Rome in the same year, while they kept The Entourage on. Someone at HBO should have been fired over that.

cdj
09-04-2014, 10:37 PM
Anyone else think the last two episodes of Tosh have been horrible? Not really that funny and very mean-spirited at times, especially last week's Web Redemption. Usually he jokes with and humanizes them in that segment, but last week it seemed like they unnecessarily lambasted and ostracized them. It seems like they either lost or promoted the wrong writer.