PDA

View Full Version : TV Shows Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

psuexv
08-08-2011, 08:03 AM
:(

I haven't watched it yet. Now I don't know if I even want to. Yet another TV show where it's like, "What's the point?"

It seems completely obvious to me that it's disliked enough to where it won't last long so, even if it does start to get good, it's not gonna last long enough to do anything with it.

Couple of things. I thought the 1st half of the show was bad, didn't really tell us anything except that Ben is turning into an alien which we already knew. Did care for the fact that they but Weaver on drugs, Everything has been real smooth so far with keeping the units together and now he's going all kamikaze :dunno:

The 2nd part was little better, but didn't understand the Rick stuff, he's turning into an alien, wants to be one yada yada. But he goes running to find one and there just happens to be that girl right by the school, but they don't attack??? Then when the skitters don't want him he suddenly has emotions and misses his dad????

The whole jamming of the frequency made sense to break communications, but it makes the mecs run and hide, didn't understand this either.

The ending I didn't like either, Tom just says whatever and goes with the aliens?

Probably my biggest gripe is that it's not coming back until Summer of 2012, that's a long break to continue to have buzz about a show

morsdraconis
08-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Couple of things. I thought the 1st half of the show was bad, didn't really tell us anything except that Ben is turning into an alien which we already knew. Did care for the fact that they but Weaver on drugs, Everything has been real smooth so far with keeping the units together and now he's going all kamikaze :dunno:

I actually enjoyed the internal struggle that they were having. Weaver was always on drugs (you see several times him taking pills out of a bottle) just, now, we know what he was taking and how serious his addiction was, but it was the groundwork for the possible insecurities that anyone outside of military training (like the guy that followed Weaver's orders no matter what) would have with the situation. Lord knows, if the leader of one of the last surviving groups from the attack on Boston was on drugs like that, I would be questioning his judgment as well. Did it seem a bit out of place? Yeah, a little bit, but it set the groundwork for Tom to be more of a leader and less of a follower, which is good considering he's the main character of the show, so far.

The 2nd part was little better, but didn't understand the Rick stuff, he's turning into an alien, wants to be one yada yada. But he goes running to find one and there just happens to be that girl right by the school, but they don't attack??? Then when the skitters don't want him he suddenly has emotions and misses his dad????

My feel was that, just like the woman in downtown Boston that they ran into in episode 8, the skitters were using him as an information source. A spy basically. The reason why he broke down was, again, in my opinion, because he thought he wanted to be a part of the skitter collective because part of being harnessed is some weird injection of a dopamine-like drug that alters their state of mind (being harnessed is almost like being addicted to a drug). Once he realized that they just used him for knowledge, he realized that the humans were treating him much better and therefore he realized what his father did for him and how much he missed him because of that. The drugging effect of the harness together with the skitters treating the children like their own children leads to them considering the skitter caretaker as their parent instead of their real human part.

Or, at least, that's my tangent on what's been actually explained/shown.

The whole jamming of the frequency made sense to break communications, but it makes the mecs run and hide, didn't understand this either.

The mecs are piloted by the skitters, who, like Ben and Rick, can hear the transmission and it hurts. Probably hurts them even more considering it's how they communicate with one another.

The ending I didn't like either, Tom just says whatever and goes with the aliens?

Yeah, it was kinda meh, but it intrigues me. Now I'm very curious where they are going with the show. Hopefully we get much more information about the aliens and a possible idea of what the hell they are building that structure for (besides an obvious landing area for their ships).

Probably my biggest gripe is that it's not coming back until Summer of 2012, that's a long break to continue to have buzz about a show

Yeah, that's definitely my main issue with the show so far. This big of a break, it totally kills any momentum that they could have possibly had. Makes me think even that much more that it won't last past another season. Any interest that it built up will be lost by the time Summer 2012 rolls around.

If I remember to catch it when Summer 2012 rolls around, I'll probably still watch it though. No point in stopping now, not when it's intriguing enough to have me writing this much about it. :D

morsdraconis
08-08-2011, 09:40 PM
And for those that want to read the above, watch Falling Skies and then read it. ;)

JeffHCross
08-08-2011, 09:45 PM
TNT and USA have been decently successful with having shows take breaks between one summer and the next, especially after the first season. So I'm not too worried about that. The finale was satisfactory, to me. Enough questions answered while also having enough stay open.

morsdraconis
08-08-2011, 09:46 PM
TNT and USA have been decently successful with having shows take breaks between one summer and the next, especially after the first season. So I'm not too worried about that. The finale was satisfactory, to me. Enough questions answered while also having enough stay open.

:nod:

On both things. TNT, USA, and Fox fuckin' suck at new shows being interesting unless they are network ideas during primetime.

JeffHCross
08-08-2011, 10:06 PM
I'm loving practically everything USA is running right now, lol.

baseballplyrmvp
08-08-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm loving practically everything USA is running right now, lol.

USA has some very good shows. burn notice is one of my favorites

JeffHCross
08-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Burn Notice is high on my list, but I'm so far behind on it that I don't usually watch it. When it ends, I'm planning to just buying the entire series on DVD. Or if I ever get Netflix, then I'll catch up.

Now ... In Plain Sight, White Collar, Covert Affairs and Suits ... all awesome.

psuexv
08-09-2011, 10:11 AM
I actually enjoyed the internal struggle that they were having. Weaver was always on drugs (you see several times him taking pills out of a bottle) just, now, we know what he was taking and how serious his addiction was, but it was the groundwork for the possible insecurities that anyone outside of military training (like the guy that followed Weaver's orders no matter what) would have with the situation. Lord knows, if the leader of one of the last surviving groups from the attack on Boston was on drugs like that, I would be questioning his judgment as well. Did it seem a bit out of place? Yeah, a little bit, but it set the groundwork for Tom to be more of a leader and less of a follower, which is good considering he's the main character of the show, so far.

I liked the struggle too, the drugs just seemed out of place. I understand why he was pushing Tom away as he knew Tom would resist. But as in the theme of the show, the drugs were a big issue and then gone.

My feel was that, just like the woman in downtown Boston that they ran into in episode 8, the skitters were using him as an information source. A spy basically. The reason why he broke down was, again, in my opinion, because he thought he wanted to be a part of the skitter collective because part of being harnessed is some weird injection of a dopamine-like drug that alters their state of mind (being harnessed is almost like being addicted to a drug). Once he realized that they just used him for knowledge, he realized that the humans were treating him much better and therefore he realized what his father did for him and how much he missed him because of that. The drugging effect of the harness together with the skitters treating the children like their own children leads to them considering the skitter caretaker as their parent instead of their real human part.

Or, at least, that's my tangent on what's been actually explained/shown.

See I don't know. From everything that it's leading us to is that the harnessed kids turn into Skitters and Rick and Ben are still going through that process and Rick is further along(since he's climbing on walls and talking like he's one of the Skitters and he's shown no emotion) It just seemed out of place for him to almost "stop" the transformation and start having emotions.

Also he was climbing on a freaking wall and everyone kind of forgot about that :dunno:

The mecs are piloted by the skitters, who, like Ben and Rick, can hear the transmission and it hurts. Probably hurts them even more considering it's how they communicate with one another.

Yeah I understand this, but it actually drops Ben to his knees and really hurts him, the Mecs just casually turned around and retreated orderly. If it really bothered them I thought there would be more chaotic retreat

Yeah, it was kinda meh, but it intrigues me. Now I'm very curious where they are going with the show. Hopefully we get much more information about the aliens and a possible idea of what the hell they are building that structure for (besides an obvious landing area for their ships).

definitely think it could lead to some interesting developments, it was just so anti-climatic... he was just like "yeah sure, I'll go"

Yeah, that's definitely my main issue with the show so far. This big of a break, it totally kills any momentum that they could have possibly had. Makes me think even that much more that it won't last past another season. Any interest that it built up will be lost by the time Summer 2012 rolls around.

If I remember to catch it when Summer 2012 rolls around, I'll probably still watch it though. No point in stopping now, not when it's intriguing enough to have me writing this much about it. :D

Overall I'm still happy with the series to start, just thought the way they played things out in the finale was meh

psuexv
08-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Burn Notice is high on my list, but I'm so far behind on it that I don't usually watch it. When it ends, I'm planning to just buying the entire series on DVD. Or if I ever get Netflix, then I'll catch up.

Big fan on Burn Notice, unfortunately I don't catch it all the time. Hopefully it goes streaming through Netflix soon.

JBHuskers
08-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Big fan on Burn Notice, unfortunately I don't catch it all the time. Hopefully it goes streaming through Netflix soon.

I'm pretty sure the first season is on there now.

psuexv
08-09-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm pretty sure the first season is on there now.

DVD only :down:

JBHuskers
08-09-2011, 10:50 AM
DVD only :down:

Ah, coulda swore I saw it on there.

SmoothPancakes
08-10-2011, 04:36 AM
Even though the DSL was a non-working piece of shit last night, I was able to catch Take the Money and Run.

The second episode took place in Miami. The cops lost and never stood a chance.

The husband and wife jumped in the car, made a single phone call to their daughter, telling her to call a family friend who lives on Miami Beach and get the okay to bring the briefcase there. Then when they did get the okay, they stopped and parked the car 6 blocks away and hauled ass on foot to the house to hide it. They then went on a tour of I-95 and 111th Street through Miami, stopping at a gas station and a sports drink store along the way.

The cops and interrogators never had a chance of finding the case. The daughter threw the cops off the trail of the friend's house by telling the cops that her mom hated the beach, was afraid of it, etc, as well as telling them that her mom called just to say that she loves her and take care of the house and whatnot. That was the one and only phone call the couple made, so the cops had nothing as far as visiting or checking out people.

And the couple had their story entirely straight while driving, as well they weren't about to break down like the brothers did in the first episode, since the money was all going towards college in the future for their daughters. So the cops for the most part were focusing on 111th Street where they got off of I-95, rather than Miami Beach.

And because the couple were not about to break down anytime soon, the interrogators weren't able to get anything out of them. The husband even turned down a full steak dinner with the fixings when the male interrogator came in to "share dinner" with the guy. They were not about to give in before the 48 hours ran out.

baseballplyrmvp
08-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Even though the DSL was a non-working piece of shit last night, I was able to catch Take the Money and Run.

The second episode took place in Miami. The cops lost and never stood a chance.

The husband and wife jumped in the car, made a single phone call to their daughter, telling her to call a family friend who lives on Miami Beach and get the okay to bring the briefcase there. Then when they did get the okay, they stopped and parked the car 6 blocks away and hauled ass on foot to the house to hide it. They then went on a tour of I-95 and 111th Street through Miami, stopping at a gas station and a sports drink store along the way.

The cops and interrogators never had a chance of finding the case. The daughter threw the cops off the trail of the friend's house by telling the cops that her mom hated the beach, was afraid of it, etc, as well as telling them that her mom called just to say that she loves her and take care of the house and whatnot. That was the one and only phone call the couple made, so the cops had nothing as far as visiting or checking out people.

And the couple had their story entirely straight while driving, as well they weren't about to break down like the brothers did in the first episode, since the money was all going towards college in the future for their daughters. So the cops for the most part were focusing on 111th Street where they got off of I-95, rather than Miami Beach.

And because the couple were not about to break down anytime soon, the interrogators weren't able to get anything out of them. The husband even turned down a full steak dinner with the fixings when the male interrogator came in to "share dinner" with the guy. They were not about to give in before the 48 hours ran out.now that couple knew how to win. their strategy was very similar to what i would have done

morsdraconis
08-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Not sure if anyone has actually watched this show yet since it's a British show on the BBC, but it's called Luther, starring Idris Elba (Stringer Bell from The Wire) and it's fuckin' fantastic. For those of you that have Netflix, it's available on their instant streaming service and it's definitely worth the watch as it's some of the best cop drama television I've ever seen and Elba is at his all time best.

JeffHCross
08-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Not sure if anyone has actually watched this show yet since it's a British show on the BBC, but it's called Luther, starring Idris ElbaPremieres on BBC America in late September.

JBHuskers
09-01-2011, 12:22 AM
I just watched the 2nd to last ever episode of Rescue Me and wow....

You don't know for sure til the preview of the final episode, but I can't believe the entire 62 crew died. It's going to be one sad series finale

morsdraconis
09-01-2011, 12:39 AM
Man, that is a show I REALLY need to start watching.

JBHuskers
09-07-2011, 10:28 PM
IMO that was a great ending to one of my favorite shows of all-time in Rescue Me.

gschwendt
09-08-2011, 07:53 PM
So James Spader is the new boss on The Office... :fp: it may have another season after this upcoming one but I can't imagine it will continue after that. IMO they should have had one of the existing characters take over and create a new dynamic there, then bring in fresh blood to replace that character's position.

bdoughty
09-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Well IASIP was a bit creepy last night. Stole the gifs from neogaf. They had the one with the hobo sex but I figured it best not to post.

http://h7.abload.de/img/fallyu88.gif

http://i56.tinypic.com/qxqatu.gif

morsdraconis
09-23-2011, 03:05 PM
WTF is IASIP and why is Danny Devito barbarizing a ham?

psuexv
09-23-2011, 03:11 PM
WTF is IASIP and why is Danny Devito barbarizing a ham?

It's Always Sunny in Filthadelphia

morsdraconis
09-23-2011, 03:13 PM
It's Always Sunny in Filthadelphia

Ah, that show is lame as shit...

psuexv
09-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Ah, that show is lame as shit...

:nod:

bdoughty
09-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Lame would be watching anything on MTV, Jersey Shore, Etc.

Sunny is terrific crass comedy. What is next, you guy not like Wilfred also?

morsdraconis
09-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Lame would be watching anything on MTV, Jersey Shore, Etc.

Sunny is terrific crass comedy. What is next, you guy not like Wilfred also?

Never even heard of it, but I rarely even watch TV.

baseballplyrmvp
09-23-2011, 09:04 PM
http://h7.abload.de/img/fallyu88.gif

i've gone on a free falling ride like this in vancouver, bc. i'll never forget the pain i had, when my sack hit hard plastic after free-falling 200 feet in like 3 seconds. i never puked like this guy though....

DariusLock
09-24-2011, 02:18 PM
Wilfred sucks, It's Always Sunny...now that's the my shit right there.

bdoughty
09-24-2011, 03:22 PM
I guess Wilfred is an acquired taste but the majority of people who diss it have never seen the original Australian version. The dog is the show, I just go tone deaf when Hobbit boy talks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sahi3TnyxP0

DariusLock
09-24-2011, 04:05 PM
I remember the old Wilfred, this one just tries too hard it seems.

DariusLock
09-27-2011, 12:02 AM
First episode of Terra Nova was pretty dang good to me. I don't usually keep up with T.V. shows, but Terra Nova has a fan.

JBHuskers
09-28-2011, 12:30 PM
EW.com - Ashton Kutcher: Genius marketing man or annoying peddler? (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/09/28/ashton-kutcher-companies-get-marketing-push/)

DariusLock
09-28-2011, 01:49 PM
I did not look at the decals, I did notice them though. The first two episodes are just "alright". I'm ready for Terra Nova next week but for now I shall catch up on Breaking Bad!

psuexv
09-28-2011, 01:52 PM
I did not look at the decals, I did notice them though. The first two episodes are just "alright".

That's funny as I didn't even pay attention to them either. Got to say I didn't have high expectations and so far the show is not even meeting them.

SmoothPancakes
09-28-2011, 02:02 PM
I never even bothered watching the first episode of the new season. Even just the thought of it without Charlie Sheen makes it sound boring and dull to me. Not even worth my time to watch anymore.

morsdraconis
09-28-2011, 02:03 PM
What is it about the decals? I must have missed that or somethin'....

JBHuskers
09-28-2011, 02:07 PM
What is it about the decals? I must have missed that or somethin'....

They're all companies that Kutcher has a stake in. Hell I didn't really notice what stickers were on there.

Now I've not been a regular 2 and 1/2 Men watcher. My old roommate got me into it. It's not the same, but to me it's not bad so far.

morsdraconis
09-28-2011, 02:32 PM
They're all companies that Kutcher has a stake in. Hell I didn't really notice what stickers were on there.

Now I've not been a regular 2 and 1/2 Men watcher. My old roommate got me into it. It's not the same, but to me it's not bad so far.

Ah, well (shrugs). It is what it is. I didn't care much for it but, 2 and 1/2 Men wasn't that great to begin with. It was really just something to watch that occasionally was funny.

psuexv
09-28-2011, 06:58 PM
It was good back in the beginning. Up until the point where the kid hit his teenage years.

morsdraconis
09-28-2011, 07:17 PM
First episode of Terra Nova was pretty dang good to me. I don't usually keep up with T.V. shows, but Terra Nova has a fan.

I agree. It was interesting. I'm definitely interested to see what they do with it, though, truthfully, I would have rather watched the show about the future situation than the current situation they are in now.

DariusLock
09-28-2011, 09:41 PM
I agree. It was interesting. I'm definitely interested to see what they do with it, though, truthfully, I would have rather watched the show about the future situation than the current situation they are in now.

I think a show on the other situation would be really interesting as well. The horrible air to breathe, the child limit, and the lack of real food it seems would make for a pretty law less land. I'm happy with Terra Nova as it is so far though. The way this is playing out back in the Cretaceous period is pretty cool though, with all the technology they brought with them to that time period. The characters all seem pretty interesting to follow as well, except for the two daughters so far haha.

gschwendt
09-30-2011, 02:38 PM
So what does everyone think of The Office so far?

So far so good I think. It's been pretty funny and Andy as the new manager works well and gives a similar dynamic as Michael. My favorite part of last night's episode was Kevin getting mad at Dwight putting walnuts in the brownies.

JBHuskers
09-30-2011, 02:45 PM
The Office is one of many shows I need to catch up on. At least with that show, I'm over halfway there.

Is anyone going to check out American Horror Story this week on FX?

morsdraconis
09-30-2011, 02:57 PM
Is anyone going to check out American Horror Story this week on FX?

Maybe. I don't know yet. It sounds interesting.

bdoughty
10-02-2011, 04:00 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/NewYorker/status/120599846745931777

Arrested Development coming back for one more TV season before movie

DariusLock
10-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Terra Nova tonight at 7 central. Fox.

JBHuskers
10-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Are you watching a new TV show this fall? See where it falls in EW.com's Death Watch 2011. (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/03/fall-tv-2011-schedule-cancelled-shows/)

gschwendt
10-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Are you watching a new TV show this fall? See where it falls in EW.com's Death Watch 2011. (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/03/fall-tv-2011-schedule-cancelled-shows/)I like Whitney... though I know it's a bit darker than the general audience wants. That and the "live audience" is too loud; if it is indeed live, it sounds way too much like canned laughter.

JBHuskers
10-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Up All Night & Whitney get full season orders. (http://twitter.com/#!/NikkiFinke/status/121264150340046848)

morsdraconis
10-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Disappointed that Terra Nova and Prime Suspect are likely not to last. Terra Nova because it has potential and Prime Suspect because Maria Bello is fuckin' awesome.

psuexv
10-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Anyone watching Revenge? The wife wanted to watch it so we watched the 1st two episodes on Hulu to try and catch up. It's pretty good. Some chick is out to get revenge on all these rich people for ruining her dad's life.

JBHuskers
10-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Anyone watching Revenge? The wife wanted to watch it so we watched the 1st two episodes on Hulu to try and catch up. It's pretty good. Some chick is out to get revenge on all these rich people for ruining her dad's life.

I'm interested in it. It seems to really be picking up steam in the ratings too as the show goes on.

psuexv
10-14-2011, 09:00 AM
I'm interested in it. It seems to really be picking up steam in the ratings too as the show goes on.

You should check it out. I know the 1st 3 episodes are on Hulu. I think this week was the 4th episode, we recorded it so need to catch up first.

gschwendt
10-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Community was hilarious last night... possibly one of the best sitcom episodes ever. If you've ever seen the show, do yourself a favor and be sure to catch last night's. If you've never seen the show, then you might be lost in some of the jokes but still hilarious.

It's available on Hulu now. Go watch it.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/285095/community-remedial-chaos-theory

DariusLock
10-14-2011, 12:27 PM
I don't want Terra Nova to go away. I think the thing holding it back right now is trying to explain everything and getting all the stories started. Once it gets to more action I think more people will watch. This show is the only tv show I watch live during the week!

morsdraconis
10-14-2011, 12:29 PM
I don't want Terra Nova to go away. I think the thing holding it back right now is trying to explain everything and getting all the stories started. Once it gets to more action I think more people will watch. This show is the only tv show I watch live during the week!

I agree (though I don't watch it live).

psusnoop
10-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Community was hilarious last night... possibly one of the best sitcom episodes ever. If you've ever seen the show, do yourself a favor and be sure to catch last night's. If you've never seen the show, then you might be lost in some of the jokes but still hilarious.

It's available on Hulu now. Go watch it.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/285095/community-remedial-chaos-theory

I watched that today at work, that was pretty good. I'm going to catch up and I've just set the DVR to record this.

psuexv
10-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Anyone going to check out Hell on Wheels, saw it preview during Walking Dead?

http://www.amctv.com/hell-on-wheels/videos/amcs-first-look-at-hell-on-wheels

SmoothPancakes
10-17-2011, 02:56 PM
It looks interesting. I might have to check it out.

psuexv
10-17-2011, 02:59 PM
It looks interesting. I might have to check it out.

Yeah AMC does such a good job I figured I would too. I dig the old west too. And this is a timeframe that I don't think anyone has ever done. Post Civil War. Well unless you count Wild Wild West with Will Smith

SmoothPancakes
10-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Yeah AMC does such a good job I figured I would too. I dig the old west too. And this is a timeframe that I don't think anyone has ever done. Post Civil War. Well unless you count Wild Wild West with Will Smith

Yeah, I don't. :D Not unless they just left out the giant hydraulic spiders of my history text books back in high school and mistakenly forgot to include that little tidbit of history. :D

psuexv
10-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Yeah, I don't. :D Not unless they just left out the giant hydraulic spiders of my history text books back in high school and mistakenly forgot to include that little tidbit of history. :D

:D

JBHuskers
10-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Just signed up for Hulu Plus. First use of it is starting Terra Nova.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

morsdraconis
10-19-2011, 10:40 AM
God I hate it when networks show episodes out of order for a show that isn't serial, but has serial elements (like the main character being pissed at his/her boss for dating his/her ex-wife/husband) that get fucked up by dumb ass tv execs.

JBHuskers
10-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Only got through 15 minutes of Terra Nova, but I really dig it so far. Is the rest of the series all in the past, or do they flash into the future occasionally?

morsdraconis
10-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Only got through 15 minutes of Terra Nova, but I really dig it so far. Is the rest of the series all in the past, or do they flash into the future occasionally?

So far, all in the past.

JBHuskers
10-19-2011, 11:19 AM
So far, all in the past.

Ahhh okay. Not sure if I will like it more or less...was kinda hoping some future was shown still as I dug how they did things in the beginning with the future.

JBHuskers
10-20-2011, 11:21 AM
For those who have Showtime, there is a show debuting tonight called Dave's Old Porn with comedian Dave Attell. It's like Mystery Science Theatre 3000, but with porn :D and this week his guests include Whitney Cummings and Ron Jeremy. I am watching this for sure :D this will be awesome. Attell is a funny dude.

morsdraconis
10-20-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm interested. I might give it a watch.

DariusLock
10-21-2011, 11:09 AM
So Terra Nova continues to be exciting, I just want MORE action. Really interested about the guys who want Commander Taylor dead....also would like to hear about the 100+ days he was alone in Terra Nova.

DariusLock
10-25-2011, 05:59 PM
http://air.fox.com/terranova/widget/

Cool things about Terra Nova. You go to that site and select News 2149 and there are a bunch of news clippings for example. Evacuate or Starve: Ranchers in the Montana Dust Bowl have been notified to evacuate and seek work elsewhere. Relief workers and aide will no longer flow to the region after Congress decides to focus on other areas.

Adds A LOT of back story in the Shannon Family videos...like Jim being in Prison and the selection interview stuff.

EDIT: Also just read an interview and we will be going back to 2149 in a episode, because people from the future and the colonist are fighting over Terra Nova.

morsdraconis
10-25-2011, 06:37 PM
EDIT: Also just read an interview and we will be going back to 2149 in a episode, because people from the future and the colonist are fighting over Terra Nova.

That's GREAT to hear. I'm excited for Terra Nova. Hope they continue to make it interesting. There's a lot of stuff for them to work with, what with the future and past things happening and all of that. Very interested to see where they go with this show.

psuexv
10-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Anyone catch American Horror Story yet? I caught up on the 1st 2 episodes last night and it's pretty good. Freaky and messed up, but good.

JBHuskers
10-28-2011, 09:59 AM
I definitely plan on catching up on this over the weekend:

From EW:

Don’t look now, but FX’s American Horror Story is growing into a hit.

Ryan Murphy’s latest (and last week’s Entertainment Weekly cover story) rose in the ratings for the second time in row. AHS went up 15 percent to 3 million viewers — after going up a slight 4 percent the week before. In the adult demo, the show did even better, hitting a series high 2.2 million viewers.

The fourth episode of the horror-drama admittedly had more than a fair amount of help from its lead-in, the basic cable premiere of Twilight. Still … climbing two weeks in a row for any serialized drama is a healthy sign.

psuexv
10-28-2011, 10:01 AM
I definitely plan on catching up on this over the weekend:

From EW:

Don’t look now, but FX’s American Horror Story is growing into a hit.

Ryan Murphy’s latest (and last week’s Entertainment Weekly cover story) rose in the ratings for the second time in row. AHS went up 15 percent to 3 million viewers — after going up a slight 4 percent the week before. In the adult demo, the show did even better, hitting a series high 2.2 million viewers.

The fourth episode of the horror-drama admittedly had more than a fair amount of help from its lead-in, the basic cable premiere of Twilight. Still … climbing two weeks in a row for any serialized drama is a healthy sign.

It's probably the 2nd best show next to the Walking Dead right now.

SmoothPancakes
10-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Yeah, it's really good. I'm liking it.

psuexv
10-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Yeah, it's really good. I'm liking it.

Couple of questions

Who do you think Tate is? Do you think Tate is the dude in the black leather suit that killed the 2 guys and got the wife pregnant? I really thought the little girl was dead but apparently not as she might have died last night.

SmoothPancakes
10-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Couple of questions

Who do you think Tate is? Do you think Tate is the dude in the black leather suit that killed the 2 guys and got the wife pregnant? I really thought the little girl was dead but apparently not as she might have died last night.

You might be onto something. Tate was wearing the black leather suit when Violet went down into the basement to meet up with him. And he's always finding ways into the house, much like Addy is. I haven't been able to figure out who it could be, but you may be right there.

So did I. I thought the little girl, Addy, was exactly like the housekeeper, dead, but her spirit still hanging around, until the hit and run happened. And it definitely seemed like she died after that hit and run. Especially with the way the woman was acting, dragging her away from the paramedics and onto the yard.

How about at the very end this week, while they were searching for Violet, when Ben opened up the door and there was Hayden standing at the door?

psuexv
10-28-2011, 01:27 PM
You might be onto something. Tate was wearing the black leather suit when Violet went down into the basement to meet up with him. And he's always finding ways into the house, much like Addy is. I haven't been able to figure out who it could be, but you may be right there.

So did I. I thought the little girl, Addy, was exactly like the housekeeper, dead, but her spirit still hanging around, until the hit and run happened. And it definitely seemed like she died after that hit and run. Especially with the way the woman was acting, dragging her away from the paramedics and onto the yard.

How about at the very end this week, while they were searching for Violet, when Ben opened up the door and there was Hayden standing at the door?

Yeah the ending was crazy. What else was freaky was that Hayden called Vivien back. There must be something with the land that they house is on. Since the lady dragged Addy back and said we have to get her to the yard quickly.

The other thing they kind of glossed over was the ultra sound of the baby. What the heck was in there? Oh and the young maid is hot :up:

My other theory on Tate was that he's Dr. Charles baby. He told that story to Violet that the baby still hangs around and he turned into some freaky thing when he scared that chick looking for coke. But there has to be some relation to the neighbor lady as in the 2nd episode when he killed those intruders he said to her something about if you want him to keep treating me.

gschwendt
10-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Made you look

morsdraconis
10-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Made you look

Nuh uh!

SmoothPancakes
10-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Yeah the ending was crazy. What else was freaky was that Hayden called Vivien back. There must be something with the land that they house is on. Since the lady dragged Addy back and said we have to get her to the yard quickly.

The other thing they kind of glossed over was the ultra sound of the baby. What the heck was in there? Oh and the young maid is hot :up:

My other theory on Tate was that he's Dr. Charles baby. He told that story to Violet that the baby still hangs around and he turned into some freaky thing when he scared that chick looking for coke. But there has to be some relation to the neighbor lady as in the 2nd episode when he killed those intruders he said to her something about if you want him to keep treating me.

Yeah, when it showed that Hayden was calling Vivien, I was sitting there going "what? Hayden's dead." Then Hayden's standing at the door at the end. Definitely got to be something with the land. There's Hayden, the maid, the two *** guys who showed up pretending to be the designers or whatever they were called, all killed in the house or on the property, and all still roaming around.

Yeah, when that nurse suddenly passed out after seeing the ultra sound, there is definitely something with the baby. A theory, it could be whatever it is with the house or the land the house is on, causing the baby to be unnaturally ahead of where it should be in development. For only 8 weeks old, no way Vivien should have been feeling kicking from the baby. Between the supposed kicking from the baby that Vivien said she was feeling, and then the nurse suddenly passing out on the spot from seeing the ultra sound, there's got to be something abnormal about the baby's development.

I was just thinking about that right after I posted previously, that Tate might be Dr. Charles baby. They never said whether Dr. Charles was successful in his experiments, but Tate saying that the baby is still in that very basement, I started wondering if Tate might have been it as he's constantly showing up in the basement during the show. And I think there's definitely a relation there with Tate, but I'm not sure if it could be with the neighbor lady, or if it could be with the maid.

psuexv
10-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Yeah, when it showed that Hayden was calling Vivien, I was sitting there going "what? Hayden's dead." Then Hayden's standing at the door at the end. Definitely got to be something with the land. There's Hayden, the maid, the two *** guys who showed up pretending to be the designers or whatever they were called, all killed in the house or on the property, and all still roaming around.

Yeah, when that nurse suddenly passed out after seeing the ultra sound, there is definitely something with the baby. A theory, it could be whatever it is with the house or the land the house is on, causing the baby to be unnaturally ahead of where it should be in development. For only 8 weeks old, no way Vivien should have been feeling kicking from the baby. Between the supposed kicking from the baby that Vivien said she was feeling, and then the nurse suddenly passing out on the spot from seeing the ultra sound, there's got to be something abnormal about the baby's development.

I was just thinking about that right after I posted previously, that Tate might be Dr. Charles baby. They never said whether Dr. Charles was successful in his experiments, but Tate saying that the baby is still in that very basement, I started wondering if Tate might have been it as he's constantly showing up in the basement during the show. And I think there's definitely a relation there with Tate, but I'm not sure if it could be with the neighbor lady, or if it could be with the maid.

Did you also notice the 2 boys from the 1st episode where the 2 boys that egged the house?

They baby is definitely f'ed up. Whoever is in the leather suit knocked up Vivian so it's definitely not human.... kind of a RoseMary's baby deal

bdoughty
10-30-2011, 11:10 PM
I have seen the worst animated sitcom ever created and it's name is Allen Gregory. No Johna Hill, you are not Superbad, your character is this show is. What the heck were you thinking FOX?

Here is the trailer for those who have no clue what Allen Gregory is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUlfno9QTM

Yup, that is two minutes you will never get back.

morsdraconis
10-30-2011, 11:17 PM
What in the fuck did I just watch?! Jesus fuckin' christ, I hate Fox... :smh:

JBHuskers
10-31-2011, 02:16 PM
American Horror Story Renewed for Season 2 http://go.ign.com/t7vdVL

psuexv
10-31-2011, 02:25 PM
American Horror Story Renewed for Season 2 http://go.ign.com/t7vdVL

Awesome. I wonder if they will continue with the same story line for next season or wrap this one up and start a new one next season, kind of like mini-series every season.

CLW
10-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Really into the new show "Boss" on Starz. Really good show on Chicago/Illinois politics.

NatureBoy
11-08-2011, 10:59 AM
I found this on another site. The guy who created this said he will update it daily. 2011 Christmas TV Schedule (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OUeNfrW26zxINOUDmt7DBaV-aY6SDR2VU2BADfLxfEQ/edit#)

DariusLock
11-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Just watched the first episode of Hell on Wheels....NICE! AMC is tearing it up Breaking Bad, Hell on Wheels, and The Walking dead. If this continues the only other show I'll be watching is Terra Nova so almost a clean sweep for AMC haha.

morsdraconis
11-08-2011, 11:58 PM
Don't forget that AMC has The Killing coming back soon as well (though Hell on Wheels and Breaking Bad just aren't good shows in my opinion).

psuexv
11-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Just watched the first episode of Hell on Wheels....NICE! AMC is tearing it up Breaking Bad, Hell on Wheels, and The Walking dead. If this continues the only other show I'll be watching is Terra Nova so almost a clean sweep for AMC haha.

You need to check out American Horror Story on FX, it's legit

SmoothPancakes
11-09-2011, 10:18 AM

Yep, my list of shows keeps growing. The Walking Dead, Hell on Wheels, American Horror Story, Storm Chasers (on Discovery), a couple others I'm forgetting off the top of my head at the moment (thank God for setting up series recordings on the DVR).

psuexv
11-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Yep, my list of shows keeps growing. The Walking Dead, Hell on Wheels, American Horror Story, Storm Chasers (on Discovery), a couple others I'm forgetting off the top of my head at the moment (thank God for setting up series recordings on the DVR).

Mine's not too bad, I just dropped 2 1/2 men, it's god awful without Sheen. Kutcher's character is stupid how they portray him. And I think I'm finally giving up on Criminal Minds. It was good for a long time but is getting redundant and they are trying to throw in side drama with the characters.

Weekly must watch list - Big Bang Theory, Walking Dead, American Horror Story, Revenge, Storage Wars and Hell of Wheels if I ever find the time to watch the 1st episode :)

morsdraconis
11-09-2011, 11:08 AM
And I say again, Prime Suspect is one of the greatest cop shows on TV. The characters are so wonderful on that show. It's not gritty like The Wire or The Shield, but man, it still really damn good.

DariusLock
11-09-2011, 01:29 PM

Forgot to list that, it's also one of my favorites. I got all the episodes of it also and the others I mentioned lol.

psuexv
11-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Hell on Wheels

So I got caught up on this last night, finally watching the 1st episode and last nights. Not quite sure what to think. I was into it before it started with the fact that he's out for vengeance and seems like a bad ass. Kind of disappointed he pretty much killed the people responsible already, except for this sergeant.

Kind of cool though as they seem to be focusing on the corruption that was the true Wild West

gschwendt
11-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Serious question... am I the only one that watches Community with any regularity?

Looks like NBC is pulling an Arrested Development with Community and they're not bringing it back in midseason.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/redeye-community-prime-suspect-off-nbcs-midseason-schedule-20111114,0,6713713.story
(http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/redeye-community-prime-suspect-off-nbcs-midseason-schedule-20111114,0,6713713.story)
It sounds like it will definitely return at some point (possibly summer?) but absolutely ridiculous. I'd put it up there as competition against Modern Family as my favorite shows on TV right now. Walking Dead used to top both of them but this season has dragged on and is as lost as Sophia.

psuexv
11-15-2011, 09:53 AM
I haven't checked it out. Can't find the room in my schedule. Might have to if you are putting it up that high.

gschwendt
11-15-2011, 10:04 AM
I haven't checked it out. Can't find the room in my schedule. Might have to if you are putting it up that high.You'll probably want to start with Season 1... it's not an easy show to just jump into the middle of; there's a lot of character development, etc. that you might be lost on.

morsdraconis
11-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Serious question... am I the only one that watches Community with any regularity?

Looks like NBC is pulling an Arrested Development with Community and they're not bringing it back in midseason.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/redeye-community-prime-suspect-off-nbcs-midseason-schedule-20111114,0,6713713.story
(http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/redeye-community-prime-suspect-off-nbcs-midseason-schedule-20111114,0,6713713.story)
It sounds like it will definitely return at some point (possibly summer?) but absolutely ridiculous. I'd put it up there as competition against Modern Family as my favorite shows on TV right now. Walking Dead used to top both of them but this season has dragged on and is as lost as Sophia.

Just not my type of TV and I find it incredibly silly. Modern Family is the same way. Neither of those shows seem interesting to me at all. Of course, I have a REAL hard time with shows that have laugh tracks. I don't need to be told when to laugh. If it's not funny, I'm not laughing. The only show that I can stand to watch that has a laugh track is The Big Bang Theory and that is because it is semi-intelligent humor.

morsdraconis
11-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Motherfucker! Another great cop show (Prime Suspect), cancelled after one season. God damn it!

JBHuskers
11-17-2011, 08:42 AM
That's why I rarely start anything new. I just wait for Netflix and Hulu.

morsdraconis
11-18-2011, 11:03 AM
And I have to say again, god damn it why does Prime Suspect have to be getting canceled? Last night's episode was the best one yet. Damn it!

psuexv
11-18-2011, 12:46 PM
American Horror Story

Really good episode this week. Found out a lot of information. No idea what is up with that kid of Constance up in the attic. And I wonder what happened to the doctor's kid and what it actually looks like.

Looks like next week we might find out who is the man in the leather suit. In the beginning I thought it was Tate, but it might be the doctor.

CLW
11-20-2011, 07:00 AM
I am really enjoying "Boss" on starz. It's a show about Chicago/Illinois politics where the Chicago mayor has been diagnosed with an incurable degenerative brain disease.

jaymo76
11-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Just can't decide if I like or hate TERA NOVA. Great visuals, good premise, average storyline, awful acting...

Nothingface
11-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Well....on netflix i went through all the eps of The Office twice now. I started #3. Can't get enough.

JBHuskers
12-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Finally got started on American Horror Story...three episodes in, and I'm loving it. On to part one of the Halloween episode.

SmoothPancakes
12-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Finally got started on American Horror Story...three episodes in, and I'm loving it. On to part one of the Halloween episode.

Yeah, it's really good. I wasn't quite sure what to expect from it going into the series premiere, but it has far exceeded my expectations so far. This week's episode, holy...shit. It keeps getting better and better with each week.

JBHuskers
12-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Yeah I've heard a lot of holy shit on this past episode....I am past the Halloween episodes (5 out of the 10 eps)....

jaymo76
12-30-2011, 07:29 PM
I borrowed the first full season of Falling Skies (it's on TNT which I don't get up here in Vcr, Canada). Holy crap! This show is awesome. It's just like the alien version of the walking dead. I am looking forward to seeing season two this summer.

JBHuskers
12-30-2011, 10:09 PM
American Horror Story is just AWESOME. I'm getting caught up, and am 7 episodes in out of 12. Probably going to finish it out this weekend.

SmoothPancakes
12-30-2011, 10:12 PM
American Horror Story is just AWESOME. I'm getting caught up, and am 7 episodes in out of 12. Probably going to finish it out this weekend.

Yep. :nod: I still need to watch the season finale from last week. Have yet to have a chance to get around to watching it. Gonna have to try this weekend.

gschwendt
12-31-2011, 11:48 AM
Just bought the complete series of The Wire on DVD (eBay, $58). I've been watching it on DirecTV's Audience channel and loved the first season. The second season has been slow but starting to pick up. Everyone raves about it and says Season 3 is where it really picks up, which is awesome because my favorite author (Dennis Lehane), wrote some of that season's episodes. Looking forward to it and will probably blaze through them all quickly.

morsdraconis
01-01-2012, 10:53 AM
The Wire is the best cop show EVER man. There's no competition. Season 3 is definitely where it really starts to pick up.

DariusLock
01-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Gonna check out Falling Skies.

SmoothPancakes
01-08-2012, 11:28 PM
If anyone gets CBS Sports Network, I HIGHLY recommend "A Game of Honor", the 2 1/2 hour special chronicling Army and Navy over this past season, from R Day at Army and I Day at Navy over the summer, Beast Barracks and Plebe Summer, various points and games throughout the season, events on the field, in the classrooms, at the academies, all ending with the Army-Navy game. It is an incredible documentary-style special and well worth the 2 1/2 hours. I recorded it on the DVR tonight and until Showtime releases this on DVD, it's never coming off the DVR. Only two more chances, at least in the near future, to watch it on CBS Sports Network, 4-6:30pm tomorrow (Monday) night, and 9:30am-12 noon on Saturday.

baseballplyrmvp
01-12-2012, 08:51 PM
anyone interested in "Alcatraz"? its debuting this upcoming monday at 8.

SmoothPancakes
01-12-2012, 09:30 PM
It's caught my interest. Looks like it could be good.

morsdraconis
01-13-2012, 05:17 AM
I might give it a whirl.

JeffHCross
01-13-2012, 09:02 PM
until Showtime releases this on DVDIf you could kindly remember to let me know when you see it released, I'd appreciate. I really wish OnDemand would let you get stuff off subscription channels, even at Pay-Per-View level prices. Would gladly pay that to watch it.

SmoothPancakes
01-13-2012, 09:07 PM
If you could kindly remember to let me know when you see it released, I'd appreciate. I really wish OnDemand would let you get stuff off subscription channels, even at Pay-Per-View level prices. Would gladly pay that to watch it.

Will do. Showtime did an incredible job with it. I hope they release it on DVD sooner rather than later.

baseballplyrmvp
01-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Alcatraz isnt half bad.

anyone watch Ax Men last night? anyone else laugh their ass off when the tree fell on the one guy's truck? :D

JBHuskers
01-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Finally got to the end of American Horror Story tonight.

The birth scene was absolutely awesome and intense.

The finale was very interesting with the 3-year old boy killing the babysitter, and the finale was awesome. Not an oh shit moment like I thought was going to happen based on some people's posts.

Nonetheless amazing show. Can't wait to see who moves in next. I hope there are some more famous actors added like they had in the first season. I think with the rising ratings as the show went on, there is no doubt we'll see some good named actors come in season two.

Not sure what is next for me. I'm going to start Archer. I have been told it isn't absolutely necessary to start from the beginning so I'll DVR the season premiere tonight and watch that, and catch up on Netflix on the other two seasons. Justified and Sons are two shows I'll probably start catching up on too.

psuexv
01-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Finally got to the end of American Horror Story tonight.

The birth scene was absolutely awesome and intense.

The finale was very interesting with the 3-year old boy killing the babysitter, and the finale was awesome. Not an oh shit moment like I thought was going to happen based on some people's posts.

Nonetheless amazing show. Can't wait to see who moves in next. I hope there are some more famous actors added like they had in the first season. I think with the rising ratings as the show went on, there is no doubt we'll see some good named actors come in season two.

They have said that there are clues to what the next season will be about in the Birth episode. I saw someone broke it down and they think it's going to be set in South America.

JBHuskers
01-20-2012, 09:04 AM
They have said that there are clues to what the next season will be about in the Birth episode. I saw someone broke it down and they think it's going to be set in South America.

But that's not in America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI

psuexv
01-20-2012, 09:08 AM
yeah actually I lied. That article I read was bogus.

I read the other articles about the clue being in episode 11. While I didn’t see a specific frame insert, I noticed a lot of farm references. The baby room was painted with farm animals, the cribs were painted red and white, like a barn. Later, there was a wooden watermill on Violet’s desk. In another scene, when Vivien walks in the house in labor, there was a cowbell on the door behind her. When Ben tried to call 911, there was a bowl of eggs right by the phone. The mobile over the crib was composed of farm animals.
So my guess for next season’s theme is in a farm/rural area.

JBHuskers
01-20-2012, 09:09 AM
yeah actually I lied. That article I read was bogus.

I wouldn't agree with that either, because the one of the animals the baby room was painted with was a giraffe. My guess is people have no clue.

DariusLock
02-06-2012, 12:31 PM
But that's not in America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI

Lost my shit when they said Slavery....FUCK YEAH. He better lock his comments lol.

baseballplyrmvp
02-07-2012, 08:40 AM
having watched the 3 paranormal activity movies, i'm slightly interested by "The River"'s 2 hour premiere tonight on abc.

psuexv
02-07-2012, 09:04 AM
having watched the 3 paranormal activity movies, i'm slightly interested by "The River"'s 2 hour premiere tonight on abc.

Yeah it kind of reminds me of Harper's Island.

JBHuskers
02-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Did anyone watch The River. I didn't, sounds like the ratings weren't good.

morsdraconis
02-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Using found footage AT ALL is just DUMB. For a movie, it could possibly work, but for a TV show, that's just stupid.

I didn't watch and never planned on watching it to begin with. I don't watch dumb ass TV and that show definitely sounded dumb from the beginning. Turns out, it is dumb along with terrible acting. Probably won't last long.

JBHuskers
02-08-2012, 12:14 PM
'American Horror Story 2': New hints (http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/07/american-horror-story-season-two-scoop/)

baseballplyrmvp
02-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Did anyone watch The River. I didn't, sounds like the ratings weren't good.it was alright. you could blatantly tell though, which ideas/concepts were taken from lost and paranormal activity. it had the same kind of creepy/weird stuff that PA uses.

was it worth the 2 hour premiere? no. is it worth tuning in for the next 6 weeks? probably not.....but it was interesting nonetheless. if you like the paranormal activity kind of stuff, then its an okay to good tv show. its not anything spectacular though.

morsdraconis
02-13-2012, 11:16 PM
Son of a bitch... This is the last season of House... What a bummer... Another of my favorite shows EVER is ending. :(

baseballplyrmvp
02-14-2012, 11:50 PM
this episode of The River is way more intense than last week's episode. damn

cdj
02-20-2012, 08:43 AM
this episode of The River is way more intense than last week's episode. damn

I'm enjoying the show, but basicially LOST + Paranormal Activity + Anaconda = The River. It'll be interesting to see how far they can go with it and if it will spawn knockoffs on other networks.

JBHuskers
02-20-2012, 04:05 PM
So do we have any Sons of Anarchy viewers here? I just finished season 2 and started season 3.

Where Jax's baby is kidnapped and Hale gets killed during the driveby at Halfsack's wake.

Holy shit this is a great show. I might like it more than The Walking Dead actually.

Coach Kernzy
02-21-2012, 09:24 AM
So do we have any Sons of Anarchy viewers here? I just finished season 2 and started season 3.

Where Jax's baby is kidnapped and Hale gets killed during the driveby at Halfsack's wake.

Holy shit this is a great show. I might like it more than The Walking Dead actually.
Yep great show JB, the wife and I are faithful followers of SOA. Never rode a motorcycle nor been in a gang of any kind but the writing in that show is very good. The one season where it's nothing but them looking for Jax's kid is a little slow though, other than that excellent and the latest season may well have been the best yet.

DariusLock
02-21-2012, 09:43 AM
EAstbound and Down was a good season premiere episode. The ending was crazy...

JBHuskers
02-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Yep great show JB, the wife and I are faithful followers of SOA. Never rode a motorcycle nor been in a gang of any kind but the writing in that show is very good. The one season where it's nothing but them looking for Jax's kid is a little slow though, other than that excellent and the latest season may well have been the best yet.

That's where I am at right now is the 3rd season where they're looking for him. Two episodes in.

SmoothPancakes
02-21-2012, 10:06 AM
I've seen one or two episodes here and there on FX, but never really got into it. I saw that it's now on Netflix, so I added it to my instant queue and plan on going through it from beginning to end here sometime.

JBHuskers
02-21-2012, 10:11 AM
I've seen one or two episodes here and there on FX, but never really got into it. I saw that it's now on Netflix, so I added it to my instant queue and plan on going through it from beginning to end here sometime.

Yeah I just started it a few weeks back....got two seasons done quick. Like I said, I almost like it more than The Walking Dead....it's up there at least.

psuexv
02-21-2012, 10:44 AM
EAstbound and Down was a good season premiere episode. The ending was crazy...

I've wanted to watch this show for awhile. I just need to get it downloaded and watch it. All of the clips seem hilarious.

DariusLock
02-21-2012, 01:50 PM
I've wanted to watch this show for awhile. I just need to get it downloaded and watch it. All of the clips seem hilarious.

It's awesome.

gschwendt
02-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Community returns on March 15.
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzq7ghAC271qam3y3o1_500.gif

DariusLock
02-21-2012, 03:13 PM
http://youtu.be/dFVxGRekRSg

Deuce
02-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Anyone watch the Regular Show on Cartoon Network? My daughter was sick the other day so I stayed home with her and we watched cartoons...this show came on and I laughed my ass off. Pretty damn funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
02-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Season 5 of Sons of Anarchy was already green lit. Just announced the other day that seasons 6 & 7 are now green lit also!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NatureBoy
02-23-2012, 10:58 AM
:D Does anyone watch 2 Broke Girls? It's amazing the stuff they get away with on network tv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6pAfUdRVwC0

JBHuskers
02-23-2012, 11:03 AM
The brunette's bare cans are on the net too :up:

DariusLock
02-23-2012, 11:10 AM
That looks pretty funny. I love everything that old black guy is in.

JBHuskers
03-06-2012, 08:46 AM
To no real gigantic surprise, FOX cancels Terra Nova.

Marlowe
03-06-2012, 02:33 PM
To no real gigantic surprise, FOX cancels Terra Nova.

Yea Spielberg isn't doing too hot producing for tv. I imagine The River will be next. Alcatraz & Fringe might be on the chopping block as well.

jaymo76
03-06-2012, 11:56 PM
I was starting to come around on Terra Nova. Maybe HBO or someone will pick it up??? Being a sci-fi fan sucks as our shows never last.

morsdraconis
03-07-2012, 04:10 AM
Being a sci-fi fan sucks as our shows never last.

Yeah, but Terra Nova was horrible.

jaymo76
03-07-2012, 02:42 PM
I tend to agree with you Mors... but I do think it was greatly improving by the end of the season. Personally, I hated the casting decisions.

DariusLock
03-07-2012, 03:25 PM
I liked it. :(

morsdraconis
03-07-2012, 03:55 PM
I shouldn't so it was horrible because I still watched it, but, just like with The Walking Dead, it seemed like the writers didn't know what direction they actually wanted to go with the series. I mean, to make this big deal about the kid's girlfriend getting through and all the stuff of him doing what he was doing to get her through only for her to die was just silly. You don't have two episodes revolving around that only to have the character not mean anything (and the kid to barely care after the initial episode that it happens in).

The writing was just really poor and the last episode was just silly with the dinosaur being sent into the future to kill people. WTF was that?

DariusLock
03-07-2012, 03:57 PM
I think the prob. with TWD is they don't have a set writer. They let diff. people do all the episodes and I think that screws up the flow/direction.

gschwendt
03-08-2012, 04:12 PM
One week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9pAEyPpYn-Q

psuexv
03-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Hell yea bring back Hawkins aka Lennie James! :nod:

I just realized that he was in Snatch :up:

ryby6969
03-10-2012, 06:09 PM
I just started watching The Big Bang Theory. This show is fucking hilarious.

morsdraconis
03-10-2012, 06:19 PM
I just started watching The Big Bang Theory. This show is fucking hilarious.

One of the best shows on TV. How I Met Your Mother is another one if you haven't seen it. I definitely recommend starting from the beginning with both though (if you can). There are SO MANY jokes that reference older episodes (like the Slapbet in How I Met Your Mother).

Kingpin32
03-11-2012, 10:56 PM
One week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9pAEyPpYn-Q

I've been waiting for this to come back on the air.

psuexv
03-12-2012, 10:07 AM
TWD:
yea apparently you don't have to be bitten to come back as a walker. Found this interview with Jon Bernthal about last night's ep.: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/11/jon-bernthal-shane-walking-dead-shocker/

So there's an L.A. Noir show coming on and Frank Darabont is doing it? Awesome

psuexv
03-12-2012, 10:09 AM
TWD:
yea apparently you don't have to be bitten to come back as a walker. Found this interview with Jon Bernthal about last night's ep.: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/11/jon-bernthal-shane-walking-dead-shocker/

So it is something that happens in the comics. Interesting. I will say they didn't do a good job of it in the show. It felt forced and like it was an idea they just came up with. I wonder if this is what the dude at the CDC told Rick?

gschwendt
03-12-2012, 10:25 AM
So there's an L.A. Noir show coming on and Frank Darabont is doing it? AwesomeIt's not based on the game... it's based on a book.
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9094158

psuexv
03-12-2012, 10:34 AM
It's not based on the game... it's based on a book.
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9094158

Yeah I've actually read the book.

morsdraconis
03-19-2012, 07:11 PM
1. Season Two of FALLING SKIES and when it will begin again

June 17th, 2012 according to Wikipedia.

2. Battlestar Galactica Blood and Chrome... is it dead or a go???

Sometime in 2013. As of right now, it's unknown exactly when.

JeffHCross
03-19-2012, 07:32 PM
Season Two of FALLING SKIES and when it will begin againLike Mors said, it's coming back this summer. They're currently replaying the first season's episodes as a lead-up.

psuexv
03-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Like Mors said, it's coming back this summer. They're currently replaying the first season's episodes as a lead-up.

Yeah it's been on TNT a lot. A marathon a couple of weekends ago

jaymo76
03-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Over the last two days my wife and I have watched 8 of the first 10 Game of Thrones episodes from season one. At first this show didn't do much for me but I decided to endulge the wife and watch with her... and... this show is truly excellent. I can't wait for season two!

NatureBoy
04-04-2012, 05:34 PM
CMT Orders Animated Comedy From 'Blue Collar's' Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall and Larry the Cable Guy.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/2012/04/bounty_hunters_cast.jpg

The Viacom-owned cable network announced its first-ever animated project, Bounty Hunters, along with a fun-loving cop reality show Trinity 911 at its upfront at New York’s Museum of Arts & Design this morning.

The former hails from the popular Blue Collar comedy troupe, and will count Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall and Larry the Cable Guy as voices as well as executive producers. The series, which also counts Lisa Lampanelli as a series regular, will feature the Blue Collar trio as they track down fugitives for their own two-bit bounty hunting business in each of the series' 13 half-hour episodes. Lampanelli will voice the part of as tough-as-nails bondwoman who assigns them cases.

Hunters, co-created by Glenn Clements, Ben Levin and Matt Burnett, is being produced by Muse Entertainment and Parallel Entertainment and is set to debut next year. Joel Rice, Michael Prupas andJesse Prupas of Muse Entertainment along with JP Williams andJennifer Novak of Parallel Entertainment and Jayson Dinsmore, Eliot Goldberg and Melanie Moreau of CMT will also serve as executive producers.

For its part, Trinity, a 10-episode unscripted series premiering later this year, will feature the real-life hilarity of a small town police force in Trinity Texas (population 2,656). The Endemol USA-produced project will capture the jovial cops as they do such things as taser each other or attempt a donut-free week mandated by their trainer. Endemol's Greg Johnston is on board as an EP, with Dinsmore and Goldberg joining him as the network.

“We’re in the midst of a bold, new era here at CMT with more record-setting series than ever before,” said Dinsmore, a former NBC reality executive who joined CMT as EVP programming and development a little over a year ago. He was joined by Cheer EPs Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos, one-time Bachelor star Melissa Rycroft and husband Tye Strickland of Melissa & Tye and a performance by The Band Perry.

In his short tenure at the cable network, Dinsmore has launched the net’s two highest rated series ever with Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation, and has ambitious plans to launch several more shows this month. Among them: a second season of Texas Women (April 7), The Singing Bee (April 20), freshman efforts Ryan Seacrest-produced Melissa & Tye and Jennie Garth: A Little Bit Country (both April 20). The network’s annual CMT Music Awards will air live from Nashville June 6.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cmt-larry-the-cable-guy-jeff-foxworthy-bill-engvall-308201

JBHuskers
04-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Some information on season two of American Horror Story... (http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/19/american-horror-story-season-2/)

gschwendt
04-27-2012, 02:43 PM
great Community last night... a Law & Order stylized episode about who murdered a yam experiment

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m348qky9ov1qdjpn8o2_250.gif

gschwendt
05-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Last week's Community was another excellent one. For anyone that hasn't ever seen the show, it was a great "intro" to the show for what to expect from week to week. It's essentially a clip show but like past clip shows from Community, the clips you see are never actual clips from previous episodes, so it's all new content. Anyway, you should check it out...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/359981/community-curriculum-unavailable

JBHuskers
05-16-2012, 12:20 PM
I need to watch season one of Falling Skies before season two starts. Then finish last season's Sons of Anarchy before season five starts. Those are next on my list.

psuexv
05-16-2012, 12:53 PM
I need to watch season one of Falling Skies before season two starts.

:nod: They keep playing the commercials and I can't wait.

JBHuskers
05-16-2012, 12:54 PM
:nod: They keep playing the commercials and I can't wait.

I know....watching the commercials during the NBA Playoffs led me to "obtain" season one of Falling Skies.

JBHuskers
05-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Anyone going to watch Hatfield's and McCoy's on History Channel beginning Monday? I have it set to DVR. Looks really good.

SmoothPancakes
05-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Anyone going to watch Hatfield's and McCoy's on History Channel beginning Monday? I have it set to DVR. Looks really good.

Yep, I've been looking forward to it. They've got quite a list of names in it. Kevin Costner, Bill Paxton, Tom Berenger, Powers Booth, and a number of lesser known, but good, actors.

JBHuskers
05-31-2012, 09:06 AM
Anyone watch the new TBS show Men At Work? I dig it. It's not earth shattering, but it's enjoyable and funny. If it disappears I won't be overly upset, but I will continue to watch.

The 2nd episode, to my suprise, TBS allowed "bullshit" to be said on the show. I think it was the only cuss word that was said on the episode though.

cdj
06-01-2012, 01:18 AM
The 2nd episode, to my suprise, TBS allowed "bullshit" to be said on the show. I think it was the only cuss word that was said on the episode though.

When did you watch/record the episode? IIRC, after 10 PM cable programs can say anything but most keep it at a level to replay shows at all hours.

JBHuskers
06-01-2012, 01:21 AM
When did you watch/record the episode? IIRC, after 10 PM cable programs can say anything but most keep it at a level to replay shows at all hours.

I think the earliest I've seen certain words was 8 cst with TWD. This was at 9:30 for Men At Work. And first I've seen of TBS using it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

KIDZER0918
06-03-2012, 08:58 PM
I watched season one while I was on deployment and just got into season 2. Like you said season 1 started off slow bu once you get invested/caught up with the world you are hooked. The end of season 1 blew my mind! About 3 episodes in on season 2 and it is awesome

psuexv
06-07-2012, 09:45 PM

Caught some of an episode tonight and it's pretty freakin good.

baseballplyrmvp
06-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Falling Skies' 2 hour series premier is tonight

ram29jackson
06-17-2012, 08:28 PM

I only watch the show for the Asian nurse LOL

but its interesting to see how they continue this series.

its just so amazing that the blond with a gun..how her tight black stretch pants continue to stay tight when its the only pair she owns/wears :D

morsdraconis
06-17-2012, 08:45 PM

Can't wait to watch it later!

steelerfan
06-17-2012, 08:46 PM
I only watch the show for the Asian nurse LOL

but its interesting to see how they continue this series.

its just so amazing that the blond with a gun..how her tight black stretch pants continue to stay tight when its the only pair she owns/wears :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N14Y81L4IXE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

ram29jackson
06-17-2012, 08:48 PM

:D stooooop iiiit

SmoothPancakes
06-17-2012, 08:50 PM
:D Nice pull mors.

morsdraconis
06-17-2012, 09:00 PM
:D Nice pull mors.

:smh:

SmoothPancakes
06-17-2012, 09:17 PM
:smh:

:fp:

Fail me. I saw your post above talking about watching the show later tonight and I guess just carried it over into steeler's post without even thinking about it or noticing he made it.

psuexv
06-18-2012, 09:21 AM

Can't wait to watch it later!

Sitting on the DVR, planning on watching it tonight :up:

baseballplyrmvp
06-18-2012, 09:25 AM

http://www.w54.biz/images/smilies/thhitthefan.gif

psuexv
06-18-2012, 09:26 AM

Damn you!!! I want to open the spoiler.

morsdraconis
06-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Damn you!!! I want to open the spoiler.

Same here. I have SO MANY TV shows to get caught up with after being out of town for 3 days.

SmoothPancakes
06-18-2012, 01:14 PM
:D That's a good spoiler.

JBHuskers
06-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Looks like a photo has surfaced from TWD:

http://pic.twitter.com/fZmVcdAJ

SmoothPancakes
06-18-2012, 02:28 PM

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Smilies/smooning_bart_mooning_100-100.gif

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Smilies/e289269.gif

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Smilies/e133272.gif

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Smilies/e133274.gif

JeffHCross
06-18-2012, 10:06 PM
its just so amazing that the blond with a gun..how her tight black stretch pants continue to stay tight when its the only pair she owns/wears :DShhhhhh! Don't ruin it!

morsdraconis
06-19-2012, 04:27 AM
Shhhhhh! Don't ruin it!

I know right? :drool:

I want to say, I'm a bit disappointed with the two hour special for Falling Skies. I expected WAY more interesting things to come from him being on the ship for 3 months. :down:

baseballplyrmvp
06-19-2012, 09:14 AM

I want to say, I'm a bit disappointed with the two hour special for Falling Skies. I expected WAY more interesting things to come from him being on the ship for 3 months. :down:we'll probably find out more in the coming weeks.

psuexv
06-19-2012, 09:53 AM

I want to say, I'm a bit disappointed with the two hour special for Falling Skies. I expected WAY more interesting things to come from him being on the ship for 3 months. :down:

I was kinda disappointed as well. However I don't think he was on the ship for 3 months. I'm assuming just maybe a week or so. Considering when he meet the girl he said he had already been on foot for a couple of weeks. I think most of that 3 months was traveling from Michigan back east.

I will say I thought the 1st hour was way better than the 2nd hour.

IBI
06-19-2012, 10:32 AM
I was kinda disappointed as well. Me too.
They have got to stop putting the one and only indispensable character in these "is he going to live" type of scenes. There's zero suspense when he weaves through a hail of gunfire, gets shot, or gets blown off a bridge. You know that he's alive/going to live, and the actors aren't good enough to portray the "touching" moments of believed loss and then relief that the show is trying to force down our throats. I want to know what's going to happen, because I think the bigger story is interesting, but the moral high ground stuff is really thick.

psuexv
06-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Me too.
They have got to stop putting the one and only indispensable character in these "is he going to live" type of scenes. There's zero suspense when he weaves through a hail of gunfire, gets shot, or gets blown off a bridge. You know that he's alive/going to live, and the actors aren't good enough to portray the "touching" moments of believed loss and then relief that the show is trying to force down our throats. I want to know what's going to happen, because I think the bigger story is interesting, but the moral high ground stuff is really thick.

Absolutely. It's not like the Walking Dead where you actually have a couple of main characters and you honestly don't know who they are going to kill off, even though I'm pretty sure Rick is always safe.

JBHuskers
06-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Yeah I've decided not to start watching it at this time.

psuexv
06-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Yeah I've decided not to start watching it at this time.

Thanks for letting us know.

JBHuskers
06-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Thanks for letting us know.

:up: especially since no one is really gung ho on the season premiere.

ram29jackson
06-19-2012, 03:40 PM
who cares, as long as the Asian nurse is still alive !

JeffHCross
06-19-2012, 10:01 PM
:up: especially since no one is really gung ho on the season premiere.Three people on TGT is now "no one" ;) I enjoyed both hours a lot, actually. Though it helped that I rewatched the first season finale beforehand too. I thought they did a very good job of giving you enough information to wonder more, while wrapping up just enough mysteries to feel like progress was being made.

Me too.
They have got to stop putting the one and only indispensable character in these "is he going to live" type of scenes. There's zero suspense when he weaves through a hail of gunfire, gets shot, or gets blown off a bridge. You know that he's alive/going to live, and the actors aren't good enough to portray the "touching" moments of believed loss and then relief that the show is trying to force down our throats. I want to know what's going to happen, because I think the bigger story is interesting, but the moral high ground stuff is really thick.Especially when they've already shown scenes (in previews) of him being alive that weren't in the first two episodes ... Though I did wonder, for a split second, if he was going to get off that bridge.

Marlowe
06-20-2012, 03:08 PM
anyone watch Breaking Bad or The Killing on here? Or are you all DISH subscribers? :P

JBHuskers
06-20-2012, 03:10 PM
anyone watch Breaking Bad or The Killing on here? Or are you all DISH subscribers? :P

Eventually I want to. They're both on Netflix.

morsdraconis
06-20-2012, 06:07 PM
The Killing here. AMAZING stuff. Not sure the direction of the show now though. Definitely didn't see coming what happened though.

Marlowe
06-20-2012, 06:29 PM
The Killing here. AMAZING stuff. Not sure the direction of the show now though. Definitely didn't see coming what happened though.

Yea I definitely enjoyed it. Been reading some rumblings around the net. Let's hope it gets renewed.

Marlowe
06-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Eventually I want to. They're both on Netflix.

Just finished watching season 4 of Breaking Bad on DVD. Pretty intense and sometimes implausible but even so it definitely keeps you coming back. Final season starts on 7/15. I would suggest dvr if you have the space. Netflix takes too damn long to add new seasons.

JBHuskers
06-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Just finished watching season 4 of Breaking Bad on DVD. Pretty intense and sometimes implausible but even so it definitely keeps you coming back. Final season starts on 7/15. I would suggest dvr if you have the space. Netflix takes too damn long to add new seasons.

It's because they are based on the dvd release for when something TV-wise comes out.

DariusLock
06-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Breaking Bad is awesome.

baseballplyrmvp
06-24-2012, 11:47 PM
damn....falling skies is good

morsdraconis
06-25-2012, 03:38 PM
damn....falling skies is good

It's certainly interesting. Can't believe more people aren't watching it. It's pretty good quality science fiction with a nice collection of semi-good actors.

morsdraconis
06-25-2012, 04:31 PM
AMAZING television show on HBO called The Newsroom. If you aren't watching this show, you are missing out on GOLD.

JBHuskers
06-25-2012, 04:44 PM
AMAZING television show on HBO called The Newsroom. If you aren't watching this show, you are missing out on GOLD.

I've heard about this. Unfortunately I don't get HBO.

Kingpin32
06-25-2012, 04:53 PM
White Collar starts back up on the 10th. Anybody here watch it?

gschwendt
06-25-2012, 04:55 PM
White Collar starts back up on the 10th. Anybody here watch it?
Yes. I watch most of the USA shows... the only ones I haven't watched are the ones they've just recently been putting out (Necessary Roughness, Suits, & whatever that cop show is).

Kingpin32
06-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Yes. I watch most of the USA shows... the only ones I haven't watched are the ones they've just recently been putting out (Necessary Roughness, Suits, & whatever that cop show is).
Suits and Necessary Roughness are pretty good. I've only seen 1 episode of the cop show, so I don't really know much about it.

morsdraconis
06-25-2012, 05:35 PM
FYI, the whole first episode of The Newsroom is on Youtube (posted by HBO themselves):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U4ZhFDFYvE

gschwendt
06-26-2012, 10:08 AM
So Directv has a new series that they're about to start showing called Hit & Miss. It looks like it's about a hit-woman that has kids, sort of a Leon: The Professional type TV show. So I decided to look more into it...

Apparently, the main character is played by a chick, but she's actually a dude that became a transvestite but before he did that, he knocked up some woman so now he/she/it has a kid that he/she/it has to raise.

I'm undecided if I'll watch it or not.

gschwendt
06-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Here's a couple of trailers for Hit & Miss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqW0lfa0hBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JIlHda25KE

JBHuskers
06-26-2012, 10:27 AM
FYI, the whole first episode of The Newsroom is on Youtube (posted by HBO themselves):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U4ZhFDFYvE

Thanks! I will watch this soon. I've heard good things about it. They said the ratings were okay. About 2M viewers.

IBI
06-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Watched my DVRed Sunday night shows last night.

Falling Skies continues to be what it has been, so I won't continue to beat a dead horse and bitch about a show that I get about 90% enjoyment and 10% frustration because I think that it could be much better.

The Newsroom was very good. Very interesting. I'm not sure if it will eventually be one of those shows that start out with a good premise, but turns into an hour long sermon about this or that. So far, so good, and I'll continue to watch throughout the first few sermons, because HBO has earned some benefit of the doubt with their original series.

Also getting caught up on the second season of Boardwalk Empire. Diggin' it, so far.

morsdraconis
06-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Falling Skies continues to be what it has been, so I won't continue to beat a dead horse and bitch about a show that I get about 90% enjoyment and 10% frustration because I think that it could be much better.

I'd be interested to hear what your complaints are. I have some of my own, but they are pretty minor outside of the fact that I don't think the creators of the show really know what they want to do with the aliens yet.

The Newsroom was very good. Very interesting. I'm not sure if it will eventually be one of those shows that start out with a good premise, but turns into an hour long sermon about this or that. So far, so good, and I'll continue to watch throughout the first few sermons, because HBO has earned some benefit of the doubt with their original series.

It's created by Aaron Sorkin. The guy who wrote A Few Good Men, The American President, The West Wing, The Social Network, and Moneyball. I can guarantee you this, it'll be good for, at the very least, 3 seasons and it's going to be the best damn television he's ever done because he's finally on a network that will let him go as far as he wants as well as the premise of the show is going to allow them to do so many wonderful things since it's set 2 years ago and using current events of that time as their basis for the show's news reporting which, btw, is BRILLIANT of them to do.

Also getting caught up on the second season of Boardwalk Empire. Diggin' it, so far.

The second season just ruined that show for me. Not sure exactly where they are wanting to go with it.

JBHuskers
06-26-2012, 12:37 PM
A show I didn't think would stick with me, but has been getting better is TBS's Men At Work. Breckin Meyer has done a good job creating a pretty good comedy.

baseballplyrmvp
07-01-2012, 02:33 PM
for anyone who likes watching the deadliest catch/swamp people type of shows, SHARK WRANGLERS is on tonight, on the history channel at 10.

souljahbill
07-01-2012, 03:31 PM

I watched the series premiere. No lie, show's really good. Series is now set to record. The cool thing about the show is that they use real news stories so they can potentially never run out of material.

psuexv
07-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Last season of Weeds started this week(at least it's supposed to be the last season). 1st episode wasn't bad. Hopefully it gets back to being good for a final go after 2 disappointing seasons.

JBHuskers
07-03-2012, 10:08 AM
After losing interest in Falling Skies, you guys are talking me back into it. I still have to watch the first season yet though.

morsdraconis
07-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Last night's episode had some interesting things happen in it. More information on how the aliens operate and such.

JBHuskers
07-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Watched Anger Management the other night. It wasn't bad. Not earth shattering, but not terrible either. I'll probably stick with it.

skipwondah33
07-03-2012, 11:46 AM
A show I didn't think would stick with me, but has been getting better is TBS's Men At Work. Breckin Meyer has done a good job creating a pretty good comedy.I haven't caught up on my DVR for it. Think I'm on the 2nd episode but I was interested in the build up of the show so set the series to record. Probably will watch them all tomorrow.

Watched Anger Management the other night. It wasn't bad. Not earth shattering, but not terrible either. I'll probably stick with it.I enjoyed it, it's not "2 and a half.." which I really liked but I did think the first episode was funny.

Really looking forward to the next Burn Notice. Caught the lastest episode last week on DVR. And of course Franklin & Bash.

During the NBA playoffs I watched an episode of Falling Skies, then watched the next one after but hadn't watched it previously or continued watching. Made me wish I would have started watching from when the series started.

SmoothPancakes
07-04-2012, 12:24 PM
It's created by Aaron Sorkin. The guy who wrote A Few Good Men, The American President, The West Wing, The Social Network, and Moneyball. I can guarantee you this, it'll be good for, at the very least, 3 seasons and it's going to be the best damn television he's ever done because he's finally on a network that will let him go as far as he wants as well as the premise of the show is going to allow them to do so many wonderful things since it's set 2 years ago and using current events of that time as their basis for the show's news reporting which, btw, is BRILLIANT of them to do.

Well, it's coming back for at least a second season. I was reading last night's rag, there was a small clip back in the entertainment section, Newsroom has been green lit for a second season, after only two episodes. They said despite mixed reviews, it had a healthy audience for it's premiere with over 2.1 million viewers.

Marlowe
07-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Breaking Bad Season 5 clip

*contains spoilers*

http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/videos/sneak-peek-episode-501-breaking-bad-live-free-or-die

JeffHCross
07-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Finally had a chance to check out the Pilot of Homeland for free On-Demand. Definitely going to pick that up on Blu-ray and check it out at some point.

SmoothPancakes
07-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Finally had a chance to check out the Pilot of Homeland for free On-Demand. Definitely going to pick that up on Blu-ray and check it out at some point.

I've been wanting to check out Homeland for a while. Damn not having HBO and Showtime. Miss out on all the good shows and have to hope they show up on Netflix or something or get a chance to preview them before putting the money down for the Blu-ray or DVD sets.

JeffHCross
07-04-2012, 02:52 PM
It's edited, but you can watch it here for free: http://www.sho.com/sho/homeland/season/1/episode/1#/index