PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 Caddy Improvement Thread

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2011, 02:13 AM
At JB's request, here's the thread for everyone to discuss the caddy feature that was introduced in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12, and what issues we all may have noticed from our time playing the game, and what we would like to see worked on, added, removed, or changed in order to improve the caddy feature in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13.

JBHuskers
06-12-2011, 12:50 PM
:up: thank you!

psuexv
06-13-2011, 09:25 AM
#1 - the caddy seems to suggest worse shots as you move up on course mastery.
#2 - Sometimes his shots are completely offline ala the pic I posted where he wanted me to skip it through the water
#3 - Have him compensate for the wind - don't take the wind completely out of the game
#4 - Have different modes of caddy - one mode if you want him to show you the shot to hit, one mode if you just want course/shot information - example "you're sitting 180 yards out, it's slightly uphill so let's club down to a 7 iron.. etc"
#5 - His putting reads are terrible. I've had a "green" read and focused it down to the size of a dime and I still have missed. Yes some I've mishit but some I've hit right on and those should go in

psuexv
06-20-2011, 08:21 AM
F&@# you you stupid goddamn worthless ass caddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::b ang::bang::bang::bang:http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/e133152.gifhttp://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/e133153.gif

lol

SmoothPancakes
06-20-2011, 08:29 AM
:D

That worthless as hell caddy was enough to finally make me shelve TW12 for right now and go back to NBA 2K11, even though I've been rolling with TW12 nonstop for the past two weeks. It wasn't even regular Road to the Masters play. I have mastered every single Masters Moment except for the Gene Sarazen double eagle. I have wasted over two hours of my life on that damn moment, replaying it at least 200 times, and this stupid worthless caddy has actually given me ANY advice, maybe 30 frickin' times. The caddy is a great feature, if EA had hired someone other than the damn Scarecrow to be the caddy. Somebody, ANYBODY with actual brains.

I'm still planning on getting my TGA rounds in tonight with Nat if he's online, but besides that, as far as I'm concerned, TW12 is on the shelf for at least the rest of this week. That stupid ass caddy has pissed me off enough.

skipwondah33
06-20-2011, 10:09 AM
I cannot stand the caddy. I've been solid in every Tiger Woods version I have played...except this one. Not that to two are of any relation but I don't like the caddy feature :D

ryby6969
06-20-2011, 11:06 AM
I don't think I have ever used one of the caddie's shots. I alway customise it to how I feel it should be. I think the caddie should not give you a shot to hit. I think it should be like "E" said and gives you distance to the hole, how far up or down the hole is in comparison to you, and maybe the layout of the green as far as slope and whatnot around the hole. To me, that would be much more realistic than the way it is now.

psuexv
06-23-2011, 01:42 PM
Along the lines with the post in the patch thread about the commentary, I've noticed the caddy, especially on putting will say "it's straight in, just aim past the hole" but is suggestion has you aiming off to one side and you truly do need to play a break. Or "aim one cup to the right" and it's at least 4 or 5. I understand he's not going to be right on, but I expect his suggestion to match his commentary.