PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 12 Demo Full Details Announced

Paakaa10
06-08-2011, 06:40 PM
According to the EA SPORTS NCAA Football Twitter account, the NCAA Football 12 demo will be available for download on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on Tuesday, June 28th.

EDIT:

NCAA Football 12 Demo Details USTREAM (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=173157446079074)

Tuesday, June 21st at 1pm ET, we will sit down with the NCAA Football 12 Community to announce the details of the Demo.

What else you will see:

- Showcase you the demo exactly as it will appear on your console on June 28th.

- Giveaway: NCAA Football 12 poster Autographed by Mark Ingram

- Q&A about the Demo and Road to Glory with the Dev team.

EDIT:
The EA SPORTS UStream on the NCAA Football 12 demo just revealed the following details of what will be in the demo when it is released next Tuesday, June 28th:

#5 Oregon Ducks at #22 Texas Longhorns
#2 Alabama Crimson Tide at #10 Florida State Seminoles
Sharing the demo with friends will unlock five Nike Pro Combat uniforms in the full retail version of NCAA Football 12.
Live Tuner packs will be available to tune the demo based upon feedback from the community.
Two minute quarter lengths in the demo. Weather is locked. Difficulty can be changed.
Can only play at Texas and at Florida State for the match-ups. Time of day is locked for each match-up as well. Oregon at Texas is a night game in fair weather conditions. Alabama at Florida State is a day game also in fair weather conditions.

cdj
06-08-2011, 06:50 PM
The demo will contain two match-ups and allow users to unlock five 2010 Nike Pro-Combat uniforms (Miami, West Virginia, Florida, Oregon State, Alabama) for use in the retail version of the game. [The other five 2010 Nike Pro-Combat uniforms - Boise State, TCU, Ohio State, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech - will be available at launch for EB Games/GameStop pre-orders and made accessible for all later in the year.]

The match-ups within the demo have not been announced.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?454-NCAA-Football-12-Demo-Available-June-28

th3 last tiger
06-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Iowa is a lock to be in the Demo!

They aren't

beartide06
06-08-2011, 06:56 PM
20 long days. I'll have the game by then lol.

hook me up my man haha. 3 weeks is too long of a wait for the demo compared to last year. I wonder what the match ups wills be? I was thinking Florida and Alabama and then maybe West Virginia and Oregon State since Miami was in last years to play.

I OU a Beatn
06-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Ugh. That's a good thing and a bad thing.

morsdraconis
06-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Holy shit, WVU is actually gonna be in the demo? Damn, now I will have to play it!

Hustleman
06-08-2011, 07:27 PM
I wish we got it sooner, but glad we have a date for the demo now!

jaymo76
06-08-2011, 07:47 PM
That sucks!!!! The 28th??? :down::down::down:

Paakaa10
06-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Holy shit, WVU is actually gonna be in the demo? Damn, now I will have to play it!

No teams have been confirmed for the demo yet; the only West Virginia connection we're aware of right now is that playing--and presumably "sharing"--the demo will unlock five Pro Combat uniforms in the full game, and WVU's jersey is in that group of five.

morsdraconis
06-08-2011, 08:07 PM
No teams have been confirmed for the demo yet; the only West Virginia connection we're aware of right now is that playing--and presumably "sharing"--the demo will unlock five Pro Combat uniforms in the full game, and WVU's jersey is in that group of five.

Oh. I misread it. Well that sucks. Nevermind then.

Rudy
06-08-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm glad the demo is out later. I think releasing a demo too soon can be counter productive. Two weeks before release is perfect and if a later demo means a more polished demo that better represents the final product I'll be happy.

Tarhead10
06-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Wow this is a bummer.. I was hoping it was going to be next week, like the month before release we got last year.... I was so ready to play this game...

Jayrah
06-08-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm glad the demo is out later. I think releasing a demo too soon can be counter productive. Two weeks before release is perfect and if a later demo means a more polished demo that better represents the final product I'll be happy.

It doesn't mean anything from that standpoint. The demo was released several weeks ago and hasn't been touched. Its just a date thing that has nothing to do with how polished of a demo it is :)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Jayrah
06-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Wow this is a bummer.. I was hoping it was going to be next week, like the month before release we got last year.... I was so ready to play this game...

Yup and we were able to TEAR IT UP for that entire month before we realized not all the issues transferred to retail. A couple did but most of the major ones had already been resolved.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

JeffHCross
06-08-2011, 10:42 PM
It doesn't mean anything from that standpoint. The demo was released several weeks ago and hasn't been touched. Its just a date thing that has nothing to do with how polished of a demo it is :)Yes, and no. The demo was branched off from main development at some earlier date, yes. But if that date was two weeks later than it was last year (since, I believe, the demo will be two weeks later this year than last), then that could indicate it will be closer to the retail version. Theoretically, at least.

Paakaa10
06-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Some early information about tuner sets and the demo from Christian McLeod of OperationSports based on a conversation he had with Ben Haumiller:

rudyjuly2: @Bumble14_OS Thanks for all your thoughts on NCAA 12. Any info on how the tuning packs will work this year?

Bumble14_OS: @rudyjuly2 Tuning will be similar to last year, can't select like NHL. Was told by Ben that demo will also be tuned based on feedback.

Paakaa10: @Bumble14_OS Meaning that the NCAA demo itself may be tuned once it's out? Similar to what happened with FIGHT NIGHT Champion?

Bumble14_OS: @Paakaa10 Yes sir. Exactly

Jayrah
06-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Yes, and no. The demo was branched off from main development at some earlier date, yes. But if that date was two weeks later than it was last year (since, I believe, the demo will be two weeks later this year than last), then that could indicate it will be closer to the retail version. Theoretically, at least.

Ok that makes sense.

Jayrah
06-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Some early information about tuner sets and the demo from Christian McLeod of OperationSports based on a conversation he had with Ben Haumiller:

Why on earth would you care to tune the demo?

SmoothPancakes
06-09-2011, 12:14 AM
Why on earth would you care to tune the demo?

To get an idea, depending on how close the demo is to the actual retail version, of what tuning changes will need to be made to the retail version when it hits the shelves, so they can get those problems tuned and corrected right away instead of having the community bitch about it for a month before they are able to get the data collected and the changes made and get a tuning set out the door.

Take for example, the defensive line. If the defensive line stuff has not been changed at all since the time the demo as split off from the retail version, then if there are changes that the community sees and tells EA needs to be made regarding the pass rush or something, they can tune that stuff in the demo and see what will be needed to replicate that corrected level of the retail version and get a tuning set out maybe on release day or release week to correct that issue right away.

Jayrah
06-09-2011, 12:24 AM
To get an idea, depending on how close the demo is to the actual retail version, of what tuning changes will need to be made to the retail version when it hits the shelves, so they can get those problems tuned and corrected right away instead of having the community bitch about it for a month before they are able to get the data collected and the changes made and get a tuning set out the door.

Take for example, the defensive line. If the defensive line stuff has not been changed at all since the time the demo as split off from the retail version, then if there are changes that the community sees and tells EA needs to be made regarding the pass rush or something, they can tune that stuff in the demo and see what will be needed to replicate that corrected level of the retail version and get a tuning set out maybe on release day or release week to correct that issue right away.

I mean for the time available. If they had released the demo another week or so out this would have been very helpful, but tuning the demo will be limited with only 2 weeks available.

SmoothPancakes
06-09-2011, 12:46 AM
I mean for the time available. If they had released the demo another week or so out this would have been very helpful, but tuning the demo will be limited with only 2 weeks available.

Yeah, I thought about that exact same thing, just didn't take the time to edit in another paragraph. :D

I agree though, if it was a month between the demo and retail release like usual it would be perfect for helping find things needed to be tuned and tweaked, more so than in two weeks. Granted, who knows, between the hardcore communities like us, the game changers, the community day guys, etc, two weeks may still be enough time to get an idea of things that need to be tweaked and tuned.

Rudy
06-09-2011, 05:17 AM
Very cool that the demo can be tuned.

iBrandon
06-09-2011, 09:03 AM
Very cool that the demo can be tuned.

Yeah it is, would have worked better if we had the demo sooner than 2 weeks before release.

AustinWolv
06-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Getting bored with the circle jerk hype over Pro Combats, why do people nut over them?

iBrandon
06-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Getting bored with the circle jerk hype over Pro Combats, why do people nut over them?

I know people like different things, but I have no idea why people get excited over pro combat uniforms.

morsdraconis
06-09-2011, 11:36 AM

Well, I'm happy that WVU's are in because they look badass and I might actually use them. Before that, I didn't care one way or another because I never used them because I never used any of the teams that had them.

SmoothPancakes
06-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Well, I'm happy that WVU's are in because they look badass and I might actually use them. Before that, I didn't care one way or another because I never used them because I never used any of the teams that had them.

I was the same way. They were always for teams that I never used. However, this year with Coaching Carousel, I do want them, because I have absolutely no clue where I am going to end up and what schools I am going to coach for throughout my CC career, so I may very well end up at one of these schools, and would love to have the opportunity to use the Pro Combats for special games or certain games of the season.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
06-09-2011, 02:48 PM
as far as i knew as of 2004 NCAA series didnt sell in Europe... only Madden... did this change recently?

"E"

SmoothPancakes
06-09-2011, 02:49 PM
As far as I know, it doesn't. There is no PAL version of NCAA, just NTSC.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
06-09-2011, 02:53 PM
yeah was curious by the comments for "overseas markets" for NCAA shipping... just wanted to make sure i was still in the know on that one...

"E"

steelerfan
06-09-2011, 05:05 PM
There is no NCAA in Europe.

xMrHitStickx904
06-09-2011, 06:06 PM
There is no NCAA in Europe, I'm aware of this. However, the game is shipped to "American" stores in Europe, Asia etc. Any NEX, or other store that sell American games get these shipments of games. I know this because I bought NCAA 2009 from an Italian store called the "Panoramic" and it was NTSC and worked perfect for my 360. Bought it the day it released in America.

iBrandon
06-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Err! On the main forum page I saw the thread - "NCAA Demo..." then below it said last poster was "details" i thought it was a new thread with NCAA Demo Details... =/

Details
06-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Err! On the main forum page I saw the thread - "NCAA Demo..." then below it said last poster was "details" i thought it was a new thread with NCAA Demo Details... =/

LOL

It happens.

iBrandon
06-13-2011, 11:33 AM
LOL

It happens.

I blame you for my exciteness.

AustinWolv
06-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Exaggerate much...lol you are not gonna get car jacked or shot in Newark trying to get a video game i get all my games anywhere from 3-7 days early in newark its 3 stores downtown that get the games early.

So you going to hook up those of us who want the game early? :)

illwill10
06-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Demo Details 6/21
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=173157446079074

Paakaa10
06-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Demo Details 6/21
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=173157446079074

To elaborate on this, from the Facebook event page:

Tuesday, June 21st at 1pm ET, we will sit down with the NCAA Football 12 Community to announce the details of the Demo.

What else you will see:

- Showcase you the demo exactly as it will appear on your console on June 28th.

- Giveaway: NCAA Football 12 poster Autographed by Mark Ingram

- Q&A about the Demo and Road to Glory with the Dev team.

souljahbill
06-16-2011, 04:42 PM
For some reason, I'm not a fan of this year's marketing. Every bit of info is turned into a big event. UStream for demo details? 1 billion likes on Facebook for a new video? Another billion followers on Twitter for some info? A thousand Q&A sessions that answer the same general questions that can be answered if you read the blog or legit questions that are answered vaguely? Going dark until "info week" where they dropped 5 blogs in 5 days? Everything about this year's marketing campaign feels "corporate." I know all marketing campaigns are like that but last year, it appeared to be low-key and "real" then this year's "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" campaign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paakaa10
06-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Every bit of info is turned into a big event. UStream for demo details?

I'd rather have the UStream event with actual footage of the demo to go with the release of the details than a short, nondescript blog plainly stating that information. Hard to turn down video footage at this point in the pre-release cycle.

1 billion likes on Facebook for a new video? Another billion followers on Twitter for some info?

Welcome to the era of social media; now companies measure "impressions" of their products which can be tracked through data. A key way to do this is to count the number of "likes" on Facebook or "followers" on Twitter. It might not be a golden age of advertising or marketing, but this is where the social media revolution has led us; sad to say this, but I think we're all going to have to get used to it.

A thousand Q&A sessions that answer the same general questions that can be answered if you read the blog or legit questions that are answered vaguely?

The problem with Q&A sessions is that--as is fairly clear from the questions selected to be answered--they're really focused on people who are casual fans of the game. The person who checks a site like this one every day is probably not the key target of a Q&A session; you have ways to get this information without sitting through a Q&A.

Going dark until "info week" where they dropped 5 blogs in 5 days?

Madden NFL 12's marketing plan has gone the same way this year, except all of the blogs on a given topic are uploaded on a single given day. It's hard to measure the flow of information when it's a yearly development cycle and some people are jonesing for news on next year's game as soon as they've booted up this year's. I would rather have "info weeks" spread out through the pre-release time period than have too much or too little information far from the release date.

MC1
06-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Let The Countdown Begin!

souljahbill
06-16-2011, 05:07 PM
I'd rather have the UStream event with actual footage of the demo to go with the release of the details than a short, nondescript blog plainly stating that information. Hard to turn down video footage at this point in the pre-release cycle.

Welcome to the era of social media; now companies measure "impressions" of their products which can be tracked through data. A key way to do this is to count the number of "likes" on Facebook or "followers" on Twitter. It might not be a golden age of advertising or marketing, but this is where the social media revolution has led us; sad to say this, but I think we're all going to have to get used to it.

The problem with Q&A sessions is that--as is fairly clear from the questions selected to be answered--they're really focused on people who are casual fans of the game. The person who checks a site like this one every day is probably not the key target of a Q&A session; you have ways to get this information without sitting through a Q&A.

Madden NFL 12's marketing plan has gone the same way this year, except all of the blogs on a given topic are uploaded on a single given day. It's hard to measure the flow of information when it's a yearly development cycle and some people are jonesing for news on next year's game as soon as they've booted up this year's. I would rather have "info weeks" spread out through the pre-release time period than have too much or too little information far from the release date.

I understand why they did/do everything they did/do. I'm just a fan of it. Take the blog issue. Last year, it would've been 5 blogs over 5 weeks. That gave the community an entire week to discuss that blog, pros and cons, and get more feedback. Take the "new blocking" blog from last year. We got the blog and we got a video comparing '11 to '10. After reading the blog and watching the video, we could all see that it was improved and we had an entire week for it to be dissected and discussed. This year, it was a blitz. Before we could digest one thing, we got hit with another.

I'm never against any video footage but we could get that in an short, nondescript blog just as easily. Here are your matchups, your options, what it unlocks, and whatever nuggets they want to add in. Making an appointment to be on UStream for info on a demo seems like a lot of overkill. Because you can do something doesn't mean you should. I'm not angry or mad or anything. I just don't like how the marketing campaign went this year compared to last year.

Paakaa10
06-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Because you can do something doesn't mean you should. I'm not angry or mad or anything. I just don't like how the marketing campaign went this year compared to last year.

On some points I'm in agreement with you with regards to how I feel about the marketing and advertisement; I guess one of the points of my prior message was that whether or not you were a fan of how the game was handled this year versus how NCAA Football 11 was marketed, you're more likely to see NCAA Football 13 marketed the same way that NCAA Football 12 is being marketed when the cycle begins anew next year. A large part of this is due to the social media options and companies wanting to take advantage of those opportunities to get their products out there.

iBrandon
06-17-2011, 08:41 AM
I don't like the way they are giving out information, but I understand it. I manily don't like the process because these "event's" are done during most peoples work hours.

Geauxlden
06-17-2011, 09:01 AM
I'm not a fan of this year's marketing either. I understand that they want more "likes" and followers, but I think those numbers would be greater if they were actually using Facebook and Twitter to release new info on a regular basis. I think they could easily grow their numbers by releasing screens of every team's impact players (each wearing a different uniform combo if possible) each day until release day. They could count it down from worst to first. Or show a quarter of game play for each of the trophy-earning rivalry games that way you're attracting fans from 2 different schools each day. I'm not a marketing expert obviously but I think there are other ways to promote the game and still reach their social media objectives.

gschwendt
06-17-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm not a fan of this year's marketing either. I understand that they want more "likes" and followers, but I think those numbers would be greater if they were actually using Facebook and Twitter to release new info on a regular basis. I think they could easily grow their numbers by releasing screens of every team's impact players (each wearing a different uniform combo if possible) each day until release day. They could count it down from worst to first. Or show a quarter of game play for each of the trophy-earning rivalry games that way you're attracting fans from 2 different schools each day. I'm not a marketing expert obviously but I think there are other ways to promote the game and still reach their social media objectives.
While I think it's a really great idea and would really get behind it, I can see them not liking the idea because there are certain qualifications that they try to take into consideration in every screenshot they release. To release 360 images would probably take someone a dedicated week just to capture the images at best. Unless of course you just captured them in the "Edit Player" window but then people will complain that they're not using the in-game engine to capture images.

Geauxlden
06-17-2011, 10:12 AM
I understand that what I suggest may not be feasible but my overall point is that more released content using the social networks will increase the numbers, not holding content hostage until you reach a magic number. " Build it and they will come".

Paakaa10
06-17-2011, 10:33 AM
I manily don't like the process because these "event's" are done during most peoples work hours.

Well, most of the community/social media people probably work day hours; I'd guess that's why this is the way it is.

I don't think you want a UStream event hosted by a guy who has been developing the game for 10 hours of the day already and has a cot ready under his desk so that he doesn't have to bother going home when he's too tired to code anymore haha.

JBHuskers
06-17-2011, 10:39 AM
The first disc has arrived to Tiburon!

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/263727_10150214871512280_90440037279_7092191_71205 71_n.jpg

mtoo22
06-17-2011, 10:46 AM
And here....we....go.

Deuce
06-17-2011, 11:05 AM
The first disc has arrived to Tiburon!

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/263727_10150214871512280_90440037279_7092191_71205 71_n.jpg

Can I have that? ;)

iBrandon
06-17-2011, 11:16 AM
Well, most of the community/social media people probably work day hours; I'd guess that's why this is the way it is.

I don't think you want a UStream event hosted by a guy who has been developing the game for 10 hours of the day already and has a cot ready under his desk so that he doesn't have to bother going home when he's too tired to code anymore haha.

Good points and I didn't even think about.

I want that NCAA disk.

Rudy
06-17-2011, 03:52 PM
The new marketing is all a big part of Peter Moore's vision that social media and online gaming is where it's at. Moore isn't interested in any offline only game anymore and thinks free-to-play models, digital distribution, and all this new stuff will take over everything.

PeteyKirch
06-18-2011, 07:41 AM
While I think it's a really great idea and would really get behind it, I can see them not liking the idea because there are certain qualifications that they try to take into consideration in every screenshot they release. To release 360 images would probably take someone a dedicated week just to capture the images at best. Unless of course you just captured them in the "Edit Player" window but then people will complain that they're not using the in-game engine to capture images.

It wouldn't take that long, 120 teams, 60 games, you could capture the pictures no more than a few minutes into each game.

Details
06-18-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm ready for the demo. The 28th will be a holiday.

:)

xMrHitStickx904
06-18-2011, 10:37 AM
it won't be long now..

JBHuskers
06-18-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm ready for the demo. The 28th will be a holiday.

:)

Gonna be quite the busy day around here I'm guessing. :nod:

razorback44
06-19-2011, 02:00 AM
Sorry if it's already been asked but are you guys going to be getting the game early again like last year? I think being able to bounce questions off of you guys was the single best way ever to get through the agonizingly slow crawl of the days up until release day.

morsdraconis
06-19-2011, 05:33 AM
Sorry if it's already been asked but are you guys going to be getting the game early again like last year? I think being able to bounce questions off of you guys was the single best way ever to get through the agonizingly slow crawl of the days up until release day.

It actually hasn't been asked and that's a very good question and I completely agree.

gschwendt
06-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Wish we could say.

JBHuskers
06-19-2011, 01:54 PM

We'll know probably the day before it shows up in our mailbox. Until then it's up to when they're (meaning the retail games) ready to go.

souljahbill
06-19-2011, 02:33 PM
If they need information on injuries and treatment, I'll whore myself out for next year. :D

Cipher 8
06-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Are we going to get a taste of RTG and maybe Dynasty, a small taste, in the demo? Or is it just going to be play now, two matchups.

Paakaa10
06-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Are we going to get a taste of RTG and maybe Dynasty, a small taste, in the demo? Or is it just going to be play now, two matchups.

Based on past history with the football game demos, expecting anything outside of "Play Now" style match-ups is probably expecting too much. The demo file sizes are pretty big anyway without considering the space that even a sample of Road to Glory or Dynasty would add to the download.

SmoothPancakes
06-20-2011, 01:23 PM
Based on past history with the football game demos, expecting anything outside of "Play Now" style match-ups is probably expecting too much. The demo file sizes are pretty big anyway without considering the space that even a sample of Road to Glory or Dynasty would add to the download.

Yeah, pretty much, not a chance. And it's not just football game demos. The NBA 2K series, MLB 2K series, NHL series, NCAA Football, Madden, etc, all allow you to only play a Play Now game on the demos and don't give you any access to the other game modes besides info screens.

razorback44
06-20-2011, 03:11 PM
We'll know probably the day before it shows up in our mailbox. Until then it's up to when they're (meaning the retail games) ready to go.

Thanks, hopefully you get it in time to entertain us for a few days again. http://razorbacktalk.com/board/Smileys/default/Fingers_Crossed_emoticon.gif

Rudy
06-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Yeah, pretty much, not a chance. And it's not just football game demos. The NBA 2K series, MLB 2K series, NHL series, NCAA Football, Madden, etc, all allow you to only play a Play Now game on the demos and don't give you any access to the other game modes besides info screens.

Some game demos are definitely crappy than others. 2K tends to go crappy and only provides a default difficulty (one that's too low) and strips all commentary. The Show does it the best as you can adjust almost everything - difficulty and sliders plus you get commentary.

cdj
06-20-2011, 07:22 PM
EA SPORTS has posted a blog reminder about tomorrow's uStream event (http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog/demo-ustream-event).

The demo for NCAA Football 12 drops next week and to prepare you for the occasion we’re rolling out 60 minutes of live streaming video full of info, insight and answers to your biggest questions.

Head to Ustream.tv/EASPORTSLIVE (http://www.ustream.tv/easportslive) at 10AM PT/1PM ET Tuesday June 20 and if you get there on time and behave you’ll get to sneak a peek at Road to Glory. That mode is going to surprise a lot of people. As far as the demo goes, you’ll have a chance to learn about the teams, modes and other inside info directly from the game makers themselves. Set your alarm and be there live.

psusnoop
06-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Nice thanks for the heads up CDJ. I'll be tuning in at work perfect timing!

Rudy
06-20-2011, 07:44 PM
I believe last year we got to choose the difficulty levels for the demo. About the only real things to announce tomorrow with regards to the demo are the teams and the minutes per quarter. I'd be stunned if EA let us play with with sliders or other modes. I would love something longer than two minutes per quarter but I'm not holding my breath.

psusnoop
06-20-2011, 07:55 PM
I expect the same Rudy, hoping for more but think it will be close to what we are used to lately.

xMrHitStickx904
06-20-2011, 08:07 PM
Think they mean June 21st though lol. But it should be a good watch though. Still holding out hope for a traditional option team, or at least some flexbone formations.

PeteyKirch
06-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Well one good thing is that the roster makers will be able to complete at the minimum 2 teams when we get to see the depth charts in the demo.

psusnoop
06-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Under 10 till this goes live, figured I'd bump up

Paakaa10
06-21-2011, 12:00 PM
The EA SPORTS UStream on the NCAA Football 12 demo just revealed the following details of what will be in the demo when it is released next Tuesday, June 28th:

Oregon Ducks at Texas Longhorns
Alabama Crimson Tide at Florida State Seminoles

psusnoop
06-21-2011, 12:01 PM
LOL nice update Paakaa I deleted my Dup.

Paakaa10
06-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Sharing the demo with friends will unlock five Nike Pro Combat uniforms in the full retail version of NCAA Football 12.

Paakaa10
06-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Live Tuner packs will be available to tune the demo based upon feedback from the community.

Paakaa10
06-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Two minute quarter lengths in the demo. Weather is locked. Difficulty can be changed.

Paakaa10
06-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Can only play at Texas and at Florida State for the match-ups. Time of day is locked for each match-up as well.

gschwendt
06-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Honestly I'm quite disappointed with the demo news... maybe I had my hopes up too high but I was hoping for full 5 minute quarters and had a long shot hope of allowing us to play it online against an opponent (then they could just remove that capability a week after launch).

Tarhead10
06-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Honestly I'm quite disappointed with the demo news... maybe I had my hopes up too high but I was hoping for full 5 minute quarters and had a long shot hope of allowing us to play it online against an opponent (then they could just remove that capability a week after launch).

I agree 100%.... Why can they not let us have 5 min qtrs??? Cant be that much of difference than 2....

iBrandon
06-21-2011, 12:16 PM

I agree. I didn't expect it, but I sure was hoping we would get 5 minute quarters and being able to play online.

CoreySA
06-21-2011, 12:22 PM
I'll admit the quarter length is a tad disappointing, but the live tuner sets and difficulty select is ok in my books. Didn't really expect online going into the news today, and there is only a 2 week wait until the retail copy so it'll hold me off for now.

texacotea
06-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Oregons offense looks like it can move the ball against a user. Alot of negative yards

I OU a Beatn
06-21-2011, 12:32 PM
I've always thought the "demo" should be a "beta" and that they should give us online access to play other people. That's where the issues usually are anyway, but oh well. I'll take what I can get and I am pleased they included Oregon. I'm anxious to check out just how improved shotgun running is.

beartide06
06-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Yeah I'd say I'm a bit disappointed that it's not 5 min quarters, but then again it never has been and I wasn't really expecting them to change that trend. I'm excited that Alabama is in it, but wish we could have more time so we could actually run an offense.

beartide06
06-21-2011, 12:58 PM
And another thing, the first thing they can "tune" in the demo based on community feedback is the quarter length hahaha :D

steelerfan
Honestly I'm quite disappointed with the demo news... maybe I had my hopes up too high but I was hoping for full 5 minute quarters.

I agree 100%.

2-minute quarters don't allow for anything but hurry-up offense. You can't possibly get any idea of what the game is like under those conditions.

IMO, the tuners won't matter either with everyone running hurry-up. I don't like this at all.

Oh well, the full game will be out soon enough.

AustinWolv
but wish we could have more time so we could actually run an offense.
That is consistently my thought with the 2min demo quarters every year, so you just have to play to mess with the playbook, not to win. Even then, the CPU goes in pass-attack mode since there isn't much time on the clock so the running game on both sides of the ball is always a bit of a question mark to me until retail hits.

xMrHitStickx904
06-21-2011, 01:10 PM
yeah, it's only 20 days until it hits stores, so 2 min quarters isn't bad. Having Oregon is a nice add for the spread no-huddle though.

MtneerManiac
06-21-2011, 01:20 PM
I don't get it. Are WVU's pro combat uniforms not even in the game this year? It wasn't a pre order bonus and it's not unlockable for the demo.

This is bullshit.

Tarhead10
06-21-2011, 01:20 PM
After watching the live stream demo looks good, however too much passing going on because of short qtrs to even see any effective running going on.. Also they need to tune if they can a QB running sideways and backwards and still hitting his RB in the flats on the other side of field, like in the Bama and FSU game... terrible

Paakaa10
06-21-2011, 01:21 PM
I don't get it. Are WVU's pro combat uniforms not even in the game this year? It wasn't a pre order bonus and it's not unlockable for the demo.

This is bullshit.

It was said in the UStream that WVU's Pro Combat uniforms are in the retail game by default. No demo sharing or GameStop pre-ordering necessary.

MtneerManiac
06-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Thank you, sir.

Tarhead10
06-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Hey Paakaa did they say at the end of the stream that they were going to release some more gameplay vids??

cdj
06-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Hey Paakaa did they say at the end of the stream that they were going to release some more gameplay vids??

We will be getting a 'Quick Clip' later today showing the new Game Track presentation feature.

JBHuskers
06-21-2011, 01:47 PM
The key thing to remember on a demo is it's not for the hardcore guys like on this site. As great as it would be to extend a demo to five minute quarters, their main target for the demo is the casual crowd.

psusnoop
06-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Yea I was hoping for longer gameplay as well, 2 minutes like stated before hand is just to short and makes the CPU go all pass happy. I guess I'll get a good chance to try out some coverages against the CPU though :D

beartide06
06-21-2011, 02:05 PM
I would think even the casual gamer would want more gameplay than 2 minutes. It's too short to experience anything besides passing. I know a few people who are considered "casual" and they even said that's too short. But there isn't much we can do but just enjoy what we have.

Tarhead10
06-21-2011, 02:07 PM
We will be getting a 'Quick Clip' later today showing the new Game Track presentation feature.

Oh ok.... Thanks man

Gotmadskillzson
06-21-2011, 02:45 PM
The glaring thing I noticed from the video and all videos I have seen honestly, was that spread teams still can't run the ball out of the shotgun. In the latest ustream, every running attempt out of the shotgun by Oregon was a 5 yard lost. Every read option play was a 5 yard lost as well. Also seen the cpu RB run into tackles way too much instead of trying to avoid tackles.

Ball carrier vision logic needs to be fixed. Instead of running into a group of people, they need to be cutting it to the outside if there is wide open space. Seems like they just pick one running lane and just stay in it no matter what is going on.

Also gunners on punt coverage still get down the field way too fast. Looks like special teams haven't been touched at all since 09.

kindella2
06-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Perhaps the best thing this year is that I only get 2 days to play the demo then i have to go outta town for a wedding then vacation...i get back on the 10th. I will prolly suffer through Monday then leave early on Tuesday to grab the game and not speak to anyone for the rest of the day.

Paakaa10
06-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Based on the images just uploaded to the NCAA 12 Information Central (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?332-NCAA-12-Information-Central) page here, it looks like there are screens of Oregon versus Texas during the day and Alabama versus Florida State at night. It may be that time of day is variable in the demo, since the Oregon-Texas game on the UStream was a night game and the Alabama-Florida State game was a day game. What appears to be certain is that the only pre-game setting which can be tweaked by the player is the Difficulty Level.

Tarhead10
06-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Based on the images just uploaded to the NCAA 12 Information Central (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?332-NCAA-12-Information-Central) page here, it looks like there are screens of Oregon versus Texas during the day and Alabama versus Florida State at night. It may be that time of day is variable in the demo, since the Oregon-Texas game on the UStream was a night game and the Alabama-Florida State game was a day game. What appears to be certain is that the only pre-game setting which can be tweaked by the player is the Difficulty Level.

Where did these shots come from??.... Cause in the Ustream demo Alabama's facemask were still white looking and in these the screenshots they are fixed...

iBrandon
06-21-2011, 03:24 PM
The key thing to remember on a demo is it's not for the hardcore guys like on this site. As great as it would be to extend a demo to five minute quarters, their main target for the demo is the casual crowd.

I don't know about that. I don't think the casual gamer players 2 minute quarters when they play, the casual gamer probably plays 5 minute quarters. Didn't Madden demo have 5 minute quarters last year? There is really no way to defend EA on the 2 minute quarter issue. It's just way too short.

Plus, didn't Fight Night Champions have online play with their demo? If we are going to have Live Tuners, it would make sense to be able to try out online and fix some of the problems. It seems like that would help out EA.

Either way, it's just a demo. I'll download it, play it, have fun with it until the retail game is released.

JBHuskers
06-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Yeah exactly, it's just a demo....it's to get people that aren't already going to buy the game to buy it. It's to get them to try it out. We have relayed feedback that they should be 5-minute quarters...and hopefully next year things change.

Paakaa10
06-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Where did these shots come from??.... Cause in the Ustream demo Alabama's facemask were still white looking and in these the screenshots they are fixed...

I don't know specifically where the images came from; I'm assuming that cdj, gschwendt, or JBHuskers found them and uploaded them. I can say that as of my last time hands-on with the game in mid-May, Alabama's facemask seemed to be the correct color.

Rudy
06-21-2011, 03:59 PM
2 minute quarters do suck but I didn't expect anything else. The demo is the same as last year but with only two games to pick instead of four.

If you really want to have a real football experience you will have to try and get it to OT and then play a more relaxed football game with no clock. Don't try to win your demo game - you should try for a tie to get to OT.

beartide06
06-21-2011, 04:19 PM
2 minute quarters do suck but I didn't expect anything else. The demo is the same as last year but with only two games to pick instead of four.

If you really want to have a real football experience you will have to try and get it to OT and then play a more relaxed football game with no clock. Don't try to win your demo game - you should try for a tie to get to OT.

Precisely what I was thinking rudy lol. I will try and drag my game to OT every time and then drag it to as many OT's as possible so I can have as much gameplay as possible. Oh, does anyone know if after a game you can just choose and option to "rematch?" That would be clutch and so much easier than going all the way back to the menu.

Paakaa10
06-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Oh, does anyone know if after a game you can just choose and option to "rematch?" That would be clutch and so much easier than going all the way back to the menu.

Unfortunately, it looks like the answer is no.

http://pursuitofperfection10.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/demopostgame.png

beartide06
06-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Ah well, that is OK. That is something they should implement in next years demo. It would make that 2 min. quarters deal not so bad lol.

Paakaa10
06-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Ah well, that is OK. That is something they should implement in next years demo. It would make that 2 min. quarters deal not so bad lol.

I think I understand why a "Rematch" option isn't there; when you have a demo, there is a lot of information about the game that gets put on the loading screens. Thus, the more loading that the demo does, the more information you get out to the player. It's frustrating for the player because all we want to do is play the damn game with as little fuss as possible haha; but it helps to serve an informative role for people who might not follow the game on forums or on the official site and thus don't know much about the game when they first install the demo.

beartide06
06-21-2011, 05:18 PM
I think I understand why a "Rematch" option isn't there; when you have a demo, there is a lot of information about the game that gets put on the loading screens. Thus, the more loading that the demo does, the more information you get out to the player. It's frustrating for the player because all we want to do is play the damn game with as little fuss as possible haha; but it helps to serve an informative role for people who might not follow the game on forums or on the official site and thus don't know much about the game when they first install the demo.

That is very true. It is more of a marketing standpoint. Not too many demos involving sports have replay or rematch options and I suppose that is the reason why. They could always have a small loading screen after you hit the rematch I suppose though. I say I want the rematch option now, but I will probably be reading the loading screens a lot anyways haha.

jaymo76
06-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Dissapointing... after making us wait two extra weeks I was hoping we would be treated to something special like design a custom playbook. :(

Deuce
06-21-2011, 06:43 PM
I guess this is why I really don't play the demo that much. 2 minutes/qtr is just not conducive to my type of play (run heavy). I'll play a couple of game and get the pro combat unis but that'll be it. But honestly, the demo is a waste of a download for me...I'm buying the game regardless. :)

JBHuskers
06-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Dissapointing... after making us wait two extra weeks I was hoping we would be treated to something special like design a custom playbook. :(

We're just getting to the time of year where everything is out, and people hope for the world every time EA broadcasts something. Imagine if EVERYTHING was released all at once like people wanted (and what has happened in the past). This feeling would last even much longer than just 3-4 weeks like now.

OSUCowboyofMD
06-21-2011, 07:05 PM
WRONG BAND PLACEMENT FOR TEXAS! did they even look at our band thread? i know this might not be a huge deal, but im a presentation junkie!

Rudy
06-21-2011, 07:20 PM

I know NBA 2K10 or 11 had an enormous amount of pre-demo crap that annoyed me so much I didn't even bother playing more than one game of the demo.

I'll say it again - MLB The Show does a demo better than anyone. Of course their demo was 3 freaking GB this year! But it had commentary, multiple difficulty options AND access to every slider. It was 4 innings AND gave you the option for a rematch so you didn't have to reload it. I guess the only complaint was that their were only two teams but that's not a big issue for a baseball game. It's a bigger deal for a college football game where you want to see different styles. Game one I'm taking Oregon and running the read option.

xMrHitStickx904
06-22-2011, 02:27 AM

This.

ram29jackson
06-22-2011, 02:34 AM
For some reason, I'm not a fan of this year's marketing. Every bit of info is turned into a big event. UStream for demo details? 1 billion likes on Facebook for a new video? Another billion followers on Twitter for some info? A thousand Q&A sessions that answer the same general questions that can be answered if you read the blog or legit questions that are answered vaguely? Going dark until "info week" where they dropped 5 blogs in 5 days? Everything about this year's marketing campaign feels "corporate." I know all marketing campaigns are like that but last year, it appeared to be low-key and "real" then this year's "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" campaign.

maybe just another way to see how internet interest relates to over all sales....?

cdj
06-22-2011, 10:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMixfSo5eG8

rhombic21
06-22-2011, 10:44 AM
5 min quarters and/or online play would have been epic.

Anybody know how close the demo is to the retail version? I know that in the past there have been some important differences between the two.

Paakaa10
06-22-2011, 10:48 AM
Anybody know how close the demo is to the retail version? I know that in the past there have been some important differences between the two.

Last year there was a blog released on the title site detailing things that had changed between when the demo code was "locked in" and when the final code for the retail disc was wrapped up. Hopefully we'll get something similar to that this year, though I don't have any inside information on whether that's the plan or not.

I tried to do a search on Twitter just now to find a message I saw back when the "demo team" split off from the main team to get the demo finished, but I can't get it at the moment. Unless I can turn it up, unfortunately I won't have anything to pass along.

JBHuskers
06-22-2011, 11:22 AM
The demo is more of a stripped down version too in most cases. As to this year, I don't know the exact differences from demo to retail.

razorback44
06-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Is there a way to watch a replay of yesterday's ustream demo?

gschwendt
06-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Is there a way to watch a replay of yesterday's ustream demo?
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/15528104

razorback44
06-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Thanks! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Drinks/drinking-43.gif

Rudy
06-22-2011, 09:01 PM
I was playing a bit with Oregon this morning and I threw a pass where my WR was open by quite a bit only to see a zone LB warp over, super jump in the air, tip it and then return the tip for a pick 6. I shut the game off at that point. I've read good things about this from the CD guys so I really hope I don't see this crap in the demo. I'm looking forward to being able to put some touch on passes and put the ball between defenders. Seeing a super jump and swat on a play where a WR is wide open can be very frustrating.

EDJ
06-22-2011, 10:48 PM
It's disappointing to hear how ineffective running out of Shotgun has appeared in previews. I will have to dedicate more I-formation plays to my custom playbook I guess to help balance out any inabilities to run. Hopefully the Oregon playbook will represent the running game good enough to give me hope Shotgun works properly. If only EA would give lineman wider splits in the spread looks to open up the lanes a bit more, and tighten them up in base sets for the power aspect.

Rudy
06-25-2011, 05:16 AM
I really hope they consider letting us tweak sliders for the demo next year. Many people tweak sliders and it's going to be hard to make a true judgment on how this game will be based on a demo (as usual). The EA guys said they will monitor feedback and possibly provide a tuning pack based on the demo. But how good is that when all we can play are the default levels? Most people stay away from Heisman and yet find default AA too easy. I'm normally an AA guy but I never play on AA default. The cpu running game on default AA is usually terrible and QB accuracy for both teams is usually too high.

When I get the demo on Tuesday I'm looking forward to seeing the new momentum/tackling system, seeing improved zone coverage and seeing if the cpu QBs scramble. But I won't be able to make any good judgments on how well the cpu can run the ball, spread or not, based on the default difficulties. I expect them to be lousy and won't really know how the game will be until I get the retail copy.

I know asking for adjustable sliders is only something MLB the Show has done in a demo but I can't imagine opening up those options adds much size to the demo. What is the great fear about allowing us to adjust sliders in a demo? Why not give us this option? And if EA truly wants to monitor feedback on the game they should provide this. Steelerfan always used his sliders for CD games. He wasn't forced to offer opinions on the default difficulty only.

Details
06-26-2011, 09:45 PM
We're so close. Tomorrow night will be rough.

SmoothPancakes
06-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Meh. I've got so many other games that I playing and working on, I doubt I'll even bother going into the demo section on my dashboard and actually download the demo before 8 or 9pm Tuesday night at the earliest.

morsdraconis
06-26-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm seriously not even going to play the demo (unless there's a HUGE uproar from the community about shit or something).

Details
06-26-2011, 11:01 PM
I'm seriously not even going to play the demo (unless there's a HUGE uproar from the community about shit or something).

Why wouldn't you play the demo?

SmoothPancakes
06-27-2011, 12:03 AM

I'm going to download it, but only to get the pro combat uniforms. No other reason really.

Why wouldn't you play the demo?

Because it's four two minute quarters, which means you can't even do a damn thing besides two minute offense. And which means you'll never see the run and a conventional offense from the CPU because they'll be instantly running the two minute offense. Plus, we're all getting the game on release day anyways, so it's not like the demo is going to be something that just HAS to be played.

I'm getting the game on release day, but I really don't care at all about the demo. It doesn't have anything on it regarding Road to Glory, or Dynasty mode, or Coach mode, or Coaching Carousel, etc. I'm going to be playing the CPU every time I play my dynasty. So I really couldn't give a damn about playing the CPU in a some short, BS two minute drill demo games.

I'm playing to get all the pro combat uniforms unlocked so I'll have them available if I should happen to end up in a job at one of those schools in my coaching carousel dynasty, and that's it. As I said a couple posts ago, I have so many other games to play (between NBA 2K11, Tiger Woods 12, dicking around in MW2 and Black Ops with a group of friends, and still have to get back into for the first time since May 16th and finish off Assassin's Creed Brotherhood) that it's not worth my time to play beyond a couple games to get the pro combats.

Like I said, I'm going to get PLENTY of gameplay time against the CPU, so no point in spending (and in my opinion, wasting) more time than necessary getting the pro combats going up against the CPU in BS game set up and restrictions that the demo forces you under.

morsdraconis
06-27-2011, 12:25 AM
Because it's four two minute quarters, which means you can't even do a damn thing besides two minute offense. And which means you'll never see the run and a conventional offense from the CPU because they'll be instantly running the two minute offense. Plus, we're all getting the game on release day anyways, so it's not like the demo is going to be something that just HAS to be played.

I'm getting the game on release day, but I really don't care at all about the demo. It doesn't have anything on it regarding Road to Glory, or Dynasty mode, or Coach mode, or Coaching Carousel, etc. I'm going to be playing the CPU every time I play my dynasty. So I really couldn't give a damn about playing the CPU in a some short, BS two minute drill demo games.

I'm playing to get all the pro combat uniforms unlocked so I'll have them available if I should happen to end up in a job at one of those schools in my coaching carousel dynasty, and that's it. As I said a couple posts ago, I have so many other games to play (between NBA 2K11, Tiger Woods 12, dicking around in MW2 and Black Ops with a group of friends, and still have to get back into for the first time since May 16th and finish off Assassin's Creed Brotherhood) that it's not worth my time to play beyond a couple games to get the pro combats.

Like I said, I'm going to get PLENTY of gameplay time against the CPU, so no point in spending (and in my opinion, wasting) more time than necessary getting the pro combats going up against the CPU in BS game set up and restrictions that the demo forces you under.

All of that is exactly me as well (minus the MW2, Tiger Woods 12, and Assassin's Creed playing ;) ).

I barely even touched the demo last year because I knew I was getting the game early and it's gonna be the same way this year as well so what's the point of wasting my time with it?

I'm going to download it, but only to get the pro combat uniforms. No other reason really.

I'm not even gonna waste my time downloading it (again, unless there's a HUGE uproar from the community about something). It doesn't include the one Pro Combat uniform I care about (WVU's) so I'm really not all that worried about it since the only other one that I even liked was TCU's and I don't plan on ever being a coach there so that's not a big deal either.

ram29jackson
06-27-2011, 12:36 AM
yep, maybe just for uni's

xMrHitStickx904
06-27-2011, 01:31 AM
I for one, will be downloading it. Just for football purposes, and to check out some playbooks to pull some formations from. I still have my fingers crossed on getting this game early, but for now, I'm dl'ing the demo. I not familiar with PSN update times, when does the store update?

I OU a Beatn
06-27-2011, 02:16 AM
I'll be downloading it the second it's available and doing my very best the next two weeks to break it as much as I can. If they've improved zone to the point that it can be used to at least mix things up, I'll be happy.

Store updates on Tuesday afternoon anywhere between 5PM EST and 9PM EST. It's really, really sporadic. Usually around 7PM EST on average.

oweb26
06-27-2011, 05:46 AM
Wow you ps3 users have to wait really late 360 normally updates sometime in the morning.

psusnoop
06-27-2011, 07:15 AM
I for one, will be downloading it. Just for football purposes, and to check out some playbooks to pull some formations from. I still have my fingers crossed on getting this game early, but for now, I'm dl'ing the demo. I not familiar with PSN update times, when does the store update?

I'll be downloading it as well, I have always enjoyed getting a feel for the game. What little bit there is. It also just adds to the excitement for me showing just how close we are to having the new game.

accfsu34
06-27-2011, 07:26 AM
I cant wait to download the demo, it gives me a 2 week head start on playing with my Noles.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
06-27-2011, 10:04 AM
I cant wait to download the demo, it gives me a 2 week head start on playing with my Noles.

yeah makes a big difference in wanting to play the demo when your favorite team is in... i would download it and try it either way, but that sweetens the pot that much more for me to have the Ducks and their playbook to see any upgrades to their offense...

"E"

AustinWolv
06-27-2011, 10:43 AM
I'll be downloading it as well, I have always enjoyed getting a feel for the game. What little bit there is. It also just adds to the excitement for me showing just how close we are to having the new game.

Just that little taste of crack to get you wanting a LOT more!

I'll be trying out the demo and seeing what changes occurred, especially in the zone defense stuff, returns, and running out of shotgun, but I won't be non-stop on it as I have a ton of other games to burn through.

xMrHitStickx904
06-27-2011, 11:34 AM
I may have to just DL it on my 360 instead of waiting until 7pm for it on PS3 lol.

psusnoop
06-27-2011, 11:37 AM
I may have to just DL it on my 360 instead of waiting until 7pm for it on PS3 lol.

LOL that is funny :D:D

Details
06-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Playing the demo lets you experience the new tackling collision system. That alone is worth the download. I would rank that ahead of uniforms.

SmoothPancakes
06-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Playing the demo lets you experience the new tackling collision system. That alone is worth the download. I would rank that ahead of uniforms.

And you'll get to experience it a whole lot in the retail game. :P

Details
06-27-2011, 12:43 PM
And you'll get to experience it a whole lot in the retail game. :P

Yeah. Two weeks from now.

iBrandon
06-27-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm downloading the demo, I always do. It gives me a feel of the gameplay and scratches that football itch. I couldn't care less about uniforms.

I'll probably try get up a little earlier in the morning and download the demo so I can try it before I head out to work.

I OU a Beatn
06-27-2011, 01:04 PM
I thought Live updates were on Wednesday?

xMrHitStickx904
06-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Nah, XBL updates are around 8 AM tuesday. But you can "push" the demo to your system around 6 AM.

iBrandon
06-27-2011, 01:24 PM
I thought Live updates were on Wednesday?

Not sure on everything, but I've always been able to get the demo early in the morning (Tuesday) on Live. I think they start updating around 4 am EST.

SmoothPancakes
06-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Yeah. Two weeks from now.

I am a very, VERY patient person. Trust me, waiting two weeks is absolutely nothing to me. I've waited a whole hell of a lot, lot longer of time on something a hell of a lot more exciting than a video game. So I think I'll manage this time. Plus, as I stated in my other post, I have over a half dozen games that I am currently playing and rotating between regularly/constantly, that even if I were to download the demo for something more than just the pro combat uniforms, I doubt I'd play it more than a day or two before deleting it off my hard drive to make room for other stuff.

I OU a Beatn
06-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I'm excited for NCAA '12, but the two weeks wont hurt me a bit. The 3 months until Gears 3 comes out is probably going to, though. :D

Daywalker86
06-27-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm downloading the demo, I always do. It gives me a feel of the gameplay and scratches that football itch. I couldn't care less about uniforms.

I'll probably try get up a little earlier in the morning and download the demo so I can try it before I head out to work.

Yes I can play this off as wanting to get to work a little early instead of my starving football appetite haha

oweb26
06-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I'm excited for NCAA '12, but the two weeks wont hurt me a bit. The 3 months until Gears 3 comes out is probably going to, though. :D

The 4 months until RAGE is going to kill me. LOL

morsdraconis
06-27-2011, 04:46 PM
The 4 months until RAGE is going to kill me. LOL

+1million

Fuck Gears, fuck CoD, and fuck BF3, RAGE is where it's gonna be at.

:up:

beartide06
06-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Anybody know approximately what time the demo will release. Oh and skyrim is going to be solid in the fall too!

Justin66
06-28-2011, 01:59 AM
doesent xbox update at 2 ctrl

JBHuskers
06-28-2011, 02:05 AM
doesent xbox update at 2 ctrl

Think it's closer to 4 or 5am.

Justin66
06-28-2011, 02:09 AM
Think it's closer to 4 or 5am.

gota while to stay up then

gschwendt
06-28-2011, 07:43 AM
For the PS3 guys, something to note is that today the Uncharted 3 PS+ Beta also goes live. That is both positive and negative. Positive because you can follow @Naughty_Dog on twitter and they'll post when the PS Store has been updated... negative because while you're trying to download the NCAA demo, there is also going to be millions more trying to download the Uncharted 3 beta at the same time.

psusnoop
06-28-2011, 08:06 AM
For the PS3 guys, something to note is that today the Uncharted 3 PS+ Beta also goes live. That is both positive and negative. Positive because you can follow @Naughty_Dog on twitter and they'll post when the PS Store has been updated... negative because while you're trying to download the NCAA demo, there is also going to be millions more trying to download the Uncharted 3 beta at the same time.

Boo, this stinks. :D