PDA

View Full Version : Custom Conference Planning and Ideas

Pig Bomb
05-20-2011, 03:55 PM
I've started working on my custom conference ideas based on a few rules and ideas. {See next post for my current list}

1] If your conference name has a number in it, then that is how many damn teams you have in your conference!

2] All the current conferences must remain. No deleting conferences to create a bunch of mega conferences.

I've also tried to improve conferences whenever possible, promote rivalries [both traditional and regional], and reduce travel whenever possible.

I also only considered football for conference alignment and NOT the impact these changes would have in other sports ie... basketball

anyway..here goes..

Pig Bomb
05-20-2011, 03:56 PM
ACC
Duke
NC State
North Carolina
Wake Forest
Maryland

Virginia
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
South Carolina
Clemson
-----------------------------

Big 12
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
SMU
Rice
Baylor
LSU

Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
TCU
Arkansas
Houston

Big Ten
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue
Wisconsin

Big East
Connecticut
Rutgers
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
Temple
Buffalo
Northwestern
Marshall
ECU

C-USA
Memphis
Notre Dame
Navy
Army
Boston College
Northern Illinois
Western Kentucky
Iowa State
Cincinnati
Louisville

Mountain West
Air Force
UNLV
New Mexico
New Mexico State
Utah
Nebraska

Colorado State
Colorado
Kansas
Kansas State
Missouri
Wyoming

Pac-10
UCLA
USC
BYU
Washington
Oregon
Oregon State
California
Stanford
Boise State
Fresno State

Sun Belt
Arkansas State
Louisiana-Lafayette
Louisiana-Monroe
Louisiana Tech
Tulane
Tulsa
UTEP
North Texas

Middle Tennessee
Troy
Southern Miss
UAB
South Florida
FIU
Florida Atlantic
UCF

WAC
Nevada
San Jose State
Hawaii
Utah State
Washington State
Idaho
San Diego State
Arizona
Arizona State

SEC
Auburn
Alabama
Mississippi State
Ole Miss
Vanderbilt
Miami

Florida
Georgia
Tennessee
Kentucky
Florida State
Georgia Tech

MAC
Akron
Ball State
Bowling Green
Central Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Kent State
Miami University
Ohio
Toledo
Western Michigan

ram29jackson
05-20-2011, 05:24 PM
I would only worry about 1 or 2 conf-. I dont think i'll remap the whole thing haha

poor little Washingtom state will probably get shoved to the WAC

ND, Army, Navy, belong in the BIG

PeteyKirch
05-20-2011, 06:29 PM
I'll be making an All Eastern Football Super-conference

PSU
Pittsburgh
Rutgers
Syracuse
BC
Maryland
UConn
Army
Navy
Temple

Or something along those lines.

Or I would add Rutgers and Pittsburgh to the Big 10.

souljahbill
05-20-2011, 06:32 PM
I started jotting down some ideas about how I want to do my conferences. Once I know that you still need to swap out teams to add a teambuilder team, I'll be able to finalize my 10 12-team conferences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Death
05-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Big 12
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
SMU
Rice
Baylor
LSU

Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
TCU
Arkansas
Houston

I think I am going to make the Big XII this way... it's sort of a nod to the Southwest Conference, but also keeping things somewhat relative to what the Big XII has been since it formed.

Big XII North:

:Kansas:
:Kansas_State:
:Missouri:
:Oklahoma:
:Oklahoma_State:
:TCU:

Big XII South:

:Baylor:
:Houston:
:SMU:
:Texas:
:Texas_A&M:
:Texas_Tech:

I'll keep the constant rivalry between :Texas: and :Oklahoma: as well :Missouri: and :Kansas: and hopefully will be able to create/add more rivalry games and IF Arrowhead Stadium is in that's where the Championship Game will be played.

Iowa State will either go to the C-USA or Mtn West. Then again, I may go hog wild and re-do all the conferences, but for now, the Big XII is my main focus and I feel the above divisions would create some exciting football.

ram29jackson
05-22-2011, 09:19 PM
:)cute job there with the team logos mr Fancy-pants :D

Dr Death
05-22-2011, 09:46 PM
:)cute job there with the team logos mr Fancy-pants :D

I am a very visual person... the logo's help to imagine the conferences better. To me, anyway!

ram29jackson
05-22-2011, 10:02 PM
I am a very visual person... the logo's help to imagine the conferences better. To me, anyway!

last I checked, all men are visual. Why do you think I took the time to compliment you on it? haha

Dr Death
05-22-2011, 11:07 PM
last I checked, all men are visual. Why do you think I took the time to compliment you on it? haha

I figured the post was too long-winded for you... :D So I'm just happy you read it! And now... looking at that South Conference... Baylor needs to go. I need another team for the Big XII South... any ideas? And I'm not interested in Arkansas because I'll probably leave the SEC alone.

I could maybe add :Notre_Dame: to the North and move :TCU: to the South and then Baylor could go to C-USA... so much time to sort these things out... can't wait for the 12th!

steelerfan
05-23-2011, 01:37 AM
Pig Bomb, don't forget that the Pac-10 is now the Pac-12. By your rules, you need 12 teams there. :nod:

Pig Bomb
05-23-2011, 08:49 AM
Pig Bomb, don't forget that the Pac-10 is now the Pac-12. By your rules, you need 12 teams there. :nod:

oh ya!!!! sweet... forgot about that

baseballplyrmvp
05-23-2011, 09:04 AM
hawaii could be moved to the pac12, since they're rivals with fresno state, boise state, and byu.

BPHusker
05-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Nebraska in the Mountain West?? LOL!

Pig Bomb
05-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Nebraska in the Mountain West?? LOL!

leave my BIG 12 and see what happens!! ha! :)

Pig Bomb
05-23-2011, 02:37 PM
OK...based on the confirmation that you can't delete a conference in the game [all of them must be kept alive with a minimum of 4 teams] I am working on a new version of NCAA football set up like euro-soccer leagues

We will have 5 conferences with 12 teams [these are major conferences and the only teams eiligible for a BCS title shot] = 60 teams
then we'll have 6 conferences with 10 temas each...these are "minor" conferences = 60 teams
no independents

i will also make these conferences regionally based groups

for a minor conf team the idea is to win or do well enough in a minor conference in order to get invited up to a major conference, and thus a shot at winning it all!

at the same time...if your school is crappy every year in a major conference you are "going down" to a minor conference!

Majors
12 Team Conferences

ACC
Big 12
Big Ten
Pac-12
SEC

Minors
10 Team Conferences [possibly bigger depending on how it all plays out]

Big East [can earn invote to ACC]
C-USA [can earn invite to Big 12]
MAC [can earn invite to Big10]
Mountain West [can earn invite to Pac-12]
Sun Belt [can earn invite to SEC]
WAC [can earn invite to Pac-12]

now off to decide who goes where!

souljahbill
05-23-2011, 04:58 PM
This is for my custom Teambuilder dynasty. Ball State got the axe.

PAC-12
North
1. Washington
2. Washington St.
3. Oregon
4. Oregon St.
5. Boise St.
6. Idaho
South
7. Cal
8. Stanford
9. Fresno St.
10. San Jose St.
11. Nevada
12. UNLV

WAC
West
1. USC
2. UCLA
3. San Diego St.
4. Hawaii
5. Hawaii Tech (Teambuilder)
6. Arizona St.
East
7. Arizona
8. Utah
9. Utah St.
10. BYU
11. New Mexico
12. New Mexico St.

MWC
North
1. Iowa
2. Iowa St.
3. Wyoming
4. Minnesota
5. Nebraska
6. Colorado St.
South
7. Colorado
8. Oklahoma
9. Oklahoma St.
10. Tulsa
11. Kansas
12. Kansas St.

Big 10
1. Texas
2. Texas Tech
3. Texas A&M
4. North Texas
5. TCU
6. SMU
7. Rice
8. Houston
9. Baylor
10. UTEP

Big 12
East
1. Alabama
2. Auburn
3. UAB
4. Troy
5. Mississippi St.
6. Southern Miss
West
7. Ole Miss
8. LSU
9. Tulane
10. LA Tech
11. UL-Lafayette
12. UL-Monroe

SEC
1. Georgia
2. Georgia Tech
3. Florida
4. Florida St.
5. Miami
6. USF
7. UCF
8. FIU
9. FAU

Sunbelt
1. Missouri
2. Arkansas
3. Arkansas St.
4. Tennessee
5. Middle Tennessee St.
6. Memphis
7. Vanderbilt
8. South Carolina
9. Clemson

C-USA
1. Kentucky
2. Louisville
3. Western Kentucky
4. Illinois
5. Northern Illinois
6. Northwestern
7. Indiana
8. Purdue
9. Notre Dame
10. Wisconsin

MAC
North
1. Michigan
2. Michigan St.
3. Eastern Michigan
4. Central Michigan
5. Western Michigan
6. Toledo
7. Bowling Green
South
8. Akron
9. Kent St.
10. Ohio
11. Ohio St.
12. Cincinnatti
13. Miami (OH)

ACC
1. North Carolina
2. North Carolina St.
3. Duke
4. Wake Forest
5. East Carolina
6. Virginia
7. Virginia Tech
8. West Virginia
9. Marshall

Big East
1. Boston College
2. UConn
3. Syracuse
4. Buffalo
5. Rutgers
6. Penn St
7. Pittsburgh
8. Temple
9. Maryland

Independents
1. Army
2. Navy
3. Air Force

morsdraconis
05-23-2011, 09:54 PM

Wow, that's an amazing setup. I might actually steal this from you when the time comes for me to restart my own Teambuilder dynasty (and inject my two Connecticut based teams into the Big East in place of Temple and Buffalo since they have rivalry games with Boston College and Maryland along with themselves).

The rise of the Saint Augustus Monarchs will begin again in NCAA 12!

steelerfan
05-23-2011, 10:00 PM
We will have 5 conferences with 12 teams [these are major conferences and the only teams eiligible for a BCS title shot] = 60 teams

then we'll have 6 conferences with 10 temas each...these are "minor" conferences = 60 teams
no independents

Pig Bomb, don't forget, you have to have at least 1 Independent. ;)

Pig Bomb
05-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Pig Bomb, don't forget, you have to have at least 1 Independent. ;)

damn!

well i really like what souljahbill has going on here.... hmmmmm

more food for thought!

on to plan C

steelerfan
05-23-2011, 10:19 PM
damn!

well i really like what souljahbill has going on here.... hmmmmm

more food for thought!

on to plan C

:D

Dr Death
05-23-2011, 11:10 PM

West
7. Southern Miss
8. LSU
9. Tulane
10. LA Tech
11. UL-Lafayette
12. UL-Monroe

Wow! :LSU: fans would love you! Talk about no competition... They should win the West every year from here to eternity!

UNOMavs
05-24-2011, 12:55 AM
Hey, I was bumming around here for NCAA 12 info, found this thread, and got inspired. Tell me what you guys think!

ACC
Atlantic
Clemson
Delaware (Replaces FIU)
Georgia Tech
Maryland
Navy
South Carolina

Coastal
Duke
North Carolina
NC State
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest

Big 10/New SWC
Baylor
Houston
North Texas
Rice
SMU
TCU
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
UTEP

Big 12
North
Michigan
Michigan St.
Minnesota
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Wisconsin

South
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Ohio St.
Penn St.
Purdue

Yearly Rivalries
Michigan-Ohio St.
Minnesota-Iowa
Notre Dame-Purdue
Wisconsin-Penn St.
Northwestern-Illinois
Michigan St.-Indiana

Big East
Army
Boston College
Connecticut
Pitt
Rutgers
Syracuse
Temple
West Virginia

C-USA/Metro Conference
Cincinnati
ECU
Florida State
Louisville
Memphis
Miami-FL
Southern Miss
Tulsa
UCF
USF

Based loosely off of this:
http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/columns/kevinmcneill/050911.htm

MAC
East
Akron
Kent State
Marshall
Miami
Ohio
Youngstown St. (replaces Eastern Michigan)

West
Ball St.
Bowling Green
Central Mich.
N. Illinois
Toledo
Western Mich.

Mountain West
Rockies
Air Force
BYU
Colorado
Colorado St.
Utah
Utah St.
Wyoming

Plains
Iowa St.
Kansas
Kansas St.
Missouri
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St.

Pac-12
North
Boise St.
Idaho
Oregon
Oregon St.
Washington
Washington St.

South
Arizona
Arizona St.
Cal
Stanford
USC
UCLA

SEC
East
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

West
Alabama
Arkansas
LSU
Mississippi
Mississippi St.
Tulane

Yearly rivalries
Alabama-Auburn
LSU-Florida
Arkansas-Tennessee
Tulane-Vanderbilt
Mississippi-Georgia
Mississippi St.-Kentucky

Sun Belt
Arkansas St.
FAU
Louisiana-Lafayette
Louisiana-Monroe
Louisiana Tech
Middle Tenn. St.
Troy
UAB
W. Kentucky

WAC
Fresno St.
Hawaii
Montana (Replaces Buffalo)
Nebraska-Omaha (My teambuilder, replaces San Jose St.)
Nevada
New Mexico
New Mexico St.
San Diego St.
UNLV

Big East will lose its BCS tie, and Mountain West and C-USA will gain bids.

Dr Death
05-24-2011, 02:22 AM
Hey, I was bumming around here for NCAA 12 info, found this thread, and got inspired. Tell me what you guys think!

I think you should keep the :Missouri: vs :Kansas: rivalry going... that's been a long time rivalry and is a big deal here in the KC area.

UNOMavs
05-24-2011, 02:33 AM
I think you should keep the :Missouri: vs :Kansas: rivalry going... that's been a long time rivalry and is a big deal here in the KC area.

Trust me, I know. It's one of the most underrated rivalries in college football. It kind of sucks that you can't have them play in Arrowhead, though.

Dr Death
05-24-2011, 02:47 AM
Trust me, I know. It's one of the most underrated rivalries in college football. It kind of sucks that you can't have them play in Arrowhead, though.

Do we know for a fact that Arrowhead isn't in the game? I know it wasn't in '11, but w/ the ability to assign Conference Championships I am hoping Arrowhead is back.

UNOMavs
05-24-2011, 02:56 AM
Do we know for a fact that Arrowhead isn't in the game? I know it wasn't in '11, but w/ the ability to assign Conference Championships I am hoping Arrowhead is back.

I heard that you can't schedule neutral site games during the regular season. :down: Meaning no Oklahoma-Texas at Jerryworld, no Florida-Georgia in Jacksonville, etc.

SmoothPancakes
05-24-2011, 04:11 AM
Going through setting up all the current conferences (as of this coming fall) and writing down future changes in an Excel file, this really sucks that we can't just add Teambuilder teams to the conferences and instead have to sub out someone like usual.

Come 2012, with Texas-San Antonio and Texas State both joining the WAC and UMass joining the MAC, that's gonna completely ruin any and all possibilities of changing the conferences in dynasty before the start of the 2012 season to match exactly what the conferences will look like in real life in 2012.

Poor call by EA in my opinion there, forcing us to have to stay at exactly 120 FBS schools and not be able to add teambuilder teams in addition to the current 120 schools. Sure, we can still make the TCU, Fresno State, Nevada, and Hawaii conference changes, but without the ability to add UTSA, Texas State and UMass, gonna kill any chance of a dynasty that mirrors real life, which I want to do as one of probably 5 different dynasties I'm going to have going on with various conference set ups.

Dr Death
05-24-2011, 04:32 AM
Going through setting up all the current conferences (as of this coming fall) and writing down future changes in an Excel file, this really sucks that we can't just add Teambuilder teams to the conferences and instead have to sub out someone like usual.

Come 2012, with Texas-San Antonio and Texas State both joining the WAC and UMass joining the MAC, that's gonna completely ruin any and all possibilities of changing the conferences in dynasty before the start of the 2012 season to match exactly what the conferences will look like in real life in 2012.

Poor call by EA in my opinion there, forcing us to have to stay at exactly 120 FBS schools and not be able to add teambuilder teams in addition to the current 120 schools. Sure, we can still make the TCU, Fresno State, Nevada, and Hawaii conference changes, but without the ability to add UTSA, Texas State and UMass, gonna kill any chance of a dynasty that mirrors real life, which I want to do as one of probably 5 different dynasties I'm going to have going on with various conference set ups.

Isn't South Alabama supposed to join the Sun Belt too? In like 2013?

SmoothPancakes
05-24-2011, 04:54 AM
I believe so, now that you mention it. I had completely forgotten about them. So that's four schools now that we will be unable to add (without being forced to remove someone else) and make our dynasty accurately reflect the real life college football world.

souljahbill
05-24-2011, 06:24 AM

Arrowhead has no bowl game nor is a game scheduled there annually (like Invesco for CO/CO St) so I doubt it's in.

souljahbill
05-24-2011, 06:26 AM
I heard that you can't schedule neutral site games during the regular season. :down: Meaning no Oklahoma-Texas at Jerryworld, no Florida-Georgia in Jacksonville, etc.

Jacksonville's stadium for the Cocktail party has been in for awhile.

souljahbill
05-24-2011, 06:40 AM
Wow! :LSU: fans would love you! Talk about no competition... They should win the West every year from here to eternity!

Yeah, initially they will but what should happen is over time, it'll even out somewhat. I still expect LSU to win the majority of the time but 2nd and 3rd place should be mediocre at worst and pretty good at best.

Pig Bomb
05-24-2011, 06:49 AM
I believe so, now that you mention it. I had completely forgotten about them. So that's four schools now that we will be unable to add (without being forced to remove someone else) and make our dynasty accurately reflect the real life college football world.

Would be nice but I'm ok with this right now...frankly there are a bunch of teams that are truly a non-factor in big time college football. I mean there are several teams where I couldn't name the coach, or any players right off hand, despite being a huge NCAA football fan....those will be the teams I will replace.

I kind of forgot about replacing teams until I was reading posts in this thread.... This adds another option to my fantasy NCAA dynasty idea...sweet.

Solidice
05-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Jacksonville's stadium for the Cocktail party has been in for awhile.

same for Inveso field(denver) for Colorado-Colorado State

Oklahoma-Texas at Cotton Bowl Stadium(they don't play at Cowboy's Stadium) and Army-Navy at Lincoln Financial Stadium are the other 2 neutral site games that has been in the game for a while.

Jayrah
05-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Arrowhead has no bowl game nor is a game scheduled there annually (like Invesco for CO/CO St) so I doubt it's in.

Where's the Mizzou/Kansas game gonna be played now?

UNOMavs
05-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Oklahoma-Texas at Cotton Bowl Stadium(they don't play at Cowboy's Stadium)
...Huh. For whatever reason, I thought that they were going to move that game to Cowboys Stadium, and that the Cotton Bowl was going to get the wrecking ball in a few years.

And Kansas-Missouri is gonna be in Arrowhead in 2012, and has been since 2007. It wouldn't make much sense for them not to put it in.

I didn't really know what I was thinking with the comments about the Red River and Cocktail Party. I guess what I should've said is that you can't do stuff like have Rutgers and Army play at Yankee Stadium and the like. If it's not predetermined as a neutral site game by EA, then it'll have to be at someone's home field.

Solidice
05-24-2011, 12:04 PM
...Huh. For whatever reason, I thought that they were going to move that game to Cowboys Stadium, and that the Cotton Bowl was going to get the wrecking ball in a few years.

It was rumored that it would be moving, but they resigned to extend the meeting at the Cotton Bowl until 2015 I think.

UNOMavs
05-24-2011, 12:09 PM
It was rumored that it would be moving, but they resigned to extend the meeting at the Cotton Bowl until 2015 I think.
Yep, 2015. I'm kind of surprised, really. I keep hearing about what a dump the Cotton Bowl is.

souljahbill
05-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Where's the Mizzou/Kansas game gonna be played now?

Show's what I know. :fp: I don't remember the stadium being in the game so I never considered it being played at a neutral site. Always figured it was played at home.

smace767
05-24-2011, 01:41 PM

ACC
Atlantic
Clemson
Delaware (Replaces FIU)
Georgia Tech
Maryland
Navy
South Carolina

Coastal
Duke
North Carolina
NC State
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest

Big East
Army
Boston College
Connecticut
Pitt
Rutgers
Syracuse
Temple
West Virginia

C-USA/Metro Conference
Cincinnati
ECU
Florida State
Louisville
Memphis
Miami-FL
Southern Miss
Tulsa
UCF
USF

Based loosely off of this:
http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/columns/kevinmcneill/050911.htm

Big East will lose its BCS tie, and Mountain West and C-USA will gain bids.

Its your Dynasty but i want to point some things out with all this Big East Hate. The Big East had a bad year last year no denying that. Its not in the same class as the SEC, Pac10, Big12, or Big10. But there is no gap with the ACC. You cant look at 2 years and make a decision. College football is a cyclic thing.

First is their is no way that that your Conf USA is better than the Big East. You took big East teams out to add to it, and its still not on the same level top to bottom. Tulsa, ECU, S miss, Memphis are not beating anyone in the Big East.

I understand you want to recreate the conf-usa of old with cincy and louisville USF, but with that logic put Miami and VA-tech back in the Big East. They were never in conf usa, they were in the Big east. And hate it or not TCU is in the Big East.

The ACC BCS record is 2-11
The Big East is 6-7
that counts Miami and VA tech for both confs

I know whats next so take out Miami and Va Tech from both conf BCS records.

ACC BCS record is 1-8
Big East is 3-5

The ADD TCU with Multiple BCS games and future potential. TCU is in the Big East and Better than everyone in the ACC.

Uconn blows out Duke by 31 and Virgina by 35 in the last three years when they finished no better than 5th and 6th in those years. Last year (2009) uconn finished 6th but beat Notre Dame, Baylor, and South Carolina. Usf beats Miami ect...

With the new conf TV deal for football basketball rights, Notre Dame, who is in the Big East for everything else, might get the pressure to join Big east football or get out. Expect The big east to add another Texas team and Central Fla is on the short list .

Villinova the FCS champ is considering moving up to BCS. Big East tradition will mean they will get in if they choose to move up..

Its your world im just stick up for the Big East wit some facts / opinions. Do what you do.

Dr Death
05-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Show's what I know. :fp: I don't remember the stadium being in the game so I never considered it being played at a neutral site. Always figured it was played at home.

No, it's at Arrowhead and has been since 2007 as UNOMavs said. :Kansas: is about 50 minutes from me, maybe an hour from Arrowhead and :Missouri: is an hour and 45 minutes away and this rivalry is H-U-G-E here in the KC area.

Also, last season, :Kansas_State: played :Iowa_State: at Arrowhead. So that's two Big XII games played in that stadium last season alone. I am already dealing w/ the fact that it's probably not in this years game, but EA needs to put this back in and allow for Neutral Site games to be scheduled in next years game.

UNOMavs
05-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Its your Dynasty but i want to point some things out with all this Big East Hate. The Big East had a bad year last year no denying that. Its not in the same class as the SEC, Pac10, Big12, or Big10. But there is no gap with the ACC. You cant look at 2 years and make a decision. College football is a cyclic thing.

First is their is no way that that your Conf USA is better than the Big East. You took big East teams out to add to it, and its still not on the same level top to bottom. Tulsa, ECU, S miss, Memphis are not beating anyone in the Big East.

I understand you want to recreate the conf-usa of old with cincy and louisville USF, but with that logic put Miami and VA-tech back in the Big East. They were never in conf usa, they were in the Big east. And hate it or not TCU is in the Big East.

The ACC BCS record is 2-11
The Big East is 6-7
that counts Miami and VA tech for both confs

I know whats next so take out Miami and Va Tech from both conf BCS records.

ACC BCS record is 1-8
Big East is 3-5

The ADD TCU with Multiple BCS games and future potential. TCU is in the Big East and Better than everyone in the ACC.

Uconn blows out Duke by 31 and Virgina by 35 in the last three years when they finished no better than 5th and 6th in those years. Last year (2009) uconn finished 6th but beat Notre Dame, Baylor, and South Carolina. Usf beats Miami ect...

With the new conf TV deal for football basketball rights, Notre Dame, who is in the Big East for everything else, might get the pressure to join Big east football or get out. Expect The big east to add another Texas team and Central Fla is on the short list .

Villinova the FCS champ is considering moving up to BCS. Big East tradition will mean they will get in if they choose to move up..

Its your world im just stick up for the Big East wit some facts / opinions. Do what you do.
I tried to give my conferences a tighter geographic footprint than you find in most conferences, C-USA and the WAC being the only exception. I never liked the idea of islands within conference maps, like Miami or TCU playing in what is a North Atlantic conference. That's why I shuffled teams around and took TCU out of the Big East. At a second glance, I do agree about the ACC and C-USA, though. The Big East I've created isn't that much worse than either of those conferences. I might just do away with conference tie-ins entirely since 8 AQs for 5 BCS bowls is a pretty messy idea.

I will disagree with you about the Big East I've created being better than the C-USA I made. I think the C-USA is a deeper conference, and they're not that much different at the top. And adding Miami-FL and Florida State makes sense from both a geographic standpoint and in the context of that link that I posted. If anything, I think ECU is the more awkward fit of the bunch.

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 02:44 PM
I'd force :Notre_Dame: to the Big East and take away their NBC contract :D

Pig Bomb
05-24-2011, 03:53 PM
man I can play with this fantasy custom conference stuff all day!!! I have done a hundred variations on spreadsheet so far I swear

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 03:56 PM
man I can play with this fantasy custom conference stuff all day!!! I have done a hundred variations on spreadsheet so far I swear

As long as you have those all written out already, because you still have to create a playbook too :nod:

Treadstone6700
05-25-2011, 03:12 AM
Got a little bit crazy with it tonight, made this one in Photoshop based off one I had been working on in a spreadsheet. Made the Big 10, Pac 12, and ACC 16 team conferences, blew up the Big East and Mountain West and slightly tweaked some others. Any suggestions would be welcome!http://www.treadstone6700.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/NCAAFootball12.AlphaConferences.png

Dr Death
05-25-2011, 04:40 AM
Got a little bit crazy with it tonight, made this one in Photoshop based off one I had been working on in a spreadsheet. Made the Big 10, Pac 12, and ACC 16 team conferences, blew up the Big East and Mountain West and slightly tweaked some others. Any suggestions would be welcome!

I love it and my ideas are really close to yours, except I didn't do any 16 team conferences. Hopefully we can one day... ahem... next year... add Custom Conference Logo's and do them in Team Builder to just add into the game, but your ideas and mine are eerily close. I'll post mine tomorrow.

On yours... the WAC should be a dog-fight every year! :D

souljahbill
05-25-2011, 07:42 AM
Got a little bit crazy with it tonight, made this one in Photoshop based off one I had been working on in a spreadsheet. Made the Big 10, Pac 12, and ACC 16 team conferences, blew up the Big East and Mountain West and slightly tweaked some others. Any suggestions would be welcome!http://www.treadstone6700.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/NCAAFootball12.AlphaConferences.png

Where's C-USA?

Dr Death
05-25-2011, 07:45 AM
Alright, here's mine. I made some changes and left some Conferences the same. The Sun Belt now has 12 teams because I love Conference Championship Games and I will start as an OC at either :FAU: or :Arkansas_State: and then move up, hopefully to my alma mater :Texas_Tech: and give Tuberville the boot! :D

So here are my new College Football Conferences...

http://i52.tinypic.com/2uek9e9.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/2z3z2ae.jpg

Pig Bomb
05-25-2011, 07:57 AM
i like the 16 team mega-conference ...i may have to blow up my original plans of sticking to the numbers but we'll see

i guess my plan a is to load up 4 main super conferences with all the big boys
or
spread the best teams out a bit for more balance...like bust up the SEC a bit, send 1 to Big 12, and beef up Sun Belt etc....

hmmmm

SHO
05-25-2011, 08:00 AM
MOUNTAIN|WEST
Air Force |BYU
Boise St.| Fresno St.
Colorado St.| Hawaii
New Mexico |Nevada
TCU |San Diego St.
UTEP |UNLV
Wyoming |Utah

I wanted to stick to 12, but the geographical alignment balance felt off to me (and I like Hawaii and didn't want them to be left in the cold), so I expanded it to 14.

souljahbill
05-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Alright, here's mine. I made some changes and left some Conferences the same. The Sun Belt now has 12 teams because I love Conference Championship Games and I will start as an OC at either :FAU: or :Arkansas_State: and then move up, hopefully to my alma mater :Texas_Tech: and give Tuberville the boot! :D

So here are my new College Football Conferences...

http://i52.tinypic.com/2uek9e9.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/2z3z2ae.jpg

Poor Akron. :D

morsdraconis
05-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Yeah, ouch. Relegated to the Mountain West from the MAC is rough.

souljahbill
05-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Yeah, ouch. Relegated to the Mountain West from the MAC is rough.

The MWC is obviously a better conference but no conference opponent is even close to them.

Switch Tulsa or Iowa St. (C-USA) and Akron and it'll work out better for both teams geographically.

beartide06
05-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Isn't South Alabama supposed to join the Sun Belt too? In like 2013?

Yes sir they are. I attend the university of south Alabama. Big things going on there. We have been stealing a few prospects from Alabama and auburn the last 2 years. Undefeated in our first 2 inaugural seasons as well. Get this Death.... We play Hawaii AT Hawaii Dec 1st 2012!!! Lol. We will also be playing NC state, kent state, Tennessee, Mississippi state, and navy the next few years. It gets me really fired up for my real future alma mater. I need to jump on the team before my eligibility is gone lol.

DariusLock
05-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Yes sir they are. I attend the university of south Alabama. Big things going on there. We have been stealing a few prospects from Alabama and auburn the last 2 years. Undefeated in our first 2 inaugural seasons as well. Get this Death.... We play Hawaii AT Hawaii Dec 1st 2012!!! Lol. We will also be playing NC state, kent state, Tennessee, Mississippi state, and navy the next few years. It gets me really fired up for my real future alma mater. I need to jump on the team before my eligibility is gone lol.

How is Raymond Cotton doing? I heard he was buried on the depth chart...funny considering he left Ole Miss as #2 with a shoulder injury because we wouldn't give him the starting job.

Treadstone6700
05-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Where's C-USA?

Dang, I Cropped them out - I'll have to upload again!

Dr Death
05-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Poor Akron. :D

Yeah, I know... but I didn't like one conference having 13 teams... just unbalanced. And I know :Akron: isn't near the MWC... but it seems like they could at least compete w/ some of the teams there. If I put them in C-USA, has as been suggested, I see them being dominated all the time. But... we still have plenty of time to figure this all out.

I wanted to share mine because it is pretty close in a lot of ways to what Treadstone has... and he and I haven't even collaborated on ideas. So I thought that was kinda cool.

beartide06
05-25-2011, 05:19 PM
How is Raymond Cotton doing? I heard he was buried on the depth chart...funny considering he left Ole Miss as #2 with a shoulder injury because we wouldn't give him the starting job.

If I remember correcty he IS buried lol. We have had some local QB's and other transfers doing much better. I think there was talk around campus about him moving positions. Same news for Burton Scott out of Alabama. He was a five star signee to Alabama and transferred to play this year at south, but with his injuries and lack of knowledge of the playbook, he may not start either. Sometimes it's best to wait it out until it's your turn.... Especially if you are already at D1 schools to get noticed better.

souljahbill
05-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I know... but I didn't like one conference having 13 teams... just unbalanced. And I know :Akron: isn't near the MWC... but it seems like they could at least compete w/ some of the teams there. If I put them in C-USA, has as been suggested, I see them being dominated all the time. But... we still have plenty of time to figure this all out.

I wanted to share mine because it is pretty close in a lot of ways to what Treadstone has... and he and I haven't even collaborated on ideas. So I thought that was kinda cool.

The only team Akron may be competitive with in that MWC is probably Wyoming whereas in C-USA, there are at least 4 teams at a comparative level (Tulane, Memphis, Marshall, Rice)

joshuahuskers
05-26-2011, 09:16 PM
I am going to bump the Big Ten to 14 with Notre Dame and Wisconsin State (teambuilder team). Divisions:

East:
Nebraska
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Wisconsin State
Northwestern
Notre Dame

West:
Ohio State
Michigan
Penn State
Michigan State
Purdue
Indiana
Illinois

Not perfectly balanced competitively or geographically, but close. Protected rivals off so I can have 9 conference games. The only major rivalry I split up is Illinois and Northwestern.

I'll move TCU to the Big East right away, and Fresno, Nevada and Hawaii to the Mountain West right away, (I am in year 2029 of my dynasty which spans multiple versions of the game), and poach UTEP, SMU and Tulsa from CUSA to the WAC so the WAC doesn't have to play FCS teams for conference games.

Of course I'll need to make other minor adjustments to get Wisconsin State into the field. Kent State will get the boot, and I'll take the MAC down to 12 teams doing it. Those may be the only changes. More may come down the line, though.

morsdraconis
05-26-2011, 11:39 PM
Here's what I plan on using for my Super Conference Dynasty while working my way up from a :1star: program to the big boys starting as an OC:

PAC-12 | BIG 12 | SEC | BIG EAST | ACC | BIG 10
South | South | South | South | Ohio | Central
USC | Texas | LSU | Maryland | Ohio | Notre Dame
Stanford | Texas Tech | Florida | Navy | Ohio St | Illinois
California | Rice | Florida St | Virginia Tech | Miami (Ohio) | Purdue
San Diego State | Houston | Miami | Virginia | Akron | Northwestern
Fresno State | TCU | Georgia Tech | ECU | Bowling Green | Northern Illinois
UCLA | Baylor | Alabama | North Carolina | Cincinnati | Wisconsin
Arizona | Texas A&M | Auburn | NC State | Toledo | Ball State
Arizona State | SMU | Tulane | Duke | Kent State | Indiana
North | North | North | North | Michigan | National
Nevada | Oklahoma | Ole Miss | WVU | Michigan | South Florida
Hawai'i | Ok State | Miss St | Pitt | Michigan State | Minnesota
Oregon | Colorado | Tennessee | Penn State | Central Michigan | Iowa
Oregon State | Arkansas | Kentucky | Syracuse | Eastern Michigan | Iowa State
Washington | Kansas | Vanderbilt | Connecticut | Western Michigan | Colorado State
Boise State | Kansas St | Clemson | Boston College | Lousiville | Air Force
BYU | Missouri | South Carolina | Army | Marshall | UCF
Utah | Nebraska | Georgia | Rutgers | Buffalo | Southern Miss

Yes, I realize that the "Big 10", "ACC", and "Big East" are super easy to win for a few teams whereas the "SEC", "PAC-12", and "Big 12" are truly super conferences where teams are going to beat the hell out of each other all the time.

In reality, I'd like 4 Super Conferences whose conference winners play in a 4 team playoff to determine the National Championship, but, sadly, that isn't an option so I gotta work with what I have, which is, 6 Super Conferences which will all lead to more even playing fields down the road as some of the less fortunate teams now get better and better bowl game spots (or make it to a BCS Bowl game).

I haven't determined my BCS Bowl Game qualifications yet for the conferences, but it will probably be each conference winner is guaranteed a spot in one of the bowls (if that's possible).

If I can't do the above for the BCS Bowl Games, I'll probably rotate them each year to give teams a chance to play in different BCS Bowl Games.

Solidice
05-27-2011, 01:44 AM
I feel really bad for Tulane. :D

ram29jackson
05-27-2011, 01:47 AM
I would/might do stuff like every team in California in the same conference or every team in Texas and that sort of thing haha

morsdraconis
05-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Looks like, with what's left, I'll be building a bunch of crappy 4 team conferences, or only 1 independent team (probably Western Kentucky) and one 9 team conference.

UAB
Troy
Arkansas State
San Jose State
FIU
FAU
Idaho
Western Kentucky
Louisiana-Lafayette
Louisiana-Monroe
Louisiana-Tech
UNLV
New Mexico
New Mexico State
Tulsa
UTEP
North Texas
Utah State
Washington State
Wyoming
Wake Forest
Temple
Middle Tennessee
Memphis

souljahbill
05-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Looks like, with what's left, I'll be building a bunch of crappy 4 team conferences.

UAB
Troy
Arkansas State
San Jose State
FIU
FAU
Idaho
Western Kentucky
Louisiana-Lafayette
Louisiana-Monroe
Louisiana-Tech
UNLV
New Mexico
New Mexico State
Tulsa
UTEP
North Texas
Utah State
Washington State
Wyoming
Wake Forest
Temple

Woohoo! Southern Miss didn't make the crap pile!

morsdraconis
05-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Woohoo! Southern Miss didn't make the crap pile!

Nah, they were the last addition to the National Conference of the "Big 10". Couldn't let them be a part of the shitty conferences. ;)

souljahbill
05-27-2011, 12:19 PM

Nah, they were the last addition to the National Conference of the "Big 10". Couldn't let them be a part of the shitty conferences. ;)

The guy who graduated last in his class in med school is still a doctor and the chick who's in last place at the Ms. Universe pagaent is still really hot. Even if they barely made the cut, the fact is, they still made the cut, thus, I'm happy! :)

Coach Kernzy
05-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Why not make all 12 conferences have 10 teams so that they all play each other and you can have a true conference champ?

morsdraconis
05-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Why not make all 12 conferences have 10 teams so that they all play each other and you can have a true conference champ?

But that doesn't solve the issues of having conference championship games. 10 team conferences means no championship game. Where's the fun in that?

HunkerDown
05-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Here is how I plan on setting up my dynasty. Welcome to 1991.

ATLANTIC COAST

http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/clemson-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/duke-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/georgiatech-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/maryland-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/northcarolina-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/northcarolinastate-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/virginia-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/wakeforest-tnl.gif

BIG EAST

http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/bostoncollege-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/miami-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/pittsburgh-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/rutgers-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/syracuse-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/temple-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/virginiatech-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/westvirginia-tnl.gif

BIG EIGHT

http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/colorado-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/iowastate-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/kansas-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/kansasstate-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/missouri-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/nebraska-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/oklahoma-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/oklahomastate-tnl.gif

BIG TEN

http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/illinois-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/indiana-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/iowa-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/michigan-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/michiganstate-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/minnesota-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/northwestern-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/ohiostate-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/purdue-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/wisconsin-tnl.gif

CONFERENCE-USA

http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/alabamabirmingham-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/centralflorida-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/cincinnati-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/connecticut-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/eastcarolina-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/louisville-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/marshall-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/memphis-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/southflorida-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/southernmississippi-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/tulane-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/tulsa-tnl.gif

INDEPENDENTS

http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/army-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/floridastate-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/fresnostate-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/idaho-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/navy-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/nevada-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/newmexicostate-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/notredame-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/pennstate-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/sanjosestate-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/southcarolina-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/unlv-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/utahstate-tnl.gif

MID-AMERICAN

http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/akron-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/ballstate-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/bowlinggreen-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/buffalo-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/centralmichigan-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/easternmichigan-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/kentstate-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/miamiohio-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/northernillinois-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/ohio-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/toledo-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/westernmichigan-tnl.gif

PACIFIC-10

http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/arizona-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/arizonastate-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/california-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/oregon-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/oregonstate-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/stanford-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/ucla-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/usc-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/washington-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/washingtonstate-tnl.gif

SOUTHEASTERN

http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/alabama-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/auburn-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/florida-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/georgia-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/kentucky-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/lsu-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/mississippi-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/mississippistate-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/tennessee-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/vanderbilt-tnl.gif

SOUTHWEST

http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/arkansas-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/baylor-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/houston-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/rice-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/southernmethodist-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/texas-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/texasa&m-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/tcu-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/texastech-tnl.gif

SUN BELT

http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/arkansasstate-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/floridaatlantic-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/floridainternational-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/louisianalafayette-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/louisianamonroe-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/louisianatech-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/middletennessee-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/northtexas-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/troystate-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/westernkentucky-tnl.gif

WESTERN ATHLETIC

http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/airforce-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/boisestate-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/brighamyoung-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/coloradostate-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/hawaii-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/newmexico-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/sandiegostate-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/utep-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/utah-tnl.gif http://i.tsn.com/i/p/l/col/wyoming-tnl.gif

souljahbill
05-28-2011, 10:21 AM

Yeah, I think I'll switch Southern Miss with Ole Miss then protect Ole Miss/Mississippi St. and Southern Miss/Tulane.

Pig Bomb
05-28-2011, 10:40 AM
one of my latest scenarios [work in progress]
http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/1056/ncaawip.jpg

morsdraconis
05-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Not to hate on anyone's setup or anything, but what's up with all the WVU in the ACC instead of the Big East stuff? I'm pretty sure, because of what happened with them stealing members, we'd tell the ACC to shove their invite squarely up their asses.

NaptownMVP
05-31-2011, 07:24 PM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9818/unledqsa.png

Conference Armageddon starts with Missouri and Notre Dame joining the B1G TEN, and dominoes fall from there. B1G TEN, Big XII, SEC, and PAC all end up with 14 teams.

This second set is an idea I got from European soccer, where the lower teams will drop a league while the champion of that league takes its place. So there are four regions, with three rungs on the ladder. If you're a small west coast team, for example, you start in the WAC. If you win the WAC, you move up to the Mountain West. If you win the Mountain West, you move up to the PAC-14. Rinse and repeat for the other three regions.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2795/unledbqnd.png

EDIT: Oh! Vincennes and IUPUI (which after thinking about it, I will use Butler instead) are team builder teams located in Indiana.

morsdraconis
05-31-2011, 10:22 PM
Wow! Now THAT is an interesting idea. Forgot all about being able to completely change around everything each season. That could make for some REALLY amazing football after a while.

Pig Bomb
05-31-2011, 11:14 PM
This second set is an idea I got from European soccer, where the lower teams will drop a league while the champion of that league takes its place. So there are four regions, with three rungs on the ladder. If you're a small west coast team, for example, you start in the WAC. If you win the WAC, you move up to the Mountain West. If you win the Mountain West, you move up to the PAC-14. Rinse and repeat for the other three regions.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2795/unledbqnd.png

EDIT: Oh! Vincennes and IUPUI (which after thinking about it, I will use Butler instead) are team builder teams located in Indiana.

Wow! Now THAT is an interesting idea. Forgot all about being able to completely change around everything each season. That could make for some REALLY amazing football after a while.

Yep I mentioned this euro option before and love the idea.... in my scenario 1-2 teams go down from top conferences and 1-2 teams are promoted up... I have two divisions...

The National Division plays for the BCS National title thru winning their conference title game, getting highly ranked, and earning a BCS title shot.
All of these conferences have 12 teams and a conf title game.

The Championship Division is made up of teams that are trying to gain promotion to the National Div., they can't win the National title but can qualify for various bowls.
The conference relationships are as follows:

Big East Winner goes up to ACC
Conf USA Winner goes up to Big 12
MAC winner goes up to Big 10
Both the Mountain west and WAC winners go up to the PAC 12 and the bottom 2 PAC 12 teams go down
Sunbelt winner goes up to SEC
Independents are the service academies who never play for the National BCS title and never go up or down.

In the following set up for NCAA12 I made some promotions and relegations based on last year... I also did some realignment.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/9492/ncaaeuro.jpg

Cody
05-31-2011, 11:43 PM
I think the major change in mine will be Texas to the SEC, ND to the B12. Houston to the B12 and LSU to the ACC

morsdraconis
06-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Yep I mentioned this euro option before and love the idea.... in my scenario 1-2 teams go down from top conferences and 1-2 teams are promoted up... I have two divisions...

Man, that is a really great setup too! Damn, I'm definitely going with a similar setup for my Teambuilder team instead of my original plan. I LOVE the idea of teams getting relegated to different leagues based on their performance. Off to build my relegation pyramid!

morsdraconis
06-01-2011, 01:36 AM
And, my new relegation league setup:

http://i55.tinypic.com/so6as2.png

The idea:

Tier 1 conferences (Big 12, Big 10, SEC, and PAC-12) are 12 team conferences where the conference champions have a MUCH higher chance of getting to the National Championship than Tier 2 or Tier 3 conferences. These conferences also have a conference championship game that decides automatic bids to the BCS Bowl games as well. The bottom two teams are moved down to the Tier 2 conferences (Mountain West, ACC, Big East, and C-USA) corresponding on the Tier chart.

Tier 2 conferences are 10 team conferences who have a much smaller chance of playing in the National Championship but the chance is still very much there for them. Their conference champions don't get automatic bids to the BCS Bowl games, but, the likelihood of them getting a bid because they are in the top 8 in the BCS rankings is still very much higher than that of a Tier 3 conference school. This Tier will constantly be in flux as teams move up and down Tiers as they improve or grow weaker. The top 2 will move up to the corresponding Tier 1 conference and the bottom 2 will move down to the corresponding Tier 3 conference.

Tier 3 conferences (WAC, Sun Belt, MAC, and Independent) are 8 team conferences that will play a schedule of playing all conference members (except for Independents, of course) where the winner of the conference gets a decent bowl game with a very small likelihood of them getting a BCS Bowl birth (obviously, Independents aren't actually in a conference that forces them to play one another so their schedules will be very erratic. This Tier represents the bottom rung of the College Football landscape where you can only go up from. The top 2 teams will be promoted to the Tier 2 corresponding conference.

Obviously, by including the Independent "conference" as a conference for this setup, there may be times where a tie will occur. In the occurrence of a tie between three or more teams in that conference to determine who is promoted up to Tier 2, head-to-head matchups will be used first. If no head-to-head matchups occurred, then common opponent records will be used to determine the tiebreak. If no tiebreaker can be determined by this method either, then next, will be prestige rating. If, still, no tiebreaker can be determined, then opponent records will be the deciding factor. If, still, no tiebreaker can be determined, then end of the year team offensive ratings will be the deciding factor with the two most proficient offenses in total yards gained average being promoted.
http://www.imagebam.com/image/1fdd52134712197

Pig Bomb
06-01-2011, 08:04 AM
i like the 3 tier look

Cody
06-01-2011, 09:39 AM
I like UK/UofL in ACC

NaptownMVP
06-01-2011, 10:14 AM

Thanks. :) I may bump two from the bottom rung to the middle division so that they can have a conference title game to see who moves up. Anyone know if you can have multiple BCS tie-ins per conference? Like, can I make only the four top-tier conferences take all the BCS slots?

Pig Bomb
06-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks. :) Like, can I make only the four top-tier conferences take all the BCS slots? it was my impression that you can do this

joshuahuskers
06-02-2011, 02:40 PM
I like the promotion/relegation idea. I may have to set up a second dynasty on the side and run some promotion/relegation.

WolverineJay
06-02-2011, 03:05 PM
I probably will do a Dynasty with the set-up as follows: 8 (12 team) conferences with automatic BCS bids and 2 (8 team), 1 (7 team), and 1 (independent-Army).

I'm not sure yet, but I will probably include somekind of promotion/demotion system, maybe after each season I will put some teams in the BCS conferences on the hot seat and designate a few teams in the other 3 conferences as programs on the rise. Then after 2 or 3 years of consistent poor play I will demote a few teams to the lesser conferences and reward the most deserving lower tier teams by giving them their shot at the title.

BigDmo
06-03-2011, 01:26 AM
For my TB dynasty I am considering making all of the major conferences 12 teams but geographically based. Will definitely have to switch them up and stuff. Not to mention I'll rearrange the smaller conferences too.

Then I will hopefully build my team up and see where I can get.

iAMcar1os
06-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Here are my plans:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0ByRmvAL9_1W9YWY1Yjk0MjctZDI0MS00YmNjLTllNWI tZGQ0NDc1NzY2ZTRi&hl=en_US&authkey=CI30xvQP

UNOMavs
06-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Here are my plans:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0ByRmvAL9_1W9YWY1Yjk0MjctZDI0MS00YmNjLTllNWI tZGQ0NDc1NzY2ZTRi&hl=en_US&authkey=CI30xvQP

I can tell you as a Nebraska fan that we would never, EVER share a conference with Texas again, even if it meant being able to schedule Oklahoma on the day after Thanksgiving again. And from what I hear, Arkansas feels the same way about their old times in the SWC with the Cows.

That being said, I love the idea of the Oklahoma teams and Arkansas being in the same conference. There's some real dislike between the two states, and I know that there could be a pretty heated rivalry if the two were to play one another once a year.

I gotta ask, though. Where's Iowa State?

ZxJUVYx3
06-26-2011, 02:10 AM
May need to scroll to the right to see the whole :Pac_10: conference.

:SEC: :ACC: :Big_Ten: :Pac_10:
SWD (swc) East Carolinas Costal Great Lakes Great Plains Pacific Continental
:Arkansas: :LSU: :South_Carolina: :Florida_State: :Michigan: The (cheating) :Ohio_State: :USC: :Oklahoma_State:
:Rice: :Auburn: :North_Carolina: :Florida: :Michigan_State: :Miami_OH: :UCLA: :Oklahoma:
:Texas: :Alabama: :NC_State: :Virginia_Tech: :Minnesota: :Northern_Illinois: :San_Diego_State: :Utah:
:Texas_A&M: :Mississippi_State: :Wake_Forest: :West_Virginia: :Northwestern: :Illinois: :Cal: :Colorado:
:SMU: :Ole_Miss: :Clemson: :Marshall: :Purdue: :Penn_State: :Washington_State: :Arizona:
:Houston: :Georgia: :Duke: :Miami: :Wisconsin: :Nebraska: :Washington: :Arizona_State:
:Texas_Tech: :Georgia_Tech: :East_Carolina: :UCF: :Western_Michigan: :Iowa_State: :Oregon: :Utah_State:
:Baylor: :Southern_Miss: :Indiana: :Iowa: :Oregon_State: :Colorado_State:

:CUSA: :Big_East: :Big_12: :Moutain_West:
East West ************* ********* ************* *********** ************** ***********
:USF: :TCU: :Louisville: :Memphis: :BYU: :UNLV:
:Syracuse: :Boise_State: :Kentucky: :BC: :Nevada: :Wyoming:
:Notre_Dame: :Idaho: :Rutgers: :Hawaii: :New_Mexico_State:
:Connecticut: :Kansas: :Cincinnati: :San_Jose_State: :New_Mexico:
:Pitt: :Kansas_State: :Kent_State: :Air_Force: :Central_Michigan:
:Maryland: :Missouri: :Vanderbilt: :Fresno_State: :Eastern_Michigan:
:Tennessee:

:MAC: :Sun_Belt: :WAC: Indipendent
********** ************* ************* ********* *************** *********** *******************************
:Temple: :FIU: :North_Texas: :Navy:
:Ohio: :FAU: :Tulsa: :Army:
:Toledo: :Troy: :UTEP: :Western_Kentucky:
:Bowling_Green: :UAB: :Arkansas_State:
:Buffalo: :Tulane: :UL_Monroe:
:Akron: :Louisiana_Tech: :Louisiana:
:Ball_State: :MTSU:

Alright, So i seen this Thread and i decided to come up with my own custom conference. Sorry to all the BIG 12 fans for taking a GIANT turd on yall conference but had to do what i had to do.

BCS Bowl tie-ins:
:SEC: #1 = Sugar Bowl
:ACC: #1 = Orange Bowl
:Pac_10: #1 = Rose Bowl
:Big_Ten: #1 = Fiesta Bowl*
:CUSA: #1= Automatically qualifies for what ever bowl that was also the location for the BCS title Game the past year. (Ex. The winner would be in the Fiesta bowl this year and the Sugar bowl the next)*
*May change if we can change the which bowls are BCS bowls but doubt we can.

Protected Rivalries off the top of my head:
:LSU: vs. :Arkansas:
The (cheating) :Ohio_State: vs. :Michigan:

And i think i am missing a few teams if u can point them out to me it will be much appreciated.

Conference Title game Locations:

:SEC: Super Dome
:Pac_10: Emerald Bowl only if you play on the Baseball field, if not Rose Bowl Stadium or USC stadium
:ACC: Tampa, Dolphin's Stadium, Georgia Dome
:Big_Ten: Wrigley Park if possible, if not probably Lion's Stadium or Soldier Field if possible.
:CUSA: All over the U.S. I'll change it up every 2-4 years first it will be Jerry's World then Yankees Stadium if possible, if not maybe Hawaii.

Coach Kernzy
06-27-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm just going to make up the 12 conferences all with 10 teams. I'm not a big championship game guy. I like the fact that if you win your conference you won it each and every week by playing everyone in your conference. Once I get the layout I'll share it here if anyone is interested.

morsdraconis
06-27-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm just going to make up the 12 conferences all with 10 teams. I'm not a big championship game guy. I like the fact that if you win your conference you won it each and every week by playing everyone in your conference. Once I get the layout I'll share it here if anyone is interested.

Only problem with that is the independent league not actually playing each other...

Coach Kernzy
06-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Ah right, damn I overlooked that. I'll try it out anyway and see since that'll be a bunch of the lowest rated schools anyway in the way I'm planning to set it up.
I do like the 3 tier setup that you put together so I might tweak that a little bit and go that route instead.

morsdraconis
06-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Ah right, damn I overlooked that. I'll try it out anyway and see since that'll be a bunch of the lowest rated schools anyway in the way I'm planning to set it up.
I do like the 3 tier setup that you put together so I might tweak that a little bit and go that route instead.

Yeah, I'm REALLY excited to try out my 3 tier setup with my TB team. Can't wait until the TB website goes live for '12 so I can get to making a horrible team on there to start out with.

WarEagle
06-27-2011, 03:41 PM

Not so fast! As unbelievable as it may seem, in my offline A-A dynasty of 25+ years, LSU has become La. Little Sisters of the Poor. Bama, suprisingly, fluctuated downward for a couple of losing (gasp!) years but have Phoenix-ed back into a top-5 team again. But LSU is always last in the SEC and has had several 0-8 SEC seasons in my dynasty, with this season perhaps the worst. Just played them and they were 0-8 overall coming into the game. They are so bad that -- as our time with '11 winds down -- I've been waiting to commit Auburn heresy and take the coaching job at the end of some season if they are ever interested in me.

ZxJUVYx3
07-01-2011, 01:17 AM
I played a pretty long offline dynasty and started with my Beloved LSU tigers and coached there for 12 seasons with 8 BCS titles 10 SEC titles but decided to go coach Texas for about 3 years and then after 3 10-3 seasons i went to Tulane for 7 seasons and when i made it to the BCS championship series in my 5th year and won they asked me if i wanted to move to the SEC and i gladly accepted i didnt see who i replaced and thought it might have been Kentucky or Vandy but it was actually LSU who never had more than a 9 win season since i left. it is as if EA hates LSU. But one thing i did see was in older Madden games (02-08) the Saints were in the Super Bowl almost every year.

Time Doctor
07-03-2011, 07:34 PM
For my dynasty I'm doing a promotion-relegation system. It's split East-West with the Mississippi River being the dividing line.

There are 54 teams in the West, split into five conferences. The top conference has 14 teams while the rest have 10.

The East has 66 teams in six conferences. The top conference has 16 with 10 in the rest.

The worst team each year will take over the lone independent spot each year, so one of the bottom conferences will only have 9 teams.

The best team in the lower conferences moves up while the worst moves down.

I haven't decided on which conferences will be where yet. It'll all depend on how their conference prestige ratings are so I can try to balance them to an extent.

WEST
Conference 1
01. Oklahoma
02. LSU
03. Oregon
04. Texas
05. USC
06. Boise State
07. TCU
08. Nebraska
09. Iowa
10. Stanford
11. Oklahoma State
12. Texas A&M
13. Arkansas
14. Missouri

Conference 2
01. Utah
02. BYU
03. Arizona State
04. Tulsa
05. Air Force
06. Oregon State
07. Texas Tech
08. Washington
09. Nevada
10. Kansas State

Conference 3
01. Houston
02. Cal
03. Arizona
04. SMU
05. Hawaii
06. Baylor
07. San Diego State
08. Fresno State
09. Kansas
10. Iowa State

Conference 4
01. Minnesota
02. UCLA
03. Wyoming
04. Colorado State
05. UNLV
06. Colorado
07. Louisiana Tech
08. UTEP
09. Rice
10. Washington State

Conference 5
01. Tulane
02. Idaho
03. Arkansas State
04. Utah State
05. Louisiana-Monroe
06. Louisiana-Lafayette
07. North Texas
08. San Jose State
09. New Mexico
10. New Mexico State

EAST
Conference 1
01. Alabama
02. Ohio State
03. Auburn
04. Florida
05. Penn State
06. Florida State
07. Wisconsin
08. Virginia Tech
09. Notre Dame
10. Georgia
11. Michigan
12. Miami (FL)
13. South Carolina
14. Michigan State
15. West Virginia
16. Clemson

Conference 2
01. Tennessee
02. Georgia Tech
03. North Carolina
04. Mississippi State
05. NC State
06. UCF
07. Northwestern
08. Maryland
09. Pitt
10. UConn

Conference 3
01. ECU
02. Virginia
03. Navy
04. Kentucky
05. Ole Miss
06. Illinois
07. Louisville
08. Syracuse
09. USF
10. Boston College

Conference 4
01. Cincinnati
02. Rutgers
03. Purdue
04. Northern Illinois
05. Miami (OH)
06. Troy
07. Ohio
08. Temple
09. Indiana
10. Wake Forest

Conference 5
01. Vanderbilt
02. Southern Miss
03. Marshall
04. Duke
05. Central Michigan
06. Toledo
07. Bowling Green
08. Ball State
09. Buffalo
10. Army

Conference 6
01. Western Michigan
02. Florida International
03. Middle Tennessee
04. Kent State
05. Florida Atlantic
06. Memphis
07. UAB
08. Western Kentucky
09. Eastern Michigan

Independent
01. Akron

ThatSnickelfritz
07-04-2011, 09:05 PM
If some people are going realism...realistically LSU never leaves the SEC.

OUkool
07-06-2011, 07:11 PM
I will change my conferences to look like this with 12 teambuilder teams included. You can check out my dynasty at
http://nvcaa.tripod.com/index.html

BIG 12 CONFERENCE
SWITZER DIVISION
KANSAS
KANSAS STATE
IOWA STATE
MISSOURI
OKLAHOMA STATE
OKLAHOMA

ROYAL DIVISION
TEXAS
TEXAS A&M
TEXAS TECH
BAYLOR
SMU
HOUSTON
*BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME : COWBOY STADIUM-DALLAS,TEXAS

SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE
EAST DIVISION
FLORIDA
S.CAROLINA
GEORGIA
TENNESSEE
KENTUCKY
VANDERBILT

WEST DIVISION
ALABAMA
AUBURN
MISS.STATE
OLE MISS
LSU
ARKANSAS
*SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME : GEORGIA DOME-ATLANTA,GEORGIA

ATLANTIC COAST CONFERENCE
ATLANTIC DIVISION
FLORIDA STATE
MARYLAND
MARYLAND D.C.
CLEMSON
WAKE FOREST
BOSTON COLLEGE

COASTAL DIVISION
MIAMI(FL)
VIRGINIA
VIRGINIA TECH
GEORGIA TECH
NORTH CAROLINA
N.C.STATE
*ACC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME : BANK OF AMERICA STADIUM-CHARLOTTE,NORTH CAROLINA

BIG TEN CONFERENCE
LEADERS DIVISION
ILLINOIS
OHIO STATE
PENN STATE
PURDUE
WISCONSIN
NORTHWESTERN

LEGENDS DIVISION
IOWA
NEBRASKA
MINNESOTA
MINNESOTA STATE
MICHIGAN
MICHIGAN STATE
*BIG 10 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME : LUCAS OIL STADIUM-INDIANAPOLIS,INDIANA

BIG EAST CONFERENCE
NORTH DIVISION
SYRACUSE
RUTGERS
UCONN
W.VIRGINIA
SETON HALL
PITTSBURGH

SOUTH DIVISION
MARSHALL
S.FLORIDA
E.CAROLINA
C.FLORIDA
CINCINNATI
LOUISVILLE
*BIG EAST CHAMPIONSHIP GAME : RAYMOND JAMES STADIUM-TAMPA,FLORIDA

MID-AMERICAN CONFERENCE
MIAMI(OH)
OHIO
KENT STATE
AKRON
N.ILLINOIS
TOLEDO
W.MICHIGAN
BALL STATE
C.MICHIGAN
E.MICHIGAN

D1-INDEPENDENDENTS
BYU
NOTRE DAME
ARMY
NAVY
USMC
TEMPLE

CONFERENCE USA
TULANE
MEMPHIS
UAB
S.MISS
MID TENN STATE
NORTH TEXAS STATE

MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE
MOUNTAIN DIVISION
NEVADA
AIR FORCE
TCU
COLORADO STATE
WYOMING
BOISE STATE

PACIFIC DIVISION
SAN DEIGO STATE
FRESNO STATE
HAWAII
HAWAII STATE
OREGON COLLEGE
ARIZONA A&M
*MWC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME : UNIV.OF PHOENIX STADIUM-GLENDALE,ARIZONA

PACIFIC-12 CONFERENCE
NORTH DIVISION
WASHINGTON
WASHINGTON STATE
OREGON
OREGON STATE
STANFORD
CALIFORNIA

SOUTH DIVISION
USC
UCLA
ARIZONA
ARIZONA STATE
UTAH
COLORADO
*PAC 12 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME : L.A. MEMORIAL COLISEUM-LOS ANGELES,CALIFORNIA

SUN BELT CONFERENCE
OKLAHOMA A&M
ARKANSAS STATE
ARKANSAS SOUTHERN
W.KENTUCKY
TROY
LOUISIANA A&M
BOWLING GREEN

WESTERN ATHLETIC CONF
RICE
TULSA
SAN JOSE STATE
UTAH STATE
ALASKA TECH
UTEP
NORTH TEXAS

OUkool
07-06-2011, 07:19 PM
I LIKE IT

Cipher 8
07-07-2011, 04:53 PM
The Texas Ten | The Sunshine State Seven | The California Clique | The Ohio Assembly | The BIG South | Carolina Collection | Tornado Alley
Texas | Florida | USC | Ohio State | Alabama | South Carolina | Oklahoma
TCU | Florida State | UCLA | Cincinnati | Auburn | Clemson | Oklahoma State
Texas A&M | Miami | Cal | Miami (OH.) | UAB | North Carolina | Tulsa
Texas Tech | UCF | Stanford | Ohio | Troy | NC State | Kansas
Houston | USF | Fresno State | Akron | USA* (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Alabama_Jaguars_football) | ECU | Kansas State
SMU | FIU | San Diego State | Toledo | LSU | Wake Forest | Missouri
Baylor | FAU | San Jose State | Bowling Green | Louisiana Tech | Duke |
Rice ||| Kent State |Tulane || Nebraska
UTEP |||| UL Lafayette || Iowa
North Texas ||||UL Monroe ||Iowa State
UTSA* (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTSA_Roadrunners_football)|||| || Wyoming
Texas State* (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_State_University%E2%80%93San_Marcos#Transiti on_to_FBS)|||| Tennessee|| Arkansas
|||| Memphis|| Arkansas State
|||| Vanderbilt
|||| Middle Tennessee
||||Georgia
||||Georgia Tech
||||Ole Miss
||||Mississippi State
||||Southern Miss

Land O'Lakes | Big East | WAC | MWC | Armed Forces
Michigan | Penn State | Oregon | Boise State |Navy
Michigan State | Pittsburgh | Oregon State| Idaho|Air Force
Western Michigan | Temple | Arizona| Utah |Army
Central Michigan | Boston College|Arizona State|BYU
Eastern Michigan | UMass* (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UMass_Minutemen_football)| Washington |Utah State
Illinois| Connecticut| Washington State|Colorado
Northwestern|Rutgers|Hawaii |Colorado State
Northern Illinois|||Nevada
| Kentucky||UNLV
Wisconsin|Louisville||New Mexico
Minnesota|Western Kentucky||New Mexico State
Notre Dame|Virginia Tech|
Purdue|West Virginia |
Indiana |Virginia|
Ball State|Maryland |
Buffalo|Marshall
Syracuse|

* = team not in DIV-1A yet, also a link to info

The Texas Ten - BIG 12 (To be called Texas Twelve) See Spoiler|The Texas Twelve|
|Texas|
|Texas A&M|
|Baylor|
|Rice|
|UTEP|
|North Texas|
|
|TCU|
|Texas Tech|
|Houston|
|SMU|
|UTSA|
|Texas State|

The Sunshine State Seven - C-USA
The California Clique - PAC 12
The Ohio Assembly - MAC
The BIG South - SEC
Carolina Collection - ACC
Land O'Lakes - BIG 10
Tornado Alley - Sun Belt
The Western Athletic Conference - WAC
The Big East - Big East
The Mountain West Conference - MWC
Armed Forces - Independent

Everybody knows there is three football powerhouse states... Texas, California, and Florida. So each gets their own conference. Ohio not far behind also get it's own conference. Then I sorta group the rest of the teams together based on their states or locations. For example had Carolina never split up into two states or The Great Lakes Region. The Mountain States. You get the picture.

I wish for next year they add in the ability to re-name and/or create your own conferences. Like create conference, delete existing conference, and move teams and do all the stuff you can do this year but more. Maybe some features could be worked into the Teambuilder site where you can then create a custom logo for your conference. Stuff like this would make for a good addition to the game for other more popular features such as OD too. You could totally rework the whole college football landscape for your online dynasty the way you want your league set up, and for the love of god instead of just letting us choose bowl tie-ins, or making them at large, give us PLAYOFFS. A custom conference dynasty like this wouldn't really work until we're able to include playoffs. That is the only way a weird conference layout like this would work. Play your regular season stretch, based off who you play you get ranked and teams with higher rank and better record (usually the best teams) get into the playoffs. There would be seeding to determine who faces who but similar to college basketball a lesser team could upset a better team and move on. Winners advance through the bracket and the final two teams play for a BCS Title at the end.

Also what would go with this is a full fledged contract system for scheduling games. If they allowed coaches (players) to offer contracts for game scheduling, like a home and home with a school, or a 2 for 1, then teams could try to schedule other teams so their strength of schedule was still good. Obviously the others teams coach, whether human or A.I. could accept or decline the offer and thus you wouldn't see big time schools accepting small time teams offers because it doesn't benefit them in any way shape or form.

However teams such as :Texas: could still schedule an out of conference opponent such as rival :Oklahoma: and still play them every year.

Another example would be :Ohio_State: & :Michigan:

Since Ohio State's conference is a little easy they would need to schedule tougher non-conference opponents to raise their strength of schedule. Sure they could run the tables every year but they wouldn't be ranked very high or seeded highly in the tournament unless they had a tough schedule. Plus going undefeated really means nothing once the playoff tournament starts. Winner moves on loser goes home, so they could run through their conference but still must face the big boys come playoff time.

Same goes for:Oregon: easier schedule and even though they still have the Civil War they may want to schedule :USC: and USC might want to schedule them as well to raise their strength of schedule.

This type of stuff is already being done with rivals like :West_Virginia: and :Maryland: IRL...

Schreck13
07-19-2011, 04:51 PM
So how many of you are planning on customizing your conferences whether its minor changes or a complete overhaul.

I doing a complete overhaul when I start my Miami Dynasty soon! I will post my custom conference info later!

Bucks0331
07-19-2011, 04:56 PM
I will be adding teams to conference but not sure of exactly which teams yet.

BaylorBearBryant
07-19-2011, 05:02 PM
After a lot of thought, I've decided to go with this.

MWC
Air Force
BYU
Boise St
Colorado St
Idaho
Wyoming
New Mexico
Utah St

WAC
Hawaii
Nevada
Fresno St
UNLV
UTEP
New Mexico St
SDSU
SJSU

Big XII (14)
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Baylor
Kansas
Kansas St
Iowa St

Oklahoma
Oklahoma St
Missouri
TCU
SMU
Houston
Rice

CUSA
East Carolina
Marshall
Memphis
Southern Miss
UAB
Tulane
Tulsa
Louisiana Tech

Big East
Rutgers
Pitt
Syracuse
West Virginia
UCONN
Louisville
Cincinnati
USF
UCF
Temple

Independents
Notre Dame
Army
Navy

All the other conferences stay the same. Big East loses their automatic qualifier. I came really close to putting Army and Navy in the C-USA, but I wanted to insure their rivalries stayed in tact.

JSHT21
07-19-2011, 05:08 PM
there was once a spreadsheet over on OS that had a list of future moves already planned, can anyone find it? I have searched and searched and I can't find it for anything.

JSHT21
07-19-2011, 05:10 PM
After a lot of thought, I've decided to go with this.

MWC
Air Force
BYU
Boise St
Colorado St
Idaho
Wyoming
New Mexico
Utah St

WAC
Hawaii
Nevada
Fresno St
UNLV
UTEP
New Mexico St
SDSU
SJSU

Big XII (14)
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Baylor
Kansas
Kansas St
Iowa St

Oklahoma
Oklahoma St
Missouri
TCU
SMU
Houston
Rice

CUSA
East Carolina
Marshall
Memphis
Southern Miss
UAB
Tulane
Tulsa
Louisiana Tech

Big East
Rutgers
Pitt
Syracuse
West Virginia
UCONN
Louisville
Cincinnati
USF
UCF
Temple

Independents
Notre Dame
Army
Navy

All the other conferences stay the same. Big East loses their automatic qualifier. I came really close to putting Army and Navy in the C-USA, but I wanted to insure their rivalries stayed in tact.

I like this except a few things, from a realistic stand point, I know the game is fantasy and you can do how you like.

Rice and SMU in the Big 12. Rice well i shouldn't have to explain myself, and SMU while they did good last year and should continue to improve, they haven't proved themselves worthy quite yet, maybe in a few years.

Also Temple in the big east... Not worthy, even if the Big East loses their AQ. Just my opinions.

BaylorBearBryant
07-19-2011, 05:17 PM
I like this except a few things, from a realistic stand point, I know the game is fantasy and you can do how you like.

Rice and SMU in the Big 12. Rice well i shouldn't have to explain myself, and SMU while they did good last year and should continue to improve, they haven't proved themselves worthy quite yet, maybe in a few years.

Also Temple in the big east... Not worthy, even if the Big East loses their AQ. Just my opinions.

Fair points. I have Rice and SMU in the Big XII to sort of re-create the SWC. I also want some bottom feeders so if I ever want to take over a Big XII team, there will be someone REALLY bad to take over and build up. And in all honesty, I don't want Baylor to be the bottom feeder, because if I left it like it was, NCAA12 is bound and determined to put them back in the cellar.

But I'm curious as to why I shouldn't put Temple in the Big East. I thought it'd be a good fit since they play at Lincoln and Pitt plays at Heinz. Open to consideration on this. Keep UCF in the Big East and move Temple back to the MAC?

JSHT21
07-19-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm just going on past records and teams. Temple just hasn't been there for me to put them into a big conference. But it's your game. I'm not sure if I'm making any moves until after all the already planned moves have occured.

The U
07-19-2011, 05:26 PM
OK...based on the confirmation that you can't delete a conference in the game [all of them must be kept alive with a minimum of 4 teams] I am working on a new version of NCAA football set up like euro-soccer leagues

no independents

i will also make these conferences regionally based groups

for a minor conf team the idea is to win or do well enough in a minor conference in order to get invited up to a major conference, and thus a shot at winning it all!

at the same time...if your school is crappy every year in a major conference you are "going down" to a minor conference!

Majors
12 Team Conferences

ACC
Big 12
Big Ten
Pac-12
SEC

Minors
10 Team Conferences [possibly bigger depending on how it all plays out]

Big East [can earn invote to ACC]
C-USA [can earn invite to Big 12]
MAC [can earn invite to Big10]
Mountain West [can earn invite to Pac-12]
Sun Belt [can earn invite to SEC]
WAC [can earn invite to Pac-12]

now off to decide who goes where!

Man that is a sweet idea!

BaylorBearBryant
07-19-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm just going on past records and teams. Temple just hasn't been there for me to put them into a big conference. But it's your game. I'm not sure if I'm making any moves until after all the already planned moves have occured.

Let me ask this, would it "make more sense" to put Temple back in my MAC and leave UCF in my Big East?

And yes, I used "make more sense" as vaguely as I could on purpose.

JSHT21
07-19-2011, 05:33 PM
To me yes, but I'm no expert, just a fan.

I'm trying to find a way to move Duke if they don't pick it up. Yes I want a easy conference win with my Tigers in dynasty, but seriously if they don't pick it up in say 3 years they need to be moved, and since in game they don't take in to account basketball i will move them.

JSHT21
07-19-2011, 05:37 PM
To me I need to find a time to judge them, in real life it could be 10 years, in dynasty 3?? i'm just trying to come up with a number to judge if the team can make it in the conferece or not. Any opinions?

BaylorBearBryant
07-19-2011, 05:51 PM
To me I need to find a time to judge them, in real life it could be 10 years, in dynasty 3?? i'm just trying to come up with a number to judge if the team can make it in the conferece or not. Any opinions?

4 or 5, a player's eligibility cycle?

cjg225
07-19-2011, 06:48 PM
The only change I'm making is booting Nebraska from the Big 10.

Consider me one of the Penn State fans, how few we are, that is NOT in favor of Nebraska joining the conference.

JSHT21
07-19-2011, 07:03 PM
4 or 5, a player's eligibility cycle?

That could work, I'd go with 4 though. That way I could make more changes, I'll probably end up using 5 though, as 4 could be a make or break year. As in evaluate them on the 4th and if they are terrible move them, decent give them one more year, etc.

Do you knnow where I can find all the changes that are already suppose to happen in the next few years?

Kingpin32
07-19-2011, 07:03 PM
I for the most part used Kotaku's Owen Good's setup of the conferences. If I can find a link to the article, I'll post it up.

JSHT21
07-19-2011, 07:16 PM
I just can't seem to find the future realignments that are already in place in real life.... I found it a week ago, should have bookmarked it.

spliff616
07-19-2011, 08:04 PM
I just can't seem to find the future realignments that are already in place in real life.... I found it a week ago, should have bookmarked it.

The only upcoming switch that I know of is TCU joining the Big East. It is effective next season.

There are rumors of A&M and/or Clemson joining the SEC.

BaylorBearBryant
07-19-2011, 08:10 PM
The only upcoming switch that I know of is TCU joining the Big East. It is effective next season.

There are rumors of A&M and/or Clemson joining the SEC.

Well in addition to TCU, I know Nevada, Fresno St and Hawaii are moving to the MWC.

There are some FCS schools moving up to the WAC, the MAC and the Sun-Belt

BoiseBronco
07-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Fair points. I have Rice and SMU in the Big XII to sort of re-create the SWC. I also want some bottom feeders so if I ever want to take over a Big XII team, there will be someone REALLY bad to take over and build up. And in all honesty, I don't want Baylor to be the bottom feeder, because if I left it like it was, NCAA12 is bound and determined to put them back in the cellar.

But I'm curious as to why I shouldn't put Temple in the Big East. I thought it'd be a good fit since they play at Lincoln and Pitt plays at Heinz. Open to consideration on this. Keep UCF in the Big East and move Temple back to the MAC?

I also have Temple moving to the Big East. I'll post mine up as well.

mew3782
07-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Warning! I mixed my conferences around too much and now I get the following message: "Only 255 teams can be swapped". I was mid-change so now all my conference alignments are garbage, I can't do anything else! Any ideas?

JSHT21
07-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Warning! I mixed my conferences around too much and now I get the following message: "Only 255 teams can be swapped". I was mid-change so now all my conference alignments are garbage, I can't do anything else! Any ideas?

Try knowing what you are gonig to do. Seems like you were inbetween on some decisions and just kept moving teams around. I could see this being a memory issue ingame, so just try to plan it out a little and the problem shouldn't happen again.

BoiseBronco
07-19-2011, 09:40 PM
That's actually a known issue that EA never intended to be in the game.

They're working on fixing that, actually. But yeah, until they do fix it, just try and plan out your moves ahead of time.

MCHomma
11-01-2011, 02:00 AM
Take a look at this as an option

SEC East
Florida,
Georgia,
South Carolina,
Kentucky,
Tennessee,
Vanderbilt,
Missouri

SEC West
Alabama,
Auburn,
Ole Miss,
Mississippi St,
LSU,
Arkansas,
Texas A&M

ACC North
Boston College,
Syracuse,
Pittsburgh,
Maryland,
Virginia,
Virginia Tech
Miami,

ACC South
UNC,
Duke,
NC State,
Wake Forest,
Clemson,
Georgia Tech,
Florida State

Mathematically Challenged Midwest (aka the Big 10)
Big 10 East
Ohio State
Wisconsin,
Indiana,
Purdue,
Penn State,
Rutgers,
UConn

Big 10 West
Michigan,
Michigan State,
Illinois,
Northwestern,
Iowa,
Nebraska,
Minnesota

For lack of better name right now, the Big 12
Big 12 East
Baylor,
TCU,
USF,
UCF,
Louisville,
Cincinnati,
West Virginia

Big 12 West
Texas,
Texas Tech,
Oklahoma,
Oklahoma State,
Kansas,
Kansas State,
Iowa State

Pacific Coastal Conference
PCC North
Washington,
Washington State,
Oregon,
Oregon State,
Stanford,
Cal,
Boise State

PCC South
Arizona,
Arizona State,
Colorado,
Utah,
USC,
UCLA,
Nevada (though there are a number of viable options for this last position in the pac)

Independents
Religious: BYU, Notre Dame
Sevice: Air Force, Army, Navy

Feeder Conferences:
Five non AQ conferences each having 10 teams
The Mountain West
Wyoming,
Tulsa,
UNLV,
Colorado State,
Utah State

Idaho,
Fresno State,
Hawaii,
SDSU,
SJSU

Sun Belt Conference
SMU,
New Mexico,
NMSU,
North Texas,
Texas State,

Tulane,
Rice,
Houston,
UTEP,
UTSA

Conference USA
Arkansas State,
Southern Miss,
South Alabama,
UAB,
Troy

Louisiana Tech,
Louisiana Lafayette,
Louisiana Monroe,
Western Kentucky,
Middle Tennessee,

Mid American Conference
Toledo,
Kent State,
Akron,
Ball State,
Northern Illinois,

Bowling Green,
Eastern Michigan,
Central Michigan,
Western Michigan,
Miami (OH),

The Big East
Ohio,
Buffalo,
Marshall,
UMass,
Temple

East Carolina,
Charlotte,
Memphis,
Florida Atlantic,
Florida International

MCHomma
11-01-2011, 02:05 AM
Certain out of conference rivalries would be protected through the out of conference schedule(Kansas-Missouri; Clemson-South Carolina; Georgia-Georgia Tech; Louisville-Kentucky;Texas-aTm; etc), as well as promotion of a few lesser ones (Rutgers-Syracuse @Meadowlands if neutral sites allowed; Boston College-UConn; Pitt-Penn State) PS I apologize if anything I propose isn't feasible. I don't actually own the game but just became enthralled with conference realignment and set out to make what I thought were the best conferences possible

BiloxiSean
11-30-2011, 02:14 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7034/6432543137_3e45282028_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/biloxismitty/6432543137/)
Untitled-2 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/biloxismitty/6432543137/) by BiloxiSean (http://www.flickr.com/people/biloxismitty/), on Flickr

Here is my Custom Conferences with Relegation and Promotion.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7153/6432542283_928239e56a.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/biloxismitty/6432542283/)
Untitled-1 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/biloxismitty/6432542283/) by BiloxiSean (http://www.flickr.com/people/biloxismitty/), on Flickr

Rankings based on well the team rankings, split into 4 regions, 30 teams per region.

martywebb
12-08-2011, 01:07 AM
I like that idea for relegation/promotion. My friend and I currently have an OD going, where we have FOUR Super Conferences, with EIGHT Feeder Conferences. Each Division in the Super Conference serves ONE of the Feeders. It works out great, the only little problem we've had is that the Conference Prestige is still staying high for those conferences that have since been stripped down. ie: SEC and Big East now a feeder conference, and their prestige is still the same, despite having teams like UL-Lafayette, FIU, etc. etc.

shopejay
12-08-2011, 10:20 PM
I like this set-up nice work!! I think I might do something like this but instead of the 2nd tier just winning the conference championship and moving up, since they will be in a BCS Bowl, they would have to WIN their BCS Bowl Game against the other 2nd tier conference to prove themselves. So only 2 teams will move up in tier 2, that way the worst team in the upper tier could get a possible "2nd Chance" to get better. The bottom tier will be simple, win conference and up you go.

souljahbill
05-02-2012, 07:37 AM
Edit - Ignore this post. Info deleted. See next post for updated info.

souljahbill
06-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Since I'm not using a TB team anymore (I'll be using UNLV instead), here is my new alignment*:

WAC
1. Washington
2. Washington St.
3. Oregon
4. Oregon St.
5. Boise St.
6. Idaho
7. Utah
8. Utah St.
9. BYU
10. Wyoming

PAC-12