PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Pages : 1 [2]

JBHuskers
12-30-2011, 08:52 AM
Lots of trolling in this thread :D

Violator
12-30-2011, 11:06 AM
No trolling. I am just trying to figure out what his thoughts are. I didnt play any Killzone or Gears. I played limited Resistance. I know S2 had a shittacular spawn system when/if you ever played respawn. As did every Socom. Socom 3 was the worst because you could get the whole team sitting in one spot and you couldnt even move when you spawned. From what I remember about Resistance the spawn wasnt bad. And IIRC you had a couple second invicibilty when you spawned. I think that is about the only way you can do it on a respawn based game.
The problems with respawn games is if you have a static spawn point your gonna get spawn trapped. I think the way MW does it for the objective modes like domination isnt bad but it has room for improvement. You have a static spawn but you push too far you flip the spawn, thats great but as that vid shows you can still spawn trap. A 3-5 second invinsibility could help but it wont fix the issue.

My follow up question is what would be your solution for it? I mean in a respawn game if you have a static spawn your gonna get trapped. If you have a random you are going to spawn in front of enemies. So how do you fix it?

JBHuskers
12-30-2011, 11:10 AM
I wasn't saying you were trolling Vio. It just seems like after anything is posted about this game, the trolls come out :D

I OU a Beatn
12-30-2011, 11:51 AM
My follow up question is what would be your solution for it? I mean in a respawn game if you have a static spawn your gonna get trapped. If you have a random you are going to spawn in front of enemies. So how do you fix it?

Go the Gears of War route. Killzone had the dedicated spawn points, meaning one team spawned at one end of the map and the other team spawned at the opposite, and that's where they spawned the whole game. This did lead to some spawn camping when the other team sucked. Gears of War has the exact same system, except for the fact that as soon as an enemy is detected near the opposing team's spawn point, it flips the spawns. On top of that, you have a 3 second spawn invincibility which usually keeps people from even trying to get to the spawn.

Resistance 1 had random spawns just like Call of Duty did, but it just had way better design. There were a few instances I remember where I got killed instantly after spawning, but for the most part, it spawned people away from the enemy and closer to teammates.

It's not like Infinity Ward doesn't know how to do it. I don't remember having any spawn issues in COD4 and while there were some in MW2, they were nothing like what I'm experiencing in MW3 or BF3.

But to answer your question, dedicated spawn points that flip when an enemy is detected being within so many feet of your spawn base. I don't like spawn invincibility, so I wouldn't want that. The only problem with that is that MW3 maps really aren't designed for a dedicated spawn system, so I doubt it would ever really work.

Violator
12-30-2011, 01:50 PM
well you could easily have dedcated spawn placement on MW3. There are spots far enough on each map that would work. The funny thing is on some of the maps the spawn is nowhere near where I would put them. Take Hardhat SnD for example. I can be in the other teams spawn withing 4 seconds of the game starting. I have gotten a quad kill on Team tac whithin 5 seconds of the game starting. The round took 5 seconds. That is just horseshit. I agree with spawn invisibilty, it doesnt need to be in the game. With MW3 on TDM the spawn sucks, but on other modes I dont have an issue with it. But then again I only play Team tac or Mosh Pit with a full group so if TDM, HQ or Kill Confirmed comes as a choice we outvote it so we can play a objective based game

I OU a Beatn
12-30-2011, 05:24 PM
I wasn't saying you were trolling Vio. It just seems like after anything is posted about this game, the trolls come out :D

I wasn't trolling at all. I expect the games I buy to be of at least a decent quality, and I'm sorry, but MW3 is not. It has lag compensation, a horrible spawn system, ridiculously overpowered weapons(akimbo FMG9s = LOL), terribly designed maps, head glitching(which has been there for years), and all kinds of other bullshit. It has shit I would expect from a low budget game, and yet, this is in a game with an unlimited budget. They could completely overhaul the game with completely new everything and it wouldn't even put a dent in their wallet.

I believe I was called a troll as well when I listed the megaton of issues that are in the NCAA and Madden games. I mean, it's not like the shit I'm talking about is being made up. I realize no one will admit it, but I'd be willing to bet the majority of the people that were calling me out for naming off all the bullshit in NCAA and Madden aren't even playing the damn game anymore, which I think proves my point. I'll say the same thing about MW3...unless the issues are corrected, people are going to stop playing it and deservedly so.

well you could easily have dedcated spawn placement on MW3. There are spots far enough on each map that would work. The funny thing is on some of the maps the spawn is nowhere near where I would put them. Take Hardhat SnD for example. I can be in the other teams spawn withing 4 seconds of the game starting. I have gotten a quad kill on Team tac whithin 5 seconds of the game starting. The round took 5 seconds. That is just horseshit. I agree with spawn invisibilty, it doesnt need to be in the game. With MW3 on TDM the spawn sucks, but on other modes I dont have an issue with it. But then again I only play Team tac or Mosh Pit with a full group so if TDM, HQ or Kill Confirmed comes as a choice we outvote it so we can play a objective based game

Yeah, I don't think spawn invincibility would work at all on Call of Duty. I know on Gears 3 if you happen to be in a spot where you're not quite close to flip the spawns and it spawn the enemies there, you're fucked. You can't shoot them for 3 seconds and by that time, they've already unloaded into your ass. I do play TDM almost exclusively, and I know that's part of the problem, but playing objective based games with randoms is just horrible. It hasn't even always been that way. There were some spawn issues in MW2, but nothing like what I've seen so far on MW3.

Violator
12-31-2011, 10:52 AM
Yeah there is no way you can play Dom with randoms. Point being last night, Dome Dom. we capped A and C. B is inside the building. As long as you dont go in the building you are trapped. I went 38-6 with a pp90 with red dot. I had just equipped the red dot and by time game ended I only needed 8 kills looking down sight. It was a joke because no matter what on Dom you can easily get spawn trapped and a random spawn wouldnt work either. Ohh well. Every game is gonna have flaws that people will find. I get enjoyment out of it because of the guys I play with. Not to mention a 9.98 Win/Loss ratio. If I was with randoms or losing all the time the game wouldnt be as much fun but I would still have fun because of the guys I play with

And I dont think your trolling, everyone is gonna have their issues. Some speak up about them and some dont. Everything your talking about I agree with. There isnt going to be a SOCOM in the heyday again. Even if they put it back out it would be different because those who played it originally have a different video game ethics than kids who have started playing on MW

morsdraconis
01-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Even if they put it back out it would be different because those who played it originally have a different video game ethics than kids who have started playing on MW

Yeah. I'm sure it would be the same way with my favorite tactical FPS ever (America's Army ver2.5). That game was AMAZING when it was out (like 6-7 years ago), but, it would be totally different now because of the type of people that play FPSs compared to back then. It's just a different way of doing things, unfortunately.

SmoothPancakes
01-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Ugh, all the douchebags are on this early in the day. One match of demolition, it was nothing but a team full of fucktards running around with Striker shotguns blasting away wildly. Another, it's a team with 2 or 3 people who would constantly go and hide somewhere near where we spawn. And then the maps. There are some maps that I like and love to play on, but there's a couple that I just fucking hate with a passion, and I keep getting stuck on them because of the dumbfucks being allowed to vote for them.

CLW
02-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Really?

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/02/13/call-of-duty-game-leads-to-prank-lewisville-911-call/

morsdraconis
02-14-2012, 11:46 PM
:smh:

psusnoop
02-15-2012, 06:06 AM
That's crazy, :smh:

SmoothPancakes
02-15-2012, 11:43 AM
Hey Mors, what modes do you play/prefer?

I'm gonna have to pop MW3 in today and warm up. I haven't played it January 17th. Was playing with friends, first time in a week or two, and first match I played, ended up going 1-21, couldn't do shit, every time I'd see an enemy, even if he had his back to me, it didn't matter how much I shot him or what I did, I'd die within seconds. It was one of those games where there was just so much bullshit. Before the game was even over, I didn't even quit out of the match, I just plain put my controller down and turned off the entire 360. I haven't touched MW3 since. So I'll have to play it some today and try to get my skills back up to somewhere near par so I'll actually be worth a damn tonight.

morsdraconis
02-15-2012, 12:49 PM
It depends. If it's just me playin' I usually play Domination since it's less camping bullshit and more about trying to take flags than just get kills. If I'm playin' splitscreen with my brother as well, we'll fluctuate between Domination, Ground War, and Kill Confirmed.

And, no worries about being shit man. I'm fuckin' terrible at this game. Best match I've had was a game of Kill Confirmed last night where I went 34-15 but, normally, my matches look somethin' like 15-20 or maybe 25-25. It's usually not pretty.

Wish I could find my fuckin' mic. I don't know what the hell I did with it and I'm not about to buy another one.

SmoothPancakes
02-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Alright, sounds good. I usually go back and forth between Kill Confirmed, Domination and Demolition. While Demo has a lot of camping, it at least has people who usually work together as a team instead of running around with their heads up their asss.

As for me, I usually average around .500, with a 5-10 K/D margin from positive to negative from match to match. But generally around .500 K/D. That match where I was 1-21, that was just one of those games. I hadn't played in a week or two, so I could shoot for shit. Every player on the other team was running around with akimbo weapons, shotguns, etc. A lot of bullshit deaths, the whole nine yards. I haven't touched MW3 since that night, but may as well get back into it instead of it just sitting on my shelf taking up space.

And one my friends might join us tonight. He said he'll be around for at least a bit tonight, so we might have three of us that we can at least rely on from game to game.

morsdraconis
02-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Cool. I'll be sure to be around.

morsdraconis
02-15-2012, 06:59 PM
God I hate playing this fuckin' game during peak hours. I swear to god these kids have to be on crack to play this game sometimes...

JBHuskers
02-15-2012, 07:01 PM
God I hate playing this fuckin' game during peak hours. I swear to god these kids have to be on crack to play this game sometimes...

That's why I mute everyone every match. No need to communicate in that game :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
02-15-2012, 07:05 PM

I agree completely. Thus why my favorite hours for it are dead middle of the night and during the daytime when all the prepubescents jacked up on Code Red are in school.

SmoothPancakes
02-15-2012, 07:10 PM
That's why I mute everyone every match. No need to communicate in that game :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The people talking aren't even the problem (at least for me since I'm either in party chat or don't have my headset on), it's the idiots running around with shotguns, dual SMGs, etc.

morsdraconis
02-15-2012, 07:48 PM
The people talking aren't even the problem (at least for me since I'm either in party chat or don't have my headset on), it's the idiots running around with shotguns, dual SMGs, etc.

Shotguns and quick scoping faggots with sniper rifles are the bane of my existence with this shitty game. Both are so god damn overpowered, it's ridiculous. And, of course, the spawning system just makes it that much worse (because all of the maps are so damn small because, if they weren't, it would take 5 years to go to someone). Playing today just reminded me how much I HATE the MW multiplayer "experience".

psusnoop
02-20-2012, 10:04 AM
JB and I are moving along in the Co-Op but it is getting a lot more difficult now. Having fun though and challenging to say the least.