PDA

View Full Version : 2011 College Football Thread

JBHuskers
05-12-2011, 05:20 PM
ABC/ESPN will air Nebraska's first two Big Ten games in primetime: 10/1 at Wisconsin and 10/8 vs. Ohio State.

JeffHCross
05-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Oh. Great. Pryor and company return against Nebraska ... for a primetime game.

Hype machine will be in full force.

JBHuskers
05-13-2011, 09:38 AM
Why did ESPN & Fox team up on the Pac12 deal? To keep Comcast/NBC out. SBJ goes behind the scenes http://bit.ly/kmW46r

psuexv
05-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Penn State misses out on a Prime time game this year :down:

JeffHCross
05-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Penn State misses out on a Prime time game this year :down:
The Big Ten Network's prime-time football schedule is expected to be finalized soon, most likely next week. I have confirmed that every Big Ten team will have at least one prime-time game televised this season.

Penn State at Indiana sounds like a good BTN primetime broadcast ;)

DariusLock
05-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Gah Ole Miss continues to disappoint, Clarence Jackson and Delvin Jones are both suspended until further notice.

JBHuskers
05-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Iowa's top rusher Adam Robinson not returning to the team this year. I think it's due to grades.

Flav
05-18-2011, 06:04 PM
State State!

Deuce
05-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Just heard Austin Box (OU LB) was found dead. Really, really sad

JBHuskers
05-19-2011, 03:02 PM

Yes. :(

DariusLock
05-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Damn two dead before the season this is crazy.

Jayrah
05-20-2011, 04:44 AM

Wow that is very sad.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
05-30-2011, 05:44 PM
Report: NCAA initiates independent Pryor probe (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6608432)

Uh oh .... season-long suspension rather than five games?

JeffHCross
05-30-2011, 06:08 PM
Uh oh .... season-long suspension rather than five games?Sadly, anything that comes out of this probe (they've already looked at him and his cars at least twice, so I'd be intrigued if they suddenly find something new now) probably won't happen until after the season starts, or after Pryor plays in a game or two. That'd be just our luck.

More likely Pryor is going to be suspended by the university for the year, rather than by the NCAA. NCAA findings wouldn't come fast enough. Hell, I think we might be better off if we didn't have to worry about changing quarterbacks.

JBHuskers
05-30-2011, 06:28 PM
Agreed.

psusnoop
05-31-2011, 06:43 AM
As I posted in the other thread his cars thing is crazy, check out these wheels he showed up in for a team meeting:
http://www.autocarcentre.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/370z-nissan.jpg

JBHuskers
06-10-2011, 10:25 AM
From KegsandEggs:

Apparently folks are already waiting in line at the Golden Nugget to bet early cfb lines that will be released this afternoon.

psusnoop
06-10-2011, 10:35 AM
From KegsandEggs:

Apparently folks are already waiting in line at the Golden Nugget to bet early cfb lines that will be released this afternoon.

Interesting, I didn't know that. I'll have to check that out :D

JBHuskers
06-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Interesting, I didn't know that. I'll have to check that out :D

:nod:

JBHuskers
06-13-2011, 03:44 PM
:D

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/739141/I_Know_It_Was_You_Stewart_medium.gif

psusnoop
06-13-2011, 04:04 PM
:D lol that is funny.

morsdraconis
06-13-2011, 04:10 PM
:(

psuexv
06-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Mors - don't shoot the messenger

West Virginia,

Listen, this is hard for us too. When Penn State, scared of commitment and Walt Harris, left us at the altar, you were there to pick up the pieces. You sent all of your mulleted fans to Heinz Field in their hunting gear, and we thought, maybe, just maybe, we could learn to hate again. And then we visited you in Morgantown, and your 8 year olds cussed at us, and your townies harrassed us in the annals of Puskar Stadium, and we fell, head over heels, in hate with you. Your players were thugs and degenerates, your coaches were egomaniacs, senile country bumpkins, and now public drunks. And your fans…oh your fans were 100 times worse. We can’t describe our gratitude for the lengths you went to to give us a hate to believe in again. You gave us some great memories, and we can never thank you enough for 2007.

So, that is what makes this so hard. See…Penn State is back in town. And they want us back. And goshdarnnit, we want them too. We tried to forget them, to move on to a new life, but it’s Penn State. Our hate has always belonged to them. It’s just…it’s just the way things are meant to be. They can spell, and they have all of their teeth, and…I mean we complete each other’s vile insults. They complete us. I’m sorry, West Virginia. I hope this break up can be amicable, and we can remain enemies. Just nothing more than that. I know you Hoopies can’t read this, but thank you for being so understanding. We wish you all the worst.

Sincerely,
The University of Pittsburgh

(In the Pittsburgh Tribune)

psusnoop
06-16-2011, 01:41 PM
:D:D:D

morsdraconis
06-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Of course those fuckin' morons in Pittsburgh think Penn State is the better rivalry... :smh:

steelerfan
06-16-2011, 05:30 PM
That shit is hilarious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

ram29jackson
06-16-2011, 06:03 PM
2 games 4 and 5 years from now isnt that interesting to talk about IMO

morsdraconis
06-16-2011, 07:46 PM
What makes it even more fuckin' stupid is WVU's rivalry with Pittsburgh is older than Penn State's (1895 for WVU vs Pitt compared to 1896 for Pitt vs Penn State)! Gotta love that great Pittsburgh education eh? Fuckin' morons.

ram29jackson
06-16-2011, 10:09 PM
What makes it even more fuckin' stupid is WVU's rivalry with Pittsburgh is older than Penn State's (1895 for WVU vs Pitt compared to 1896 for Pitt vs Penn State)! Gotta love that great Pittsburgh education eh? Fuckin' morons.

in State rivals always trump others

JeffHCross
06-16-2011, 10:38 PM
in State rivals always trump othersNo.

ram29jackson
06-16-2011, 11:05 PM
No.

:P when it applies:P

WV may have a rivalry with Pitt,

but Pitt has a rivalry with Penn State

morsdraconis
06-16-2011, 11:50 PM
:P when it applies:P

WV may have a rivalry with Pitt,

but Pitt has a rivalry with Penn State

That's just silly. WVU has been Pittsburgh's most important rivalry long before the Penn State rivalry stopped. That rivalry hadn't been important since 1982. Whereas the WVU rivalry has been important ever since then and quite a bit before that. Hell, most of the years that Pitt went undefeated or was undefeated until playing Penn State, WVU would play them VERY close in their rivalry game earlier that season or pull of a stunning win.

And that doesn't even mention the rivalry on the basketball side of things, where it's truly one of the better rivalries in the country.

Hell, everyone knows what the Backyard Brawl is, yet the Penn State vs Pittsburgh rivalry is just another instate rivalry.

SmoothPancakes
06-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Hell, everyone knows what the Backyard Brawl is, yet the Penn State vs Pittsburgh rivalry is just another instate rivalry.

In all honesty, does Penn State-Pittsburgh even have a rivalry name? Because I have not known it to have one. I know all about the Backyard Brawl, but no clue what the rivalry name is for Penn State-Pitt if they have one. :D

morsdraconis
06-17-2011, 01:03 AM
In all honesty, does Penn State-Pittsburgh even have a rivalry name? Because I have not known it to have one. I know all about the Backyard Brawl, but no clue what the rivalry name is for Penn State-Pitt if they have one. :D

They don't have one, hence me saying that Pittsburgh people are stupid to think the rivalry with Penn State is more important.

psuexv
06-17-2011, 10:54 AM
They don't have one, hence me saying that Pittsburgh people are stupid to think the rivalry with Penn State is more important.

Agreed.... Pitt thinks PSU is a rival but in all honesty we don't care about Pitt. Do we hate them, yes. Do we like to hear when they lose, yes. But these past years of not playing them has really not been a lose for us, IMO. Pitt sees us as the Big Brother, the school that gets all the press in PA and all the recruits and they hate us for it.

steelerfan
06-17-2011, 11:05 AM

They're not as dumb as you think. The whole point of all of this was to piss off WVU fans. Judging by your reaction, it's a huge success. ;)

morsdraconis
06-17-2011, 12:29 PM
They're not as dumb as you think. The whole point of all of this was to piss off WVU fans. Judging by your reaction, it's a huge success. ;)

Isn't that 95% of sports media about any team? ;)

ram29jackson
06-17-2011, 03:22 PM

you dont need nicknames for in State rivalries, Pride is enough. You dont need golden jugs or Axes or little statues or whatever haha

jaymo76
06-19-2011, 01:11 PM
I would watch a PITT/WVU game in a second. Pen St. vs PITT has zero appeal for me.

psusnoop
06-21-2011, 09:13 AM
you dont need nicknames for in State rivalries, Pride is enough. You dont need golden jugs or Axes or little statues or whatever haha

Sometimes I think you like to just debate things just to be different. :smh:

Back to the PSU vs Pitt games, it is a NO WIN SITUATION for PSU. If we win them both, we should have, if we lose one then it's a strike against PSU. I felt this way years ago when we played them and yes lost to them. Don't like it one bit, wish the Miami games would have held up. I much prefer them playing the Hurricanes then the $hitters.

ram29jackson
06-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Sometimes I think you like to just debate things just to be different. :smh:

Back to the PSU vs Pitt games, it is a NO WIN SITUATION for PSU. If we win them both, we should have, if we lose one then it's a strike against PSU. I felt this way years ago when we played them and yes lost to them. Don't like it one bit, wish the Miami games would have held up. I much prefer them playing the Hurricanes then the $hitters.

:D your first mistake is using the word debate. When you are with friends of course you will kid around just because you can. I will also take the other side just to see what comes up as pro or con in the conversation. As long as I dont insult anyone there is no problem. ...but In state rivalries are important to the in state fans who like it and thats all that matters. I dont give a damn what stats or history or charts you come up with for a rivalry against another team because its trivial and unimportant in the long run. Sports is in the fun, pointless topic section of life...:D of course I debate things to be different, anything else is boring:D and how can it be a no win situation when PSU hasnt really dominated the series all that time?

psusnoop
06-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Living, working an breathing psu football since I was 3 helps to keep me in the loop as far as what PSU fans like and want. While I don't speak for the majority by any means I can say that more are against this riviarly then for it.

Pitt Panthers-Penn State Nittany Lions
History
1st Meeting November 6, 1893
Last Meeting September 16, 2000
Next Meeting TBA
Number of Meetings 96
All-Time Series PSU: 50-42-4
Largest victory PSU: 59-0
(10-24-1903)
Current Streak PITT: Won 1
Longest PITT Win Streak 14 (1922–1938)
Longest PSU Win Streak 10 (1966–1975)

Given that PSU holds the all-time series by 8 games and Pitt has had 72 yes 72 home games compared to Penn States 24 is crazy that PSU is leading this series.

That is one of my personal reasons why I don't like Pitt to be honest. Somehow PSU allowed them to have a huge run of home games.

morsdraconis
06-26-2011, 09:05 PM
It's kinda funny, but WVU fans felt like that against Pitt too while "The Stash" was the coach and it was utterly ridiculous that we lost to them as many times as we did while his inept ass was the coach there.

I gotta say, I've never seen a program that can so easily pull in so many :4star: and :5star: players every recruiting class like they can still be utter fuck ups in Football and Basketball (when it matters most).

ram29jackson
06-27-2011, 12:30 AM
PSU winning away games that much is pretty nice haha

JBHuskers
06-27-2011, 08:27 AM
So there is a rumor now that Trev Alberts is leaving UNO to take a job for the Big Ten Network :fp: way to go Trev, kill the two biggest sports at UNO....then leave.

psusnoop
06-27-2011, 09:16 AM
So there is a rumor now that Trev Alberts is leaving UNO to take a job for the Big Ten Network :fp: way to go Trev, kill the two biggest sports at UNO....then leave.

That pretty much is fitting, I'm going to have to stop watching as much Big Ten Network now. That is one person I can't stand to be honest.

Iron Dragon
06-27-2011, 09:29 AM
The Decision Part II: Russell Wilson will be airing at 3:30pm Eastern on ESPN. (AKA College Football Live)

JBHuskers
06-27-2011, 09:57 AM
That pretty much is fitting, I'm going to have to stop watching as much Big Ten Network now. That is one person I can't stand to be honest.

I hope he doesn't think he can waltz into the NU AD job either...and I hope NU doesn't think of hiring him.

psusnoop
06-27-2011, 10:36 AM
I hope he doesn't think he can waltz into the NU AD job either...and I hope NU doesn't think of hiring him.

That would be a horrendous move for NU, talk about sinking a program...that is exactly what would happen.

psusnoop
06-27-2011, 11:16 AM
The Decision Part II: Russell Wilson will be airing at 3:30pm Eastern on ESPN. (AKA College Football Live)

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/28455/sources-wisconsin-gets-its-man-in-wilson

Kwizzy
06-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Russell Wilson could be a HUGE addition for Wisconsin.... If he can pick up the system fast enough it could be a season changer for them. Of course we thought the same thing about Sam Keller here at Nebraska & you saw how that turned out. :D Of course, unlike Keller, when things go to hell for Wilson he can at least take off and make something happen w/ his feet.

steelerfan
06-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Wisconsin just got that much better. :smh:

JBHuskers
07-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Chip Kelly next to get on that hot seat? http://bit.ly/mQIZ4E

psusnoop
07-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Chip Kelly next to get on that hot seat? http://bit.ly/mQIZ4E

He really should be on the hot seat for this, at the very least in my opinion.

JBHuskers
07-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Not sure if this is old news or not but just heard that Mike Vrabel is going to be the linebackers coach of tOSU. Pretty cool that he already landed a job right out of the NFL.

psusnoop
07-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Easy hire for tOSU and a great hire for tOSU.

bdoughty
07-11-2011, 11:55 PM
it is a little old but did not see it posted.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/joe-paterno-594x693.jpg

When your monitor is larger than you are... Maybe it is time to retire.

bdoughty
07-14-2011, 02:14 PM
The WAC is becoming a serious powerhouse.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/ncb/story/_/id/6766969/texas-arlington-mavericks-expected-join-wac

The University of Texas-Arlington athletic department is poised to begin a new chapter with its impending move to the Western Athletic Conference.

Sun-Belt finally has a conference it can poke fun of.

NatureBoy
07-15-2011, 07:02 AM
South Carolina's new football uniforms.

In their first update since Under Armour became the Gamecocks’ official football apparel provider in 2007, South Carolina’s uniforms this season will feature different lettering, numbers and striping while being a bit lighter for players.

The word “Carolina” across the chest and numbers have been changed to the typefaces introduced on the basketball jerseys last year. “Carolina” is in a bolder, stronger typeface. The same letter and number styles will be used on uniforms on all Gamecocks teams, so all the school will have an easily recognizable look.

In solving another issue, the color garnet in the football uniforms is the same shade that will be used for all teams. The shades had varied among sports, especially on the basketball team when some fans thought the uniforms looked a little too Georgia red.

Replica jerseys should be available in stores by mid-August.

The material used to make the new football jerseys and pants is more stretchy, so less fabric is needed, said Adam Clement, senior on-field designer for Under Armour. Also the numbers are an inch or two smaller. Combined, they cut the weight of the jerseys by 20 percent, he said.

Chris Matlock, USC’s equipment manager, said the players have loved the new stretchy material, though they are a little harder to get on and off.

In other design changes, Under Armour has moved the two-tone stripes from on top of the shoulders to the front and added thin curved stripes along the back. The curves are supposed to represent the rounded paths in USC’s Horseshoe and the crescent moon in the South Carolina state flag, Clement said.

The words from the USC’s alma mater, “Forever to thee,” are sewn in the front tail of the jerseys.

The pants replace two smaller crescent stripes with one longer one and a small stripe on the back calf that resembles a spur. “Gamecocks” is printed on the back of the pants.

Linemen will get some help with pants that have openings that stretch more easily over knee braces, said John Holschuh, Under Armour’s senior product manager. Before, teams cut pant legs to accommodate the bulky hardware. The pants also stretch more around the crotch so they don't slide down when players crouch, he said.

Under Armour is breaking out a new belt buckle, replacing metal double D-shaped rings with a composite plastic clasp similar to that used on its backpacks that slips less and is lighter, Holschuh said. The belts were tested by South Florida last season, he said.

Under Armour tested the materials used in South Carolina’s jerseys over the past three years using seven different fabrics and four designs, Clement said.

Later this year, Under Armour plans to introduce a unique design pattern for South Carolina that could be used on jerseys, compression shirts or apparel sold at stores, Clement said.

The company added a tortoise shell print on the sides of Maryland basketball jerseys and a stained glass print on the numbers of Boston College hoops uniforms, while Hawaii’s football team’s new uniforms are expected to include a native tattoo print.

South Carolina’s print could include Palmetto trees and the crescent moon that are part of the state flag, Clement said, but no decision has been made.

With all the updates coming to South Carolina uniforms, Clement said the baseball team might not alter its jerseys right off the bat.

“We don’t want to change too much with two national championships,” he said.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/GamecockWarrior/F808695.jpghttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/GamecockWarrior/F808687.jpg

bdoughty
07-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Memo to Nike. That is how a uniform upgrade should look.

SmoothPancakes
07-16-2011, 02:45 AM
Memo to Nike. That is how a uniform upgrade should look.

I have to second this. Those uniforms looks nice! I may just have to make a coaching stop at South Carolina in NCAA 13 if they get those uniforms in the game.

NatureBoy
07-16-2011, 06:58 PM
I have to second this. Those uniforms looks nice! I may just have to make a coaching stop at South Carolina in NCAA 13 if they get those uniforms in the game. These uniforms are in NCAA 12.

Coach Kernzy
07-16-2011, 07:41 PM
These uniforms are in NCAA 12.
No kidding, those are in 12?

I'm a huge Spurrier fan and Lattimore is just a stud, plain and simple.

NatureBoy
07-16-2011, 10:41 PM

I'm a huge Spurrier fan and Lattimore is just a stud, plain and simple.Yep. they are in this year's game.

SmoothPancakes
07-17-2011, 01:48 AM
These uniforms are in NCAA 12.

I'm a huge Spurrier fan and Lattimore is just a stud, plain and simple.

Yep. they are in this year's game.

Sweet! Well then, South Carolina just became an automatic stop for me at some point on my Coaching Carousel dynasty. Now they just better offer me a job at some point.

psusnoop
07-18-2011, 06:22 AM
USC's RB Marc Tyler after a night out in Hollywood.

http://www.tmz.com/page/3/?mediaKey=942cda19-acd0-42fc-8a59-86b6ddcbcf4a&isShareURL=true

baseballplyrmvp
07-18-2011, 09:06 AM

http://www.tmz.com/page/3/?mediaKey=942cda19-acd0-42fc-8a59-86b6ddcbcf4a&isShareURL=true

kid has a serious drinking problem. but it was pretty funny.

baseballplyrmvp
07-18-2011, 07:10 PM

kid has a serious drinking problem. but it was pretty funny.

and marc tyler has now been suspended for the season opener for the comments made in his drunken state. lol

JBHuskers
07-19-2011, 11:27 AM

I just heard this clip :D :D :D :D awesome.

:sf:

baseballplyrmvp
07-19-2011, 09:58 PM
keyshawn johnson was on cfb live today....and the espn guy was talking about this issue. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6784411&categoryid=2378529

espn guy: "exactly how much education is there for the :USC: and ucla players that things are different where they live and go to school?"

keyshawn: "well, first of all, no one really cares about ucla in this town."

http://techdivebg.com/forum/images/smilies/rofl.gif:D

NatureBoy
07-22-2011, 09:25 AM
Gamecocks picked to win SEC East. :South_Carolina:

South Carolina was picked to win the Southeastern Conference's Eastern Division at SEC Media Days this week in Hoover, Ala.

South Carolina wide receiver Alshon Jeffery received more first-team All-SEC votes than any other player in the league.

The Gamecocks, coming off of their first division title in school history, return most of their key players from the 2010 season, including running back Marcus Lattimore, wide receiver Alshon Jeffery and cornerback Stephon Gilmore- all of whom were first-team All-SEC selections by the media at the event. Jeffery picked up 152 out of a possible 167 votes, the highest amount of any first-team offensive selection. Lattimore picked up 130 out of 167- the third-highest.

South Carolina received 114 first-place votes. Georgia was predicted to finish second (38 votes), Florida third (12 votes), Tennessee fourth (two votes), Kentucky fifth (1 vote) and Vanderbilt sixth.

Alabama was picked to win the SEC West and the overall SEC Championship. The Crimson Tide picked up 111 first place votes in the west, followed by LSU (30 votes), Arkansas (23 votes), Mississippi State (1 vote), Auburn and Ole Miss (two votes).

Alabama picked up 98 votes to win the overall title, followed by LSU (29), Arkansas (18), South Carolina (14), Georgia (4), Florida (2) and Ole Miss (2).

Gamecocks quarterback Stephen Garcia was selected second team All-SEC, along with teammates Devin Taylor and Melvin Ingram (both defensive linemen). South Carolina offensive linemen Kyle Nunn and Rokevious Watkins, along with linebacker Shaq Wilson, picked up third team honors.

All-SEC First Team

Offense

TE- Orson Charles, Georgia
OL- Barrett Jones, Alabama
OL- Bradley Sowell, Ole Miss
OL- Cordy Glenn, Georgia
OL- Larry Warford, Kentucky (tie)
OL- Brandon Mosley, Auburn (tie)
C- William Vlachos, Alabama
WR- Greg Childs, Arkansas
WR- Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina
QB- Aaron Murray, Georgia
RB- Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
RB- Trent Richardson, Alabama

Defense

DL- Jake Bequette, Arkansas
DL- Josh Chapman, Alabama
DL- Kentrell Lockett, Ole Miss
DL- Malik Jackson, Tennessee
LB- Dont'a Hightower, Alabama
LB- Courtney Upshaw, Alabama
LB- Danny Trevathan, Kentucky
DB- Mark Barron, Alabama
DB- Robert Lester, Alabama
DB- Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina
DB- Morris Claiborne, LSU

Specialists

PK- Blair Walsh, Georgia
P- Drew Butler, Georgia
Return specialist- Brandon Boykin, Georgia
All-Purpose- Trent Richardson, Alabama

All-SEC- second team

Offense

TE- Phillip Lutzenkirchen, Auburn
OL- D.J. Fluker, Alabama
OL- Alex Hurst, LSU
OL- Bobby Massie, Ole Miss
OL- Chance Warmack, Alabama
C- Ben Jones, Georgia
WR- Marquise Maize, Alabama
WR- Joe Adams, Arkansas
QB- Stephen Garcia, South Carolina
RB- Knile Davis, Arkansas
RB- Michael Dyer, Auburn

Defense

DL- Devin Taylor, South Carolina
DL- Nosa Egua, Auburn
DL- DeAngelo Tyson, Georgia
DL- Fletcher Cox, Mississippi State (tie)
DL- Travian Robertson, South Carolina (tie)
LB- Chris Marve, Vanderbilt
LB- Jerry Franklin, Arkansas
LB- Ryan Baker, LSU
DB- Dre' Kirkpatrick, Alabama
DB- Brandon Boykin, Georgia
DB- Janzen Jackson, Tennessee
DB- Neiko Thorpe, Auburn

Specialists

PK- Caleb Sturgis, Florida
P- Tyler Campbell, Ole Miss
RS- Onterrio McClaeeb, Aubun
AP- Joe Adams, Arkansas

All-SEC- third team

Offense

TE- Michael Williams, Alabama (tie)
TE- Brandon Barden, Vanderbilt (tie)
OL- Grant Cook, Arkansas
OL- Kyle Nunn, South Carolina
OL- Rokevious Watkins, South Carolina
OL- Alvin Bailey, Arkansas (tie)
OL- Addison Lawrence, Mississippi State (tie)
OL- Gabe Jackson, Mississippi State (tie)
C- Travis Swanson, Arkansas
WR- Jarious Wright, Arkansas
WR- Emory Blake, Auburn
QB- Jordan Jefferson, LSU
RB- Brandon Bolden, Ole Miss
RB- Tauren Poole, Tennessee

Defense

DL- Melvin Ingram, South Carolina
DL- Barkevious Mingo, LSU
DL- Sam Montgomery, LSU
DL- Tenarius Wright, Arkansas (tie)
DL- Dominique Easley, Florida (tie)
LB- Shaq Wilson, South Carolina
LB- C.J. Mosley, Alabama
LB- Jon Bostic, Florida (tie)
LB- Jerico Nelson, Arkansas (tie)
DB- Casey Heyward, Vanderbilt
DB- T'Sharvan Bell, Auburn
DB- Tyrann Mathieu, LSU
DB- Tramain Thomas, Arkansas

Specialists

PK- Zach Hocker, Arkansas (tie)
PK- Byron Rose, Ole Miss (tie)
P- Ryan Tydlacka, Kentucky
RS- Marquise Maize, Alabama
AP- Trey Burton, Florida

Predicted order of finish

SEC East

1- South Carolina (114 first-place votes)
2- Georgia (38)
3- Florida (12)
4- Tennessee (2)
5- Kentucky (1)
6- Vanderbilt

SEC West

1. Alabama (111 first-place votes)
2. LSU (30)
3. Arkansas (23)
4. Mississippi State (1)
5. Auburn
6. Ole Miss (2)

SEC Champion

Alabama (98 votes)
LSU (29)
Arkansas (18)
South Carolina (14)
Georgia (4)
Florida (2)
Ole Miss (2)

cjg225
07-22-2011, 11:40 AM
*sigh*

Alabama is going to just crap all over Penn State... again.

JBHuskers
07-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Yeah after much thought, I'm rolling the dice and going with Stanford as champs for 2011.

ebarws6
07-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Well the schedule is certainly favorable, though there are a few tricky road games (but we should be favored) @ Arizona, @ USC, and @ Oregon State (anything can happen in Corvallis). And then of course there's the big test, Oregon. Not to mention anything can happen in the Big Game. It will certainly be an interesting year, but there is good opportunity for a slip up.

JBHuskers
07-22-2011, 01:26 PM
Well the schedule is certainly favorable, though there are a few tricky road games (but we should be favored) @ Arizona, @ USC, and @ Oregon State (anything can happen in Corvallis). And then of course there's the big test, Oregon. Not to mention anything can happen in the Big Game. It will certainly be an interesting year, but there is good opportunity for a slip up.

I think with the advent of a conference title game, they will be well positioned for a BCS Title game if they win it and have one loss.

Buckeyes551
07-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Ditto, Stanford could do it. I think Oregon will have at least two losses unless they beat LSU at the beginning of the season which I think LSU is gonna win.

bdoughty
07-22-2011, 05:34 PM

As much as I hate to say it you left out a pretty big game with Notre Dame at the end of the season. Even if ND is not up to par, the middle/end of the schedule is brutal. 7 straight weeks with no cupcakes on the plate. Only plus is the last three are at home.

Washington
@ USC
@ Oregon St
Oregon
California
Notre Dame
Pac 12 Championship (assuming you make it)

ebarws6
07-22-2011, 10:04 PM
As much as I hate to say it you left out a pretty big game with Notre Dame at the end of the season. Even if ND is not up to par, the middle/end of the schedule is brutal. 7 straight weeks with no cupcakes on the plate. Only plus is the last three are at home.

Washington
@ USC
@ Oregon St
Oregon
California
Notre Dame
Pac 12 Championship (assuming you make it)

I guess I overlooked the ND game because last year we manhandled them at their place and it looks to be about the same teams this year, and since 08 we've gone 16-2 at home, undefeated last year.

bdoughty
07-23-2011, 04:36 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/2011/7/20/2282082/mike-leach-texas-tech-interview

A Day With Mike Leach: Sailing Key West's High Seas With The Pirate Captain

Some gems in here.

He's addressing the air, or us, or no one in particular, or everyone, or maybe just the dying light of the sun burning a brilliant purple-red hole hole in the horizon. Sometimes it's hard to tell.

"If I'm a big fat lazy fish, I'm not gonna work. I'm gonna eat the dead fish. It wouldn't make a difference to me, would it?"

The captain says something, but it's cut off by Leach's closing argument.

"Fish aren't smart. It's not like they have advanced degrees."

"Okay, so here's a story for you. Kilff Kingsbury was our starter, and he was sort of conservative, you know? B.J. (Symons) knew what I wanted to audible to before I even said it, but Kilff was just careful like that. It was third and long against someone, and their corner was cheating way up. Kind of a cheat back, and then at the last second he'd pop up."

"Well, we had good technique, and were pretty good getting off the line, so I called "Six," or our call for four verticals. We had it, and I called it, and Kliff shook me off. Now most of the time I'm fine with quarterbacks shaking me off, but we had this, and I got mad and called time out and said some things to Kliff."

He spits in the ocean, and continues.

"So Kliff goes out there, and I call "Six" again, and he shakes me off again, and now we get delay of game. It's fourth down, and we're on our own forty, but I just call it again and have some words with Kliff. We hit it against that corner cheating up for a touchdown, and Kliff comes up and starts yelling at me angry on the sideline: 'FINE, FINE, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? WE DID IT YOUR WAY, AND NOW ARE YOU HAPPY?' And I was."

"I think we were almost there in Lubbock. Other schools like Texas and Oklahoma are getting 23 draft picks in five years, and we're getting nine. They turn out draft picks all the time there, and we were getting there. We could have had something like Virginia Tech in Lubbock, I think."

JBHuskers
08-04-2011, 08:58 AM
It's almost time for football!

Husker Pump Up Video 1995 (Pre-game video seen only by players)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjSRwt-2d7I

gschwendt
08-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Is the opening music because they are not smart men? But do they know what love is?

Good to see the excitement around Arkansas State and the willingness of new head coach Freeze to give us a peak inside (whereas before everything was so closed off)
From yesterday's player's meeting.
http://yfrog.com/f3yusz

JBHuskers
08-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Is the opening music because they are not smart men? But do they know what love is?

Good to see the excitement around Arkansas State and the willingness of new head coach Freeze to give us a peak inside (whereas before everything was so closed off)
From yesterday's player's meeting.
http://yfrog.com/f3yusz

I think they want a box of chocolates.

psuexv
08-04-2011, 09:50 AM
It's almost time for football!

Husker Pump Up Video 1995 (Pre-game video seen only by players)

Isn't a pump up video supposed to pump you up... Phil Collins isn't doing it for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqGQfrh4RUo&feature=related

JBHuskers
08-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Isn't a pump up video supposed to pump you up... Phil Collins isn't doing it for me

I think it worked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Fiesta_Bowl

psuexv
08-04-2011, 09:59 AM
I think it worked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Fiesta_Bowl

Wonder if it would have worked here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Rose_Bowl

psusnoop
08-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Wonder if it would have worked here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Rose_Bowl

Oh no, not this debate "biting tongue" this would have been a classic for sure.

cdj
08-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Parkinson’s diagnosis forces Kragthorpe to step aside as LSU’s coordinator (http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/04/parkinsons-diagnosis-forces-kragthorpe-to-step-aside-as-lsus-coordinator/related/)

It was expected and known that LSU would have a new offensive coordinator heading into the 2011 season. What wasn’t expected was that the new coordinator wouldn’t be Steve Kragthorpe.

Such is the case, unfortunately, as LSU announced Thursday afternoon that Kragthorpe has decided to step down as the team’s offensive coordinator. Kragthorpe was recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, which prompted the decision to step aside.

Greg Studrawa will take over as the Tigers’ coordinator, although Kragthorpe will remain on the staff as the quarterbacks coach. Studrawa received what head coach Les Miles referred to as a “battlefield promotion” roughly two weeks ago.

“I hope for the next 8 to 12 years I can still be here coaching the QBs. At this point, it is best for me to only coach the QBs,” a statement attributed to Kragthorpe on the school’s official football Twitter feed read.

Kragthorpe was hired by LSU in January of this year to replace Gary Crowton, who left to take the same position at Maryland following the 2010 season. In July of 2010, and five months after he was hired for the position, Kragthorpe resigned as Texas A&M’s wide receivers coach due to medical issues involving his wife.

Our best wishes and prayers go out to Kragthorpe as he fights his way through this battle with Parkinson’s.

psuexv
08-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Preseason Top 25 is out.

AP - http://collegefootball.about.com/od/schools/tp/rankings-preseason.htm

Biggest stretch that I see is Notre Dame at 11

cjg225
08-04-2011, 01:26 PM
WTF? The AP Preseason Poll is awful. The Coaches poll was MUCH better.

No way we deserve to be 16th at all. I think we're 28th-30th. I accept 25 on the Coaches. Miami at 25? West Virginia at 24? Florida State at 13 (this tastes like vomit in my mouth, but I think the Coaches Poll had them about right...)? Oregon at 1? That School at 11?

EDIT: Hmm. I don't think that's a legit poll. I can't find it anywhere else.

psuexv
08-04-2011, 01:29 PM
WTF? The AP Preseason Poll is awful. The Coaches poll was MUCH better.

No way we deserve to be 16th at all. I think we're 28th-30th. I accept 25 on the Coaches. Miami at 25? West Virginia at 24? Florida State at 13 (this tastes like vomit in my mouth, but I think the Coaches Poll had them about right...)? Oregon at 1? That School at 11?

Yeah the 2 polls are way off in comparison

JBHuskers
08-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Preseason Top 25 is out.

AP - http://collegefootball.about.com/od/schools/tp/rankings-preseason.htm

Biggest stretch that I see is that Penn State is rated higher than Nebraska

Fixed.

SmoothPancakes
08-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Wow, did a f'ing braindead monkey create that poll. How the fuck does 6-6 Notre Dame get an 11 ranking? :fp: What the hell did they do, just put the names of the most popular teams in the game, actually pick the top 5, and then draw out of a hat for the rest or something?

morsdraconis
08-04-2011, 03:18 PM
I think, as someone else said, it's fake.

SmoothPancakes
08-04-2011, 03:26 PM

God, I sure hope so, because if that was real, a whole bunch of people who vote in the AP poll need to be shot. :smh:

psuexv
08-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Wow, did a f'ing braindead monkey create that poll. How the fuck does 6-6 Notre Dame get an 11 ranking? :fp: What the hell did they do, just put the names of the most popular teams in the game, actually pick the top 5, and then draw out of a hat for the rest or something?

I don't think. USA Today has ND at 18

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

AustinWolv
08-04-2011, 03:44 PM
People think ND improved over the last half of last season and finished strong, plus they have some pretty good players on defense. Plus they reinstated Floyd. If they get just average QB play, they'll be a decent team that should be able to hang. I'd say one could argue that somewhere in the #18-23 range is reasonable for them. 11? Nah, no way. Too many questions.

JBHuskers
08-04-2011, 04:05 PM

BTW :Notre_Dame: finished 8-5.

cjg225
08-04-2011, 04:40 PM
In trying to determine the legitimacy of this poll (and I believe it is fake), I saw that the AP Preseason Poll will be released on August 20th.

SmoothPancakes
08-04-2011, 07:33 PM
BTW :Notre_Dame: finished 8-5.

Alright, my mistake. I somehow ended up with 2009's standings on ESPN rather than 2010 when I looked them up earlier. :fp:

Still, no way in hell is Notre Dame realistically a #11 ranked team. #17 tops.

Paakaa10
08-04-2011, 08:10 PM
New Football Uniforms for Purdue (http://www.purduesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080411aad.html)

Photo Gallery Here (http://www.purduesports.com/view.gal?id=98955)

JBHuskers
08-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Here's the promotional poster for the "new" Big 12:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/big12suckle.jpg

AustinWolv
08-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Good grief, like the Nike influence isn't obvious on the Purdue uniforms.

JB, lol. Either that or some old hag schoolteacher paddling all the kids would work too.....or maybe a pimp with his cup smacking around his girls......

Paakaa10
08-05-2011, 09:51 PM
UCBearcat4ever posted this over in the uniform feedback thread for NCAA Football 13, but I'll share it here:

Buffalo is getting new uniforms this year. (http://www.buffalobulls.com/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/201108036uxxks)

JBHuskers
08-05-2011, 10:59 PM
UCBearcat4ever posted this over in the uniform feedback thread for NCAA Football 13, but I'll share it here:

Buffalo is getting new uniforms this year. (http://www.buffalobulls.com/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/201108036uxxks)

Detroit Lions?

SmoothPancakes
08-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Detroit Lions?

That was the first thing I thought.

JBHuskers
08-08-2011, 11:40 AM
ESPN Power Rankings just posted by Pat Forde

http://espn.go.com/ncf/feature/video/_/id/6828189/preseason-power-rankings

Guessing they'll reveal five each day.

JBHuskers
08-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Terrell Pryor is begging for the NFL Gods to hear him!

http://twitter.com/#!/Rotoworld_FB/status/100681210518454272

http://twitter.com/#!/TerrellePryor/status/100678533340348416

AustinWolv
08-08-2011, 06:13 PM
What a tool

baseballplyrmvp
08-08-2011, 07:03 PM
i hope he's denied.

JeffHCross
08-08-2011, 07:36 PM
i hope he's denied.Me too.

morsdraconis
08-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Same here. Fuck him.

baseballplyrmvp
08-08-2011, 10:09 PM
what would be funny is if the patriots drafted him. then when pryor tries out for qb in practice, belichick is like, "i'm gonna give you one chance at qb."

pryor says, "ok"

some random play is run, when pryor takes off scrambling. belichick whistles, and chews him out for not throwing it to ochocinco. pryor starts to say something, when belichick interrupts him and says, "shut the hell up and go play receiver." he's cut the next day. :D

JBHuskers
08-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Breaking: Texas governor Rick Perry on Texas A&M to SEC rumors: 'Conversations are being had' http://t.co/k1jOwyT

SmoothPancakes
08-11-2011, 12:32 AM
Eh, same thing we've been hearing for months. Though I do think it's going to happen and the Big 12 is going to implode eventually. The crap the other schools were forced to swallow to appease Texas and keep them in, that conference doesn't have very long.

morsdraconis
08-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Yup and Texas will either join the PAC-12 or just say fuck everyone and go Independent.

gschwendt
08-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Not that too many people really care but sounds like Schnellenberger is going to announce his retirement at the end of this season today. There's a press conference at 4pm to make "an important announcement about the future of the FAU football program". This is the last year of his contract so it only makes sense.

AustinWolv
08-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Yup and Texas will either join the PAC-12 or just say fuck everyone and go Independent.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Indie out of them, at least short term, as they have a friggin' money machine and want to be THE program out there.

SmoothPancakes
08-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Wouldn't surprise me to see Indie out of them, at least short term, as they have a friggin' money machine and want to be THE program out there.

And have their own TV network.

AustinWolv
08-11-2011, 11:37 AM
And have their own TV network.
Yeah, huge exposure they have planned on that thing. Hence why the Big12 is pissed, lol.

This is a machine at work:
http://www.texaslonghornsenergy.com/why-switch/how-it-works

jaymo76
08-11-2011, 01:09 PM
It's sad to see what has happened to the WAC and what will happen to the Big 12. I'm not a big fan of super conferences at all.

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Never too early for the first Heisman Watch of the year.... (http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman/)

SmoothPancakes
08-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Typical and non-surprising. Full of big name players from top name schools. No love for the little guy.

cdj
08-11-2011, 03:13 PM
After a 5-7 season, this is exactly what Texas fans want to hear:

Mack Brown: Longhorn Network a "second full-time job" (http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1250741)

Mack talked about how the Longhorn Network had become a "second full-time job" and said "no question it's a whole lot of work."

He said it's constant from the time he gets to the office to which coaches should be miked at practice - if those coaches even want to be miked at practice.

Mack called it a second full-time job. So I asked him if it was just more work or a distraction.

"Both," Mack said. "I mean we're not going to let it be a distraction. But anytime you've got added work - to put it in the best place, a year from now we'll all know what it means.

"We will have worked together. But obviously the Longhorn Network objectives, like your (the media's) objectives, are different from mine. So it would be no different from one of you coming to practice every day and us negotiating what you can say and what you see.

"It's never been done before. So everything that happens, we have to go over. John sits down with me, then I sit down with the coaches and say, 'Stacy (Searels), you mind if they mike you today for your meeting?' That takes time, extra time. And Stacy says, 'I don't want to talk to anybody except my players.' Then I say to John, 'Not Stacy.'

"'What about you Darrell (Wyatt)?' So it's different. A year from now we'll be able to say here's who we are and here's the format. But it happened so quickly, and the network isn't even up yet. We are all wondering if they show practice, what does that mean?

"How can you show practice without formations or defensive alignment? So there's still a lot of things we have to work out before the week of the Rice game to be fair to the network that we can help them with what Texas felt like it could help them with football.

"And at the same time not be a distraction and not take too much time from our day-to-day routine and not distract our players. It is constant. Steve and I have become really good friends. He walks in with me and walks out with me.

"The thing I want us to get out of it as a program and the only thing it seems to me we can get out of it is exposure for players and young coaches. If I'm Major Applewhite's age, or Bryan Harsin's age or Manny Diaz's age or Stacy, if I'm those guys, it's great exposure for them.

"If I'm an athletic director and I'm interested in one of these coaches, I'm going to turn on the Longhorn Network and watch them. We'll have an hour show on Monday that reviews the previous game. The radio show will now be on air. And then you've got a 30-minute show on Thursday night.

"Those coaches are going to be on there a whole lot. I have to make sure it doesn't change the responsibilities I have in this program. But I'm going to be doing more things than I've done. And I'm on TV enough.

"But I think it's an advantage for a player. If he wants exposure nationally, he'll get it daily. And I think it's a good thing."

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 03:23 PM
After a 5-7 season, this is exactly what Texas fans want to hear:

But it's exactly what Nebraska fans want to hear :nod:

gschwendt
08-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Schnellenberger officially done after this season. Early rumored candidates include Mike Leach, Randy Shannon, and Butch Davis who all have ties to the current AD.

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Rumor coming out of College State is A&M to SEC decision could come as early as two weeks, and happen as early as next year.

cdj
08-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Rumor coming out of College State is A&M to SEC decision could come as early as two weeks, and happen as early as next year.

The A&M Rivals site is reporting it as fact (http://twitpic.com/64kyb8).

baseballplyrmvp
08-11-2011, 06:59 PM
i hope so.....everything was set to happen for the pac16 before boobe and texas had to eff things up and create the longhorn network.

cdj
08-11-2011, 07:10 PM
At this rate, they may have to go back to the Big 8 moniker.

jaymo76
08-12-2011, 01:28 AM
At this rate, they may have to go back to the Big 8 moniker.

No, at this rate they may wish to consider the BIG WAC. :(

cdj
08-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Rumors now saying Florida State in discussions with SEC (http://t.co/b0E432c). That makes sense if A&M is a done deal to get conference to 14 teams.

AustinWolv
08-12-2011, 11:03 AM
That is better exposure for FSU. And makes their bball program a bit more competitive in-conf versus getting beat up by ACC conf teams.

psuexv
08-12-2011, 11:14 AM
If the SEC is looking to add 2 schools and FSU is one of them, I'd think they would be better off going after Miami than A&M.

AustinWolv
08-12-2011, 11:20 AM
SEC already has lots of ties to FL, so maybe they want exposure to Texas for recruiting and wider audience (more TV money).

SmoothPancakes
08-12-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm not sure how much I believe that those discussion are serious. It's never been a secret that Florida and South Carolina would do anything to try and block any chances for Florida State or Clemson to ever join.

psuexv
08-12-2011, 11:23 AM
SEC already has lots of ties to FL, so maybe they want exposure to Texas for recruiting and wider audience (more TV money).

True, I guess looking at it from a business aspect that would make more sense

morsdraconis
08-12-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm not sure how much I believe that those discussion are serious. It's never been a secret that Florida and South Carolina would do anything to try and block any chances for Florida State or Clemson to ever join.

This.

No way FSU or Miami goes to the SEC. Florida already has their hands full trying to recruit against them in separate conferences with the better conference prestige being lauded over FSU and Miami's heads. No way they allow FSU into the SEC.

WVU will go to the SEC before FSU or Miami does.

SmoothPancakes
08-12-2011, 11:56 AM
This.

No way FSU or Miami goes to the SEC. Florida already has their hands full trying to recruit against them in separate conferences with the better conference prestige being lauded over FSU and Miami's heads. No way they allow FSU into the SEC.

WVU will go to the SEC before FSU or Miami does.

Yeah, Florida is perfectly happy having the advantage of the prestige of the SEC over that of the ACC when recruiting against FSU and Miami. Same thing with South Carolina and Clemson. I just don't see any way Florida and SC would agree to let any of those three into the SEC.

souljahbill
08-12-2011, 07:26 PM
What do y'all mean "let them in?" Does it have to be a unanimous vote or something? It's not like Florida or South Carolina are going to bail if Clemson or FSU gets in so they can kick and scream all they want. Unless it has to be unanimous, they're just 1 vote.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
08-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Yeah, but they can do their damnedest to get enough schools in the rest of the SEC to vote to reject and block entry. And they will do their damnedest. Florida and South Carolina would possibly ally up regarding votes on FSU and Clemson, so right there's two schools voting against them. Then it's just a matter of getting 4-5 more to officially block their chances of entry.

Cody
08-13-2011, 07:11 AM
Really don't want to see the SEC get any better..

souljahbill
08-13-2011, 09:15 AM
ESPN is saying A&M is in and Clemson, FSU, and Missouri are probably getting in too. Here comes the super-conferences.

---

SmoothPancakes
08-13-2011, 09:15 AM
According to a Breaking News scroll on ESPN, Doug Gottlieb's sources tell him that Texas A&M will indeed be joining the SEC. Clemson, Florida State and Missouri are also likely to join.

Not entirely sure if I buy that. Since when has Missouri become a school of SEC football quality? And I still think Florida and South Carolina would do whatever it takes to block any chances of entry for Florida State and Clemson.

Damn, got beat. :D

souljahbill
08-13-2011, 09:22 AM
Missouri is probably in to get to the league to 16 and gain access to the St. Louis TV market.

---

SmoothPancakes
08-13-2011, 09:29 AM
Yeah, maybe. At least for me when it comes to teams I'd look at to accept in, Missouri wouldn't be one of them. They could do better than Missouri. You're already raiding the ACC, why not try to pick up Virginia Tech along the way? Sure, there's the Virginia-VT rivalry, but they could always play it as an OOC game like many other rivalries. Missouri, the TV market is about the only thing that would make sense about that addition.

souljahbill
08-13-2011, 09:38 AM
Besides TV, Missouri also helps with symmetry. Clemson and FSU would add 2 more eastern teams (and 2 more rivalry games). A&M is obviously in the West so they needed 1 more Western school. Missouri owns that state the same way LSU owns LA and Arkansas owns AR (sorry Tommy). I could see Arkansas-Missouri becoming a rivalry game as well as LSU-A&M. Also, if I'm correct, Missouri is high academic school so it could "help" the conference in that regard.

---

Cody
08-13-2011, 09:39 AM
Super conference!

souljahbill
08-13-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm interested how the scheduling would work in a 16-team conference. You have 7 division games. Do they play 1 or 2 cross-divisional games and will they still have a protected rivalry game (LSU plays Florida every year for example)?

---

SmoothPancakes
08-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Besides TV, Missouri also helps with symmetry. Clemson and FSU would add 2 more eastern teams (and 2 more rivalry games). A&M is obviously in the West so they needed 1 more Western school. Missouri owns that state the same way LSU owns LA and Arkansas owns AR (sorry Tommy). I could see Arkansas-Missouri becoming a rivalry game as well as LSU-A&M. Also, if I'm correct, Missouri is high academic school so it could "help" the conference in that regard.

---

True. I suppose from that angle it makes sense.

So now the real questions start. Now that the SEC has made the first move in the Super Conference arms race, what next for the ACC, Big 10 and Pac-12. The ACC, I have a feeling, is going to raid either the Big East (again) or Conference USA to either make up for losing Clemson and Florida State, or a combination to jump to 16 teams. The Big Ten will probably seriously look at raiding the Big East (if Notre Dame again refuses to join), and the Pac-12 will finish raiding the Big 12. Because of their refusal to give up the Longhorn Network, and the Pac-12's desire to have all teams on board with the Pac-12 Network, Texas ends up going independent.

Cody
08-13-2011, 09:55 AM
What are the chances Texas AND ND go to the B10?

souljahbill
08-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Texas in the Big 10 is just as gross to me as TCU in the Big East. As long as custom conferences are in the NCAA games, I'll always be free of that filth.

---

Cody
08-13-2011, 10:12 AM
If we get the super conferences, will we see a play off system?

souljahbill
08-13-2011, 10:33 AM
If we get the super conferences, will we see a play off system?Not likely. With a playoff system, 2-16 teams can say they had a successful season. With bowls, 60+ teams can say they had a successful season by saying they went to the ______________ Bowl. Now, going to the Capital One Bowl may be a "consolation prize" for an SEC team, going to the New Orleans Bowl is a big deal for a Sun Belt team. That's why bowls aren't going away anytime soon. When your athletic department is trying to raise money, saying you played in a bowl game after a 6-6 season is a more positive sales pitch then we went 6-6 and watched the top 2-16 teams play each other on tv with everybody else.

baseballplyrmvp
08-13-2011, 10:44 AM
missouri's AD has told the St Louis paper that the school will not leave for the SEC.

Cody
08-13-2011, 11:12 AM
If not Mizou, then who?

baseballplyrmvp
08-13-2011, 12:25 PM
penn state players all worried they're gonna be the one who accidentally kills joe paterno (http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/penn-state-players-all-worried-theyre-going-to-be,21120/)

oweb26
08-13-2011, 02:51 PM
IF FSU and Clemson leave the ACC they are both stupid. You are already in an automatic qualifier and there is really no real reason to leave the conference.

SmoothPancakes
08-13-2011, 03:16 PM
IF FSU and Clemson leave the ACC they are both stupid. You are already in an automatic qualifier and there is really no real reason to leave the conference.

Because they'd be leaving the 2nd lowest regarded BCS conference for the one of the highest regarded BCS conferences.

Cody
08-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Because they'd be leaving the 2nd lowest regarded BCS conference for the one of the highest regarded BCS conferences.

If I only I could +1 with rep

oweb26
08-13-2011, 08:31 PM

While that sounds good in theory (and is true at the same time), you are still an auto qualifier let one of them be undefeated (ACC) and you have a one loss SEC team the ACC team will still get in, over that one loss SEC team, especially if it FSU. So if they go to the SEC then you will in essence have to fight every week and you might not ever go undefeated to play in the BCS. Outside of money I cant see a reason to do it is all I am saying, you arent gaining anything but money and your stature as a team will not necessarily improve anyway, because the way things are you will still play an SEC team in the title game and not have the week in and out headaches.

Cody
08-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Looks like AMU to SEC not official

morsdraconis
08-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Not gonna happen. No way they get Texas A&M plus Clemson and/or Florida State and Missouri. It's just not gonna happen. Too many of the schools absolutely rely on Florida recruiting and having two more schools in the same conference to fight with over those kids is just too much. Having Texas A&M might give more access to the Texas kids, but it's gonna be very limited (in the same way that TCU and Holgorsen at WVU is gonna give the Big East more access to the Texas kids).

bdoughty
08-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Aggie joke for the day...

How many Aggie jokes are there?
None, they are all true.

Funny story

http://www.ttu.edu/traditions/rogers.php

Texas Tech tradition and legends surrounds the statue. According to one legend, the plan to face Will Rogers so that he could be riding off into the sunset did not work out as it would cause Soapsuds' rear to be facing downtown. To solve this problem, the horse and Will was turned 23 degrees to the east so the horse's posterior was facing in the direction of Texas A&M, one of the school's rivals.

baseballplyrmvp
08-18-2011, 08:34 AM
pryor is elligible for the supplemental draft......but wont be allowed to practice with his new team until after the 5th game of the nfl season, because he undermined the supplemental draft.

fucking bullshit.

JBHuskers
08-18-2011, 08:47 AM
I think that's fair.

morsdraconis
08-18-2011, 09:03 AM
:dunno:

He'll still be a horrible QB. He better be ready to turn into a WR or he won't do shit in the NFL.

psuexv
08-18-2011, 09:17 AM
:dunno:

He'll still be a horrible QB. He better be ready to turn into a WR or he won't do shit in the NFL.

:nod:

He better check his ego at the door and become an H back

SmoothPancakes
08-18-2011, 09:38 AM
pryor is elligible for the supplemental draft......but wont be allowed to practice with his new team until after the 5th game of the nfl season, because he undermined the supplemental draft.

fucking bullshit.

Even though I wanted to see him get left out in the cold this season, just for the hell of it, that's hilarious. He got suspended at OSU for 5 games, ended up leaving the team instead of probably being found ineligible for the entire season, and then instead of hoping to jump right into things if a team is actually willing to sign him, his ass will still have to sit out 5 games before being allowed to do anything. :D

HWill
08-18-2011, 09:57 AM
That rule seems ridiculous to me. Why is the NFL doing the NCAA's dirty work? If the NFL feels as though he has undermined the integrity of the rules, they shouldn't let him in at all.

AustinWolv
08-18-2011, 10:31 AM
That rule seems ridiculous to me. Why is the NFL doing the NCAA's dirty work? If the NFL feels as though he has undermined the integrity of the rules, they shouldn't let him in at all.

I agree with this sentiment.

Instead of what they ruled, I would rather see them let him practice but he doesn't get paid squat until after the 5th game or whatever.

morsdraconis
08-18-2011, 10:34 AM
It's all about him going around the rules for the supplemental draft. That's why he's getting suspended for 5 games with no practice or pay.

JBHuskers
08-18-2011, 10:37 AM
It's all about him going around the rules for the supplemental draft. That's why he's getting suspended for 5 games with no practice or pay.

:+1:

HWill
08-18-2011, 11:00 AM

Could you elaborate on this? I'm not sure exactly how he's "going around the rules". He won't play or be able to practice for the first 5 games, but he will still get paid? The NFL is basically setting a precedent that they can collude with the NCAA to suspend players for arbitrary reasons. If this is how it's going to be, the NFL just needs to start a minor league. Maybe it will end this crap.

morsdraconis
08-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Could you elaborate on this? I'm not sure exactly how he's "going around the rules". He won't play or be able to practice for the first 5 games, but he will still get paid? The NFL is basically setting a precedent that they can collude with the NCAA to suspend players for arbitrary reasons. If this is how it's going to be, the NFL just needs to start a minor league. Maybe it will end this crap.

:fp:

Link to information (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjGHy_829pvYYKhSVtiS1QM5nYcB?slug=ap-draft-pryor)

In addition to being notified that Terrelle Pryor may be selected in the SupDraft, NFL clubs were informed that Pryor made decisions that undermine the integrity of the eligibility rules for the NFL Draft. Those actions included failing to cooperate with the NCAA and hiring an agent in violation of NCAA rules. This resulted in Ohio State declaring him ineligible to continue playing college football.

In his decision allowing Pryor to enter the SuppDraft, Commissioner Goodell determined that Pryor will be ineligible to practice prior to or play in the 1st 5 games of the NFL regular season after he signs. Pryor may be selected in the SuppDraft, negotiate and sign a contract with an NFL club, and fully participate in the remainder of the preseason.

It's really this simple:

He broke the rules in college, and, then, instead of living up to his obligations in college and taking responsibility for it, he choose to skip town and go to the NFL, hiring an agent and all of that as well. Well, guess what? The NFL has rules as well, and undermining the NCAA and the draft process by doing what he did is total bullshit and he should be punished for it.

baseballplyrmvp
08-18-2011, 07:37 PM
mors: "The NFL has rules as well, and undermining the NCAA and the draft process by doing what he did is total bullshit and he should be punished for it."

exactly! so why is he getting rewarded by even being allowed to be in the supplemental draft?!?

JeffHCross
08-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Agreed. Would rather see him just left out completely.

But, if they're going to let him in, at least they're taking a stand against letting others do the same, unpunished. Would hate to see a precedent of "I'm not happy here (at my college). Hey, I'll go out, commit some NCAA violations, tell the NCAA about them, and get myself kicked out of school." It's hyperbole, but in the Me-First world we're in, I could totally see that happening.

Good riddance.

Oh, and to his attorney's "Personally, I hope this causes everyone to pause and conclude that we must challenge the NCAA on its 'amateurism' rules. Terrelle is going to the NFL because the NCAA mandated that he feed their families, but he could not feed his own." :smh: :fp:

HWill
08-18-2011, 08:25 PM
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Smilies/e133147.gif

AustinWolv
08-19-2011, 10:35 AM
It was Pryor's mom's job to feed her family, not the NCAA's. Typical 'owed' attitude, instead of self-accountability.

psuexv
08-19-2011, 10:45 AM
It was Pryor's mom's job to feed her family, not the NCAA's. Typical 'owed' attitude, instead of self-accountability.

:+1:

JBHuskers
08-20-2011, 11:08 AM
First AP poll is out....

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/ap.jpg

baseballplyrmvp
08-20-2011, 12:00 PM
who the hell is NORIL?

steelerfan
08-20-2011, 12:46 PM
who the hell is NORIL?

Northern Illinois.

bdoughty
08-20-2011, 04:04 PM
http://usera.imagecave.com/bdoughty/ap1.jpg

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2011, 06:12 PM
who the hell is NORIL?

I was about to say the exact same thing. :D

Northern Illinois.

Makes sense, but I've never seen Northern Illinois shortened down to NORIL in anything. And stupid too. If you're not going to spell out Northern Illinois, why bother spelling out Southern Miss, North Carolina State, etc. :fp:

JeffHCross
08-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Makes sense, but I've never seen Northern Illinois shortened down to NORIL in anything. And stupid too. If you're not going to spell out Northern Illinois, why bother spelling out Southern Miss, North Carolina State, etc. :fp:Especially when "N. Illinois" isn't exactly a drastic amount of extra characters. Not shortening NC State, and instead shortening NIU is very strange.

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Especially when "N. Illinois" isn't exactly a drastic amount of extra characters. Not shortening NC State, and instead shortening NIU is very strange.

Yeah, when I saw NC State completely spelled out, and NIU not even N. Illinois (which you see them listed as in a lot of stuff, but never NORIL), makes no sense to me. If you're concerned about extra characters, cut North Carolina State down to NC State, you'll save a bunch of characters right there.

jaymo76
08-20-2011, 11:20 PM
How long will it take South Carolina to fall off the list?

baseballplyrmvp
08-21-2011, 12:20 AM
glad i wasnt the only one confusesd by the NORIL thing. :D

psusnoop
08-21-2011, 08:16 PM
glad i wasnt the only one confusesd by the NORIL thing. :D

I was lost at first too :fp:

JBHuskers
08-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Breaking: Texas A&M sends official notice to Dan Beebe and Big 12 they will explore conference options.

From ESPN's Joe Schad

bdoughty
08-25-2011, 01:59 PM
Aggie can **&()&(&)*& himself. I want them to go to the SEC to be more irrelevant than they already are.

Now for some real hard hitting news and LSU fans might want to start gearing up for baseball season...

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/25/police-seize-49-pairs-of-shoes-from-jordan-jeffersons-apartment/

Does someone really need 49 pairs of shoes? Also they have witness who saw him kicking a dude.

bdoughty
08-25-2011, 02:13 PM
http://www.tamu.edu/athletics/big12Exploration.html

TEXAS A&M NOTIFIES BIG 12 OF CONFERENCE EXPLORATION

NEWS RELEASE - August 25, 2011

COLLEGE STATION, Texas – Texas A&M University today officially notified the Big 12 Conference that it is exploring options related to the institution's athletic conference affiliation. Texas A&M also requested that the Big 12 outline the process to be followed should the university elect to withdraw from the conference.
Polaroid-style photo of students standing at a football game at Kyle Field

In the letter to Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe, Texas A&M President R. Bowen Loftin indicated that if the university withdraws from the conference, Texas A&M would do so in a way that complies with the Big 12's bylaws. Additionally, Texas A&M would be supportive of the Big 12's efforts to seek a new member of the conference.

"As I have indicated previously, we are working very deliberately to act in the best long-term interests of both Texas A&M and the State of Texas. This truly is a 100-year decision," said Loftin. "While we understand the desire of all parties to quickly reach a resolution, these are extremely complex issues that we are addressing methodically."

"Ultimately, we are seeking to generate greater visibility nationwide for Texas A&M and our championship-caliber student-athletes, as well as secure the necessary and stable financial resources to support our athletic and academic programs," Loftin added. "As a public university, Texas A&M owes it to the state's taxpayers to maximize our assets and generate additional revenues both now and well into the future."

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper657/stills/ppj8lf6t.gif

http://oi55.tinypic.com/30d9liq.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh139/docholliday_photo/aggie_squeeze.jpg

jaymo76
08-25-2011, 11:52 PM
Texas A&M has now officially ticked me off. They are in a strong position and their spot in the BIG 12 if far superior to where they would be in other conferences...

SmoothPancakes
08-26-2011, 12:00 AM
I'm seriously laughing at SMU right now. They're saying they believe it's time and that they're ready to join a BCS automatic qualifier conference. :D Now that's funny. Apparently the fact that SMU has pretty much never been relevant in football since they were Death Penaltied has completely escaped them.

One "good" year (since the 1980s/1990s), where they went 6-2 in the C-USA, even though they ended the year 7-7 with losses in the C-USA CCG and lost their bowl game, and lost to every good or decent non-conference team on their schedule (Washington State doesn't count as good or decent), does not a good BCS AQ conference candidate make.

gschwendt
08-26-2011, 09:33 AM
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=704402046194

JBHuskers
08-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Jefferson of LSU arrested on 2nd degree felony assult LOL ooops. Same with one of their LB's.

morsdraconis
08-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Yay! The LSU @ WVU game looks even more winnable now. ;)

AustinWolv
08-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Jefferson of LSU arrested on 2nd degree felony assult LOL ooops. Same with one of their LB's.
Wonder if their compliance office is also looking into why he had 49 pairs of shoes apparently also.

bdoughty
08-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Found this and :D

http://i.imgur.com/x3jUB.gif

also

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6902114/texas-expects-announce-plans-leave-big-12-according-report

Big 12 officials expect Texas A&M to announce within the next week that it plans to leave the conference.

SmoothPancakes
08-28-2011, 04:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6902114/texas-expects-announce-plans-leave-big-12-according-report

Big 12 officials expect Texas A&M to announce within the next week that it plans to leave the conference.

Where are they going to go though? Go independent until they can get the SEC or Pac-12 or someone to agree to add them?

bdoughty
08-28-2011, 04:46 PM
They have to finish out their contract with the BIG 12 or pay a big fine. They might have some inside deal with the SEC to finish out their contract while the SEC works on getting other schools.

bdoughty
08-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Good news for anyone playing the Longhorns this year. Gilbert Grape is once again the starter for the Shorthorns.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6906247/texas-longhorns-garrett-gilbert-start-saturday-opener-vs-rice-owls

jaymo76
08-30-2011, 11:40 PM
Found this and :D

http://i.imgur.com/x3jUB.gif

also

This "feature" needs to be in Madden 13!!!

bdoughty
08-31-2011, 09:50 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6912807/texas-aggies-tell-big-12-seek-new-conference

Texas A&M, which has been in the Big 12 since its founding in 1996, said it will submit an application to join another, unspecified conference. If accepted, Texas A&M will leave the Big 12, effective June 30, 2012.

SmoothPancakes
08-31-2011, 10:08 PM
Big East, Pac-12 or SEC. Those are the only ones I see them leaving the Big 12 for. The Big Ten and ACC won't take them, and they would never drop from the Big 12 down to the MWC or C-USA.

morsdraconis
09-01-2011, 12:33 AM
10 team Big East would be great. I'd love that, very much so, but I don't see it happening.

bdoughty
09-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Looks like OU might be saying piss off to UT and the Longhorn Network.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6923495/oklahoma-sooners-president-david-boren-says-school-interest-multiple-conferences

morsdraconis
09-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Good. Make Texas move to being an Independent.

bdoughty
09-03-2011, 05:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6927204/pac-16-oklahoma-sooners-texas-longhorns-being-dicussed-source-says

The concept of the Pac-16 is again being actively discussed by Pac-12 officials as well as officials at Oklahoma and Texas, a source close to the situation told ESPN's Joe Schad.

The source said those schools know the opportunity to join the Pac-12 is their decision. Oklahoma State is expected to follow Oklahoma's lead and Texas Tech is a possibility as the fourth school. The Longhorn Network is a potentially complicating factor but Pac-12 officials believe the parties could work through that.

Nothingface
09-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Yikes. Georgia looks like some paint job you'd see on Forza 3. Didn't get a look at what Boise looks like.

jaymo76
09-03-2011, 07:57 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6927204/pac-16-oklahoma-sooners-texas-longhorns-being-dicussed-source-says

The concept of the Pac-16 is again being actively discussed by Pac-12 officials as well as officials at Oklahoma and Texas, a source close to the situation told ESPN's Joe Schad.

The source said those schools know the opportunity to join the Pac-12 is their decision. Oklahoma State is expected to follow Oklahoma's lead and Texas Tech is a possibility as the fourth school. The Longhorn Network is a potentially complicating factor but Pac-12 officials believe the parties could work through that.

I think a lot of the charm with college football will die with these so-called super conferences. My .02c