PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Revelations

cdj
05-07-2011, 06:43 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2011/05/assassins-creed-revelations-gi-cover.jpg

NeoGAF user SolidSnakex has posted a breakdown of this month's Game Informer coverage of the just-announced Assassin's Creed: Revelations. First off, let's get the protagonist problem out of the way: In Revelations, you'll play as both 12th century stabber Altair and his 16th century descendant Ezio, now over 50 years old. Ezio will be looking for "seals" which will allow him to access Altair's memories, similar to how Desmond used the Animus to access both Altair's and Ezio's memories. Speaking of Desmond, he's unsurprisingly back in the Animus "where he finds a safe mode called the 'Black Room.'" The gameplay in Desmond's mode is described as "narrative-fueled puzzle sequences," geometric shapes and all.

The lion's share of the game will take place in Constantinople (or, as it's known today, Istanbul) separated into four districts: Constantin, Beyazid, Imperial, and Galata. If you want a change of scenery (fairy chimneys!) some of the game will also take place in Cappadocia. Inside the cities, you'll be able to establish Assassin's Dens, a sort of expanded Borgia Tower mechanic from Brotherhood. Complete various scenarios, take down the regional Templar presence, establish a Den, and then "upgrade the buildings in that region along with adding ziplines across the rooftops."

Courtesy: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/06/assassins-creed-revelations-details-from-gi-hookblades-bom/)

souljahbill
05-07-2011, 06:58 AM
Now that Mass Effect 3 has moved into 2012, this is now in my top 3 "must gets" this year.

CLW
05-07-2011, 08:03 AM
I've heard allot about this series but never played it. Might have to add it to my GameFly Queue.

souljahbill
05-07-2011, 08:44 AM
I've heard allot about this series but never played it. Might have to add it to my GameFly Queue.

The series is awesome and gets better with each game (having an army of assassin's under my control in AC:Brotherhood was awesome). The overall story arc is getting worse though but I'd recommend playing them all (in order obviously).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I OU a Beatn
05-07-2011, 11:00 AM

AC1 was garbage. AC 2 and Brotherhood are masterpieces. Some of the greatest games this generation.

Absolutely can't wait for this. I still need to beat Brotherhood. Damn backlog.

souljahbill
05-07-2011, 11:36 AM
AC1 was garbage. AC 2 and Brotherhood are masterpieces. Some of the greatest games this generation.

Absolutely can't wait for this. I still need to beat Brotherhood. Damn backlog.

I didn't find AC 1 to be "garbage." The sequels obviously added a lot to the formula crated in the first game but I thought the original AC was still a pretty good in it's own right. Good enough to make me want to play the sequels.

SmoothPancakes
05-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Nice! I bought both AC 1 and 2 back on April 16th, beaten both already after playing them and no other games for a couple weeks. And AC: Brotherhood just arrived via UPS yesterday and am currently working my way through the early stages of that (though it's time is getting split with NBA 2K11 which also arrived yesterday). Don't know why it took me until the middle of April to finally actually get into this series, but I am loving every second of it so far. Revelations will definitely be a day one buy for me.

I OU a Beatn
05-07-2011, 12:30 PM
I hated AC1. Every mission was exactly the same. It was even really that open world ended. However, they vastly improved the formula with ACII and continued that trend with Brotherhood, so they definitely know how to make the game now.

JBHuskers
05-07-2011, 01:31 PM
So is it okay to completely skip the first one and go to ACII?

I OU a Beatn
05-07-2011, 01:55 PM
ACII and Brotherhood are the must plays. You're going to be missing a fairly major part of the story if you skip the first one, but I truly can't recommend it to anyone. The game play is boring and repetitive. It's extremely cheap now, so it might be worth the pick up if you want the full story. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have trophies, though, I'm not sure. I got it for 360 when it first came out.

JBHuskers
05-07-2011, 02:00 PM
I have ACI just haven't played it. Got it for xmas a while back.

souljahbill
05-07-2011, 02:33 PM
So is it okay to completely skip the first one and go to ACII?

ACII and Brotherhood are the must plays. You're going to be missing a fairly major part of the story if you skip the first one, but I truly can't recommend it to anyone. The game play is boring and repetitive. It's extremely cheap now, so it might be worth the pick up if you want the full story. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have trophies, though, I'm not sure. I got it for 360 when it first came out.

I disagree with Beatin. I totally recommend you play the original before playing the sequels. Reading the plot on Wikipedia won't really tell you anything and AC 2 picks up immediately where AC 1 leaves off. AC II and AC: Brotherhood are far superior games, no one can disagree with that. The "problem" people who don't like the original is how missions are done. Every mission has the exact same mission structure. Get assignment, travel to town, gather intel, find target, assassinate, escape. The sequels have the same mission structure too but have more variety in how that formula plays out and it gives players a little more to do.

Assassin's Creed 1 has the same problem Uncharted 1 has. Uncharted 1 is a good game but the sequel is 100x better. It's so much better in fact, that if you play UC 2, it's almost impossible to enjoy UC 1. If you're going to play through the series, you HAVE to start at AC 1. If you go to AC II and decide later on that you want to check out the original, it's not going to measure up to the much better sequel.

I OU a Beatn
05-07-2011, 04:14 PM
I played AC1 the day it came out. I just thought it was totally boring. There's like 9 assassination targets and they are EXACTLY THE SAME. I don't even think I ever finished the game because I was so bored. Not to mention, you'd have to climb the stupid towers so that you could find the right person to spy on to find where your target is located. It just became very tedious.

Still, I gave AC II a chance, and it's a billion times better. There's various ways to assassinate your targets, there's more variety in the missions, the game is longer, the game is more open world, there's side missions, there's more customization, the climbing system is improved, the weapons are improved, etc...Every single aspect was improved which is why it was so much better.

But yes, if you want the full story, you have to play it. It's the one that has a LOT of information related to the story that you'll later run into in II and Brotherhood.

cdj
05-08-2011, 07:53 AM
I found ACI pretty repetitive in the missions, but you can just do the essential aspects and trudge through it. ACII is one of my favorite games this generation and AC:BH is in my backlog. Hearing news on Revelations has me itching to start Brotherhood.

souljahbill
05-08-2011, 08:53 AM
I found ACI pretty repetitive in the missions, but you can just do the essential aspects and trudge through it. ACII is one of my favorite games this generation and AC:BH is in my backlog. Hearing news on Revelations has me itching to start Brotherhood.

That's pretty much what I did. I just did what was necessary to get through the game. I didn't do stuff like collect flags. The only thing I HAVE to do in every Assassin's Creed game is find all the lookout towers. To me, climbing all the buildings is more fun then the assassinations.

cdj
05-26-2011, 12:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riBbQ7quar0

souljahbill
05-26-2011, 12:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riBbQ7quar0

I'm going to jam that joint.

natcret
05-26-2011, 07:29 PM

Totally agree. Have played all three.

cdj
06-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Preview courtesy USA Today's Game Hunters:

E3 2011: Older and wiser in 'Assassin's Creed: Revelations' (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2011/06/e3-2011-older-and-wiser-in-assassins-creed-revelations/1)

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/game-hunters/2011/06/08/acrx-wide-community.jpg

The signs of his old age are showing: the gray in his full beard, the slightly gravelly voice. It's clear Ezio has seen a lot during his life as an assassin in the Renaissance era.

However, he remains as dangerous as ever in the action title Assassin's Creed: Revelations, due this November.

At the Electronic Entertainment Expo, a demo hosted by Ubisoft picks up with Ezio in Constantinople in the 1500s. The story marks an end to Ezio's adventure, first told in Assassin's Creed II and resumed in last year's Brotherhood release.

Ezio must follow the path of mentor Altair from the series' first game to find five seals key to the future of the brotherhood of assassins.

The E3 demo features Ezio in Constantinople trying to find a way out. The detail in the city is striking. Merchants push spices and other wares as Ezio explores the richly detailed buildings.

After some quick exploration, Ezio reveals a few of his new assassin tools, such as the ability to make bombs. After his blast kills a couple bystanders and attracts guards, he whips out a smoke bomb.

This is where the wiser Ezio steps into play, picking apart all three guards while under the cover of smoke. Using the game's Eagle Sense feature, players will see guards in a light red silhouette.

Ezio's goal this mission is to blow apart a giant chain blocking entering and exiting ships and leave the city.

After planting the bomb and causing a massive explosive, Ezio scales the giant ships to plot his escape. As he glides between vessels using his quickness and a special hookblade, Ezio comes across one of Revelations' newest items: a flamethrower.

The sky takes on a reddish hue and smoke fills the sky as Ezio sets other ships in the harbor ablaze.

Revelations appears promising based on the brief sneak peek, but I am curious what else Ubisoft has in store for refreshing the series.

souljahbill
06-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Gonna not get it day 1 so my wife can get it for me for Christmas.

SmoothPancakes
11-13-2011, 06:54 AM
Two more days. To hell with MW3, Skyrim, BF3 and other games. This is the game I have been looking forward to the most ever since it was first announced. I can't wait. I'm gonna have to pop AC Brotherhood back in sometime today or tomorrow and get myself back into Assassin's Creed form so I'm ready to kick ass once Revelations arrives.

This is also the first game that I have bought from Gamestop since probably summer or fall 2010. I've been buying every game I get from Amazon, but had to go with Gamestop for this one since preordering from Gamestop got you a free upgrade to the Signature Edition.

I OU a Beatn
11-13-2011, 10:39 AM
I ordered the SE, too and I'll be getting it Tuesday, but it'll most certainly go into my massive backlog I've built up over the past month and a half. I still have a ton to do in Gears 3(I'll be playing this until the next Gears comes out). I bought BF3 and while I've beat the campaign, I still want to play online with it since I do find it enjoyable, but that's going to be a problem because I've also got MW3 which I find more enjoyable(haven't beat the campaign). I've played maybe 20 minutes of Arkham City and like 5 hours of Skyrim. Halo CE Anniversary is coming Tuesday through Amazon, and I have to pick up Revelations on Monday at midnight. Jesus. Thank God that's the last game of the year that interests me. :D

I'm interested to see what they do with the multiplayer. I know they really, really beefed it up, but I really didn't enjoy the multiplayer in Brotherhood all that much.

SmoothPancakes
11-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I still have yet to buy BF3 or MW3. Skyrim has also risen up my interest levels in the past month or two after seeing more commercials for it and reading up on it more. Before September, I never even considered even simply reading up on Skyrim, but it has gained interest with me. There's also the Halo CE Anniversary which I plan to buy in the near future. And like you, thankfully those are the only games I have any interest in through the rest of the year. While I do have some interest in maybe picking up WWE '12, it won't be until at least January or February before I'd consider seriously looking into buying it.

cdj
11-13-2011, 11:54 AM
I really enjoy this franchise as well, SP. After the first game, I thought about giving it up but I am glad I've stuck with it.

I don't play much multi-player, so I'll either ask for this for X-mas or buy it somewhere for $40 down the line. Like IOU, I have a backlog of games so I don't buy many games at release anymore. My wallet appreciates this fact.

I OU a Beatn
11-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Yep, after Tuesday, I wont be buying anymore retail games the rest of the year. Well, new ones. Black Friday is my favorite day, so I'll probably buy some then, but that's different! :D

DariusLock
11-13-2011, 01:27 PM
We need to set up a video game swapping service lol since some of you have massive backlogs ha.

SmoothPancakes
11-13-2011, 02:13 PM
I really enjoy this franchise as well, SP. After the first game, I thought about giving it up but I am glad I've stuck with it.

I don't play much multi-player, so I'll either ask for this for X-mas or buy it somewhere for $40 down the line. Like IOU, I have a backlog of games so I don't buy many games at release anymore. My wallet appreciates this fact.

Yeah, I was fortunate to have played the first game of the series instead of picking it up with AC2. While AC1 is alright in it's own right, it is very difficult to go back and play it again after playing with the new and upgraded battle systems and controls of AC2 and Brotherhood.

As for multi-player, I'm sort of undecided on it. While I know I OU didn't care for it in Brotherhood, depending on if I got into games with similarly skilled players, I had a lot of fun with it. But there were other times where I would only play one or two games before having had enough and just turning it off or going back into single-player.

We need to set up a video game swapping service lol since some of you have massive backlogs ha.

:D I actually thought about that exact thing myself the other day. With bdoughty shipping his copy of Dead Island to me free of charge since he's done playing it and he knew it was a game I want and was planning on buying in the future, it got me thinking about the possibility of doing stuff like that with other games, especially if it's between those of us who have been here for a long time and would be considered trusted in something like that.

DariusLock
11-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Yeah, would have to be some rules in place. Like a thread where you post what games you have out and to who and if someone doesn't return the game of w/e has to be punishable...maybe a perma ban. Maybe only allow donators too...

hitman625
11-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Yea, I was really disappointed with the 1st game b/c the concept was outstanding, but it just did hold my attention at all. I'm just glad I stuck with it b/c I'm hooked on this series. Skyrim will be on the shelf as of tomorrow.

Plus its one of the few rated M games I can play around my kids b/c when they're around I just run around the city aimlessly and jumping in hay

SmoothPancakes
11-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Alright, time to get in a couple final rounds of Manhunt on Brotherhood multi-player, maybe do some more side tasks in the main story that I haven't finished yet, while waiting these (hopefully) final 3 hours before my copy of Revelations arrives.

cdj
11-15-2011, 11:40 AM
VG Revolution reporting that they are hearing numerous reports of AC: Revelations being $40 at Wal-Mart. (http://www.vgrevolution.com/2011/11/assassin%E2%80%99s-creed-revelations-released-and-on-sale/)

SmoothPancakes
11-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Meh. Too late for me, as my copy should be arriving via UPS in the next hour or two, and even then, I still wouldn't have gotten it, when for regular game price at $60, I was able to get a free upgrade to Signature Edition from Gamestop. But not too bad for those who didn't pre-order ACR.

I OU a Beatn
11-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Multiplayer appears to be a huge hit with the girlfriend. :D

I played a few rounds myself and found it much more enjoyable than Brotherhood. Still, it's not my cup of tea. They did really upgrade it, though.

SmoothPancakes
11-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Nice. That's good to hear. I haven't really been too seriously into multiplayer on Brotherhood, but it's still fun for a nice change of pace now and then. I expect ACR will be the same. I'll be mainly focused on the storyline, but will jump into multiplayer now and then to change things up.

JBHuskers
11-15-2011, 04:14 PM
First Assassin's Creed Revelations DLC Pack dropping in December http://go.ign.com/viHSML

hitman625
11-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Finally got my hands on this last night and had to force myself to go to bed. I'm really enjoying the game, which I knew I would, with the exception of the Tower Defense mini game. I'm not in to RTS games as it is, so I'd rather it not be in my Assassin's Creed.

cdj
11-16-2011, 02:47 PM
VG Revolution reporting that they are hearing numerous reports of AC: Revelations being $40 at Wal-Mart. (http://www.vgrevolution.com/2011/11/assassin%E2%80%99s-creed-revelations-released-and-on-sale/)

I can confirm that the game is listed as $39.96 on store shelves. However, they are trying to correct the price.

At a local Wal-Mart today, they had six copies on two rows with the $39.96 price. However, at check-out it rang up as $59.99. They did honor the price tag, but were working to correct the tags on the shelf.

If you want to get it for the cheap price, you better get to Wal-Mart soon before all are corrected.

souljahbill
11-26-2011, 07:41 AM
Played it, beat it, loved it. The bomb crafting is awesome! Nothing is more hilarious then making a sticky bomb full of lamb's blood and throwing it on a random civilian. Absolutely awesome!

I gotta say though, the tower defense game was mad weak.

SmoothPancakes
11-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Just had an update pop up for Revelations yesterday. Does anyone know what was included in it? I've done some searching, but no one has a clue what was in it.

hitman625
11-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Played it, beat it, loved it. The bomb crafting is awesome! Nothing is more hilarious then making a sticky bomb full of lamb's blood and throwing it on a random civilian. Absolutely awesome!

I gotta say though, the tower defense game was mad weak.

Yea the tower defense was terrible...it got to the point that I would just sit there and let the Templars take the tower and then just go kill the guy to take it back.

SmoothPancakes
11-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Yea the tower defense was terrible...it got to the point that I would just sit there and let the Templars take the tower and then just go kill the guy to take it back.

I wouldn't even let it get to that point. I make sure to visit heralds and everything often so my level doesn't get high enough to potentially have my Assassins Dens attacked.

hitman625
11-30-2011, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't even let it get to that point. I make sure to visit heralds and everything often so my level doesn't get high enough to potentially have my Assassins Dens attacked.

True, I did that too. But later in the game after some of your missions, your Assassin's Dens are attacked automatically, unless you had a Master Assassin protecting your dens, which I was too lazy to complete the missions to have them become master assassins

SmoothPancakes
11-30-2011, 11:42 AM
True, I did that too. But later in the game after some of your missions, your Assassin's Dens are attacked automatically, unless you had a Master Assassin protecting your dens, which I was too lazy to complete the missions to have them become master assassins

Well, I'm only to the end of sequence 3. I've been busy going around buying all the shops and other stuff in the game, and have been putting off the missions (without even intending to). However, I just finished my last Master Assassin mission last night, locking down my final Assassin Den, so I'm all good to go for any future missions.

hitman625
11-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Well, I'm only to the end of sequence 3. I've been busy going around buying all the shops and other stuff in the game, and have been putting off the missions (without even intending to). However, I just finished my last Master Assassin mission last night, locking down my final Assassin Den, so I'm all good to go for any future missions.

Good man! That was my plan, but being that I rent almost every game I play, I was just trying to push through and beat it.