PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NFL Draft

Pages : 1 [2]

psusnoop
04-29-2011, 10:07 PM
Haha, atleast they r addressing the needs right now.

JeffHCross
04-29-2011, 10:22 PM
i'd prefer a qb who could play well all game long....not just in the 4th quarter. :)He did much, much better this year at playing the entire game. 4th-quarter-only was his reputation in 2009, but in 2010 he was much more of a complete QB.

Wow, the Patriots going reverse trade whoring, giving away two while only gaining one. Though it was a gain round-wise.They got a 7th too.

SmoothPancakes
04-29-2011, 10:38 PM
They got a 7th too.

Just saw that. Definitely a win for the Pats there. Gained a 7th this year and 2nd next year, in exchange for one each of their billion 3rd and 4th round picks.

JeffHCross
04-29-2011, 11:00 PM
Just saw that. Definitely a win for the Pats there. Gained a 7th this year and 2nd next year, in exchange for one each of their billion 3rd and 4th round picks.Yeah, especially since Belichick basically said on NFL Network that they didn't see any players worth taking in the rest of the 3rd round. He also said that they started fielding calls from the Raiders about the trade in the early afternoon -- about 6 hours before the trade was finally made. I can't understand why the Raiders were so desperate for an extra 3rd round pick, but eh.

JBHuskers
04-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Show of hands .... who's watching from 11am cst on tomorrow.

*raises hand* :nod:

morsdraconis
04-29-2011, 11:11 PM
I probably won't watch it all, but I'll keep an eye on it from time to time.

Kingpin32
04-30-2011, 12:38 AM
Show of hands .... who's watching from 11am cst on tomorrow.

*raises hand* :nod:

Odds are I'll just keep my TV on ESPN all day tomorrow.

steelerfan
04-30-2011, 12:59 AM
I will definitely watch it all.

ram29jackson
04-30-2011, 03:25 AM
the sad truth is, except for movies and a few channel flippings, I tend to just leave it on the NFL network year round. I dont like all the talking head shows and they repeat a lot. But if there isnt anything on, its back to football haha.

I probably have a lot of subconscious football stuff in my head filed away somewhere haha

I dont even really know much about all the names ( I dont care for mock draft talk ) but i'm a football fan as it is haha

I still feel theres something bizarrely twisted about watching the combine......

CLW
04-30-2011, 05:54 AM
Pats took Mallet. Interesting. Could he be the eventual replacement for an aging girly boy with golden locks?

jaymo76
04-30-2011, 10:56 AM
He did much, much better this year at playing the entire game. 4th-quarter-only was his reputation in 2009, but in 2010 he was much more of a complete QB.

Yeah, I don't get the hate on for Stanzi. I like the kid and would most definitely risk a mid-round draft pick on him. I saw him several times the last two years on BIG 10 and I like the way he plays and commands his offense.

Jayrah
04-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Stanzi actually reminds me of hasselbeck quite a bit in his skill set. And also remember Iowa is built around a ball control, power run game and defense. Stanzi rarely even was asked to throw until the 4th. And he led them down the field for at least a shot at the win almost everytime. Remember 2 years ago it seemed they won in the last minute every week. He's a winner.

baseballplyrmvp
04-30-2011, 11:53 AM
great job seattle. you pass on greg salas's guaranteed production for kris durham . :fp:

baseballplyrmvp
04-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Stanzi actually reminds me of hasselbeck quite a bit in his skill set. And also remember Iowa is built around a ball control, power run game and defense. Stanzi rarely even was asked to throw until the 4th. And he led them down the field for at least a shot at the win almost everytime. Remember 2 years ago it seemed they won in the last minute every week. He's a winner.

i've never been impressed with stanzi. i just see too much inconsistancy with him. he did improve last year, but he's not someone i would draft to be the qb of the future for the hawks. i would much rather have greg mcelroy

SmoothPancakes
04-30-2011, 03:40 PM
The streak continues. The Patriots and Eagle swapped 6th round picks, numbers 193 and 194, keeping the streak of at least one trade between Philly and New England every year since 2000 alive. And a bit of humor in it, 194 was originally the NY Jets pick, now given to the old nemesis New England, of all teams, thanks to Philly.

JBHuskers
04-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Washington must like the Huskers as they drafted both Helu and Paul.

JBHuskers
04-30-2011, 04:11 PM
:fp: every time we get to pick 199...HAVE to bring up Brady and compare that pick to see if he will be like Brady.

ram29jackson
04-30-2011, 05:49 PM
who's Mr Irrelevant ?

Kingpin32
04-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Baron Batch got drafted. Texas Tech representing lol.

SmoothPancakes
04-30-2011, 05:54 PM
If no teams end up taking him before then, I'd love to see the Texans take Mark Herzlich with the Mr Irrelevant pick. With the events in his life and the story he has, he deserves to be drafted rather than go undrafted.

SmoothPancakes
04-30-2011, 06:29 PM
Cheta Ozougwu from Rice is Mr. Irrelevant. Sadly Mark Herzlich goes undrafted. I'll have to keep an eye out and see, when teams can actually start signing players, god knows when that time will ever come, what teams go after him and who he signs with.

ram29jackson
04-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Cheta Ozougwu

ram29jackson
04-30-2011, 06:33 PM
ncaa 12- created school

the Ozougwu univ. Cheetahs

avg Joes roster

JeffHCross
04-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Mark Herzlich goes undrafted.Someone should have drafted him. You can't teach heart and drive. He'll prove them wrong someday.

SmoothPancakes
04-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Someone should have drafted it. You can't teach heart and drive. He'll prove them wrong someday.

Agreed. He definitely should have been drafted. Some of these teams towards the end had linebacker needs that he would have been a great pick for them. I think he would and will make a great addition to whatever team signs him.

steelerfan
04-30-2011, 09:13 PM
Baron Batch got drafted. Texas Tech representing lol.

Here We Go, Steelers!

Someone should have drafted it.

It? Cancer victims are still people, Jeff. Shame on you! :fp:

SmoothPancakes
04-30-2011, 09:23 PM

:D Somehow I never even noticed that when I replied to Jeff's post earlier.

JeffHCross
04-30-2011, 10:42 PM

:D Somehow I never even noticed that when I replied to Jeff's post earlier.Somehow I didn't notice it when I typed it. Lol.

I do have an unfortunate amount of word replacement going on lately. Not typos or whatever ... just total word replacement, where my fingers don't type the word I'm thinking. It's actually starting to worry me.

steelerfan
04-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Somehow I didn't notice it when I typed it. Lol.

I do have an unfortunate amount of word replacement going on lately. Not typos or whatever ... just total word replacement, where my fingers don't type the word I'm thinking. It's actually starting to worry me.

You're getting old, dude. Welcome! :D

jaymo76
05-01-2011, 05:27 PM
If Holmgren has played his picks right and stays true to his plan this Cleveland team could be a serious, serious contender in the next 3-5 years. Look out Pittsburgh/Baltimore fans...

steelerfan
05-01-2011, 08:23 PM
If Holmgren has played his picks right and stays true to his plan this Cleveland team could be a serious, serious contender in the next 3-5 years. Look out Pittsburgh/Baltimore fans...

Don't hold your breath. 3-5 years is an eternity in the NFL. ;)

psusnoop
05-02-2011, 08:32 AM
:D Somehow I never even noticed that when I replied to Jeff's post earlier.

I never noticed it when I read it either. Hmmm

Jayrah
05-02-2011, 11:59 AM

LOL Cleveland fans have been saying this forever! And 3-5 years is way too long to be hoping for your team to be serious. 1-2 years is what you want. Not 3-5. Contracts expire between 3-5 years.

JBHuskers
05-02-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm glad the Lions didn't draft Amukamara ... we have enough bandwagon Lions fans in town here because they drafted Suh.

psuexv
05-02-2011, 03:44 PM
I still can't believe Pat Devlin went undrafted. I know his stock went down after the Pro Day and Shrine game but 3000+ yards 22 TDs and 3 Int... even if it's Subdivision II or whatever it's called these days. The 3 Ints really stand out to me. Thought someone would have taken a shot late in the draft.

Maybe the Steelers will sign him as a back up to Ben... that would be sweet.

psuexv
05-02-2011, 03:45 PM

I don't think there is anything to worry about. They may put a decent team out there and make a nice run for one year, but just like the Bengals they won't sustain, not in the AFC Central.

SmoothPancakes
05-02-2011, 04:07 PM
I don't think there is anything to worry about. They may put a decent team out there and make a nice run for one year, but just like the Bengals they won't sustain, not in the AFC Central.

Pretty much. The Steelers and Ravens have the AFC North on lockdown for a while.

Jayrah
05-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Pretty much. The Steelers and Ravens have the AFC North on lockdown for a while.

It's all about the coaching...

steelerfan
05-02-2011, 09:00 PM
It's all about the coaching...

As well as the front office and ownership (well, ownership in Pittsburgh's case, anyway).

jaymo76
05-03-2011, 12:17 AM
Don't hold your breath. 3-5 years is an eternity in the NFL. ;)

Wow Steeler... a little defensive... perhaps Cleveland is something to worry about :) Seriously though, if anyone can turn Cleveland around it's Holmgren.

steelerfan
05-03-2011, 05:31 AM
Wow Steeler... a little defensive... perhaps Cleveland is something to worry about :) Seriously though, if anyone can turn Cleveland around it's Holmgren.

I think the laundry list of comments after mine shows that their is little belief that Cleveland will be contending soon (note the comments from non-Steelers fans). :nod:

Besides, Holmgren claims that the GM called the shots at the draft this year, and furthermore he didn't do all that much in Seattle and he left the Seahawks a mess (with them having the good fortune of the worst division in pro sports).

psuexv
05-03-2011, 09:48 AM
As well as the front office and ownership (well, ownership in Pittsburgh's case, anyway).

As well as scouting and draft evaluators.

jaymo76
05-04-2011, 12:01 AM
I think the laundry list of comments after mine shows that their is little belief that Cleveland will be contending soon (note the comments from non-Steelers fans). :nod:

Besides, Holmgren claims that the GM called the shots at the draft this year, and furthermore he didn't do all that much in Seattle and he left the Seahawks a mess (with them having the good fortune of the worst division in pro sports).

Yeah it didn't end well in Seattle but for a time there the Hawks were pretty damn impressive. Holmgren's record is a good one for the most part. His problem is that he stayed too long and the message became stagnant (well that and Hasselbeck...).