PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods 11 Impressions Q&A (Game in hand)

DavePSU
06-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Hey CDJ/JB,

I'll answer almost all questions regarding Tiger Woods 11 in here throughout the day/week for those who don't have it yet.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9356/dsc01426mc.jpg

DavePSU
06-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Training Session was pretty cool and the XP system is great. Love how it distributes...people will abuse this though if you're allowed to do the "auto-buy" everything again this year.

DavePSU
06-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Pro Shop is broken down into subcategories now which is awesome.

DavePSU
06-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Challenges are decently fun this year. EA has always done a good job of changing them up enough to enjoy playing through them without getting bored. Obviously loading between each challenge sucks though when the challenges can be completed in like 20 seconds.

shaunjuan2000
06-02-2010, 12:11 PM
How many tournaments each year, and are they played on the same course year after year. If there are 17 courses and each one is played once, that would mean 85 events, then you'd have to start over.

DavePSU
06-02-2010, 12:27 PM
How many tournaments each year, and are they played on the same course year after year. If there are 17 courses and each one is played once, that would mean 85 events, then you'd have to start over.

There are 21 Events through each season and each event is at the same course each year.

shaunjuan2000
06-02-2010, 12:33 PM
There are 21 Events through each season and each event is at the same course each year.

Thats not too bad. 105 total events. Is the Ryder Cup each year or correctly done every other year? What is the first event of the year? Is it a champions event? And one final thing, are the events all unlocked, or are there minimum qualifications, other than those for the FedEx Cup?

DavePSU
06-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Each event can only be played by completing the previous event (which makes sense, lol).... The Ryder Cup option is there from the start, not sure if it's every other year or not because I'd have to play through multiple seasons to find out and I'm not looking to do that right now, lol.

shaunjuan2000
06-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Each event can only be played by completing the previous event (which makes sense, lol).... The Ryder Cup option is there from the start, not sure if it's every other year or not because I'd have to play through multiple seasons to find out and I'm not looking to do that right now, lol.

Not sure what version it was in last, but there were tournaments that said, "must be in top 30 in earnings to compete in this event" or 'must win 2 events to unlock this major". I wouldn't want you to go and play multiple seasons, cause you would not be able to answer our questions. What courses are included in the FedEx Cup ? I know TPC Bosto and East Lake, but Cog Hill used to hold the BMW Championship and last year Liberty National hosted the Barclays.

DavePSU
06-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Not sure what version it was in last, but there were tournaments that said, "must be in top 30 in earnings to compete in this event" or 'must win 2 events to unlock this major". I wouldn't want you to go and play multiple seasons, cause you would not be able to answer our questions. What courses are included in the FedEx Cup ? I know TPC Bosto and East Lake, but Cog Hill used to hold the BMW Championship and last year Liberty National hosted the Barclays.

From the menu screens, I don't see any of those requirements needed for tournaments.

shaunjuan2000
06-02-2010, 01:07 PM
During the Dev chat they said 16 courses were on the disc. The Ea forum listed 17 courses. Would you check again and if needed re-list them?

DavePSU
06-02-2010, 01:13 PM
During the Dev chat they said 16 courses were on the disc. The Ea forum listed 17 courses. Would you check again and if needed re-list them?

I have 17 on the disc, just re-counted...it's 18 when you purchase The Highlands.

shaunjuan2000
06-02-2010, 01:19 PM
I have 17 on the disc, just re-counted...it's 18 when you purchase The Highlands.

I preordered mine at GS so I'll get Doral. Since EA hasn't added the DLC yet, cause its probably too early, I guess it would be hard to see if DLC can be used for create a course. I know its not available for career mode.

Ok, all my questions are done. Thanks and I'll continue to monitor all the forums for your impressions. These next 6 days will be torture. You are one lucky person. Have fun and ENJOY!

SyDonia
06-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks for taking questions Dave. I've got a couple for you:

Are there any new competition types on Gamernet, like maybe 18 or 72 hole tournaments involving multiple players?

If you've played a career mode tournament round, is there any hint of an option to play your round with one of the licensed Pros in the game?

Oh, one more... can you turn the blue tracer off in True Aim?

JBHuskers
06-03-2010, 01:51 AM
Thanks a million for your help today Dave! It sounds like I will have Tiger 11 also tomorrow. This is a busy busy week, but I will be getting some gameplay in, look for my thoughts sometime this weekend.

DavePSU
06-03-2010, 10:43 AM
@SyDonia

I didn't see any opportunity to play a career with anyone but your pro golfer and I didn't see an option to play your round with a pro golfer as your partner.

I don't use True Aim, but I'll check to see if that is an option or not.

JBHuskers
06-03-2010, 12:04 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/IMG00182.jpg

I've got it now too!

cdj
06-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Kev5890 and MPDamon at TheSportsGameGuy.com have the game as well. Here's a couple quick vids from Kev5890 (http://www.thesportsgameguy.com/6-other/tiger-woods-pga-tour/the-sports-game-guy-covers-tiger-woods-pga-tour-11/).

SyDonia
06-03-2010, 06:48 PM
@SyDonia

I didn't see any opportunity to play a career with anyone but your pro golfer and I didn't see an option to play your round with a pro golfer as your partner.

I don't use True Aim, but I'll check to see if that is an option or not.

Thanks Dave... I wish they could do something to make it feel like I wasn't just playing my career tournament rounds by myself. Heck, I'd settle for playing with "simultaneous play" tracers to at least give me a clue of what the AI player(s) with whom I'm playing were doing.

I anticipate that I'll be playing in True Aim, Tour Pro dailies quite a bit, thus my question about the solid blue shot tracers. I just consider them to be over the top, although I would like to have the short white, comet trails we now have with Presentation camera.

Flightwhite39
06-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Can anyone comment on how the XP points from the demo translated over to there retail copy? Also is there any noticeable difference between the demo and the retail version even if it is minimal? Thanks and congrats on getting an early copy. My 360 version will be here Sat by noon.

JBHuskers
06-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Can anyone comment on how the XP points from the demo translated over to there retail copy? Also is there any noticeable difference between the demo and the retail version even if it is minimal? Thanks and congrats on getting an early copy. My 360 version will be here Sat by noon.

When you create your golfer, go to Invite Friends & Earn XP, you'll hit Y or Triangle and your points will transfer over.

I only played the demo a couple times (I just don't play demos much).....so to me, there are not any glaring differences.

cdj
06-04-2010, 08:52 AM
I also have the game, so feel free to ask any questions.

Played a few rounds online last night, a little bit of the skills challenge, and also round one of Play the Pros.

I'm enjoying the XP system as well as the Focus meter. If you are someone who likes to use boost, spin, every hole (like I am) you better be having a good round or else learn to pace when you use it. It definitely increases the strategy involved.

Hit a Hole in One on the third hole of Sawgrass. Felt really good (naturally)!

shaunjuan2000
06-04-2010, 09:08 AM
I also have the game, so feel free to ask any questions.

Played a few rounds online last night, a little bit of the skills challenge, and also round one of Play the Pros.

I'm enjoying the XP system as well as the Focus meter. If you are someone who likes to use boost, spin, every hole (like I am) you better be having a good round or else learn to pace when you use it. It definitely increases the strategy involved.

Hit a Hole in One on the third hole of Sawgrass. Felt really good (naturally)!

Thats great to hear about the Ace. Was that with True Aim or the stadard aiming system?
I've been reading some comments over at the EA forums by those who also have the game and one really has me worried that this game is as easy as 10. Playing Scottsdale during an unranked match, one person beat the other one 47 to 48. Thats ridiculous ! So much for playing online and having any chance to compete. Those who get the game early get a huge advantage to those who don't.

JBHuskers
06-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Thats great to hear about the Ace. Was that with True Aim or the stadard aiming system?
I've been reading some comments over at the EA forums by those who also have the game and one really has me worried that this game is as easy as 10. Playing Scottsdale during an unranked match, one person beat the other one 47 to 48. Thats ridiculous ! So much for playing online and having any chance to compete. Those who get the game early get a huge advantage to those who don't.

I think regardless of what they do, there are going to be people who are just good. Especially in the beginner difficulty where your focus meter does not really get drained as bad. Basically if you're looking for a competitive challenge, Tour Pro, and True View are where to go. Beginner difficulty is always going to have the expert leaderboard chasers that will shoot low scores.

cdj
06-04-2010, 09:19 AM

I was playing on standard. Only played True Aim on that part of the tutorial, but may give it another run today as completing a round under par on True Aim is a trophy.

I am on Amateur right now and shot -11 on the first round of the Play the Pros last night, but that is set to Beginner, IIRC. I'm also interested in seeing how scores on the higher difficulties drop. Hopefully the unrealistic scores are a thing of the past, but never underestimate the will of a gamer to figure out ways to succeed.

shaunjuan2000
06-04-2010, 09:20 AM
I think regardless of what they do, there are going to be people who are just good. Especially in the beginner difficulty where your focus meter does not really get drained as bad. Basically if you're looking for a competitive challenge, Tour Pro, and True View are where to go. Beginner difficulty is always going to have the expert leaderboard chasers that will shoot low scores.

Oh, I agree JB with your point. There will always be great players. To me, TP is the way to go. But I would guess by the time Tuesday rolls around, you'll see -25 being shot on TP as well. Thats why Play the Pros is the only online mode I play. At least I have a chance to win.

UGA14
06-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Are any online tournaments running? Are they using true aim and such for the online tourneys this year? Because as Shaun is bringing up, the tourneys last year weren't even fun when people were shooting 30 under par.

shaunjuan2000
06-04-2010, 09:28 AM
I was playing on standard. Only played True Aim on that part of the tutorial, but may give it another run today as completing a round under par on True Aim is a trophy.

I am on Amateur right now and shot -11 on the first round of the Play the Pros last night, but that is set to Beginner, IIRC. I'm also interested in seeing how scores on the higher difficulties drop. Hopefully the unrealistic scores are a thing of the past, but never underestimate the will of a gamer to figure out ways to succeed.

I thought in Play the Pros you had a choice betweem AM or TP? If not, looks like I'll strictly be an offline player. My average PTP scores are 3 to 4 under par, cause I use TP difficulty and I never play the AM one. If I want to shoot arcade golf, I'll play HSG.

shaunjuan2000
06-04-2010, 09:36 AM
Are any online tournaments running? Are they using true aim and such for the online tourneys this year? Because as Shaun is bringing up, the tourneys last year weren't even fun when people were shooting 30 under par.

My point EXACTLY ! I want to play for fun For those who are so good at Amateur, try TP and see where you fare. If you are such great players, you'd grow some and move uo to TP. Over at EA forums, EAGolfTim is on TP with 52% power and other Atts are average and he's having a hard time breaking par on TP. There's a good sign.

cdj
06-04-2010, 09:39 AM
I thought in Play the Pros you had a choice betweem AM or TP? If not, looks like I'll strictly be an offline player. My average PTP scores are 3 to 4 under par, cause I use TP difficulty and I never play the AM one. If I want to shoot arcade golf, I'll play HSG.

I will double check on that. I thought in the PTP the only one listed now is Beginner, but maybe they haven't posted the AM or TP difficulty events since the game isn't officially out yet.

shaunjuan2000
06-04-2010, 09:54 AM
I will double check on that. I thought in the PTP the only one listed now is Beginner, but maybe they haven't posted the AM or TP difficulty events since the game isn't officially out yet.

Thats cool. What is the best looking course on the game? I am looking forward to playing Liberty National and Whistling Straits.

cdj
06-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Played Liberty National last night and it looked pretty good. Sawgrass great as always...I'll try and give some new courses a whirl and see if anything stands out. The team does a good job and everything looks pretty sharp.

JBHuskers
06-04-2010, 10:00 AM

Today there is a daily True Aim tourney.

Well we are still a few days from release, so they're just kinda putting a couple out here and there to test since not that many people have the game. The online matches I played with CDJ and CCC last night, there were only 8, now 11 people on the online leaderboard.

Once the game releases, we'll have the full set of tourneys out there for amateur and tour pro.

JBHuskers
06-04-2010, 10:01 AM
One thing I need to do (something I forgot to do at the Tiger 11 Community Day) is compare Pebble Beach on Tiger 10 and Tiger 11. There are supposed to be some changes since they are hosting the U.S. Open this year.

shaunjuan2000
06-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Based on feedback I am seeing, I'll be playing all True Aim Tour Pro tournaments, True Aim Play the Pros and my career in True Aim. It seeems like thats the way to go if you want a challenge EA TW developers must not play golf for real, or think all PGA Tour pros shoot -18 each round. I guess the slogan is, "if its in the game, its NOT in the game!" They should call it Tiger Woods Hot Shots Golf.

Maybe John Daly Prostroke Golf will be more "sim".

JBHuskers
06-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Based on feedback I am seeing, I'll be playing all True Aim Tour Pro tournaments, True Aim Play the Pros and my career in True Aim. It seeems like thats the way to go if you want a challenge EA TW developers must not play golf for real, or think all PGA Tour pros shoot -18 each round. I guess the slogan is, "if its in the game, its NOT in the game!" They should call it Tiger Woods Hot Shots Golf.

Maybe John Daly Prostroke Golf will be more "sim".

I do know that they are golfers for real firsthand. It's a difficult balance to keep the majority happy though.

UGA14
06-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Yeah unfortunately hardcore sims are not popular and when you find one you need to keep it, in ANY game genre. The best racing game I've ever played was NASCAR Racing 2003 Season by Papyrus... eventually EA scooped up the NASCAR license, that was the last game they ever made and EA's games sucked so bad they quit making them.

shaunjuan2000
06-04-2010, 04:43 PM
I do know that they are golfers for real firsthand. It's a difficult balance to keep the majority happy though.

I understand its a difficult balance. But they need to make AM for those who loves 30 under par scores and 400 yard drives and 250 yard holeouts and make TP where its hard to break par, win career events, and to get the ball within 20 feet of the pin. If you can shoot 40's in TP , then quit playing. Kinda gets boring, doesn't it?

Flightwhite39
06-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Just got my copy a while ago and was wondering can a Gamerface on file from TW10 be used with TW11? Thanks

cdj
06-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Just got my copy a while ago and was wondering can a Gamerface on file from TW10 be used with TW11? Thanks

Yep. The game pulls up all pics you have ever uploaded to GameFace. I'm still using my pic from TW09.

I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on the game as well. What system are you on?

Flightwhite39
06-05-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm on 360 cdj. Played a round using the True-Aim and I think I am going to like it alot. Love how when I hit a shot that it may look good leaving the club but its funny when you get down and the ball is in the rough/bunker. But the crowds let you know anyway. For some reason I can't pull my old GF up. It shows on EAsportsworld

Flightwhite39
06-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Fellows no worries about forgetting to input the online code because it prompts you do so when you install the game unlike UFC 2010. Code is on back of the manual like UFC

skipwondah33
06-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Anyone else getting a jittery camera at times when they try to zoom closer to landing spot?

I'm noticing it happening alot

willisj318
06-15-2010, 12:37 PM
How is putting with the true aim piece? One thing in the demo I found quite difficult was distance control. It was just very hard to gauge. Im still on the fence of weather or not to get this. I seem to play these for 3 months then not touch it. I think the true aim and harder difficulty might help keep my interest though.

CLW
06-15-2010, 02:23 PM
I've rented but haven't bought TW in years. What (if any) major improvements/changes have been made to this year's game?

cdj
06-15-2010, 02:32 PM
How is putting with the true aim piece? One thing in the demo I found quite difficult was distance control. It was just very hard to gauge. Im still on the fence of weather or not to get this. I seem to play these for 3 months then not touch it. I think the true aim and harder difficulty might help keep my interest though.

Putting on True-Aim is just like regular style. Putting grid, preview, etc.

I've rented but haven't bought TW in years. What (if any) major improvements/changes have been made to this year's game?

The XP system, the Focus system, Ryder Cup & Team Play, and True-Aim are the big ones.

willisj318
06-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Putting on True-Aim is just like regular style. Putting grid, preview, etc.

But just like on full shots, it does not give you a indicator of how far the ball will go. But unlike a 7 iron that you know goes 175 max, how do you gauge how hard to hit the putt? Yes its very close to real, but it is a game and I think we need a max distance indicator. I guess I just need something at the putting to help me gauge.

I OU a Beatn
07-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Is this game like...rare or what? :D

I've been searching every store in the area to find it for PS3, and NO ONE has it. I find it a little hard to believe considering it's an EA Sports game and it just released a month ago, but no one has it around my area. Over the past week, I've been to 3 Walmarts and 3 Gamestops, Best Buy, and KMart, and not a single one of them had it. Gamestop had it used, but I'm not about to cough up an extra $10 to play online. I also can't order online as I switched banks and my new debit card hasn't been shipped to me yet. It's like a sign from God not to buy it. :D

skipwondah33
07-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Haha that is very hard to believe that no one has the game around you.

cdj
07-03-2010, 01:16 PM
They had to pawn all of the unsold copies for Tiger's divorce settlement. Sorry.

That is weird though. Do you live in FL or PA? Not sure that matters, but it may play a factor - fewer copies or something.

I OU a Beatn
07-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Southern PA, yeah. I've checked some stores in north Maryland, nothing. Central PA, nothing. I've checked everything around my area and nothing. :D

I saw an ad today that a local mom 'n' pops store was having a sale on games, so I might head down there later and see if they have it.

JBHuskers
07-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Southern PA, yeah. I've checked some stores in north Maryland, nothing. Central PA, nothing. I've checked everything around my area and nothing. :D

I saw an ad today that a local mom 'n' pops store was having a sale on games, so I might head down there later and see if they have it.

Good luck man, would love to have you in our league.

SmoothPancakes
07-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Good luck man, would love to have you in our league.

Yeah, I'm still debating joining. I won my first tournament in the Big Apple Classic at Bethpage Black with a 13 under to win by 3 strokes. But the next tournament, at Hazeltine whipped my ass, so I still have some work to do on my golfing skills as well as my golfer. ;)

cdj
07-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Yeah, I'm still debating joining. I won my first tournament in the Big Apple Classic at Bethpage Black with a 13 under to win by 3 strokes. But the next tournament, at Hazeltine whipped my ass, so I still have some work to do on my golfing skills as well as my golfer. ;)

You should still sign up! I am horrible on Tour Pro, but it's still fun to play in. You'd be surprised how much it helps your game.

SmoothPancakes
07-03-2010, 10:35 PM
You should still sign up! I am horrible on Tour Pro, but it's still fun to play in. You'd be surprised how much it helps your game.

That's the way I'm leaning right now. Heck, someone's gotta fill that last place spot on the leaderboard. :P I'm gonna try to get this next tournament over the next few days and see how I do, then I'll most likely sign up by Tuesday or Wednesday like I've been semi-planning on for the past week or so.

Violator
08-16-2010, 04:34 PM
ok, so i went out and rented it finally. umm seriously why do they screw more things up with this game than they fix? please explain to me why they have it programmed when you change your view in putting the next time you go to tee off the view stays there? why cant it be like it was where it reverted back to the original view. wow, never thought something would frustrate me so much but that really pisses me off!!!!!!

JBHuskers
08-16-2010, 06:30 PM
ok, so i went out and rented it finally. umm seriously why do they screw more things up with this game than they fix? please explain to me why they have it programmed when you change your view in putting the next time you go to tee off the view stays there? why cant it be like it was where it reverted back to the original view. wow, never thought something would frustrate me so much but that really pisses me off!!!!!!

This mean you're getting in the league at the mid way point ;)

Violator
08-16-2010, 07:33 PM
nope, rented it, will be back on thursday. and when are they going to do what i have asked for for 3 years now. put some kind of indicator on where the ball is in comparison to my feet. is it above or below or level? lord i am tired of not being able to tell so i can adjust which way to hit!!