PDA

View Full Version : User strip

WolverineJay
04-26-2011, 02:07 PM
I would like to get everyone's take on this if they have any insight. Heck, maybe even the community day guys can find out the criteria for a successful user strip.

After playing well over 150 games in a few different Dynasties, I have come to the belief that using the strip button to force fumbles is completely random. I have forced a few fumbles over the seasons of my Dynasties using the user strip, but there is no criteria that I have seen that will result in more success with using the user strip button. I have stripped running backs with really high carry ratings (90+) and failed to ever strip those with poor carry ratings (less than 70). I have had no more success user stripping with stud impact LB's and DB's as I do with mediocre defensive players. I don't have more success with smarter players or with stronger players or with better tacklers. I also switch the gameplan up but the whiff tackle animation happens a ton when set to aggressive so I leave it on balanced, plus I think the gameplan feature affects my CPU controlled players more than the player I'm using. All of this has convinced me forcing a fumble with the user strip button is completely random.

Does anybody have any consistent success with the user strip button (I would describe success forcing at least 5 fumbles with the user strip over the course of a season). I usually get a couple every year but that seems very low considering how often I use the strip button.

Just looking for any info on using the user strip button with more success. Oh and is it even possible to get the strip animation when you go to sack a QB in the pocket?

ram29jackson
04-27-2011, 12:16 AM
yeah, I dont think I've user stripped more than a couple times in 2 or 3 years...pretty sad

steelerfan
04-27-2011, 12:21 AM
yeah, I dont think I've user stripped more than a couple times in 2 or 3 years...pretty sad

In 11, just like the stiff arm, you have to hold the button before contact. I'm able to do it quite often, you just have to anticipate contact to make it effective.

psuexv
04-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Well I don't think there is any set formula just like in real life. It's all about timing and opportunity.

If they made the game where if you did this and this against a certain CAR rating you are getting a strip I'd be very disappointed.

zacattak
04-27-2011, 02:55 PM
I have had more success on receivers than HB's i usually get 2 fumbles a game(avg) usually 3 to 6 user strips a season. mose of mine come from hit stick(i use safety's alot). and id say a good 30% are just completly randon from tackles and them just dropping the ball. i think i have had more sucess stripping receivers of passes than fumbles. if that helps you at all

WolverineJay
04-28-2011, 12:24 PM
I don't have any problem generating the going for the strip ball animation just with the actual stripping of the ball, lol. I have much more success against WR's, QB's, and returners than RB's as well zac maybe it's just part of the programming. I guess I overly use the strip button since I had so much success with it on the PS2 versions. I just want to generate a few more strips not asking for a guaranteed strip everytime that would be unrealistic and dumb. Thanks for the responses everyone I will try the timing tip, but I'm pretty sure I instinctively do this anyways.

jaymo76
05-01-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't have any problem generating the going for the strip ball animation just with the actual stripping of the ball, lol. I have much more success against WR's, QB's, and returners than RB's as well zac maybe it's just part of the programming. I guess I overly use the strip button since I had so much success with it on the PS2 versions. I just want to generate a few more strips not asking for a guaranteed strip everytime that would be unrealistic and dumb. Thanks for the responses everyone I will try the timing tip, but I'm pretty sure I instinctively do this anyways.

I really struggle with ball stripping. I assume though that since I don't use AGGRESSIVE settings that my chances are far more limited. I really wish this game had a FUMBLE slider as this would greatly help with ball strips.

steelerfan
05-01-2011, 08:21 PM
I really struggle with ball stripping. I assume though that since I don't use AGGRESSIVE settings that my chances are far more limited. I really wish this game had a FUMBLE slider as this would greatly help with ball strips.

It's about timing. I don't use aggressive either, but I'm able to get a few. I've gotten into the habit of using it on probably 30% of my tackles (basically when it's safe).