PDA

View Full Version : What do you hope to see out of Custom Playbooks?

gschwendt
04-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Obviously those that attended the Community Events won't be able to talk about it but just curious what the members here are hoping to see out of Custom Playbooks.

jaymo76
04-23-2011, 05:24 PM
I am curious as to whether it's like last gen where you could only pick the formations rather than specific plays??? Even if it's only formations, I don't care. I just am so happy the feature is back. Hopefully they will give us between 15-20 formations.

Solidice
04-23-2011, 05:36 PM
I am curious as to whether it's like last gen where you could only pick the formations rather than specific plays??? Even if it's only formations, I don't care. I just am so happy the feature is back. Hopefully they will give us between 15-20 formations.

I think the ESPN article mentioned that you could pick the individual plays, as well as changing the order you see them in the game when select a certain formation.

based on that, it sounds exactly like I wanted it. being able to select the formations and individual plays. Hopefully it applies to both offense and defense.

ram29jackson
04-23-2011, 06:13 PM
I never understood custom playbooks. Always had trouble with what I was replacing , keeping ,saving ?

I always avoided it. If they had ,..like a clean playbook slate and just let you know what your limit was to put stuff in there, it would make more sense haha

Jayrah
04-23-2011, 06:42 PM
I am not a big custom pb guy at all. Infact it wouldn't have bothered me to not see it. But with the addition of styles last season and 120 ways to win, it's gonna be fun to create an offense all your own, with a unique identity. Let's you 'be the coach' a little bit and really take your favorite aspects. I LOVE that it potentially can be rearranged to wherever you want :)

souljahbill
04-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Just picking formations is fine but picking plays would be a lot better. I remember last gen where I'd have all these option plays that I didn't want in my playbook. I use the option a little more then I did back then but it's more of a side item then an entree in my offensive philosophy.

Rudy
04-24-2011, 05:42 AM
I like being able to pick all the plays I want. One of the issues in the past though was that custom playbooks actually had less plays than the normal playbooks.

One big negative for me is the lack of formation audibles with custom playbooks. I love the formation audible as it's easy to use. If I can't use those I may just stick with a normal playbook.

Papa LoneStar
04-24-2011, 05:47 PM
At the minimum....I hope they let us grab specific formations out of each playbook....and I can delete plays and/or add plays from a default set of plays for the formation (zone, dive, sprint, slam, draw, etc.). If I want Alabama's regular Ace, Stanford's I, Boise State's Strong I, etc....I would be able to get it. I'm also hoping that I can use my playbook (probably tied to user or maybe PSN name) for online dynasties. If not....it will be useless to me.

texacotea
04-25-2011, 10:42 AM
At the minimum....I hope they let us grab specific formations out of each playbook....and I can delete plays and/or add plays from a default set of plays for the formation (zone, dive, sprint, slam, draw, etc.). If I want Alabama's regular Ace, Stanford's I, Boise State's Strong I, etc....I would be able to get it. I'm also hoping that I can use my playbook (probably tied to user or maybe PSN name) for online dynasties. If not....it will be useless to me.

This, this and this. It would only make sense to this.

baseballplyrmvp
04-26-2011, 09:35 AM
hopefully a package editor also comes with this

oweb26
04-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Whoa!! Baseball one step at a time. lol

That would be an epic fail if they do not allow this in OD's it would then become whats the point.

PeteyKirch
04-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Would be nice to have those wrinkles my team uses in real life, but isn't available via the regular in game playbook.

baseballplyrmvp
04-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Whoa!! Baseball one step at a time. lol :D:D:D

jaymo76
04-26-2011, 11:16 PM
Based on the madden teaser it looks like offense and defense for custom books. Hopefully that is the case for NCAA 12 as well. I suspect it will be as many aspects of the game are shared.