PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football11 Lab Partner

Anton32
06-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Hey guys, Im a madden guy and im very good in it (Tourny Style of play) but not sim style, Im looking for a lab partner who will be dedicated to teaching me some Sim style tips. My GT is Anton B msg me on xbl. I have played ncaa football11 and from what I played I got my but Spanked pretty badly, I need your help here. thx and look forward to hearing from you

Rudy
06-01-2010, 07:31 PM
I saw some of those scores - you did get spanked! :)

Good thing I wasn't there to get spanked either. I wonder if the games have improved the AI enough that sim style will trump arcade style this year.

AustinWolv
06-01-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm only interested in playing sim style and even then tend to be overly conservative, i.e. gracious/fair/sportsman, than many other 'sim' style players I've played against. To a fault, but hey I'd rather just straight win than feel that I had to pull some exploit or cheat the AI to win, i.e. opponent can't counter it fairly.
Willing to help where I can, but I'm not going to be the opponent to gain you online mastery if you are looking to be ranked high and such.

JBHuskers
06-01-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm only interested in playing sim style and even then tend to be overly conservative, i.e. gracious/fair/sportsman, than many other 'sim' style players I've played against. To a fault, but hey I'd rather just straight win than feel that I had to pull some exploit or cheat the AI to win, i.e. opponent can't counter it fairly.
Willing to help where I can, but I'm not going to be the opponent to gain you online mastery if you are looking to be ranked high and such.

Yeah one of the things in gaming with Anton since we basically got started on Game Changers is that he is a tourney gamer....but now he is looking to master the sim style on not only NCAA, but Madden as well.

gschwendt
06-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Nah... I don't think that's what he's looking for. He's more looking for someone to help (as my dad would say) "jerk a knot in his tail" when he gets out of line and does something that's not quite sim.

AustinWolv
06-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Thought that was what I was saying.......because there is tourney, there is online lobby, there is online 'sim', and then there is sim. In my book at least. The line between online 'sim' and sim is thin and blurred IMO.

Not arguing with anyone or saying he's looking for tourney, just commenting that many claim they are sim that I have played, but as soon as the game is close, on the line, or they need something.....they go to an exploit. Example being a supposed sim guy that is a 'name' in the community circles that I played that I expected to play legit, but he cheated the AI the whole game, even when I called him on it.

Thus, I was just trying to say that I'm not the most seasoned online player since I only bother to play a select few out there that I know will play clean games.

I OU a Beatn
06-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Honestly, about the only advice you need to play sim and actually be good is to stay in the pocket when passing. I've played NCAA online since the beginning in '04 and I have to laugh at the people who sprint out to the sideline to straight back about 20 yards. The only thing that accomplishes is making my job easier. As soon as I see someone do that, I start getting ready for a boring blowout.

Another thing is that you have to establish an identity. A lot of people love to run 4 or 5 plays over and over. Learn to recognize the formations they run these from, which WR they go to, which side they run the ball to, etc..I'd gamble to say that you can pick up the play calling and know the play of your opponent before half time with 80% of the people who play online. On the flip side, establish an offensive style you want to run and mix it up. Don't run 4 or 5 plays - throw the entire playbook at them and keep them off balance.

"Stick skills" are also important. User catching, defending, tackling, and everything else is probably the most important thing. A good balance of all the things I mentioned usually means you winning the vast majority of your games.

UGA14
06-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Oh Austin, I still remember our game where I lost by a field goal. I've honestly got to say that's one of the few NCAA games online I had ever played where I felt someone didn't cheat the hell out of me. I felt like we both played well and playing sim it actually led to a defensive struggle, something I've never seen in an online game since.

I look forward to playing with some of you on PS3 and hopefully getting some clean games in. I don't mind losing, but I can't stand losing to a moron who exploits the AI every play.

AustinWolv
06-04-2010, 10:31 AM
I hear ya, UGA. +1 on your post.

lilheavy
06-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Hey guys, Im a madden guy and im very good in it (Tourny Style of play) but not sim style, Im looking for a lab partner who will be dedicated to teaching me some Sim style tips. My GT is Anton B msg me on xbl. I have played ncaa football11 and from what I played I got my but Spanked pretty badly, I need your help here. thx and look forward to hearing from you

Once 11 comes out I'll be happy to lab some with you and try out some situational stuff. My GT is lilheavy, send me a friend request.

You were sorely missed by me in whatcha's dynasty. One of the few people I actually looked forward to playing against, win or lose. Hopefully you consider me one of the select few, if not no hard feelings on my end.

I'm one of the few guys that doesn't like to user catch on either side of the ball, unless i'm controlling the defender thats in the area of the ball, but I don't like to switch while the ball is in mid air.

AustinWolv
06-04-2010, 12:51 PM
You cool, heavy. No worries, man.

I'm one of the few guys that doesn't like to user catch on either side of the ball, unless i'm controlling the defender thats in the area of the ball, but I don't like to switch while the ball is in mid air.
Same here.

Rudy
06-04-2010, 05:35 PM
I never switch either for two reasons - I like to think of myself as just one player on defense and I also tend to suck at switching and making plays so I haven't even tried it in years.

lilheavy
06-05-2010, 10:38 AM
I never switch either for two reasons - I like to think of myself as just one player on defense and I also tend to suck at switching and making plays so I haven't even tried it in years.

Yep...thats me :)