PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Wishlist Tournament

JBHuskers
04-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Just like we have done with the NCAA Football and Madden series, we are going to bring you a wishlist tournament for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13. Please post your wishlist items in this thread. We will look to kick this tournament off within the next few weeks.

gschwendt
04-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Online Leagues
More than 4 players at a time
Course/Hole Creator from scratch
Pre-cache next hole while playing current hole to reduce load times between holes

psusnoop
04-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Online Leagues
Pre-cache next hole while playing current hole to reduce load times between holes

Really like that last idea, that would be sweet.

Online leagues, I wish I have more input but not until tonight around 930pm will I have ever been in an online game for TW. I will post my thoughts at a later time.

gschwendt
04-18-2011, 03:48 PM
I realize this will be difficult but one idea regarding this that they could do, they could use Google Maps to create an elevation map. For example, look at this pedometer map I created (http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4440969) of the first hole of the course I grew up playing. You'll notice on the elevation at the bottom, it will show that it starts off at sea level, then dips as it goes towards the bend, then reaches a peak just after the bend before going back down around the green. So for this, you would create the basic outline of the hole (teebox, fairway, green, water, sand, etc.) and then use this to modify the elevation. Obviously it wouldn't be 100% exact but it'd be a hell of an approximation. JB... I put you in charge of getting this in the hands of the tiger devs.

JBHuskers
04-18-2011, 04:16 PM
I realize this will be difficult but one idea regarding this that they could do, they could use Google Maps to create an elevation map. For example, look at this pedometer map I created (http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4440969) of the first hole of the course I grew up playing. You'll notice on the elevation at the bottom, it will show that it starts off at sea level, then dips as it goes towards the bend, then reaches a peak just after the bend before going back down around the green. So for this, you would create the basic outline of the hole (teebox, fairway, green, water, sand, etc.) and then use this to modify the elevation. Obviously it wouldn't be 100% exact but it'd be a hell of an approximation. JB... I put you in charge of getting this in the hands of the tiger devs.

Would this be for created courses you mean?

gschwendt
04-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Would this be for created courses you mean?
Right... specifically created holes.

JBHuskers
04-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Here are some of mine.

Online Leagues
Online Career
Create-a-course
More & ability to have multiple sponsors
More in-depth course mastery achievements
Offline career schedule generates based on the DLC you have installed
Accenture Match Play Tournaments

natcret
04-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Some great ideas so far. My wishlist:

I think Online leagues would be awesome. A handicapping system might be good for this as well.

Allow both PS3 and 360 players to able to partake in an online league (I know, head in the clouds). To me, if both systems are able to interact with an online league, the more games you could sell, right?

Create a course PLEASE.

A true online/offline career mode that covers a full golfing season (regular, FedEx Cup, Fall Series)

World Golf Championships (WGC-HSBC Champions, WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship, the WGC-Cadillac Championship and the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational)

Ability to change clothing colors and other items to suit liking (similar to Team Builder).

Put the Caddie in your Ear (similar to Gameflow). If not, then please give an option to turn on/off the Caddie function totally.

Automatically change clothing based on weather conditions.

Update swing tuner/club tuner to include a chipping area, bunker area, and putting area. If I want to really tune my clubs, then this would be logical. Hard to see the true reaction of the club and ball in a vanilla setting.

psuexv
04-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Ok I'm going to repeat some....
Full online suite, especially online career

Cache next hole or anyway to cut down on load times

Not sure what to call this - notebook option or expansion of the caddie to have an option to tell me my club selection and where I put my shot the last time I played a hole.

Coachdenz
04-18-2011, 08:07 PM
TG and JB both great ideas

psuexv
04-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Fix the mics so it's not choppy

JBHuskers
04-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Fix the mics so it's not choppy

I was going to put that....but honestly I am not sure if that is on EA's end or Sony's end....or a little of both.

psuexv
04-19-2011, 08:35 AM
I was going to put that....but honestly I am not sure if that is on EA's end or Sony's end....or a little of both.

Yeah I'm not sure. From what I've heard the Xbox doesn't have any problems with it in any of it's games.

Isn't it true that XBox houses all of the servers that control XBox Live while PS3 the company that puts the game out is responsible for the servers? IDK if this would have any bearing but I have never really run into an issue with mics on shooter games like Uncharted and COD, only EA

SmoothPancakes
04-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Yeah I'm not sure. From what I've heard the Xbox doesn't have any problems with it in any of it's games.

Isn't it true that XBox houses all of the servers that control XBox Live while PS3 the company that puts the game out is responsible for the servers? IDK if this would have any bearing but I have never really run into an issue with mics on shooter games like Uncharted and COD, only EA

No it does not. I have been in party chat with friends before where there were 8 of us, 6 in one game, and the other two in different games, and we never had a single problem hearing or understanding what each person was saying.

skipwondah33
04-19-2011, 09:01 AM
Online Leagues

I'd love these, although I don't think the load time is all that bad. Could be faster but its not painstakingly slow.

Ability to change green hardiness

gschwendt
04-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Ability to play live tournaments with other people.

JBHuskers
04-19-2011, 10:20 AM
Cross-platform leaderboards
Cross-platform leagues

skipwondah33
04-19-2011, 10:20 AM

That would be great as well

JBHuskers
04-19-2011, 10:21 AM

This.

JBHuskers
04-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Keep posting even if it is a repeat, that will help me with seeding.

JDFlakes
04-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Created courses is an excellent idea, plus like the old Links being able to share them regardless of the platform. There were hundreds of Links courses.

Paakaa10
04-19-2011, 04:09 PM
- DLC courses that transfer from game-to-game instead of needing to be re-purchased.

- Ability to achieve any Course Mastery or Sponsor objective regardless of your current level for them; for example, making a 50 ft. putt before you make Silver Course Mastery currently doesn't "count" towards the Gold requirement.

- More statistical overlays over the course of the game; for example, if you're in Round 4 of a tournament, an overlay should pop up as you play saying your score on that hole in Rounds 1-3.

- Better celebration sequences at the close of a tournament. Winning the Masters should feel significantly more important than winning at TPC Scottsdale.

- Ability to choose between "Broadcast" presentation (with commentary & overlays) or "Golfer" presentation (with only caddie, ambient noise like crowds, and the scorecard to track progress.

psusnoop
05-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Since this hasn't gotten a lot of love lately, I'll share some thoughts.

Online leagues and Career mode would be AWESOME.

I'd like to see more sponsors with tougher goals.

I would like the commentary to not mess up, I've had this happen a ton lately where you hit the green on a par 3 and they quickly say "he drove the green" while god I hope so it was 168 to the hole..LOL. Or in the same case you get on in 1 for a par 3 and they say you have an eagle putt coming up, then when it loads the camera for putting it says for birdie. Just a couple of small mess ups but it should be fixed. So more in-depth commentary would be welcomed.

I like the caddie feature, I think a good caddie verse a great caddie should be a really big deal. More depth here would be great. I know most think the caddie is a pain in the ass, but honestly shouldn't he be. Some caddies are great at reading greens, some are great at yardage some are just great listeners as well, some are quiet, some are very talkative. Just more variety with the caddie and more options in general to appease everyone so they can get the feel they want.

Maybe after sinking that winning putt, a little cut screen to show you walking into the tent through the crowd to sign your card. With the option to skip it of course, might just add to the feel of winning a nice tourney.

skipwondah33
05-20-2011, 08:14 AM
This is small but still something I'd like to see.

- The ability to view only the items you have purchased in the Pro Shop

psusnoop
05-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Practice greens for putting would be a welcomed addition.

psusnoop
06-12-2011, 08:59 AM
One thing with all the clothes choices you have I'd like to see the chance to see the weather prior to teeing off that way if it raining or anything else you can dress your character accordingly.

I'd like to see more people along side the course more so for majors and then around the green people sitting with the ropes up would be pretty neat too.

Then also on hole 16 the toughest around ( because the crowd goes crazy against you) I think you should here that as well, and then on the same note you always have a more vocal crowd then just the standard oh and awe's.

One other thing, I'd like to see more punishment on being in the rough especially the high rough as well as the traps too. It seems at times way to easy to come up with a brilliant shot that leaves you with a great shot at birdie still.

I'd like to see if your playing 4 rounds of golf you obviousily enjoy the full round and I'd like the option to play the final round with whom you should be playing along side. Just as an option though not standard as some may not enjoy this.

JBHuskers
06-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Keep the suggestions coming, I will possibly start to put something together at the end of the month.

psuexv
06-12-2011, 01:14 PM
+1 on the weather before the round.

psuexv
06-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Thought I already had this in here but I guess not.

Topographical hole view, almost like I was looking at a score card with the entire course in it but something you could toggle to while you are playing the while

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2011, 04:53 PM
I'd like to see if your playing 4 rounds of golf you obviousily enjoy the full round and I'd like the option to play the final round with whom you should be playing along side. Just as an option though not standard as some may not enjoy this.

I like this idea. After battling Tiger for the #1 ranking a couple tournaments ago, and playing 4 rounds along side him on the course, seeing his shots and trying to outdo him while actually seeing each of his shots, it was a lot of fun. I would definitely use that a lot. It may make my rounds and tournaments a lot longer than they are now, but it definitely adds an additional fun factor to it, seeing what my opponent is shooting and what I have to do to best him.

Also, they need to find a way to do more stuff with the XP you earn. My golfer is completely maxed out on his natural stats (don't have the prototypes or anything yet) and I currently have over 350,000 XP just building up in my XP bank. The devs need to find an additional way of using all that XP. Maybe have clothes, gloves, watches, etc that are ONLY purchasable via XP that you have earned and aren't unlocked via sponsor challenges. Or possibly have higher XP requirements for your stats. So instead of going 1,000-2,000-3,000 for XP cost of stat levels, make it 1,000-3,000-5,000. Or even have options in the menu, either during or before each season, to making it something high like 2,000-5,000-10,000 or something. Just some way of using all this extra XP that we build up and just sit there with absolutely no use after we max out our golfer's stats.

psuexv
06-12-2011, 10:48 PM
With the XP points, I think you could fix this by making it take more points to max out your player. In all honesty how many PGA rookies do you know dominating and yep I'm sure there's a lot of us that are

psuexv
06-14-2011, 01:41 PM
being able to watch live rounds of other golfers

psusnoop
06-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Online leagues would be a huge get as mentioned before.

Statistical overlays as mentioned before, like Paakaa10 said.

Maybe some type of momentum meter or confidence stat for each individual shot to bring into play. We all know as we are playing a round of golf (and I'm not the greatest though I can string together some shots but normally I shot in the low 80's) that you can easily get on a roll and you just have that confidence in your next shot, just as flubbing one may just throw off the next shot and it could take you a hole to bring it back to normal or a couple of holes to totally regain that confidence. This would be really tough to do I'm sure as it could be very over powered both ways but it could also make the game that much better. As I was playing last night and got on that roll I felt like I just couldn't miss, going -8 on the back 9 and on the same note that first 18 I was as shakey as all get out, making poor decisions and not making any putts. So I guess as I was struggling last night in that first round to make a putt or stick a shot tight my confidence meter or momentum meter would have been extremely low and my target area would have been larger without the ability to focus it down. As I made a few shots or putts that meter would regain itself to the point where I could focus it down a little more. In general after horrid shot or a 3 putt for bogey or par for that matter you shouldn't be able to get up on the tee and focus your next shot right in, or get on the green after playing whack a tree and focus it down to a dime to make that crucial putt for par, you should have to work for it a little more.

psuexv
06-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Statistical overlays as mentioned before, like Paakaa10 said.

What type of stats are you looking for? Now you usually get the leaderboard and the hole stats as you are loading up a hole and you get the leaderboard after each shot.

Maybe some type of momentum meter

I think this one already takes care of itself. I know if I start to play bad I can really rattle myself and my swing "thumb" gets off and I shank some shots. To me this game is completely different than NCAA were you have to build in momentum as seem to be able to get rattled all by yourself... but maybe that's just me not being very good at the game. :)

psusnoop
06-14-2011, 03:45 PM
What type of stats are you looking for? Now you usually get the leaderboard and the hole stats as you are loading up a hole and you get the leaderboard after each shot.

I think this one already takes care of itself. I know if I start to play bad I can really rattle myself and my swing "thumb" gets off and I shank some shots. To me this game is completely different than NCAA were you have to build in momentum as seem to be able to get rattled all by yourself... but maybe that's just me not being very good at the game. :)

For the stats, like Paakaa10 mentioned about earlier rounds scores. Like you went birdie, birdie, par the first 3 rounds kinda like what they do on TV now. Just something small, but a nice touch if they could add it.

Then for the momentum, I'm kinda thinking along the lines like you just shanked your shot into the trees off the tee. Your next shot your caddie gives a 98% shot you can focus way down and give yourself an easy shot at birdie. This rarely happens IRL and I would like to see this changed by some means in the future. Or you just 3 putted for bogey and you go to the box to tee off and you can focus your drive way down and smack a beautiful shot right into the fairway (now I'm not saying that this shouldn't happen, but by no means is it that easy to just focus right in to that kind of shot). I'd like to see it stay as a large focus circle after a poor shot that way there is more variance in your next shot, sure you can still hit a great shot but it's not as easy as focusing it right in and hitting the correct percentage.

psuexv
06-15-2011, 09:01 AM
I guess we are thinking of 2 different things. Yes, in your scenerios you can focus down and hit a nice shot... but you still have to hit the sticks right. I'm saying that I will sometimes see myself if I'm playing bad really mess my swings up, either personal momentum or trying to overcompensate

SmoothPancakes
06-17-2011, 02:19 AM
They need to expand on the changing courses in various seasons. Right now it's just the tournaments with DLC courses that change from season to season. Watching round 1 of the US Open earlier during the day, and watching the replay right now, Congressional Country Club looks like it would be a fun course to play on. Unfortunately, right now in TW12, it's Pebble Beach every single year. I love Pebble Beach, it's a fun course, but there needs to be some rotation like real life.

In TW12, every season, you play the US Open at Pebble Beach, the Open Championship at Old Course at St. Andrews, and the PGA Championship at Atlanta Athletic Club.

However, this year in real life, the US Open is being played at Congressional Country Club, the Open Championship is being played at Royal St. George's Golf Club, and the PGA Championship is at AAC. They don't return to Pebble Beach for the US until 2019 and don't return to St. Andrews for the Open until 2015.

I understand there would be and is difficulty getting various courses both on board to be included in the game, as well as designed for in the game, but there has to be something they could try and do. They don't have include every course for the various majors through 2020 or something, but give some variety.

US Open already has 2014 (Pinehurst #2) and 2016 (Oakmont CC) courses included in the game. How about getting the Congressional or something in next year, and maybe trying to get the 2012 course (The Olympic Club, Lake Course) in.

For the Open Championship, at the least, try to get 2011's course, Royal St. George's GC in, maybe 2012's course (Royal Lytham & St. Anne's GC). And for the PGA Championship, try to include next year's course (Kiawah Island Golf Resort) and maybe 2013's course (Oak Hill CC).

I don't know if there would be room for all of the courses on the disc, or if they could even be completed in time for inclusion on the disc, but that's where I thought, we already have the Eagles and Birdies DLC packs. Why not group all these championship courses together and sell them as a Championship DLC pack.

Then, if it's possible in the game code (I have absolutely not a damn bit of knowledge when it comes to coding, so I have no clue what is and isn't possible), have a set up where the various courses are recognized by the game to be that year's championship courses, so the game would automatically put Oak Hill CC as the 2013 (whatever number season that is) as the PGA Championship's course.

But then, so you're not screwing people over and forcing them to buy the packs if they don't want to, have a check system in place. When you are in the settings menu for the beginning of the next season and you are going into your new season, have the game check and see if they have the DLC downloaded and installed, if they do, Oak Hill CC shows up as the 2013 PGA Championship course. If they don't have it installed, the game defaults to is default PGA Championship course.

Same thing with the others. US Open, if you have the DLC downloaded, the game will have The Olympic Club, Lake Course as the 2012 US Open course (or maybe Merion Golf Club, East Course in 2013). If you don't have the DLC downloaded, it defaults to Pebble Beach.

We already have the rotations and changes to the DLC tournaments and courses every season, but they need to work on getting the Majors switching and rotating as well so I'm not playing Pebble Beach for my 7th season in a row when I get to season 7. Again, I don't know how much of that is possible from a coding standpoint, what would need to be done in regards to creating the courses in the game, and what would need to be done between EA and the individual golf clubs themselves, so I'm sure it's probably a pipe dream, if anything, at least right now. But it would add an entirely new level of depth to the game and keep things even fresher from season to season than they are now.

JBHuskers
06-17-2011, 10:15 AM
I can't remember what I have already said...but WORKING MICS FOR ROUNDS WITH MORE THAN TWO PEOPLE....:D been asking for that for years.

Online leagues (though I like doing it by paper...errr forums).

psuexv
06-17-2011, 10:32 AM
Online leagues (though I like doing it by paper...errr forums).

I'm sure you did :)

Hopefully they can do online career and not just an online league. That would be tits on a stick

JBHuskers
06-17-2011, 10:33 AM
I'm sure you did :)

Hopefully they can do online career and not just an online league. That would be tits on a stick

Double D tits on a stick.

psuexv
06-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Double D tits on a stick.

that would have to be one strong stick

JBHuskers
06-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Now that I have my Road to Glory blog complete, I am going to try to focus on getting this together next week.

psuexv
06-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Now that I have my Road to Glory blog complete, I am going to try to focus on getting this together next week.

:)) :)) :))

CoreySA
06-17-2011, 08:25 PM
My wishlist --

1. Online/offline career. Would love to see the ability to compete against friends in the same career and tournaments.

2. Swing Stick Improvements. Being as we've had (more or less) the same stick movements, I think it's time for a bit of a change. Something a little more challenging and realistic. I think getting rid of the button mashing for using power is a good start.

Idea - maybe instead of using a button to increase power, we could include holding down one of the trigger buttons instead as you swing the club. The trick is, doing this makes the swing much more sensitive. Meaning if you aren't dead on, you run the risk of a more off balanced shot. That is how golf is played, more power you try and add, the more you take away from accuracy and balance.

3. ALLOWING DLC COURSES ALREADY PURCHASED FOR TW12 TO BE USED IN TW13!!! As someone who bought every DLC course for TW12, I'd like to see this. Keep adding new courses as DLC, and let me carry the ones I have over.

4. Presentation improvements. More TV style presentation, maybe cut scenes of our golfers walking up to the 18th green, Masters green jacket presentations...whatever. Just keep improving!

This is my list so far, love the ideas I'm seeing as well!

CoreySA
06-18-2011, 05:27 PM
- DLC courses that transfer from game-to-game instead of needing to be re-purchased.

- Ability to achieve any Course Mastery or Sponsor objective regardless of your current level for them; for example, making a 50 ft. putt before you make Silver Course Mastery currently doesn't "count" towards the Gold requirement.

- More statistical overlays over the course of the game; for example, if you're in Round 4 of a tournament, an overlay should pop up as you play saying your score on that hole in Rounds 1-3.

- Better celebration sequences at the close of a tournament. Winning the Masters should feel significantly more important than winning at TPC Scottsdale.

- Ability to choose between "Broadcast" presentation (with commentary & overlays) or "Golfer" presentation (with only caddie, ambient noise like crowds, and the scorecard to track progress.

I pretty much agree with all of this. There are a few others I would like to add as well --

1. (Pretty much already announced) Kinect support for Xbox 360.

2. I think even though I've touched on presentation before, after reading the above, I think the major thing I'm looking for is something different when it comes to major tournaments.

Majors should feel different. More lively crowds, more stat overlays and better celebrations at the end (golfer walking up to green, trophy celebration/green jacket, cut scenes and stat overlays). I also loved (I don't know how many people loved this, but I did) the fact that in the Masters you couldn't use spin or power. Added to the challenge. If there were a better way to implement power that made it more difficult, it might be ok to add that but I'm all for the idea of making majors more difficult.

3. I'd like to see a more dynamic performance system in career mode. Something like Madden 12 is adding. For instance, if you struggle early in a round or tournament, it can affect your swing or landing zones for the rest if you struggle early. It can even harm/help you as the weeks go on. I don't expect anything major here, and realize it could be tough to implement but it'd be nice to see something that could be implemented into the career mode that carries over week to week.

psuexv
06-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Make the "lie" information more readily available. It should be on the screen when you are lining up your shot, IMO

psuexv
06-22-2011, 09:14 PM
I'd like to see a more accurate swing in regards to percentage, especially on the low end. If you have to hit 50% or lower it's a real quick swing that isn't a true 50% of your swing

SmoothPancakes
06-23-2011, 06:41 AM
I'd like to see a more accurate swing in regards to percentage, especially on the low end. If you have to hit 50% or lower it's a real quick swing that isn't a true 50% of your swing

Agreed! If I have to hit a 35% shot to get to the green from where I am, it's almost impossible. Even going instant down up on the stick as fast as I humanly can, I still end up with something like 45% power. Find a way to make it easier to hit those 50% or less shots without having to pull off a "fastest as you humanly can" swing every time.

june131977
06-29-2011, 09:14 PM
100% the dlc courses should carry over that way they can add new dlc courses every year i dont wanna buy 2013 and then again see that i can dl oakmont bethpage ect i wanna have those since i dled them already and have the opportunity to dlc new courses.

Also I love the idea to search your dlc courses prior to each season and rotate the courses in the tournaments provided. or if that is not possible give us the opportunity to chooses which courses are used in each tournament.

I would like to see qualifying for the ryder cup or presidents cup not the ability to just play it as a separate part of the game not part of your career.

I like the option to choose to play along side the person you would be paired with during the 4th round on/off option.

Love the previous round scoring on the hole idea.

I like the caddy but like alot of games you should unlock better caddies and have the option on which to choose each having positives and negatives. giving them some character.

Playing on tour pro my accuracy should not be maxed at 75% because i dont use sponsor boasts.

june131977
06-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Also get rid of the fake courses replace those with courses like

Kiwah Island the Ocean Course (basically banned by the players and pga)
The International the Pines Course (over 8300 with a 715 par 5 and a 277 par 3)
Winged Foot Golf Club West Course
PGA West Stadium Course Pros complained it was too hard so it was taken off the tour and is used for Q school)
Shinnecock Hills
Medinah Country Club No. 3

this is the championship DLC pack needed!!!!

psuexv
07-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Make the wind more consistent. I've seen a number of times where it changes about 4 to 5 mph during my backswing