PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Thoughts & General Impressions Thread

cdj
03-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Now that the game is out, use this thread to post your thoughts, impressions, general questions & discussions, and more!

JBHuskers
03-29-2011, 12:50 PM
One thing to keep in mind in the career mode, from Mike DeVault:

"This DLC thing is getting blown way out of proportion. Each tournament in Road to The Masters has a star rating. The DLC course tournaments are rated very low so skipping them in career is literally like a blip on the radar. They are in there basically as a courtesy to those players who have bought the courses and are in no way a requirement in completing your career in Road to The Masters successfully."

cdj
03-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Anyone up for some golf tonight or later this afternoon? Maybe some President's Cup action if there are enough of us? (PS3)

JBHuskers
03-29-2011, 12:52 PM
I should be around after my dentist appointment at 5:30.

CLW
03-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Anyone up for some golf tonight or later this afternoon? Maybe some President's Cup action if there are enough of us? (PS3)

I should be around after my dentist appointment at 5:30.

Assuming my game comes via UPS/Amazon (according to UPS it is out for delivery to my home) I am down. I probably wont be available until about 7-8 pm EST tonight.

psuexv
03-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Mother F. My game didn't even ship yet. I ordered it yesterday with 2 day delivery and my expected delivery is April 1.... WTF

CLW
03-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Mother F. My game didn't even ship yet. I ordered it yesterday with 2 day delivery and my expected delivery is April 1.... WTF

Gotta get that 1 day shipping. I tried to change my order yesterday and was told it was already being processed. This morning got an e-mail saying it was out and I checked and the game had already made it from Louisville to Connecticut.

psuexv
03-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Gotta get that 1 day shipping. I tried to change my order yesterday and was told it was already being processed. This morning got an e-mail saying it was out and I checked and the game had already made it from Louisville to Connecticut.

Yeah I should have stepped up and did it. 2 day was free with Prime Trial.

JBHuskers
03-29-2011, 02:21 PM
Yeah if you get it within a few days of release, Amazon has been offering $1 release day delivery on most major video game titles. I got it with NASCAR 2011 today, just got a call from my apartment office saying I got a package.

psuexv
03-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Yeah if you get it within a few days of release, Amazon has been offering $1 release day delivery on most major video game titles. I got it with NASCAR 2011 today, just got a call from my apartment office saying I got a package.

yeah Release day delivery was .99 on the collector's edition but I changed to get the $25 credit but had to sacrifice shipping.

CLW
03-29-2011, 07:34 PM
yeah Release day delivery was .99 on the collector's edition but I changed to get the $25 credit but had to sacrifice shipping.

[CENSORED] I get home from a LONG day and I was looking forward to playing Tiger and Nascar only to see no package at my door. I go to track and the following message shows up:

Warwick, RI, United States 03/29/2011 7:52 P.M. The package was missed at the UPS facility, UPS will deliver on the next business day.
03/29/2011 8:06 A.M. Out For Delivery
03/29/2011 7:30 A.M. Arrival Scan
03/29/2011 7:03 A.M. Departure Scan
03/29/2011 6:46 A.M. Arrival Scan
Windsor Locks, CT, United States 03/29/2011 6:20 A.M. Departure Scan
03/29/2011 5:35 A.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 03/29/2011 3:59 A.M. Departure Scan
03/29/2011 1:27 A.M. Origin Scan
United States 03/28/2011 10:19 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

FedEx FTW UPS FTL!

ryby6969
03-29-2011, 08:25 PM
After seeing and hearing all the reviews, I am trying to talk the wife into letting me get this.

JBHuskers
03-29-2011, 08:33 PM
After seeing and hearing all the reviews, I am trying to talk the wife into letting me get this.

:nod:

natcret
03-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Picked up mine at Game Stop on the way from work today. Just sat down and messed around with the Augusta Par 9 Course to get a feel for the game and set Tour Pro with Live Weather. After going +6 on the first hole, I could see immediately that the game will be sensitive for sure. Ended up finishing +7 :(

Putting will be a beast for sure. However, I think that once XP starts to get added to things, it might be easier.

Note: You will find that the Left Stick/Right Stick (LS/RS) setting is not under the main options page. Once you intially select any type of round, you can go to the options screen prior to playing the first hole and change the LS/RS setting. It appears that it saves the setting for future rounds. However, I do not know if this will reset itself like it did in TW11 when you play online.

Paakaa10
03-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Been playing for a while and it's a really strong game entry for the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR series. I didn't pick up the game over the last two years with money issues and saving up to get NCAA Football/Madden NFL in the course of the year, but this was definitely a good year to get back into things.

For anybody who hasn't grabbed the retail game yet, playing the demo up to the XP cap (40,000) on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 will allow you to boost your created golfer to around 45-45-45-45 in beginning stats. It might not sound like a big deal, but it definitely helps out. I got to skip the local tour thanks to beating the demo, and it only took a single tournament on the AM Tour and a single tournament on the Nationwide Tour before getting the invite to Q School. Won the Q School event and got my PGA Tour pass. Don't think I'll be qualifying for The Masters in my first season, but I'm still working through the lead-up events now.

It's a no-brainer buy for any golf fans, as far as I'm concerned.

JBHuskers
03-29-2011, 09:44 PM
The problem with skipping the local tour is you're going to miss seeing my name on the leaderboards in career mode :P

gschwendt
03-29-2011, 09:51 PM
The problem with skipping the local tour is you're going to miss seeing my name on the leaderboards in career mode :P
Didn't see you but I beat out Jake Stein :)

cdj
03-29-2011, 09:56 PM
I saw Rob Semsey (EA PR Rep) on my leaderboard and defeated him.

cdj
03-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Anyone have any freezes or issues? Ran into a hard freeze doing a GamerNet Challenge, but that's been about it here.

Passed three Masters Challenges...it's going to be tough to Master them.

JBHuskers
03-29-2011, 11:47 PM
Man I suck on the 360 LOL played against Game Changer Oblong and Dougie, and I shot +1 at Augusta on just Pro....good thing I'm playing on the PS3 for the league :D for some reason on my downswing for shots and putts I bend it and that's why I struggle, but yet I don't do it on the PS3.

psuexv
03-30-2011, 08:19 AM
[CENSORED] I get home from a LONG day and I was looking forward to playing Tiger and Nascar only to see no package at my door. I go to track and the following message shows up:

Warwick, RI, United States 03/29/2011 7:52 P.M. The package was missed at the UPS facility, UPS will deliver on the next business day.
03/29/2011 8:06 A.M. Out For Delivery
03/29/2011 7:30 A.M. Arrival Scan
03/29/2011 7:03 A.M. Departure Scan
03/29/2011 6:46 A.M. Arrival Scan
Windsor Locks, CT, United States 03/29/2011 6:20 A.M. Departure Scan
03/29/2011 5:35 A.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 03/29/2011 3:59 A.M. Departure Scan
03/29/2011 1:27 A.M. Origin Scan
United States 03/28/2011 10:19 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

FedEx FTW UPS FTL!

I checked this morning and mine still hasn't shipped yet. I guess I was under the assumption that 2 day shipping was I would have it in 2 days, not we will ship it in 2 days. :smh:

psusnoop
03-30-2011, 09:03 AM
I checked this morning and mine still hasn't shipped yet. I guess I was under the assumption that 2 day shipping was I would have it in 2 days, not we will ship it in 2 days. :smh:

OUCH, Burn...

morsdraconis
03-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Had that happen with an Amazon seller as well. Most of the time, I've gotten stuff faster than specified (bought a game and paid normal shipping and got it in like 3 days from ordering it a few times) and then this past time that I paid expedited shipping (it was only $3 more so I figured, what the hell) and didn't get it until 5 days after paying for it. Needless to say, I let the seller know and he refunded my extra $3 (which was SUPER nice of him).

skipwondah33
03-30-2011, 09:32 AM
I didn't get to order my copy until lastnight. Isn't expected to be here until April 6th, because it won't be in stock until the 1st. I have the Prime membership so it will be here fairly quick or atleast it should. I got the $25 credit deal so I'm not complaining.

Oh and just so you all know expect a invite to get Tiger Woods from me tonight haha

SmoothPancakes
03-30-2011, 01:07 PM
If anyone hasn't bought this yet and was considering it, Amazon already has it knocked down to $44.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O6N2NY) for PS3 and 360 for the time being.

JBHuskers
03-30-2011, 01:41 PM
If anyone hasn't bought this yet and was considering it, Amazon already has it knocked down to $44.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O6N2NY) for PS3 and 360 for the time being.

I bet it is like Homefront, a one-day deal, so jump on it!

skipwondah33
03-30-2011, 03:34 PM
Well damn could have waited. Oh well I already had a $50 credit on my account so it was only $9 anyway.

I'm freaking loving Amazon man :D and we have the Prime membership for mother's so thats even better lol

psuexv
03-31-2011, 09:00 AM
Ah yeah... out for delivery, should be sitting on my doorstep when I get home.

State College, PA, United States 03/31/2011 5:08 A.M. Out For Delivery
03/31/2011 4:15 A.M. Arrival Scan Harrisburg, PA, United States
03/31/2011 2:25 A.M. Departure Scan Harrisburg, PA, United States
03/30/2011 8:33 P.M. Arrival Scan Horsham, PA, United States
03/30/2011 6:28 P.M. Departure Scan
03/30/2011 4:02 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 03/30/2011 11:04 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

psusnoop
03-31-2011, 09:09 AM
Boy just my lucky day. I can see it now, I'm leaving slightly early and my package will be sitting on your doorstep as well. Lets just hope there are two of them because if there is only one then you are SOL pal. But as any good friend would do, just call me and I'll send you a video stream of the game so I can watch me play.

psusnoop
03-31-2011, 09:10 AM
OH yea, can you call to see if there is a way to get a good range of TOA on said packages? I'd hate to leave work here and have to sit in your driveway while waiting.

psuexv
03-31-2011, 09:18 AM
Boy just my lucky day. I can see it now, I'm leaving slightly early and my package will be sitting on your doorstep as well. Lets just hope there are two of them because if there is only one then you are SOL pal. But as any good friend would do, just call me and I'll send you a video stream of the game so I can watch me play.

Good thing I just had that trap door installed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzZ7aGO8PiQ

psusnoop
03-31-2011, 09:27 AM
:D:D:D

morsdraconis
03-31-2011, 09:32 AM
omg, that's horrible...

CLW
03-31-2011, 09:43 AM
Played one round last night. Putting is a BIATCH! Time to bust out that Augusta Putter. :nod:

ryby6969
03-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Question about the full version. In the demo I hit the ball perfect and it tends to slowly fade to the left or right on Tour Pro mode. Is this because of my players stats? When I am slightly off of dead center I have no problem with it doing it because I miss hit it, but when I hit it perfect and I miss the green because it just keeps going right it bothers me a little bit.(and no the ball is not above or below my feet or alot of wind or anything like that)

Paakaa10
03-31-2011, 11:15 AM
Been getting in as much time with the game as I can between my wife's commandeering of the PS3 for Netflix purposes, and have won two tournaments on the PGA Tour so far (excepting the DLC course tournament which I skipped before purchasing). CPU scores were really high though--I won each event by about 20 strokes--so I switched the CPU scoring to "Low" and on my current tournament at Eagle Lake (if I'm remembering the name correctly) the leaders are averaging about -6 to -7 a round, which is really close to my average (playing on "Pro" difficulty; I know, I'm a wimp). Happy with the difficulty level now halfway through the tournament, and looking forward to actually being pushed to perform better in the last two rounds to secure a victory and hopefully earn an invite to the Masters in my first season.

JBHuskers
03-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Question about the full version. In the demo I hit the ball perfect and it tends to slowly fade to the left or right on Tour Pro mode. Is this because of my players stats? When I am slightly off of dead center I have no problem with it doing it because I miss hit it, but when I hit it perfect and I miss the green because it just keeps going right it bothers me a little bit.(and no the ball is not above or below my feet or alot of wind or anything like that)

Have you messed with Club Tuner yet?

ryby6969
03-31-2011, 11:27 AM
Have you messed with Club Tuner yet?

I don't have the full version yet. Just wondering based on the demo. It would be really cool if it is just because my guy sucks right now. I tried the play now at 18 on Augusta and didn't have a problem while using Tiger.

gschwendt
03-31-2011, 11:30 AM
I don't have the full version yet. Just wondering based on the demo. It would be really cool if it is just because my guy sucks right now. I tried the play now at 18 on Augusta and didn't have a problem while using Tiger.
As you build up your player, you can set what category to use your XP... one of those categories is the size of the target circle. Obviously the more you spend on it, the smaller the circle, the less the drift.

ryby6969
03-31-2011, 11:32 AM
As you build up your player, you can set what category to use your XP... one of those categories is the size of the target circle. Obviously the more you spend on it, the smaller the circle, the less the drift.

Okay cool, I had a feeling that was what it was but was not sure. Thanks G.

cdj
03-31-2011, 12:57 PM
Saw this over on the EA FORUMS from Dewiel:

Hey Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters fans we are producing a Top 5 from Augusta National showcasing YOU the FANS. If you want to be featured in an ESPN style countdown send the EASPORTS.com link of your best shots at Augusta National to contests@ea.com. Come back Wednesday, April 9th to see if you were featured in the first ever Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Top 5 Shots. Submissions start NOW!

SmoothPancakes
03-31-2011, 03:39 PM
Alright, I might finally have this game by next week. :rolleyes:

My order on Amazon just finally updated this afternoon from Not Yet Shipped to Shipping Soon, even though I pre-ordered it Sunday afternoon after the $25 deal popped up. Took them long enough just to even start getting it ready to ship.

Coachdenz
03-31-2011, 08:32 PM
my game is on the kitchen table 800 miles away, hope to crank this baby up late Friday night.

Paakaa10
03-31-2011, 11:56 PM
Took on Augusta National in my first season of Road to the Masters on the PGA TOUR tonight; what an epic experience. It would seem as though the tournament "forces" certain gameplay restrictions--no power boost and no post-shot spin, for example--and putting is very unforgiving if you're not spot-on. With my difficulty on "Pro", I managed -8 over the four rounds for a one-stroke victory as I bogeyed #18 in the final round.

Got a ton of XP for winning the Masters--almost as much as I transferred from maxing out the demo XP--but was a little disappointed to see that there was no presentation of the Green Jacket to my golfer. Guess it would've been difficult to account for all of the possible created golfers when making a cutscene like that though.

I submitted the video linked here for the Top 5 Shots at the Masters in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters:
Long Birdie Putt on Hole #10 at Augusta National (http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/72452604)

That was in the third round and the shot was just over 50 feet from the cup. I was only at Bronze-level course mastery so the caddy's putting suggestion was red (low confidence). I had no choice but to gauge what I thought was right and hope to end up close enough to the hole for a two-putt; thankfully my guess was better than expected.

Loving the game so far; just got my golfer up to 70-70-70-70 in stats.

cdj
04-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Awesome putt, Paakaa. As usual, that's my biggest weakness in the series. It improved quite a bit playing in the TGA last year, but still not where I want or need it to be.

morsdraconis
04-01-2011, 01:23 AM
I agree. That's a freakin' Tiger putt there. That was pretty freakin' awesome. I would have been cheering after making that one.

skipwondah33
04-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Alright, I might finally have this game by next week. :rolleyes:

My order on Amazon just finally updated this afternoon from Not Yet Shipped to Shipping Soon, even though I pre-ordered it Sunday afternoon after the $25 deal popped up. Took them long enough just to even start getting it ready to ship.

Thats weird. I ordered mine on the 29th. It said the game would be in stock today April 1st and that expected delivery was April 6th initially. Then it changed to April 4th.

Well I get an email saying my credit is in my account, then I checked the deivlery date and it says today and its out for delivery now.

I have the Prime membership and set it to ship as soon as items become available preference.

Paakaa10
04-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Thanks cdj, morsdraconis.

I already relayed my immediate reaction to that putt through Twitter, but I'll recount here for dramatic purposes.

Sitting on the edge of the bed playing, start to stand up as the ball gets closer, then jump off of the bed and fist pump when the putt is sunk. This obviously grabs my wife's attention, and she hadn't really been paying any attention to the game to that point. I show the instant replay from a couple angles, savoring my victory, and then she says:

"That would have been much more impressive if you'd done it in real life."

As Chris said before: BUZZKILL.

The next few minutes were spent trying to figure out how in the hell to save the replay so I could submit it; it's been a few years since I've played a Tiger game. Finally figured out I could push R2 for EA Gamernet and there were a couple options: saving the last shot, the last hole, or (I forget the last option). When I finished the round I went to my EA Gamernet information through the initial menu and my "local" highlights had the shot. Really cool how easy it was to save and upload the highlight once I knew what it required.

Even cooler, however, is that I can set up that putt as an EA Gamernet challenge and set some parameters for "win" condition; I could upload it so that people playing online could take the challenge of that putt and only win by sinking it, or I could ease up and make the "win" condition just getting the ball close to the cup. Once I get the opportunity to fully mess around with it later, I'll probably put it online and link it here or specify how to search for it so people here could try that shot as well.

Can't wait for the next BUZZKILL when I upload that dramatic shot--thinking few will be able to beat it--and then a whole host of players easily notch the victory. Oh well.

morsdraconis
04-01-2011, 09:04 AM
Sitting on the edge of the bed playing, start to stand up as the ball gets closer, then jump off of the bed and fist pump when the putt is sunk. This obviously grabs my wife's attention, and she hadn't really been paying any attention to the game to that point. I show the instant replay from a couple angles, savoring my victory, and then she says:

"That would have been much more impressive if you'd done it in real life."

They sure know how to put it all in perspective don't they? :)

JBHuskers
04-01-2011, 09:27 AM
It wasn't on Augusta, but I nailed a 50 foot putt on Tour Pro with no putt preview the other night, about crapped my pants.

psuexv
04-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Played my 1st event last night, the Holiday Amateur on Tour Pro. Finished T12 with a +7, leader was at +5. Noticed Jeremy Bennett was right above me with +7 as well :)

1st general impressions are pretty positive. Averaged 1.97 putts which I was pretty happy with.

I

psuexv
04-01-2011, 09:43 AM
Question - When the caddie tells you he wants you to 2 putt, is his recommendations to put your close or to hole the putt?

JBHuskers
04-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Question - When the caddie tells you he wants you to 2 putt, is his recommendations to put your close or to hole the putt?

Yeah because there is a good chance you're not going to make the putt....so the best play is to lag the putt to make sure you're going to get out of there with a par.

Paakaa10
04-01-2011, 11:07 AM
It wasn't on Augusta, but I nailed a 50 foot putt on Tour Pro with no putt preview the other night, about crapped my pants.

Pissing contest: commence! :D

Video or GTFO! :P

CLW
04-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Need someone to teach me how to putt. For whatever reason I seem to hit a very high % of fairways/greens but then my game goes to hell on the green. I use focus and the caddie's recommedation but my putts are AWFUL. It seems like the putting is more sensitive to how you move the stick down and back up. Do you guys just use one finger on the stick or two? I've been using two but I'm thinking about trying just using my thumb while putting to see if that will solve some of the problem.

gschwendt
04-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Need someone to teach me how to putt. For whatever reason I seem to hit a very high % of fairways/greens but then my game goes to hell on the green. I use focus and the caddie's recommedation but my putts are AWFUL. It seems like the putting is more sensitive to how you move the stick down and back up. Do you guys just use one finger on the stick or two? I've been using two but I'm thinking about trying just using my thumb while putting to see if that will solve some of the problem.
I just use my thumb. As well, make sure to use the XP to build up your golfer's attribute. Not sure which one it is called but it is what determines how badly you'll miss based on your pull of the stick. After getting my golfer decent in most other areas, I put big concentration on that one and on the target circle for all shots. That way I sort of know what I'm going to get in most instances instead of relying on bad luck.

psuexv
04-01-2011, 12:43 PM
I just use my thumb. I use the same motion as when I swing. I have noticed that it's very sensitive to hitting the sweet spot. I was getting frustrated last night as I was constantly shooting past the hole, but was always close enough to tap it in, and I seemed to always miss it right which I think is my swing.

You might want to try tuning your swing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU8pY1ReQ2A&feature=player_embedded

psuexv
04-01-2011, 12:45 PM
CLW - you might also want to try switching which stick swings for you. I had to switch mine as I'm much smoother with the right thumb than the left.

Paakaa10
04-01-2011, 12:49 PM
If you go to the Online Menu for EA SPORTS Gamernet and select Online Challenges, you can find my challenge for the putt posted here. Look under "Free Style" and search by "Player"--"Online ID" using my ID "Paakaa10" to bring up "Long Birdie Putt Masters."

Looking forward to somebody trying it and putting me in my place!

SmoothPancakes
04-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Thats weird. I ordered mine on the 29th. It said the game would be in stock today April 1st and that expected delivery was April 6th initially. Then it changed to April 4th.

Well I get an email saying my credit is in my account, then I checked the deivlery date and it says today and its out for delivery now.

I have the Prime membership and set it to ship as soon as items become available preference.

Yeah, it JUST finally shipped out this morning. Depending on where it shipped from (usually either from Amazon's distribution center in Kentucky or Indiana), I could potentially have it by tomorrow, otherwise I'm guessing Monday. No clue what the hell happened with this order. This is the first time it has taken nearly an entire week for something to ship, never even 4 days if you just count from the day the game was actually released. I would have canceled yesterday and just gone and bought the game locally, like I had been planning to all along, since it was taking so long, but I wanted that $25 credit, so I decided to stick through it and wait.

CLW
04-01-2011, 03:37 PM
CLW - you might also want to try switching which stick swings for you. I had to switch mine as I'm much smoother with the right thumb than the left.

Yeah I think I'd be more comfortable on the right stick. right now I'm using both my left and right thumbs on the left stick and it just doesn't feel right.

How did you switch the controls?

psuexv
04-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Yeah I think I'd be more comfortable on the right stick. right now I'm using both my left and right thumbs on the left stick and it just doesn't feel right.

How did you switch the controls?

I'll have to check when I get home tonight, I can't remember exactly where it was. It took me awhile to find it as it was in a different place than the demo. I thought someone on here posted about it but I can't find it.

psuexv
04-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Found it - Note: You will find that the Left Stick/Right Stick (LS/RS) setting is not under the main options page. Once you intially select any type of round, you can go to the options screen prior to playing the first hole and change the LS/RS setting. It appears that it saves the setting for future rounds. However, I do not know if this will reset itself like it did in TW11 when you play online.

JBHuskers
04-01-2011, 03:50 PM

We are still talking about the video game, right?

psuexv
04-01-2011, 03:52 PM

Damnit... I just spit water all over my keyboard.

Paakaa10
04-01-2011, 04:04 PM

WINNING.

More WINNING.

SmoothPancakes
04-01-2011, 04:56 PM

Damn you JB. :D

I just did the same thing. Even worse though, I just did it to my keyboard here at work.

CLW
04-01-2011, 10:51 PM

:D

Getting a little better but I think its more the XP than my stick skillz. I'm on the Nation Wide Tour now and I finished 2nd in the first event so one more Top 5 and I'm off to Q school.

I was super proud of my 30 foot plus bomb of a put for a bronze trophy. :nod:

I am REALLY enjoying this game so far. It has been challenging and fun each round. :up: :up: to EA for TW 12.

cdj
04-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Paakaa, I don't want it to seem like I am bragging but I did hit a 15 foot putt today. Pretty impressive for me, if I may say so.

Paakaa10
04-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Paakaa, I don't want it to seem like I am bragging but I did hit a 15 foot putt today. Pretty impressive for me, if I may say so.

Haha I'm getting a braggart's reputation now. All of my "achievements" are starting to feel a bit hollow since I'm playing on "Pro" and that's not what the TGA will be played on. This nice façade I've created with regards to my skill at the game is going to fall away pretty quickly.

cdj
04-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Haha I'm getting a braggart's reputation now. All of my "achievements" are starting to feel a bit hollow since I'm playing on "Pro" and that's not what the TGA will be played on. This nice façade I've created with regards to my skill at the game is going to fall away pretty quickly.

:D No, you aren't. Just wanted to have some fun with you after your long putt and my inability to make a long putt. I am playing on Pro as well just to help build my golfer up.

I last tried Gamernet on Tuesday, completing a few before my system did a hard freeze. I tried now and on my first attempt it did a hard freeze again. I hope it's a major coincidence....

cdj
04-03-2011, 03:33 PM
To show the detail in the game as well as how scripted some details are in real life...Courtesy Darren Rovell, here are Tiger's outfits for each day of The Masters this year. The shirts are the same options as in the game for Tiger.

http://thegamingtailgate.com/images/TW12/TigerMasters.png

natcret
04-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Finally made to my my First Masters today. Have to agree with PaaKaa10; you better be spot on with the putting as there is no forgiveness at all.

CLW
04-03-2011, 07:23 PM
How many rounds are you guys playing per Tourny? LOL I think I screwed up when I chose 4 rounds for this season. Going to take forever to get to The Masters at this rate.

gschwendt
04-03-2011, 07:35 PM
How many rounds are you guys playing per Tourny? LOL I think I screwed up when I chose 4 rounds for this season. Going to take forever to get to The Masters at this rate.
I did the same thing... I wish I had chose 2 or 3. Anyone know of a way to restart a career without losing your golfer?

Paakaa10
04-03-2011, 08:34 PM

I did the same thing... I wish I had chose 2 or 3. Anyone know of a way to restart a career without losing your golfer?

I chose four rounds per tournament; sure, it takes a long time, but it's a great way to level up "Course Mastery" and earn a lot of XP towards my created golfer. Since there is basically no way to get more than "Bronze" level "Course Mastery" if you only play one round, I don't mind it.

Not sure if you can restart the career without losing the golfer; is it possible to select a different number of rounds from the settings? I'm giving MLB 11 The Show some love now so I don't have the "Road to the Masters" menu in front of me currently.

Side Note
One thing that I really dislike: the Sponsor Challenges which are "Match Play" or other head-to-head modes against the CPU. Seems as though even the worst CPU golfers turn god-like when you do those challenges. I hate to skip those challenges, but I can't tolerate the superhuman AI getting out of sand traps and miraculously sinking cross-green putts.

CLW
04-03-2011, 09:34 PM
just finished my 1st PGA Tourny (Hawaii Open I think) 4 rounds and I finished T-3rd -13 (74; 65; 65; 71) on Tour Pro difficulty. I actually had the lead in the Final Round. However, 1 poor tee shot into the water and 2 3 putts down the stretch did me in.

changing to the Collector's Edition GA Putter has really helped me on the Green. :nod:

JBHuskers
04-03-2011, 11:18 PM

I chose two but sim the first one for more of a challenge. You have the option at the beginning of each season to change that.

skipwondah33
04-04-2011, 10:38 AM
I don't even remember setting how many rounds to play. At which piont does it allow you to do that? I'm on the Nationwide Tour right now so hopefully I can still change it.

gschwendt
04-04-2011, 10:39 AM
I don't even remember setting how many rounds to play. At which piont does it allow you to do that? I'm on the Nationwide Tour right now so hopefully I can still change it.
Yeah, it's when you join the PGA. I highly recommend 2 or 3 just because 4 drags out too long.

skipwondah33
04-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Thats what I thought because I didn't see anything prior to starting up like last version.

I actually like playing 4 rounds, in the past thats what I've used and it didn't take that long since I choose/hit the ball as soon as possible. With the ability to save midway through a round, that makes it convenient.

JBHuskers
04-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Yeah, it's when you join the PGA. I highly recommend 2 or 3 just because 4 drags out too long.

I'm going to go 1 from here on out until I get that 281 weeks trophy :nod:

natcret
04-04-2011, 04:22 PM
I am using one even though I have done four in the past. I have not found anyway to restart so I think a person is stuck, unless they create a new golfer. BTW: any notice the difference between caddie selected shots in the wind and the custom shots you set up under the same circumsances? Interesting difference.

CLW
04-04-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm going to go 1 from here on out until I get that 281 weeks trophy :nod:

the question is is it faster to get all of the gold mastery of the courses 1st then switch to 1 round tornys to try for the 281 week trophy.

JBHuskers
04-04-2011, 06:31 PM
the question is is it faster to get all of the gold mastery of the courses 1st then switch to 1 round tornys to try for the 281 week trophy.

I've been able to get gold mastery within three rounds on some courses. The only thing that is tough is actually landing 50 feet away to land a 50 foot putt. Throughout the course of 281 tour weeks, I should be able to earn those.

CLW
04-04-2011, 07:06 PM
I've been able to get gold mastery within three rounds on some courses. The only thing that is tough is actually landing 50 feet away to land a 50 foot putt. Throughout the course of 281 tour weeks, I should be able to earn those.

Yeah your probably right.

SmoothPancakes
04-04-2011, 08:49 PM

Well, if you set it up intentionally, it's not too hard. Wait for a hole with a giant green, then intentionally shank the shot to the opposite side of the green. Then just hope to God you actually are able to sink the putt.

psuexv
04-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Took 2nd in my 1st PGA event last night, Phil beat me out by 2 strokes, of course I did eagle the 18th to jump to 2nd lol. Started the last 18 one stroke off the lead and pretty much parred the round and just couldn't make any headway.

skipwondah33
04-12-2011, 09:53 AM
I see they haven't fixed the rather funny issue of the player walking off after the shot is hit. There have been many times where my golfer goes off into never-never land...like trying to walk across water after a tee shot...specifically on the 17th hole on East Lake I believe.

psusnoop
04-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Game on, bring on the nationwide tour now peeps lol

CLW
04-12-2011, 10:58 AM
:(

So I'm playing TW last night at my hotel at the tourny in Australia. I shot -4 to take a 1 shot lead after Round 1. I start Round 2 on FIRE. I'm through 15 holes and up to that point I have shot a 50 and I am running away with the tourny. Then BOOM lost power. Apparently some idiot hit a telephone pole and knocked out all of the power in a 3 block radius. Of course no auto save to the possibility of a 59 goes down the drain. :fp:

psuexv
04-12-2011, 12:24 PM
:(

So I'm playing TW last night at my hotel at the tourny in Australia. I shot -4 to take a 1 shot lead after Round 1. I start Round 2 on FIRE. I'm through 15 holes and up to that point I have shot a 50 and I am running away with the tourny. Then BOOM lost power. Apparently some idiot hit a telephone pole and knocked out all of the power in a 3 block radius. Of course no auto save to the possibility of a 59 goes down the drain. :fp:

I'd be finding that fool that hit the pole and laying the smack down on him.

SmoothPancakes
04-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I was forced to dashboard out in the middle of the third round on Sheshan last night. I had just hit an amazing shot from 126 yards out that sank for an eagle and went to save it as a gamernet clip, and something screwed up. It sat there on the waiting/loading screen for gamernet for half an hour before I dashboarded. I tried to cancel out and say screw it so I could continue playing my round, but it didn't work.

psuexv
04-12-2011, 04:18 PM
I had the same thing happen SP, tried to post a Gamernet and it took for ever. I was able to cancel out though and continue my round.

SmoothPancakes
04-13-2011, 03:35 AM
So while I will say I am absolutely loving this game as TW12 has been the only thing I have played since this weekend (besides some Halo: Reach multiplayer that I'm playing for an Xbox beta I'm a part of), I absolutely HATE Sheshan Golf & CC. I just finished round 3 of the PGA Tour tournament at it and I could not do a damn thing right. Only hit 13 GIRs, managed a pathetic 9 FIRs, ended with 5 bogeys, it was horrible. Easily the absolute worst round I have played in the entire time I have played TW12. I hate that eff'n course and am so skipping that shit every time it comes around in career mode.

SmoothPancakes
04-13-2011, 04:34 AM
Go figure. I have the absolute worst round I have played in this entire game in the 3rd round of The Worldwide Classic, and then I turn around a shoot a 7 under par in the 4th round of the tournament. I still hate this damn course.

psusnoop
04-15-2011, 07:30 AM
Well I had no idea what club tuner was till I got in there. I made some changes and really love the depth of this game.

CLW
04-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Anyone know what causes your Caddie to give you ZERO help on the green? I'm playing in the British Open and I just took the lead in the Final Round and then on the Back 9 then all of a sudden my Caddie stops giving me putting suggestions on where to aim/putt. Thankfully, I survived no thanks to my Caddie with a 1 shot victory to claim my 1st Major.

natcret
04-19-2011, 10:19 PM
CLW, I think it is random.

SmoothPancakes
04-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Anyone know what causes your Caddie to give you ZERO help on the green? I'm playing in the British Open and I just took the lead in the Final Round and then on the Back 9 then all of a sudden my Caddie stops giving me putting suggestions on where to aim/putt. Thankfully, I survived no thanks to my Caddie with a 1 shot victory to claim my 1st Major.

I feel your pain man. I was playing in the Masters, and round 3, it seemed like every single shot was player's choice. My caddy was absolutely worthless in that 3rd round. I got done with it, went into course mastery and made sure I finished off Gold mastery for Augusta National before I started round 4. Definitely helped, but still quite a few custom shots.

psusnoop
04-20-2011, 09:22 AM
CLW, I think it is random.

That is my thinking as well natcret.

psuexv
05-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Not sure if anyone else is seeing this but coming out of the traps is too easy in my opinion. I usually come out easily and with a decent shot. Now I know a pro golfer should come out of a trap easily but not always.

gschwendt
05-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Not sure if anyone else is seeing this but coming out of the traps is too easy in my opinion. I usually come out easily and with a decent shot. Now I know a pro golfer should come out of a trap easily but not always.
Yeah... there should be a much larger margin for error. Like where it shows your effected shot percentage, it should be something like 40-80%. Same should be for the rough... instead of just saying 75-80%, it should be 70-95%... maybe base on your golfer's accuracy rating or something.

psuexv
05-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Yeah... there should be a much larger margin for error. Like where it shows your effected shot percentage, it should be something like 40-80%. Same should be for the rough... instead of just saying 75-80%, it should be 70-95%... maybe base on your golfer's accuracy rating or something.

That and I think your mishit should expand more than a normal shot as well.

gschwendt
05-17-2011, 08:33 AM
That and I think your mishit should expand more than a normal shot as well.
Agreed.

psusnoop
05-17-2011, 08:36 AM
Yea there really isn't enough of a penalty for being in a trap or rough. Good stuff!

psuexv
05-17-2011, 08:37 AM
One other thing that I wish was a little better and I might have to put this in the wishlist thread but I'd like to see a better view of the hole. I remember in TW '04 (the last time I played TW) that when you were lining up your shot you were basically looking down on the hole and could gauge where you wanted to hit it.

I'm assuming they went away from this as a real golfer can't do that. But a real golfer does usually have the scorecard with the top view of the holes. And the flyby is just to painful to sit through.

psuexv
05-17-2011, 08:38 AM
Yea there really isn't enough of a penalty for being in a trap or rough. Good stuff!

yeah I get out of the 2nd cut easily. Hit a 5 wood 200 and stuck it on the green the other day from the rough.

skipwondah33
05-17-2011, 08:46 AM
The caddy feature is very annoying. I wish there was a way to turn it off

psuexv
05-17-2011, 08:47 AM

What does the disable caddie button do? I just figured you could

psuexv
05-17-2011, 08:50 AM

My problem with the caddie is it almost makes the game too easy. Now I don't really mean that you will shoot low scores but you don't have to think if you don't want to. Sometimes I find myself just mindlessly going through holes and taking his suggestions too much.

The other thing I don't understand is how he'll tell me to hit a 4 iron at 90% and it will drop in the middle of the green, with a normal choke and I custom my shot at 100% that's going directly at the hole and I hit it like 97% and it falls short of the green.

psusnoop
05-17-2011, 08:56 AM
My problem with the caddie is it almost makes the game too easy. Now I don't really mean that you will shoot low scores but you don't have to think if you don't want to. Sometimes I find myself just mindlessly going through holes and taking his suggestions too much.

The other thing I don't understand is how he'll tell me to hit a 4 iron at 90% and it will drop in the middle of the green, with a normal choke and I custom my shot at 100% that's going directly at the hole and I hit it like 97% and it falls short of the green.

I've had this problem with Custom shots before but not so much anymore. Not sure what the difference is other then I've really built up my guy and I've gotten better at looking over all the details of the shot.

I don't mind the caddie feature, I just would like to see it more in-depth. There are lots of caddies out there, but not all of them are good or great caddies. Just like to see more range from a caddie standpoint.

skipwondah33
05-17-2011, 09:11 AM
What does the disable caddie button do? I just figured you could

I don't think it fully turns the feature off though just takes his voice off.

Which is weird because the addition of the caddie has made the game much easier but for me its made it harder if that makes sense. I hate when he tells me how to hit a putt or a shot. I'd rather read that on my own but when the shot layout is in front of you it makes you think to follow that and that its correct. In previous versions soon as you got to a shot it would just automatically select the appropriate club then you could change if necessary. Now it does that and gives you the impression where the ball will land and how it will roll if you hit it correctly.

I don't know its hard to explain. Basically what you said in your last sentence is the type of stuff I'm talking about though as well.

JBHuskers
05-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Yeah the thing I hate the most about the caddie is he takes the wind out of play. Unless you mishit your shot.

psuexv
05-17-2011, 09:38 AM
yeah I agree Skip - it's hard to explain. I back and forth with it. Like I said it feels like it takes most of the work of lining up a shot away. But I do like the idea of a caddie helping out and giving "suggestions" But I don't like how he tells me exactly how my ball is going to roll. It would be nice if you stepped up and he said "Ok, looks like we're 150 yards away, playing slightly uphill so let's hit a 7 iron. Last round we came up short with the 8 iron."

psuexv
05-17-2011, 09:38 AM
Addition to the post above - and then you actually line up your shot.

psusnoop
05-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Then maybe go like, the wind is blowing left to right maybe aim right edge or something along those lines.

JBHuskers
05-17-2011, 10:16 AM
Yeah I would like the caddy to kinda tell me a spot on the course where to aim at, but not actually do the aiming for me.

psuexv
05-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Yeah I would like the caddy to kinda tell me a spot on the course where to aim at, but not actually do the aiming for me.

Yeah I thing the Caddy could be a valuable feature if tweaked a little bit. More reading the course than aiming my shot. And especially telling me what I did last time(if you can't tell I really want this feature)

psusnoop
05-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Yeah I thing the Caddy could be a valuable feature if tweaked a little bit. More reading the course than aiming my shot. And especially telling me what I did last time(if you can't tell I really want this feature)

This is exactly what I would want as well as a difference in caddie abilities (which we have to a degree now, but I'd like it a little tougher to make your caddie suggestions a little more off or better given his abilities)

psuexv
05-25-2011, 09:29 AM
The more I play this game the more I'm disappointed in it. Last night here's a couple of examples. I'm pitching onto the green from about 20 yards on the fairway. My caddy give me the option to hit my PW 98% which would be a decent shot. However his shot pattern has my ball going to the left of the hole and it was a fairly flat green so I wanted to go right at it. I switch to a custom shot and my PW will take me way over the hole. I bring it back to where I'd want it to go and I'd have to hit it 21%, which is impossible. Can't really understand how if I would have hit my PW 98% on his suggestions how it would have worked out.

My other complaint is they should have a practice putting green. I'm sick of my caddy leading me the wrong way. Countless holes he's had a good read where it's green and I focus it down to about the size of a nickel and I still miss.

skipwondah33
05-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Exactly.

I was playing lastnight and my caddy suggested that I hit a pitch 59%. I went into custom shot and moved the same club and same type shot to 59% yet the aiming circle was no where near what his suggestion was rather it was like 10 feet off.

Just wish I could remove him altogether. Then on putts he says hit it to this spot only to have the ball go wide 6 feet of the hole.

Oh and when I choose to go to custom shot why does the game place the aiming circle 50 feet of the fairway automatically? So now I have to move it back to where I want to hit it?

psuexv
05-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Exactly.

I was playing lastnight and my caddy suggested that I hit a pitch 59%. I went into custom shot and moved the same club and same type shot to 59% yet the aiming circle was no where near what his suggestion was rather it was like 10 feet off.

Just wish I could remove him altogether. Then on putts he says hit it to this spot only to have the ball go wide 6 feet of the hole.

Oh and when I choose to go to custom shot why does the game place the aiming circle 50 feet of the fairway automatically? So now I have to move it back to where I want to hit it?

Yeah the custom shot and it starts you way off the fairway is annoying as hell.

It really bothers me that they basically throw the caddy in your face but when you try to judge a custom shot off of his suggestions it's completely off.

psusnoop
05-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Yeah the custom shot and it starts you way off the fairway is annoying as hell.

It really bothers me that they basically throw the caddy in your face but when you try to judge a custom shot off of his suggestions it's completely off.

Off the tee it starts off on a straight line to the hole from the tee box, which makes no sense.

I have also learned to NOT trust my caddie on reading the greens at all really. If I question it, then I customize my shot. If I think he is right or very close, I just tweak it within his sugguested circle.

The custom shots from off the fairway are extremely sensitive for some reason. I had a choice last night from 140yds or so to hit 99% but it would have been 20ft left of the stick. No wind mind you, and a level lie. I choose same club and hit straight for the stick at 100% and I ended up a good 5-10ft short of the green and in the trap. GRRRRRR

psuexv
05-25-2011, 10:32 AM
The custom shots from off the fairway are extremely sensitive for some reason. I had a choice last night from 140yds or so to hit 99% but it would have been 20ft left of the stick. No wind mind you, and a level lie. I choose same club and hit straight for the stick at 100% and I ended up a good 5-10ft short of the green and in the trap. GRRRRRR

yeah but off the fairway you have to check your lie, if you were buried you were probably only able to hit a percentage of your power.

psuexv
05-25-2011, 10:34 AM
I have also learned to NOT trust my caddie on reading the greens at all really. If I question it, then I customize my shot. If I think he is right or very close, I just tweak it within his sugguested circle.

The problem with this is there isn't a good way to practice reading the greens. It's hard to do on the fly in the midst of a tourney.

psusnoop
05-25-2011, 11:38 AM
The problem with this is there isn't a good way to practice reading the greens. It's hard to do on the fly in the midst of a tourney.

Which brings you back to a practice green to get used to putting without said caddie and not doing it during rounds. This is something that should be in around the club tuner portion of the game. Love to see this for 2013

psusnoop
05-25-2011, 11:40 AM
yeah but off the fairway you have to check your lie, if you were buried you were probably only able to hit a percentage of your power.

I was in the fairway, so the comparison should be spot on. The only possibility that makes any sense or reasoning behind such a difference is that I was square when hitting the ball. It could have been possible but without seeing it again I'm just not sure.

psuexv
05-25-2011, 11:58 AM

I was in the fairway, so the comparison should be spot on. The only possibility that makes any sense or reasoning behind such a difference is that I was square when hitting the ball. It could have been possible but without seeing it again I'm just not sure.

You can see my confusion. :)

psusnoop
05-25-2011, 12:04 PM
You can see my confusion. :)

oops, you know I read that twice and was what the hell is he smoking when he read that....but now that you bolded it it reads exactly how you took it. My bad.

CLW
05-31-2011, 11:59 AM
So... I decided to do some trophy whoring last night. I decided to go for the Gamer Net trophy 2,500 points. I found an 18 hole/round thing that seemed easier to beat than the others and got started.

Took me multiple attempts to beat the thing MOSTLY due to the Par 3s. I'd go to the hole and hit a shot that sometimes landed inches from the hole. Then get to the green and it shows the hole in a completely different area code on the green. :smh:

After several rounds I memorized where the holes "actually" where on the green and just started firing in the general area and took down the gamer net trophy.

SmoothPancakes
05-31-2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I got that baby taken down just this past weekend. Did three 9 hole showdowns and was all set.

And my god does the caddy suck ass on Augusta. I have gold mastery for Augusta National, and yet when I was doing the Tiger Woods Holes 7-13 Masters Moment, and the back 9 Masters Moment (can't remember who the golfer for that one is), damn near every shot, I was doing custom on because the caddy was absolutely worthless and apparently had his head up his ass the entire time, never giving me any advice whatsoever.

NatureBoy
06-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Is there any way at all to skip through the opening video and all the other stuff at the start of the game? I hate to sit through all of that everytime I want to play the game.

cdj
06-06-2011, 10:35 AM
I just hit A/X or Start and it goes right through. The game won't let you do that?

JBHuskers
06-06-2011, 10:36 AM
What is driving me nuts is the caddy which takes the wind totally out of play.

SmoothPancakes
06-06-2011, 10:50 AM
What is driving me nuts is the caddy is absolutely worthless. Playing a tournament at TPC San Antonio, which I already had gold mastery from an earlier tournament, and every, single, shot and putt, is custom because that dumbass has absolutely no clue what kind of shot to suggest. This course mastery crap is stupid as hell. The caddy gives me better suggestions, and suggestions regularly on shots and putts with no mastery or bronze level mastery, than he ever does on gold mastery. What is the point?

And tell the developers next year to tune down the damn rain! 7 straight flipping rounds of NOTHING but rain! This is absolutely stupid! Just because it is able to rain in the game doesn't mean it has to rain every damn round! The way they have this rain set up every freaking round of every freaking tournament, it'd be like the game forcing you to play in the fog every single time you have a night game in NCAA 12. The rain is nice, now and then, but this is just plain damn annoying now.

psuexv
06-06-2011, 10:52 AM
And tell the developers next year to tune down the damn rain! 7 straight flipping rounds of NOTHING but rain! This is absolutely stupid! Just because it is able to rain in the game doesn't mean it has to rain every damn round! The way they have this rain set up every freaking round of every freaking tournament, it'd be like the game forcing you to play in the fog every single time you have a night game in NCAA 12. The rain is nice, now and then, but this is just plain damn annoying now.

In your settings change it to Live Weather.

psuexv
06-06-2011, 10:53 AM
What is driving me nuts is the caddy is absolutely worthless. Playing a tournament at TPC San Antonio, which I already had gold mastery from an earlier tournament, and every, single, shot and putt, is custom because that dumbass has absolutely no clue what kind of shot to suggest. This course mastery crap is stupid as hell. The caddy gives me better suggestions, and suggestions regularly on shots and putts with no mastery or bronze level mastery, than he ever does on gold mastery. What is the point?

I've noticed this too, when playing a tourney if I level up on course mastery it seems like he gives worse selections the next round

psuexv
06-06-2011, 10:57 AM
I've complained about this multiple times but I have a question on it. Many, many times the caddy will tell me to hit it like 93% or something and I hit it say 96% and it comes up way short. I'm wondering it this is maybe considered a mishit and that's the reason. Anyone have any thoughts?

SmoothPancakes
06-06-2011, 10:59 AM
In your settings change it to Live Weather.

Well, I forget what my weather settings are set to, but unfortunately it'll have to wait until I can get through to the end of this current season.

I've noticed this too, when playing a tourney if I level up on course mastery it seems like he gives worse selections the next round

Yeah, it's really annoying. I can play a course for the first time ever in the game, and every single shot and putt, the caddy will give me a suggestion that's dead on where I want to go. I hit gold mastery, suddenly the caddy has no clue what he's doing and never has a suggestion for a shot or putt. I thought the caddy was supposed to suck at first and then get better as he got higher lever mastery on a course? Instead it's going backwards, he gets worse.

psuexv
06-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Well, I forget what my weather settings are set to, but unfortunately it'll have to wait until I can get through to the end of this current season.

I think you should be able to change it midseason, just like difficulty

JBHuskers
06-06-2011, 11:09 AM
I've complained about this multiple times but I have a question on it. Many, many times the caddy will tell me to hit it like 93% or something and I hit it say 96% and it comes up way short. I'm wondering it this is maybe considered a mishit and that's the reason. Anyone have any thoughts?

Yeah it would be a mishit. Or if you don't hit the right %, there is a chance you're not landing in the prime landing spot for a good bounce also.

SmoothPancakes
06-06-2011, 11:09 AM
I think you should be able to change it midseason, just like difficulty

I just looked through all the settings, I didn't see anything that had something to do with weather as an option.

psuexv
06-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Yeah it would be a mishit. Or if you don't hit the right %, there is a chance you're not landing in the prime landing spot for a good bounce also.

Ok, that makes some sense.

NatureBoy
06-06-2011, 11:02 PM
I just hit A/X or Start and it goes right through. The game won't let you do that? Nah, I tried that it it won't let me bypass it. Does that work for everyone else?

gschwendt
06-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Nah, I tried that it it won't let me bypass it. Does that work for everyone else?
You're talking about the jim nantz voice over video? Yeah I haven't watched it since launch.

JBHuskers
06-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Nah, I tried that it it won't let me bypass it. Does that work for everyone else?

This is popping up automatically for you?

NatureBoy
06-07-2011, 07:45 AM
This is popping up automatically for you? Yeah, the whole jim nantz video plus the Tiger at The Masters opening. It's to the point where I don't want to play the game anymore because I have to sit through all of this every single time.

JBHuskers
06-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Yeah, the whole jim nantz video plus the Tiger at The Masters opening. It's to the point where I don't want to play the game anymore because I have to sit through all of this every single time.

I'll see if the guys have heard about this issue, because that is the first I have.

JBHuskers
06-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Yeah, the whole jim nantz video plus the Tiger at The Masters opening. It's to the point where I don't want to play the game anymore because I have to sit through all of this every single time.

Have you created a golfer and saved him yet?

NatureBoy
06-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Have you created a golfer and saved him yet? No, I never mess around with the create a golfer mode. Just play now.

JBHuskers
06-07-2011, 10:30 AM
No, I never mess around with the create a golfer mode. Just play now.

Just create one quick and go through that one time, make sure you save your profile, and that should take care of your problem.

NatureBoy
06-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Just create one quick and go through that one time, make sure you save your profile, and that should take care of your problem.Thanks JB, I will give it a shot.

JBHuskers
06-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks JB, I will give it a shot.

Let me know if that works for you.

psusnoop
06-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Holy cow, I'm trying to complete a sponsor challenge and it is brutal.

I need back to back eagles on par 5's at the mediterranean open and since there is only 3 of them it is tough. Been trying for 2 days and I'm getting frustrated lol.

SmoothPancakes
06-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Mediterranean Open, which course is that again?

psusnoop
06-07-2011, 10:16 PM
You'd think I would know it by heart already but in guessing costa navarino.

SmoothPancakes
06-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Either Tiger Woods is a cheating bastard (on the golf course, we all know about the home life :P) or I just got massively glitched. I'm playing the third round of The Northern Classic at Whistling Straights, first FedEx Cup tournament. And I'm currently in a battle with Tiger Woods for the #1 ranking. He was sitting at 9 under after two rounds, pretty good, though I had been better. Now on our second hole of the third round, the game is screwing up on the leaderboard. It says Tiger has already played all 18 holes, with a 0 recorded for his score, so the game gave him a -72 on the round, putting him at -81 on the leaderboard. :( There ain't no way in hell I can even get close to that.

SmoothPancakes
06-08-2011, 11:31 PM
I still have no clue what the issue is/was. I dashboarded out. I cleared my cache. I turned off my Xbox for 15 minutes and restarted. I tried restarting the round 5 times and it still happened every time. Ultimately, I simulated the third round and was able to advance with Tiger having a normal score, but now it's the exact same issue in the 4th round. And since it's the fourth round, I can't just simply simulate it, meaning no matter what I do, I have no chance of winning the tournament, I have no chance of finishing better than Tiger, and I have no chance of overtaking Tiger for the #1 ranking. :(

If this is going to become a constant problem in every future tournament, at least through the end of the Ryder Cup, this is going to completely ruin and kill the game for me. I'm not going to completely restart over on EVERYTHING with a new golfer and whatnot, after all the work I have put into leveling up my stats, completing sponsor goals, sponsor challenges, completing/unlocking pins, course mastery, etc., while working towards 1000 gamerscore for this game.

While I wouldn't sell the game due to the TGA (Nat needs someone to golf with since we're the only 360 guys), I essentially would be retiring completely (beside TGA tournaments) from Tiger 12 and it would get shoved into the back of my game collection.

Edit - I don't know if I'm on the right track to figuring out my problem or not. But could I be running into some issue in the coding in regards to player pairings in the tournament? Since I'm battling Tiger for the #1 ranking, Tiger and myself are playing together in the tournament. However, in the 3rd and 4th rounds, since I was in first place on the leaderboard, and Dustin Johnson was in second, we normally should have been paired up together.

Playing the fourth round, and accepting the loss via an -84 finish by Tiger since I have no choice, I notice myself and Dustin Johnson are both currently thru hole 5, as would be normal like any other tournament, and Tiger would either already be completely done with his round or close to the finish (the leaderboard showed Tiger being thru hole 17 when I was teeing off on hole 1), which the game shows him as being completed with his round. However, in reality, he is actually on the course with me due to our #1 ranking battle. The game updated his round score to a 4 after we completed the first hole (which he was thru 17 with the 18th still to play when I first started the round) but stopped updating after only the first hole.

So it's making me want to believe that when it comes to your battle with Tiger for the #1 ranking, there is some massive glitch in the coding or something that I just discovered, as the leaderboard numbers are going to end up massively screwed up unless both you and Tiger are in first and second place going into the 3rd and 4th rounds of the tournament you're playing.

JBHuskers
06-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Took me long enough, but I FINALLY got my first ace of Tiger 12.

psusnoop
06-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Nice, I finally beat that sponsor event last night I'm stoked.

Congrats on your ace, I'm sitting at 2.

JBHuskers
06-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Nice, I finally beat that sponsor event last night I'm stoked.

Congrats on your ace, I'm sitting at 2.

Thanks! I dunno what it is but in 11 and 12, I'm just not hitting many aces at all, and if I want a platinum in Tiger 12, I need 24 more :smh:

JBHuskers
06-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Thanks! I dunno what it is but in 11 and 12, I'm just not hitting many aces at all, and if I want a platinum in Tiger 12, I need 24 more :smh:

But...I'm not bitching...I absolutely LOVE that the trophies are tough to get this year...makes me more motivated to play career to get those 25 aces and #1 for 281 straight weeks.

psusnoop
06-11-2011, 08:06 PM
I have never tried to get platinum but I think I'm going to for this and all others now lol.

SmoothPancakes
06-11-2011, 09:12 PM
I've getting close to 1000G in Tiger. I just need to get the prototype clubs, win a major with level 4 sponsorships, the 281 weeks, the 2005 historic masters event, win 7 Masters and get all the pins. I've currently got 9 aces, which 3 of those came in one day back on Wednesday, when I hit all three aces within 5 rounds of golf. Finish off the 10 and 25 aces pins, unlock the prototypes, and master the final two Masters Moments (already completed them, just haven't mastered them), and I'll have the pins done.

psuexv
06-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Prime example at the awesome caddy suggestions... Apparently I'm skipping stones in the water :D

http://tapatalk.com/mu/0cb6769f-2af4-c744.jpg

SmoothPancakes
06-11-2011, 11:11 PM
That is funny! :D Seriously, they really need to work on the caddy for next year. Besides the caddy never having ANY suggestion 50% of the time, even when playing on a course that you have gold mastery on (my caddy, at least, seems to get WORSE and have fewer and fewer suggestions as you proceed through the course mastery levels), some of the suggestions are just stupid. One suggestion, I shit you not (and wish I had thought to take a picture at the time like you did psu), the caddy had me hitting my ball so it bounced off a freaking tree just to make it onto the green. I felt like Happy Gilmore.

JBHuskers
06-11-2011, 11:45 PM
That is funny! :D Seriously, they really need to work on the caddy for next year. Besides the caddy never having ANY suggestion 50% of the time, even when playing on a course that you have gold mastery on (my caddy, at least, seems to get WORSE and have fewer and fewer suggestions as you proceed through the course mastery levels), some of the suggestions are just stupid. One suggestion, I shit you not (and wish I had thought to take a picture at the time like you did psu), the caddy had me hitting my ball so it bounced off a freaking tree just to make it onto the green. I felt like Happy Gilmore.

Trust me.... they know bout caddies for 13. :) when I get home... or someone else start a caddy improvement thread please.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2011, 12:50 AM
Trust me.... they know bout caddies for 13. :) when I get home... or someone else start a caddy improvement thread please.

I can probably go ahead and get one whipped up for you. Also, are you still involved with the developers for Tiger or was that just in the past? If you are, can you pass along word to the devs about that issue I ran into regarding battling Tiger for the #1 ranking?

After doing some searching on the web, it appears a lot of people have been plagued by that issue. It's not a problem if you're playing just one round tournaments, but when playing two and four rounds (not sure, but I would assume it's also an issue for three rounders), if you and Tiger Woods aren't matched exactly on score going into the second, or third (if playing a four round tournament), round, the game code has a heart attack and Tiger ends up with a -72 for that round, because the game has him playing his round ahead of you like he normally would based on pairings, but then it doesn't actually record an actual round score for Tiger because it recognizes that he's on the course with you.

Like in my case, as example, when I started the round, Tiger was showing up on the leaderboard as being through the 17th hole, while I (and him) were officially starting out on the 1st hole. Tiger was sitting at -84, with a 0 as his score for the round. We played the first hole, he ended up with par. At the leaderboard after that hole, the game now showed him as being thru 18, thus done, and with a 4 for his official score for the round, which it stayed at 4 the entire round as the game recognized him as being done and off the course based on it having him playing before me since he was officially lower down the leaderboard than I was.

It's basically only an issue when specifically battling Tiger for the #1 ranking in the tournament. You still actually get the #1 ranking after you complete the tournament, even after being bent over like a waitress by Tiger. ;) But the issue for me is, that I am playing to try and compete and win these tournaments. If I lose the tournament because I was beat by another golfer on skill, that's fine. But when the game code is having a heart attack and Tiger ends up with -80 or more, that just pisses me off. Beat me fair and square, I am fine with. But being forced to automatically forfeit a tournament because the game screwed up and gave Tiger a score that impossible to ever achieve, that is a major issue and problem for me.

JBHuskers
06-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I'm still involved with the developers. The community day last year was in October.

JBHuskers
06-12-2011, 12:58 PM
SP, I passed your problem along.

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2011, 04:37 PM
SP, I passed your problem along.

Thank you so much JB! Like I said, it's only an issue when battling Tiger for #1, but when you're trying to compete and win the tournament and then that happens, it definitely kills the fun, at least for that tournament. Not sure how simple it will be for the team to sort out the problem and get it fixed for Tiger 13, but glad to hear that they do at least know about it now and hopefully there is something they can do to fix it. :)

Nothingface
06-13-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm thinking of getting Tiger Woods 12. What's the learning curve for that game for a novice?

JBHuskers
06-13-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm thinking of getting Tiger Woods 12. What's the learning curve for that game for a novice?

Check the random video game thread :D your answers are there.

psuexv
06-13-2011, 12:35 PM

Check the random video game thread :D your answers are there.

Anyone ever have Deja Vue?

Nothingface
06-13-2011, 12:39 PM
lol i wanted quick answers and i got them! I'm on my way soon to pick it up. Ill play anything to pass time for ncaa 12.

Nothingface
06-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Oh and Thank You!

Nothingface
06-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Got it for $35 at gamestop.

JBHuskers
06-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Got it for $35 at gamestop.

:up:

If you want to join the league, there are only two 360 guys in it so they'd appreciate it whenever and if you want to jump in!

SmoothPancakes
06-13-2011, 10:15 PM
:up:

If you want to join the league, there are only two 360 guys in it so they'd appreciate it whenever and if you want to jump in!

Agreed! I mentioned something about it in the Video Games forum thread Nothingface posted in about TW12 as well. Myself and Nat are always open to more people joining us on the course. We had Romo join us last week for the first two rounds of the Masters and it was a lot of fun having three of us going at it.

psusnoop
06-14-2011, 06:25 AM
Agreed! I mentioned something about it in the Video Games forum thread Nothingface posted in about TW12 as well. Myself and Nat are always open to more people joining us on the course. We had Romo join us last week for the first two rounds of the Masters and it was a lot of fun having three of us going at it.

:smh:
:fp:

JBHuskers
06-14-2011, 02:07 PM
:D

SmoothPancakes
06-16-2011, 06:59 AM
Man I am streaky as hell when it comes to aces. I hit randomly 6 aces over the first two months I had the game (half of them probably came from the Par 3 course at Augusta National). Then two weeks ago, I hit 3 aces in a single day to up my total to 9. Two weeks of nothing. Then yesterday, I hit two aces in less than an hour to up my total to 11 (and gain the 10 aces pin). Just need 14 more aces and I'll have the 25 aces pin.

psusnoop
06-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Man I am streaky as hell when it comes to aces. I hit randomly 6 aces over the first two months I had the game (half of them probably came from the Par 3 course at Augusta National). Then two weeks ago, I hit 3 aces in a single day to up my total to 9. Two weeks of nothing. Then yesterday, I hit two aces in less than an hour to up my total to 11 (and gain the 10 aces pin). Just need 14 more aces and I'll have the 25 aces pin.

Damn I'm stuck at 2 for some reason right now. I'm currently into my Nike Sponsor level 3 right now. I only need to get the hole in one and I'll have all of those completed which will be sweet.

SmoothPancakes
06-16-2011, 08:34 AM
Damn I'm stuck at 2 for some reason right now. I'm currently into my Nike Sponsor level 3 right now. I only need to get the hole in one and I'll have all of those completed which will be sweet.

Yeah, a lot of my aces have been complete and total luck. The two I hit yesterday, both of them, I used too much power than what my caddy was recommending, and was a little off center on my swing. Got a kind bounce on the green when the ball finally came back down, and roll straight into the cup, instead of 5-10 feet to the side or front of the cup like my caddy was recommending.

JBHuskers
06-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Took me FOREVER to get my first ace. For some reason in 11 and 12 I am not hitting them, but had almost a dozen in 10.

SmoothPancakes
06-17-2011, 03:02 AM
Oh yeah! Just sank ace number 12 on the par 3 5th hole at Costa Navarino. Landed on the green a couple yards short of the pin and slowly rolled it's way into the cup.

Damn! And on hole number 6, a short ass 280 yard par 4 that you have to suck to not be able to reach the green in one, I just came up 5 feet short of a potential back to back ace. :(

Damnit all!!! Hole 8, another par 3, I just came up 7 inches short of yet another ace. :( :( :(

Edit: Holy crap, apparently Costa Navarino is a harder course that I thought. While I won the tournament with ease (thanks to that ace and my two near aces), out of 128 people in the Mediterranean Open in my game, only 12 of us finished even par or better.

SmoothPancakes
06-17-2011, 06:12 AM
Prime example at the awesome caddy suggestions... Apparently I'm skipping stones in the water :D

*pic*

Nowhere near as good as psuexv's pond skipping caddy suggestion, but just some funny ones I've seen today.

I know they say you should aim for the flag stick, but I didn't know they meant it like that. :D

And looking at it now rather than earlier on my phone, it doesn't necessarily look like it in the picture from the angle I was looking at the shot from, but the ball trail does in fact have it bouncing off the flag stick and landing on the green at a 90 degree angle from the angle that it comes onto the green from the fairway.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/0617010356a.jpg

And screw leapfrog, anyone up for a game of leapbunker?

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/0617010651.jpg

gschwendt
06-17-2011, 07:45 AM
Yeah, the caddy uses only possibility, not probability.

psusnoop
06-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Yeah, the caddy uses only possibility, not probability.

+1

The caddy is just a reference and I tend to alter my swing and or percentages based off his information. When he is completely off the mark I use Custom shot but I hesitate with that at times because of the "factors" in the game.

SmoothPancakes
06-17-2011, 08:11 AM
I actually almost ended up getting that flagstick bounce. :D

I tried my best to hit 92% while being dead on balls accurate. Ended up straight line center, but hit with 94% power. Still got the high as hell bounce as is seen in the picture, and almost pegged the flagstick just like the line from my caddy showed, only it ended up passing just barely to the side of the flagstick instead of hitting it. I was rather sad, I wanted to see it hit.

SmoothPancakes
06-19-2011, 07:46 AM
Dear god. I think this past 36 hours has been the best ever in my entire history with the Tiger Woods golf series. Since midnight EDT Saturday morning, I have now sunk five aces. I hit two Saturday morning while playing for a couple hours before I had to leave to go do my morning show. Then in the past five hours alone, I have claimed three more aces, to bring my total for Tiger 12 up to 17 aces so far.

The first one this morning came during a very nice little sponsor challenge on Waialae CC where I had to hit GIR for all four Par 3s and finish 1 under. Very first par 3 hole, dropped it about 10 feet short of the hole and it rolled right in. Didn't get a single thing in the Worldwide Classic at Pinehurst No. 2. Second ace came on TPC Scottsdale in the Southwestern Cup on the second Par 3 on the course. Hit a little bit long, thankfully the cup was on a slope and the ball rolled straight back and into the cup. And then at the very beginning of the Georgia State Cup at East Lake GC, the first par 3 on hole 2, my caddy recommended a 92% shot, I hit it 94%, the ball came down just in front of the cup and went straight into the cup off of the bounce, with an assist by the flagstick.

I swear I'm the luckiest son of a bitch when it comes to these par 3s. :D Every single one of my last six aces that I've hit since the middle of last week, a tiny misdirection on a bounce or a little bit more side to side movement on the green, and I end up not getting a single hole in one. However, I am certainly not complaining. Now instead of being 13 aces away from getting the 25 aces pin (one of only three more pins I need to get the all pins achievement), I only need 8 more aces.

SmoothPancakes
06-20-2011, 08:02 AM
F&@# you you stupid goddamn worthless ass caddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::b ang::bang::bang::bang:http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/e133152.gifhttp://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/e133153.gif

psuexv
06-20-2011, 08:20 AM
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/e133153.gif

+1 and we need this smiley

JBHuskers
06-20-2011, 08:38 AM
Got my 2nd ace last night doing a Masters Moment.

JBHuskers
06-22-2011, 12:59 AM
I just started to try to master the double eagle and 30 mins later I GOT IT!

I just need the chip in and the Phil one to get all of them mastered.

SmoothPancakes
06-22-2011, 01:45 AM
I tried for over two f'ing hour on that damn double eagle moment. That's the ONLY one that I have left to master. I master that moment and get 8 more holes in one to hit 25, I have every single pin unlocked and I get the pin collector achievement.

JBHuskers
06-22-2011, 02:06 AM
I tried for over two f'ing hour on that damn double eagle moment. That's the ONLY one that I have left to master. I master that moment and get 8 more holes in one to hit 25, I have every single pin unlocked and I get the pin collector achievement.

I tried Phil's for about 30 mins and gave up for the night....thought I had a good combination of hitting the 3 wood off the sand and rolling it up....came like 6 feet away, but you need 4 :smh:

psusnoop
06-22-2011, 07:28 AM
I have been trying to unlock all the prototype clubs and I should have that very soon. Need to win Masters with Nike Ball and Clubs. I also need a hole in one yet. Hoping to get that all done in the week of the masters. I'm starting a new season and I have been ranked #1 for 213 weeks LOL (started playing 1 round last season just to get through this part).

Then I have to finish up master moments I have 4 of the 9 done (the easiest ones so far). I do only have 32 of the 44 pins unlocked so that is going to take me a little bit of work to get done to.

Smooth how in the world did you complete the Top 10 Online finish? Maybe I'm missing something somewhere but I get drilled in this area. I have tried twice but haven't even sniffed the top 50 yet in a tourney. How does the ties work for an online tourney?

JBHuskers
06-22-2011, 09:20 AM
My problem with prototypes is I started wtih Nike and am going to work backwards.

What are you talking about on online top 10 Snoop? There are pins for playing and winning 10 online games.

(speaking of which we need to whore these some time)

SmoothPancakes
06-22-2011, 09:25 AM
I have been trying to unlock all the prototype clubs and I should have that very soon. Need to win Masters with Nike Ball and Clubs. I also need a hole in one yet. Hoping to get that all done in the week of the masters. I'm starting a new season and I have been ranked #1 for 213 weeks LOL (started playing 1 round last season just to get through this part).

Then I have to finish up master moments I have 4 of the 9 done (the easiest ones so far). I do only have 32 of the 44 pins unlocked so that is going to take me a little bit of work to get done to.

Smooth how in the world did you complete the Top 10 Online finish? Maybe I'm missing something somewhere but I get drilled in this area. I have tried twice but haven't even sniffed the top 50 yet in a tourney. How does the ties work for an online tourney?

My problem with prototypes is I started wtih Nike and am going to work backwards.

What are you talking about on online top 10 Snoop? There are pins for playing and winning 10 online games.

(speaking of which we need to whore these some time)

Yeah, it's for playing and winning 10 online games. I have a friend who plays TW12 now and then, so we like to go head to head in some rounds, as well as play some mini-games and such. That was actually a pin that I knocked out probably within a month of the game coming out.

JBHuskers
06-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Yeah 3-hole mini games would work to whore those trophies out.

I think last year there was a trophy for top 50 in a Live Tourney. As long as you played early enough, it was easy to get because you didn't have to finish the day in the top 50, you just had to be in the top 50 when you played.

psusnoop
06-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Yeah 3-hole mini games would work to whore those trophies out.

I think last year there was a trophy for top 50 in a Live Tourney. As long as you played early enough, it was easy to get because you didn't have to finish the day in the top 50, you just had to be in the top 50 when you played.

I'm really going to start pushing (like I haven't been) to get this all done before I get NCAA 12. Once I get that, all other games will be in trouble for a very long time.

JBHuskers
06-22-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm really going to start pushing (like I haven't been) to get this all done before I get NCAA 12. Once I get that, all other games will be in trouble for a very long time.

I know it's going to take me a long time....I'm still 23 aces short.

skipwondah33
06-22-2011, 10:15 AM
About the only thing I wanted to do was reach level 4 on my Nike sponser. I may one day do the Master moments. I know I did Phil's a while back just messing around. Was able to do it but I didn't master it I don't think.

psusnoop
06-22-2011, 10:17 AM
I know it's going to take me a long time....I'm still 23 aces short.

Yea me too, that could be the buzz killer for me reaching before NCAA drops.

psuexv
06-22-2011, 10:23 AM
About the only thing I wanted to do was reach level 4 on my Nike sponser. I may one day do the Master moments. I know I did Phil's a while back just messing around. Was able to do it but I didn't master it I don't think.

I passed them all but have only mastered one or two.

psusnoop
06-22-2011, 10:36 AM
I passed them all but have only mastered one or two.

weak :nod:

psuexv
06-22-2011, 10:47 AM
weak :nod:

yeah I only ran through them once. Need to put some more time in

JBHuskers
06-22-2011, 11:24 AM
yeah I only ran through them once. Need to put some more time in

Yeah the double eagle took me 30 mins to master....the chip probably 15, both on amateur. Phil's shot I just can't get the right mix to consistantly get close. Thank god you don't have to hole that fucker out.

psusnoop
06-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Yeah the double eagle took me 30 mins to master....the chip probably 15, both on amateur. Phil's shot I just can't get the right mix to consistantly get close. Thank god you don't have to hole that fucker out.

Hmm maybe I should try on amateur I have been doing this all on tour pro.

JBHuskers
06-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Hmm maybe I should try on amateur I have been doing this all on tour pro.

Oh god yes....

That's the only way you're going to be able to platinum this game without a) pulling your hair out b) murdering your controller c) murdering someone else.

SmoothPancakes
06-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Oh god yes....

That's the only way you're going to be able to platinum this game without a) pulling your hair out b) murdering your controller c) murdering someone else.

I tried on amateur for an hour, probably even two, trying to get that double eagle, and I still can't get it. :( I have come close loads of times, getting within a foot or two, but that's about once every 20 tries it seems.

JBHuskers
06-22-2011, 01:18 PM
I tried on amateur for an hour, probably even two, trying to get that double eagle, and I still can't get it. :( I have come close loads of times, getting within a foot or two, but that's about once every 20 tries it seems.

The key is to land it short and use spin to roll it to the pin. There is no way in hell you're going to be able to get backspin to work to your advantage.

SmoothPancakes
06-22-2011, 01:23 PM
The key is to land it short and use spin to roll it to the pin. There is no way in hell you're going to be able to get backspin to work to your advantage.

Oh trust me, I've learned that well in my many tries. :D I try to keep it short, but I either end up too short and hit the side of the ridge and roll into the water, or do make it onto the green, but even with tons of spin, it doesn't make it far enough to the hole. Or else I do drop it on the green short, but then it rolls just barely to the side of the hole. I can't even begin to count the times the ball has spun off to the side, missing the hole by less than a foot to the left or right of the hole. :fp:

JBHuskers
06-24-2011, 10:17 PM
YES!!!! Mastered all of the Masters Moments!

skipwondah33
06-25-2011, 12:58 AM
lol I finally started that up. Mastered two so far.

JBHuskers
06-25-2011, 02:23 PM
lol I finally started that up. Mastered two so far.

Everyone is having a hard time with the double eagle. I got that in about 30 mins....getting Phil's 2009 shot from the pine straw from 200+ out 4 feet from the cup was the one that took me the longest....I probably put in a good couple hours into it...I hit the pin a couple times but it would bounce beyond 4 feet .... but FINALLY nailed it 11 inches from the hole last night. There's not a trophy for it, but it's a pin.

Nothingface
06-29-2011, 08:55 AM
I forgot i even bought this game.

psuexv
07-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Ok, here's on of my big gripes about the game. This isn't exactly what happened, but I tried to recreate it and it's close.

So Par 3, no wind really and the caddy give me this shot. There's a bunker right off of the green in the lower right hand corner.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/IMG_0306.jpg

So with little wind I figured I would try and go right at the pin and use draw to see if I can get it closer so I line my shot up like this

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/IMG_0307.jpg

So I hit it dead online, I did miss the percentage and only hit it 99% and it splashes way short and in the front of the bunker.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/IMG_0308.jpg

I don't understand how the shot was off so much. I understand my ratings aren't very high but when you hit it deadon you shouldn't miss like this.

Actually in my 1st attempt at this hole that had me livid and made me redo it to show I actually hit it 100% and it ended up to the right of the bunker.

skipwondah33
07-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Anyone else notice that if your caddy doesn't suggest it then you can't use it?

What I mean by that is in the past if you were just off the green in the fringe.. you could use your putter if you wanted to try putting it. Of course every shot back then was a custom shot but now you cant use your putter unless your caddy suggested it in one of his shots.

psuexv
07-18-2011, 08:30 AM
That actually makes a lot of sense Skip.. I noticed this the other day when playing our TGA rounds and was bitching to Snoop that I couldn't putt from the fringe. If I customized I should be able to do whatever shot I like.

psusnoop
07-18-2011, 09:13 AM
That actually makes a lot of sense Skip.. I noticed this the other day when playing our TGA rounds and was bitching to Snoop that I couldn't putt from the fringe. If I customized I should be able to do whatever shot I like.

Completely agree with this. I was shocked you couldn't putt that. You were just on the fringe and it looked rather straight forward on everything. Not much break, not much incline, not much fringe.

psuexv
08-18-2011, 02:40 PM
Finished the US Open last night in a tie for 1st and we didn't go to a playoff :dunno: I got credit for winning... but that seemed dumb that we didn't do a playoff.

SmoothPancakes
08-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Yeah, that's an issue a couple of us have come across. I ended up in a tie for a tournament my first year, and I was instantly awarded the win. Hopefully whatever wish lists for Tiger 13 that have been passed along the the developers, have all included having a playoff for ties at the end of tournaments.

psusnoop
08-19-2011, 07:54 AM
Yeah, that's an issue a couple of us have come across. I ended up in a tie for a tournament my first year, and I was instantly awarded the win. Hopefully whatever wish lists for Tiger 13 that have been passed along the the developers, have all included having a playoff for ties at the end of tournaments.

:+1:

I completely agree, and while mentioning it it should also show the other golfer/s with you hitting their shots as well.

psuexv
08-19-2011, 08:54 AM

Funny thing is. I was doing the sponsor challenge for Royal Melbourne last night where you have to putt against Rhyes Davies. We split the first round and went to a sudden death putt off :D

SmoothPancakes
08-19-2011, 01:24 PM
:+1:

I completely agree, and while mentioning it it should also show the other golfer/s with you hitting their shots as well.

Agreed. I'd also love to see them include an option to play your rounds each tournament with your playing partner and having it show him hitting his shots, just like it plays out when you battle Tiger Woods for the #1 ranking. Make it an option to turn on or off so people who don't want it don't have to play with it. But I'd like to try it. Might make things even longer on the course, but it'd add a nice little bit of realism to the game. And the base code for it would be there, since they already have it coded to have you watch Tiger make his shots during the #1 battle.

Funny thing is. I was doing the sponsor challenge for Royal Melbourne last night where you have to putt against Rhyes Davies. We split the first round and went to a sudden death putt off :D

Yeah, I've had that a couple times on sponsor challenges. We don't have any playoffs in the actual tournaments, but we have sudden deaths in sponsor challenges. :D

skipwondah33
08-19-2011, 01:31 PM
I remember the days when you had to watch each person hit their shot. It would take almost two hours just to complete one round. Easily could spend 5 hours or so playing golf, but it was cool because atleast 4 people were always playing. Thought it was the coolest thing in the world when you could simultaneously play in a group.

SmoothPancakes
08-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Yeah, it would definitely take a long time, but it can be a lot of fun to watch them hit their shots and try to hit a better shot or watch them make a putt for birdie or something and try to match or beat them, etc. It just adds to the realism and adds to the challenge, seeing exactly what they do and knowing what you have to do.

psuexv
08-19-2011, 02:38 PM
I remember the days when you had to watch each person hit their shot. It would take almost two hours just to complete one round. Easily could spend 5 hours or so playing golf, but it was cool because atleast 4 people were always playing. Thought it was the coolest thing in the world when you could simultaneously play in a group.

You can actually do this I believe now. When you are setting up an online match you don't pick simultaneous play. I actually suggested doing this for the last round of the Tour Championship.

psusnoop
08-22-2011, 06:15 AM
That isn't a bad idea. The pressure on each shot would be really fun.

JBHuskers
08-23-2011, 01:22 AM
Ace #7 of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12. Only 18 more to go for that hardest pin in the case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ky0-IbrIX0

SmoothPancakes
02-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Started getting back into Tiger Woods 12 over the past couple weeks after not playing it since October. Just hit Ace #18 on the 7th hole at TPC Scottsdale. Only 7 more to go for that 25 Aces pin.