PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters DLC & Pricing

cdj
03-29-2011, 12:01 PM
http://thegamingtailgate.com/images/TW12/TigerPresidentsCup.jpg

The full Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters DLC offering has been posted on the XBL Marketplace and will be posted on the PlayStation Store when updated this afternoon.

It appears that all DLC courses will be available for purchase at the release of the game. Currently listed in the store are two large course packs and also individual courses. This is a good move for fans as DLC courses can be used within the game's career mode for the first time.

Bethpage Black (360) and Turnberry (PS3) - EB Games/GameStop pre-order incentives - are not listed for purchase. The Amazon pre-order incentive (Georgia Putter) is also not shown in the store. There is currently no word if these will be available for purchase at a later date.

DLC and price listing (MS Points):

Eagle Pack (2800): The Els Club, Banff Springs, Emerald Dragon (Fantasy), Sheshan, Oakmont CC, Pinehurst No. 2, Riviera CC, Hazeltine, Wolf Creek, Torrey Pines, Blackwolf Run - River Course, Spyglass Hill, and Greek Isles (Fantasy).

Birdie Pack (1200): Harbour Town, Predator (Fantasy), Highlands (Fantasy), TPC Blue Monster at Doral, and TPC Boston.

Banff Springs Golf Course (320)

The Els Club (560)

Emerald Dragon (320)

Greek Isles (560)

Harbour Town Golf Links (320)

Hazeltine National Golf Club (320)

The Highlands (320)

Oakmont Country Club (320)

Pinehurst No. 2 (320)

The Predator (320)

River Course at Blackwolf Run (320)

Riviera CC Golf Course (320)

Sheshan Golf Club (320)

Spyglass Hill Golf Course (320)

TPC Boston (320)

The TPC Blue Monster at Doral (320)

Torrey Pines Golf Course (320)

Wolf Creek, NV (320)

CLW
03-29-2011, 12:06 PM
O.K. I'm confused which courses of these do I have if I keep my collector's edition? / Which courses would I need to buy to get all of the courses?

Also any word on how much this will cost. I am not familiar with the 360/PS3 conversion rate.

gigemaggs99
03-29-2011, 12:15 PM
O.K. I'm confused which courses of these do I have if I keep my collector's edition? / Which courses would I need to buy to get all of the courses?

Also any word on how much this will cost. I am not familiar with the 360/PS3 conversion rate.

Collectors Edition loading now. The cover says, "includes Masters + 19 extra courses"

EDIT: Loaded up, so far now seeing where it applies the XP points I earned from the demo...just getting into it though.

Also came with a coupon for a free 1 year subscription to Golf Digets or Golf World.

EDIT: found it, there is an option to import XP points.....not sure when I press the Triangle to "import XP" it tells me know Tiger Woods 11 Data found.... I thought it would give me points from the demo, not Tiger Woods 11.

EDIT: it noticed I've completed the first leg via the demo, still no XP points applied though.

Set up my bag to match real life, took out the 5W and added a 3rd wedge, AW, SW, LW. :-)

I put my golfer on TOUR PRO and switched the swing stick to the Right-Analog. Pounding the Drifver at the range, feels good, hard to hit it pure, I like it!

cdj
03-29-2011, 12:16 PM

I believe these are the conversions, but don't quote me.

2800 = $35
1200 = $15
560 = $7
320 = $4

I'm not finding confirmation on what the extra courses came in the CE.

JBHuskers
03-29-2011, 12:42 PM
5 bonus Collectors Edition Courses are:

1. Harbour Town
2. TPC Blue Monster at Doral
3. TPC Boston
4. Highlands (Fantasy Course)
5. Predator (Fantasy Course)

Which is the Birdie Pack...

CLW
03-29-2011, 12:48 PM
5 bonus Collectors Edition Courses are:

1. Harbour Town
2. TPC Blue Monster at Doral
3. TPC Boston
4. Highlands (Fantasy Course)
5. Predator (Fantasy Course)

Which is the Birdie Pack...

So I would need to pay approx $35 for the Eagle Pack to get all of the courses in the game?

Also are we going to use any of the Birdie/Eagle pack courses in our TGT Tour?

JBHuskers
03-29-2011, 12:51 PM
So I would need to pay approx $35 for the Eagle Pack to get all of the courses in the game?

Also are we going to use any of the Birdie/Eagle pack courses in our TGT Tour?

Correct....or for me that got the regular game, $50 and I will have every course in the game.

It depends on how many people have the courses....that's the tough thing, everyone has to have it to have it in the tour.

cdj
03-29-2011, 12:52 PM
EDIT: Loaded up, so far now seeing where it applies the XP points I earned from the demo...just getting into it though.

Also came with a coupon for a free 1 year subscription to Golf Digets or Golf World.

EDIT: found it, there is an option to import XP points.....not sure when I press the Triangle to "import XP" it tells me know Tiger Woods 11 Data found.... I thought it would give me points from the demo, not Tiger Woods 11.

I thought the demo XP carried over as well. No luck?

steelerfan
03-29-2011, 12:53 PM
So to get every course, you need the Eagle and Birdie Pack ($50 total) or the CE and Eagle Pack. Is that right?

gigemaggs99
03-29-2011, 12:59 PM
I thought the demo XP carried over as well. No luck?

Hmm, it must be still updating, I just got a message telling me I got 2075 XP points for inviting my friends to play the Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 Demo. Cool!

gigemaggs99
03-29-2011, 01:05 PM
So to get every course, you need the Eagle and Birdie Pack ($50 total) or the CE and Eagle Pack. Is that right?

I have the Collectors Edition for PS3, here are the courses I can play. I have not purchased any editional packs:

Augusta National
Random 18
TPC Sawgrass
St. Andrews Links
TPC Blue Monster
Harbour Town
Pebble Beach
TPC Boston
East Lake
The Predator
Cletic Manor Resort
Highlands
Liberty National
The Greenbrier
TPC Scottsdale
Whistling Straits
Waialae
Costa Navarino
Atlanta Atheletic Club
TPC San Antonio
Royal Melbourne GC
Augusta Par 3

Not sure what the other courses are? Can I download more?

EDIT: I pressed the L1 button, it says "more courses":

It brings up the following courses:

The Els Club
Greek Isles
Banff Springs Golf Course
Emerald Dragon
Sheshan Golf Club
Oakmont Country Club
Pinehurst No. 2
Riviera CC Golf Course
Hazeltine National Golf Club
WolfCreek, NV
Torrey Pines Golf Course
River Course at Blackwolf Run
Spyglass Hill Golf Course
Birdie Pack (doesn't say what's included)
Eagle Pack (doesn't say what's includied)

cdj
03-29-2011, 01:05 PM

That's the way I understand it, yep.

gigemaggs99
03-29-2011, 01:10 PM
When we play in the Tour, are we going to put it on the hardest settings? Tour Pro, and no putting help? Just wondering how I should start practicing.

CLW
03-29-2011, 01:17 PM
When we play in the Tour, are we going to put it on the hardest settings? Tour Pro, and no putting help? Just wondering how I should start practicing.

Good lord if I cannot at least have the caddie helping me with the circles on the green (which are huge) I am totally SCREWED

gigemaggs99
03-29-2011, 01:25 PM
This is AWESOME. I've been sitting here for an hour now just going through the differen clubs, clothes, etc... finally got him all dressed up and ready to take on the first AM Tour event!

GREAT GAME! LOTS OF STUFF!

Bucket hat looks SWEET!

LOLOLOL YIKES! Playing Stableford vs Davies, 3 putted the first green! LOL this is tough!

JBHuskers
03-29-2011, 01:38 PM

Correct.

JBHuskers
03-29-2011, 01:39 PM

The difficulty will be Tour Pro, so you won't have spin or putt preview.

You can find the rules here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?334-Tailgate-Golf-Association-Rules).

CLW
03-29-2011, 01:41 PM
The difficulty will be Tour Pro, so you won't have spin or putt preview.

You can find the rules here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?334-Tailgate-Golf-Association-Rules).

Does "putt preview" = those green; yellow; red circles that help you decide where to hit the putt?

JBHuskers
03-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Does "putt preview" = those green; yellow; red circles that help you decide where to hit the putt?

No, that's the caddy suggestion. Putt preview shows you the putting line based on where you're lined up.

CLW
03-29-2011, 01:45 PM
No, that's the caddy suggestion. Putt preview shows you the putting line based on where you're lined up.

Sigh of relief. I have been practicing with the settings just set on Tour Pro and that always gave me the circles which could be "Focussed" closer if you had any extra "Focus" available. W/o those circles I'd be 12 putting every green.

gigemaggs99
03-29-2011, 01:49 PM
"Bethpage Black (360) and Turnberry (PS3) - EB Games/GameStop pre-order incentives - are not listed for purchase. "

I'm confused. I pre-ordered mine from Gamestop for PS3 and I have no way of getting Turnberry. Where do you see/how do we get this Turnberry course?

AH HAH! It's on the receipt, silly me, helps to use your eyes sometimes!

For those that need the help:

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ravecode/pdf/TWPGAT12_PS3RAVE.pdf

This is good and bad, the game is FREAKING SWEET!, I really like the sound effects, sounds great!...the problem now...my wife is gonna kill me b/c I'll be on here all the time.

gigemaggs99
03-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Sigh of relief. I have been practicing with the settings just set on Tour Pro and that always gave me the circles which could be "Focussed" closer if you had any extra "Focus" available. W/o those circles I'd be 12 putting every green.

I hear ya, I'm on Tour Pro too, I missed a 2 foot putt, I was like HOLY COW! This IS realistic.

The thing, I like so far...it's hard on TOUR PRO. I think if I left it on default or easy I would fly through it. I like the challenge, I only own 2 other games NCAA 11 and Top Spin 3, so this is nice to have a new game that might take a while. I like that it's hard.

I'm gonna start playing it like real golf, teeing off w/ my 3iron puts me with a nice 7-8 iron in. I see no reason to hammer the driver HOPING to keep it in the fairway and then have a 1/2 SW in. I think it's cool that playing smart golf will pay off!

CLW
03-29-2011, 02:07 PM
I hear ya, I'm on Tour Pro too, I missed a 2 foot putt, I was like HOLY COW! This IS realistic.

Yeah you CANNOT take ANY putt for granted. I swear like 90% of the time I just casually go for a "tap in" I F up and miss.

gigemaggs99
03-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Yeah you CANNOT take ANY putt for granted. I swear like 90% of the time I just casually go for a "tap in" I F up and miss.

HELL YEAH, 4-iron full PW in, that makes it just like real life for me! I'm liking it!

Putting yardage markers in makes it VERY realistic. Seems like that last time I played Tiger Woods, 09 ish, I'd have to do the math in my head to plan out my clubs, having the markers in the fairway like real life is VERY NICE!

It's raining and the ball throws up a roster tail on the green! NICE

Paakaa10
03-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Doing some quick Wikipedia research turns up that 80 Microsoft Points are equal to $1, so the numbers cdj cited earlier are correct.

This means that the Eagle Pack--which contains 13 courses--should be expected to cost $35 on the PlayStation 3 when the DLC is made available later tonight. The Birdie Pack--which contains the 5 courses included as "bonus" material on the Collector's Edition for PS3--will likely cost $15 when made available on the PlayStation 3, which means that those who bought the CE saved a grand total of $5 for the bonuses.

The tough part here for people who want to get all of these "bonus" DLC courses is that the two packs combined will run $50 on top of the $60 paid for the standard game. Even though the DLC courses total 18--four more than what is included on the standard disc--it's a tough pill to swallow to shell out essentially the cost of another 360/PS3 game to get extra courses.

Nevermind the fact that--of the 18 DLC courses--11 were apparently available to purchase for DLC in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11. I haven't heard anything either way, but I'm fairly certain that people who bought DLC last year won't be able to use those courses in this year's game and will thus be re-buying the same courses.

At least the EB Games/Gamestop exclusives--Bethpage Black (360) and Turnberry (PS3)--were not DLC last year. It will be interesting to see when those courses are made available to purchase, and what the cost will be at that time.

I'll probably use some Best Buy Reward Zone certificates towards $50 in PSN tonight to purchase all of the available courses anyway; as expensive as the courses are--running about $4-5 apiece individually, $3.72 apiece as part of the Eagle Pack, and $3 apiece as part of the Birdie Pack--paying for 18 holes in a golf game is significantly better DLC than most of what is made available for purchase for other games.

SmoothPancakes
03-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Here's the thing that really bothers me. Why couldn't even half of these have been included on the disc but instead were held out to be DLC? For them to be available on release day for download, at least some of them were already done and ready to go by the time the game went to printing. To have 18! courses withheld as DLC is ridiculous in my opinion. And like Paakaa said, you're looking at $50 just to get all of the course, on top of the $60 paid for the game.

I have a massive backlog of games I want to buy, and to spend $50 on DLC courses, when I could cut a chunk into that backlog of games, would be stupid to me. I love DLC when it's done properly, and I have bought a ton of DLC in my time. But this seems like nothing more than just simple money whoring by EA. Wanting you to pay the price of almost TWO full games just to get all of the courses for this one game is absurd, especially if you bought all of these SAME courses as DLC last year in TW11, as well some were already in the game last year from the first day, and are now being forced to completely rebuy all of them if you'd like to play them in TW12.

Paakaa10
03-29-2011, 05:13 PM
PlayStation 3 store update just went live and, as expected, the cost for the "Birdie Pack" (5 courses) is $14.99 and the cost for the "Eagle Pack" (13 courses) is $34.99.

Paakaa10
03-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Here's the thing that really bothers me. Why couldn't even half of these have been included on the disc but instead were held out to be DLC? For them to be available on release day for download, at least some of them were already done and ready to go by the time the game went to printing.

I'm not sure what the disc space usage was for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters, but I imagine with the level of specific detail for Augusta National that it might have been difficult to fit a whole lot of courses on the game disc straight away. And, when you have multiplatform games, generally you're limited by the space constraints of the "smaller" format; the PlayStation 3 got a "Collector's Edition" with the "Birdie Pack" courses included, and it's probable that those courses couldn't have all been put on the Xbox 360 disc.

Do also consider--and I forgot this in my initial write-up--that the release of the game was moved up quite a bit from when it is usually put out so that gamers would have the game in-hand for the actual Masters tournament starting up. The timing may have also been an issue here.

To have 18! courses withheld as DLC is ridiculous in my opinion. And like Paakaa said, you're looking at $50 just to get all of the course, on top of the $60 paid for the game.

This is where I still get held up a bit; it's hard to justify the expense, even if the DLC feels more worth the cost than some other examples in other titles. If DLC courses were transferrable from year-to-year, it would be even better. But, since there are improvements to gameplay, graphics, and UI every year, I imagine that there would need to be patches or software updates to improve the compatibility between old courses and the new game structure, assuming that it would be even possible to do so.

gigemaggs99
03-29-2011, 05:50 PM
I haven't looked but does it break down somewhere what you actually get on the 2 options? Birdie vs Eagle? I mean I where you said 5 courses for 1 and 13 for another....in my case, I have the collectors edition for PS3. If I buy the eagle pack will I be getting 13 different/additional courses or do some overlap?

I don't have a backlog of games. I don't plan on buy Tiger Woods every year, so if I have to pay more this year and can keep it for a few years it's worth it to me.

EA just read my last statement and said, "SEE THERE WE GOT ONE!"

I'll buy it, I LIKE golf. I told my wife at dinner this is going to be bad...this GAME IS GOOD!

gigemaggs99
03-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Hmm, here's my question. Have you looked at the daily online events? There are 12 for today. The Daily Open-Amateur, it's 1 round at TPC Sawgrass, you can only submit 1 round. The person leading shot
-24!!!??? How in the world do you shot 24 under in 1 round? That's pretty much like hole-in-one every par 3, eagle every par 4, and double eagle every par 5....is that really possible? They MUST NOT BE using TOUR PRO...what a joke!

JBHuskers
03-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Paakaa is right....basically the core game has to be equal for PS3 and 360; which is why the CE was only on PS3. It has to be DLC for the rest....$50 total for the rest of the courses overall is a good price compared to the past two years of DLC.

Paakaa10
03-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Paakaa is right....basically the core game has to be equal for PS3 and 360; which is why the CE was only on PS3. It has to be DLC for the rest....$50 total for the rest of the courses overall is a good price compared to the past two years of DLC.

Been a while since I last owned a Tiger Woods game; how much did the course DLC go for in 10 and 11? I'm not seeing trustworthy numbers in my (admittedly short) search.

JBHuskers
03-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Been a while since I last owned a Tiger Woods game; how much did the course DLC go for in 10 and 11? I'm not seeing trustworthy numbers in my (admittedly short) search.

$7.50 a course, and I think last year courses new to the game were $10 and courses that have been in past games were $5, and they had course packs too.

Paakaa10
03-29-2011, 08:51 PM
$7.50 a course, and I think last year courses new to the game were $10 and courses that have been in past games were $5, and they had course packs too.

Wow. :whoa:

I guess, by comparison, the DLC pricing is a great deal this year.

And who am I kidding, I'll probably end up getting all of the courses anyway just so that I can play full seasons in Road to the Masters mode.

gigemaggs99
03-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Eagle pack downloading now. When do we start playing the Tour here?

By the way...I'm still trying to beat Davies on Stableford (Tour PRO) I'm starting to say things like ...."miss it F*(%$R... NOO NAN!......MISS IT!"

Man I'm starting to think on TOUR PRO you just can't beat him until your guy is built up. He will hit a drive into the rough but then hits it tight and taps it in for birdie. I'm doing good to get pars and he knocks it stiff almost every time.

Man, must be time to try something else, build up my guy and come back later. I shoot even pars and maybe 1 birdie. He birdies every hole.

JBHuskers
03-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Eagle pack downloading now. When do we start playing the Tour here?

By the way...I'm still trying to beat Davies on Stableford (Tour PRO) I'm starting to say things like ...."miss it F*(%$R... NOO NAN!......MISS IT!"

Man I'm starting to think on TOUR PRO you just can't beat him until your guy is built up. He will hit a drive into the rough but then hits it tight and taps it in for birdie. I'm doing good to get pars and he knocks it stiff almost every time.

There's a thread on the league form...we're starting Monday April 19th

cdj
03-29-2011, 09:59 PM
The prices are a lot better compared to last year. What hurts EA is that it's all out there right now versus being staggered as in years past. Though, with the Career Mode incorporating the DLC courses this year, they had no choice but to have them at launch.

gigemaggs99
03-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Maybe I'm on drugs but I'm playing the 1st AM TOUR event, Holiday Amateur Cup. As I climb the leaderboard more people show up in the gallery! This is AMAZING!

I feel like a real life Corey Pavin, grinding it out. In the lead with 3 holes to play, +2 over, 2nd place is +4 so all I need to do is concentrate and par home!

HOLY COW, heartbeat like a freakshow on the 18th. I ended up with a bogey and won by 1 stroke. +3 (73) overall. This is a very good GAME!

JeffHCross
03-30-2011, 05:57 PM
So to get every course, you need the Eagle and Birdie Pack ($50 total) or the CE and Eagle Pack. Is that right?Ouuuuuuuccccchhhhhh.

steelerfan
03-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Ouuuuuuuccccchhhhhh.

My sentiments exactly.

SmoothPancakes
03-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Ouuuuuuuccccchhhhhh.

My sentiments exactly.

Yeah, I'm not at all crazy about spending another $50 for the DLC. While I would love to have all the courses right away to implement into career mode, I think I'm gonna hold off on buying any of the DLC courses until they show up in a one day sale or Deal of the Week on Live (if they ever do). Way too many games that have come out in the past 6 months, and releasing sometime over the next couple months, for me to justify spending $50 on DLC instead of towards one of those too many games.

Paakaa10
03-30-2011, 08:50 PM
I feel dirty. Just picked up a $20 PSN card from Best Buy using some Reward Zone certificates and paid out of pocket for the rest to get the "Birdie Pack" and "Eagle Pack." I'm not proud of it, but I feel like I got it at a discount with the rewards.

Now to wait for the packs to download; huge files. I believe it's 750MB or so for the "Birdie" and 2200MB or so for the "Eagle."

morsdraconis
03-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Wow, $50 for addons is just nuts... I mean, I get that it's new levels (courses) to play and all, but damn, that's nuts...

JBHuskers
03-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Well you don't have to buy it all at once. $50 is a deal I think.

morsdraconis
03-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Well you don't have to buy it all at once. $50 is a deal I think.

It's a deal compared to how they were doing it, but it's still quite a bit of money for DLC. Even Forza Motorsports 2 & 3 with all their DLC for cars and tracks didn't add up to that (or, at least, I don't think it did).

Just seems like a lot of money for additional content when you'd think quite a bit of that would be included with the game itself.

But, obviously, it's a sound business model as EA is cleaning up with that stuff.

JeffHCross
03-30-2011, 10:27 PM
$50 is a deal I think.You think those courses combined are the equivalent of a whole new game (or close to one)? That's a hard sell for me. I could get Arkham Asylum, plus Super Street Fighter IV and still have money left over for that price.

JBHuskers
03-31-2011, 02:13 AM
You think those courses combined are the equivalent of a whole new game (or close to one)? That's a hard sell for me. I could get Arkham Asylum, plus Super Street Fighter IV and still have money left over for that price.

You're basically getting the amount of courses that are on disc, so yeah I think so.

steelerfan
06-21-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm guessing this is widely known, but the Eagle Pack is currently $20.99 for PS+ users. It's part of a handful of discounts from EA as past of the PSN's "Welcome Back".

Dunno if it works in conjunction with the free month of PS+.

gschwendt
06-21-2011, 09:43 PM
I'm guessing this is widely known, but the Eagle Pack is currently $20.99 for PS+ users. It's part of a handful of discounts from EA as past of the PSN's "Welcome Back".

Dunno if it works in conjunction with the free month of PS+.
That pricing just went into effect today... $14 off is a pretty nice discount, I'll probably pick it up at that price.

steelerfan
06-21-2011, 10:23 PM
That pricing just went into effect today... $14 off is a pretty nice discount, I'll probably pick it up at that price.

Hmm. I figured it was something that happened weeks ago and I just missed it. :sf:

psusnoop
06-22-2011, 07:17 AM

Me too, will probably do so tonight.

psusnoop
06-22-2011, 07:17 AM
Hmm. I figured it was something that happened weeks ago and I just missed it. :sf:

:D:D