PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 Best Pre-order Bonus

Paakaa10
03-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Here's another thread which would be a poll if I were able to create it as such.

A number of game retailers have set up pre-order bonuses for choosing to go through them to purchase Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters. This thread will include a run-down of what the bonuses are, and a vote for which bonus is most worthwhile to the consumer.

Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Tiger-Woods-PGA-TOUR-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0K9I8/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1300028986&sr=1-2)
Preorders receive a code to unlock the "Georgia Classic Putter" in-game, as well as a $10 credit towards future items shipped through Amazon. The offer is not valid with the Collector's Edition.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/2010/promos/TigerWoods12_preorder_putter._SL1000_.jpg

GameStop (http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/tiger-woods-pga-tour-12-the-masters/89605)
Preorders receive a code to download the Turnberry Golf Course in-game. The offer is valid with the Collector's Edition.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/TigerWoods12_bonusLG.jpg

Walmart (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=15739073&findingMethod=rr")
Preorders receive a code to download the Precision Boost Driver and Iron Set which increases driver power and maximum boost for iron control, as well as a $10 Walmart eGift Certificate. The offer does not appear to be valid with the Collector's Edition.

And so the question is simple:
Which of the above pre-order bonuses are you most interested in?

Amazon -- Georgia Classic Putter + $10 Amazon
Gamestop -- Turnberry Golf Course
Walmart -- Precision Boost Driver and Iron Set + $10 Walmart

My Answer
For me, the Gamestop preorder bonus is most useful. I don't need a special edition putter which I may or may not even end up using, and I don't want to have a boost set from the moment I load up the game; my golfer will be boosted enough thanks to the XP transfer from the demo. Having an extra 18-hole golf course in the game will significantly increase my gaming experience and replay value through giving me yet another course to play on, and it's also apparently the only bonus which can be made in conjunction with a Collector's Edition order if people choose to go that route.

Coachdenz
03-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Gamestop for me as well.

gigemaggs99
03-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Gamestop all the way for me. Pre-ordered my PS3 collectors edition a few weeks back. Can't WAIT :-)

Coachdenz
03-13-2011, 07:52 PM
I pre ordered mine today, only bad thing for me is, the game drops on a Tuesday the 29th, I fly out to Dallas on the 27th and won't get to play until the 1st or 2nd of April.

skipwondah33
03-14-2011, 03:27 PM
I think I will go the Amazon route. I have a credit on my account now, then that would give me another $10 for the future. I don't care for the putter, but it would be cool to get the extra course.

HawkFan
03-14-2011, 04:45 PM
I pre-ordered mine at gamestop. Didn't know about the deal until I pre-ordered it, and the counter guy told me about it. But looking at all of those that would have been the one I picked if given the choice and knowledge before hand.

JBHuskers
03-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Amazon may now have the best deal...$25 credit towards your next purchase!!!!!! (http://www.amazon.com/Tiger-Woods-PGA-TOUR-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0K9I8/ref=zg_bs_14210861_2)

gschwendt
03-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Amazon may now have the best deal...$25 credit towards your next purchase!!!!!! (http://www.amazon.com/Tiger-Woods-PGA-TOUR-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0K9I8/ref=zg_bs_14210861_2)Yep... I took advantage of that on Friday. It helped that I had $10 credit from buying Crysis 2 moments before.

CLW
03-27-2011, 04:48 PM
Amazon may now have the best deal...$25 credit towards your next purchase!!!!!! (http://www.amazon.com/Tiger-Woods-PGA-TOUR-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0K9I8/ref=zg_bs_14210861_2)

Does it apply on the collectors edition?

Also if I cancel my current pre-order can I still get the $25 credit if I re-order?

gschwendt
03-27-2011, 04:59 PM
Does it apply on the collectors edition?

Also if I cancel my current pre-order can I still get the $25 credit if I re-order?
Doesn't apply to the collector's edition. I would assume if you have a regular edition copy pre-ordered, this would already apply to you.

CLW
03-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Doesn't apply to the collector's edition. I would assume if you have a regular edition copy pre-ordered, this would already apply to you.

I have the collector's edition pre-ordered. Has EA announced how much it will cost to buy all of the courses? I may change my order if the extra courses are less than $25 to buy.

I'm also somewhat confused as to whether the Collectors Edition contained ALL courses in the game or if there are others I am still going to have to purchase.

cccgolfer08
03-27-2011, 05:22 PM
I have the collector's edition pre-ordered. Has EA announced how much it will cost to buy all of the courses? I may change my order if the extra courses are less than $25 to buy.

I'm also somewhat confused as to whether the Collectors Edition contained ALL courses in the game or if there are others I am still going to have to purchase.

Collectors Edition includes 5 additional courses on the disc...and there are like 15-20 DLC courses total that don't come on the disc so there will be a ton still to purchase.

and nothing has been announced yet on how much they will charge for them

CLW
03-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Collectors Edition includes 5 additional courses on the disc...and there are like 15-20 DLC courses total that don't come on the disc so there will be a ton still to purchase.

and nothing has been announced yet on how much they will charge for them

Good lord so I am currently set to pay $10 more bucks (plus missing out on the $25 credit) for 5 courses?

I'm tempted to cancel my current Amazon pre-order and just order the Standard edition.

gschwendt
03-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Good lord so I am currently set to pay $10 more bucks (plus missing out on the $25 credit) for 5 courses?

I'm tempted to cancel my current Amazon pre-order and just order the Standard edition.That's the route I went... I figure that we won't use those 5 courses in the TGA because the 360 folk won't have them by default.

CLW
03-27-2011, 05:37 PM
That's the route I went... I figure that we won't use those 5 courses in the TGA because the 360 folk won't have them by default.

O.K. time to figure out the wife's Amazon account password and do some work.

JBHuskers
03-28-2011, 09:36 AM
I can't say way until Tuesday morning, but as long as what I know is still in place, get the Standard Edition with the $25 credit.

CLW
03-28-2011, 11:06 AM
I can't say way until Tuesday morning, but as long as what I know is still in place, get the Standard Edition with the $25 credit.

Thanks man!

JBHuskers
03-28-2011, 11:16 AM
LOL say why*

CLW
03-28-2011, 11:19 AM
LOL say why*

damn it i finally figured out my wife's password but unfortunately the order is being processed so I cannot cancel it. Looks like Collectors Edition with no credit coming my way. :smh:

JBHuskers
03-28-2011, 11:22 AM
damn it i finally figured out my wife's password but unfortunately the order is being processed so I cannot cancel it. Looks like Collectors Edition with no credit coming my way. :smh:

Unless you go buy the regular edition too, and just return the CE back. Amazon is pretty smooth on their return process.

CLW
03-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Unless you go buy the regular edition too, and just return the CE back. Amazon is pretty smooth on their return process.

Yeah I thought about that but wasn't sure how that would go over. I mean surely they will check and see that my household bought both editions and are just trying to take advantage of the $25 credit offer.

JBHuskers
03-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Yeah I thought about that but wasn't sure how that would go over. I mean surely they will check and see that my household bought both editions and are just trying to take advantage of the $25 credit offer.

And what are they going to do about it? :D

So what? I guess your only obstacle is your wife ;)

SmoothPancakes
03-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Just preordered this yesterday. I was just going to buy locally sometime during the week, probably after my next paycheck on Thursday, but when that $25 credit offer came about, it was too much for me to pass up.

SmoothPancakes
03-29-2011, 07:44 PM
We’re writing to let you know there’s been a delay in the delivery of your pre-order codes for the Georgia Classic Putter for "Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters." We’re working with EA to send these pre-order codes to you as soon as possible.

We're very sorry about this delay, and to make up for any inconvenience, we’re providing you with a $5 Video Games credit.

Just got an email from Amazon with that in it, plus other info. Sweet! :D Just got $30 back between the $25 pre-order bonus and the $5 from putter code delay.

NatureBoy
04-04-2011, 08:50 AM
:bang::bang::bang: My Wife threw away my Gamestop receipt with my code to unlock the Turnberry Golf Course. Is there anyway else to get it? Man, this really pisses me off.

gschwendt
04-04-2011, 08:56 AM
:bang::bang::bang: My Wife threw away my Gamestop receipt with my code to unlock the Turnberry Golf Course. Is there anyway else to get it? Man, this really pisses me off.
I imagine you could hit up Gamestop and ask them to reprint it... since its a one-time use code, it's not like you could be up to any shenanigans.

NatureBoy
04-04-2011, 09:22 AM
I imagine you could hit up Gamestop and ask them to reprint it... since its a one-time use code, it's not like you could be up to any shenanigans. I will give it a shot. Thanks!

JBHuskers
04-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Yeah I figure they can make your original receipt void, reprint a new one....