PDA

View Full Version : NHL 11 Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

jaymo76
05-15-2011, 01:37 PM
I knocked off Calgary in 5 and last night after the kids went to bed play the Western Final... get this... Vancouver versus SAN JOSE! In game one I was down 4-1 to start the second. I came back to win 6-5 with 14 seconds left in the 3rd period. That seemed to destroy San Jose as the next two cames I beat them pretty good. In game four I scored with 9 seconds left to win the game 1-0. I was dominated but Luongo played like he was worth the money.

Okay, now I'm about to start the Stanley Cup against..... ugh... NEW YORK ISLANDERS. I guess this will be a "classic" rematch of the 1982 Stanley Cup. Yeah I am excited but the Islanders??? Seriously??? the Islanders??? Gonna start planning the cup route now lol:P

SmoothPancakes
05-15-2011, 06:11 PM
I knocked off Calgary in 5 and last night after the kids went to bed play the Western Final... get this... Vancouver versus SAN JOSE! In game one I was down 4-1 to start the second. I came back to win 6-5 with 14 seconds left in the 3rd period. That seemed to destroy San Jose as the next two cames I beat them pretty good. In game four I scored with 9 seconds left to win the game 1-0. I was dominated but Luongo played like he was worth the money.

Okay, now I'm about to start the Stanley Cup against..... ugh... NEW YORK ISLANDERS. I guess this will be a "classic" rematch of the 1982 Stanley Cup. Yeah I am excited but the Islanders??? Seriously??? the Islanders??? Gonna start planning the cup route now lol:P

Just make sure you don't drop it. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXxSuzRpTps

jaymo76
05-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Took forever but I finally won Lord Stanley's cup... swept the Islanders... absolutely AWFUL series!!! It wasn't a ton of fun because the Isles were so, so bad. However, the trophy presentation... awesome! As well, the offseason was a blast. I loved the RFA/UFA period. I won the cup and then "rebuilt." MY TEAM NOW IS TOUGHER AND HIGHER RANKED THAN BEFORE LAST SEASON (91 OVR). I also dropped the median age of my team down to 26.2 years... building up the farm slowly.

My only offseason complaints: it's too easy to sign big-time free agents; draft needs a little more pizzaz and more trades; feel by yourself~ more connection to the league during this time.

Okay NHL... back on the shelf until the fall.