PDA

View Full Version : NBA Elite 11 - (Cancelled)

Pages : 1 [2]

Rudy
11-02-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm going to pick up Live 10. It's only $10 on Amazon. I redownloaded the demo and it's a lot of fun. I actually like the controls more than the 2K12 demo. I understand 2K requires a longer learning curve and may be a better sim but I'm just looking for a game that I can pick up and play and have some fun. Does anyone have the last EA roster update from last year? I can't find the last official EA roster update anywhere. EA took down their updates and are no longer supporting the game.

JBHuskers
11-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Live 10 was a great game. The series was going in a great direction with this game before the nose dive.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Rudy
11-03-2011, 04:41 AM
I know I read a lot of guys really liking Live 10 and that it wasn't far off from the 2K series. Unfortunately the sales were very far off from the 2K series so EA made a knee jerk decision to dump everything. EA should have taken a 2K like approach and just improved it and then sold it at a reduced price to entice 2K fans to give their game another chance.

JBHuskers
11-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Yeah both the NCAA and NBA series in 10 where great improvements and heading in the right direction. NCAA you had to run an offense to be successful where NBA there was a little bit more freedom. The differences between the two were noticeable and made each game stand out on its own.

gardenman80
11-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the help. I did some research & found that only about 10 exist. I paid $6 for the game, crazy. I am going to sell it just not sure if I wanna do it on ebay.

morsdraconis
11-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the help. I did some research & found that only about 10 exist. I paid $6 for the game, crazy. I am going to sell it just not sure if I wanna do it on ebay.

Shit, I would. I'd do a buy it now kind of deal for $1000 and see if anyone jumped on it.

steelerfan
11-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Shit, I would. I'd do a buy it now kind of deal for $1000 and see if anyone jumped on it.

:+1:

Except I'd set Buy it Now at $2000. :nod:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

cdj
12-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Courtesy: ESPN Video Games (http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/7322986/ea-nba-sim-track-2012)

EA's NBA sim still on track for 2012

It's been over a year now since EA Sports turned "NBA Elite" into NBA Delete, cancelling the new console simulation franchise before it ever even hit stores.

And while EA Sports has been mostly silent about their basketball plans beyond proclaiming a 2012 release and a change in development studios from EA Canada to Tiburon (the home of "Madden"), I was able to catch up with EA Sports president Andrew Wilson and ask him about the upcoming game and what the change in studios might mean for the title.

"Anytime you're looking to reboot a franchise, you're looking to find a different type of creative energy," Wilson told me as I sat down with him at a recent EA Sports event. "When we rebooted the 'FIFA' franchise, we introduced a whole new team that rebuilt that engine from scratch. We did the same for 'NHL.' We completely rebooted and rebuilt that game with a new creative team.

"And while the 'NBA' creative energy could've happened anywhere, it just so happened that we had some developers in the EA Tiburon studios who were very, very passionate basketball fans. The Orlando Magic literally train 100 yards from our studio there, so we have a big basketball culture built around that creative energy, and what we will deliver will be a fantastic game."

As for any the rumors that the game was delayed an extra year, not due to development time, but because of the NBA lockout and the negative impact the work stoppage might have on sales ("NBA 2K12" sales have been crippled compared to last year), Wilson said the lockout had nothing to do with their plans.

"We had decided that we needed a longer amount of time to develop the NBA game and to make sure we were delivering a true AAA EA Sports title," Wilson explained. "We decided long ago that 2012 was the right time for us, long before the lockout, and I think once people see what we're developing, they'll agree that the extra time really paid off."

Once some actual game info comes out, we'll create a new thread since this one is full of info....on a non-existent game. :D

Rudy
12-06-2011, 08:11 PM
If EA really wanted a sim they would have never stopped making Live and let Beluba go back to 2K. They were on the right path but were too impatient and wanted faster results. Instead they blew up their own product and took a two year hiatus. I have to think they regret that decision.

Rudy
12-07-2011, 04:26 AM
I have updated the NBA Live 10 roster moves. It includes 10 new rookies. I'll be doing more roster moves with free agency.

I can't attach the SYS-DATA file that is updated (too big, PM me if you want a copy and I will e-mail it to you). If you want to use the rosters you have to save a personal roster file on to a USB stick. Then swap the updated SYS-DATA file with the one on your USB stick and then reload it to the PS3. You only swap that particular file as you need to get around the profile lock EA placed on the roster files (your name still shows up as creator but info is different).

You can also head to this basketball forum and download them right here: http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?cat=16

I'm not an expert on this stuff but just wanted an updated file. There is an updated 360 file there too I believe.