PDA

View Full Version : (360) The Rising Stars (3 prestige and lower NCAA 10/11 league)

morsdraconis
05-25-2010, 07:35 PM
The Rising Stars

League Difficulty: All-American (most likely will stay the same for '11 but we'll see)

Teams available/custom conference layout: All teams available in this list

ACC | Big East | Big Ten | Big 12 | CUSA | MAC | MWC | PAC 10 | SEC | Sun Belt | WAC | IND
Clemson | Connecticut | Illinois | Baylor | ECU | Akron | Air Force | Arizona | Arkansas | Arkansas St | Fresno St | Army
Duke | Syracuse | Indiana | Iowa State | Houston | Ball State | Colorado St | Washington | Kentucky | FAU | Hawai'i | Navy
Maryland | USF | Iowa | Kansas St | Marshall | Bowling Green | New Mexico | Washington St | Miss St | FIU | Idaho |
NC State | | Michigan St | | Memphis | Buffalo | San Diego St | | Ole Miss | Middle Tennessee | Louisiana Tech |
Virginia | | Minnesota | | Rice | Central Michigan | TCU | | South Carolina | North Texas | Nevada |
| | Northwestern | | SMU | Eastern Michigan | UNLV | | Vanderbilt | Troy | New Mexico St |
| | Purdue | | Southern Miss | Kent State | Wyoming | | | UL-Monroe | San Jose St |
| | | | Tulane | Miami (OH) | | | | UL-Lafayette | Utah State |
| | | | Tulsa | Northern Illinois | | | | Western Kentucky | |
| | | | UAB | Ohio | | | | | |
| | | | UCF | Temple | | | | |
| | | | UTEP | Toledo | | | | |
| | | | | Western Michigan | | | | |

The setup will be playing in whatever league you are in with at least two user vs user games (more if we all choose teams in the same conferences obviously).

Schedule (How quickly will weeks be advanced): Hopefully 72 hours for '11, but if we start doing something with this for '10, then the faster the better.

Scheduling: Everything will be in this thread. Might make another one specifically for posting game results for each season.

Rules

General
Pre Game Adjustments: Depth chart changes are not permitted before the opening kickoff. Each owner is responsible for setting their depth charts at some point during the week. You are allowed to make a depth move during the game if:

A player is struggling
If you are trying to prevent an injury
The game is a blowout

Audibles:

When calling an audible, you must allow the defense to adjust and be set for at least one second before snapping the ball.
Players are prohibited from audibling into formations that give them advantages. For example, coming out in a 4 WR set and audibling into a 2 TE set.

Sportsmanship: Please do not taunt or act like an idiot in a user vs user game. In general, just respect each other.

Run/Pass Commit/User Issues/Gameplan Feature:

You are not allowed to use the run/pass commit.
Aggressive Jump The Snap, Big Hit, and Strip Ball settings are banned

Offense

Going For it on 4th Down:

Whenever you are past the 50 yard line with 3 yards or less to go, you are permitted to for it on 4th down.
If you are behind by two touchdowns or more in the second half, you can go for it whenever you like.
If you are the losing team in the 4th quarter, you can go for it whenever you like.

Hurry Up/No Huddle: It is not allowed after an incompletion or any other stoppage of play.

Play Calling: Owners are expected to mix up plays on both offense AND defense. If your team falls behind early in the game, it's understandable if you become a one-dimensional offense with your passing game. As long as the game is close, we expect all box scores to reflect a concerted effort at reasonable play calling.

Play Action: It is unrealistic to call a PA Pass when it is 3rd down and more than 7. You may call a designed PA play and audible your RB to block or go into a pattern to stop the Playaction. Overuse of this will be frowned upon.

Unrealistic QB Scrambling: Nothing is worse than someone who uses their scrambling quarterback to exploit the game.

There will be no sprinting straight back, stopping, then finding a target. You must sit in the pocket if that is how that play is designed to be. If they are bringing so much pressure that you feel you have to run, I bet someone is open.
No sprinting out immediately after the snap, or when there is no pressure. If you do this, you must run the ball. It will not be tolerated if you are doing this in an effort to find a flaw in the AI.
No calling a pass play and using it as a designed QB run. For instance, on 3rd and 1, do not call a pass play and try to run straight through the LOS to pick up the first.
If a play breaks down, and the pocket collapses then you are free to try and make things happen with your feet by escaping the pressure.

Running Up The Score: Keep the scores realistic. I will not put up with multiple 60+ scores, no matter the opponent. If this happens too often, I will throw out the results and ask you to play it again OR just sim the game myself.
Defense
Moving Players Pre-Snap: On defense, shifting linebackers and the defensive line is permitted. However, if you move a individual defensive player before the snap you must control that player at the snap of the ball. This includes moving a player to cover an assignment.

Dropping Everyone Into Coverage: Please do not overuse this tactic. It is understandable to drop guys back when it's 3rd and long and you know they're passing the ball, but to constantly do it is definitely frowned upon.

Unrealistic Defensive Tactics: Anything along the lines of using Quarters as your primary defense, or trying to stop the run with Nickel and Dime is NOT allowed.

1-5-5 Defense & 4-2-5 Defensive playbook: Banned. Plain and simple
Special Teams
Fake Punts: Must follow same rules as going for it on 4th down.

Fake Field Goals: May be used at any point in the game. This should be used as a trick play, not a cheap way to go for two or score a TD. If there is a situation where you think your opponent is going to sell out on the kick and this may work go for it. Don't use this to pick up a first down, if you are that close to the first down bring your offense on the field. If there are issues it will be banned.

Onside Kicks: Onside kicks are permitted at any time by the losing team in the 4th quarter only.

Squib or Short Kicks: These are allowed, but please do not use this style for every single kick off.

morsdraconis
05-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Whether your interest be in '10 or '11, don't hesitate to post here or send me a PM, email, or XBL message.

I personally love building up programs and with everything that's been announced about '11, it looks like it's going to be even harder to make a program elite than before so this could be a VERY good dynasty with several seasons of solid competition against each other and the CPU.

If the decision is to wait until '11, we'll most likely be shooting for the release of rosters before we do anything but once we get enough people to fill it out, we'll do a tournament or something to keep interest up until the rosters are released.

morsdraconis
06-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Just posting that I definitely still want to do this. Hopefully we get more interest in this or ODs on the 360 in general.

Obviously with all the new changes to the game, the above rules are subject to change and there is a possibility that more or less teams will be available based on what their prestige level is for '11.

lilheavy
06-12-2010, 12:55 AM
Hopefully we can get something going on the 360. I'm all for any type of league setup.

Schauwn
06-13-2010, 12:27 AM
why not allow hurry up offenses if thats one of the offensive styles thats going to be included in the new game?

JeffHCross
06-13-2010, 12:33 AM
I would think (can't speak for the league owners, of course) that rule in particular might be one in place for 10 that's going to be reviewed for 11.

That said, the rule only disallows it after an incompletion or a stoppage in play. I don't recall Texas Tech or Cincinnati calling No Huddle in those situations in real life either.

morsdraconis
06-13-2010, 12:37 AM
I would think (can't speak for the league owners, of course) that rule in particular might be one in place for 10 that's going to be reviewed for 11.

That said, the rule only disallows it after an incompletion or a stoppage in play. I don't recall Texas Tech or Cincinnati calling No Huddle in those situations in real life either.

As I stated above, it's to be determined based on how the no huddle is handled in the new game.

If it forces the defense to not be able to make any personnel changes while the offense can, doesn't give the defense a chance to pick a play at all, and is able to be exploited by how stupidly slow the defensive players move after the ball has been blown dead to get back on their side of the ball, then most likely it will remain banned, but if they do it right (certainly hope that they do) then I can definitely see it being open again but watched heavily. Hopefully they get the stamina drain correct on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball.

JeffHCross
06-13-2010, 12:57 AM
Agreed on all points.

gschwendt
06-13-2010, 09:12 AM
As I stated above, it's to be determined based on how the no huddle is handled in the new game.

If it forces the defense to not be able to make any personnel changes while the offense can, doesn't give the defense a chance to pick a play at all, and is able to be exploited by how stupidly slow the defensive players move after the ball has been blown dead to get back on their side of the ball, then most likely it will remain banned, but if they do it right (certainly hope that they do) then I can definitely see it being open again but watched heavily. Hopefully they get the stamina drain correct on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball.
We gave a TON of feedback on no-huddle and they seemed eager to listen so hopefully they got it right. I think if they worked in everything we talked about then everyone should be mostly satisfied.

Flav
06-13-2010, 09:17 AM
no spam intended, but No huddle seems unrealistic with no coaches on the sideline.

lilheavy
06-13-2010, 12:10 PM
no spam intended, but No huddle seems unrealistic with no coaches on the sideline.

Thats something I can deal with. Imagination is the key! :) We all should still have that childhood imagination hidden somewhere in the brain.

SmoothPancakes
06-15-2010, 04:00 PM
If this is still being planned and still hopeful for 2011, count me in! While it could be fun playing one top team against another, I have always been one to play regular dynasties with weaker teams for the challenge, so I'm liking this. Also, I didn't see anything in terms of how teams will be selected, but I would like to put in a bid for Navy when this baby gets up and running. Since they are my favorite team, they are the team I play with 95% of the time when I play NCAA.

morsdraconis
06-15-2010, 07:02 PM
If this is still being planned and still hopeful for 2011, count me in! While it could be fun playing one top team against another, I have always been one to play regular dynasties with weaker teams for the challenge, so I'm liking this. Also, I didn't see anything in terms of how teams will be selected, but I would like to put in a bid for Navy when this baby gets up and running. Since they are my favorite team, they are the team I play with 95% of the time when I play NCAA.

Absolutely man. I will most definitely be doing this still. And I'm glad to see someone else interested in Navy. They are REALLY fun to play with.

I definitely want to do 3* or less as it'll make the game more interesting instead of getting ridiculous recruits each year we actually have to work for them.

I'm going to be PMing anyone that has shown any interest at all in this league as it gets closer to the game dropping. Would love to get a tournament going with whatever teams we'd like to play once the game drops so as to get used to the game and get a feel for how everyone plays.

iBrandon
06-19-2010, 04:21 PM
I am interested. Would probably use a team like Houston or North Texas. I'm a Baylor fan, but would probably just stay offline with them. Plus, I'm probably going to use them in another league.

Schauwn
06-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Not trying to spam, just another question? I understand why there should be no 1-5-5 based on last years game, but why no 4-2-5?

and shouldn't that be something that is a way and see with the new locomotion feature and blocking improvements, it seems strange to already say they aren't allowed...

morsdraconis
06-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Not trying to spam, just another question? I understand why there should be no 1-5-5 based on last years game, but why no 4-2-5?

and shouldn't that be something that is a way and see with the new locomotion feature and blocking improvements, it seems strange to already say they aren't allowed...

It's a wait and see, but I doubt it will be allowed. Unless there is a SIGNIFICANT difference with the way that formation is blocked, it's hard to see it not being continually abused just like it used to be.

Schauwn
06-22-2010, 10:37 AM
maybe this is the wrong place to discuss it? but how was the 4-2-5 exploitive? I dont use the defense but I've played against it quite a bit in OD's and never felt it was exploitative...just wondering what specifically you were referring to

morsdraconis
06-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Mods, please close this thread. I've decided to do a more elite team league instead of this.