PDA

View Full Version : Week 14

JeffHCross
02-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Welcome to Week 14!
Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #17 Oklahoma Sooners (8-3) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma won 52-14 against Cal (3-7).
This week, the Sooners travel to Stillwater to face the Oklahoma State Cowboys (4-6).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Ryan Moore has committed to Oklahoma
- (***) TE DeShawn Bryant has committed to Oklahoma
- (***) DT Luke Powers has committed to Oklahoma

=============== Clemson Tigers (7-4) ===============
Last week the Tigers were idle.
This week, the Tigers will host South Carolina (6-5).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LE Jeff McGee has committed to Florida State

=============== #2 Florida State Seminoles (11-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 69-27 against Florida (8-3).
This week, the Seminoles are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LE Jeff McGee has committed to Florida State
- (***) LOLB Lamar Koch has committed to Florida State

=============== #5 Miami Hurricanes (11-1) ===============
Last week, Miami won 42-0 against Virginia (4-8).
This week, the Hurricanes are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) MLB Jack Royal has committed to Miami
- (***) DT Luke Powers has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #6 Michigan Wolverines (10-2) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 31-17 against Ohio State (6-6).
This week, the Wolverines are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) HB Corey Brooks has committed to Michigan

=============== #20 Texas A&M Aggies (8-3) ===============
Last week, Texas A&M won 55-17 against UCLA (1-9).
This week, the Aggies travel to Austin to face the #1 Texas Longhorns (11-0).

=============== #13 Penn State Nittany Lions (9-3) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 45-14 against Michigan State (5-7).
This week, the Nittany Lions are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) DT Damian Hall has committed to Penn State

=============== Oregon Ducks (4-7) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 33-16 against Kansas (4-7).
This week, the Ducks will host Oregon State (6-5).

=============== #4 USC Trojans (10-1) ===============
Last week, USC won 30-3 against Notre Dame (8-2).
This week, the Trojans will host UCLA (1-9).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (*) FB Kasey Hill has committed to Minnesota

=============== #18 Virginia Tech Hokies (9-2) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 24-20 against North Carolina (6-5).
This week, the Hokies will host ECU (8-3).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) P Curtis Fleming has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (11-0) ===============
Last week the Longhorns were idle.
This week, the Longhorns will host #20 Texas A&M (8-3).

=============== #8 Wisconsin Badgers (10-2) ===============
Last week the Badgers were idle.
This week, the Badgers are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) HB Corey Brooks has committed to Michigan

JeffHCross
02-10-2011, 09:53 PM
ADVANCE!

( I have a better chance in a sim )

In all seriousness, I'm headed to bed now. I'll be up late tomorrow night, Papa, so I'll see you then.

psusnoop
02-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Lol

Papa LoneStar
02-10-2011, 11:28 PM
The Aggy beatdown....errrr....the Lone Star Showdown will be played tommorrow evening as soon Jeff is ready to be dominated. ACC title on Saturday. Bowl week on Sunday. Offseason Sunday night.

*ready....BREAK!*

fsuprime
02-10-2011, 11:53 PM
sounds good to me

psusnoop
02-11-2011, 06:23 AM
*Break*!

Nice plan Papa, now let's just get this rolling.

RcSinger
02-11-2011, 07:16 AM
I will likely get my game in today, Saturday I have a tourney that may be one game and may be 3 games. Depends on how we do. Sunday I have to work so I likely won't get my bowl game in until sunday sometime after 5pm. If we advance to bowl week tomorrow, I will do everything I can to get the game in before bedtime saturday night.

Just letting you guys know what's going on with me.

The good news is, basketball is over after tomorrow. Tee Ball is starting up though. While I am not coaching Tee Ball, I will have 3 kids playing.

psuexv
02-11-2011, 08:14 AM
The good news is, basketball is over after tomorrow. Tee Ball is starting up though. While I am not coaching Tee Ball, I will have 3 kids playing.

Only 3? I thought you had enough to fill a whole team?

RcSinger
02-11-2011, 09:15 AM
The other 2 are older, softball and baseball age.

I do have enough for a whole basketball team, but the age range would be + 8 years. lol

RcSinger
02-11-2011, 09:27 AM
A welcome return to offense defense and special teams for Hokie fans as Virginia Tech rolls ECU. 7 recruits were in attendance and will likely add to an already impressive recruiting class this year. The game got off on an even kilt, with ECU scoring a FG on their first possession, VT answers with a TD on their first handle. ECU answers with a TD and then the game goes Hokie. VT Scores 3 consecutive TD's before the pirates put up another. Jamar Leach returns the ensuing KO 90 yards for a TD. The next 6 scores belong to VT.

Leach had a great game, 2 tackles, Interception for a TD and a return for a TD.

Defensively the Hokies recorded 4 Int's, and a sack.

The Hokie backs were back in true form, with Minor running for 145 yards on 17 attempts and 2 TD's. Hardy hits pay dirt once on 22 attempts for 154 yards.

This win will likely build momentum for the team as they head into the weeks preceding their bowl game projected currently to be the Gamecocks of South Carolina. This is some much needed confidence for a team who has for the last 4 weeks appeared to be sluggish and not being able to get up for games. The Miami loss likely had something to do with that but after a month it seems the Hokies have put that behind them and are looking to end the season on a high note.

fsuprime
02-11-2011, 11:05 AM
well if ryby is up for it, i can probably play acc title game tonight after papa and jeffH play.

ryby6969
02-11-2011, 11:20 AM
well if ryby is up for it, i can probably play acc title game tonight after papa and jeffH play.

I have to work at 5am tomorrow and have a birthday party after. I can play tomorrow night at like 7pm.

fsuprime
02-11-2011, 11:29 AM
ahhh guess we wont be playing until sunday then, i have a party to attend tomorrow night.

psusnoop
02-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Boooo!!:P

Papa LoneStar
02-11-2011, 12:36 PM
3:30am eastern time on Saturday it is :)

gschwendt
02-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Plus we have Week 15 still yet so we'd have to coordinate that with everyone to get on and recruit.

ryby6969
02-11-2011, 05:26 PM
ahhh guess we wont be playing until sunday then, i have a party to attend tomorrow night.

What is the latest you could play tomorrow?

fsuprime
02-11-2011, 05:45 PM
probably 6ish, maybe 7, but it sounds like with week 15 it may be hard to get everyone done recruiting by then

ryby6969
02-11-2011, 05:47 PM
probably 6ish, maybe 7, but it sounds like with week 15 it may be hard to get everyone done recruiting by then

Ok, we may be able to get it in. I will keep in touch tomorrow.

psusnoop
02-11-2011, 06:27 PM
PSU will recruit tomorrow morning- but I think I'm done till the offseason.

Iron Dragon
02-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Alex McSux finally lived up to his last name: "Mc..Sucks". The freshman QB threw four INTs and fumbled away one carry and helped OU to a disastrous 9 turnovers and a hard blow right in the gut in the Bedlam game, a game the Sooners were 3-0 in under coach ID. This game will be McSux's last, as there will be no way he stays on the roster with three incoming freshman all of at least 3-star caliber.

Blake Turner, the team's original starter, was listed as questionable for the third straight week and did not play, allowing McSux to go a dreadful 1-for-8 with 4 picks and a fumble.

The Sooners lost.

"It was not one of those days you want to remember for certain reasons."

The #1 bright spot was, #1. Brennan Clay surpassed 2500 yards on the ground in the game and blew apart OU records that he had just set a weak ago. The draft scouts have raved over Clay's playmaking ability and overall skill. ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. called Clay "the best playmaker in the draft, noting that Clay could easily be a RB, WR, and a returner in the NFL." Clay is expected to go early in the April NFL draft, and finishes the OU regular season with a tremendous year.

Next up for Mr. Clay is a trip to New York, and in just basically 11 games this season, Clay has put his mark on a tough season for OU.

JeffHCross
02-11-2011, 11:20 PM
A&M keeps the ball for nearly twice as long as Texas, and is able to milk enough clock of the 4th quarter to make the score deceptively close, much like their contest against USC earlier in the season. The Longhorns are held to a season low in points, and presumably a season low in offensive yards as well.

The Aggies stats are artificially boosted by a 62 yard run that came on a 4th and 2 play. For the first time all game, the Texas defense was not in position to stop a Aggie running play, and Mister Jones took the ball 62 yards for a TD. While the Aggies did manage 142 yards rushing for the contest, actually outrushing the Longhorns, it was a titanic struggle all game for the vaunted Aggie rushing. Speedster Ben Malena was only able to manage 25 yards, despite rushing 14 times. Malena entered the game with an 8.5 yard average.

With their hopes for a Top 20 finish all-but-dashed, the Aggies look forward to a few weeks of rest and recuperation before finishing the season with an exhibition game. Recent predictions had the former Big 12 affiliate possible traveling, fittingly, to the Holiday Bowl.

Papa LoneStar
02-11-2011, 11:28 PM
:Texas:

The #1 Longhorns take down the #20 Aggies 31-17 in Austin.

Game Nuggets:

*Aggies had possession of the ball for 20 minutes and 9 seconds

*Longhorns were held to a season-low in points, total yards, AND rushing yards....plus the 17 points allowed was a season high.

*Aggies ran 54 plays, Longhorns ran 37.

Longhorn offense: 0 turnovers

QB Connor Wood, SrRS: 9-11 126 yards 2 TD 0 INT; 1 rushing TD (first action since redshirt freshman year at QB....was our kicker/punter last season....nice way to send him off after McDaniel suffered back spasms vs Oregon)

RB Earl Campbell II, Jr: 19 car 115 yards 1 TD; 1 rec 29 yards 1 TD

Longhorn defense: on the field TOO long....6-13 3rd down conversions allowed....FOUR out of FOUR 4th down conversions allowed....including a 62 yard rushing TD off one of 'em....unacceptable for Longhorn football.

OLB Aaron Benson, SrRS: 11 tackles (2 TFL), 1 sack

DE Jonathan Johnson, FrRS: 5 tackles (3 TFL), 1 pass deflection

Next up: National Championship vs ACC Champ or TCU....stay tuned.