PDA

View Full Version : Year Three - Week 8

JBHuskers
01-25-2011, 09:41 PM
We have advanced! Good job in getting this week in quick.

No user games this week, but everyone has a game.

Deadline is Friday night, but I won't be home to advance, so I will probably advance Saturday afternoon.

Solidice
01-26-2011, 01:08 PM
#5 Maryland wins big on the road against Notre Dame in the pouring rain 38-3. Defense was big reason for the win, holding Notre Dame to 3 points, 139 total offensive yards, 7 first downs, and forcing 3 turnovers.

Maryland's offense started out slow and never really made any big plays, but a slow and steady offense was enough to get a big win. Their offense also kept the ball out of Notre Dame's offense hands with long drives, one of which was a 17 play, 80 yards, 7:02 drive in the 4th quarter to close the game out. Porzl and Douglas both had 18 carries and 1 TD each, Porzel had 100 yards while Douglas had 78.FB Haroon Brown had 2 carries 3 yards and 1 TD. Danny O'Brien was 15/21 153 yards 2 Tds.

Player of the game ended up being LE David Mackall, 1 solo tackle 2 total tackles, 1 sack, 2 FF, 1 FR.

HawkFan
01-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Northwestern Wildcat Recruiting Update

EVANSTON, ILL. --For the second time in as many weeks the Northwestern Wildcats have increased next years recruiting class with a solid addition. Once again the Wildcats looked to the offensive side of the ball while recruiting and were able to land themselves a speedy wide receiver who appears to have a bright future. He is.....

WR --[3star] -- Andrew McPherson, 5-11, 164lbs

McPherson is a small wide out with tremendous speed who could step in right away next year and return kicks or help on special teams. While his catching in a crowd leaves a little to be desired, his speed and acceleration more than make up for it. McPherson will start as a wide out, but with a knack for carrying the ball don't be surprised of the Wildcats do not switch him to tailback at some point.

HawkFan
01-27-2011, 01:24 PM
Wildcats Play Downer In Happy Valley

UNIVERSITY PARK, PA. --Coming into this weeks game at #4 Penn State the Northwestern Wildcat coaching staff was not sure which team would show up. Would it be the team of the past few weeks that allowed hardly any yards and even fewer points. Or would it be the team that had been torched twice this year against the likes of Miami and Virginia Tech. I guess you could say it was a combination of both, as #24 Northwestern would defeat #4 Penn State 34-33 in a game with lots of fireworks.

Penn State would come out of the gates like a house on fire behind tailback Clint Dukes who would rush for 213 yards on the day and three touchdowns. The good thing for the Wildcats is their tailback senior Arby Fields who would rush for 264 yards and four touchdowns on the day. Even with that great performance the Wildcats saw themselves down 27-13 late in the second quarter. With the way their defense had been playing giving the ball back to Penn State after the half without scoring would have been handing the #4 team in the country a 21 point lead. Thankfully for the Cats they would piece together a 74 yard drive as time expired in the second quarter to be only down seven at the half.

Coming out of the lockeroom to start the second half Northwestern knew it's defense was going to have to step it up and they did. The Cats would not allow a single Penn State point in the third quarter and find themselves tied 27-27 heading to the fourth quarter on the strength of a two yard touchdown run by Arby Fields.

The start of the fourth quarter saw both teams trade punts. Finally Penn State got the drive they were looking for as Newsome connected with Brown from 23 yards out with 4:57 left, but the extra point was no good so the Lions found themselves clinging to a six point lead. Northwestern would take the kick and quickly move down field behind the tandem of Fields and Forcier, and with 3:24 left on the clock Tate Forcier would plunge over the goaline from 8 yards out to give the Cats a 34-33 lead, a lead they would never relinquish.

Northwestern improves to 5-2 (4-0) and now must travel to Wisconsin next week to continue a brutal stretch of must win game in the Big Ten is they hope to keep their conference title hopes alive.

Northwestern Team Stats

First Downs --19
Total Offense --461
Rush Yards --372
Pass Yards --89
Turnovers --2

Penn State Team Stats

First Downs --16
Total Offense --455
Rush Yards --242
Pass Yards --213
Turnovers --0

Northwestern Individual Stats

Forcier -- 5-14, 89 yds, 2 Int -- 11 rush, 74 yards, td
A. Fields -- 28att, 264 yds, 4 td
Jones -- 2 rec, 37 yds
Nagel -- 2 rec, 33 yds
Fleming -- 10 Tackles

Penn State Individual Stats

Newsome -- 13-20, 213yds, td
Dukes -- 24 att, 224yds, 3td
Brown -- 4 rec, 100yds, td
Drake -- 3 rec, 60yds,
Mauti -- 9 tackles, 3 tfl

HawkFan
01-27-2011, 01:25 PM
JB your game is the last one we have for the week.

JBHuskers
01-27-2011, 01:33 PM
JB your game is the last one we have for the week.

Wow that was quick, I will play tonight and advance then! For some reason I'm not getting an e-mail that says I'm last to advance.

JBHuskers
01-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Wow that was quick, I will play tonight and advance then! For some reason I'm not getting an e-mail that says I'm last to advance.

Looks like I'm not getting any e-mails again....I'll have to look at it and reset.

lilheavy
01-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Looks like I'm not getting any e-mails again....I'll have to look at it and reset.

The emails seem to be coming in slow latelty. I just got an email for week 9 in another dynasty and we are in week 11 as of this morning.

HawkFan
01-27-2011, 06:20 PM
The emails seem to be coming in slow latelty. I just got an email for week 9 in another dynasty and we are in week 11 as of this morning.

What he said +1000, the dynasty I am commish in with my brothers I have been getting the emails but way late.

JBHuskers
01-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Definitely appreciate the heads up then since the e-mails aren't working right. I'm going to play here in a few.

xRomo9
01-27-2011, 11:02 PM
I had to play my game twice again :smh:. I won like 24-17 1st game and I was loading highlights a taking more in game photos and it froze on me:confused: , so I played again and it ended up 70- 40 something . I was so pissed :mad:I played a perfect game in the 1st one and then in the 2nd the QB on the other team threw 6-7td's went :reeses: to pieces crazy ... :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: It was a entertaining game..