PDA

View Full Version : For All The Star Wars Nerds Out There

Pages : [1] 2

psuexv
01-07-2011, 03:41 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Complete-Episodes-Blu-ray/dp/B003ZSJ212/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294435423&sr=8-1

:popcorn::)):nod::):drool:

Pre-ordered mine already... absolutely pumped.

JeffHCross
01-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Probably going to wait until I find more details on the extras. Don't want to pay for just a Blu-ray version of the DVDs I already have.

Rudy
01-08-2011, 06:43 AM
My Star Wars nerdness seems to have worn off after stomaching the new trilogy. I do think the Star Wars movies are more popular when you are younger. I won't be getting the Blu Ray versions unless my kids become fans.

morsdraconis
01-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Not self respecting Star Wars nerd would want those three shitty prequels...

JeffHCross
01-08-2011, 03:58 PM
RotS was quality (well, except for a few scenes), so I'd be willing to get the original trilogy plus RotS. It's the extras that'll decide if I even get this at all.

psuexv
01-10-2011, 10:24 AM
RotS was quality (well, except for a few scenes), so I'd be willing to get the original trilogy plus RotS. It's the extras that'll decide if I even get this at all.

Yeah I could care less about episodes I and II. But I did like Sith. I'd have to rank them Jedi, Empire, Sith, New Hope, Clone, Phantom.

Rudy
01-10-2011, 03:56 PM
5,4,6,1,3,2 are my order

morsdraconis
01-10-2011, 04:32 PM
5, 6, 4--ginormous gap--3, 2, 1 are my order

JeffHCross
01-11-2011, 12:23 AM
4,5,6 ... and 4 and 5 are close. 3's decently close to 6 ... I've liked RotJ a lot less as I've grown older. And RotS was practically everything I wanted from the prequels, minus a few scenes.

Rudy
01-11-2011, 05:41 AM
4 and 5 are definitely close for me too. Easily the two best in the franchise. I do like Jedi but the Ewoks are the big negative for me. Kids might like them but they are a downgrade in my ratings because of it.

psuexv
01-11-2011, 08:57 AM
So what does everyone think caused 1,2, and 3 to be so bad? The special effects are great, the fight scenes are awesome, the story lines are decent... but they just don't feel right.

For me I think it's the fact that they are not the originals. I think there is just too much difference between the style of movies. I think if he would have made the same movies but did them back in the early 80s they would have been a lot better.

HawkFan
01-11-2011, 09:17 AM
So what does everyone think caused 1,2, and 3 to be so bad? The special effects are great, the fight scenes are awesome, the story lines are decent... but they just don't feel right.

For me I think it's the fact that they are not the originals. I think there is just too much difference between the style of movies. I think if he would have made the same movies but did them back in the early 80s they would have been a lot better.

What he said.

morsdraconis
01-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Not enough space. Too much land based blah.

That, and they couldn't have possibly chosen a worse actor to play Anakin.

How can three movies named Star Wars, barely have anything in space for all three of them? I mean, A New Hope has more space happenings than all three the prequels combined.

Rudy
01-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Not enough space. Too much land based blah.

That, and they couldn't have possibly chosen a worse actor to play Anakin.

How can three movies named Star Wars, barely have anything in space for all three of them? I mean, A New Hope has more space happenings than all three the prequels combined.

Hayden Christen's performance in episode II has to be the worst acting performance in the history of movies. I just can't stomach watching that movie because of him.

I think a big reason the new trilogy failed to impress me is that the technology got so good. Lucas could finally make the movie that matched his imagination so he spent all of his time just thinking of tons of ships he could make (and sell as toys) and put all his energy into CGI and the action scenes. The old movies has old school technology so he was forced to spend more time on the characters and dialogue and they ended up better. Seriously, what character was good in the new trilogy? I didn't like Ewan McGregor at all and Hayden Christenson sucks as Annakin. That really hurt the movie. The original characters, particularly Han Solo, were so much more interesting.

psuexv
01-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Rudy what are you talking about? This is some of the best acting that I've seen - "they're like animals, and I slaughter them like animals"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCw127qWhuU

psuexv
01-12-2011, 09:00 AM
The funny thing is I don't think he's a terrible actor but he did do a terrible job in these movies. I honestly think it was too much pressure for him. I don't know if anyone has seen Jumper but his acting skills were nowhere near as bad as here.

Rudy
01-12-2011, 07:25 PM
I liked Jumper despite it's 6% Rotten Tomatoes rating at the time. I agree that Hayden didn't do a bad job in that movie although he'll never be known as a great actor. He was really bad in episode 2 because I think it was his first acting gig. Combine that with horrible George Lucas dialogue and you get one of the worst all time performances.

It's funny that many consider Empire Strikes Back to be the best movie and Lucas had very little to do with that movie. In fact he considers it a complete failure because the director went way over budget (I think it ended up costing $30 million and was supposed to be $20 million).

morsdraconis
01-12-2011, 08:55 PM
It's funny that many consider Empire Strikes Back to be the best movie and Lucas had very little to do with that movie. In fact he considers it a complete failure because the director went way over budget (I think it ended up costing $30 million and was supposed to be $20 million).

Makes perfect sense in my mind. The writing was by far the best in Empire when compared to the other 5.

JeffHCross
01-13-2011, 04:53 PM
So what does everyone think caused 1,2, and 3 to be so bad? The special effects are great, the fight scenes are awesome, the story lines are decent... but they just don't feel right.wat?

The story of I and II couldn't compare to the originals. III was good ... it deserved the Star Wars label, II did ... once the Genosis scenes started ... and I did not, at all. Duel of the Fates is the only redeeming thing about Episode I.

I made the argument years ago that Episode I would have been a good, but not great, movie if it hadn't been a "Star Wars" movie. If the Original Trilogy had never been released, then Episode I would have been considered much better than it was. The primary problem for I was the level of expectations. It could never have reached the level we wanted it to.

The other problem with the Prequel Trilogy, imo, is that George Lucas directed all three. I don't believe Empire would have been nearly as good as it was if Kershner had not directed it. I've also wondered if the Prequels would have been better if someone else had written the screenplay based on Lucas's story ... like ESB, again.

Gary Kurtz also left producing the Star Wars movies after ESB. I think that's another reason why ESB was the peak of the series.

EDIT: Can you tell I've thought about this question before? ;)

hillbill
01-14-2011, 01:12 PM
My two kids (8 and 5) are hooked on all six movies. Growing up with the original trilogy, I couldn't have been more disappointed in Episode 1 when it was released. For me it was bad because of (1) the screenplay was horrible, (2) the acting was lame and (3) Jar Jar Binks. Ugh. I will say that as the other two were released, they got much better each time.

Now after watching all of these 6 movies at various points with my kids (when it's on, I can't help but watch), I've really grown to like Revenge of the Sith, except as mentioned, Hayden Christian really just blew as Anakin.

Back to the original post, I'd really like to own the Blu Rays as well but will probably wait a couple years for it to come down in price.

psuexv
01-17-2011, 12:06 PM
wat?

The story of I and II couldn't compare to the originals. III was good ... it deserved the Star Wars label, II did ... once the Genosis scenes started ... and I did not, at all. Duel of the Fates is the only redeeming thing about Episode I.

See I think the story of Phantom was actually pretty good. Now I agree that it failed in acting, dialogue and not meeting up to expectations and was my least favorite of the 6, but I think it had the potential to be good. But the fact of how the Emperor manipulated everybody and rose to power I thought was a really good plot line. I did think the "how they found" Anakin could have been better, though.

JeffHCross
01-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Oh, absolutely. The story of I had some good points ... but overall, TPM didn't match up to the rest. Too many convenient plot-points. It was almost made-for-TV worthy, in terms of the number of shamefully convenient moments.

Not to mention the number of continuity holes that opened up in the canon ... oy ...

JeffHCross
05-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Alright, the Blu-Rays have almost won me over. Specifically all the extras, which is what I was waiting to find out about.

http://maythe4th.starwars.com/?CO=us-en has the full details.

· DISC SEVEN – NEW! STAR WARS ARCHIVES: EPISODES I-III

o Including: deleted, extended and alternate scenes; prop, maquette and costume turnarounds; matte paintings and concept art; supplementary interviews with cast and crew; a flythrough of the Lucasfilm Archives and more

· DISC EIGHT – NEW! STAR WARS ARCHIVES: EPISODES IV-VI

o Including: deleted, extended and alternate scenes; prop, maquette and costume turnarounds; matte paintings and concept art; supplementary interviews with cast and crew; and more

· DISC NINE – THE STAR WARS DOCUMENTARIES

o NEW! Star Warriors (2007, Color, Apx. 84 Minutes) – Some Star Wars fans want to collect action figures…these fans want to be action figures! A tribute to the 501st Legion, a global organization of Star Wars costume enthusiasts, this insightful documentary shows how the super-fan club promotes interest in the films through charity and volunteer work at fundraisers and high-profile special events around the world.

o NEW! A Conversation with the Masters: The Empire Strikes Back 30 Years Later (2010, Color, Apx. 25 Minutes) – George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Lawrence Kasdan and John Williams look back on the making of The Empire Strikes Back in this in-depth retrospective from Lucasfilm created to help commemorate the 30th anniversary of the movie. The masters discuss and reminisce about one of the most beloved films of all time.

o NEW! Star Wars Spoofs (2011, Color, Apx. 91 Minutes) – The farce is strong with this one! Enjoy a hilarious collection of Star Wars spoofs and parodies that have been created over the years, including outrageous clips from Family Guy, The Simpsons, How I Met Your Mother and more — and don’t miss “Weird Al” Yankovic’s one-of-a-kind music video tribute to The Phantom Menace!

o The Making of Star Wars (1977, Color, Apx. 49 Minutes) – Learn the incredible behind-the-scenes story of how the original Star Wars movie was brought to the big screen in this fascinating documentary hosted by C-3PO and R2-D2. Includes interviews with George Lucas and appearances by Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher.

o The Empire Strikes Back: SPFX (1980, Color, Apx. 48 Minutes) – Learn the secrets of making movies in a galaxy far, far away. Hosted by Mark Hamill, this revealing documentary offers behind-the-scenes glimpses into the amazing special effects that transformed George Lucas’ vision for Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back into reality!

o Classic Creatures: Return of the Jedi (1983, Color, Apx. 48 Minutes) – Go behind the scenes — and into the costumes — as production footage from Return of the Jedi is interspersed with vintage monster movie clips in this in-depth exploration of the painstaking techniques utilized by George Lucas to create the classic creatures and characters seen in the film. Hosted and narrated by Carrie Fisher and Billie Dee Williams.

o Anatomy of a Dewback (1997, Color, Apx. 26 Minutes) – See how some of the special effects in Star Wars became even more special two decades later! George Lucas explains and demonstrates how his team transformed the original dewback creatures from immovable rubber puppets (in the original 1977 release) to seemingly living, breathing creatures for the Star Wars 1997 Special Edition update.

o Star Wars Tech (2007, Color, Apx. 46 Minutes) – Exploring the technical aspects of Star Wars vehicles, weapons and gadgetry, Star Wars Tech consults leading scientists in the fields of physics, prosthetics, lasers, engineering and astronomy to examine the plausibility of Star Wars technology based on science as we know it today.

jaymo76
05-05-2011, 12:08 AM
The Empire Stikes Back... one of the best freaking movies ever. I could watch it every day and not tire of it. Pt 1-3 however, never need to see them again.

ram29jackson
05-05-2011, 12:15 AM
I've seen everyone.

and I still say ,youre all dweebs....

JeffHCross
05-06-2011, 11:02 PM
and I still say ,youre all dweebs....What part of enjoying something makes one a "dweeb", Mr. Teambuilder? ;) I'm a sci-fi geek, you're a Teambuilder geek. :nod:

ram29jackson
05-07-2011, 12:54 AM
What part of enjoying something makes one a "dweeb", Mr. Teambuilder? ;) I'm a sci-fi geek, you're a Teambuilder geek. :nod:

:P ok, as long as youre not one of these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zWNJHS9PBE

DariusLock
05-07-2011, 12:59 PM
I liked Attack of the Clones ok and RotS was pretty good. Little Anakin Skywalker and pod racing just sucked tho. I liked Darth Maul in the video though. Also if anyone is a MMO player are you going to be playing Star Wars: The Old Republic?

JeffHCross
05-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Also if anyone is a MMO player are you going to be playing Star Wars: The Old Republic?:nod: :nod: :nod:

It'll finally give me the incentive to fix my computer.

jaymo76
05-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Just watched Star Wars episode one on spike... I love 4-6 but #1.... just awful. Lucas needs a mulligan on that one!

JeffHCross
08-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Damnit, I'm getting even closer to buying these ...

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/starwarsbds/preview.html

Fair warning, if you start Googling some of the things mentioned in that preview (like a certain glitch), you'll find a lot more about the problems with SW (from a film aficionado perspective) than you'll probably ever want to know. Some of the "problems" mentioned with the DVDs is almost enough to make me buy the Blu-ray just to get (hopefully) "better" quality.

NatureBoy
08-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Ole George won't be getting my money this time around. I can't begin to tell you how many times i've bought the Star Wars saga on VHS and DVD. Besides, i've seen 4-6 to death. I was ZZZZZZZZZZ, II was meh. III was the best Star Wars movie since The Emipre Strikes Back. If I had it my way, I and II would have been one movie. Make III the second movie and have the 3rd movie showing Vader kicking all kinds of ass. That would have been a great set of films.

JBHuskers
08-24-2011, 09:36 PM
The R2D2 360 Console won't be out in time for the holidays either...just announced today I think.

NatureBoy
09-01-2011, 08:39 PM
:fp::rolleyes::down: George is at it again....

Nooo! George Lucas Makes More Changes to Original Trilogy. (http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/nooo-george-lucas-makes-more-changes-original-trilogy-191605319.html)

SmoothPancakes
09-01-2011, 09:58 PM
:fp:

morsdraconis
09-01-2011, 10:27 PM
I really hate George Lucas. He's a fuckin' hack. Just like Ridley Scott. They turn great material into ok material and suck at anything that normally wouldn't be completely amazing.

NatureBoy
09-02-2011, 08:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBP_U5VAB-Q&feature=player_embedded

:D:D:D:D

JeffHCross
09-02-2011, 11:22 PM
:fp::rolleyes::down: George is at it again....

Nooo! George Lucas Makes More Changes to Original Trilogy. (http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/nooo-george-lucas-makes-more-changes-original-trilogy-191605319.html)Sigh. And that's almost enough to make me not buy the Blu-rays at all. I'd heard that it was a new scene, and I didn't mind that idea ... but adding a totally unnecessary line? Sigh.

It's Han Shoots First all over again.

JeffHCross
09-09-2011, 08:57 PM
And now I'm back on the "maybe I'll get it" side.

You may have already seen the deleted scene posted at Entertainment Weekly yesterday. We got to see that one and a whole lot more footage that's never been released before. Without giving it all away, we encourage you to go straight to these scenes when you first get the disc. But be warned that you'll need more than 40 hours of viewing time to get through all of the special features on Star Wars: The Complete Saga. That's a lot of special features. And I love special features.

JBHuskers
09-11-2011, 12:31 AM
I'm not a big fan, but I wanna at least get ep. 4,5, & 6 on Blu.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DariusLock
09-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Jeff we're gonna have to start up a guild in SW:TOR.

JeffHCross
09-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Jeff we're gonna have to start up a guild in SW:TOR.I'd be interested, but it'll probably be quite a while until I get TOR. My current PC can't run it, and I don't have the time to fix my gaming PC right now.

DariusLock
09-12-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm not freaking out to get it on launch day. Comes out in November I think.

JBHuskers
09-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Looks like you can get 4-6 as a package apart from all six movies....I might go that route eventually when it's $20 or something.

JeffHCross
09-12-2011, 08:13 PM
EDIT: Never mind, didn't realize you were talking about the game again :D

morsdraconis
09-12-2011, 10:00 PM
I wish I was more interesting in MMOs, but I just find them tedious and boring.

baseballplyrmvp
09-12-2011, 10:28 PM
I wish I was more interesting in MMOs, but I just find them tedious and boring.

isnt that a personal issue?

morsdraconis
09-12-2011, 10:43 PM
isnt that a personal issue?

:(

GatorfanStovy
09-16-2011, 08:24 PM
I will be stoke for TOR but does any one know if there will be a option a yearly subscription for it or just monthly?

JeffHCross
09-17-2011, 11:16 AM
I will be stoke for TOR but does any one know if there will be a option a yearly subscription for it or just monthly?I haven't heard any official statements on the TOR subscription model, one way or another.

psusnoop
12-08-2011, 01:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0FiIJXfoK8

JBHuskers
12-08-2011, 02:29 PM
holy shit :fp: :D

morsdraconis
12-08-2011, 11:25 PM
:smh:

I fuckin' hate humanity...

gschwendt
04-04-2012, 09:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4OnDizZ7UT0

http://img.gawkerassets.com/post/9/2012/04/fett_loop3_1.gif

steelerfan
04-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Shouldn't the title of this thread be "For Eric and Jeff"? :dunno:

;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

psuexv
04-04-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm buying an Xbox!!!! Jeff you in?

DariusLock
04-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Jeff did you ever play TOR? I played the beta and gave up...my lap top is too choppy running it.

JeffHCross
04-04-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm buying an Xbox!!!! Jeff you in?Oh fuck no, not for that crap. If I had kids, maybe. But for myself? No way.

Jeff did you ever play TOR? I played the beta and gave up...my lap top is too choppy running it.Nah. My PC is an utter piece of crap and I'm being way too lazy to upgrade it / fix the broken PCs I have.

psuexv
04-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Oh fuck no, not for that crap. If I had kids, maybe. But for myself? No way.

Come on Jeff. This could be us :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAl-ZyI8R5Y

baseballplyrmvp
05-04-2012, 09:45 AM
hope everyone has a great star wars day, today.

may the fourth be with you.

psuexv
05-04-2012, 09:47 AM
hope everyone has a great star wars day, today.

may the fourth be with you.

I think I've located the rebal bass :)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-K8vNDygRG2A/T6OtqiNXo7I/AAAAAAAAF-M/kZ-dkodszJg/w497-h373/Rebel%2BBass.jpg

JBHuskers
05-04-2012, 09:58 AM
I'm not a big Star Wars fan, but I think that bass is badass.

JBHuskers
05-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Happy Star Wars Day

http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/c_3po_r2_d2_swimsuits_by_blackmilk.jpg

baseballplyrmvp
05-04-2012, 10:14 AM
is that a photo from star whores: the parody?

SmoothPancakes
05-04-2012, 10:17 AM
is that a photo from star whores: the parody?

Nah, it's from Star Whores Episode II: Attack of the Bones.

steelerfan
05-04-2012, 10:23 AM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

psuexv
05-04-2012, 10:31 AM

steelerfan
05-04-2012, 10:59 AM

psuexv
05-04-2012, 11:04 AM

steelerfan
05-04-2012, 11:21 AM

JBHuskers
05-04-2012, 11:42 AM
.....and you call me a post whore :fp: :smh: :easy: :sf:

morsdraconis
05-04-2012, 12:05 PM
I know right?

steelerfan
05-04-2012, 12:20 PM
.....and you call me a post whore :fp: :smh: :easy: :sf:

16k >>> 6k

JBHuskers
05-04-2012, 12:20 PM
http://pixelatedgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/r2d2hotness.jpg

psuexv
05-04-2012, 12:22 PM
http://www.beertripper.com/OffTopic/g4/Olivia-Munn-Princess_Leia-X2.jpg

JBHuskers
05-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Nice bruise on the chick on the right :D

DariusLock
05-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Chick on the left and that tattoo girl JB posted make me wanna start going to Star Wars conventions. Which character do you think would get me the most ass?

Vader
Han Solo
or
Chewie?

psuexv
05-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Chick on the left and that tattoo girl JB posted make me wanna start going to Star Wars conventions. Which character do you think would get me the most ass?

Chick on the left is Olivia Munn :nod:

JBHuskers
05-04-2012, 02:30 PM

Vader
Han Solo
or
Chewie?

JarJar Binks

DariusLock
05-04-2012, 02:39 PM
I'd get turned down so fast as JarJar. I'm being serious...I'll dress up go to one of these things. I'll try to get as much poon as I can and come back to TGT with pics.

Real suggestions start.......NOW!

psuexv
05-04-2012, 02:40 PM
I'd get turned down so fast as JarJar. I'm being serious...I'll dress up go to one of these things. I'll try to get as much poon as I can and come back to TGT with pics.

Real suggestions start.......NOW!

Go as this guy

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120210001609/bigbangtheory/images/a/a1/The-Hofstadter-Isotope-2x20-the-big-bang-theory-5602027-1280-720.jpg

steelerfan
05-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Here's a good one...

http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-321c-93f1.jpg

steelerfan
05-04-2012, 02:55 PM
You could also go as this guy (depending on what age/gender you're aiming for)...

http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-3433-3161.jpg

SmoothPancakes
05-04-2012, 02:56 PM
:D :D :D

Goddamn, thank god I swallowed the drink of water I just took as the page was loading up.

psuexv
05-04-2012, 02:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBh895KdXAU

morsdraconis
05-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Sadly, there are some entirely too hot women that go to that shit. You literally just have to dress up like Han and you'll get tail like crazy. I have a friend that goes to that shit all the time and gets laid left and right and he's not exactly a looker or anything.

psuexv
05-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Sadly, there are some entirely too hot women that go to that shit. You literally just have to dress up like Han and you'll get tail like crazy. I have a friend that goes to that shit all the time and gets laid left and right and he's not exactly a looker or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2W5rYDSUrY&feature=player_detailpage#t=100s

DariusLock
05-04-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm not fat guys, can't pull that off. I also have a head full of hair and I'm better looking :(.

JeffHCross
05-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Less talking, more pictures of Olivia Munn as Leia.

http://www.moviespad.com/photos/olivia-munn-leia-d633e.jpg
http://ps4net.com/wp-content/images/olivia-munn---princess-leia/resize_image-16.jpg
http://www.beertripper.com/OffTopic/g4/Olivia_Munn_Star_Wars/Olivia_Munn_as_Leia_striking.jpg
http://www.tacticalfanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Olivia_Munn_Princess_Leia.jpg

Side note, I'm shocked you didn't know/recognize her, JB.

entirely too hot womenI'm not familiar with this concept of "too hot".

baseballplyrmvp
05-04-2012, 09:34 PM
http://pixelatedgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/r2d2hotness.jpgugh, tats are a big turnoff for me.

JeffHCross
05-04-2012, 10:13 PM
ugh, tats are a big turnoff for me.Tats will never be something I'm attracted to, nor would I be likely to be with a girl (meaning significant other) that had extensive tattoos. That said, some girls make them look good.

JBHuskers
05-05-2012, 03:28 AM
Well they don't turn me off. Just look at my Facebook profile picture :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

SmoothPancakes
05-05-2012, 04:45 AM
Welcome to Revenge of the Fifth (which is also something that happens on :sf: nights).

jaymo76
05-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Welcome to Revenge of the Fifth (which is also something that happens on :sf: nights).

Regardless of the event, always remember to be safe... :fp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsSIpDK16c4

JeffHCross
05-05-2012, 10:57 PM

JBHuskers
05-06-2012, 11:16 AM
:D

SmoothPancakes
05-25-2012, 05:44 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/481050_461043587258433_205344452828349_100711453_2 06998596_n.jpg

:nod:

Deuce
05-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Awesome!

ram29jackson
05-25-2012, 05:55 PM
You could also go as this guy (depending on what age/gender you're aiming for)...

http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-3433-3161.jpg

excuse me ? huh ? I never noticed this till now...obviously because I'm not a Star Wars geek..unless olivia munn is around

steelerfan
05-25-2012, 06:54 PM
excuse me ? huh ? I never noticed this till now...obviously because I'm not a Star Wars geek..unless olivia munn is around

:D:D:D

http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-1b92-7e41.jpg

Shit, ram, I even forgot about that post. Thanks for the reminder! :D:D:D

JeffHCross
05-26-2012, 08:54 AM
unless olivia munn is aroundWell, I can't blame you for that, at least.

JeffHCross
05-29-2012, 07:25 PM
http://gallery.mailchimp.com/081ab6987c4223b89e88280f7/images/NewsLetter.44.jpg

http://www.nowherebad.com/

ram29jackson
05-29-2012, 10:33 PM
I thought it was more like phew phew phew

SmoothPancakes
05-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Are we seriously sitting here debating the sounds effects (and their worded descriptions) of a Star Wars blaster? :D :fp:

ram29jackson
05-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Are we seriously sitting here debating the sounds effects (and their worded descriptions) of a Star Wars blaster? :D :fp:

debating = yes..more like compare/contrast actually

seriously = no

baseballplyrmvp
05-29-2012, 11:27 PM
we have the portal 2 toy guns at the place that i work. want me to test it out to see what it sounds like and see if its close to the game? :D

JeffHCross
05-30-2012, 07:00 PM
I thought it was more like phew phew phewAccording to the Internet, all shooting of lasers, regardless of series, video game, or strength of blast, is "pew".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pew%20pew

JBHuskers
05-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Shoot first. Ask questions later.

ram29jackson
05-30-2012, 08:14 PM
According to the Internet, all shooting of lasers, regardless of series, video game, or strength of blast, is "pew".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pew%20pew

its spelled pew but is pronounced phew :D

baseballplyrmvp
05-30-2012, 08:24 PM
its spelled pew but is pronounced phew :D is it bad that i'm pronouncing these words, while trying to get them to sound like a blaster?

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 05:15 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/532965_469820776380714_1879574825_n.jpg

morsdraconis
06-05-2012, 05:33 PM

JeffHCross
06-05-2012, 07:17 PM
At least Hamill's been in something since then (albeit video games and animated series). Can't say that for some of the others.

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 07:20 PM
At least Hamill's been in something since then (albeit video games and animated series). Can't say that for some of the others.http://www.starwarped.net/files/other-roles/Mark-Hamill/Jay-and-Silent-Bob-Strike-Back-Cocknocker-9.jpg

morsdraconis
06-05-2012, 07:36 PM
http://www.starwarped.net/files/other-roles/Mark-Hamill/Jay-and-Silent-Bob-Strike-Back-Cocknocker-9.jpg

:nod:

BEST Hamill character EVER!

Deuce
06-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Good ole Cocknocker.

JeffHCross
06-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Are we seriously sitting here debating the sounds effects (and their worded descriptions) of a Star Wars blaster? :D :fp:http://cdn.leasticoulddo.com/comics/20120608.gif

credit: Least I Could Do (http://leasticoulddo.com/)

psusnoop
06-11-2012, 08:40 AM
Jeff's next bed?

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/832213/82593798.jpg

JeffHCross
06-11-2012, 08:35 PM
That is both awesome and horrifying.

ram29jackson
06-11-2012, 11:54 PM
wheres the R2D2 dresser drawers ?

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2012, 01:29 PM
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/532884_474327089263416_1556960373_n.jpg

Deuce
06-12-2012, 01:31 PM
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/532884_474327089263416_1556960373_n.jpg

:D :D

JBHuskers
06-12-2012, 04:31 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/chewy.jpg

baseballplyrmvp
06-12-2012, 07:55 PM
:D:D:D:D:D

JeffHCross
06-14-2012, 08:49 PM
http://www.shoeboxblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/star-wars-texting.jpg

JeffHCross
06-14-2012, 11:10 PM
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/532884_474327089263416_1556960373_n.jpgWas. Not. The. Line.

Seriously, that was what popped in my head. After laughter.

JBHuskers
06-15-2012, 10:04 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/beatlesyoda.jpg

baseballplyrmvp
06-15-2012, 10:14 AM
http://i.qkme.me/35ffzp.jpg

SCClassof93
06-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Surprised no one has used this in the gif only thread :D

http://forums.azbilliards.com//attachment.php?attachmentid=81270&d=1226549041

SCClassof93
06-16-2012, 02:25 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/JTman1014/unemployment.jpg

baseballplyrmvp
06-16-2012, 03:25 PM
http://www.stuffistumbledupon.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Star-Wars-Meme-Yoda-Graduation-Photo-Pic-Young-Yoda.jpg

SCClassof93
06-29-2012, 06:22 AM
Not self respecting Star Wars nerd would want those three shitty prequels...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJlbPXZEpRE&feature=player_embedded#!

psusnoop
07-02-2012, 06:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_CCp6QM0mM

JeffHCross
07-02-2012, 09:04 PM
A Power Ranger and lightsaber in the same video? Win!

JBHuskers
07-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Got this from the Suicide Girls Facebook page. I'd gladly go to the dark side for her.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/darthss.jpg

souljahbill
07-13-2012, 12:36 PM
I see your shwartz is as big as mine!

JBHuskers
07-13-2012, 12:39 PM

jaymo76
07-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Got this from the Suicide Girls Facebook page. I'd gladly go to the dark side for her.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/darthss.jpg

I'm fairly sure this girl would hurt me...

SmoothPancakes
07-13-2012, 01:01 PM

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Gifs/schwartz.gif

skipwondah33
07-13-2012, 01:26 PM

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/darthss.jpgHere are some more "up close and personal" pictures

http://suicidegirls.com/girls/Missy/albums/site/24873/

SCClassof93
07-13-2012, 05:15 PM
http://forums.azbilliards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=171716&stc=1&d=1297890257

JBHuskers
07-16-2012, 04:30 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/r2d2.jpg

ram29jackson
07-16-2012, 04:31 PM
so true :D

R2 D2 the censored rap album

SCClassof93
07-29-2012, 08:25 AM
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2011/10/20/63051d82-1c6e-477b-b4c1-e5313082fa35_thumb.jpeg

baseballplyrmvp
07-29-2012, 09:25 AM

JBHuskers
07-30-2012, 09:51 AM
Wow. :D

JBHuskers
08-01-2012, 10:02 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/meetluke.jpg

JeffHCross
08-04-2012, 08:41 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3cmwe6xw41qkfikoo1_500.jpg

SCClassof93
08-06-2012, 08:18 AM
http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx133/travsimp/Funny/404306_243793005694749_126894987384552_564721_6836 1882_n.jpg

psuexv
08-16-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm tempted to go pick this up
http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/zip/3208132483.html

Have the coolest toy in your neighborhood! Approximately 1/3 scale TIE Fighter. 8x8x8 feet but breaks down into 5 pieces for easy transport in a pickup or can haul partially assembled (except for the top half of the wings) on a trailer. Wheeled casters make it easy to move once assembled. Laser cannons are set to fire standard party poppers. Well built out of 3/4 plywood with the wings sheeted in cardboard. Tested to hold over 300 pounds. Cockpit is 38 inches by 38 inches and my 5ft tall son comfortably sits inside.

For those of you wondering: I built it for our Church's AWANA annual Drive-Inn movie night. It is a father/child project where the younger kids take cardboard and build a "car" to sit in and eat popcorn and watch a movie. We kind-of go over the top every year. We built an X-Wing 2 years ago so we needed a Tie Fighter. I didn't have plans, just a sketch pad and ideas in my head. I used this to teach my 9th grader how to use the Pythagorean Theorem and get some practical application to algebra as helped build this for his younger siblings. All the edges to the body panels are 22.5 degrees. The main panels are 16x24, the front and rear panels off those are 16x12, all birch plywood. The wing struts are boxed 8 inches wide, plywood, 30 inches long. They are attached with Simpson 90 degree gussets and re-enforced with 2x2s. The lower half of the wings are 2x4 sheeted in cardboard. The upper half are 1x2 sheeted in cardboard. The wing to strut connection is a compression fitting design. My son has recently grown up and no longer have any use for this... First one to call and come pick it up gets it. . My name is valter.

http://images.craigslist.org/5If5G15Mb3E73J13p3c8f6d29b149eeff1344.jpg

JBHuskers
08-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Free?

psuexv
08-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Free?

Yep, just need to pick it up

JBHuskers
08-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Ummmmmm.....yeeeeeah.

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2012716/DarthVader550.jpg

SCClassof93
08-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Ummmmmm.....yeeeeeah.

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2012716/DarthVader550.jpg

http://static.tumblr.com/zytwrot/Bj6m659mp/loser.gif

JBHuskers
08-26-2012, 11:32 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/catstarwars.jpg

SCClassof93
08-28-2012, 04:35 PM
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2012/8/27/ee8f7687-41ae-4a23-8afb-925c840e4867.jpg

gschwendt
09-10-2012, 12:52 PM
http://outkickthecoverage.com/tyfoon/site/fckeditor/image/r2d2%20lsu.jpg

http://outkickthecoverage.com/starting-11-sec-blueboods-.php

psuexv
09-10-2012, 01:06 PM
^^^^^^ Awesome

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 03:26 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/callmeyoda_zps12b8083f.jpg

JBHuskers
10-16-2012, 03:52 PM
How bout a iPhone 5 case where Hans Solo is frozen in carbonite?

http://img2.etsystatic.com/006/0/7104108/il_570xN.384720762_td9v.jpg

psuexv
10-16-2012, 04:04 PM
That's freakin awesome!!!!!!!

ram29jackson
10-16-2012, 04:09 PM
one of the original 3 was on Spike last night...Return of the Jedi..I think?

JBHuskers
10-23-2012, 04:05 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/japan.jpg

baseballplyrmvp
10-23-2012, 08:26 PM
i was gonna go as darth vader to a halloween party that a friend of mine is throwing......."good" vader costumes go for like $600.

JBHuskers
10-25-2012, 11:48 PM

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/facebook_-1904129961jpg.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

gschwendt
10-26-2012, 07:27 AM

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/facebook_-1904129961jpg.jpg

No way that's real...

psuexv
10-26-2012, 08:20 AM
No way that's real...

But if it is it's AWESOME

JBHuskers
10-26-2012, 08:38 AM
No way that's real...

Never said they were.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/25/would-you-eat-these-star-wars-pop-tarts

SmoothPancakes
10-30-2012, 03:15 PM
FROM THE ASSOCIATED PRESS: Disney says it is buying "Star Wars" maker Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion from George Lucas.

Disney also is apparently planning to make a new Star Wars movie to be released in 2015 with this purchase.

JBHuskers
10-30-2012, 03:25 PM
FROM THE ASSOCIATED PRESS: Disney says it is buying "Star Wars" maker Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion from George Lucas.

Disney also is apparently planning to make a new Star Wars movie to be released in 2015 with this purchase.

A Pixar verison of the original Star Wars?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8KqJ0KAV-k

CLW
10-30-2012, 03:45 PM

Yeah from what I have read it is going to be a sequel trilogy (Episodes 7-9) to the original trilogy (Episodes 4-6).

SmoothPancakes
10-30-2012, 03:51 PM
Yeah from what I have read it is going to be a sequel trilogy (Episodes 7-9) to the original trilogy (Episodes 4-6).

Ugh. This can't be good. The prequel to the original trilogy (with the exception of Episode 3) sucked horribly. Trying to take the classic and make a sequel to them, this could be disaster in the making.

CLW
10-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Ugh. This can't be good. The prequel to the original trilogy (with the exception of Episode 3) sucked horribly. Trying to take the classic and make a sequel to them, this could be disaster in the making.

I thought Episodes 1-3 were fine. 7-9 can be about whatever he wants it to be. It can be 1 year after the fall of the empire or 5 billion and can nicely continue the story or be so... far removed from the first 6 episodes to have very little to do with the main characters (i.e. they could ALL be LONG dead other than C-3PO and R2-D2)

JeffHCross
10-30-2012, 08:11 PM
FROM THE ASSOCIATED PRESS: Disney says it is buying "Star Wars" maker Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion from George Lucas.My mind. It is blown. Like ... I can't possibly perceive this, what the fuck are they talking about ... blown.

Ugh. This can't be good. The prequel to the original trilogy (with the exception of Episode 3) sucked horribly. Trying to take the classic and make a sequel to them, this could be disaster in the making.Disagree. The prequel trilogy was bad because of the person in charge. And that he was also the director. If Disney is buying him out, I don't see him being the writer or director. Lucas has pretty much said he has zero interest in making 7-9, so ... yeah, I don't see him doing anything more than producing.

If practically any of the authors that have already written Star Wars books had taken control of the prequel trilogy, it would have been considerably better.

Besides, 7-9 are practically already written (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrawn_trilogy).

EDIT: Oh my God, is Disney going to make it rich off this deal. They're also getting ILM and Skywalker Sound. Which means they'll get $$$$ off of practically every movie in production, and cut down on their own production costs (I'm thinking the Marvel movies) as well.

baseballplyrmvp
10-30-2012, 08:56 PM
so what video game company does disney now go to to make a new star wars game? any? or do they still use lucas arts?

ram29jackson
10-30-2012, 09:22 PM
4 billion dollars......so someone else can make crappier versions of a once great movie...I'll take 1 billion, thats enough for my 30 car garage...my man cave could be a whole apartment complex..with strobe lights

SmoothPancakes
10-30-2012, 09:27 PM
My mind. It is blown. Like ... I can't possibly perceive this, what the fuck are they talking about ... blown.

Disagree. The prequel trilogy was bad because of the person in charge. And that he was also the director. If Disney is buying him out, I don't see him being the writer or director. Lucas has pretty much said he has zero interest in making 7-9, so ... yeah, I don't see him doing anything more than producing.

If practically any of the authors that have already written Star Wars books had taken control of the prequel trilogy, it would have been considerably better.

Besides, 7-9 are practically already written (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrawn_trilogy).

EDIT: Oh my God, is Disney going to make it rich off this deal. They're also getting ILM and Skywalker Sound. Which means they'll get $$$$ off of practically every movie in production, and cut down on their own production costs (I'm thinking the Marvel movies) as well.

Well, I'll wait and see. After the abominations (my personal opinion) that were Episodes 1 and 2, I'm hesitant, even with a new person in charge and director.

ram29jackson
10-30-2012, 09:37 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/japan.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJZ9evWLdlM

JeffHCross
10-30-2012, 10:13 PM
so what video game company does disney now go to to make a new star wars game? any? or do they still use lucas arts?The vast majority of recent Star Wars titles haven't been developed by LucasArts. Force Unleashed I & II were, but there's been a lot of third-party licensing (with LucasArts publishing in most cases) since the mid-90s. And I would presume LucasArts is part of the acquisition anyway.

Well, I'll wait and see. After the abominations (my personal opinion) that were Episodes 1 and 2, I'm hesitant, even with a new person in charge and director.I completely agree with that opinion. Episode I doesn't exist in my mind. But I also know where the blame lies. The property itself is still very strong. The Expanded Universe books have been largely good (though less so as-of-late), the Clone Wars TV series is quality. The only things that have not been impressive since 1995 (when the EU really took off) have been the Special Edition changes and Episdoes I & II. One commonality between all those.

JBHuskers
10-31-2012, 01:32 PM
As expected a million memes are being made.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/deathstar.jpg

psuexv
11-01-2012, 12:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tlLiViHkVj4

JeffHCross
11-03-2012, 02:24 PM
That commercial is almost prophetic now. Makes you wonder if they were already in talks.

JBHuskers
11-06-2012, 01:58 PM

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/yodarollin.png

ram29jackson
11-13-2012, 06:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkTQwP2gFxU

JBHuskers
11-23-2012, 09:26 PM

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/facebook_1057433781jpg.jpg

baseballplyrmvp
11-23-2012, 09:41 PM

morsdraconis
11-23-2012, 10:03 PM

jaymo76
11-24-2012, 01:13 PM
I admit it, I'm a Star Wars junkie... BUT... I am also one of the few people not looking forward to Disney starting up the franchise again in 2014/15. Having a goal of a new movie every two years just seems wrong to me. Maybe I will be wrong but right now seeing more movies just doesn't sit right with me.

morsdraconis
11-24-2012, 01:34 PM
I admit it, I'm a Star Wars junkie... BUT... I am also one of the few people not looking forward to Disney starting up the franchise again in 2014/15. Having a goal of a new movie every two years just seems wrong to me. Maybe I will be wrong but right now seeing more movies just doesn't sit right with me.

It's all about who they have writing and directing it and what direction they decide to go with it. There are so many interesting storylines that they could go with after the original trilogy, but if they do something stupid like "It's Han and Leia's kid as well as Luke and whoever's kid meet up and have adventures" I'm going to be highly disappointed.

SmoothPancakes
11-24-2012, 09:00 PM
It's all about who they have writing and directing it and what direction they decide to go with it. There are so many interesting storylines that they could go with after the original trilogy, but if they do something stupid like "It's Han and Leia's kid as well as Luke and whoever's kid meet up and have adventures" I'm going to be highly disappointed.

Just wait for the animated versions to hit theaters.

baseballplyrmvp
11-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Just wait for the animated versions to hit theaters.

the clone wars and the lego star wars cartoons are actually pretty funny.....:D

SCClassof93
12-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Must have been an outtake? :D
Probably nsfw?

http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/67aNu.gif

JBHuskers
12-06-2012, 02:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgAlQuqzl8o&list=UUmKurapML4BF9Bjtj4RbvXw&index=18

ram29jackson
12-06-2012, 02:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgAlQuqzl8o&list=UUmKurapML4BF9Bjtj4RbvXw&index=18

that was just dumb geekdom until Darth pulled out the accordion

JBHuskers
12-10-2012, 09:29 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/http3A2F2F25mediatumblrcom2F254d850664050bf1a65e0f 739d1dc9202Ftumblr_meuk6kU9241rjrekdo1_1280.jpg

gschwendt
01-24-2013, 04:08 PM
JJ Abrams directing next Star Wars entry
http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/jj-abrams-set-direct-next-star-wars-film-exclusive-74596

SmoothPancakes
01-24-2013, 06:57 PM
And the world just exploded for all the "you gotta pick a side" Star Wars vs. Star Trek people.

morsdraconis
01-24-2013, 06:59 PM
That's a TERRIBLE choice. Uggh....

psuexv
01-25-2013, 10:41 AM
That's a TERRIBLE choice. Uggh....

Yep, I just hope it's not as bad as Transformers.

Nevermind... don't know what I was thinking. Confusing with Michael Bay

morsdraconis
01-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Yep, I just hope it's not as bad as Transformers.

Nevermind... don't know what I was thinking. Confusing with Michael Bay

I HATE the new Star Trek movie. It's atrocious and WAY too stylized instead of being a normal looking Star Trek movie. It's a corny ass action movie instead of a science fiction movie.

JBHuskers
01-25-2013, 12:01 PM
As if the original Star Trek wasn't corny? :dunno: :D

morsdraconis
01-25-2013, 12:04 PM
As if the original Star Trek wasn't corny? :dunno: :D

I HATE the original Star Trek television show as well. It's AWFUL. The original Star Trek movies were good (at least 2, 4, and 6) because, unlike the show before it, it was taking things more serious.

psuexv
01-25-2013, 12:10 PM
I HATE the new Star Trek movie. It's atrocious and WAY too stylized instead of being a normal looking Star Trek movie. It's a corny ass action movie instead of a science fiction movie.

I can see that. I'm in the Star Wars over Star Trek camp and never ever got into Star Trek. With that, I was able to enjoy the new one based on the fact that it was an action movie.

Now, if he does that to Star Wars I'm going to be pissed.

morsdraconis
01-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Now, if he does that to Star Wars I'm going to be pissed.

He will. He doesn't know how to do it any other way. Super 8 is the only movie he's every done where he hasn't done that and it was terrible because he doesn't know how to write an ending worth a fuck.

Star Wars is going to be one giant lens flare. Everything about J.J. Abrams screams someone that says he "gets it" but, in actuality, doesn't have a fuckin' clue what fans of Star Wars and Star Trek actually want.

NatureBoy
01-26-2013, 08:06 AM
http://i.imgur.com/os5fJDf.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k53/cheez_avenger/Star-Wars-Abrams-Logo_zps1ec6eb17.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WoPDmSe.jpg

JeffHCross
01-27-2013, 11:29 PM
I HATE the new Star Trek movie. It's atrocious and WAY too stylized instead of being a normal looking Star Trek movie. It's a corny ass action movie instead of a science fiction movie.I personally believe you're in the minority in that regard.

Also: a "corny ass action movie" would still be better than the prequels were.

JBHuskers
01-28-2013, 01:28 AM
I personally believe you're in the minority in that regard.

Also: a "corny ass action movie" would still be better than the prequels were.

Mors is almost always in the minority :D

morsdraconis
01-28-2013, 04:41 AM
Mors is almost always in the minority :D

It's not my fault everyone else is dumb. ;)

JBHuskers
01-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Real or fake? (Guessing fake, but saw this on Facebook)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/EpisodeVII_zps0dc4d545.jpg

JeffHCross
01-28-2013, 08:58 PM
100% fake.

But still awesome.

JeffHCross
01-28-2013, 09:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhPz-Hr4nQA&feature=player_embedded

SmoothPancakes
02-09-2013, 03:49 AM
Well, it didn't take long for Disney to start planning to whore out that license. Apparently, a report I heard mention on the radio says that in between the triology movies (SW 7, 8 and 9), Disney is going to release movies about single characters, so think along the lines of a movie solely about Han Solo or Darth Vader, etc. It might be used and done correctly to really expand even deeper on the histories and pasts of all the characters, but I can't help but feel this is nothing more than a straight cash grab by Disney trying to suck the wallets dry of every Star Wars fan who "must" see any Star Wars movie released.

JeffHCross
02-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Agreed, Smooth.

http://uploads-riptapparel-com.s3.amazonaws.com/designs/5392/bad-unit-detail_56084_cached_thumb_-928107ac47da4bc345a3edd84ac43cf3.jpg

http://www.riptapparel.com/

psuexv
02-09-2013, 01:31 PM
If they are done correctly and are awesome movies I could give two shits what the reason behind it is.

GatorfanStovy
02-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Agreed with the rest of you about character films. If done right they could be fun to watch. Doesn't matter why .

SmoothPancakes
02-19-2013, 12:43 PM
If they are done correctly and are awesome movies I could give two shits what the reason behind it is.

Agreed with the rest of you about character films. If done right they could be fun to watch. Doesn't matter why .

I'm not necessarily saying it's a bad thing. It's pretty obvious it's nothing but a cash grab by Disney, but, if they do it correctly and don't just pump out two and a half hours of shit and slap a Star Wars title on it, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. But if the movies are pure crap and they're just pumping them out to rake in loads more cash, then I would have an issue with it all.

baseballplyrmvp
02-19-2013, 09:27 PM
they need to do either a remake of KOTOR or a 3rd game in that series for this next gen. i loved the storylines in those games. the battle system was kinda crap, but the choose your own adventure type was really cool.

SmoothPancakes
02-19-2013, 09:36 PM
they need to do either a remake of KOTOR or a 3rd game in that series for this next gen. i loved the storylines in those games. the battle system was kinda crap, but the choose your own adventure type was really cool.

I would love to see the old SW games come back to life. I played a bunch of them back on the original Xbox and PS2, had loads of fun with them.

JBHuskers
02-19-2013, 10:26 PM
For those who play Zen Pinball, the Star Wars add-on comes out next week.

JeffHCross
02-20-2013, 06:47 AM
I would love to see the old SW games come back to life. I played a bunch of them back on the original Xbox and PS2, had loads of fun with them.Xbox != "old SW games".

Try X-Wing. :nod: Bring that shit back!

SmoothPancakes
02-20-2013, 07:33 AM
Xbox != "old SW games".

Try X-Wing. :nod: Bring that shit back!

Just going by what I know/what I played. :D I didn't get into Star Wars games until Xbox/PS2, so anything before that, would have to be re-released and upgraded to today's graphics/etc for me to finally get to play them.

morsdraconis
02-20-2013, 08:34 AM
I never liked X-Wing. I just don't care for games like that. Last one of that ilk that I liked was Lightspeed from WAY back. :)

JeffHCross
02-20-2013, 08:40 PM
I never liked X-Wing. I just don't care for games like that.I looooooooooooooooove flight sims / space sims.

One of my biggest "mark out" moments when I went to the CD events at EA is that one of the guys used to work at Origin, the makers of the Wing Commander series. Not sure if he ever worked on those titles, but I didn't care at that point. It was just awesome to meet someone who would know those games.

JBHuskers
02-25-2013, 02:27 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/ChewieDog_zps06654512.jpg

JBHuskers
02-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Sounds like Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford are all signed up for Episode VII.

SmoothPancakes
02-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Sounds like Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford are all signed up for Episode VII.

Episode VII: Return of the Old Geezers?

JBHuskers
02-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Episode VII: Return of the Old Geezers?

I'm assuming that it will be set in a time where they were geezers.

morsdraconis
02-25-2013, 03:27 PM
As long as it's not about their kids all together doing the same shit that they did as kids, then it might actually be halfway interesting. If it's just some bullshit about Han and Leia's fuckin' kid with Luke's fuckin' kid doing some bullshit, then they can shove this movie franchise up their asses.

JBHuskers
02-26-2013, 11:47 AM
Philly Flyers goal Ily Bryzgalov unveils his new Star Wars goalie mask....

http://buzzonbroad.typepad.com/.a/6a015432336548970c017ee8becb28970d-800wi

http://buzzonbroad.typepad.com/.a/6a015432336548970c017ee8bed91d970d-320wi

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YkUQ5SgUsgA/UPr9rWbsUOI/AAAAAAAAAL4/SEwl6dnd7hM/s1600/Lets_Go_Flyers.png

JeffHCross
03-02-2013, 11:51 PM
As long as it's not about their kids all together doing the same shit that they did as kids, then it might actually be halfway interesting. If it's just some bullshit about Han and Leia's fuckin' kid with Luke's fuckin' kid doing some bullshit, then they can shove this movie franchise up their asses.I could not disagree more.

Though I'd prefer this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/dc/HeirToTheEmpire.jpg/200px-HeirToTheEmpire.jpg

morsdraconis
03-03-2013, 01:16 AM
My mom has read some of the books that take place after Jedi and there are a couple really cool sounding setups (the one with the completely dark mining planet and the ship that's basically a mobile death star is pretty neat sounding), but, I just want something outside of having to do with those three characters. I mean, in a universe as diverse and populated as they make the Star Wars universe out to be, there MUST be other heroes getting into mischief and saving the universe besides Han, Luke, and Leia.

baseballplyrmvp
03-03-2013, 10:05 AM
there MUST be other heroes getting into mischief and saving the universe besides Han, Luke, and Leia.

like who?

JeffHCross
03-03-2013, 10:13 AM
like who?Wedge, Tycho, Hobbie, Janson and the rest of Rogue Squadron :D

I mean, in a universe as diverse and populated as they make the Star Wars universe out to be, there MUST be other heroes getting into mischief and saving the universe besides Han, Luke, and Leia. There are. Plenty, actually. But those are, and always will be, the iconic and primary characters.

Also, while it sounded cool, Darksaber was a horrible book, actually.

baseballplyrmvp
03-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Wedge, Tycho, Hobbie, Janson and the rest of Rogue Squadron :D

are those characters big enough names to completely base a film off of though? i dont think so, but thats me.

JeffHCross
03-03-2013, 03:43 PM
are those characters big enough names to completely base a film off of though? i dont think so, but thats me.The entire ensemble? Sure. There was a successful comic book and novel series centering around them.

If Boba Fett can be a movie (which has already been announced), the Rogues could easily be one. Think Top Gun, the Tuskeegee Airmen, or Red Tails, but in the SW universe.

SCClassof93
03-03-2013, 04:30 PM
I could not disagree more.

Though I'd prefer this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/dc/HeirToTheEmpire.jpg/200px-HeirToTheEmpire.jpg

Me too..sadly they have waited so long it won't work with the original actors. I just as soon have the Zahn trilogy but with new actors.

JeffHCross
03-03-2013, 05:23 PM
Yeah, at the time since ANH, following the official timeline we're talking the tail end of NJO, beginning of the Legacy series. If Ford, Hamill, and Fisher really are involved, they're obviously not following the official timeline. Which could be very disappointing.

SmoothPancakes
03-04-2013, 02:18 AM
Star Wars Episode VII: Return of the Old Geezers

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q711/tjmoerman/Pointfivepastlightspeedstilltakesalongtime500dpi_z ps35049a0d.jpg

psuexv
04-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Awesome

http://jrblackwell.tumblr.com/post/44135138101/ezekielawrence-hurt-and-star-wars-all-in-one

psuexv
04-24-2013, 02:40 PM
:rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WDrCwqsOrp0

JBHuskers
05-04-2013, 01:48 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/247146_415220558585357_1203107301_n_zps5ec034cd.jp g

SCClassof93
05-04-2013, 01:52 PM
http://beverlyhillshoneys.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/darth-vader-disneyland-gif-funny-star-wars.gif

JBHuskers
05-10-2013, 03:48 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/post-19989-Party-On-Wayne-Party-on-Darth-WphU_zpsce7371f0.jpg

baseballplyrmvp
05-10-2013, 07:52 PM

ram29jackson
05-13-2013, 01:51 AM
wait till the ending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbJ-y6BWfUc&feature=endscreen&NR=1

JBHuskers
05-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Star Wars Character Encyclopedia [Hardcover] - Amazon - $7.73 (http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Character-Encyclopedia-Publishing/dp/0756682533?t=slicinc-20&tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=RG_l2LzTEeKO7EI0s_I9Fg2Ic5_cVoY3_cEN_0_0 )

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Tnix%2B7jQL.jpg

SCClassof93
06-07-2013, 11:53 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrb2g5YBK9LmxbfsFdIPAh0mRSA4vRG Ut-A1oUe-3VyaLPWp5e

Deuce
06-11-2013, 06:32 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/12/ba4eje6a.jpg

Typed by thumbs.

SCClassof93
06-11-2013, 06:33 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/12/ba4eje6a.jpg

Typed by thumbs.

ISO

SCClassof93
06-11-2013, 08:13 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/11626_498996580167845_161066460_n.jpg