B: Run Block Footwork, Stamina
B-: Acceleration, Strength
C+: Carrying, Run/Pass Block Strength

JeffHCross
11-23-2010, 07:27 AM
Easy Mode.

psusnoop
11-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Penn State starts the season with a bang in recruiting landing 4 commits before they kickoff the new season.

#6 MLB [4star] [espnu150] Jared Bryant
#70 Overall

* Height: 6'2"
* Weight: 210 lbs
* Hometown: North Versailles, PA
* Tendency: Balanced
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Alabama, #3 West Virginia

Tackle C
Hit Power B-
Pursuit B+
Play Recognition C+
Power Moves B-
Finesse Moves C
Block Shedding B-
Man Coverage C-
Zone Coverage C-
Speed B-
Strength B

Jared is going to come into PSU early in the hope of making enough strides to crack the 2 deep. If he doesn't he will surely redshirt his first year.

#34 WR [4star] Brad Jenkins
#257 Overall

* Height: 6'0"
* Weight: 183 lbs
* Hometown: Beebe, AR
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 USC, #3 Miami

This signing was more of a depth filler to be honest, as I threw 10 minutes and offered and he signed. Brad IS going to redshirt to work on many things.

His best rating is his Catch at a C, but everything else is below standards here at PSU but their is a fire in this kid the staff liked after watching the tape. Some were heard questioning the QB that was throwing the ball to him.

#4 TE [4star] [espnu150] Paul Jackson
#38 Overall

* Height: 6'3"
* Weight: 225 lbs
* Hometown: Greenbelt, MD
* Tendency: Blocking
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 West Virginia, #3 Michigan

Catching B+
Catch in Traffic C
Route Running C+
Release C+
Pass Block C-
Run Block C
Pass Block Strength C+
Pass Block Footwork B-
Run Block Foot Strength C+

Paul is planning on Reshirting next season with PSU and will work on his strength during the season.

#2 C [4star] [espnu150] Lewis Hardy
#57 Overall

* Height: 6'4"
* Weight: 300 lbs
* Hometown: Bon Air, VA
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Michigan, #3 Virginia Tech

Pass Block B-
Run Block B-
Pass Block Strength C+
Pass Block Footwork C-
Run Block Footwork C+
Run Block Foot Strength B-
Impact Blocking C+

Lewis comes to PSU with high expectations. He is really going to push to crack the two deep and may see some early playing time. He has everything PSU likes about a Center, good footwork and a strong work ethic.

psuexv
11-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Sound the alarms..... Papa signed a 3 star!

Papa LoneStar
11-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Haha @ Eazy E. These 2 guys will be important when I go back to the Alabama playbook next season. I only have 2 TEs on the roster with 1 season so I'm going after 3 more TEs. With only 8 seniors and 69 on the roster....the Longhorns won't be going for the February national championship this year.

psuexv
11-23-2010, 10:03 AM
Yeah I just can't believe you're slumming it with 3 stars like the rest of us.

psuexv
11-23-2010, 01:03 PM
USC adds it's 1st commit with an instant commit.

Matt Goddard
TE #2 http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.png http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/5star.gif
6'5"
209lbs
Avza Valley, AZ

Speed - C
Catching - C
Route Running - B-
Pass Blocking - C-
Run Blocking - C

Matt looks to come in and take full advantage of a redshirt year and add a little weight as he has the frame to add to. Matt will be used primarily as a pass catching TE as he demonstrates tremendous hands and may even be split out wide on a few formations.

psuexv
11-23-2010, 01:12 PM
USC adds another instant commit.

Phil Campbell
HB #2 http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.png http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/5star.gif
6'0"
213 lbs
Huntington Beach, CA

Speed - B+
Strength - D-
Acceleration - B-
Break Tackle -B
Trucking - D

Phil is a little deceiving with his 213lbs frame as he is not a typical power back. With a number of younger players on the depth chart at HB Phil will be able to use his redshirt year to work on his strength and his blocking reads.

Kingpin32
11-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Haha @ Eazy E. These 2 guys will be important when I go back to the Alabama playbook next season. I only have 2 TEs on the roster with 1 season so I'm going after 3 more TEs. With only 8 seniors and 69 on the roster....the Longhorns won't be going for the February national championship this year.

Thats a lie and you know it.

Papa LoneStar
11-24-2010, 12:12 AM
lol

JeffHCross
11-24-2010, 07:04 AM
At the very least, it's a lie because the national championship is in January. Super Bowl in February. ;)

Oneback
11-24-2010, 07:16 AM
Yes, but Mr. Feburary wins the recruiting National Championship.

JeffHCross
11-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Yes, but Mr. Feburary wins the recruiting National Championship.Yeah ... now that you mention it, that makes his post a lot more logical.

JeffHCross
11-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Ohio State starts off the year with a badly needed early commitment in the middle of the re-loading defense.

Ty Horton
#25 DT
[4star]
Madeira, OH
6'3" 292 lbs
Run Stopper
STR|PMV|BSH|HPW
B|C+|C+|C
One reason for Ohio State's 2012 "experiment" in the 34 defense was a lack of depth up front. While the Buckeyes are confident they have enough depth for a 2013 return to the 4-2-5, the future of the defensive line is a concern. Ty Horton's early commitment to the Buckeyes does help quell some of those concerns. Horton does not have the talent necessary to immediately start at the Big Ten level, but since he has two sophomores-to-be in front of him, that shouldn't be a problem.

On a related topic, I kept the 10 remaining minutes I had after the scholarship offer, to answer a question from a season or two ago.

Oneback
11-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Michigan signs first two of the season.

Lance Davis - SS #1
Ishpeming, MI
6'1'' 201 LBS
5-Star

Ratings:

Speed B, Acceleration B, Tackle B-, Man Coverage B-, Zone Coverage B

Evaluation:

Davis is one of the better all-around safeties in this class. A great athlete with an impressive combination of size and speed. Is very balanced versus the run and pass. Tough and aggressive. Has prototypical safety height and body length. Well-built with great strength. Flashes great explosiveness to the football. Transitions quickly with little wasted motion and great burst out of his pedal. Displays quick, decisive diagnosing skills in zone coverage. Soundly reads the quarterback, sees underneath routes develop and anticipates the pass. Very instinctive safety. Shows great plant-and-drive burst and closes on the underneath pass with striking burst. A big time hitter who can separate the ball from the receiver with his timing and velocity on contact. An intimidating presence over the middle who is very effective defending intermediate routes. Limits second efforts when receivers do make the underneath grab. Has the hip-fluidity to turn and run in man-to-man and position himself correctly as a deep zone defender. Utilizes good body length to get between ball and receiver; breaks up a lot of passes. Tracks the downfield through well and will high-point displaying good ball skills. Equally impressive on run support. Is physical and strong at the point of attack and can get over blocks. Pursues with good angles and leverage on the ball. Tackles with good pad level and pop. Knows how to strip and create turnovers. Very effective blitzer with great chase speed closing from the backside. Makes a lot of production on or near the line of scrimmage. While a good ball-hawk he does need to work on wrapping up instead of just inflicting a big shoulder hit. Coverage technique and footwork could use polish as well. Could grow out of position if he continues adding size and loses some of his quickness, change-of-direction skill and long-speed. May end up growing into an OLB or hybrid safety/Bandit type of defender. While a bit of a tweener, Davis scheme versatility is very valuable in today's defenses with a lot of sub-packages; he could play a number of different positions in the back-seven. A great athlete with a lot of physical tools and intangibles as a defensive prospect.

Lorenzo Brant - WR #31
Amory, MS
6'2'' 194 LBS
4-Star

Ratings:

Speed B, Acceleration B, Catching B-, Route Running B, Catch in Traffic B-, Spectacular Catch B-, Jumping B+, Release B-, Break Tackle C+

Evaluation:

Brant is a really impressive wide receiver prospect with terrific measurables, long arms and a smooth stride. He is a long and flexible athlete for a taller prospect and he makes a lot of plays in all three levels of the passing game. He has a long stride and very good surge off the line. Is a combination between a glider and galloper. He is tall with a huge wingspan. When the ball is in the air, the defensive back guarding him is at a distinct disadvantage. Makes for a huge target underneath and does a nice job of using his frame and arms to shield defenders from the ball. He actually shows sharp cuts and quick burst into and out of the break as a short-to-intermediate route runner. Does not have to gear down too much at the top of the stem and has some "wiggle" to him as a route runner given his size. He is very good along the sideline and when matched-up one-on-one downfield he shows very good body control and awareness. He has fantastic pure leaping ability and times these jumps very well. He will attack with arms extended on the high ball and also subtle push off and cradle the ball in if need be. He changes gears very well, can lull a cornerback into thinking that he is going full speed and then put it into another gear and blow by him. However, Brant's overall top end speed is difficult to gauge since he is more of a glider. He has some sneaky quick twitch to him, but may not have that "AJ Green-type" burst for a taller receiver. Nevertheless, Brant makes plays, shows body control and has very strong consistent hands. He plucks well and consistently catches the ball away from his frame. Overall, we would be surprised if Brant does not end up being one of the better "big" receivers in this class. He needs to add some bulk and overall strength, but that will come in time and could lend to him being a real physical presence down the field. Excellent prospect.

JeffHCross
11-27-2010, 07:42 PM
Another defensive line committment gives the Buckeyes some much needed depth at Defensive End.

Scott Battle
#37 DE
[3star]
Amherst, OH
6'1" 247 lbs
Balanced
ACC|PMV|FMV|BSH
B-|C+|C+|B-
Like the Buckeyes' first commitment, Ty Horton, Scott Battle was targeted because he had expressed interest in staying in Columbus, and would fill a badly needed depth spot on the defensive line. While technically a position of need, Battle is coming in behind two sophomores-to-be in Kenny Peterson and Rodney Bailey. He's not expected to challenge either of them once he steps on campus, it is hoped that Battle can provide a solid, dependable rotation on the defensive front.

fsuprime
11-29-2010, 12:56 PM
[espnu150][4star] OG David Jaques 6'1 298 lbs Pembroke Pines, FL

Jaques has great strength (B) and speed (C) but needs some development in his block skills, he will either be a RG or C for FSU.

psusnoop
11-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Prime, have you backed off that CB Stan Riley yet? I would love to have his A+ man coverage skills here in Happy Valley. He did mention he didn't think the heat would be good for him in Florida.

fsuprime
11-29-2010, 02:35 PM
i think he enjoyed the visit to fsu this weekend for a 63-3 beat down of conference foe va tech...

psusnoop
11-29-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm sure u will jump me on next advance but I'm really going to go all out for him I think, this juco so. Is the real deal

fsuprime
11-29-2010, 03:32 PM
yep im happy i have pipeline to north carolina

psusnoop
11-29-2010, 03:36 PM
I don't so I have to work extra hard and hope to get lucky to beat you out.

JeffHCross
11-29-2010, 08:48 PM
Eric, do you have Early Playing Time scouted on MLB Chase Mitchell? If so, tell me what you see, this week and in Week 5.

psuexv
11-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Eric, do you have Early Playing Time scouted on MLB Chase Mitchell? If so, tell me what you see, this week and in Week 5.

Not yet. I'll let you know when it comes up though. I was going to mention him to you as I just noticed we were both going after him. I'll maybe try and sway something this week too.

psuexv
11-30-2010, 10:01 PM

You have Conference Prestige unlocked yet?

psuexv
11-30-2010, 10:21 PM
USC picks up it's 3rd commit during in week recruiting -

Talib Moore
FS #9 http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/4star.gif
6'2"
179lbs
Moss Bluff, LA

Speed - A
Man Coverage - D
Zone Coverage - B-
Press - C
Tackle - C+
Hit Power B-

Talib is looking to come in and take full advantage of a redshirt year and iron out his man coverage skills to round his game. Although he will primarily be playing a lot of cover 2 we would still like to man him up with his speed. His tackling and hit power have a lot of Pac 10 wideouts worried.
Other offers - TCU, Texas A&M

JeffHCross
12-01-2010, 08:10 PM
You have Conference Prestige unlocked yet?Yeah. It's showing Low now on Dynasty Wire. I presume that's what would show on the console right now too.

psuexv
12-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Cool. I wonder what it will show upon the advance to next week. We'll have to keep an eye on it.

How long until Prime says I told you so?

JeffHCross
12-01-2010, 11:15 PM
How long until Prime says I told you so?I am still of the opinion that the answer is "never", but we shall see. Wouldn't mind being wrong ... would rather know for sure than not.

fsuprime
12-02-2010, 09:53 AM
if i really cared about saying i told u so i would just run an offline dynasty right now with 2 coaches and figure it out in about 30 minutes lol...but i dont, so i wont.

psuexv
12-02-2010, 10:40 AM
I just hope that it actually works how it appears to right now - that it doesn't change for the other person.

psuexv
12-02-2010, 09:19 PM
USC lands an instant commit

Freddie Lewis
MLB #2 http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.png http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/5star.gif
5'10"
218lbs
Nicholasville, KY

Speed C+
Tackle B+
Man Coverage C
Zone Coverage C

Freddie comes in a little on the smaller side and not with the typical speed we like to see. However his tackling technique and coverage skills should get him some decent playing time.

Oneback
12-03-2010, 05:34 AM
Michigan lands a big fish.

Zach Gray - HB #1
5'10'' 211 LBS
Richmond, TX
[5star]

Ratings:

Speed B+, Strength C+, Agility B, Acceleration B+, Break Tackle B-, Trucking B, Stiff Arm B-, Spin Move B+, Juke Move B

Evaluation:

Gray is simply an explosive package at the running back position. Looks a tad smaller than his listed measurables but this guy is very well-built and compact. Built low to the ground and deceptively a very powerful back. Hits the hole fast just as the creases open and reaches top-speed almost instantly. Displays excellent foot-quickness and suddenness through traffic and is very difficult to get a clean shot on. Runs with his eyes, makes the sharp cutback through the small creases and rarely gears down when changing direction. An ideal zone runner with great pick and slide ability. Can beat defenses with great lateral quickness and burst to the outside as well and shows he can accelerate with a great second gear and pull away from closing defenders with an angle. What puts him in an elite class is his strength, power, ability to run between the tackles and earn tough yards after contact for a speed guy. His explosive momentum through the hole coupled with his great balance, strong core and lower body allows him to absorb the hit and bounce off a lot of initial contact. Cuts on a dime and changes direction sharply in the openfield giving him big play ability when he gets in space or breaks through to the second level. Flashes good hands and receiving skills out of the backfield and in the screen game but will need to continue polishing up in that area as well in blitz pickup and as an overall blocker. Like to see a bit larger frame to build up but he's close to being maxed out physically and overall as a back; not a high upside guy. That said, Gray has excellent natural ability as runner and should develop into a highly productive every-down back early in his career.

JeffHCross
12-03-2010, 09:33 PM
I just hope that it actually works how it appears to right now - that it doesn't change for the other person.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FsAvWjAq4eU/Sifo9NODJzI/AAAAAAAAAAU/u_pPN2DAAtI/s320/mythbusters_busted..png

Conference Prestige is now Average for me.

Told ya.

psuexv
12-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Damnit - what a joke! So I do the work of swaying and everyone benefits? That's f'in stupid.

JeffHCross
12-03-2010, 10:02 PM
That's f'in stupid.Not really. There are two ways of thinking about it ... and both make sense, at least to me.

1) If Coach Tressel convinces a Pennsylvania recruit that staying at home isn't as important, then the recruit isn't going to consider it less important just from Coach Tressel. He's going to look at Michigan, West Virginia, or wherever differently now that SweaterVest has convinced him staying home isn't as important.
2) Think about it ... if the game had to track each pitch differently for each team, you're talking 4200+ pitches to track. That'd be a massive load on any database.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-03-2010, 10:53 PM
by the way i was asked to list my career record since i came in and it showed 38-6 before i played my game today... so 39-6 now... cant remember who wanted me to post that or if that was the specific i was supposed to post... lol

"E"

JeffHCross
12-03-2010, 11:01 PM
by the way i was asked to list my career record since i came in and it showed 38-6 before i played my game today... so 39-6 now... cant remember who wanted me to post that or if that was the specific i was supposed to post... lolIt was me, and thanks.

That pretty much confirms for me that when we "retire" as coaches, the coaches we had stay in the game. I'm going to test it in Snoop's dynasty, but I believe this means I can do the following:
A) Retire as OSU coach
B) Rejoin Dynasty as A&M Coach
C) Set A&M to the playbook and coach philosophy settings that Ohio State should have
D) Retire as A&M, Rejoin as OSU
D) Switch teams from OSU to A&M, which will switch my coaches. I'll keep my coach prestige and promise status, and Ohio State will get the playbook settings they should have going forward.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-03-2010, 11:11 PM
so if you spent an excessive amount of time you could create more true to life coaches... nice...

and yeah, i dont like that i assume their career record...

"E"

JeffHCross
12-04-2010, 12:02 AM
and yeah, i dont like that i assume their career record... Well, you did take over the defending champion ;)

Kingpin32
12-04-2010, 01:33 AM
I really wish my recruits would commit. I'm tired of being in 1st place and not getting any commitments.

fsuprime
12-06-2010, 11:26 AM
[espnu150][5star]TE (#3) Cody Burnett 6'4 215 lbs Clearwater, SC

Cody chose the Noles over Clemson and Texas. He possesses great speed and excellent catching ability, his blocking skills leave a little to be desired but he will have time to redshirt behind the pair of great TEs FSU currently has on the roster.

JeffHCross
12-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Quantity is winning the battle over quality this season for the Buckeyes, but with 20 seniors, it is a battle they must face.

Joel Jackson
#2 SS | #44 OVR
[espnu150] [4star]
Bridgetown North, OH
6'1" 171 lbs
Hard Hitter
ZCV|MCV|HPW|ACC
B+|B-|B-|B
Despite having three underclassmen at SS, Jackson's talent could not be ignored by the Ohio State recruiters. Because the Buckeyes do have significant depth at that position, it is particularly hoped that Jackson will be able to take a year off and redshirt before being needed on the field.

Tyler Russell
#8 G | #79 OVR
[espnu150] [4star]
Albion, MI
6'5" 305 lbs
Balanced
ACC|IBL|RBS|PBS
B|B-|B|B-
Another Michigan man runs away from the home state school and crosses the border into Ohio. Russell will probably cement himself at the RG position where only Sophomore Ben Gilbert currently lines up for the Buckeyes. Russell will certainly assert himself as the starter-to-be, and is expected to make regular contributions to the line's rotation.

T.J. Norman
#20 G
[4star]
Westlake, OH
6'5" 325 lbs
Balanced
ACC|RBF|RBS|PBS
A-|C+|C|C
Another depth signee, Norman was targeted to bring some reliability to the back end of the offensive line rotation. Because he needs to grow on the practice field, it is hoped that Norman will be able to redshirt in his first season in Columbus.

Thomas Galloway
#19 OLB
[4star]
League City, TX
6'0" 220 lbs
Run Stopper
ACC|SPD|HPW|STR
A|B|B|B-
Ohio State taps that black gold Texas pipeline again, landing OLB Thomas Galloway. Galloway is expected to make a contribution as early as next season at OLB, with the Buckeyes expected to return to the 4-3 defense. Galloway could use some time in the gym and on the practice field, but the linebacker depth concerns may not allow it.

JeffHCross
12-06-2010, 10:47 PM
First Top 25 of the season:
#1 USC
#2 Penn State
#3 Michigan
#4 Ohio State
#6 Clemson
#16 Wisconsin
#18 Texas
#19 Miami
#24 Virginia Tech

Sound the alarms..... Papa signed a 3 star!Sound the alarms again! I'm pretty confident this is the first Top 25 I've done with Texas not in the Top 3, let alone the Top 10 or Top 15.

Papa LoneStar
12-07-2010, 06:08 AM
Haha....I'm scheduled to return 10 starters on offense and 9 on defense....and with 8 seniors....we weren't a hot program in this class....only position I really like is TE

psusnoop
12-07-2010, 08:32 AM
PSU lands it's 5th Commit for the year.

#1 DT Erik Young [5star] [espnu150]

# Height: 6'4"
# Weight: 280 lbs
# Hometown: New Kensington, PA
# Tendency: Balanced
# Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 USC, #3 Alabama

Offers from USC

Tackle B-
Hit Power B-
Pursuit B+
Power Moves B+
Finesse Moves B-
Block Shedding B-
Zone Coverage C- (added this, just a little bonus in case I run more of my 4-4 zone blitzes)

Erik comes to PSU with full intentions of cracking the two deep right from the start. Erik hopes to avoid redshirting but if it is for the betterment of the team he will. Coach Snoop, doesn't really think this is a possibility though due to the lack of depth and talent already on the Dline.

Erik, choose PSU over USC because he wanted his family to be able to watch his games.

psusnoop
12-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Can't wait for the advance as I think I might land a couple more after a decent showing against Minny. I had 8 guys in this week for this rivalry game against the Gophers.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
12-07-2010, 09:10 AM
ive got a bus load coming to the USF game... if G drops me at home im screwed lol

"E"

JeffHCross
12-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Haha....I'm scheduled to return 10 starters on offense and 9 on defense....and with 8 seniors....we weren't a hot program in this class....only position I really like is TEHonestly dude, the part that surprises me about this is that I would have thought you would have been going 60 minutes on 10 guys practically the entire season. So I would've thought you would have pulled in a few big fish by now ... but that could just be because of when you chose to have players visit.

Papa LoneStar
12-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Longhorns add 3 recruits....

[espnu150] [5star] TE Carl Riley
6'5" 255
Killeen, TX
#6 overall, #1 TE
B+: Break Tackle, Injury
B: Catch in Traffic, Stamina
B-: Speed, Acceleration, Catching, Route Running, Impact Blocking, Pass Block Footwork
C+: Run Block, Strength, Pass Block Strength
Other Offers: Alabama

[3star] P Shane Grant
6'1" 221
Palm Coast, FL
#321, #1 P
Kick Power: A
Kick Accuracy: D+
Awareness: C

[3star] K Brett Williams
5'11" 189
Saginaw, TX
#387 overall, #2 K
Kick Power: C+
Kick Accuracy: C+
Awareness: C

psusnoop
12-13-2010, 11:21 AM
#1 FB Scott Collins [3star]

* Height: 5'9"
* Weight: 195 lbs
* Hometown: Overlook-Page Ma, OH
* Tendency: Blocking
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Alabama, #3 Wisconsin

Pass Block C-
Run Block C
Pass Block Strength C-
Pass Block Footwork C-
Run Block Footwork B
Break Tackle B
Trucking B+
Stiff Arm C-
Carrying B-

Scott choose PSU over Alabama because he really enjoyed watching how PSU uses their FB's. He is a fierce competitor though and had to be really talked into coming to PSU because he is going to be redshirted due to the already strong FB's that PSU has currently.

#9 SS James Bryan [4star]

* Height: 6'5"
* Weight: 199 lbs
* Hometown: Reynoldsburg, OH
* Tendency: Hard Hitter
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Michigan State, #3 Miami

Tackle C
Hit Power B
Pursuit C+
Play Recognition C
Man Coverage C+
Zone Coverage B
Press C

James is a solid prospect that the staff feels can really develop into a really good player. He has some skills right now and instincts for the ball that make him a strong contender for playing time, but the staff would love to redshirt him to allow him to work on his speed and control in coverages.

#9 CB Jonathan Williams [4star]

* Height: 6'1"
* Weight: 185 lbs
* Hometown: Beavercreek, OH
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Michigan, #3 Texas

Play Recognition B
Catching C
Man Coverage B
Zone Coverage B+
Press C

Another Ohio product that Penn State landed that really feels will put them in a good position in the future. Jon has some really good hands and great instincts for the ball that are tough to teach. Should be fun come spring ball to see how this position shapes up.

#7 CB Josh Brown [4star] [espnu150]

* Height: 6'0"
* Weight: 179 lbs
* Hometown: Shirley, NY
* Tendency: Hard Hitter
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Boise State, #3 Notre Dame

Tackle C-
Hit Power C
Pursuit C
Play Recognition B-
Man Coverage B
Zone Coverage B
Press B-

Josh is coming to PSU in hopes of really battling it out for a spot on the two deep next season. Josh's really lacking in some strength areas so if he needs to redshirt, he is willing to do so.

#1 G Michael Graham [5star] [espnu150]

* Weight: 274 lbs
* Hometown: Milton, WV
* Tendency: Run Block
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Texas, #3 Alabama

Pass Block B-
Run Block B
Pass Block Strength C
Pass Block Footwork C
Run Block Footwork B-
Impact Blocking B-

Michael is really going to be pushing for the LG starting spot next season. PSU signed a couple of Juco's 2 years ago, and while they have been as expected Penn State took a major jump up with Michael. Welcome to PSU!

#2 ATH #4 OVR Cedric McClellan [5star] [espnu150]

* Weight: 182 lbs
* Hometown: Norton, OH
* Tendency: Athlete
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Miami, #3 Oklahoma

Catching C+
Catch in Traffic C+
Route Running C
Man Coverage C+
Zone Coverage C+
Break Tackle C+
Ball Carrier Vision B

Cedric really benefited from playing both ways in High School. As a standout WR and a CB. Cedric will arrive on campus early and look to find a position early to compete for playing time right from the start. PSU landed yet another Ohio recruit.

#1 ATH #3 OVR Joshua Morales [5star] [espnu150]

* Weight: 209 lbs
* Hometown: Finneytown, OH
* Tendency: Athlete
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Texas, #3 Alabama

Catching B
Catch in Traffic C-
Route Running B-

Yet another Ohio recruit coming to Penn State, Joshua is really looking to make an impact at WR to start his career here in Happy Valley.

Kingpin32
12-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Still no recruits for Oregon....

psusnoop
12-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Ouch sorry king, been there before and it really hurts, hope you have a strong finish

gschwendt
12-13-2010, 09:21 PM
I've only signed three myself, none of which are true needs. I do have four soft-commits though so hopefully my numbers increase in the next advance. That and I have two big targets that are soft-committed elsewhere... thankfully I have decent backup targets but haven't started after them since I'm still in the running for the primary targets.

psusnoop
12-14-2010, 06:44 AM
Jasper Robinson (QB) has been a real battle each week Tommy, I'm not sure who is going to come out on top for this young chap but it has been fun along the way.

gschwendt
12-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Jasper Robinson (QB) has been a real battle each week Tommy, I'm not sure who is going to come out on top for this young chap but it has been fun along the way.
Yeah... I thought had I had him wrapped up when I was gaining ground on you before I ever offered a scholarship but now with your visit you've jumped into the lead. It will probably come down to who gets the X2 call.

psusnoop
12-14-2010, 09:08 AM
I've had my fingers crossed for 2 weeks for that X2, hopefully next week. I really thought I left him get away the week you really made up ground because I only gave him a little bit of time, maybe 30 minutes. I think like you said, the visit was a savings grace for me with him.

JeffHCross
12-15-2010, 07:26 PM
When swaying a recruit I just got "Well played coach, well played."

JeffHCross
12-15-2010, 07:32 PM
First Top 25 of the season:
#1 USC
#2 Penn State
#3 Michigan
#4 Ohio State
#6 Clemson
#16 Wisconsin
#18 Texas
#19 Miami
#24 Virginia Tech
Week 8 Top 25 update:
#1 Penn State
#3 Florida State
#6 Michigan
#10 Texas
#11 USC
#15 Ohio State

gschwendt
12-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Jeff Douglas
#6 T | #72 OVR
[4star] [espnu150]
6'8" 280 lbs
Sun City, AZ
SPD | AGI | STR | RBK | PBK | RBS | RBF | PBS | PBF | IBL
C- | D- | C+ | C+ | C+ | B | B- | C+ | C+ | C With an already filled offensive line, Douglas was recruited specifically for the future. With his skills somewhat developed the Badger coaches know that with a couple of years under his belt, he'll turn into a stud on the offensive line. Wisconsin was the only school to recognize Jeff's potential for the future.

Jess Hunter
#8 HB | #96 OVR
[4star] [espnu150]
5'11" 200 lbs
Jupiter, FL
SPD | AGI | ACC | BTK | ELU | CAR | STF | SPM | JKM
A | B- | B | C- | C+ | D- | C+ | C+ | C+ Hunter is joining a stable of runningbacks at Wisconsin and is being brought in specifically to compliment the running attack of bruising HBs such as Mangum and Brown and as a replacement for Ball and White who will be leaving over the next couple of years. Jess chose Wisconsin over an offer from Clemson.

Marvin Duncan
#26 FB | #2488 OVR
[1star]
5'11" 240 lbs
Bentonville, AR
SPD | AGI | STR | BTK | TRK | CAR | RBK | RBS | RBF
D+ | D | C+ | B- | B- | C+ | C+ | C | C- With the success of current FB Albert Butler, Duncan instantly knew he wanted to attend Wisconsin and be the successor of the brute force rushing attack that Butler currently leads for the Badgers. Butler would be considered a towering force while Duncan was described as a human wrecking ball... shorter and more round but impossible to tackle. Marvin chose Wisconsin over Tennessee.

Anthony Ferwerda
#3 P | #536 OVR
[3star]
5'11" 188 lbs
Largo, FL
SPD | AWR | KPW | KAC
D- | C- | B+ | D+ While the Badgers already have young talent in both kicking positions, Ferwerda brings a big leg to the punting position that Wisconsin currently lacks. Anthony chose Wisconsin seeing as the Badgers are committed to their special teams and other teams wanted him to walk on.

Jonathan Burke
#3 CB | #68 OVR
[4star] [espnu150]
6'0" 174 lbs
Lapeer, MI
SPD | ACC | AGI | MCV | ZCV | TKL | TKL | HPW | PUR | PRC
B+ | B+ | C | B | B | D | D | C- | C- | B Burke is exactly the type of cornerback that Wisconsin looks for... with already developed coverage skills that will only get better along with speed to keep up outside receivers. He'll most likely redshirt his first year on campus but will have the opportunity to contribute in his second year with Wisconsin. Jonathan chose Wisconsin over offers from Virginia Tech and Missouri.

Antonio Crews
#3 FS | #85 OVR
[4star] [espnu150]
6'4" 200 lbs
Roosevelt, NY
SPD | ACC | AGI | MCV | ZCV | TKL | TKL | HPW | PUR | PRC
B+ | B | B+ | B | D | B | B | B- | C | C+ Crews is a excellent form tackling safety with good man coverage skills. He'll be a great fit at the strong safety position in the Badgers 3-3-5 attack defense. Only time will tell whether he plays his first year on campus but he'll certainly be a solid contributor over the course of his career with Wisconsin. Antonio also had offers from Wisconsin, Missouri Boise State, and Oklahoma.

fsuprime
12-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Week 8 Top 25 update:
#1 Penn State
#3 Florida State
#6 Michigan
#10 Texas
#11 USC
#15 Ohio State

i like how i jumped into the mix out of no where

Papa LoneStar
12-16-2010, 12:43 AM
The Longhorns add a couple of recruits....

[espnu150] [5star] CB Andre Clark
6'2" 196
Chinle, AZ
#28 overall, #1 CB
A+: Speed
A: Acceleration
A-: Injury
B+: Agility, Jumping
B: Man/Zone Coverage, Play Recognition, Stamina
B-: Press Coverage
C+: Pursuit
Other Offers: Michigan, USC, Western Kentucky

[espnu150] [4star] WR Justin Bryant
5'11" 191
New Washoe City, NV
#60 overall, #5 WR
B+: Acceleration, Stamina
B: Speed, Spectacular Catch, Jumping, Release
B-: Catch in Traffic, Injury
C+: Route Running, Carrying
Other Offers: Stanford, USC

psusnoop
12-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Tommy, looks like those were some big commits that couldn't have come at a better time.

Prime, still upset you

A: never return any texts
and
B: you freaking stole Stan Riley from PSU:mad:

fsuprime
12-16-2010, 08:01 AM
when did you text? are you 814 441?

im still recovering from a crazy 5 days that started friday morning lol

psusnoop
12-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Yea that's mine.

I'm just messing, I think I've only texted you a couple of times ever but I figured I'd pile on you right now.

Keep the crazy days rolling, it helps to get by during the Holidays!

Oneback
12-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Michigan signs two more:

Joe Adams - QB
Colton, CA
6'1'' 181 LBS
5-Star

Ratings:

Speed B, Acceleration B, Agility C+, Break Tackle C+, Elusiveness B, Throwing Power B+, Throwing Accuracy C+

Evaluation:

At first glance, Adams is such a good athlete that you would believe a move to wide receiver or safety is imminent, but the more you watch him to more attractive his arm, live release and ability to make throws to all three levels of the field really is. Regardless, Adams is just a good overall football player and impressive athlete. He has good size and an athletic, sturdy build with above average height. He is long-legged, well built and is a smooth athlete. He will create when things break down and he shows very good presence to avoid the rush, use his feet to get on the perimeter and throw on the move. Speed is outstanding for the position, he's a glider and elusive enough to be a threat in space-- enough so that you imagine him on the opposite end of passes, not throwing them. As a passer the ball really jumps out of his hand and you can't coach the speed and fluidity of his delivery. He is not always fundamentally consistent, but his release is a spark and he shows good touch on deeper throws and impressive zip on short and intermediate routes. Depending on his feet he can be very accurate both from within the pocket and on the move and has the arm to make throws across his body and when off balance. There is tendency to hold on the ball too much and lock onto the first target which then forces him to pull the ball down and begin to improvise and learning to work through progressions quicker will be an area of improvement for him. Overall, Adams is an impressive dual-threat guy. He can stretch the field and he is a nightmare to handle in space as a runner. We feel he could be a spread guy as well as a multiple set signal caller and a move to WR or S would not be out of the question because he is that good of an athlete.

Freddie Hamilton - QR
Mequon, WI
6'3'' 215 LBS
3-Star

Ratings:

Speed B, Agility C+, Jumping B-, Catching C, Spectacular Catch C, Catch in Traffic C, Route Running C, Release B-

Evaluation:

Hamilton is a long and lean prospect with good muscle tone and the frame to develop into a physical presence at the next level. He is a long strider with a wide catch radius and he knows how to use his body to gain position and shield defenders from the ball. Gallops off the football and is very effective in the short and underneath passing game where he makes for a big target and can make contested catches, break the first tackle and march down the field. Uses his size and deceptive speed with long stride to get vertical at this level and every now and then you will see him show a quick spurt to separate while tracking the ball. Has very good body control and positioning along the sideline and his natural height and upside for improved strength make him a prospect to contend in the red area. Can leap and elevate above DB's and will also extend to pluck the high ball in traffic. One of his best attributes is his no fear mentality to work the middle of the field and catch balls when he knows he is going to take a shot. However, Hamilton is not much of a quick-twitch, sudden threat. Lacks long field speed as is a guy that climbs the ladder to get to top gear. At the next level, he is a BCS caliber guy, but may be a player that works the inside, outside and contributes in the red area. Good player that shows some exciting flashes as a playmaker.

JeffHCross
12-16-2010, 09:32 PM
i like how i jumped into the mix out of no whereI wouldn't really call landing 4 5-star players "out of nowhere" :D

Papa LoneStar
12-16-2010, 11:24 PM
lol

ryby6969
12-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Miami signs their 3rd recruit of the year this week at a position of need.

[4star] WR Robert Freeman
6'1" 203 LBS

He has a rather quick first step and is good at going up and getting the ball with his size. The new coaches are going to want him to work on his fundamentals like route running and catching the ball but he looks like he will be a key piece of the rebuilding process down in Miami.

Robert chose Miami over Florida and USF.

fsuprime
12-17-2010, 02:02 AM
I wouldn't really call landing 4 5-star players "out of nowhere" :D

lol yea, and ill fall quickly im only recruiting 10 out of this years shit class.

mmm hmmmm

psuexv
12-17-2010, 09:09 AM
This years class does suck.

Oneback
12-17-2010, 09:33 AM
This years class does suck.

I am hoping there will be some gems in the off season, if not I will agree that this class is one of the worst we've seen. Hopefully that doesn't become a trend.

psusnoop
12-17-2010, 09:53 AM
It better not, I'm going to be really hurting.

These next 2 years could be bad enough already, add in a poor recruiting class in years to come and PSU might find itself sitting as 3rd or 4th best for a few years.

Papa LoneStar
12-17-2010, 03:16 PM
I agree....I was very lucky that I was able to redshirt all of last year's freshmen class except a DE....I only liked that OG that went to PSU....the top 2 CBs and all the TEs.

Oneback
12-22-2010, 07:42 AM
Michigan signs three more:

Brian Massey - DE
Gray, LA
6'4'' 239 LBS
4-Star

Ratings:
Speed C, Strength C+, Tackle C, Hit Power C+, Pursuit C+, Power Moves C+, Finesse Moves B, Block Shedding B-

Evaluation:
Massey is a defensive line prospect who comes out of a good high school program. He plays end and could make the transition to that position in college especially if he lands at a program that utilizes a 3-man front. He could also grow and develop into a defensive tackle a little down the road. He is a kid with good size and while he displays a thick build he should be able to add more good bulk in time. He may never be a 300-pound kid, but could get big enough that a move inside might better fit his game. He has a solid get-off. He is very good with his hands and will consistently bring them coming out of his stance. He quickly creates and maintains separation. Plays with a read-and-react style, but you would like to see him be a bit more consistently explosive off the ball and generate more power on contact. Locates the ball well and because he does not let blockers get into him he is able to shed well, but you would like to see him disengage from blockers a little sooner at times. Will come across the ball and squeeze down and plays under control. Displays solid speed, but may lack the ideal burst for the end position. He is a solid tackler, but can be a bit of an arm tackler and leave his feet at times. As a pass rusher he will get chest-to-chest and can get caught-up with blockers too long at times, but can also gives flashes of being a good pass rusher. While you would like to see him be a bit more explosive he does display good overall strength and is capable of delivering a punch and bull rushing his way back. Also, you would like to see it more consistently, but he can be active with his weapons and you will see him be quick with hands and use them to swat blockers arms away and get past. He displays the skills to be able to be a productive pass rusher especially from the interior of the line. Whether he plays end or tackle, Massey is a good football player and should be a productive college player.

Michael Palmer - OLB/MLB
Lackwood, NJ
6'2'' 229 LBS
3-star

Ratings:
Speed B-, Strength B, Agility C+, Jumping C, Power Moves C+, Finesse Moves B-, Block Shedding C+, Man Coverage C+, Zone Coverage C+, Tackle B+, Hit Power B, Pursuit C, Play Recognition B

Evaluation:
Palmer is a tough customer vs. the inside run; is an opportunistic player who is always around the ball. His size and toughness are the necessary qualities for the inside linebacker position at the major level of competition. Displays good flexibility with the agility, balance and quickness to scrape off the edge; has very good instincts and K&D ability. Will step up and take on lineman with the playing strength to defeat the block and still get to the football. Is a very good downhill player and can stack in short yardage situations. Is capable of avoiding blocks while working thru traffic on plays away; flashes lateral quickness vs. the outside run. This player shows good run blitz and backside run stopping toughness. We see a very disciplined and determined run stopper from the inside to the edge. Flashes good short / medium zone coverage skill however his hips appear to be a little tight when crossing over into zone coverage. Shows good underneath route recognition with better than average ball catching skills; will have to improve his ability to cover inside receivers in man coverage situations. This prospect has a very good motor and displays excellent pursuit habits all over the field which result in caused and recovered fumbles. His tackling skills, determination and aggressiveness make him a very good candidate for early special teams play. Palmer may not be an immediate starter at the next level however his skill level is such that early playing time is a possibility while his coverage skills improve.

Kenneth Harrison - MLB/OLB
Lisle, IL
6'0'' 225 LBS
4-Star

Ratings:
Speed B-, Jumping C+, Power Moves C, Block Shedding C+, Zone Coverage C+, Tackle C+, Hit Power C+, Pursuit C+, Play Recognition C

Evaluation:
Harrison has the playing speed and toughness to make plays all over the field. Has the size and athleticism for the outside linebacker position at the major level of competition. Shows very good flexibility, balance and agility lining up in a two point stance on or off the line of scrimmage; does a good job with K&D run recognition skills and displays the ability to take on and defeat blockers at the point of attack. His flexibility and balance allow him to keep blockers off his feet when playing in traffic. This prospect has good downhill and stacking ability vs. the inside run; can scrape to the outside with excellent long pursuit ability. We especially like his catch up speed. Demonstrates good edge quickness as a pass rusher; possesses the balance to squeeze the pocket with a good closing burst to the QB. Displays the ability to play in space; can crossover for depth in zone coverage and it appears his athleticism could enable him to play man coverage against inside receivers. When tackling this player shows the balance and explosion to wrap, punish and knock'em back where they came from. We like this guy's motor and intensity; early playing time on special teams is a definite possibility. Harrison may not be an immediate starter but could see early playing time as he improves his coverage skills. Regardless, with his size and athleticism he should have a long and productive career at the BCS level of play.

Oneback
12-22-2010, 07:48 AM
Forgot the one from the previous week:

Freddie Hamilton - WR
Mequon, WI
6'3'' 215 LBS
3-Star

Ratings:
Speed B, Agility C+, Jumping B-, Catching C, Spectacular Catch C, Catch in Traffic C, Route Running C, Release B-

Evaluation:
Hamilton is the type of receiver that really grows on you the more you watch him. At first glance you question how well he runs and then realize he has very competitive and productive speed both from his slot position and on the outside. Has good height and long arms. Looks to have a thicker build than his listed weight would lead you to believe. He is a galloping prospect that can be imposing off the line. Has good smoothness through the hips as a short and intermediate route runner and his wide catch radius makes for a big target. He does an excellent job of securing the ball in traffic and is not afraid to extend away from his body to haul in passes when in traffic or over the middle of the field. He is very functional in the slot against zone and man coverage. Has a sneaky way of getting open versus tight coverage by softly pushing off on out cuts and deeper corner routes. Will fight for the ball and can be physical when he needs to be when attacking the jump ball or in a contested match-up. When attacking vertically Hamilton build speed as he goes, but has a little second gear when tracking the deep ball and shows the ability to shift gears in the open field after the catch. He is not a burner, but runs well for his size. He is a not a player that is going to show extensive space playmaking ability after the catch in terms of making multiple defenders miss, but he has good agility, balance and shows some strength to ward off tacklers. Hamilton is a guy that shows some versatility, catches the ball very well, is tough and he makes plays when the ball is thrown his way. Good player with upside to be very good at the BCS level.

gschwendt
12-26-2010, 07:54 PM
David Sanders
#75 G | #1123 OVR
[3star]
6'2" 316 lbs
Ladson, SC
SPD | AWR | STR | IBL | RBK | RBS | RBF | PBK | PBS | PBF
C | B- | B+ | C+ | B- | C+ | B | C | C- | C-
With good speed, excellent strength and high-level awareness, David Sanders was seemingly underrated by the scouts. Once he arrives on campus in Madison, the coaches are considering giving him looks as either a blocking tightend or possibly a blocking fullback depending on how the rest of the Badgers offensive line shakes out. Sanders chose Wisconsin over Virginia Tech.

Mike Carter
#33 TE | #626 OVR
[3star]
6'4" 249 lbs
Layton, UT
SPD | AWR | STR | CTH | CIT | RTE | RBK | PBK
C+ | C+ | C | C+ | C- | C- | C+ | C-
Mike Carter is a good addition to the Badger tightends. He has a solid mix of both catching and blocking skills and will have time to hone those skills behind current Badgers Mason and Fine. Carter chose to go abroad selecting Wisconsin over an offer from his home state Utah Utes.

Joe Palmer
#66 MLB | #1125 OVR
[3star]
6'3" 213 lbs
Carteret, NJ
SPD | STR | TKL | PMV | FMV
B- | B | C+ | B- | B-
Sometimes you come across a player who couldn't for the life of themselves tell you why they've always played their position... that's the case of Joe Palmer. Coaches have always put him in the middle of the field but judging by his highlight films, he belongs with a hand in the dirt on the end. With good speed, excellent strength and already developed swim & rip moves, Palmer will become a great defensive end over the next several years and will be a perfect fit in the Badgers 3-3-5 defense. He received no other FBS offers.

JeffHCross
12-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Week 8 Top 25 update:
#1 Penn State
#3 Florida State
#6 Michigan
#10 Texas
#11 USC
#15 Ohio StateWeek 11 Top 25 Update:
#1 Penn State
#5 Florida State
#7 Michigan
#9 USC
#10 Ohio State
#15 Miami
#16 Virginia Tech
#18 Texas
#24 Wisconsin

Escobar
12-28-2010, 10:42 PM
I can't buy a recruit. Maybe it's because I have so many Freshman and Sophomores starting. They know they won't get any PT for a couple years.

JeffHCross
12-29-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm losing on two QB recruits to Alabama, yet Bama has offered a scholarship to neither one. Whether or not a scholarship has been offered should really add some weight in the recruit's minds. I'm all for "holding out hope" that another team will offer, but geez.

Oneback
12-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Especially this late in the season.

JeffHCross
12-29-2010, 09:33 PM
On one of the QBs ... I had my Visit in Week 5, Bama did theirs in Week 10. I moved up to -1 in Week 9 ... and have been at -1 since, including their visit week (I guess you can't commit to a team after a visit without a scholarship offer). That's ridiculous.

gschwendt
12-29-2010, 10:08 PM
To add to that, IMO you should get a larger bonus the earlier you offer a scholarship. I've obviously never been recruited but I would think I would give a bigger boost to a school if they've offered me a scholarship early on compared to a johnny-come-lately.

JeffHCross
12-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Now, I will say that if you're targeting a player that's down to his Top 5 or Top 3, and you're outside that group (maybe just Top 3), he will give you 0 points for an offer sand say something along the lines of "C'mon coach, like there's any chance I'm coming to your school".

But I agree with you that there should be a general downward trend the later you offer a player, unless he has very few offers.

Oneback
12-30-2010, 06:34 AM
Michigan inks two more:

Mark Jackson - P
Tiffin, OH
6'4'' 209 LBS
3-Star

Ratings:

Kick Power B, Kick Accuracy C+

Evaluation:

Jackson is a smooth and powerful kicker/punter. He gets great extension on his field goals. The ball really jumps off his foot and his height on field goals is impressive. His kick offs have solid hang-times. He had multiple four second hang-times on his kick offs in games. The ball comes off his foot quickly on his kick offs. He should be able to drive kick offs well into the wind at the next level. His punting is also impressive with a short 2 step approach and a smooth powerful follow through. He does not swipe across the ball the way many high school punters tend to punt. Miller has great athletic tools upon which to build on in college. His high school resume is solid and he should be able to contribute early in college.

Josh O'Connor - DT
Fort Lee, NJ
6'4'' 279 LBS
4-Star

Ratings

Strength B-, Tackle B-, Hit Power B-, Pursuit B-, Power Moves B+, Finesse Moves B-, Block Shedding B-

Evaluation:

O'Connor is a defender who is capable of being a menace in the trenches. He has good size with the frame to add more bulk and he also brings some versatility to the table. He could fit as a defensive tackle / "three"-technique in a 4-3 defense and could also fit well at the end spot in 3-4. You like the energy he plays with and at this point he can seem a little like a 'bull in a china shop' at times. He can be explosive off the ball, but you would like to see him be more consistent in his get-off. He does have good strength and can generate power and deliver a serious blow on contact that can knock blockers on their heels and at times their butt. He does a solid job of using his hands and creating some separation. Displays the ability to be engage blockers, separate, and hold his ground. Locates the ball well and can get penetration and be disruptive in the backfield. He has a good motor and will pursue to the ball. As a pass rusher he will flash the ability to use his weapons and attack half-a-man and quickly get by. He does though need to be careful to not attack the whole man at times and get caught up. You do like that he displays the smarts to get his hands up when he realizes he can not get to the quarterback. O'Connor is a high motor kid who needs to channel some of his energy into better technique at times to maximize his abilities, but you like the way he plays the game with a violent nature and could be a productive college defender.

ryby6969
12-30-2010, 10:13 AM
I have fallen behind on this so here are quite a few of the U's newest members.

Reggie Ellison-DE [espnu150]

Speed- C
Strength- B-
Pwr Move- B-
Fins Move- B
Block Shd- C+

Tyler White-DE [espnu150]

Speed- B-
Strength- C
Pwr Move- B
Fins Move- B
Block Shd- B-

Sam Thompson-MLB [espnu150]

Speed- B-
Tackle- C+
Pursuit- B-
Block Shd- B+

Billy Brown-DE [espnu150]

Speed- C
Strength- C+
Pwr Move- C+
Fins Move- B
Block Shd- B-

Anthony Strong-DE [espnu150]

Speed- C+
Strength- B-
Pwr Move- B-
Fins Move- B+
Block Shd- B+

This is on top of the #1 DE recruit in the country, Bo Smith, who was signed prior to Coach Ryby taking over the Canes.

JeffHCross
12-30-2010, 01:37 PM
5 defensive ends, all in ESPNU150? Good grief.

ryby6969
12-30-2010, 01:46 PM
5 defensive ends, all in ESPNU150? Good grief.

Yeah, they were all on the board already. I just had to recruit them for a couple of weeks and they all signed. It is good because my DE's are fairly weak. I see a couple of these guys that might make a nice change to a rush OLB.

JeffHCross
01-02-2011, 07:55 PM
On one of the QBs ... I had my Visit in Week 5, Bama did theirs in Week 10. I moved up to -1 in Week 9 ... and have been at -1 since, including their visit week (I guess you can't commit to a team after a visit without a scholarship offer). That's ridiculous.And now FSU has come from like -600 behind to -220. Granted, it's not surprising since he had a visit in Week 12, but why in the world is he moving up when I'm still stuck at -1?

gschwendt
01-02-2011, 08:12 PM
E.J. Roberts
#11 SS | #218 OVR
[4star] JUCO Jr
6'0" 180 lbs
Ruston, LA
SPD | ACC | TKL | PUR | HPW | PRC | MCV | ZCV
B | B+ | C+ | B+ | B | B- | B | A

If Roberts had more speed, he'd likely be a 5-star prospect, but even without great defensive back speed his measurables are solid and he'll make a solid contribution to the Badger 3-3-5 defense. He'll likely redshirt his first year or at most be a small contributor, however, after a year or two under his belt, he'll likely be ready to step up and play every down. Roberts chose Wisconsin over Big Ten foe Michigan.

gschwendt
01-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Here's one I apparently missed a while back.

Phillip Singleton
#2 WR | #31 OVR
[5star] [espnu150]
6'0" 170 lbs
St. Anthony, ID
SPD | AGI | CTH | RTE | CIT | SPC | REL | JMP
B | B- | C+ | C | B- | B+ | B- | B

With the departure of WR Jeff Duckworth, the Badgers will be looking for a replacement with a reliable set of hands. Singleton comes in ready to contribute in that role and fits almost the same mold that Duckworth was in. Given a couple of years, he'll likely be able to do as well if not better than Duckworth did over his career with the Badgers. Singleton chose Wisconsin over in-state Boise State.

fsuprime
01-02-2011, 09:13 PM
And now FSU has come from like -600 behind to -220. Granted, it's not surprising since he had a visit in Week 12, but why in the world is he moving up when I'm still stuck at -1?

ive had two X2s in a row...disappointing i did not move up more

JeffHCross
01-02-2011, 09:14 PM
ive had two X2s in a row...disappointing i did not move up moreWell, that would do it. I don't think I've hit X2 since very early in the season. Maybe I'll finally hit it again in Week 14.

psusnoop
01-04-2011, 07:33 AM
PSU is done recruiting till the offseason.

ryby6969
01-04-2011, 01:31 PM
PSU is done recruiting till the offseason.

That is what happens when you take my guys.

JeffHCross
01-05-2011, 10:41 PM
And now FSU has come from like -600 behind to -220. Granted, it's not surprising since he had a visit in Week 12, but why in the world is he moving up when I'm still stuck at -1?Now FSU and I are both -1 on one QB, and Tommy and I are both -1 on the other QB. Both QBs are Soft Committed to Alabama, and neither has a scholarship offer.

What the hell.

Well, I ran up 904 points on one and 728 on the other. If this doesn't sign either of them, well ... I'm going to be very frustrated with the way recruiting was coded.

JeffHCross
01-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Week 11 Top 25 Update:
#1 Penn State
#5 Florida State
#7 Michigan
#9 USC
#10 Ohio State
#15 Miami
#16 Virginia Tech
#18 Texas
#24 WisconsinWeek 14 Top 25 Update:
#1 Penn State
#3 Michigan
#7 USC
#9 Florida State
#10 Miami
#14 Ohio State
#19 Virginia Tech
#20 Wisconsin

ryby6969
01-06-2011, 06:02 AM
Good to see Miami is moving up the rankings.

JeffHCross
01-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Well, I ran up 904 points on one and 728 on the other. If this doesn't sign either of them, well ... I'm going to be very frustrated with the way recruiting was coded.Cue frustration.

fsuprime
01-08-2011, 12:40 PM
i had X2s 4 weeks in a row and could not pass anyone lol...yay.

JeffHCross
01-08-2011, 12:43 PM
i had X2s 4 weeks in a row and could not pass anyone lol...yay.I think I got three weeks of Unlocks and 1 X2. Would have much rather had the X2s, lol.

JeffHCross
01-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Still not committed. Ridiculous.

JeffHCross
01-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Week 14 Top 25 Update:
#1 Penn State
#3 Michigan
#7 USC
#9 Florida State
#10 Miami
#14 Ohio State
#19 Virginia Tech
#20 Wisconsin
Final Regular Season Top 25 Update:
#1 Penn State
#3 Michigan
#8 USC
#9 Florida State
#10 Miami
#12 Ohio State
#18 Virginia Tech
#23 Wisconsin

EDIT: Had to share this ... there are currently 1733 players that are Hard Committed to a school.

Escobar
01-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Had to share this ... there are currently 1733 players that are Hard Committed to a school.

And I only have 4...two of which are 5* and 4* QB's. :smh:

JeffHCross
01-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Well ... there are 843 not committed??? Seriously though ... when you consider offseason recruits that's over 2600 players per recruiting class. No wonder they have to procedurally generate them rather than using pre-made classes like Madden does.

JeffHCross
01-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Haven't updated since Week 5 this season, so I thought I'd throw everyone I've signed this season into one post. This is Ohio State's class, of course.

Joel Jackson
#2 SS | #44 OVR
[espnu150] [4star]
Bridgetown North, OH
6'1" 171 lbs
Hard Hitter
ZCV|MCV|HPW|ACC
B+|B-|B-|B
Despite having three underclassmen at SS, Jackson's talent could not be ignored by the Ohio State recruiters. Because the Buckeyes do have significant depth at that position, it is particularly hoped that Jackson will be able to take a year off and redshirt before being needed on the field.

Quinton Johnson
#8 QB | #67 OVR
[espnu150] [4star]
Hobart, OK
6'4" 189 lbs
Balanced
THP|THA|SPD
B|B-|C
With a decent arm and an above-average ability to run, Johnson was quickly a Buckeye target with the impending graduation of QB Joe Germaine and top backup QB Mark Garcia. While not the most impressive scrambler in the class, Johnson's talents mesh well with the future of the Ohio State offense.

Tyler Russell
#8 G | #79 OVR
[espnu150] [4star]
Albion, MI
6'5" 305 lbs
Balanced
ACC|IBL|RBS|PBS
B|B-|B|B-
Another Michigan man runs away from the home state school and crosses the border into Ohio. Russell will probably cement himself at the RG position where only Sophomore Ben Gilbert currently lines up for the Buckeyes. Russell will certainly assert himself as the starter-to-be, and is expected to make regular contributions to the line's rotation.

Chase Mitchell
#19 MLB
[4star]
Alliance, OH
6'0" 241 lbs
Balanced
ACC|SPD|PUR
B+|B-|C+
Build a fence around Ohio and then go recruit nationally. That's what ESPN Head of National Recruiting Tom Luginbill says about Ohio State's recruiting strategy. While Ohio State has been losing top recruits to other area schools in recent years, the Buckeyes still fight for every Ohio prospect they can. The Buckeyes were almost stunned by MAC contender Toledo, who recruited Mitchell very hard. But in the end, the lure of Columbus was too much as the Buckeyes get another solid defensive recruit for 2013.

Jason Roberson
#21 DT
[4star]
Dublin, OH
6'4" 254 lbs
Run Stopper
STR|TAK|PMV|BSH
B|C+|C+|C+
Almost a carbon copy of fellow DT recruit Ty Horton, give or take 40 pounds, Roberson is another Ohio committment for the Buckeyes' defense. While lacking the speed and mobility that some schools would want out of their interior linemen, Roberson doesn't give an inch inside the trenches, and has demonstrated above-average ability to get around blocks. His tackling is impressive when you consider his lack of explosiveness, and the Buckeyes hope that Roberson can add some weight once he comes to Columbus.

T.J. Norman
#20 G
[4star]
Westlake, OH
6'5" 325 lbs
Balanced
ACC|RBF|RBS|PBS
A-|C+|C|C
Another depth signee, Norman was targeted to bring some reliability to the back end of the offensive line rotation. Because he needs to grow on the practice field, it is hoped that Norman will be able to redshirt in his first season in Columbus.

Ty Horton
#25 DT
[4star]
Madeira, OH
6'3" 292 lbs
Run Stopper
STR|PMV|BSH|HPW
B|C+|C+|C
One reason for Ohio State's 2012 "experiment" in the 34 defense was a lack of depth up front. While the Buckeyes are confident they have enough depth for a 2013 return to the 4-2-5, the future of the defensive line is a concern. Ty Horton's early commitment to the Buckeyes does help quell some of those concerns. Horton does not have the talent necessary to immediately start at the Big Ten level, but since he has two sophomores-to-be in front of him, that shouldn't be a problem.

Scott Battle
#37 DE
[3star]
Amherst, OH
6'1" 247 lbs
Balanced
ACC|PMV|FMV|BSH
B-|C+|C+|B-
Like the Buckeyes' first commitment, Ty Horton, Scott Battle was targeted because he had expressed interest in staying in Columbus, and would fill a badly needed depth spot on the defensive line. While technically a position of need, Battle is coming in behind two sophomores-to-be in Kenny Peterson and Rodney Bailey. He's not expected to challenge either of them once he steps on campus, it is hoped that Battle can provide a solid, dependable rotation on the defensive front.

Eddie Johnson
#39 CB (JUCO - So)
[3star]
Lambertville, MI
5'9" 178 lbs
Balanced
SPD|ACC|ZCV|PRC
A-|B|B+|B
Even the recruit himself, Eddie Johnson, would admit he's not normally the type of player that is recruited to wear scarlet and gray. Johnson benefited from a lackluster recruiting class while the Buckeyes had a position of need at defensive back. Buckeye coaches hope that his year at Junior College will help Johnson develop some of his raw physical talent. Johnson carries plenty of top end speed, but struggles a little more with his starting acceleration, and may lack the directional agility that cornerbacks need. However, he will help shore up a depleted secondary for years to come.

Thomas Galloway
#19 OLB
[3star]
League City, TX
6'0" 220 lbs
Run Stopper
ACC|SPD|HPW|STR
A|B|B|B-
Ohio State taps that black gold Texas pipeline again, landing OLB Thomas Galloway. Galloway is expected to make a contribution as early as next season at OLB, with the Buckeyes expected to return to the 4-3 defense. Galloway could use some time in the gym and on the practice field, but the linebacker depth concerns may not allow it.

D.D. Thompson
#21 OLB (JUCO - Jr)
[3star]
Winchester, VA
5'11" 209 lbs
Run Stopper
ACC|HPW|STR|SPD|AGI|TAK|BSH
A+|B|B|B-|B-|B-|B-
A raw physical specimen from northwest of Washington DC, Thompson is another linebacker, and another junior college transfer, that found himself at a position of need for the Buckeyes' defense. Thompson impressed on the Junior College field with his rapid acceleration, moving from strafing the line to tackling the ballcarrier in the metaphorical blink of an eye. He doesn't have quite the top end speed that Big Ten linebackers are likely to need, but Thompson's acceleration, agility, and tackling may be able to make up for that lacking quality. With the Buckeyes expected to return to the 4-3 next season, Thompson may redshirt or play depending on depth.

Rob Callahan
#27 OLB
[3star]
Sawmills, NC
6'5" 219 lbs
Run Stopper
ACC|PRC|BSH
B+|B-|C+
The third, yes, third, outside linebacker committment for Ohio State is Rob Callahan. Callahan is by far the tallest linebacker coming to Columbus, but he's also the most raw. Callahan will need a lot of work on the practice field and weight room before he's ready to take the field in the Big Ten. The Rivals.com message boards have claimed that Callahan practically begged Ohio State to take him on and redshirt him, as even the young man realized he needed another year of work. Ohio State coaches, still concerned about their depth, may not have a choice.

Chris Phillips
#48 T
[3star]
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
6'3" 290 lbs
Balanced
ACC|RBS|RBF|PBS|PBF
B+|C|C|C-|C-
An overlooked linemen from Canada, Phillips is the prototype of a dependable, balanced offensive line prospect. While he doesn't share the limelight with top linemen, Phillips will be a solid contributer to the Ohio State offensive line when he has an opportunity. Phillips should play a backup role for at least two seasons, possibly with one redshirt year.

Stephen Clark
#59 CB
[3star]
Mountain Brook, Alabama
6'1" 183 lbs
Hard Hitter
SPD|ACC|MCV|ZCV
B|B+|C+|C+
Clark is yet another example of adding depth at Ohio State in the 2013 class. With three cornerbacks leaving Columbus after this season, the Buckeyes were left with a solid, dependable group of corners, but no 2nd team to mass sub later in the contest. It is currently hoped that Clark will be able to stay under the radar and redshirt for one season before jumping into Big Ten competition.

Patrick Nichols
#59 T
[3star]
Dade City, FL
6'4" 327 lbs
Run Block
RBK|IBL|RBF|RBS
C|C|B-|C
A truly massive big man, Nichols will probably be the 5th tackle on Ohio State's roster next season. He needs at least one or two years to turn physical talent into football talent, and right now is arguably a hinderance in the passing game. However, Nichols' skill in run blocking was too obvious to pass up, especially for a Buckeye team needing offensive line depth.

JeffHCross
01-08-2011, 11:02 PM
And, not that you guys care, but here's what I get to work with in A&M:
FS #4 Tate
WR #13 Lilly
DE #18 Peterson
SS #12 Broussard
FS #15 Bryant
HB #29 Patterson
DE #26 Mckinney
CB #15 Jones
CB #17 Purcell
TE #23 Lemon
CB #29 Reed
P #6 Walker
P #7 Nichols
FB #36 Campbell

Tate is extremely impressive, with A SPD and ACC, and may get a look at other positions (namely SS). Peterson will also be an interesting prospect, since he comes highly rated in Pursuit and Block Shedding. Either Jones or Purcell will be moved to FS if Tate moves to SS. None of the others are anything worth writing home about, and it's amusing that they signed two punters who are both horrible. D+ power for both. I'm going to cry if kicking recruits aren't considerably better in NCAA 12.

Papa LoneStar
01-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Don't remind me about Tate :-(

JeffHCross
01-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Don't remind me about Tate :-(Oh, trust me, I plan to use that against you often.

It's about the only thing I've got going for me!

JeffHCross
01-13-2011, 06:17 PM
I assume I already know the answer to this ... but DT #5 Bratton, who has Miami and FSU as Top 2 schools ... he's a new Offseason recruit, right?

ryby6969
01-13-2011, 06:19 PM
I assume I already know the answer to this ... but DT #5 Bratton, who has Miami and FSU as Top 2 schools ... he's a new Offseason recruit, right?

That he is. He should look good in orange and green.;)

JeffHCross
01-13-2011, 06:21 PM
That he is. He should look good in orange and green.;)Strange thing ... he was already on A&M's board when I switched to them. I wonder if the CPU teams are able to "add" (but not recruit) the new recruits when we advance to Offseason Week 1.

Kingpin32
01-13-2011, 11:23 PM
If I can get this plethora of :4 star:s I added to my board, I'll be in good shape for the next few seasons. I"m hoping I get 1 out of the 2 QBs I'm going after right now.

Papa LoneStar
01-14-2011, 12:00 AM
I was gonna look at that #5 DT as a possible strongside DE....but I see I would be wasting my time if I continued recruiting him.

fsuprime
01-14-2011, 07:29 AM
when has that stopped you before ;)

gschwendt
01-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Through Week 2 of the Offseason

Keith Weaver
#76 DE | #917 OVR
[3star]
6'6" 202 lbs
Fort Hood, TX
SPD | STR | TKL | PMV | FMV | BSH | HPW
C- | B | B- | C | C- | C+ | B-

Kelechi Collier
#15 QB | #170 OVR
[4star]
6'1" 183 lbs
Centerville, SC
SPD | AWR | THP | THA
D | D+ | B | B-

Sean Perry
#73 WR | #457 OVR
[3star]
6'6" 205 lbs
Del Rio, TX
SPD | AGI | JMP | CTH | CIT | RTE | SPC | REL
B- | C+ | B- | D+ | C- | D | D | D-

Kenneth Handy
#33 OLB | #993 OVR
[3star] JUCO Sophomore
6'1" 237 lbs
Washington, DC
SPD | AGI | STR | TKL | PRC | BSH | PUR | HPW | MCV | ZCV
B- | C- | C+ | C+ | C | C | C | B- | C | B-

Andre Jefferson
#97 DT | #1270 OVR
[3star] JUCO Junior
6'4" 262 lbs
Zanesville, OH
SPD | STR | PMV | FMV | BSH | PUR | TKL
D- | B | C+ | C | C- | C | C+

Kendall Jude
#5 FS | #105 OVR
[4star] [espnu150]
6'0" 177 lbs
Riverview, MI
SPD | ACC | AGI | ZCV | MCV | TKL | PUR | HPW | PRS | PRC
A | B+ | B | B | C | B- | C | C+ | C+ | C-

psusnoop
01-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Nice signing of Kendall Jude, I love his speed and ACC from the FS position. I tried to sneak on his board but had no such luck. I was hoping to RS him big time.

Another note, I have only 2 promises hidden now. I have unlocked all of them but 2, Yippie!!

Papa LoneStar
01-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Another note, I have only 2 promises hidden now. I have unlocked all of them but 2, Yippie!!

They are definitely helpful. I unlocked 'em all after the 2012 regular season (McDaniel, Campbell, etc.) due to promising them a conference title their 1st year on campus during the recruiting part of the 2011 regular season. Helped big-time....I really use the top 10 and games in home state one for out-of-state recruits....big-time points.

JeffHCross
01-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Considering that I have been utterly unable to use anything other than "No Redshirt" and a couple of "Solid Playing Time" promises (i.e. no "Winning record versus rivals" or conference title promises for me), I think it's pretty impressive that I've unlocked all but 3.

ryby6969
01-14-2011, 07:03 PM
#5 DT Orlando Bratton is now a Cane!:nod:

gschwendt
01-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Sean Griffin
#125 CB | #1539 OVR
[2star] JUCO Junior
6'1" 171 lbs
Farmington, MO
SPD | ACC | AGI | MCV | ZCV | TKL | PRC | PUR | HPW
B+ | B- | B- | C | B | C- | C+ | C | C
Griffin will move to free safety and is a good addition to the Badgers simply because he will allow their defense to develop recently signed FS Kendall Jude during his redshirt year.

Iron Dragon
01-14-2011, 08:12 PM
I am so SCREWED at QB.

JeffHCross
01-14-2011, 10:05 PM
I am so SCREWED at QB.I thought you said that your QB, who was entering the draft, swayed to coming back, since you were able to transfer the files when you did some of them one at a time.

Iron Dragon
01-14-2011, 10:23 PM
I thought you said that your QB, who was entering the draft, swayed to coming back, since you were able to transfer the files when you did some of them one at a time.

Nope, he went pro when it would finally save.. :smh:

The only QB on my roster who I can't even name is rated as a D.

Oneback
01-14-2011, 10:37 PM
Nope, he went pro when it would finally save.. :smh:

The only QB on my roster who I can't even name is rated as a D.

Looks like it will be a rebuilding year for the sooners. If we could I'd trade you a QB for some corners.

JeffHCross
01-14-2011, 11:01 PM
The QBs on the depth charts at Texas and Penn State versus the depth charts at Ohio State and Oklahoma suggest that "ambition" needs to be added for players in NCAA 12. Far too few transfers from major schools to other schools with needs.

Iron Dragon
01-15-2011, 07:28 AM
The QBs on the depth charts at Texas and Penn State versus the depth charts at Ohio State and Oklahoma suggest that "ambition" needs to be added for players in NCAA 12. Far too few transfers from major schools to other schools with needs.

All my QBs that I've targeted have headed to basically one of you guys, too.. even with two soft commits from 4*s during the season, and targetting two more 4-stars now along with a couple 3*s and even a 2-star JUCO SO.

I'm desperate at this point.. I don't understand either how a 5* team can start the year with only 6 players having them in first.

Iron Dragon
01-15-2011, 07:34 AM
Looks like it will be a rebuilding year for the sooners. If we could I'd trade you a QB for some corners.

It shouldn't be, but the whole not being able to get transfers to fully saved screwed me over since I could talk back my 3rd best WR who had a great year, and then my #2 recruit from last year who both are now at Florida St., and then Bell going pro for some awful reason.

This team was going to be loaded on offense, but now without a QB and only two good WRs, and a poor defense, we can't outscore people like we're probably going to have too.

7-5 would be a major success this year, and the same for next year. I'd project my ratings to be at B- OVR, with a B OFF and a C DEF this year, which probably puts us last ratings wise.

gschwendt
01-16-2011, 01:49 PM
John Lane
#9 QB | #70 OVR
[4star] [espnu150]
6'5" 188 lbs
Masonboro, NC
SPD | ACC | AGI | THP | THA | ELU | BTK | CAR
B- | B | C+ | B+ | C | C+ | C+ | C
Wisconsin managed to steal a recruit away from Clemson at the 11th hour this week as John Lane chose the Badgers over the Tigers. Lane joins fellow QB Collier as two 4-star QB prospects to sign with the Badgers giving them a bright hope for future seasons. Both will redshirt this upcoming next season and hopefully develop into potential starters, each with their own role.