PDA

View Full Version : The Official PS3 & PS4 Trophy Leaderboard / Discussion / Support Group

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

JBHuskers
05-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Damn....can't trophy whore this game :fdown: it's only for Wii and DS

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2011/05/screenshotnoisy01_530x298.jpg

I OU a Beatn
05-20-2011, 08:07 PM
I don't suppose anyone has Anarchy: Rush Hour?

Violator
05-23-2011, 11:17 AM
never heard of it

I OU a Beatn
05-30-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm not going to have access to my PS3 for a week or two, so do you guys just want me to post the updated stats from the trophy cards, or does someone else want to do it? I'll be fine doing it from the trophy cards, and from what I've seen, they're pretty damn accurate anyway, so I think it should be close if not perfect to the actual stats.

JBHuskers
05-30-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm not going to have access to my PS3 for a week or two, so do you guys just want me to post the updated stats from the trophy cards, or does someone else want to do it? I'll be fine doing it from the trophy cards, and from what I've seen, they're pretty damn accurate anyway, so I think it should be close if not perfect to the actual stats.

Go ahead and do it now, that's fine bro. It's a month and a half of data anyways :D #thanksPSN

CLW
05-30-2011, 11:55 AM
Go ahead and do it now, that's fine bro. It's a month and a half of data anyways :D #thanksPSN

this. i've been slackin lately too. not a good 1 1/2 month on the trophy whoring front.

I OU a Beatn
05-30-2011, 12:04 PM
I'll still post it on June 1, I'll just have to use the data I get from the trophy cards, which should be fine. They seem to update pretty quickly, anyway.

JBHuskers
05-30-2011, 12:06 PM
I'll still post it on June 1, I'll just have to use the data I get from the trophy cards, which should be fine. They seem to update pretty quickly, anyway.

Mine's up to date after a few trophy grabs on L.A. Noire last night.

I OU a Beatn
06-01-2011, 11:16 PM
For the record, I would've had this up today if Sony would let me log into PSN.

Violator
06-02-2011, 01:49 PM
For the record, I would've had this up today if Sony would let me log into PSN.

suuuuuuuuuure you wouldve. you just dont wanna see my awesomeness for 2 months

I OU a Beatn
06-02-2011, 02:38 PM
As soon as my trophies sync up I'll have it updated. I went on a downloading spree and I forgot to get the leaderboard updated. It'll be up by this evening.

CLW
06-02-2011, 03:02 PM
suuuuuuuuuure you wouldve. you just dont wanna see my awesomeness for 2 months

Over/Under for Violator trophies during the past two months = 250?

SmoothPancakes
06-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Over/Under for Violator trophies during the past two months = 250?

350, so over.

I OU a Beatn
06-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Killzone 3 is like a trophy whore's dream. It had 50 trophies to launch, it added 14 more with their last DLC, and I just synched my trophies up, and they added 13 more for the next DLC. :D

JBHuskers
06-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Killzone 3 is like a trophy whore's dream. It had 50 trophies to launch, it added 14 more with their last DLC, and I just synched my trophies up, and they added 13 more for the next DLC. :D

The DLC is free for PS+ members too :D

I OU a Beatn
06-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Yup, KZ3 had 84 trophies when they finally stopped, if I'm remembering correctly. KZ3 is already up to 77 and I don't think they're done yet. :D

I OU a Beatn
06-02-2011, 03:47 PM
The Trophy Whore Leaderboard for June 2011!
*PSN Is Finally Back Edition*

Position | Trophy Card | # Trophies | # Platinums

1 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/The__Violator.png | 4302 (+264) | 68 (+3)
2 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/I_OU_a-Beatn.png | 1901 (+87) | 24 (+1)
3 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/JBHuskers.png | 1527 (+35) | 8 (-)
4 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/cdj.png | 1517 (+28) | 8 (-)
5 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/souljahbill.png | 775 (+15) | 0 (-)
6 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/gschwendt.png | 770 (+26) | 1 (-)
7 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/TheKingPin32.png | 614 (+19) | 0 (-)
8 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/JeffHCross.png | 515 (+25) | 2 (+1)
9 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/clw22580.png | 509 (+36) | 2 (-)
10 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/gpellis.png | 473 (+38) | 0 (-)
11 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/skipwondah33.png | 233 (+12) | 0 (-) |

Trophy Whore of the Month!

JeffHCross! Jeff gained his 2nd platinum at some point during the 2 months this accounts for, I'm guessing for NCAA Football '11. Congrats to him! I would have a post bit icon for you, Jeff, but the admin here is slacking. :P

I had the most with 87 and 1, V was 2nd with 50 and zero(if I'm not mistaken, this is the first time he didn't get a platinum in a month, and this is for TWO months :whoa:), while gpellis rounded out the top 3 with 38 and zero.

Once again want to call out a few of the several battles. JB and CDJ are still going at it for the chance to represent the biggest Corn Husker Trophy Whore on TGT. JB cleared out a little more room by outgaining CDJ this past two months by 7.

Souljabill overtook G during the last update, and G came on strong to close the gap to 5. Considering inFAMOUS 2 is coming out this month, this could be interesting.

CLW made a furious charge at Jeff this month, and pulled to within 6 trophies. They both even have 2 platinum trophies! There's definitely going to be some interesting battles here over the next month.

CLW
06-02-2011, 05:46 PM
JeffHCross! Jeff gained his 2nd platinum at some point during the 2 months this accounts for, I'm guessing for NCAA Football '11. Congrats to him! I would have a post bit icon for you, Jeff, but the admin here is slacking. :P

I had the most with 87 and 1, V was 2nd with 50 and zero(if I'm not mistaken, this is the first time he didn't get a platinum in a month, and this is for TWO months :whoa:), while gpellis rounded out the top 3 with 38 and zero.

Once again want to call out a few of the several battles. JB and CDJ are still going at it for the chance to represent the biggest Corn Husker Trophy Whore on TGT. JB cleared out a little more room by outgaining CDJ this past two months by 7.

Souljabill overtook G during the last update, and G came on strong to close the gap to 5. Considering inFAMOUS 2 is coming out this month, this could be interesting.

CLW made a furious charge at Jeff this month, and pulled to within 6 trophies. They both even have 2 platinum trophies! There's definitely going to be some interesting battles here over the next month.

Trophy whore icon/trophy now slacker admins! :nod:

Jeff and I seem to be in a pretty consistent and tight trophy whoring pace. My "goal" this month is 2 Plats. I need 1 trophy for NCAA 11 and I think I can also knock out YDKJ with some help of my TGT brethren online.

I OU a Beatn
06-02-2011, 05:49 PM
I think I'm going to start factoring in my 360 achievements, too. I'd be really close to 3,000 total achievements/trophies if I did. I wonder if anyone would notice. :P

DariusLock
06-02-2011, 07:17 PM
http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/lusogamer/gamercard_default/DLock119.png

:(

JeffHCross
06-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Anything that needs done to get those trophy cards to show? Or did I just happen to get a lot of red x's.

I OU a Beatn
06-02-2011, 09:59 PM
They're working for me. :dunno:

JBHuskers
06-03-2011, 01:00 AM
Anything that needs done to get those trophy cards to show? Or did I just happen to get a lot of red x's.

I'm getting some red X's too on a few.

gschwendt
06-03-2011, 09:03 AM
I think it's simply that the site that hosts them has too much traffic... the ones that come up "red x" are different each time I load the page.

Violator
06-03-2011, 11:35 AM
woah, that is WAAAAY off, i havent synched so i am guessing that is why but i grabbed over 3 plats. so guess we will need an updated. i will synch at lunch

CLW
06-03-2011, 11:45 AM
woah, that is WAAAAY off, i havent synched so i am guessing that is why but i grabbed over 3 plats. so guess we will need an updated. i will synch at lunch

Now thats the Violator I'm familiar with 3+ Plats nice work!

I OU a Beatn
06-03-2011, 11:59 AM
:D:D:D:D

When I was putting the list together and saw you only had 50 and zero, I was like..."what the hell?"

I OU a Beatn
06-03-2011, 01:54 PM
I updated Violator's trophy count so he didn't have a head start on next month's. It's probably a good thing I did, as he didn't have 50 trophies and zero platinums - he had 264 and 3 platinums. :D

Are the trophy cards working for you guys? If not, I may have to switch again.

gschwendt
06-03-2011, 01:55 PM
They're all hit or miss for me... sometimes most of them show but rarely do they all show.

Violator
06-03-2011, 03:01 PM
I updated Violator's trophy count so he didn't have a head start on next month's. It's probably a good thing I did, as he didn't have 50 trophies and zero platinums - he had 264 and 3 platinums. :D

ha ha, yeah i hopped on and synched up. hell i even did some boosting to get the plat for wwe all stars which is something i RARELY do.

I OU a Beatn
06-03-2011, 03:06 PM
ha ha, yeah i hopped on and synched up. hell i even did some boosting to get the plat for wwe all stars which is something i RARELY do.

Oh, V. :smh:

I guess I'm going to asterisk your name.

I've boosted before. I did for Crysis 2 and those bullshit skill shots. What kind of idiot is going to walk in front of a car while I'm sitting there so I can kick it into him? How am I supposed to get 5 kills in 5 seconds when there's only 6 players per team? Stupid. There's a couple others that I have to boost, too.

Violator
06-03-2011, 04:26 PM
yeah wwe all stars was a bit of a pain, get 50 wins was only a pain because you couldnt do rematches, you had to exit the game, start a new lobby and then reinvite the person, took 5 hours to get 100 matches

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Apparently the site that hosts the gamercards is down due to an upgrade. Hopefully that will take care of the issues with the images not showing.

I OU a Beatn
06-08-2011, 09:31 AM
I might have the highest platinum to regular trophy ratio we've ever seen this month. No kiddin'.

Also, the site I was using for the trophy cards apparently stopped using them. Whether that's temporary or permanent, I don't know. They upgraded to a new version of their site and they took down the hosting for all the cards and there's not even a section on their website to generate a card anymore.

The one I was using before(yourgamercards.net) doesn't update hardly ever, which is why I switched in the first place. There's always PS3T.com, but I'm 99% sure you actually have to have a profile on there to get access to the cards, and even then you have to manually synchronize them. Ugh.

gschwendt
06-08-2011, 09:36 AM
I might have the highest platinum to regular trophy ratio we've ever seen this month. No kiddin'.

Also, the site I was using for the trophy cards apparently stopped using them. Whether that's temporary or permanent, I don't know. They upgraded to a new version of their site and they took down the hosting for all the cards and there's not even a section on their website to generate a card anymore.

The one I was using before(yourgamercards.net) doesn't update hardly ever, which is why I switched in the first place. There's always PS3T.com, but I'm 99% sure you actually have to have a profile on there to get access to the cards, and even then you have to manually synchronize them. Ugh.
You could use the ones that are linked in our profile here on the site... it's not the prettiest but it can get the job done.
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/gschwendt.png

gschwendt
06-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Actually that won't work either... that image is at least 100 trophies behind my current count.

I OU a Beatn
06-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Yeah, you have to manually update those. Looks like that Lusogamer site went back to the old and they do have a section for it now, it just gives me a 404 error. Maybe they were just doing something special for E3, I don't know. Hopefully they get it fixed, they're by far the best at updating them automatically.

I OU a Beatn
06-08-2011, 10:43 AM
They're back!

JeffHCross
06-08-2011, 10:55 PM
I might have the highest platinum to regular trophy ratio we've ever seen this month. No kiddin'.With 3 trophies I could get 2 platinums.

JBHuskers
06-09-2011, 08:45 AM
Actually that won't work either... that image is at least 100 trophies behind my current count.

Yeah to update those you go into your account at us.playstation.com, go to Portable ID, and update.

I OU a Beatn
06-09-2011, 09:22 AM
With 3 trophies I could get 2 platinums.

With about 12 trophies I could get 6 platinums. I'm that close on several games, I just needed a second controller.

I OU a Beatn
06-09-2011, 05:56 PM
KZ3 platinum is finally mine! Whoever thought it would be smart to require having two controllers for a trophy is an idiot.

CLW
06-10-2011, 03:44 PM
I need to finish off the damn Plat for NCAA 11. I just need the #1 from start to finish trophy for the Plat. Roll Tide :Alabama: this weekend. :nod:

Violator
06-10-2011, 05:55 PM
I seriously hate games that put in trophies for mulitplayer. Ass Creed Brotherhood is a great game but the online is shit. And that game should never have been online, devs need to make a great game and not try to force multiplayer in it.

I OU a Beatn
06-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Agreed...on some games. Brotherhood shouldn't have had online trophies. KZ3, however, should have...and it had virtually none. Developers need to put a little more thought into them as far as I'm concerned. For example, if your game sucks, don't make me get 10,000 kills online.

JBHuskers
06-10-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm not even close on NCAA 11's plat this year.....I just need to do NCAA 10's RTG on freshman and throw a ton of hail mary's and I will have the plat there, but I just haven't sat down to do it yet.

JeffHCross
06-10-2011, 09:28 PM
KZ3 platinum is finally mine! Whoever thought it would be smart to require having two controllers for a trophy is an idiot.I can top that. EA Sports Active has a trophy that requires you complete a workout with a friend. Which requires an entire second set of USB/Armband/Legband.

Considering I've had more than two controllers on every system I've ever owned, that's nothing compared.

I OU a Beatn
06-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Yeah, that's much more lame.

I OU a Beatn
06-15-2011, 06:23 PM
I think I'm going to try to platinum Red Dead Redemption after I finish up Dead Nation, which should be today or tomorrow. It's a fairly hard to obtain platinum that I think would be fun to go after.

Anyone have it on here? V?

I OU a Beatn
06-15-2011, 11:05 PM
http://www.ps3trophies.com/images/games/NPWR01007/trophies/1Lefe39c.png

FINALLY! Easily one of the hardest platinum trophies I've ever gotten. It's right up there with KZ2 and World at War for me.

JBHuskers
06-16-2011, 10:32 AM
You're really going to be a PS3 trophy whore now huh Beatn...

Violator
06-16-2011, 04:47 PM
No i dont have RDR plat. Again I have all offline, but I didnt care for the online so i am short all of the online ones.

I OU a Beatn
06-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Call of Duty games on Veteran are utter BS. No Fighting in the War Room on COD4 Veteran was the 2nd hardest level I've ever beaten, with Mile High Club on COD4 on Veteran being the first. World at War on Veteran was just an utter nightmare throughout. I don't remember MW2 being too difficult, but I'm sure it had it's moments. Call of Duty Classic was a nightmare through the entire game. I'm playing through Black Ops right now and I want to punch a baby, yet again.

JBHuskers
06-22-2011, 09:17 PM
On CoD, they can snipe you with a shotgun from 100 yds away the second you peek your head out :D

Violator
06-22-2011, 11:05 PM
yeah mw2 wasnt bad at all, i HATED the one level on WaW with the dudes popping out of the ground with the flamethrowers. I ended up having to do it twice because it gave me a chechpoint and when i would spawn there was a guy right there with a flamethrower killing me. I didnt have any issue with BLOPS. And i agree mile high club has to be the hardest level ever. And anyone here own Bulletstorm? I got most trophies on a rent and its coming from Gamefly and i would do the co op but not gonna spend that time with some random douche

I OU a Beatn
06-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Do you mean the "score 50,000 on a wave as a team"? That's the only one I need on 360, and yeah, it's impossible with random players. You have to get to the last wave and pretty much do that wave perfectly to get that many points. It's also a pretty long grind to level 65, but if you find someone who knows what they're doing, it'll go a lot faster.

As for Black Ops, it hasn't been overly hard so far. I'm just a part that is really annoying and reminds me a lot of how "No Fighting in the War Room" was on COD4. It's just annoying how insanely accurate the AI is on Veteran.

SmoothPancakes
06-23-2011, 06:35 AM
Call of Duty games on Veteran are utter BS. No Fighting in the War Room on COD4 Veteran was the 2nd hardest level I've ever beaten, with Mile High Club on COD4 on Veteran being the first. World at War on Veteran was just an utter nightmare throughout. I don't remember MW2 being too difficult, but I'm sure it had it's moments. Call of Duty Classic was a nightmare through the entire game. I'm playing through Black Ops right now and I want to punch a baby, yet again.

yeah mw2 wasnt bad at all, i HATED the one level on WaW with the dudes popping out of the ground with the flamethrowers. I ended up having to do it twice because it gave me a chechpoint and when i would spawn there was a guy right there with a flamethrower killing me. I didnt have any issue with BLOPS. And i agree mile high club has to be the hardest level ever. And anyone here own Bulletstorm? I got most trophies on a rent and its coming from Gamefly and i would do the co op but not gonna spend that time with some random douche

Do you mean the "score 50,000 on a wave as a team"? That's the only one I need on 360, and yeah, it's impossible with random players. You have to get to the last wave and pretty much do that wave perfectly to get that many points. It's also a pretty long grind to level 65, but if you find someone who knows what they're doing, it'll go a lot faster.

As for Black Ops, it hasn't been overly hard so far. I'm just a part that is really annoying and reminds me a lot of how "No Fighting in the War Room" was on COD4. It's just annoying how insanely accurate the AI is on Veteran.

Even though this is the PS3 group, I'm jumping over just to say my agreement with you two. I've tried COD4 a couple times on Veteran, definite pain in the ass. I haven't even tried Mile High Club on Veteran and I already know that is going to be a giant bitch to do. WaW, I've started working on Veteran on it in the past, also an overall bitch due to them being accurate as hell and never ending.

MW2, by far the easiest COD game to complete on Veteran. There is a set and specific number of enemies in each area, all in the exact same place as they were the last time you played through, so it's just a matter of working your way through, if you die, look for where that person was and be ready for him the next time, etc. It's nothing more than just going slow, being patient, and remembering/memorizing where each enemy is in each area of the level.

Black Ops, I haven't attempted on Veteran yet, but plan to eventually, and I can already tell for a fact there will be some levels that well leave me wanting to go apeshit on something just to take the frustration out.

Violator
06-23-2011, 09:21 AM
yeah beatn i know theres a couple you need to actually have a patner on and i was hoping someone had it so we could grind out the level 65. but if not looks like it will be another one of those games where i get 90% of trophies but due to FORCING people to play online it wont be a plat

I OU a Beatn
06-23-2011, 04:16 PM
I think I'm going to force myself to try to finish off the MAG platinum before the online totally dies. I have a feeling this is going to end the same way the 10,000 kills on R2 ended.

I OU a Beatn
06-25-2011, 01:09 PM
Black Ops Veteran trophies done. :easy:

JBHuskers
06-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Black Ops Veteran trophies done. :easy:

Black Ops Veteran isn't too bad?

I OU a Beatn
06-25-2011, 03:14 PM
There's a couple pretty bad spots, but it's about the same as MW2.

I OU a Beatn
06-25-2011, 04:53 PM
I guess I've encountered a stupid trophy glitch. You have to blow up all the vehicles on Black Ops while you're escaping Tortuka, and I know for a 100% fact that I am, and yet...no trophy. Stupid. Of course it's clear at the end of the level, too.

JBHuskers
06-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Have you looked up this glitch to see if it is a well-known problem?

I OU a Beatn
06-25-2011, 05:22 PM
I've seen people bitching about not being able to hit the one truck, but I've been able to hit it every single time. I guess I'm going to restart the level and blow up every truck I see. I don't really know what else to do.

JBHuskers
06-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Just got a hole in one on Augusta #4....about 50% on trophies there.

Violator
06-26-2011, 01:32 PM
I've seen people bitching about not being able to hit the one truck, but I've been able to hit it every single time. I guess I'm going to restart the level and blow up every truck I see. I don't really know what else to do.

yeah its a glitch. i had done it about 10 times and i never got it, so i just said screw it

I OU a Beatn
06-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Do you know what it includes? Does it just include the part where you're on the back of the truck? Or does it include the part where you're on the motorcycle with the shotgun and/or the part before where you have the Death Machine? Ugh, I foresee this being really annoying.

JBHuskers
06-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Cars 2 is so far VERY easy....might plat this on a one-night Redbox rental :D

JBHuskers
06-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Hoping to get the Cars 2 platinum tonight :up:

JBHuskers
06-27-2011, 08:04 PM
One trophy away from the platinum....not sure I will be able to get it done before 9pm so I'll probably have to pay an extra $2 :D

JBHuskers
06-27-2011, 09:10 PM
Redbox is REAL nice, they have their clocks 7 or 8 minutes slow :D :D :D it was 9:02 or 9:03 when I returned the disc....

Your copy of "Cars 2 PS3" was successfully returned on 6/27/2011 8:55:22 PM. You kept "Cars 2 PS3" for 1 day(s).

You paid for "Cars 2 PS3" when you picked up your disc and will not receive any additional charges.

SmoothPancakes
06-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Did you Plat it?

JBHuskers
06-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Did you Plat it?

:nod: rented it around 1PM yesterday, plat'd it just before 9PM tonight.

SmoothPancakes
06-27-2011, 09:37 PM
:nod: rented it around 1PM yesterday, plat'd it just before 9PM tonight.

Nice! I may look into picked it up sometime for 360 then, get that very simple and easy 1000G. What's the earliest that you can rent from Redbox without having to return it at 9pm that night?

JBHuskers
06-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Nice! I may look into picked it up sometime for 360 then, get that very simple and easy 1000G. What's the earliest that you can rent from Redbox without having to return it at 9pm that night?

No clue. I've tried 1PM and 5PM now....

I OU a Beatn
06-27-2011, 10:02 PM
You guys should be ashamed. :D

JBHuskers
06-27-2011, 10:31 PM
You guys should be ashamed. :D

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? :D

JBHuskers
06-27-2011, 10:32 PM
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stfBPzmHm70

I OU a Beatn
07-01-2011, 04:04 PM
The Gaming Tailgate Presents
The Trophy Whore Leaderboard for July 2011!

1 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/The__Violator.png | 4303 (+1) | 68 (-1)
2 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/I_OU_a-Beatn.png | 1951 (+50) | 26 (+2)
3 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/JBHuskers.png | 1620 (+93) | 9 (+1)
4 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/cdj.png | 1573 (+56) | 10 (+2)
5 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/gschwendt.png | 859 (+89) | 2 (+1)
6 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/souljahbill.png | 779 (+4) | 0 (-)
7 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/TheKingPin32.png | 615 (+1) | 0 (-)
8 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/JeffHCross.png | 533 (+18) | 2 (-)
9 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/clw22580.png | 510 (+1) | 2 (-)
10 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/gpellis.png | 473 (-) | 0 (-)
11 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/skipwondah33.png | 251 (+18) | 0 (-) |
12 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/DLock119.png | 240(-) | 0(-)

In what was the closest competition yet for Whore of the Month, Gschwendt edges everyone out. He was able to have one of his more productive months with 89 trophies and 2 platinum trophies so congratulations!

Summary

In what was one of the best months yet total, JB had the most with 93 trophies and a platinum, followed by G with 89 trophies and 2 platinums, while CDJ rounded out the top 3 with 56 trophies and 2 platinum trophies.

I also want to point out the obviousness that we're apparently going to be getting awards soon for our post bit. If you notice that our 3 admins placed 1, 2, and 3 in the leaderboard this month, it's obvious they were gunning for it themselves. :P

gschwendt
07-01-2011, 04:25 PM
I only had +1 platinum... cdj had +2 platinums.

JBHuskers
07-01-2011, 04:25 PM
I also want to point out the obviousness that we're apparently going to be getting awards soon for our post bit. If you notice that our 3 admins placed 1, 2, and 3 in the leaderboard this month, it's obvious they were gunning for it themselves. :P

:nod: :D

I OU a Beatn
07-01-2011, 06:57 PM
I only had +1 platinum... cdj had +2 platinums.

Whoops, looks like I got it right in the update but fudged it in the summary. Oh well, you 3 were so close you all should've gotten it anyway. I'm surprised no one said anything about V only getting one trophy. :D

I can almost assure everyone he just hasn't synchronized them.

Violator
07-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Whoops, looks like I got it right in the update but fudged it in the summary. Oh well, you 3 were so close you all should've gotten it anyway. I'm surprised no one said anything about V only getting one trophy. :D

I can almost assure everyone he just hasn't synchronized them.

yep your right, i forget too if i dont play anything online in that time i forget to do it. ohh well ill keep them for next month

JeffHCross
07-02-2011, 01:21 PM
I only had +1 platinum... cdj had +2 platinums.And I had 0. My plat for NCAA 11 was a month before.

I OU a Beatn
07-02-2011, 01:35 PM
I just forgot to change yours. I copy and paste the previous month and then just change the numbers. I fixed it.

JeffHCross
07-02-2011, 02:04 PM
I just forgot to change yours. I copy and paste the previous month and then just change the numbers. I fixed it.I figured. No problem. :)

JBHuskers
07-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Well the Player Lock Trophy is already in the books for NCAA Football 12 ;) I just got an INT return for a TD in RTG! Video coming.

CLW
07-16-2011, 04:18 PM
So... due to my crazy move and the death of one of my dogs, I never finished the plat for NCAA 11. I still need to get the #1 from the start trophy. Is it worth it? Or should I just mail 11 back to GameFly and move on to other games?

I OU a Beatn
07-16-2011, 04:43 PM
If you only have one trophy, you might as well just do it. I got mine by simulating. I'm sure it was complete luck, but hey. :D

CLW
07-16-2011, 09:45 PM
If you only have one trophy, you might as well just do it. I got mine by simulating. I'm sure it was complete luck, but hey. :D

Yeah I have gone for that trophy like 5 times and each time Bama runs the table and wins the hole thing but 1 week they fall to #2.

ram29jackson
07-22-2011, 04:41 PM
what does that little white/grey little diamond shaped thing to the left of my name box/square mean?...some people have yellow plus signs

SmoothPancakes
07-22-2011, 04:59 PM
what does that little white/grey little diamond shaped thing to the left of my name box/square mean?...some people have yellow plus signs

Ram, just to warn you, in case you never took DARE, LSD is a dangerous thing.

:D

JeffHCross
07-23-2011, 11:33 AM
what does that little white/grey little diamond shaped thing to the left of my name box/square mean?Assuming you're talking about on your PSN friends list ... as far as I know, practically nothing. Occasionally you'll see a orange-ish clock kinda thing instead, and that means they're idle. But since a person has to set that manually, you rarely see it. ...
some people have yellow plus signsThose are Playstation Plus users.

Violator
07-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Holy crap. Got Prince of Persia trilogy. Thinking nice and easy 3 plat game. uhhhhh yeah, forgot how hard those early games were PLUS the difficulty trophies dont stack so you have to play through 2 of the games 3 times. OUCH!!

JBHuskers
07-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Holy crap. Got Prince of Persia trilogy. Thinking nice and easy 3 plat game. uhhhhh yeah, forgot how hard those early games were PLUS the difficulty trophies dont stack so you have to play through 2 of the games 3 times. OUCH!!

So f'n dumb when they set it up that way.

souljahbill
07-27-2011, 04:11 PM
So, I don't play games for trophies. I play games for the thrill of the game but I figured that since I only need 1 trophy to platinum Mass Effect 2, I figured I'd go for it. The last trophy I need is for beating the game on Insanity difficulty. Holy balls, is that going to be hard. The enemies are all bullet sponges and powers don't seem to do jack plus my character is as soft a wet tissue. I'll give it a go but if it gets too frustrating, I'll quit it in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
07-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Any shooters on the toughest difficulty are such a bitch. Killzone 2 for example.

I OU a Beatn
07-29-2011, 12:14 AM
KZ2 on Elite difficulty was Hell. On the flip side, KZ3 on Elite was one of the easier ones.

If you REALLY want to piss yourself off, give World at War on Veteran a try. No, better yet, give COD4 a try on Veteran and then beat Mile High Club on Veteran. I will never torment myself like that again.

souljahbill
07-29-2011, 06:36 AM
So, I don't play games for trophies. I play games for the thrill of the game but I figured that since I only need 1 trophy to platinum Mass Effect 2, I figured I'd go for it. The last trophy I need is for beating the game on Insanity difficulty. Holy balls, is that going to be hard. The enemies are all bullet sponges and powers don't seem to do jack plus my character is as soft a wet tissue. I'll give it a go but if it gets too frustrating, I'll quit it in a heartbeat.

I'm slowly but surely making my way through it. It's gotten relatively easier now that I have some weapon and power upgrades buts it's still no walk in the park. The biggest problem I'm having is that my squad is dumb, dumb, dumb. They just stand out in the open and eat bullets like candy. If they had better A.I., I'd be doing a lot better.

souljahbill
07-30-2011, 12:36 AM
I'm slowly but surely making my way through it. It's gotten relatively easier now that I have some weapon and power upgrades buts it's still no walk in the park. The biggest problem I'm having is that my squad is dumb, dumb, dumb. They just stand out in the open and eat bullets like candy. If they had better A.I., I'd be doing a lot better.

I DID IT!

Mass Effect 2 is my first ever Platinum trophy!

JBHuskers
07-30-2011, 02:41 PM
I DID IT!

Mass Effect 2 is my first ever Platinum trophy!

:clap:

JeffHCross
08-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Since there is no chance in hell I would ever platinum ME2, you have my appreciation, soulja. Very impressive.

souljahbill
08-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Since there is no chance in hell I would ever platinum ME2, you have my appreciation, soulja. Very impressive.

Because you don't like the game or don't have time or what? The "Beat on Insanity" trophy was the only hard one. All the others, you get just for completing missions. Playing as a Sentinel makes insanity easier because of the Tech Armor and Sentinels have powers that can tear down all the defenses.

JeffHCross
08-01-2011, 08:59 PM
I'll be lucky if I can beat the game on the easier levels, let alone Insanity. Just not good at this type of game, though I enjoy it.

souljahbill
08-01-2011, 09:26 PM
I'll be lucky if I can beat the game on the easier levels, let alone Insanity. Just not good at this type of game, though I enjoy it.

Beating it on Insanity is the only trophy based on difficulty so play it on casual. I'll play a game on easy in a heartbeat if it makes the game more enjoyable. I don't mind a challenge but I'll take a game that's too easy over a game that's too hard anyday.

JeffHCross
08-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Definitely, and that's exactly what I'm doing.

But even on Casual it's not a guarantee I'd get through it :D

Violator
08-03-2011, 10:21 AM
We getting an update this month??

I OU a Beatn
08-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Maybe. :D

JBHuskers
08-03-2011, 01:31 PM
:fp:

Violator
08-03-2011, 02:40 PM
SLACKER!! It's ok if you hold off until the weeked. Should give me enough time for another plat!

JBHuskers
08-03-2011, 02:42 PM
SLACKER!! It's ok if you hold off until the weeked. Should give me enough time for another plat!

:fp:

JBHuskers
08-03-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm guessing that this month will be pretty short for most as almost all on the list were busy playing NCAA Football 12 :D

I OU a Beatn
08-03-2011, 05:41 PM
I was planning on getting it in tonight or tomorrow. Maybe tonight, definitely by tomorrow evening. That goes for the 360 side of things, too.

JeffHCross
08-03-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm guessing that this month will be pretty short for most as almost all on the list were busy playing NCAA Football 12 :DOr not playing at all. :fp:

I OU a Beatn
08-04-2011, 09:32 PM
The Gaming Tailgate Presents
The Trophy Whore Leaderboard for August 2011!

1 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/The__Violator.png | 4582 (+279) | 73 (+5)
2 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/I_OU_a-Beatn.png | 1951 (-) | 26 (-)
3 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/JBHuskers.png | 1638 (+18) | 9 (-)
4 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/cdj.png | 1580 (+7) | 10 (-)
5 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/gschwendt.png | 872 (+13) | 2 (-)
6 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/souljahbill.png | 843 (+64) | 1 (+1)
7 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/TheKingPin32.png | 632 (+17) | 0 (-)
8 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/JeffHCross.png | 552 (+19) | 2 (-)
9 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/clw22580.png | 514 (+4) | 2 (-)
10 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/gpellis.png | 477 (+4) | 0 (-)
11 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/skipwondah33.png | 272 (+21) | 0 (-) |
12 |http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/DLock119.png | 243(+3) | 0(-)

Violator gets it this month, easily gaining the most trophies with 279 trophies and 5 platinum trophies.

Summary

In what was a slow month, V single handily captured more trophies and platinum trophies than everyone combined. Domination.

JeffHCross
08-04-2011, 09:43 PM
I am convinced that Violator runs a Chinese-gold-farming-like Trophy Whoring ring.

JBHuskers
08-04-2011, 10:40 PM
...and Violator doesn't play NCAA Football :D

Violator
08-05-2011, 01:46 PM
I am convinced that Violator runs a Chinese-gold-farming-like Trophy Whoring ring.

not Chinese, Vietnamese. 2 of them were from last month. I am still 2 trophies away from getting another Prince of Persia plat, the have the warrior within to do. then i will have every PoP plat that is possible. Still love the game after all these years.

souljahbill
08-05-2011, 02:00 PM
I had the 2nd most trophies AND my first plat and I get no honorable mention? I'm a saaaaaaaad panda.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
08-05-2011, 02:11 PM
I had the 2nd most trophies AND my first plat and I get no honorable mention? I'm a saaaaaaaad panda.

---

http://www.democracyfornewmexico.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/08/02/sourgrapes1_2.jpg

souljahbill
08-05-2011, 03:55 PM
http://www.democracyfornewmexico.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/08/02/sourgrapes1_2.jpg

LOL! :D

I'm not really sad or bothered or anything. I just wanted some pub, that's all. Usually these things talk about multiple people. The one time I actually did something noteworthy, *crickets.* It's all good though.

---

JBHuskers
08-05-2011, 04:45 PM
I know....just thought that pic would be funny to post :D

JeffHCross
08-05-2011, 09:08 PM
...and Violator doesn't play NCAA Football :DActually, that may be a direct correlation. The less games played where there's dead time where you're not working toward trophies (i.e. dynasty mode or RTG once you get the trophies), the more trophies you're likely to get. When I put down NCAA and put some effort into my other games, I got more trophies in a lot less time than normal.

Violator
08-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Wow, well I just finally got the plat in Little League World Series 2010. Bad thing is I've had the game for over a year and just had about 5 things to do and never picked it up. But with the actual LLWS back on I picked it up and finished it. Some of the skill challenges were stupid hard. The boys have it on the Wii and there is a home run derby where you have to pretty much hit 17 out of 20 homers to get 10000 points. I had been doing it for over 2 hours and never got closer than 8000 points. My oldest comes in and does it on the 2nd try. So technically he got the plat for me.

CLW
09-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Wow I know I've been slackin' lately but no September update? What up with dat?

I OU a Beatn
09-21-2011, 07:10 AM
I completely forgot, I'll get it on 10/1.

Violator
10-03-2011, 07:40 PM
the next updateim gonna have like 500+ trophies and 10 plats. good job keeping up on this slacker!!

I OU a Beatn
10-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Tomorrow night I will have some free time. Look for it then.

Violator
10-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Tomorrow night I will have some free time. Look for it then.

suuuuuure. im just givin you hell.

Violator
10-06-2011, 02:49 PM
I have just found an easier plat than Hannah Montana. And it's a bit less embarrasing. Man vs. Wild. On ps3trophies.org says plat time is 3-5 hours. And best part is it shipped out today so by the time beatn gets off his ass and updates this i should have another plat.

JBHuskers
10-06-2011, 02:58 PM
:D easier than Hannah Montana? NO WAY! I'll have to try this out.

Violator
10-06-2011, 04:10 PM
yeah says 3-5 hours. gonna be a tough one!

JBHuskers
10-06-2011, 06:19 PM
yeah says 3-5 hours. gonna be a tough one!

Most of the ratings are 2 & 3 on difficulty from ps3trophy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Violator
10-08-2011, 05:27 PM
wow, so got man v wild today. its a combination of lesiure suit larry and hannah montana. very easy but stupidly annoying controls.

Violator
10-08-2011, 08:34 PM
bwaahahahha. i saw this and started dying laughing. mainly because it sounded like me trying to get mile high club.
NSFW!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlDPHEwtGPc&feature=related

I OU a Beatn
10-08-2011, 09:32 PM
"If you go by the true definition of 'mile high club,' I should certainly have it by now because I've been fucked about a billion times on this level." :D:D:D:D:D

Unfortunately, I feel his pain.

Violator
10-09-2011, 11:08 AM
ha ha. there are a bunch more of his vids. i was laughing so hard. the super meat boy one is hilarious!

Violator
10-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Beatn your a slacker!!!

JBHuskers
10-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Beatn your a slacker!!!

Big time :D

I OU a Beatn
10-13-2011, 05:02 PM
I can't help it, I was going to do it today and I couldn't log into my stupid friend's list on Sony's site. It'll be up sometime today and if not, it'll be up by the end of the year. :D

Violator
10-13-2011, 07:30 PM
now that i believe!! :D

JBHuskers
10-13-2011, 10:18 PM
now that i believe!! :D

I don't...

Violator
10-14-2011, 04:24 PM
I don't...

this is why you need a sarcasm emoticon

JBHuskers
10-14-2011, 04:28 PM
this is why you need a sarcasm emoticon

I think sarcasm is basically attached to my user profile here.

I OU a Beatn
10-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Alright, who done and gone and messed up tables?

SmoothPancakes
10-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Alright, who done and gone and messed up tables?

:D That happened months ago.

I OU a Beatn
10-14-2011, 07:10 PM
So how do I do a table then?

Violator
10-14-2011, 08:12 PM
good lord son, do we have to do everything for you?? slackjawed yokel

Violator
10-20-2011, 05:35 PM
So I think this thread needs to be renamed the once a year trophy update

I OU a Beatn
10-20-2011, 05:45 PM
I'm going to do it on 11/1 if I can get the tables to work correctly. Hell, I don't even see a place to set up a table.

Violator
10-20-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm going to do it on 11/1 if I can get the tables to work correctly. Hell, I don't even see a place to set up a table.

you making dinner?

SmoothPancakes
10-20-2011, 07:06 PM

you making dinner?

I'll take my steak medium rare.

Violator
10-23-2011, 01:23 PM
I'll take my steak medium rare.

yeah same here. I also prefer mashed taters. Thanks

gschwendt
10-24-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm going to do it on 11/1 if I can get the tables to work correctly. Hell, I don't even see a place to set up a table.If you go to the full editor, you'll see the buttons above the post box for tables.

I OU a Beatn
10-24-2011, 01:20 PM
I see 'em, but the boxes are grayed out and I can't click on them. I don't see anywhere else to add a table unless I'm just blind.

JBHuskers
10-24-2011, 01:39 PM
I see 'em, but the boxes are grayed out and I can't click on them. I don't see anywhere else to add a table unless I'm just blind.

Click on the A/A button in the top left corner, that changes it into WYSIWYG mode. Then you can put in tables.

I OU a Beatn
10-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Aha! That works, thank you much.

CLW
11-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Well it's November now. Time for the 6 month update. :smh:

I OU a Beatn
11-05-2011, 12:21 PM
The Gaming Tailgate Presents:
The Trophy Whore Leaderboard for November 2011!

Position
Trophy Card
# Trophies
# Platinums

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/The__Violator.png

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/I_OU_a-Beatn.png

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/JBHuskers.png

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/cdj.png

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/gschwendt.png

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/souljahbill.png

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/TheKingPin32.png

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/JeffHCross.png

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/clw22580.png

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/gpellis.png

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/skipwondah33.png

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/DLock119.png

I'm not doing the addition since last time since it's been several months. I'll resume that next month. <3 the new table format. Also, to note, you guys are in the exact same position as the last time I did it, no one moved up or down.

CLW
11-05-2011, 06:01 PM
:easy:

Violator
11-06-2011, 01:01 PM
ahhh come on, i wanna know how many trophies i gained! now i gotta go back and do the math myself

well i guess i cant, last leaderboard isnt up anymore :(

I OU a Beatn
11-06-2011, 02:51 PM
In 3 months, you gained 530 trophies and 10 platinum. Seems a little slacking for a trophy whore of your stature. :D

Violator
11-06-2011, 03:45 PM
In 3 months, you gained 530 trophies and 10 platinum. Seems a little slacking for a trophy whore of your stature. :D

thats not bad at all! thats about 6 per day but i do feel i have let my fans down some. there will be more let downs coming since it will be all mw3 and riot shields soon

I OU a Beatn
11-06-2011, 04:08 PM
That is unacceptable. Anything less than 20 platinum trophies in next month's update and I'm going to be severely disappointed. MW3 is one, better start looking for 19 others.

Violator
11-07-2011, 09:59 AM
actually mw3 wont be. in december im going to my dads for 2 weeks to house/dog and horse sit and he has no internet. so i will be waiting to play any of mw3 single player until then

JBHuskers
11-07-2011, 10:24 AM
actually mw3 wont be. in december im going to my dads for 2 weeks to house/dog and horse sit and he has no internet. so i will be waiting to play any of mw3 single player until then

You could always sign him up for a trial period and then cancel it :D

Violator
11-07-2011, 10:45 AM
You could always sign him up for a trial period and then cancel it :D

ha ha, yeah that would be too funny. or just forget to cancel it

JBHuskers
11-08-2011, 12:35 AM
Nice round number.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/2011-11-08_00-32-53_998.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JeffHCross
11-14-2011, 07:47 PM
NCIS: The Game (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212453p1.html), the new Hannah Montana of trophy whoring.

I OU a Beatn
12-09-2011, 01:24 PM
The Trophy Whore Leaderboard for December 2011!

Position
Trophy Card
# Trophies
# Platinums

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/The__Violator.png
5265(+153)
85(+2)

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/I_OU_a-Beatn.png
1956(+5)
26(-)

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/JBHuskers.png
1709(+11)
9(-)

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/cdj.png
1663(+42)
10(-)

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/gschwendt.png
1022(+22)
2(-)

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/souljahbill.png
900(+28)
1(-)

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/TheKingPin32.png
717(+19)
0(-)

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/JeffHCross.png
603(+29)
2(-)

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/clw22580.png
590(+31)
2(-)

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/gpellis.png
502(+22)
0(-)

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/skipwondah33.png
291(+6)
0(-)

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/default/gamercard_default_compact/DLock119.png
265(+1)
0(-)

Whore of the Month

The Violator! I know, shocking. Having gained 153 trophies along with 2 platinum ones compared to a combined 206 trophies and 0 platinum trophies from everyone else combined, he makes an obvious choice.

Next month will be yearly totals instead of monthly since it'll be a start of a new year.

CLW
12-09-2011, 02:17 PM
I got about 1/2 through Terminator a few weekends ago but the game is so.... bad I haven't been able to bring myself to finishing the game for the Plat. I also need to get the 1 trophy left for the NCAA 11 Plat (the #1 through the entire season). Hopefully, I can start 12 off right with 2 plats. :nod:

JeffHCross
12-09-2011, 08:40 PM
How the hell did I get 29 trophies since the last update?

GatorfanStovy
12-09-2011, 09:07 PM
trophies are lame IMO.

JeffHCross
12-09-2011, 10:16 PM
I think trophies are lame in most people's opinions, including those that participate in this group.

But humans are a competitive sort.

SmoothPancakes
12-09-2011, 10:44 PM
I try for every achievement I can get in a games on 360 (and would do the same for trophies if I had a PS3), simply because I then feel that I have done everything in the game and have completely beaten in, rather than just doing some random things, simply beating the campaign in one run through, and calling it done. The achievements keep me going on various games and attempting everything and doing everything possible. So for me at least, the achievements/trophies are nice. They get me to go out of my way to do some things in the games that I probably would have never done otherwise.

I OU a Beatn
12-09-2011, 11:09 PM
I think trophies are lame in most people's opinions, including those that participate in this group.

Exactly. It's not like I'd drop the "hey, I have almost 2,000 trophies AND almost a 30,000 gamerscore" if I was trying to pick up a chick. :D

steelerfan
12-10-2011, 12:29 AM

Wouldn't it be more "competitive" to just play the game and get what you get? How does simming 20 years of a dynasty, with 12 teams, to try and win every bowl game show anything more than "bored with OCD"? ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

I OU a Beatn
12-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Wouldn't it be more "competitive" to just play the game and get what you get? How does simming 20 years of a dynasty, with 12 teams, to try and win every bowl game show anything more than "bored with OCD"? ;)

Takes an hour max and you have to be there for maybe 10 minutes of it. If there's anyone to blame for stupid shit like that, it's the developers for implementing such stupid achievements. Achievements, IMO, are supposed to be a challenge and prolong the game, not tedious and completely pointless.

JeffHCross
12-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Wouldn't it be more "competitive" to just play the game and get what you get? How does simming 20 years of a dynasty, with 12 teams, to try and win every bowl game show anything more than "bored with OCD"? ;)Well, I actually played all those games -- I was just using it as practice. Yes, the goal was the trophy, but I had more reason to do it than just to get the trophy.

But you kind of missed my point anyway. It's a dick-measuring contest. No one really cares how many trophies you have, just like no one really cares who won the local employees-only slow-pitch softball championship. But we still compete, largely because its in our nature.

Very rarely do I look at a game and play it because of trophies. Like Smooth said, I will often treat the trophies as "completing" the game. But I never play a game and think "Oh, if I get this platinum then I'll stay ahead of CLW!" I don't care about it. I don't think competitively about it. But as soon as that list goes up, I check it. Just because that's how it is.

I OU a Beatn
12-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Unless you've played Hannah Montana, then you're on another level. :D

JBHuskers
12-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Unless you've played Hannah Montana, then you're on another level. :D

It was worth every trophy :nod:

steelerfan
12-10-2011, 01:26 PM
I still don't understand playing games that are terrible just to get virtual trophies. But, to each, their own.

CLW
12-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Well, I actually played all those games -- I was just using it as practice. Yes, the goal was the trophy, but I had more reason to do it than just to get the trophy.

But you kind of missed my point anyway. It's a dick-measuring contest. No one really cares how many trophies you have, just like no one really cares who won the local employees-only slow-pitch softball championship. But we still compete, largely because its in our nature.

Very rarely do I look at a game and play it because of trophies. Like Smooth said, I will often treat the trophies as "completing" the game. But I never play a game and think "Oh, if I get this platinum then I'll stay ahead of CLW!" I don't care about it. I don't think competitively about it. But as soon as that list goes up, I check it. Just because that's how it is.

Damn it Jeff every trophy I earn I think "I'm one trophy closer to maybe finally catching you!" :nod:

JeffHCross
12-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Damn it Jeff every trophy I earn I think "I'm one trophy closer to maybe finally catching you!" :nod:I honestly have no idea how you haven't caught me by now.

I OU a Beatn
12-10-2011, 05:13 PM
I do, you've both been slacking like everyone else! Hell, Violator was pretty damn close to single handily outgaining everyone else combined.

CLW
12-10-2011, 08:46 PM
I honestly have no idea how you haven't caught me by now.

I do, you've both been slacking like everyone else! Hell, Violator was pretty damn close to single handily outgaining everyone else combined.

Yeah when I moved to Houston in June I took a new job with a new firm for more $ but along with that comes more hours and thus my PS3 time has went down the tubes. I finally whored out NCAA 11 tonight though to get my 3rd Plat.

JeffHCross
12-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Yeah when I moved to Houston in June I took a new job with a new firm for more $ but along with that comes more hours and thus my PS3 time has went down the tubes. I finally whored out NCAA 11 tonight though to get my 3rd Plat.Ah, that explains it. I pretty much haven't played my PS3 since July, so I just figured, on sheer force of time, that you would have overtaken me. I forgot that you moved around the same time.

Violator
12-12-2011, 11:53 AM
It was worth every trophy :nod:

thats because you played the whole game nekkid

Violator
12-12-2011, 11:55 AM
And i will just be glad to get home and back with internet. i had a couple things i needed to figure out for dues ex and had to drive 6 miles to the library to get vids for it. now thats dedication!!

JBHuskers
12-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Helps when you have 3 times the amount of time we do to play games :P

Lately I've just played sports games or shooters, so no trophies there.

CLW
12-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Well I finally became a level 11 whore after going back and getting the plat for ncaa 11. I cannot decide whether I want to finish Terminator or not. I'm stuck on level 7 of 9. Perhaps I finish it off tonight while the wife is on call and at work.

Violator
12-13-2011, 07:57 PM
hey i work and have kids. this is just down time because there are no sports they are in so i get more time

I OU a Beatn
01-01-2012, 12:52 AM
The Trophy Whore Leaderboard for January 2012!

Position
Trophy Card
# Trophies
# Platinums

5320(+55)
85(-)

2014(+58)
27(+1)

1725(+16)
9(-)

1669(+6)
10(-)

1022(-)
2(-)

917(+17)
1(-)

719(+2)
0(-)

631(+28)
2(-)

618(+28)
3(+1)

502(-)
0(-)

298(+7)
0(-)

267(+2)
0(-)

Whore of the Month

CLW gained his 3rd platinum so he gets the nod for this month's whore.

Trophy Whore Yearly Total for 2011!

Position
Trophy Card
# Trophies Gained
# Platinums Gained

If you're not on the yearly stats, it's because you weren't on the leaderboard in January of 2011.

JeffHCross
01-01-2012, 12:57 AM
23 platinums. :easy:

CLW
01-01-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm honored to win my 2nd whore of the month award. I can honestly say that this "silly" little thread has opened me up to playing a TON of games I NEVER would have even considered playing before. And damn you Jeff for making a late month push to hold down the #8 spot.

Violater 23 Plats in 11 the rest of us combined for a mere 14.

Violator
01-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Actually I got another yesterday on Uncharted 3 but didnt get on to sync it in. Ohh well. Early start for this year!!

JeffHCross
01-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Actually I got another yesterday on Uncharted 3 but didnt get on to sync it in. Ohh well. Early start for this year!!I truly don't understand how you can go through games so quickly. I guess when I finally sat down and played Portal 2, I went through the campaign pretty quickly ... but platinums are a different story.

Violator
01-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Uncharted wasnt bad. Only did 2 playthroughs. One on very easy to do gun challenges and collectibles then 2nd on crushing. Also www.ps3trophies.org gets alot of time spent on it. Usually before I get a game that I am just doing for trophies I go on there. see what is needed and what kind of time is needed. Most of the plats I have are games that take about 20 or so hours to plat. UC3 only took me 15 hours total and 9 hours were spent beating it on crushing. I am not someone who likes to look for collictibles so i always just follow a guide for it.

CLW
01-02-2012, 10:43 PM
:smh: Risk Factions doesn't have a Plat? What's up with dat? Oh well I'm enjoying the $9.99 download.

JBHuskers
01-02-2012, 11:20 PM
:smh: Risk Factions doesn't have a Plat? What's up with dat? Oh well I'm enjoying the $9.99 download.

Not many PSN games do.

JeffHCross
01-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Most of the plats I have are games that take about 20 or so hours to plat. UC3 only took me 15 hours total and 9 hours were spent beating it on crushing. I am not someone who likes to look for collictibles so i always just follow a guide for it.20 hours of game time for me is at least half a month, if not longer. Therein lies the reason your totals do not compute to me :D

Plus, being honest, 9 hours on crushing wouldn't get me through the game -- I'm just not that good.

CLW
01-14-2012, 06:14 PM
4th Plat today! :nod: :easy:

JeffHCross
02-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Lazy ass.

The Trophy Whore Leaderboard for February 2012!

Position
Trophy Card
# Trophies
# Platinums

5512(+192)
87(+2)

2017(+3)
27(-)

1771(+46)
9(-)

1726(+57)
10(-)

1023(+1)
2(-)

921(+4)
1(-)

727(+8)
0(-)

701(+70)
2(-)

686(+68)
4(+1)

502(-)
0(-)

312(+14)
0(-)

276(+9)
0(-)

Whore of the Month
Violator got 192 trophies in January. JeffHCross got 192 trophies in 2011. That is all.

I OU a Beatn
02-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Look at you stepping it up.

Violator got 192 trophies in January. JeffHCross got 192 trophies in 2011. That is all.

:D:D

CLW
02-03-2012, 05:32 PM
and just when I thought I FINALLY would pass Jeff.....

I OU a Beatn
02-03-2012, 05:49 PM
You two are always funny to look at. If Jeff only gets 23 or so, you'll get like 25. But, if you have a good month and get 70, so will Jeff. It's like you two know exactly when the other is going to make a move. You've been brutally close to each for several months now. JB and CDJ are the same way.

CLW
02-03-2012, 06:42 PM
You two are always funny to look at. If Jeff only gets 23 or so, you'll get like 25. But, if you have a good month and get 70, so will Jeff. It's like you two know exactly when the other is going to make a move. You've been brutally close to each for several months now. JB and CDJ are the same way.

He tricks me. I checked a week or so ago and i was ahead by like 10+ trophies so he apparently did a last minute "surge"

JeffHCross
02-03-2012, 07:39 PM
He tricks me. I checked a week or so ago and i was ahead by like 10+ trophies so he apparently did a last minute "surge":whistle:
It's just pure coincidence that I decided to finish the last two episodes of BttF before Tuesday ...
:whistle:

I OU a Beatn
02-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Just a heads up, I sent everyone a friend request on my old name, which is the same as the one on here with no spaces. It's the one I'll be using from here on out(barring any other unforeseen problems) so if you want me to be able to check out your monthly stats, just accept it. If I forgot anyone, feel free to send an invite yourself.

JeffHCross
02-14-2012, 09:26 PM
so if you want me to be able to check out your monthly statsFWIW, I just used the trophy cards. I spot checked a few guys that had been on most recently, and they matched up.

I OU a Beatn
02-14-2012, 09:56 PM
They do most of the time, but I've had a few occurrences where they were way off. A couple months ago, V's trophy card was showing his stats from like 4 months beforehand, so to be safe, I just go right off my friend's list. I'm also nosy and like looking at what platinum trophies everyone got during the month.

JeffHCross
02-15-2012, 10:00 PM
You mean like right now where it says that Tommy has 0 trophies?

:D :D :D :D :D

I OU a Beatn
02-15-2012, 10:44 PM
:D Yeah, exactly. It randomly gets wonky so I don't even bother using them. It might just be the host of the cards, so I may have to look into finding another site.

I OU a Beatn
02-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Spent 2 1/2 hours on a stupid 15 block sliding puzzle that needed to be completed in under 50 seconds to finish off the trophies for the introduction program on Vita. While all in all it was fairly easy, it was way harder than I thought it would be. :D

JeffHCross
03-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Going to make me do it again, eh?

JeffHCross
04-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Let me know if you're not going to do it this month :P

I OU a Beatn
04-01-2012, 02:02 PM
I was expecting you to do it. :D

The Trophy Whore Leaderboard for April 2012!

Position
Trophy Card
# Trophies
# Platinums

5558(+46)
87(-)

2017(-)
27(-)

1870(+99)
9(-)

1808(+82)
10(-)

1023(-)
2(-)

934(+13)
1(-)

804(+77)
0(-)

758(+57)
2(-)

718(+32)
4(-)

502(-)
0(-)

337(+25)
0(-)

291(+15)
0(-)

Whore of the Month

JB! He gained the most during the two month span with 99 trophies. Overall, disappointment is looming. No platinum trophies by anyone in TWO MONTHS? I am disappoint. V, where the hell are you? We need you.

Violator
04-02-2012, 09:13 AM
I wont be getting many trophies for awhile for a couple reasons. I got rid of my Gamefly sub and its baseball season. My oldest is on 3 teams and the youngest is on 2. So I am literally gone everyday from 4 pm until 8ish or 9. So until August or so there will be no time for gaming.

JBHuskers
04-02-2012, 11:51 AM
I'm gaining on Beatn!

I OU a Beatn
04-02-2012, 05:13 PM
You're definitely going to get me soon. The only thing coming out that will get me to turn my PS3 on is The Last of Us. Maybe Starhawk, but I doubt it. I'm still shocked at the no platinum trophies for anyone in 2 months. I doubled checked, too!

DariusLock
04-03-2012, 03:39 PM
I'll never get platinum.

JeffHCross
05-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Since it looks like I'm more than likely going to be doing this going forward, we're going to shake up the order and go by Rank/%. Which means CLW has finally passed me :D (and actually changes nothing else)

The Trophy Whore Leaderboard for May 2012!

Position
Trophy Card
# Trophies
# Platinums

5558(-)
87(-)

2017(-)
27(-)

1906(+36)
9(-)

1845(+37)
10(-)

1055(+27)
2(-)

935(+1)
1(-)

718(-)
4(-)

786(+28)
2(-)

811(+7)
0(-)

502(-)
0(-)

346(+9)
0(-)

291(+15)
0(-)

Whore of the Month

CDJ! TGT's head man barely edges out TGT's Resident Post Whore for honors of being the Trophy Whore.

CLW
05-05-2012, 07:56 AM
Since it looks like I'm more than likely going to be doing this going forward, we're going to shake up the order and go by Rank/%. Which means CLW has finally passed me :D (and actually changes nothing else)

Of course it happens when I finally just give up. :fp:

I OU a Beatn
05-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Hey! I did it last month! I have finals the next two weeks, so yeah, it's a good thing you did it this month as I definitely wouldn't have time. Same probably goes for June, too.

SmoothPancakes
05-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Hey! I did it last month! I have finals the next two weeks, so yeah, it's a good thing you did it this month as I definitely wouldn't have time. Same probably goes for June, too.

And July.

And August.

And probably September.

:P ;)

JeffHCross
05-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Wow, Team 360 shows up in the PS3 trophy thread with a burn ;)

I OU a Beatn
05-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Ha, I know. Guess who's never getting 360 Whore of the Month. :P

SmoothPancakes
05-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Ha, I know. Guess who's never getting 360 Whore of the Month. :P

Damn. :(

JeffHCross
05-05-2012, 10:15 PM
+1 http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k200/Dan_Lero/ps3sticky/PlatinumTrophy.png

Of course it happens when I finally just give up. :fp:No worries. I just overtook you again. :D

ram29jackson
05-10-2012, 04:46 PM
ps3-

I finally got the Tom Brady award..in a loss online LOL

JBHuskers
05-10-2012, 04:58 PM
+1 http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k200/Dan_Lero/ps3sticky/PlatinumTrophy.png

No worries. I just overtook you again. :D

What game?

JeffHCross
05-10-2012, 09:10 PM
What game?Sly 1.

DariusLock
05-11-2012, 11:46 AM
In last...always.

JBHuskers
05-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Sly 1.

Ah. Got that free with PS+ but haven't fired it up yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

JeffHCross
05-12-2012, 10:12 AM
I was bored one day, and started playing it. Never played it on PS2, so had no idea what to expect. It's amazing to compare that to similar games today (especially Sucker Punch's games today), because it has so many limitations. I'm sure I'm going to be stunned when the Ratchet & Clank Collection comes out and I play the original game again.

Pretty easy platinum though, especially with a clue guide.

JBHuskers
05-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Pretty easy platinum though, especially with a clue guide.

Now you're speaking my language. I have two platinums in sight right now with Tiger 13 and The Price Is Right Decades. Those are the two I've been working a lot on lately. I'll have to add Sly 1 to the mix.

JeffHCross
05-12-2012, 01:55 PM
The Price is Right? Really? :smh:

Among the PSPlus freebies, Trines 2 looks doable, though I don't know that I'll ever play it enough (got plenty of other games that I've paid for ...)

JBHuskers
05-12-2012, 06:40 PM
The Price is Right? Really? :smh:

Among the PSPlus freebies, Trines 2 looks doable, though I don't know that I'll ever play it enough (got plenty of other games that I've paid for ...)

I'm a big game show nut. TPIR is one of my all-time favorites. Throw in a plat for a $10 game. It was a no brainer to buy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

JeffHCross
05-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Now you're speaking my language.To clarify: it's not easy as in fast, but it's easy in that you essentially can't complete the game without getting the platinum. The only way to do that would be to skip getting the clue bottles on every level, and if you skip that then you don't get half the trophies. I think it's completely backwards that there's a Gold trophy for "getting all clue bottles on a single level" -- yet there are a bunch of bronze and silver trophies that you can't get without gathering all the clues. So, basically, you either get the Platinum or probably not even 25%. :D

JeffHCross
05-19-2012, 11:52 AM
:+1: :plat:

inFamous

JeffHCross
05-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Full rundown will come after the first of the month, but there's no way CDJ is getting beaten for Whore of the Month. If a platinum for NCIS, in just over 5 hours of real-time, doesn't embody the spirit of Whore of the Month, I don't know what does.

JBHuskers
05-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Full rundown will come after the first of the month, but there's no way CDJ is getting beaten for Whore of the Month. If a platinum for NCIS, in just over 5 hours of real-time, doesn't embody the spirit of Whore of the Month, I don't know what does.

Unless I borrow it from him in the next couple days :D

JeffHCross
05-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Unless I borrow it from him in the next couple days :DYou would have to get a considerable number of trophies in the next few days to catch up to his output this month.

I OU a Beatn
05-28-2012, 11:57 PM
First Hannah Montana and now NCIS? Now THAT'S the the spirit! V would be proud. :D

Too bad Avatar The Burning Earth doesn't have trophies on PS3 - it has a full 1000 gamerscore that can be achieved legitimately within the first 2 minutes of game play, and yes, I did it.

JeffHCross
05-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Too bad Avatar The Burning Earth doesn't have trophies on PS3 - it has a full 1000 gamerscore that can be achieved legitimately within the first 2 minutes of game play, and yes, I did it.Yes ... that's ... just ... too ... bad.
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac330/jeffhc/crying_smiley5.gif

EDIT: Seriously, a platinum (equivalent) for just 50 hits? It's obvious they didn't want to put any effort into their achievements.

cdj
05-29-2012, 09:15 PM
JHC, the bandwidth thief!

Terminator: Salvation is still the worst game I have played on PS3, subject matter aside. NCIS was better than I thought it would be. I watch the show occasionally, but I doubt a non-viewer would get much enjoyment out of it.

JeffHCross
05-29-2012, 09:37 PM
I watch the show every week, and have for years. Yet I still don't think I would enjoy it.

JBHuskers
05-30-2012, 11:26 AM
I still owe CDJ a Terminator Salvation co-op play to get him the :plat:

That game was an ugly bitch. Mainly stage 5.

ram29jackson
05-30-2012, 06:48 PM
finally got- Take a seat - in NHL 12 EASHL game