PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Demo Impressions

JBHuskers
05-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Please post your impressions of the demo that was released today.

Violator
05-18-2010, 11:53 PM
Well i just started playing it. Went into the ryder cup. First impressions. Gfx arent as good as they have been. Looks like bad super imposed golfers on the course. hey dont flow into the background, looks like they were cut and pasted. Then watching golfers, the camera has their view, then jumps high, then jumps back to another view all within a second. Looks very choppy and very annoying. Not sure if this is the final build or not.
The gameplay seems the same. Havent gotten into it too much but it seems soild. I will give it a full run tomorrow but those are my first impressions.

Violator
05-18-2010, 11:57 PM
but i will say this, the variable wind is nice. I started on 3 hiting over the water with a 11 mph wind in my face. i got my shot ready to hit and all lined up and poof wind was 1 mph and i over shot. nice touch for sure

Anton32
05-19-2010, 08:06 AM
I had the chance to play the demo and man wut a totally diff game. I'm not a big golf fan but wen I played this it was off da hook, I like a lot of the new features added this yr, specially the boost aim and focus wen hitting ball. Can't wait will be getting this game. The dev team done a great job and I think imo its mucher easier and fun to understand to the new user. I bn playing this demo alot

JBHuskers
05-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Yeah I will be posting an article on my official impressions sometime this week...maybe tonight...but I have to get my Red Dead on for sure tonight as well.

cdj
05-20-2010, 08:48 AM
I really like that the XP earned in the demo carries over to the retail version. Talk about an incentive to play the demo repeatedly.

Only played once, but I really like it. I've been a fan of the franchise since TW08, so it's what I expected.

Schauwn
05-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Yeah, true-aim was a lot of fun to play with. It made it a little more challenging than '10

JBHuskers
05-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Yeah, true-aim was a lot of fun to play with. It made it a little more challenging than '10

Yeah the cool with True Aim is there will be Live Tourneys where this is your only option, and it will definitely be interesting to see how the leaderboards shape up this year. Same goes with the variable wind and aiming circle....we're not going to get guys shooting -30 this year I don't think.

texacotea
05-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Ryder Cup is nice, seems like it would take a while to play though. Also Focus is awesome, I like this alot, really makes you play the game without spin or the power up. I think it looked good, course looked nice and really didnt notice what V was talking about. Missed a couple of putts because of the rain being there (nothing new just forgot about it). Vaiable wind is also cool, but did it seem to be unrealistic for some? To go from 12mph to 1 in the the matter of a swing, I understand that weather is very unpredictable and it really didnt effect any of my shots really just something that popped into my head as I was typing

With what CD said about the skill points carrying over, that is nice and does give someone an incentive to keep playing and may lure some people to buy beacuse of something they have gained and wouldnt want to lose.

Schauwn
05-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Ryder Cup is nice, seems like it would take a while to play though

I dont think this will take any more time than a regular tournament would. There are four rounds in each, just with the Ryder Cup you're hoping your team does well...

JBHuskers
05-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Ryder Cup is HUGE for those who run leagues. There are a couple of big time leagues that manually have been running a Ryder Cup.

The awesome part about the Ryder Cup is all matches are going simultaneously. If you see one of your teammates falling behind, you can jump out of who you're controlling (Tiger Woods for example) and jump in Jim Furyk's match to try to catch back up. But of course you can choose to just control the same person the entire time as well for a challenge.

Celtic Manor is an awesome course too, so it's cool to have both Ryder Cup and this course in the game.

NatureBoy
05-22-2010, 08:35 AM
I downloaded the demo Thursday night and have been playing the heck out of it. This game will give me something to play until NCAA Football 11 drops.

cccgolfer08
05-24-2010, 11:43 AM
demo is SICK...i love pretty much every feature that has been put in, i agree the graphics look weird but they redid their whole graphics build this year, maybe the full game graphics will be a little diff, idk...

little disappointed that the true-aim wont be available peer to peer online but its fun to play!

JBHuskers
05-24-2010, 11:50 AM
demo is SICK...i love pretty much every feature that has been put in, i agree the graphics look weird but they redid their whole graphics build this year, maybe the full game graphics will be a little diff, idk...

little disappointed that the true-aim wont be available peer to peer online but its fun to play!

At least you're not bitter about not being able to shoot -30 ever again ;)

cccgolfer08
05-24-2010, 11:53 AM
i never technically "liked" shooting that low, but it was possible so i did it lol...this new game is going to be A LOT tougher to master, therefore more challenging/fun

JBHuskers
05-24-2010, 11:55 AM
i never technically "liked" shooting that low, but it was possible so i did it lol...this new game is going to be A LOT tougher to master, therefore more challenging/fun

Yeah, I'm excited to see how I will hang in the True Aim Live Tournaments.

Violator
05-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Yeah, I'm excited to see how I will hang in the True Aim Live Tournaments.

i think that is going to be a major challenge and something i look forward too. the true aim is going to make it more intresting. and JB if it replicates your real life swing youd be in some dep do-do!!
and tbh i dont mind the gfx, i am one of those who prefer gameplay over gfx anyday of the week.

I OU a Beatn
05-26-2010, 10:05 AM
I may be the worst Tiger Woods player ever. I like it, though.

Violator
05-26-2010, 05:17 PM
i dont know beatn, you havent played with H8 yet. he could shoot well, but at the same time he could hit triple digits the next round. depended on how much you made him laugh and screw with him

JBHuskers
05-26-2010, 06:20 PM
I may be the worst Tiger Woods player ever. I like it, though.

Regardless if you get it, you should join the TGA :) we have a lot of fun with it.

UGA14
05-26-2010, 06:40 PM
What system are you guys getting it for? I may check it out.

JBHuskers
05-26-2010, 06:42 PM
What system are you guys getting it for? I may check it out.

I will probably have it on both PS3 & 360.

UGA14
05-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Alright, I'm going to check out the demo on Xbox but if I get it I'll probably pick it up for PS3. I still have an XBL account for a little while and I may still re-up mine, but if you guys are picking it up on PS3 too then I'd just prefer get it there.

Violator
05-26-2010, 10:54 PM
I will have it on PS3. And any UGA fan is a friend of mine!

Violator
05-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Regardless if you get it, you should join the TGA :) we have a lot of fun with it.

dont invite ccc. i wanna keep my title!! i keed i keed!!
and yeah beatnpick it up for ps3, i will teach you. ak h8 he got better with my coaching. granted it cost him $500 an hour but yo can afford it :p

I OU a Beatn
05-26-2010, 11:41 PM
UGA fan

*Pukes* :p

Seriously, though, I have a hard decision to make. Birthday is on May 31 and naturally the girlfriend feels as though she needs to buy me something. It's either TW '11 or the Big Boss Bundle(which is sexxxxxxxxyyyyyyyy). Decisions, decisions...

I posted this in the Game Deals thread, but I'll post it again just for good cause. If you preorder this on Amazon, you get a $20 Amazon coupon and Release Day delivery for 5 dolla.

If I do get it, though, there's no helpin' me, V. I love watching golf. I really suck at playing it in real life. I really, really suck at it on video games. I traded in '09 because I got pissed off at myself sucking. :D

Violator
05-27-2010, 12:04 AM
there are small tricks i can teach you, not a joke. i know i am not the best out there, it was proven time and time again last year but i also play IRL and there are things that you take from real life and carry over. but that said, TRUST me ,,ask skip or ryby how much they laughed and how much fun we had when we played. then add H8 to the mix and get us going,,ohh lord nothing but laughs

JBHuskers
05-27-2010, 01:29 AM
dont invite ccc. i wanna keep my title!! i keed i keed!!
and yeah beatnpick it up for ps3, i will teach you. ak h8 he got better with my coaching. granted it cost him $500 an hour but yo can afford it :p

I will definitely invite CCC, but he'll be out of his realm with the variable landing spots :)

JBHuskers
05-27-2010, 01:29 AM
*Pukes* :p

Seriously, though, I have a hard decision to make. Birthday is on May 31 and naturally the girlfriend feels as though she needs to buy me something. It's either TW '11 or the Big Boss Bundle(which is sexxxxxxxxyyyyyyyy). Decisions, decisions...

I posted this in the Game Deals thread, but I'll post it again just for good cause. If you preorder this on Amazon, you get a $20 Amazon coupon and Release Day delivery for 5 dolla.

If I do get it, though, there's no helpin' me, V. I love watching golf. I really suck at playing it in real life. I really, really suck at it on video games. I traded in '09 because I got pissed off at myself sucking. :D

Our league is nothing but fun though man :)

UGA14
05-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Oh yeah, I'll definitely be getting this. Demo was fun, and playing with some people will be fun too.

JBHuskers
05-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Oh yeah, I'll definitely be getting this. Demo was fun, and playing with some people will be fun too.

Look in the sub forum as I have posted a thread to signup for our league.