PDA

View Full Version : Random Video Game Talk

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12

SCClassof93
08-13-2013, 02:56 PM
I swear Mors has some serious spidey sense when the topic Skyrim is discussed. I will agree that Bethesda has monkey's running the QA department as their games are buggy as hell but they have made three games that I put at least 500 hours in. Skyrim, Fallout3 and Fallout New Vegas (Obsidian but published by Bethesda).

Well those monkeys are intellectual titans compared to who/what is in the QA department at EA. I really enjoy the games from Bethesda, all the Elder Scrolls and Fallout but I can see why mors does not care for the paper thin stories and repetition.

bdoughty
08-13-2013, 03:05 PM
Well those monkeys are intellectual titans compared to who/what is in the QA department at EA. I really enjoy the games from Bethesda, all the Elder Scrolls and Fallout but I can see why mors does not care for the paper thin stories and repetition.

I don't know, I played the GOTY versions of Fallout/NV so they had already been patched to the gills and both were a mess. I finally had to turn off auto-save (on everything) with Fallout NV to avoid a corrupt auto save every other time I walked out of a building.

If I want great stories, I will read a book or watch TV. I would rather just be killing things when I have a controller in my hand. Have a plot, minimal cut scenes and keep the NPC discussion short.

JBHuskers
08-13-2013, 03:20 PM
Yeah I have probably put in well over 600 hours in Bethesda games....not tired of them at all.

morsdraconis
08-13-2013, 03:22 PM
And, you people are what's wrong with video games. :P

oweb26
08-13-2013, 03:35 PM
I don't know, I played the GOTY versions of Fallout/NV so they had already been patched to the gills and both were a mess. I finally had to turn off auto-save (on everything) with Fallout NV to avoid a corrupt auto save every other time I walked out of a building.

If I want great stories, I will read a book or watch TV. I would rather just be killing things when I have a controller in my hand. Have a plot, minimal cut scenes and keep the NPC discussion short.

I knew I liked you for a reason even though I lose that reason from time to time....lol...j/p

I put in some hours on fallout NV but honestly after I maxed my rank it just got too damn boring.

SmoothPancakes
08-13-2013, 03:48 PM

Sounds exactly like me right now with Defiance. Yeah, the storyline in the game may not be the greatest, and between the main missions, episode missions and side missions, there may be a lot of repetition, but for me, the big focus in Defiance is going around killing stuff, and teaming up with dozens of other people to do some SERIOUS killing on the big final "bosses" of the Major Arkfalls.

I can be in the middle of a mission in the game, and if I spot a nice little group of enemies, or have an Arkfall pop up on my map nearby (or Major Arkfall anywhere for that matter thanks to fast travel), I drop everything I'm doing in the mission and am going off to kill some enemies or hauling ass to an Arkfall. That's the big thing for me in Defiance. Reading online, some people have the repetition and weak story as their biggest complaints (well, biggest complaints that aren't bug-related).

But for me, I can overlook that. The killing and the teamwork required to kill certain things, is the big sticking point in the game for me and what keeps me loading Defiance up seemingly every time I get on my 360 since I bought it a week ago.

SCClassof93
08-13-2013, 03:57 PM
I knew I liked you for a reason even though I lose that reason from time to time....lol...j/p

I put in some hours on fallout NV but honestly after I maxed my rank it just got too damn boring.

bromance?:hmm: :D

oweb26
08-13-2013, 04:29 PM
bromance?:hmm: :D

No judging! :D

SCClassof93
08-13-2013, 05:27 PM
No judging! :D

:D

CLW
08-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Top 10 Underrated Games
http://www.ign.com/blogs/matt_the_marvel/2013/08/13/top-10-underrated-games

oweb26
08-13-2013, 08:09 PM
I thought every game on that list that I have played wasn't under rated they were just not that good.

Looking at you Spec Ops! Good thought for a game but not really that good!

bdoughty
08-14-2013, 04:37 PM
No NFL Sunday Ticket for PS3 This Year

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/14/no-nfl-sunday-ticket-for-ps3-this-year

GatorfanStovy
08-16-2013, 01:53 PM
that sucks for PS 3/4 users. It's going Xbox next season maybe 360 this year. Glad I will be on the Xbox side of things to get more stuff. Just wish the Sunday ticket was way cheaper then it is.

SmoothPancakes
08-16-2013, 03:30 PM
that sucks for PS 3/4 users. It's going Xbox next season maybe 360 this year. Glad I will be on the Xbox side of things to get more stuff. Just wish the Sunday ticket was way cheaper then it is.

Didn't you jump off Xbox One and jump on the PS4 bangwagon back in June? After all the stuff at E3, you were doing plenty of bashing of the Xbox One and going on about buying a PS4.

JBHuskers
08-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Didn't you jump off Xbox One and jump on the PS4 bangwagon back in June? After all the stuff at E3, you were doing plenty of bashing of the Xbox One and going on about buying a PS4.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/edward_scissorhands_yes.gif

CLW
08-16-2013, 03:44 PM

Clearly IOU has brainwashed him and taken him to the Dark Side of the Force.

SCClassof93
08-16-2013, 04:42 PM

May I borrow your decoder ring? :D

steelerfan
08-16-2013, 06:02 PM

:D :D :D

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

bdoughty
08-16-2013, 06:18 PM

"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."

jaymo76
08-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Kids saw Disney Infinity today at Costco... I'm not sure how I will hold them off to Christmas. I just wish this game was on PS4! Maybe I will buy it for the Wii. Has anyone picked it up?

CLW
08-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Kids saw Disney Infinity today at Costco... I'm not sure how I will hold them off to Christmas. I just wish this game was on PS4! Maybe I will buy it for the Wii. Has anyone picked it up?

Paging JB..... (assuming it has a :plat: )

JBHuskers
08-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Paging JB..... (assuming it has a :plat: )

:nod:

JBHuskers
08-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Except I don't want to play games (like Skylanders) where you have to buy all these figures.

jaymo76
08-20-2013, 09:42 PM
Except I don't want to play games (like Skylanders) where you have to buy all these figures.

No doubt. To buy all the characters would be 100's of dollars!

CLW
08-22-2013, 07:18 AM
CT Politician Asks Industry to End 'Nefarious' Deals with Gun MakersSays real guns in games 'blurs lines between fiction and reality.'
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/22/ct-politician-asks-industry-to-end-nefarious-deals-with-gun-makers

punter
08-25-2013, 02:05 PM
There is so many games coming out within the next 4 weeks I'd like to get:
Madden, Farming simulator, Hockey, GTA
but only gonna be able to get one

I never play Madden more the a few seasons and don't feel I get my moneys worth out of it
The Hockey demo was a lot of fun but can't afford to buy two games this month
Farming I'd love to plant my seeds in someones field
So I will just keep playing NCAA and Minecraft until GTA comes out. :nod:

SCClassof93
08-26-2013, 06:41 PM
I was looking forward to the new Xcom game but the reviews are not good:smh: Anyone played it yet?

ram29jackson
08-26-2013, 07:48 PM
There is so many games coming out within the next 4 weeks I'd like to get:
Madden, Farming simulator, Hockey, GTA
but only gonna be able to get one

I never play Madden more the a few seasons and don't feel I get my moneys worth out of it
The Hockey demo was a lot of fun but can't afford to buy two games this month
Farming I'd love to plant my seeds in someones field
So I will just keep playing NCAA and Minecraft until GTA comes out. :nod:

....farming simulator....what the .....oh never mind...

SCClassof93
08-26-2013, 08:08 PM
....farming simulator....what the .....oh never mind...

Be careful....farming is what Huskers excel at, now that college football has passed them by :nod:

SmoothPancakes
08-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Hey now, there's a lot farming can teach you. You have to carefully plant your seeds. If you just fling your seed around, half of it gets wasted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxfIeONWTRo

morsdraconis
08-27-2013, 04:42 AM
I was looking forward to the new Xcom game but the reviews are not good:smh: Anyone played it yet?

It's not an Xcom game at all. It's a shitty 3rd person shooter that's loosely based in the Xcom world. Don't waste your time.

SCClassof93
08-27-2013, 07:26 AM
It's not an Xcom game at all. It's a shitty 3rd person shooter that's loosely based in the Xcom world. Don't waste your time.

Yeah, I won't. I don't mind adding a 3rd person element but I don't want it replacing the game I enjoy :fp:

souljahbill
08-27-2013, 03:50 PM
I'm lost. What's farming simulator? A new Harvest Moon?

JBHuskers
08-27-2013, 04:27 PM
I'm lost. What's farming simulator? A new Harvest Moon?

It's a game that's been on PC for quite a while I think. Came to Vita a couple months ago. PS3 next week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MVMwsv_qoc

JBHuskers
09-03-2013, 11:33 PM
SWEET! Just got an invite to the Elder Scrolls Online beta.

JBHuskers
09-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Sexy!!!

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y389/JBHuskers/TESOBeta_zps92968250.png

oweb26
09-06-2013, 06:12 AM

Yeah, I won't. I don't mind adding a 3rd person element but I don't want it replacing the game I enjoy :fp:

I have the game and I think its okay, not as good as XCOM but it does have the xcom elements. You move our soldiers, you lay down turrets and use powers with your team, but its not nearly as bad as mors is saying it is or even the reviews say it is.

I wouldn't pay full price for it though, catch it on the winter sale I'm sure it will get a nice discount.

punter
09-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Has anyone else had a hard time finding farming simulator? Doesn't seem like any place is selling it :( JB where did you get you copy at? ;)
Also here is a live stream video for all of those who may have missed it.
I'm sure most have seen it already but here it is just in case you forgot it was on the other night.

http://youtu.be/iJVUzO5SuSs

JBHuskers
09-09-2013, 04:58 PM
I'm waiting for it to be released on PS3. I think it comes out this week or in a couple.

Tempted to buy it on Vita too since it has a :plat: and it's $10.

bdoughty
09-10-2013, 05:06 AM
Tex Murphy is back, bitches!!! Hopefully in 2014.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBbzzUBiUEg

SmoothPancakes
09-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Already own everything except Midnight Club. Never played it, never really interested me much.

Ok, so I have to take this comment back.

I bought Midnight Club: LA from Xbox Live on Monday the 2nd during their big Rockstar Games sale that they had going on. Midnight Club: Los Angeles - Complete Edition was something like $7 with the sale price, so figured what the hell. Rockstar hasn't let me down in the past with Red Dead Redemption, the Grand Theft Auto series and L.A. Noire, so I took a shot in the dark and bought it. Damn have I been having fun.

Didn't get too deep into it last week, mostly only ran one or two races, spent a lot of time in police pursuits (so many that I racked up enough fines to leave my money sitting at -$4,870), but didn't really get into much of it. Well, since Sunday, I've been sitting down and getting more into it. Already knocked out a good couple dozen missions, well into the hundreds in races, my balance at last look was something like $77,000, and that's after having bought two "better" cars (than my starter car). My rep rank is currently Elite Racer, somewhere in the mid-15,000's, so my newest car is a Dodge Challenger, making races much easier with the increased speed, acceleration and handling over my older cars. Focusing on trying to get up to Legend so I can unlock level 2 of performance upgrades for the Challenger, boost and max that bitch out.

So definitely a hell of a lot of fun. It's a shame it took me this long to get around to playing MC: LA, but I'm definitely enjoying it right now.

It does have one drawback though, in that it's killed any time I could have spent on trying to resurrect my Utah State dynasty in NCAA '14. Between MC: LA and co-oping Dead Rising 2 one or two nights a week with my best friend from college, NCAA '14 has been hard to slip into the rotation of time I actually spend on my 360.

SCClassof93
09-15-2013, 10:55 PM
Check this vid, what really got my interest is at 10:51, a new golf game for next gen with a full course designer:nod::up: Finally!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWupEz_XEGY

CLW
09-25-2013, 07:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH8NL0pFwzU

It's all YOUR fault IOU. :nod:

bdoughty
10-17-2013, 07:04 PM
Taken from Neogaf and other sources

NPD Sales Results for September 2013

5 Week Month

Overall:

Retail Software Up 52%.

Hardware Down 13%.

Overall Retail Industry Up 27%.

http://abload.de/img/138204474823gdld4.jpg

Notes:
-GTA V represents over 50% of all dollars spent this month.
-GTA V was the highest opening for the franchise.
-NPD did not say it was the highest opening month ever, so it's quite possibly behind the highest CoD games.
-GTA V was the highest selling game in any September on NPD record.

Hardware:

3DS: Best selling platform.
PS3: Best selling console. The GTA bundle represented a large portion of its sales.
Xbox 360: Has sold 1.6 million this year so far. This gives us an estimate of 169K (thanks Aquamarine).
Wii U: Up 200% from last month. To note, a 200% increase means it's three times as much as last month. For speculation of what that number could be, go here. Any official numbers will be put in this spot as they come.

Other Information:

Originally Posted by Microsoft

This month, Xbox 360 reached 80 million consoles sold to retailers worldwide* and maintained its lead as the number one selling console in the U.S. in 2013.

September 2013 NPD highlights:

September marked the biggest software sales ever for Xbox 360, with sales reaching $401.2 million the most for any console in the U.S. (Source: NPD Group, September 2013)
Xbox 360 continues to see strong consumer demand with an amazing lineup of titles. In fact, Xbox 360 held five of the top 10 consoles games during the month of September including: “Grand Theft Auto V,” “FIFA 14,” “Madden NFL 14,” “Diablo III” and “NBA 2K14.” (Source: NPD Group, September 2013)
Xbox 360 remains the number one selling console in the U.S. in 2013, with 1.6 million units sold this year. (Source: NPD Group, September 2013)

Xbox 360 is poised for another successful holiday with recently announced Xbox 360 holiday bundles available worldwide at select major retailers. The three holiday bundles are:

Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Bundle with “Halo 4” and “Tomb Raider” as well as one month free of Xbox Live Gold available for $249.99** USD (ERP).
Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Holiday Bundle with “Kinect Sports: Season Two” and “Kinect Adventures” as well as one month free of Xbox Live Gold available for $249.99** USD (ERP).
Xbox 360 250GB Kinect Holiday Bundle with “Kinect Sports: Season Two,” “Kinect Adventures,” and “Forza Horizon” as well as one month free of Xbox Live Gold available for $349.99** USD (ERP).

This holiday only, the Xbox 360 4GB Console is available for an incredible value of $179.99** USD (ERP). Now is the time to get a great deal on Xbox 360.

Looking ahead to Xbox One launch, we continue to see overwhelming demand for the console with pre-orders for Xbox One selling out quicker than any previous Xbox release; Xbox One pre-orders continue to outpace Xbox 360 pre-orders in the same time period. While we remain on track to honor all pre-order commitments, we do expect to sell every Xbox One we deliver to retail this holiday.

With the release of Xbox One, amazing new titles coming to Xbox One and Xbox 360 and best-ever holiday offers available for Xbox 360, it’s going to be a great year for Xbox.

*Internal Microsoft data

**Games inside marked packages, while supplies last. Estimated retail price; actual prices may vary.

See participating retailer for details.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/10/xbox-360-sept-npd

Originally Posted by Nintendo

Nintendo 3DS Repeats at No. 1, Wii U Responds Following Price Cut

Nintendo enters the critical holiday selling season with strong momentum, as Nintendo 3DS finished as the best-selling video game system in the U.S. for the fifth consecutive month and Wii U enjoyed new momentum following a price cut.

On Oct. 15, Nintendo revealed that Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, which launched globally on Oct. 12, combined to sell more than 4 million units worldwide during its first two days on the market. A full breakdown of U.S. sales for the games, as well as the new Nintendo 2DS handheld, which launched on the same day, will be included in next month's NPD report. In addition to the latest Pokémon adventure, Nintendo 3DS fans have two exciting games on the horizon, both launching on Nov. 22: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Mario Party: Island Tour.

On Sept. 20, Nintendo reduced the price of the Wii U Deluxe Set by $50 to a suggested retail price of $299.99 and introduced a limited-edition bundle that features a download code for a digital copy of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD. Sales of Wii U hardware in September increased by more than 200 percent over sales in August, and that is with only 15 days of data being reported at the new price. Over the next few weeks and months, Wii U fans can look forward to playing Wii Party U (Oct. 25), Wii Fit U (Nintendo eShop, Nov. 1) Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games (Nov. 15) and Super Mario 3D World (Nov. 22).

*Data regarding physical sales of games in September are from the NPD Group. Data regarding digital downloads of games and combined physical/digital life-to-date numbers are from Nintendo's internal sales figures. All numbers, unless otherwise stated, are specific to the United States only.

cdj
10-17-2013, 07:49 PM
2K Marin hit with layoffs (http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/17/layoffs-hit-the-bureau-xcom-declassified-developer-2k-marin/)

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified developer 2K Marin has been hit with layoffs. The game launched in August, with downloadable content having arrived just a few weeks ago.

A 2K representative told Game Informer, "We can confirm staff reductions at 2K Marin. While these were difficult decisions, we regularly evaluate our development efforts and have decided to reallocate creative resources. Our goal to create world-class video game titles remains unchanged."

oweb26
10-18-2013, 04:27 AM
Man being a video game developer has to suck unless you work for one of these uber successful franchises, a shit ton of late hours and work and you can still get laid off at a exceptionally high rate for things that aren't your fault.

CLW
10-18-2013, 06:29 AM
Man being a video game developer has to suck unless you work for one of these uber successful franchises, a shit ton of late hours and work and you can still get laid off at a exceptionally high rate for things that aren't your fault.

Yep not a career I'd want to get into. From what I have read about EA the pay isn't all that great and they put in SERIOUS hours.

bdoughty
10-18-2013, 06:32 AM
Also they have to be pretty thick skinned if they dare venture any forum regarding the games they work on. If I worked on games I would try to avoid any video game forums.

JBHuskers
10-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Saint's Row & Dead Island publisher Deep Silver to take a crack at NASCAR with NASCAR '14 for PS3 and 360 early 2014. (http://www.shacknews.com/article/81666/nascar-14-ps3-xbox-360-deep-silver)

bdoughty
10-25-2013, 05:46 PM
Move over PS4 and Xbox One, OUYA 2.0 in the works.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/25/ouya-2-0-releasing-sometime-in-2014-improved-controllers-in-the-works/

GatorfanStovy
10-25-2013, 09:03 PM
wth is OUYA system? I never seen one before :dunno:

bdoughty
10-25-2013, 10:32 PM
wth is OUYA system? I never seen one before :dunno:

Oy vey!

cdj
10-29-2013, 02:00 PM
EA Cancels Command & Conquer, Victory Studios Closed (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/29/ea-cancels-command-conquer-victory-studios-closed?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social)

Victory Studios has closed, according to its marketing manager, alongside the cancellation of its free-to-play version of Command & Conquer. A letter on Command & Conquer's website, which details the reason for ceasing production, was allegedly "not ok'd by the team."

The letter reads, "Your feedback from the alpha trial is clear: We are not making the game you want to play. That is why, after much difficult deliberation, we have decided to cease production of this version of the game." EA will be refunding users who spent money during the duration of C&C's closed alpha. IGN found Command & Conquer underwhelming earlier this year. At Gamescom, EA and Victory revealed that C&C would receive campaign content -- which was previously removed -- in 2014.

Victory Studios' last words on the site state, "We believe that Command & Conquer is a powerful franchise with huge potential and a great history, and we are determined to get the best game made as soon as possible. To that end, we have already begun looking at a number of alternatives to get the game back on track. We look forward to sharing more news about the franchise as it develops. Thank you again for your participation and support."

JBHuskers
10-29-2013, 04:14 PM
Pinball Arcade is coming over to PS4. I contacted them via Facebook, if you've purchased tables on the PS3, you will have to re-purchase, but at a discounted price. That price hasn't been announced yet. There is 38-40 DLC tables currently for the game I think.

JBHuskers
10-30-2013, 12:09 PM
Valve's Steam hits 65 million users, surpassing Xbox Live (http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/124754-valve-s-steam-hits-65-million-users-surpassing-xbox-live)

morsdraconis
10-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Valve's Steam hits 65 million users, surpassing Xbox Live (http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/124754-valve-s-steam-hits-65-million-users-surpassing-xbox-live)

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/4613986/fuck-you-microsoft-o.gif

CLW
10-30-2013, 05:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9c8EyNKcbI

gschwendt
11-04-2013, 03:42 PM
This is pretty awesome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EUksUq1EzMM

bdoughty
11-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Apparently that consumerist poll (Worst company in America) JB likes to mock seems to have some pull at EA.

http://kotaku.com/ea-wants-you-to-feel-like-their-games-are-a-steal-1457060464

The implication from Wilson is that EA hasn't been giving their gamers enough value, regardless of whether they've been charging $60 for a game or nothing. And being named Worst Company twice has certainly stung Wilson, Soderlund and other top folks EA.

"When we got this the second time around, if you don't think about it as an executive in the company, you probably are not doing the right thing," Soderlund said.

Now about those patches for NCAA, Madden, TW? Bueller? Bueller? :fp: I smell a three-peat.

SCClassof93
11-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Apparently that consumerist poll (Worst company in America) JB likes to mock seems to have some pull at EA.

http://kotaku.com/ea-wants-you-to-feel-like-their-games-are-a-steal-1457060464

The implication from Wilson is that EA hasn't been giving their gamers enough value, regardless of whether they've been charging $60 for a game or nothing. And being named Worst Company twice has certainly stung Wilson, Soderlund and other top folks EA.

"When we got this the second time around, if you don't think about it as an executive in the company, you probably are not doing the right thing," Soderlund said.

Now about those patches for NCAA, Madden, TW? Bueller? Bueller? :fp: I smell a three-peat.

My point exactly! Great, they have abandoned current gen but they have not stopped selling current gen...... and TW14 is BROKEN.

steelerfan
11-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Lol.

Have either of you guys EVER worked for a big company? Of course the execs are going to say it is important, they're not going to say "that voice is insignificant and doesn't matter". But, the truth is, it is unimportant. Think of it this way, the sim community is small and insignificant to the big picture, however, the company would never say that. They want to sound like every voice is important. It's PC rhetoric.

JBHuskers
11-04-2013, 10:25 PM
Lol.

Have either of you guys EVER worked for a big company? Of course the execs are going to say it is important, they're not going to say "that voice is insignificant and doesn't matter". But, the truth is, it is unimportant. Think of it this way, the sim community is small and insignificant to the big picture, however, the company would never say that. They want to sound like every voice is important. It's PC rhetoric.

I work for Allstate.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

SmoothPancakes
11-04-2013, 10:41 PM

I work for Allstate.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

And I work in radio. It's impossible to go one day without dealing with the public and blowing air up their ass to make them feel special, even though their opinion doesn't matter one damn bit when it comes to our daily operations. Any changes we make or do ends up coming down from corporate, not because one random person felt the need to complain or share their opinion about something. But, we still have to put on the dog and pony show and blow air up people's asses to make the people feel like their opinion matters when it comes to what we do.

bdoughty
11-05-2013, 12:55 AM
Lol.

Of course it was rhetoric, just look at the examples of not patching games. They bow to the almighty stockholder. I was just trying to get a rise out of JB. ;)

CLW
11-05-2013, 06:22 AM
Lol.

Well it is a different approach than their COO's initial public reaction:

http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/37/94/c5817d6dc2d8866146dac2ccc7cab713-eas-reponse-to-being-named-the-worst-company-in-america.jpg

SCClassof93
11-05-2013, 08:15 AM
Lol.

In the past I did....distant past......I also have owned several small businesses and while I agree that the customer's "voice" is unimportant their dollars are not.

SCClassof93
11-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Of course it was rhetoric, just look at the examples of not patching games. They bow to the almighty stockholder. I was just trying to get a rise out of JB. ;)

As they should, and smart stockholders want smart, long term thinking officers running their company.

SCClassof93
11-05-2013, 08:19 AM
And I work in radio. It's impossible to go one day without dealing with the public and blowing air up their ass to make them feel special, even though their opinion doesn't matter one damn bit when it comes to our daily operations. Any changes we make or do ends up coming down from corporate, not because one random person felt the need to complain or share their opinion about something. But, we still have to put on the dog and pony show and blow air up people's asses to make the people feel like their opinion matters when it comes to what we do.

Actually your company caters to advertisers....they are your real customers. Joe public spends nothing at your station......unless.....you work for NPR :fp::glare::D

cdj
11-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Well it is a different approach than their COO's initial public reaction:

Moore's real response can be found here (http://www.ea.com/news/we-can-do-better). That image is a fake quote, like most images with quoted text.

CLW
11-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Moore's real response can be found here (http://www.ea.com/news/we-can-do-better). That image is a fake quote, like most images with quoted text.

Ironically, there isn't much difference between the responses.

JBHuskers
11-26-2013, 10:05 PM
This is a trainer's card I just got in an Ultimate Team pack for FIFA :D :D :D

http://i.imgur.com/64tKaNa.jpg

CLW
12-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Leak: Government spies snooped in 'Warcraft,' other games
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/09/tech/web/nsa-spying-video-games/

CLW
12-12-2013, 07:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIh6t0d_MuA

not really sure what all this is about but apparently youtube changed its policy terms/conditions and guys doing video game youtube videos cannot get paid anymore?

SmoothPancakes
12-12-2013, 07:29 PM
not really sure what all this is about but apparently youtube changed its policy terms/conditions and guys doing video game youtube videos cannot get paid anymore?

http://kotaku.com/youtube-channels-crippled-by-copyright-claims-1480717110

http://kotaku.com/youtube-copyright-chaos-continues-game-publishers-to-t-1481517758

http://kotaku.com/game-critic-says-youtube-copyright-policy-threatens-his-1482117783

CLW
12-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Yeah i knew it was copyright related but i don't get how these youtubers get paid. I presume its from the ads that you can skip in 5 seconds?

cdj
12-12-2013, 07:51 PM
Yeah i knew it was copyright related but i don't get how these youtubers get paid. I presume its from the ads that you can skip in 5 seconds?

I got hit with some of these a week or two back for songs in NBA Live. However, it looks like things have gone out of control since.

I assume the ads are what contribute to paying them, CLW, but I am not 100% on that.

Personally, I do not understand how people can get paid for gameplay videos or just voicing over gameplay. IMHO that is not original content. Though, many claims on YouTube are ridiculous, even before this. We got hit on some NCAA 'Game of the Week' preview vids we did a couple years back by (IIRC) XO Technologies, a company that AFAIK is not involved with production of the game in any manner. EA was no help in removing the claim, so we deleted the video and quit producing that feature. I can understand the frustration that exists. After all, you can't fight City Hall (or YouTube)...

morsdraconis
12-12-2013, 08:01 PM

Yes. It's from the ads (that I never even see because of adblocker) but it's also from the view counts. That make a percentage off of the number of views they get (like $100 per 25,000 views or somethin' of that nature). It's why people make viral videos with ads on them. It's an instant $1,000 or more.

CLW
12-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Yes. It's from the ads (that I never even see because of adblocker) but it's also from the view counts. That make a percentage off of the number of views they get (like $100 per 25,000 views or somethin' of that nature). It's why people make viral videos with ads on them. It's an instant $1,000 or more.

lol i only see them on my phone so but thats prob b/c i have ad blocker too

CLW
12-31-2013, 06:57 PM
Year in review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaZBf93dneg

GatorfanStovy
12-31-2013, 07:58 PM
Any one ever play Power Ranger Super Legends for either PC,Ps2 or the DS? I never really played it much when it was first out back when it came out. Found it for 4 bucks on amazon and picked it up for pc. ps2 copy was still 50 bucks ouch :fp:

JBHuskers
01-03-2014, 08:19 PM
That makes me getting the :plat: on Hannah Montana more manly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

psuexv
01-03-2014, 08:39 PM
That makes me getting the :plat: on Hannah Montana more manly.

No, no it really doesn't :smh:

SmoothPancakes
01-03-2014, 09:03 PM
No, no it really doesn't :smh:

:+1:

souljahbill
01-03-2014, 10:02 PM
I decided to ask my wife to get me The Last of Us for my birthday present in February. It seems to be everyone's GotY so I'll have to check it out.

Bach Patu
01-09-2014, 08:06 PM
My take on this whole YouTube thing thus far is this.....

First things first - STOP & BREATHE (No seriously - stop, take a breath & THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO SAY)

Secondly, addressing the heart of the issue - THERE IS A WAY AROUND IT

That way is to MUTE THE MUSIC (Or turn it down so low that's in the foreground compared to your own voice)

This is what many of us sports gaming YouTubers do. This puts us in the position of acting as spectactor/announcer/coach as we add our own PERSONALITY to our videos

Now that said, I'm NOT going to sit here & pretend to know the scop of Google's actions here (I've downloaded the entire 4 part series that one group of YouTube gamers did & will sit down & watch it to have a better understanding) BUT for those who thought they could make LOADS of $$$ off someone else's work SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS IN THE BACKGROUND OF THEIR GAMEPLAY, I can't say I have much sympathy for you because (As I indicated before) there's a way around it (And I've outlined one example above)

To those who even went so far as to QUIT THEIR DAY JOBS (As was asserting in one of those videos) thinking they could make a living SIMPLY BY PLAYING GAMES ALL DAY - I have to ask WHAT ARE THESE PEOPLE ON ?? Do they SERIOUSLY think they're EVER gonna make BOATLOADS of $$$ just by playing video games & uploading videos of that game play to places like YouTuibe for monetization ?? WHO ARE THEY KIDDING (Aside from themselves) ??

Now I suppose I'll have a slightly different take after watching the aforementioned 4 part series but if what I already know is all there is, I seriously doubt nearly 7 hours of video (The total amount of time devoted to the series) will change it

Either way, I'm either WAY WAY off & there really is a problem OR I'm right on target & all this is just much a do about nothing at all. From what I'm gathering from people here, there's no in-between

JMO at least for now.....

Cheers & Happy Gaming :)

BP

steelerfan
01-09-2014, 09:52 PM
Wait.

What?

oweb26
01-09-2014, 11:53 PM
Ahh nevermind I figured out what was going on I didn't read the entire thread (or at least the last month or so worth)

Glad not many folks are on after about 9:00...lol

bdoughty
01-13-2014, 05:29 PM
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/yes-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-did-make-me-feel-uncomfortable-

Vampire sucks blood from woman = RAPE

:fp:

JBHuskers
01-15-2014, 09:02 AM
With the return of R.B.I. Baseball, I was reading up on Tengen. Pretty interesting story about those weird looking carts (from Wiki):

Tengen unsuccessfully tried to negotiate with Nintendo for a less restrictive license (Nintendo restricted their licensees to releasing only five games per year, and required their games to be NES-exclusive for two years). Nintendo refused, so in December 1987 Tengen agreed to the standard licensing terms. In 1988, Tengen released its first and only three cartridges licensed through Nintendo—RBI Baseball, Pac-Man and Gauntlet. Meanwhile, Tengen secretly worked to bypass Nintendo's lock-out chip called 10NES that gave it control over which games were published for the NES. While numerous manufacturers managed to override this chip by zapping it with a voltage spike, Tengen engineers feared this could potentially damage NES consoles and expose them to unnecessary liability.[citation needed] The other problem was that Nintendo made frequent modifications to the NES to prevent this technique from working. Instead the company chose to reverse engineer the chip and decipher the code required to unlock it. However, the engineers were unable to do so, and the launch date for its first batch of games was rapidly approaching.

With time running short, Tengen turned to the United States Copyright Office. Its lawyers contacted the government office to request a copy of the Nintendo lock-out program, claiming that the company needed it for potential litigation against Nintendo. Once obtained, it used the program to create its own chip that would unlock the NES. When Tengen launched the unlicensed versions of its games, Nintendo immediately sued Tengen for copyright and patent infringement. In the initial phases of trial, the court sided with Nintendo, but the sides settled before the matter was fully resolved.

Tengen faced another court challenge with Nintendo in 1989 in copyright controversy over Tetris. Tengen lost this suit as well and was forced to recall what was estimated to be hundreds of thousands of unsold cartridges (having sold only about 50,000).[1]

JBHuskers
01-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Ubisoft is bringing Tetris to the PS4 & XB1 :up:

Stan HAMsen
01-28-2014, 12:55 PM
Is anybody else playing Dyad? It is quite a bit more challenging than I expected. I can't play it for very long before my eyes start to hurt though.

JBHuskers
01-28-2014, 01:06 PM
Is anybody else playing Dyad? It is quite a bit more challenging than I expected. I can't play it for very long before my eyes start to hurt though.

Downloaded it, but haven't touched it yet.

Stan HAMsen
01-28-2014, 01:20 PM
I have only played it a couple of times. There is a specific trophy mode for each level. To my point about the game being challenging, I think the one of those trophies with the highest unlock rate was the second level at, like, 9% or something. The first level, the target number of hooked pairs is 22. I got 20 once and 19 a bunch of times. I think I played for about a half hour before my eyes filed a petition with the National Labor Relations Board.

JBHuskers
01-31-2014, 03:25 PM
Tropico 5 is coming to PS4, no word on XB1 yet.

I think I have an old Tropico on the PC. Should give it a whirl sometime. Looks pretty fun.

steelerfan
02-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Anybody here play Football Manager?

I downloaded the demo on Steam for FM14 a couple nights ago and have enjoyed playing it so far. I think it would be a good purchase for me but I see that they have run it at 50% off 3 times (that I've found) since Christmas so I think I'll wait until they do it again to save $25. I know there are only a couple guys here that would even consider Football Manager but I thought I'd see if anyone had any feedback.

CLW
02-04-2014, 08:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuJHAqQgi7w

JBHuskers
02-05-2014, 01:26 AM
Played some Outlast tonight on PS4. Definitely not a game to play before bed :D

JBHuskers
02-05-2014, 01:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuJHAqQgi7w

Good stuff right there....

bdoughty
02-05-2014, 08:43 PM
To add to what Boogie mentioned about Dungeon Keeper. Also another step toward the mythical three-peat.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-05-dungeon-keeper-review

1/10 is bad but...

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/04/dungeon-keeper-review-microtransaction-hell-4289901/

In Short: Dungeon Keeper is not a video game, not any more. Instead it’s just a virtual beggar, constantly demanding your spare change and offering nothing in return.

Pros: Older smartphones aren’t compatible.

Cons: A sickening perversion of the whole concept of video games, with nothing in the way of gameplay just constant cajoling for you to bribe your way to victory.

Score: 0/10 This0 is the kinda stuff that keeps people clicking EA for worst company in America.

Stan HAMsen
02-06-2014, 09:11 AM
I guess Olympic themed don't sell. That's the only reason I can think of that they don't seem to exist anymore.

When I was a child, some friends and I would spend hours playing Summer Games I & II and Winter Games on Commodore 64. Great games in their day. Then Track & Field was an incredibly popular arcade game that eventually made it's way to NES. And I had a Winter Olympics themed game for NES too that I really enjoyed.

It seems like modern controllers would allow for games that would be easy to play but difficult to master.

JBHuskers
02-06-2014, 09:20 AM
To add to what Boogie mentioned about Dungeon Keeper. Also another step toward the mythical three-peat.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-05-dungeon-keeper-review

1/10 is bad but...

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/04/dungeon-keeper-review-microtransaction-hell-4289901/

In Short: Dungeon Keeper is not a video game, not any more. Instead it’s just a virtual beggar, constantly demanding your spare change and offering nothing in return.

Pros: Older smartphones aren’t compatible.

Cons: A sickening perversion of the whole concept of video games, with nothing in the way of gameplay just constant cajoling for you to bribe your way to victory.

Score: 0/10 This0 is the kinda stuff that keeps people clicking EA for worst company in America.

In fairness. This is the most I have ever seen anyone care about a mobile game.

bdoughty
02-06-2014, 10:00 AM
In fairness. This is the most I have ever seen anyone care about a mobile game.

This is a bit different since there was the original Dungeon Keeper and Dungeon Keeper 2 on the PC. There is some nostalgia that comes with the anger. For us, it would be like NeoGeo rebooting Baseball Stars for mobile and forcing you to wait 24 hours after each inning or pay.

souljahbill
02-06-2014, 08:28 PM
I guess Olympic themed don't sell. That's the only reason I can think of that they don't seem to exist anymore.

When I was a child, some friends and I would spend hours playing Summer Games I & II and Winter Games on Commodore 64. Great games in their day. Then Track & Field was an incredibly popular arcade game that eventually made it's way to NES. And I had a Winter Olympics themed game for NES too that I really enjoyed.

It seems like modern controllers would allow for games that would be easy to play but difficult to master.

Depends. Some Olympic-themed games sell. Case in point...

Stan HAMsen
02-07-2014, 08:54 AM
That looks pretty fun. Of course, I'd rather have something that's trying to be a bit more realistic but I'm sure that's a blast to play. If I had WiiU, I'd buy it today.

JBHuskers
02-12-2014, 04:35 PM
Gamestop dropped the Battle Edition of Injustice to $40 today.

I've always wanted this fight stick so I got it, and figure I can get $20 or $30 on eBay for the game.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/-5MjK6pq3g0/maxresdefault.jpg

The deal is still live on Gamestop for PS3 only. Use code SAVER and get free ship:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/injustice-gods-among-us-battle-edition/107664?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=lw9MynSeamY-lhadngICNjRMTU7l9QQB1w

gschwendt
02-13-2014, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=07lzC87W3Xs

morsdraconis
02-13-2014, 05:33 PM
OMFG! I knew it was going to be epic from the early stuff I saw, but holy shit, it's going to be amazing!

cdj
02-18-2014, 12:07 PM
Irrational Games (http://www.irrationalgames.com/) (BioShock) shutting down (http://kotaku.com/bioshock-studio-irrational-games-is-winding-down-all-1525186316).

Co-founder Ken Levine: "I am winding down Irrational Games as you know it. I’ll be starting a smaller, more entrepreneurial endeavor at Take-Two. That is going to mean parting ways with all but about fifteen members of the Irrational team. There’s no great way to lay people off, and our first concern is to make sure that the people who are leaving have as much support as we can give them during this transition. "

CLW
02-20-2014, 06:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybwiAlvinZA

JBHuskers
02-20-2014, 03:37 PM
Guy Beats Super Mario Bros. With The Lowest Score Possible (http://kotaku.com/guy-beats-super-mario-bros-with-the-lowest-score-possib-1526905435)

I guess 500 is as low as you can go with warps and etc. The previous known record was 600 back in 2011 I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kvT0dywaF8

GatorfanStovy
02-25-2014, 12:35 PM
South Park game looks good I can't wait! B een a long time since a good game came out from south park.

Do you think it is possible to sell a ps 3 bundle for 200 bucks? comes with about 8 games 2 controllers and ps remote. its the 120gb slim model.. Wouldn't mind selling it towards the xbox one.

cdj
02-25-2014, 03:56 PM
Lay-offs at Sony Santa Monica (God of War) and one project reportedly cancelled (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/25/layoffs-hit-god-of-war-studio-sony-santa-monica).

Reliable sources have confirmed to IGN that there were layoffs at Sony Santa Monica Studio today. The Sony-owned, exclusive developer – founded in 1999 – is best known for its God of War games.

The extent of the damage remains unclear, though there are indications that one of the projects the studio was working on has been cancelled alongside this round of layoffs.

JBHuskers
02-26-2014, 10:58 AM
Outlast is getting DLC in April (http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/26/outlast-reopens-its-gates-with-whistleblower-dlc-in-april/)

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2013/09/outlastrev3.jpg

Outlast receives its first DLC in April both on Windows PC and PS4, obliterating any hope that you'd escaped the Mount Massive Asylum for good. The first-person survival horror features reporter Miles Upshur investigating the creepy hospital, and the "Whistleblower" DLC details the events that led him to the asylum's foreboding gates.

Whistleblower stars Waylon Park, a software engineer working for the Murkoff Corporation, which owns and runs Mount Massive. After spending two weeks at the asylum, Park felt he had to email Upshur and other journalists to spill the beans on the secret horrors of the asylum - probably not the best idea from a self-preservation point-of-view, but there we are. Whistleblower doesn't just chronicle these events, though, with developer Red Barrels noting "it will actually stretch past the events of the first game to show the final chapter in Mount Massive Asylum's story."

The above image is from the main game rather than the DLC, but we'll let you decide for yourself if you want to see the gruesome screenshot Red Barrels published alongside this week's news. Really, who drinks soda just before dinner? Revolting.

CLW
03-04-2014, 05:12 PM
LMAO Houston FTW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6otAOl7-Dc4

GatorfanStovy
03-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Any one pick up the south park game yet? how is so far?

morsdraconis
03-06-2014, 04:28 AM
Any one pick up the south park game yet? how is so far?

Haven't bought it yet, but some coworkers have been absolutely raving about the game. Going to end up getting it sooner or later.

CLW
03-08-2014, 10:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saz_Yntzzec

You know who is at #1. :nod:

GatorfanStovy
03-08-2014, 04:57 PM
That was pretty dumb at number one. But what ever. Xbox One will win out in time.

GatorfanStovy
03-12-2014, 04:59 AM
How do I link my twitch feed so people can see when I go live?

CLW
03-17-2014, 07:08 PM
GDC: 'Plot is Highly Overrated' in Games, Says Devs"Players don’t remember plot."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/17/gdc-plot-is-highly-overrated-in-games-says-devs

Maybe I'm in the minority on this but I wanted to take a baseball bat to the two morons that spouted off this nonsense.

SmoothPancakes
03-17-2014, 08:11 PM
GDC: 'Plot is Highly Overrated' in Games, Says Devs

"Players don’t remember plot."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/17/gdc-plot-is-highly-overrated-in-games-says-devs

Maybe I'm in the minority on this but I wanted to take a baseball bat to the two morons that spouted off this nonsense.

In a rarity, we agree. There is a reason that the Final Fantasy games are some of my favorite games of all time, because of the plot, as well as the characters. Also the reason I was so pissed off after completing the COD: Ghosts campaign. While I never really expect much from the COD campaigns in recent years, the Ghosts plot was just so fucking stupid, it felt like a total waste of time by the time I completed it. If they're going to keep making the campaigns and plots and storylines of said campaigns dumber and dumber and less intricate, then it may end up being just sports games that I buy in the future. Story is HUGE when it comes to what games I buy.

cdj
03-19-2014, 07:05 PM
Activision shutting down almost everything Guitar Hero, Band Hero, & DJ Hero related (https://www.facebook.com/GuitarHero/photos/a.88575948619.84770.29438478619/10152295986523620/?type=1):

Sad to say that the downloadable songs for the Guitar Hero, DJ Hero and Band Hero games, and the Guitar Hero mobile game will no longer be available after March 31, 2014. The Guitar Hero servers will stay online and any previously purchased downloadable content is unaffected by this change.

We want to thank all of you for supporting Guitar Hero over the last nine years. To celebrate this great community, selected songs and tracks will be available for as much as a 50% discount on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii from now until the end of the month.
For more information, please visit the store on your console.

Also, over at the iTunes store, the mobile game will also be available at a special discount until the end of the month.

jaymo76
03-20-2014, 12:29 PM
I saw last night that Playstation network has every single GTA game on sale. I think I will pick up my fave when I was younger (Vice City) as it's $3. I want to buy GTA 5 as it's $39.99 but the 18gb will wipe out all of my free space on the ps3.

JBHuskers
03-25-2014, 02:07 AM
I'm shocked that nobody posted that EA won't 3-peat as worst company. They didn't make it out of the first round losing to Time Warner.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.

SmoothPancakes
03-25-2014, 03:51 AM
I'm shocked that nobody posted that EA won't 3-peat as worst company. They didn't make it out of the first round losing to Time Warner.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.

Good! :clap:

Maybe now we'll have a true "tournament" instead of douchebags whining because they didn't like something in a game.

gschwendt
03-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Facebook buys Oculus Rift for $2B (https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10101319050523971)

cdj
03-25-2014, 10:23 PM
More layoffs around the industry (http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/25/5545492/report-evolution-studios-guerrilla-cambridge-sce-london-studio-hit):

UK studios Evolution Studios, Guerrilla Cambridge and SCE London Studio experienced layoffs this morning, a Sony spokesperson confirmed with Polygon.

gschwendt
03-27-2014, 01:28 PM
I've never played any previous Spiderman game, but this one looks like it'd be pretty fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=k_JJzq5BCqo

CLW
03-27-2014, 06:13 PM
Any of you guys ever buy/use/install "skins"? Came across some on the net that actually look really sharp on the PS4 and DS4 but not sure how easy they are to install.

souljahbill
03-29-2014, 07:36 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/29/bydureva.jpg

SmoothPancakes
04-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Of all the people on this site, how is nobody talking about the great gloriousness that is Goat Simulator?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvWGLcdI8o8

morsdraconis
04-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Of all the people on this site, how is nobody talking about the great gloriousness that is Goat Simulator?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvWGLcdI8o8

:D :D :D

Dude at work was playing it today on his laptop. It was fuckin' hilarious. I'll never buy it, but it was hilarious to watch him do stupid shit with it.

cdj
04-01-2014, 07:03 PM
EA ends up apologizing for the April Fool's Day tweets from Frostbite. (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/04/01/ea-deletes-wii-u-april-fools-jab.aspx)

JBHuskers
04-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Do you guys think Trials Fusion is worth a $40 purchase? It looks pretty damn cool, but no different than the other versions that were $15 from some videos I'm looking at.

Edit: I do see the purchase comes with all six DLC packs free.

Now the question is PS4 or XB1 whoever friends are going to play the most on.

gschwendt
04-07-2014, 07:53 AM

GatorfanStovy
04-21-2014, 12:01 PM
Any one playing South Park: The Stick of Truth still? I'm looking at getting it next week . Seems cheaper now.

bdoughty
04-24-2014, 07:16 PM
Just Cause 3, 2015, oh yeah

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/24/just-cause-3-may-arrive-in-2015

bdoughty
04-25-2014, 11:11 PM
Did not find a thread on Alien Isolation but will just stick it here in case there is one somewhere.

Is the game scary? IGN employees play it.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/04/25/how-scary-is-alien-isolation

bdoughty
04-26-2014, 04:58 PM
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/diggers-ready-unearth-ataris-et-games-0

So they dug em up. ET can now go home.

cdj
05-02-2014, 08:09 AM
Turtle Rock Community Manager fired after making comments on Donald Sterling. (http://kotaku.com/community-manager-fired-after-calling-donald-sterling-a-1570567303)

JBHuskers
05-09-2014, 10:57 AM

bdoughty
05-09-2014, 10:32 PM
I am in tears. If you have played a few games of 2K14, I highly recommend protecting your monitor from whatever you are drinking before viewing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6S6YxMRLfo&feature=youtu.be

SmoothPancakes
05-09-2014, 10:43 PM
Lmao! God that couldn't have been more accurate.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

I OU a Beatn
05-09-2014, 11:20 PM
Yep. Like I said, it's an absolute fucking joke that they get these 90+ ratings every year. These have been problems for YEARS, too.

jaymo76
05-11-2014, 04:08 PM
I am in tears. If you have played a few games of 2K14, I highly recommend protecting your monitor from whatever you are drinking before viewing.

Oh man, I was laughing so hard I was almost crying. These guys need to do this for the Madden and NCAA series respectively. Hilarious!

AustinWolv
05-12-2014, 11:48 AM
LOL, nicely done.

SCClassof93
05-12-2014, 04:06 PM

That is too funny :D. They should do this for NBA Live next.....not sure those kids could be out there that long though :D

bdoughty
05-12-2014, 04:21 PM
That is too funny :D. They should do this for NBA Live next.....not sure those kids could be out there that long though :D

Big Bang Theory covered NBA Live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpHjX0OyrX0

JBHuskers
05-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Is anyone getting next gen Diablo III?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GLZQR96/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=U5TJN2U3L7HH&coliid=I39CTH9LAKOBGT

GatorfanStovy
05-13-2014, 10:57 PM

A Madden needs one too.

bdoughty
05-14-2014, 08:15 PM
A fun day one patch for those who pick up Wolfenstein.

http://i.imgur.com/PVvxhdk.png

I can just imagine what the day one patch would be for the upcoming next-gen sequel to the Elder Scroll Series. 22TB and it still would be buggy as hell.

gschwendt
05-16-2014, 12:37 PM
Transistor launch trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT55lch6y_U

If I hadn't loved Bastion, I wouldn't have an interest in this game but at this point, I'm waiting to see. I'm sure I'll get it eventually but with Watch Dogs right around the corner, this one will have to wait.

JBHuskers
05-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Looks sweet.

CLW
05-18-2014, 08:47 PM
Apparently Google has bought Twitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loeFYdbvrZM

cdj
05-18-2014, 09:36 PM
I have the utmost confidence that GoogTube will ruin Twitch as well. Ugh....

jaymo76
05-18-2014, 10:29 PM
Disappointing if true. I'm getting tired of seeing these massive media conglomerates gobble up pretty much everything. I'm a huge fan of twitch and it will be sad to see it in any other format.

SmoothPancakes
05-18-2014, 11:09 PM
Sigh. And here I was just getting into Twitch with the ability to stream on the One and PS4 (though for whatever reason my internet can't handle it despite having good enough D/U speeds). So much for that. I have no doubt Twitch is going to turn to shit once Google/Youtube get their hands on it. :(

JBHuskers
05-19-2014, 09:06 AM
Twitch passed on a Microsoft deal apparently.

JBHuskers
05-19-2014, 03:48 PM
Update: The Wall Street Journal (http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304422704579570601736756672?mg=ren o64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB1000 1424052702304422704579570601736756672.html) offers a conflicting report, claiming that while YouTube is in talks to acquire Twitch, the negotiations are still "at an early stage, and a deal isn't imminent." Like Variety, the Wall Street Journal cites anonymous sources close to the deal.

cdj
05-22-2014, 07:59 PM
Amplitude (by Harmonix) reaches its goal on Kickstarter. (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/harmonix/amplitude/?sf3042447=1)

Why Kickstarter?

This project is intended to be a love letter to old-school PS2® fans, but we need to know that this is something you actually want. This is the project WE desperately want to make, but we can’t do it without your interest and support. Help us prove that there is a place for challenging, high-polished rhythm-action games in the modern age!

Given that Harmonix had to be rolling in dough with the success of Guitar Hero, Rock Band, and Dance Central, I have a hard time understanding a Kickstarter project. IMO it is something more for smaller companies that need the funding/press.

JBHuskers
05-22-2014, 10:28 PM
Kinda like big time movie stars using Kickstarter to fund a movie project.... :fp:

morsdraconis
05-23-2014, 07:59 AM
It's because that game is VERY niche and, most likely, couldn't get the greenlight for it from a publisher to make it so they decided to self-publish it through kickstarter with enough backing from fans to show support for the game and the time it would take for them to make it.

It's understandable for a game like that. It's not understandable when it's a AAA FPS or 3rd person shooter. :fp:

jaymo76
05-25-2014, 09:12 PM
Excited to hear that Tropico 5 will be coming to PS4 sometime this fall. I have wanted this series on playstation for a long, long time.

GatorfanStovy
05-25-2014, 10:41 PM
What happen to next gen topic section on the site?

I OU a Beatn
05-26-2014, 11:40 AM
What happen to next gen topic section on the site?

6 months after release there's little point in calling the current gen "next gen."

JBHuskers
05-28-2014, 03:30 PM
Halo was originally slated for Sega Dreamcast (http://fansided.com/2014/05/28/halo-originally-slated-sega-dreamcast/)

bdoughty
05-29-2014, 04:43 PM
EA does it again (http://kotaku.com/ea-shuts-down-mythic-the-studio-behind-warhammer-onlin-1583376655). Goodbye Mythic Entertainment (founded in 1995). I hope the best for all the employees that were let go.

CLW
06-02-2014, 12:53 PM
NAUGHTY DOG REVEALS IT HAS A NEW GAME IN DEVELOPMENTShare.
“We definitely have another project on the scale of Uncharted in very early pre-production stages.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/02/naughty-dog-reveals-it-has-a-new-game-in-development

JBHuskers
06-05-2014, 11:39 AM
Tetris coming to PS4 & XB1 this summer... (http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/05/new-generation-finally-begins-with-tetris-ultimate-in-summer/)

The PS3 version was really well done, so I'm excited to try the new game.

bdoughty
06-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Well JB, I found your next Vita game.

Bullet Girls... Video is spoilered because it is not safe for work. Not even close to being safe for work. I think watching the whole video could make you a pedophile. All that said it is a Vita game, an actual Vita game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQVpuIVeRJk

Here is the link to your import, comes out in late August so it might interfere with how much Madden 15 you play. (http://www.play-asia.com/bullet-girls-paOS-13-49-en-70-7qpl.html)

JBHuskers
06-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Well shit.

SmoothPancakes
06-07-2014, 05:49 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/06/06/the-one-problem-titanfall-watch-dogs-and-destiny-may-all-share/

I gotta say, the guy makes some good points. As much as I LOVE Titanfall, I don't think I could name a single character from the campaign off the top of my head. And while Watch Dogs is fun as hell, Aiden Pierce definitely doesn't fit into that memorable character role like someone like Link, Kratos or Master Chief or MANY of the old Final Fantasy characters. If anyone in Watch Dogs would be declared a memorable character, I'd have to put my vote on Jordi over anyone else.

Unfortunately these days, it's all about selling to the masses and selling as many copies as possible, so instead of a fully fleshed out story and fully developed characters, all of the attention goes to throwing as much as possible into the game and the multiplayer so it'll appeal to more people.

GatorfanStovy
06-07-2014, 11:23 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/06/06/the-one-problem-titanfall-watch-dogs-and-destiny-may-all-share/

I gotta say, the guy makes some good points. As much as I LOVE Titanfall, I don't think I could name a single character from the campaign off the top of my head. And while Watch Dogs is fun as hell, Aiden Pierce definitely doesn't fit into that memorable character role like someone like Link, Kratos or Master Chief or MANY of the old Final Fantasy characters. If anyone in Watch Dogs would be declared a memorable character, I'd have to put my vote on Jordi over anyone else.

Unfortunately these days, it's all about selling to the masses and selling as many copies as possible, so instead of a fully fleshed out story and fully developed characters, all of the attention goes to throwing as much as possible into the game and the multiplayer so it'll appeal to more people.

What about good ole Solid Snake from the metal gear series?

SmoothPancakes
06-07-2014, 11:56 AM
What about good ole Solid Snake from the metal gear series?

Him too. Back in the "good" old days of gaming, there were a ton of games with GREAT stories and very memorable characters that you grew attached to while playing. One big example for me, is Aeris in Final Fantasy VII. She was an extremely memorable character and learning her whole back story, only to have her killed by Sephiroth in that historic scene of the game, that is something that really would catch you while playing and it stuck with you.

Another one that instantly comes to mind is Lee and Clem. I don't know a single person who didn't cry at the end of season 1 of Telltale's Walking Dead game. I forget who it was who said it in another topic just the past day or two, but it was the same thing with me, I not only cried, I balled my fucking eyes out at the end of that game. I don't know of any other game in the last 5-10 years that could have possibly done that to me. The stories and the character development in games these days just plain sucks.

souljahbill
06-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Him too. Back in the "good" old days of gaming, there were a ton of games with GREAT stories and very memorable characters that you grew attached to while playing. One big example for me, is Aeris in Final Fantasy VII. She was an extremely memorable character and learning her whole back story, only to have her killed by Sephiroth in that historic scene of the game, that is something that really would catch you while playing and it stuck with you.

Another one that instantly comes to mind is Lee and Clem. I don't know a single person who didn't cry at the end of season 1 of Telltale's Walking Dead game. I forget who it was who said it in another topic just the past day or two, but it was the same thing with me, I not only cried, I balled my fucking eyes out at the end of that game. I don't know of any other game in the last 5-10 years that could have possibly done that to me. The stories and the character development in games these days just plain sucks.

That was me.

As someone who cried at the end of Episode 5 (not shed tears, CRIED), I'm all about getting this table.

jaymo76
06-07-2014, 08:55 PM
I will always remember Tommy from GTA Vice City. nothing like cruising vice city to 80's music. Man of loved those ps2 days.

bdoughty
06-16-2014, 07:27 AM
EA is a bit of an odd duck some times. Releasing FIFA 15 for the Wii but not the WiiU? (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-16-these-are-the-platforms-you-can-play-fifa-15-on) Sure the Wii has a large user base but damn, poor WiiU.

This image as never been so appropriate.

http://www.reasonforgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/window-wiiu.jpg

JBHuskers
06-16-2014, 11:10 AM
Need a sad panda on the WiiU screen.

JBHuskers
06-16-2014, 11:25 PM
After reading up on what's on the Virtual Console, and some of the games, I got a deal on this...

http://cdn.nintendonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/yoshi_3ds_xl_a.jpg

The potential of this also turned me on to buying a 3DS XL. http://appygamer.mobilesrepublic.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=1&articleid=24630913

bdoughty
06-17-2014, 12:21 AM
http://cdn.nintendonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/yoshi_3ds_xl_a.jpg

I like Yoshi but that would have to be a stay at home handheld for me.

JBHuskers
06-17-2014, 12:22 AM
It's a Nintendo 3DS no matter how you slice it. Plus I'm probably not taking it anywhere much.

souljahbill
06-17-2014, 05:46 AM
I like Yoshi but that would have to be a stay at home handheld for me.

DUDE, you HAVE to download the Fire Emblem: Awakening demo. It's an AMAZING game.

JBHuskers
06-17-2014, 09:24 AM
DUDE, you HAVE to download the Fire Emblem: Awakening demo. It's an AMAZING game.

Will do! It comes Thursday. Comes with a 4GB card, I'm assuming a shit ton of games can be stored on that. I figured it was time to get a Nintendo system, and definitely wasn't interested in the WiiU. This is my first Nintendo system since SNES.

JBHuskers
06-17-2014, 09:48 AM
Actually I had a Wii for a brief time, but rarely used it.

souljahbill
06-17-2014, 09:54 AM
Will do! It comes Thursday. Comes with a 4GB card, I'm assuming a shit ton of games can be stored on that. I figured it was time to get a Nintendo system, and definitely wasn't interested in the WiiU. This is my first Nintendo system since SNES.

4GB is good. You can put a lot on 4GB. If you ever run out of space, all you gotta do is transfer folders onto a PC then onto a new card.

JBHuskers
06-17-2014, 09:56 AM
4GB is good. You can put a lot on 4GB. If you ever run out of space, all you gotta do is transfer folders onto a PC then onto a new card.

I bought a few Virtual Console games on Wii a long time ago, do those transfer?

souljahbill
06-17-2014, 10:07 AM
I bought a few Virtual Console games on Wii a long time ago, do those transfer?

Yeah......to a Wii U. LOL!

Edit: Nintendo hasn't mastered the Sony 1 account, multiple device thing yet. They JUST got the same eShop account on both systems a few months ago. Before, it was 2 different stores.

JBHuskers
06-17-2014, 10:12 AM
Yeah......to a Wii U. LOL!

Edit: Nintendo hasn't mastered the Sony 1 account, multiple device thing yet. They JUST got the same eShop account on both systems a few months ago. Before, it was 2 different stores.

Hopefully my money is still there :D I think I had $20.00 in my account when I sold my Wii.

souljahbill
06-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Hopefully my money is still there :D I think I had $20.00 in my account when I sold my Wii.

Chalk that up as an L, my dude.

JBHuskers
06-17-2014, 10:19 AM
Chalk that up as an L, my dude.

Oh well. :D

I'm definitely going to dig into the Virtual Console.

GatorfanStovy
06-19-2014, 10:03 PM
What's this virtual console?

souljahbill
06-19-2014, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE=GatorfanStovy;239449]What's this virtual console?[/QUOTE]
Old Nintendo games.

JBHuskers
06-20-2014, 08:56 AM
Got the 3DS XL set up last night. For Virtual Console, I got the original Mario Bros (not Super), Super Mario Bros. 3, Punch Out, Super Dodge Ball, Legend of Zelda.

JBHuskers
06-20-2014, 10:30 AM
As for 3DS games, I have Super Mario 3D Land (played some last night, it's FUN) and Mario Kart 7. Just bought New Super Mario Bros (reboot) DS version for $10 off eBay, Namco Collection (Pac Man, Galaga, etc) for $8, and Tetris Axis for $10 off eBay as well.

JBHuskers
06-20-2014, 03:45 PM
I've already bought enough for the 3DS, but I'm really tempted to get Animal Crossing: New Leaf after looking into it.

bdoughty
06-20-2014, 07:00 PM
You must have one amazing backlog with the amount of games you purchase. :D

steelerfan
06-20-2014, 08:02 PM
You must have one amazing backlog with the amount of games you purchase. :D

Dude has games from the middle of last gen that haven't even had the cellophane taken off.

GatorfanStovy
06-20-2014, 10:18 PM
Will Madden ever hit the portable device for the vita or 3ds?

bdoughty
06-20-2014, 10:40 PM
Will Madden ever hit the portable device for the vita or 3ds?

For? The Vita and 3DS are portable devices. Both have had a Madden game.

3DS Version (http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/madden-nfl-football-3ds/88280)
Vita had Madden 13 (http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/madden-nfl-13/98821)

The Vita is selling pretty poorly and I can't see EA doing too much there. Maybe every couple years, maybe not. The 3DS sells like hotcakes, unfortunately most sports games on Nintendo systems tend to not sell that well. unless of course Mario is involved.

souljahbill
06-21-2014, 07:37 AM
I've already bought enough for the 3DS, but I'm really tempted to get Animal Crossing: New Leaf after looking into it.

If you got into Animal Crossing, I'd be shocked. It's a slow burn. A little gameplay over a long period of time.

GatorfanStovy
06-21-2014, 02:49 PM
Just Sucks any new Madden won't hit the vita. If I ever get the vita guess I'm stuck with MLB the show or other sport games. 13 was alright 25 is just way better. I couldn't go back to 13.

GatorfanStovy
06-21-2014, 04:38 PM
playing some powerstar golf .

http://www.twitch.tv/gatorfanstovy

I OU a Beatn
06-21-2014, 06:23 PM
Just Sucks any new Madden won't hit the vita. If I ever get the vita guess I'm stuck with MLB the show or other sport games. 13 was alright 25 is just way better. I couldn't go back to 13.

As someone who has the Vita, my only advice would be to stay far away from it. 3rd party publishers are NOT going to develop for it because of it's horrific sales, and Sony's basically come out and said the same about their first party studios.

Fortunately for Sony, Yoshida explained, indies have picked up the slack: "It's very fortunate that the indie boom happened and they are providing lots of great content to Vita. I think [indies are] actually the biggest star to help provide great content to Vita going forward."

When asked if this means that Sony will be making fewer first-party Vita titles, Yoshida responded, "I would say, yes, that's correct."

Unless you're into indies, not point in ever buying a Vita, IMO.

CLW
06-21-2014, 06:27 PM
As someone who has the Vita, my only advice would be to stay far away from it. 3rd party publishers are NOT going to develop for it because of it's horrific sales, and Sony's basically come out and said the same about their first party studios.

Unless you're into indies, not point in ever buying a Vita, IMO.

Yeah I held off on it for these reasons. Basically its an indy handheld game + the ability to remote play games from your PS4 (and I'm not sure how well if at all it would work if you were on a different network from your PS4).

GatorfanStovy
06-21-2014, 07:16 PM
SO would you guys sway more towards the N 3ds? then as a portable option? I may traveling a lot more if I switch jobs and wouldn't mind a portable in the future. I'll be driving from green bay to chicago area if I switch jobs then be working on a barge jobs for 3 weeks at a time. then drive back home and have 3 weeks off.

Also how do you guys get your twitch stream show up on the live thing or is that for special people? I have my channel on there but it is not showing on the live deal.

bdoughty
06-21-2014, 07:37 PM
3DS by far. If you enjoy Powerstar Golf, they have a new Mario Golf on the 3DS that is really good from what I hear. A large library of games. The list goes on...

GatorfanStovy
06-21-2014, 07:40 PM
I'm not sure I could handle the controls but they look to have some fun games tho. I also like that the vita has MLB the show too plus its better graphically system.

JBHuskers
06-23-2014, 11:35 AM
If you got into Animal Crossing, I'd be shocked. It's a slow burn. A little gameplay over a long period of time.

It's coming Tuesday. Gonna give it a shot.

JBHuskers
06-23-2014, 02:30 PM
Dale Jr. bought Double Dribble for the NES off of eBay, and the packaging was epic :D

JBHuskers
07-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Definitely getting old...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pCp8g-VjOs

CLW
07-07-2014, 04:20 PM
The irony/hypocricy of the following is quite funny:

"Consumers love it as well, and it's good for the industry," Moore said. "You need powerful companies like Sony and Microsoft to be battling out with each other because it drives investment in their platforms. It drives competition. You want to see Nintendo come back with the Wii U. All in all, it becomes healthy for gamers, for the environment. When you have a runaway winner, that actually has a reverse effect."

http://www.ibtimes.com/ps4-vs-xbox-one-ea-weighs-which-console-will-dominate-holiday-season-1620350

Yet his company has [by design] ran out the competition in all but one of its sports titles by simply paying the most $ for exclusive licenses. Not surprisingly, EA gets its butt handed to it in the one category it doesn't have an exclusive license [NBA].

Of course, I'm sure Moore doesn't think competition is good in the sports game area just in consoles.

steelerfan
07-07-2014, 04:28 PM
EA is not exclusive in hockey (no one else makes a game anymore though) and don't forget about PES. PES is a direct competitor for FIFA.

jaymo76
07-07-2014, 09:52 PM
It's too bad though because I loved nhl2k8 and thought the game was excellent. Then they pulled the plug on Kush and moved it all to VC... the game was rebuilt and never recovered. The 2k/EA rivalry was great for gamers and it hugely forced EA to step up.

steelerfan
07-07-2014, 10:26 PM
It's too bad though because I loved nhl2k8 and thought the game was excellent. Then they pulled the plug on Kush and moved it all to VC... the game was rebuilt and never recovered. The 2k/EA rivalry was great for gamers and it hugely forced EA to step up.

I never cared for NHL2K, but I didn't play it much either.

My point was simply that CLW said that EA is exclusive in everything but NBA and that is not true.

JBHuskers
07-08-2014, 02:08 PM
I think I still have mine somewhere....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7goeomP-ug

jaymo76
07-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Ah Nintendo Power. When I got my subscription (had to save up $$$ from my allowance) I got the bundle that gave me a free copy of Dragon Warrior. Man, that was a great game for its time.

JBHuskers
07-08-2014, 06:11 PM
Yep. I got Final Fantasy and NES Tournament Open Golf for free too. For shits and giggles I searched for a torrent, and got the first 50 issues downloaded. That's all I could find.

CLW
07-12-2014, 08:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogqJx8uSGhE

JBHuskers
07-14-2014, 01:02 PM
This looks BADASS....

Axiom Verge is a retro-styled 2D "metroidvania" action-adventure coming to PS4 and PS Vita, inspired by such classics as Rygar, Contra, Bionic Commando, Blaster Master, and, of course, Metroid. But it also gives you power over glitches like those found in classic games, allowing you to scramble enemies, corrupt environments, and enter hidden areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U04mprotZU

As a big fan of all of the above in the description, this sounds amazing.

CLW
07-15-2014, 05:20 PM
34 Things About Video Games Kids Today Will Never Experience
http://www.buzzfeed.com/norbertobriceno/pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew

JBHuskers
07-16-2014, 09:09 AM
34 Things About Video Games Kids Today Will Never Experience
http://www.buzzfeed.com/norbertobriceno/pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew

Ahhhh, the memories.

skipwondah33
07-16-2014, 01:26 PM
Definitely

And I remember Ghosts N' Goblins, not the other one lol

The alcohol and Q-tip method, missed those days.

GatorfanStovy
07-17-2014, 05:30 AM
Miss the good ole days of Nes n Snes. I only had the nes until ps1 never had the n64 either until dream cast came along. Always had to go over to my cousins house to play the snes and his games. Always loved the NFL football game. i sucked for a long time at it ..

CLW
07-17-2014, 06:56 AM
https://s3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/J8qSViU.ZoyWV9qQMXc3eg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTE5NzQ7cHlvZmY9MDtxPT c1O3NtPTE7dz05NjA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_US/News/BGR_News/console-prices.jpg

How many of these have you owned? Personally:

Intellivision
NES
Genesis
SNES
PS
N64
PS2
PS3
Wii
PS4

skipwondah33
07-17-2014, 07:28 AM

Intellivision
NES
Genesis
SNES
PS
N64
PS2
PS3
Wii
PS4

Mine are

1. Atari
2. NES
3. Genesis
3b. Sega CD
4. SNES
5. Playstation
6. N64
7. Dreamcast
8. PS2
9. 360
10. PS3
11. PS4

morsdraconis
07-17-2014, 07:44 AM
Mine are

1. Atari (family owned, not mine personally)
2. Nes
3. Genesis
4. PS1
5. PS2
6. Xbox 360
7. PS3

gschwendt
07-17-2014, 08:19 AM
1. Atari 2600
2. Atari 7800
3. Nintendo
4. Super Nintendo
5. PS1
6. PS2
7. PS3
8. PS4

gschwendt
07-17-2014, 08:32 AM
Relevant

http://i.imgur.com/pgrYxoc.jpg

psuexv
07-17-2014, 08:40 AM
1. Atari 2600
2. NES
3. Genesis
4. N64
5. Xbox
6. PS3

JBHuskers
07-17-2014, 09:18 AM

Intellivision
NES
Genesis
SNES
PS
N64
PS2
PS3
Wii
PS4

NES
SNES
PS1
PS2
PS3
XBOX 360
PS4
XBOX One

souljahbill
07-17-2014, 09:25 AM
I can do this off the top of my head:

(List includes system shared between me and my brothers)

1) Atari 2600
2) SEGA Master System
3) NES
4) SEGA Genesis
5) Turbografix-16
6) Nintendo 64
7) PS1
8) Nintendo Gamecube
9) PS2
10) Nintendo Wii
11) PS3
12) Xbox 360
13) Wii U

Also add

1) SEGA Game Gear
2) Gameboy Color
3) Gameboy Advance
4) Nintendo DS
5) Nintendo 3DS

JBHuskers
07-17-2014, 09:29 AM
Yeah I had the original Game Boy, a Game Boy Advance, a PSP, a Vita, and 3DS.

It's funny how no one here had one of those expensive 3DO's. Who thought that was a great idea selling that for $700?

JBHuskers
07-17-2014, 09:31 AM
The 3DO sold 2M units :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3DO_Interactive_Multiplayer

skipwondah33
07-17-2014, 09:55 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3DO_Interactive_MultiplayerHaha I didn't even think of getting that when I was younger.

Fogot about the handhelds

GameBoy
Game Gear
Nintendo DS
PSP

And the greatest of all

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tiger/Tiger-BoJacksonFootballBaseball.jpg

souljahbill
07-17-2014, 10:13 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3DO_Interactive_Multiplayer

I always wanted a Neo Geo

JBHuskers
07-17-2014, 11:24 AM
I always wanted a Neo Geo

My best friend in grade school, his mom owned a Godfather's in Nebraska City, and there was a Neo Geo arcade machine with four games. I loved Art of Fighting and Samuari Showdown.

AustinWolv
07-17-2014, 03:20 PM
And the greatest of all
Oh hell no, this one was awesome:
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/d9/38/12/d93812b3dd4d8a826790741b852aea6f.jpg

As for which systems I owned:
1. NES
2. Genesis
3. PS1
4. PS2
5. XBox
6. Xbox 360
7. XB1

bdoughty
07-17-2014, 06:06 PM
The original is still the king.

http://i.imgur.com/cVJ9qBy.jpg

Runner up...

http://i.imgur.com/QNCQi4v.jpg

CLW
07-17-2014, 06:56 PM
Is it bad that I had EVERYONE of those silly hand held games. Noone (in my dad's family) knew what to get me as a kid for christmas so they just bought me those things every year.

bdoughty
07-18-2014, 09:27 AM
Is it bad that I had EVERYONE of those silly hand held games. Noone (in my dad's family) knew what to get me as a kid for christmas so they just bought me those things every year.

It beats coal in your stockings.

JBHuskers
07-18-2014, 10:53 AM
I had the basketball one and the rings one for those water games.

bdoughty
07-19-2014, 01:58 AM
Got me searching for all my old games and I have to officially replace my #1 with a game I had forgotten. 1977 and I used to play this on every road trip we took, until the launcher finally gave out.

http://i.imgur.com/y95ZkhR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ctskaoW.jpg

souljahbill
07-19-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm sure some of y'all have seen this before but I haven't until 10 minutes ago. It took me 10 minutes to read because I was literally crying and holding my stomach from laughing so hard. I couldn't even breathe for a second. Shit, this letter to the Madden team is funny

Click me (http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Board/44/Contents/Ethan-Albrights-letter-to-John-Madden-strong-language-10792279)

bdoughty
07-19-2014, 06:17 PM
I'm sure some of y'all have seen this before but I haven't until 10 minutes ago. It took me 10 minutes to read because I was literally crying and holding my stomach from laughing so hard. I couldn't even breathe for a second. Shit, this letter to the Madden team is funny

Click me (http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Board/44/Contents/Ethan-Albrights-letter-to-John-Madden-strong-language-10792279)

I read it when it first came out and it still brings a smile to my face. Talking about the pass coverage ratings was classic. The irony is that he actually made it to the Pro Bowl that year as a long snapper.

bdoughty
07-19-2014, 06:30 PM
The next time the Madden developers think they have it rough and get tired of the constant complaining from fans. Post this on the fridge at Tiburon and be glad you do not cater exclusively to females.

Link is NSFW for language.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858169

SmoothPancakes
07-19-2014, 10:57 PM
The next time the Madden developers think they have it rough and get tired of the constant complaining from fans. Post this on the fridge at Tiburon and be glad you do not cater exclusively to females.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858169

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ. It's fucking stupidity like that that makes me wish the nukes had flown during the Cold War. This world has gone full retard and it's time to hit erase and start over. :fp:

steelerfan
07-19-2014, 11:14 PM
Jesus Tittyfucking Christ. It's fucking stupidity like that that makes me wish the nukes had flown during the Cold War. This world has gone full retard and it's time to hit erase and start over. :fp:

Replace Kim's name in those tweets with Ben Haumiller and replace "Photoshoot", "Party", "Date", etc. with NCAA Football game modes and you pretty much have the same shit I've read retards post over the years about the NCAA franchise.

Same piss and moan moronic entitlement that comes with fans of sports games, just with more estrogen.

JBHuskers
07-21-2014, 01:57 PM
Happy 50th birthday to Ryu today!

CLW
07-22-2014, 04:31 PM
EA Has a Good Plan To Make Their Games Better (http://kotaku.com/ea-has-a-good-plan-to-make-their-games-better-1592593243)
http://kotaku.com/ea-has-a-good-plan-to-make-their-games-better-1592593243

JeffHCross
07-24-2014, 02:37 PM

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858169My girlfriend plays this game all the time, lol.