PDA

View Full Version : Random Video Game Talk

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

bdoughty
10-31-2016, 05:45 AM
It's a little more involved than you described (shocker) but again, a 2011 game should run at 60fps on a next gen console. Many remasters are half ass money-grabs that you can't see any difference (Dishonored for example) but there are exceptions to the rule (Borderlands Collection and The Last of Us).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6EjcESYIXk

bdoughty
10-31-2016, 03:58 PM
Really good documentary by Danny O'Dwyer.

The Story of Rocket League (Part 1) - How To Build a Rocket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om0j9SLBDPQ

jaymo76
10-31-2016, 07:01 PM
You've already got ten hours in Jaymo? Wow. I haven't been wandering aimlessly enough. I had no idea you could adopt orphans. Have you killed that first dragon?

Edit: I have now killed two dragons. I did meet that girl I could have adopted but I had no home. I'm venturing north right now. I've seen a giant who promptly killed me. I just got killed by an ice troll.

I will say I think the Skyrim world is more realistic than DAI as actual towns and people are living in it. It feels more organic with the NPCs and exploration.

Yeah, the wife was at work and the kids were off doing their thing... I played for about 5 hours straight. I killed my first dragon by myself. Currently I am getting destroyed in the Companions quest. Farkas sucks!

bdoughty
11-01-2016, 04:47 PM
This took some time. :D

http://i.imgur.com/64F4vRP.gif

bdoughty
11-01-2016, 06:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb_NBiJ0ilk

SmoothPancakes
11-01-2016, 07:36 PM
:D

God, it's so scarily accurate. Bravo to whoever put in the work on that gif.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bdoughty
11-03-2016, 06:12 AM
Just started Skyrim and I have already rin into a really big glitch. They do not offer a safe zone for the HUD in the options and it is stretching outside the screen, making certain things unreadable. Hopefully a patch is in the work. Far from wowed by the graphical upgrade but it runs pretty smooth for 30fps and there are already some interesting mods I plan to try as soon as I beat the game vanilla the first time.

Rudy
11-03-2016, 09:03 PM
Skyrim framerate is fine with me. Better than Tomb Raider remaster for sure. But graphics do look like a PS3 port.

I like the day /night cycles in the game. I haven't done anything with magic really as my two handed warrior.

bdoughty
11-03-2016, 09:13 PM
Skyrim framerate is fine with me. Better than Tomb Raider remaster for sure. But graphics do look like a PS3 port.

I like the day /night cycles in the game. I haven't done anything with magic really as my two handed warrior.

Play with favorites. This enables the use of the d-pad and stops time as you switch between weapons, magic or use items that are favorited (potions, etc). Doing so will allow you to quickly use your magic, even if it is something as simple as a regeneration spell and then quickly back to a two-hand sword. Also a quick way to switch between using the sword to a bow or a shield/sword shield/magic combo. Be sure and level up magic every so often, you will find it useful down the road.

Rudy
11-04-2016, 03:39 AM
I've seen the favourites thing but haven't used it yet. Lots of things I'm still fairly clueless about. The ice trolls have killed me pretty easy when I've encountered them. May have to try fire magic.

I've killed quite a few Mage bandits and have their expensive robes. Need to find a place to sell them for money. I haven't really used the forge or created anything yet either.

Rudy
11-05-2016, 04:40 AM
The soundtrack in Skyrim is really good, the world huge but it's stunning how few voice actors there are. One guy is the voice for half the people and talks the same way. It's odd and noticeable.

bdoughty
11-05-2016, 05:54 AM
There are redundancies in the voice acting but they did use over 70 voice actors (http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Voice_Cast_(Skyrim)), so it is not like they were skimping in this area.

Soundtrack is great but there are some really awesome covers out there.

My favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z9TdDCWN7g

The rest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDE2VQzghp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL5K09mqwZc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSLPH9d-jsI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7P5od6hHNg

jaymo76
11-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Just started Skyrim and I have already rin into a really big glitch. They do not offer a safe zone for the HUD in the options and it is stretching outside the screen, making certain things unreadable. Hopefully a patch is in the work. Far from wowed by the graphical upgrade but it runs pretty smooth for 30fps and there are already some interesting mods I plan to try as soon as I beat the game vanilla the first time.

Thank goodness. I thought it was my settings. Yes, the screen is stretched to far. I cannot see how many lock picks I have left, etc.

jaymo76
11-05-2016, 03:43 PM
I've seen the favourites thing but haven't used it yet. Lots of things I'm still fairly clueless about. The ice trolls have killed me pretty easy when I've encountered them. May have to try fire magic.

I've killed quite a few Mage bandits and have their expensive robes. Need to find a place to sell them for money. I haven't really used the forge or created anything yet either.

I have a 44 dwarven axe with 42 iron armour. I also travel with a companion (Erandmour... or something like that... he's a mage). Companions are huge but honestly, the biggest thing is having the dragon command or run as it has saved me from a few bad situations.

My one complaint for the game... the visuals outside are beautiful so why is most of the game underground where the lighting is terrible?

bdoughty
11-05-2016, 04:07 PM
Thank goodness. I thought it was my settings. Yes, the screen is stretched to far. I cannot see how many lock picks I have left, etc.

I fixed the problem. Go into your TV settings and select, "Fit to Screen." Hopefully you have that option or something similar.

SmoothPancakes
11-05-2016, 05:58 PM
Well, I'm set for gaming through the end of the year.

Target had a buy two, get one free through the website through the end of today. So I bought Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1 and Metal Gear Solid 5 Definitive Edition all for PS4.

Add in the soon to be preordered Watch Dogs 2 and maybe Call of Duty if I ever hop off the fence (apparently it's getting praise from those at OS and elsewhere online now that it's actually been played, with the campaign getting a lot of praise heaped on it, plus with being able to play COD4), and maybe Final Fantasy 15 at the end of the month, I will pretty much be set until Spring for games.

Rudy
11-06-2016, 04:12 AM
I fixed the problem. Go into your TV settings and select, "Fit to Screen." Hopefully you have that option or something similar.

I will have to try that since my screen is stretched too. Sloppy on their part if we are all seeing the same thing.

bdoughty
11-06-2016, 04:23 PM
For anyone playing on the XB1, forget about your gamerscore/achievements and try playing with Vivid weathers mod (https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/3014547). At the very least see what you are missing as Vivid is great in Fallout but spectacular in Skyrim. Save a game at night. Go to mods and install Vivid weathers. Continue game, it will make a new mod save and you will still have the unmodded save. Look at the sky, enjoy! Also the storms and cloudy skies are a ton better.

Plenty of really good mods out there for Xbox One, if you want some really good ones that won't break your game let me know.

Rudy
11-07-2016, 05:01 AM
I've only played 11-12 hours so far but combat is not a strength or focus of this game. The massive world along with exploration and finding caves or hideouts seems to be the true focus. The story and quests feel like just a reason to move through this massive world. It's interesting but I'm not hooked yet. It's simply OK imo.

Just curious as to the main reason people enjoy Skyrim here? B, Jaymo? I know Mors grew tired of it.

bdoughty
11-07-2016, 05:30 AM
I love the Bethesda games, faults and all. Others do not. Are you messing around with the smithing, enchanting, alchemy, etc? If not then you are missing a really big part of the game. If you are just doing missions and running with a greatsword, I can see that getting boring pretty quick.

Rudy
11-07-2016, 05:53 AM
I love the Bethesda games, faults and all. Others do not. Are you messing around with the smithing, enchanting, alchemy, etc? If not then you are missing a really big part of the game. If you are just doing missions and running with a greatsword, I can see that getting boring pretty quick.

That's exactly what I have been doing lol. I haven't had all the materials yet to craft anything I don't think. I'm level 8 with a 34 battle axe. I am still clueless about enchanting and alchemy. I just realized I can restore health with magic. I did map fire and ice magic in favourites but they haven't helped me beat the ice troll who always kills me on the way to the grey beards. I may be strong enough now but will wait a little longer to take him on again. Tried starting with arrows, then use fire and then my axe but he lays a beating on me.

bdoughty
11-07-2016, 06:22 AM
You have to level up magic for it to be useful. Like anything in Skyrim it takes time. Do you even have your shout equipped? You can use that against an enemy. If you are Nord you have Battle Cry that will make it flee for 30 seconds. Other races have similar boosts. Crafting is really easy. Even if you don't have the materials the blacksmith sure does. You can improve the weapon and armor with some leather/strips and iron/steel ingots. Did you even talk to the blacksmith in Riverwood? It gives you a tutorial of sorts on how to smith and improve both armor and weapons.

Alchemy is easy and saves you money by not having to purchase potions. Did you go into the Inn at Riverwood? The guy behind the counter tells you the first recipe and has the ingredients for sale to make it. If you take the time to collect all those little flowers and shrooms, etc. You can play around with them and figure out potions or you can find an alchemist or other vendors that sell an ingredient list for a potion.

Enchanting is a little tough at first as you have to disenchant a bunch of those special armors and weapons and then figure out how soul gems work in regard to enchanting. Plus weapons require recharging, etc. The mentality is not to just use a weapon you found in a chest that has special attributes but to capture those attributes so that they can be used with whatever weapon/armor you choose to make. Level Enchanting up to 100 and you can put two different enchantments on each weapon/armor. It can make you pretty bad ass. There are certain smithing enchantments that you can add to some armor pieces and jewelry that you can wear "while enchanting/creating new items" to improve stuff even more. Of course you should always consider drinking a potion of enchanting and smithing (forget what it is called exactly) but it will make all those things even more powerful.

I think you are trying to run through the game when that is not really the point of having this open world with tons of things to do. You seem to be skipping all the things to do and getting agitated at the game for progressing to fast and getting thy buttock kicked by an Ice Troll.

Rudy
11-07-2016, 07:05 AM
I have my shout after I killed my first dragon but I don't think I have it set to make people run away. Maybe I should try that against the Ice Troll. I can't remember if I talked to the Blacksmith. Probably not. I've created a couple potions myself and have 2 recipes I think but I was just guessing when mixing some things together. I tried enchanting once but I didn't have the ingredients to upgrade my stuff.

You misunderstand me. I'm not agitated by losing to the Ice Troll. Getting beat while under levelled hasn't really bothered me in any game. I'm just trying to figure out the point of this game. Combat is not that good. The controls and movement are clunky. Exploration in this world is pretty good. I don't mind wandering around, unlocking new places and finding caves and things. That seems to be the entire point of the game so far to me. There isn't much emphasis on the main story. I'm not sure I want to talk to every single person in a town either (especially if one voice actor with the bad European accent is 1/3 of the people I run into). I found some of those tedious type of things in DAI annoyed me as well.

The truth is combat matters quite a bit to me in any game. I'm not a true RPG fan but I like this genre. I read a ton of fantasy books so I'm always hoping a game can bring some of the good stuff of books into this environment. This game probably isn't for me. I'm going to keep playing for awhile as I'd like to get closer to 20 hours in before I decide whether to move on or not. This is more of a reflection upon my personal gaming tastes and habits.

morsdraconis
11-07-2016, 07:26 AM
I've only played 11-12 hours so far but combat is not a strength or focus of this game. The massive world along with exploration and finding caves or hideouts seems to be the true focus. The story and quests feel like just a reason to move through this massive world. It's interesting but I'm not hooked yet. It's simply OK imo.

Just curious as to the main reason people enjoy Skyrim here? B, Jaymo? I know Mors grew tired of it.

I grew tired of it because I've grown tired of open world games in general. There's only so much aimless wondering that you can do in a world before you look at the quests you have and go, "Is this story REALLY where you're going with this?". Bethesda has proven they really can't write a good story that isn't just the normal cliche crap.

I understand that people love the world and super get into it (I have a friend that's easily put one thousand hours into it, but it's also because he mods stuff so there's that as well), but it's just never been for me. I've grown to the point where I need direction or something. I LOVE RPGs. I mean, LOVE LOVE LOVE them. But that's because I care about the characters and/or the story that's happening around me. When you have a fully fleshed out world to go with it, that's a HUGE plus, but the world isn't going to be something that can carry things by itself. I need more than just a good world (and, honestly, Skyrim isn't even that good of a fleshed out world).

Rudy
11-07-2016, 07:40 AM
I totally agree that certain gaming formats get old. I loved GTA III and put a ton of hours into it. Then when San Andreas came out (or is that the one I played?) I didn't even complete 10% of the game before getting bored. Black Flag was my first AC game and I had a blast. My son has AC Syndicate and I pumped at least 5 hours into it before sort of deciding on playing something else. I've grown tired of Madden. Things change. Maybe I'm just getting old. I've read a lot more (just discovered I've read 24 books this year for a personal record) and find video games aren't holding my interest as much.

I think my most anticipated game is actually For Honor. I really enjoyed the alpha and playing online. That and being a pilot in SW Battlefront area about the only games I've ever really played online.

morsdraconis
11-07-2016, 07:51 AM
I totally agree that certain gaming formats get old. I loved GTA III and put a ton of hours into it. Then when San Andreas came out (or is that the one I played?) I didn't even complete 10% of the game before getting bored. Black Flag was my first AC game and I had a blast. My son has AC Syndicate and I pumped at least 5 hours into it before sort of deciding on playing something else. I've grown tired of Madden. Things change. Maybe I'm just getting old. I've read a lot more (just discovered I've read 24 books this year for a personal record) and find video games aren't holding my interest as much.

I think my most anticipated game is actually For Honor. I really enjoyed the alpha and playing online. That and being a pilot in SW Battlefront area about the only games I've ever really played online. I'm excited for For Honor as well. That'll probably be a game that I give a few months to see how the response is and then grab for $40 or so. I'm interested in Battlefield 1, but not to the point where I'm going to run out and buy it. Dark Souls 3 was the last game I really poured a lot of time into, but, even then, it was only like 30 hours total or so. I beat the game and bought and beat the DLC. I'll gladly buy the next DLC when it comes out, but it's not something that I'm going to put more time into before that.

I do have the new Tomb Raider game coming in the mail and my best friend has been playing the crap out of it so I'm excited to play it, but it does seem a bit too open world for me and I'm probably going to have a hard time playing it consistently.

Before buying Madden a while back, I hadn't touched a sports game in ages, and it didn't last long. It was, once again, a giant disappointment to me. Felt like the exact same game from like 5 years ago, just prettier with a few more options. Still played the same. Still had the same issues. Was sad to see.

I've personally gotten into retro gaming more than playing new stuff. Need to fire up my PS3 again and play more Tales of Symphonia Chronicles instead of playing stuff I don't much care about right now (too much League of Legends again, sadly, because I'm a stupid addict).

Rudy
11-07-2016, 08:10 AM
I was basically choosing between Skyrim and Tomb Raider about which game I would get. I definitely want to play the new Tomb Raider game and I should probably do it before Horizon Zero Dawn at the end of February since they will be similar imo (slightly open world, Uncharted type of game) with some RPG elements.

morsdraconis
11-07-2016, 08:28 AM
I was basically choosing between Skyrim and Tomb Raider about which game I would get. I definitely want to play the new Tomb Raider game and I should probably do it before Horizon Zero Dawn at the end of February since they will be similar imo (slightly open world, Uncharted type of game) with some RPG elements.

I'm excited as shit for Horizon Zero Dawn. That'll probably be a day one purchase for me, unless it tanks in reviews, which I really hope isn't the case. That game is the type of open world stuff I can get behind because it has the overarching story and has a world where there are more questions than answers.

I was tempted on the Skyrim Remastered, but seeing the videos I saw, I realized it was just a texture (and really only slightly upgraded) and lighting upgrade for it and that was it. I mean, for people like yourself that haven't played it on PC, it's great, especially if you've never played a Bethesda game before, but for anyone that's played a few of them, especially on PC, it's not worth it.

JBHuskers
11-07-2016, 12:37 PM
Yeah Skyrim I'm going to wait for it to be cheap and replay it again or ask for it for Christmas.

Rudy
11-09-2016, 06:57 PM
I think this Dwarves game seems pretty cool. Barely heard anything about it. It's an Indy title that seems a bit like Diablo but half price.

https://youtu.be/-faFpuirBac

jaymo76
11-10-2016, 06:54 PM

For me... I love open world exploration. Travelling to a place I have never been is great. I'm not really into the fighting. Given the choice I would explore 10x out of 10. In games like GTA, Watchdogs, Fallout, I explore the entire map often before I do most of the missions.

jaymo76
11-10-2016, 06:55 PM
For anyone playing on the XB1, forget about your gamerscore/achievements and try playing with Vivid weathers mod (https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/3014547). At the very least see what you are missing as Vivid is great in Fallout but spectacular in Skyrim. Save a game at night. Go to mods and install Vivid weathers. Continue game, it will make a new mod save and you will still have the unmodded save. Look at the sky, enjoy! Also the storms and cloudy skies are a ton better.

Plenty of really good mods out there for Xbox One, if you want some really good ones that won't break your game let me know.

Alright, I'll bite... top 5 mods that you believe enhance the game without making it crash???

bdoughty
11-11-2016, 02:14 AM
Alright, I'll bite... top 5 mods that you believe enhance the game without making it crash???

Top 5, it really depends on how you want to play the game.

Vivid Weather (Obviously my favorite, I put it at the bottom just above the Skyrim Graphic Overhaul) (https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/3014547)

Unofficial Skyrim Patch (has to be at the top of the load order) (https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/2947804)

Skyrim Graphic Overhaul (Must be at the bottom of the load order) (https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/3025337)

Lamp Posts of Skyrim (tons of them across the roads of Skyrim, any load order) (https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/2957698)

Relationship Dialog Enhancement (a bunch of new lines for companions, friends, lovers, etc, any load order) (https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/2965163)

5 more that still wont make your game crash

Adorable females (they look a little better, any load order but it must be above the Natural eyes) (https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/3011451)

Natural Eyes (quite a difference here, any load order but best if it is places below Adorable females) (https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/3011240)

Better loot (More coins and enchanted items to be found, any load order) (https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/3030811)

Rich Merchants of Skyrim (those poor bastards never have enough money, they have 10,000 coins now, any load order) (https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/2957698)

50 percent more perk points (gotta have more perk points and is not really a cheat per say, any load order) (https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/3000700)

There is a ton of Witcher 3 stuff being made.

Here is one you might like. (any load order) (https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/3022302)

and this one (any load order) (https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/3031614)

--------------------

Campfire (https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/2941311) and Frostfall (https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/2952001) look cool but I have yet to try them.

I have toyed with The Forgotton City (any load order) (https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/2950588) which is an entirely new quest line and will add 5-10 more hours of gameplay in a new area. Did not crash but you still have a ton to do before going to new places made by fans.

Same goes for Falskaar (I hear it automatically loads at the top ahead of the Unofficial Skyrim patch) (https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/3010532) but have yet to play it. Completely new landscape and they claim 20-30 new hours.

I can't play Fallout or Skyrim or Fallout 4 without my mods. Fallout 4 in the snow is a joy (still no snow for Nuka World). Vivid Weather for Skyrim makes a huge graphical jump in regards to the weather and clouds). Also with Vivid Weather you have control of indoor/outdoor darkness, Saturation and Bloom.

bdoughty
11-14-2016, 07:11 AM
This PC mod just made it's way to the Xbox One (https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-detail/3096559). Looks really interesting. Roughly a 6 hour quest, Big Castle with two large dungeons and you can live there, after you figure out how to escape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9vv9qPAhgM

bdoughty
11-15-2016, 05:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXJFbsQBvLw

jaymo76
11-17-2016, 07:40 PM
So what was in the patch that arrived yesterday (for Skyrim?)

bdoughty
11-17-2016, 10:39 PM
So what was in the patch that arrived yesterday (for Skyrim?)

https://bethesda.net/en/devnote/6GthjNrJh6CIMwEQe0ssAS/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-special-edition-1-2-update

jaymo76
11-20-2016, 04:18 PM
Just joined the Stormcloaks and had to battle in Whiterun. It was a great battle. One thing that is annoying me a little... too many dragons. It was rare early in the game. I have now fought 12 dragons!!!

bdoughty
11-20-2016, 05:19 PM
Gotta beat all those dragons to unlock all those shouts you find. I am assuming you are unlocking the shouts? Also dragons are a big part of the game, seeing that you are the Dragonborn.

morsdraconis
11-20-2016, 06:07 PM
Gotta beat all those dragons to unlock all those shouts you find. I am assuming you are unlocking the shouts? Also dragons are a big part of the game, seeing that you are the Dragonborn.

The dragons are the worst part of that game... They are just so boring after like the 4th fight with one that's the exact same thing. They're cool the first couple of times, but after that, it's just a hassle. The game is actually better if you avoid fighting the dragon at the watchtower in the beginning and just go about your own way, and that's a really sad thing.

Rudy
11-21-2016, 07:34 PM
This Final Fantasy trailer looked interesting. I like the party based, real time combat. Reminds me of DAI but it also has counters. I find the merger of a fantasy world and modern/sci fi things odd though. We have swords and magic but also guns, cars and ships. I've never liked that idea in fantasy books.

https://shar.es/18n6v2

JBHuskers
11-22-2016, 04:05 PM
This is different for a collector's edition item...

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/oqKgjpWOMbMeZttRJ6SozEI7tEg=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7511959/re7_ce.jpg

JBHuskers
01-04-2017, 01:52 PM
The Sonic Mania game coming out later this year looks interesting, so does the $70 collectors edition.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/914kCgUAD8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

jaymo76
01-13-2017, 11:24 PM
The Sonic Mania game coming out later this year looks interesting, so does the $70 collectors edition.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/914kCgUAD8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I know a lot of people liked it but I never found Sonic interesting or compelling. However, I do appreciate the historical sentiment.

cdj
01-15-2017, 09:51 PM
I know a lot of people liked it but I never found Sonic interesting or compelling. However, I do appreciate the historical sentiment.

I'm of the same mindset. I was never any good at Sonic and couldn't get into it, though I understand the appeal and those that did.

Rudy
01-16-2017, 04:11 AM
The Sonic concept always seemed better than how fun it actually was. It was supposed to compete with Mario I think but Mario was definitely better.

morsdraconis
01-16-2017, 05:13 AM
Sonic 1 and 2 were GREAT on the Genesis. After that, I haven't liked a single Sonic game...

Rudy
01-18-2017, 05:12 AM
Ghost Recon looks pretty cool. Not sure if this is for me but I would think fans of the Division and RB6 would like it.

https://youtu.be/lynE_QYFmgg

JBHuskers
01-18-2017, 04:11 PM
If you like to chill with a fun timekiller, get Stardew Valley for PS4. It's kinda like Farmville and Minecraft combined. Lots of fun.

SmoothPancakes
01-20-2017, 03:13 PM
Ghost Recon looks pretty cool. Not sure if this is for me but I would think fans of the Division and RB6 would like it.

https://youtu.be/lynE_QYFmgg
I'm looking forward to it. I've always liked the Ghost Recon games, plus with this one supposing to be wide open with the ability to pick and choose what order you do things and not a hard structured mission order like BF or COD, as well as the individual missions themselves not having a specific order about them, but rather multiple different ways you can approach and attack the missions.

I haven't decided if I'm gonna get it day one or not, that'll depend on what more I see between now and release, but I'll definitely be getting it at some point.

Rudy
01-20-2017, 06:07 PM
I've got Ghost Recon preordered at $50 ($30 off over here). Four games in February and March I'm getting either for me and/or the kids. For Honor beta next weekend. Hopefully I get a code. I will share extras if I get them.

SmoothPancakes
01-20-2017, 08:42 PM
Yeah, I got an email to register for the beta, hoping I see a code pop up in my email.

cdj
01-26-2017, 08:28 AM
Unsure if related, but both Marvel & Square Enix have announcements coming today.

UPDATE - 824633005842984962

Rudy
01-26-2017, 09:18 AM
What kind of game will that be? I'd love see another Marvel Ultimate Alliance game. Couch co-op would be great.

bdoughty
01-26-2017, 06:23 PM
Sony now adding games to the PS4 that could not even get on Steam.

$14.99 and all this can be yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRN1b60dBus&feature=youtu.be

Bonus game. Free Android game that Sony sells for $9.99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD8IdhhQyaQ

souljahbill
01-29-2017, 12:00 AM
Yet Sony won't allow me to pay for EA Access.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bdoughty
01-29-2017, 08:26 AM

As they stated, it did not offer a good enough value for you the consumer. The same company that offers PS Now in place of backwards compatibility. :dunno:

souljahbill
01-29-2017, 08:31 AM
As they stated, it did not offer a good enough value for you the consumer. The same company that offers PS Now in place of backwards compatibility. :dunno:

For JB, it might not be a good value but I'd happily pay the $30 a year. I've even seen New Egg sell cards for $20-$25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdoughty
01-29-2017, 08:56 AM
For JB, it might not be a good value but I'd happily pay the $30 a year. I've even seen New Egg sell cards for $20-$25.

JB is obviously the exception, not the rule. The $30 is going to pay for itself in no time. Allows you to play full versions games you would never buy. Discounts when buying direct from EA for digital download. This is a biggie because digital downloads of retail CONSOLE games see far fewer discounts at launch versus discs.

I keep forgetting to download the new Mirrors Edge which is in the vault. Might even try Battlefront and just ignore all the Star Wars junk.

Rudy
01-29-2017, 12:08 PM
Just the free previews of games alone is nice.

JBHuskers
01-29-2017, 03:05 PM

My last 2 cards have been from Newegg for $24.

jaymo76
01-29-2017, 06:04 PM
CPU people out there... anyone have any experience with the Nvidia GTX 960 Graphics Card? I have a Dell XPS 8500 and the system is great but it's 4 years old now and the graphics card is holding back the system (Radeon 7570HD). I read in a few forums that the GTX 960 will work as the biggest issue with Dell's is the power supply. Currently the system has a 460 watt supply. Any thoughts? I am willing to pay a $200-300 price tag as that's a heck of a lot cheaper than a new cpu. Any thoughts? Or any other recommended cards to get me through a couple more years?

gschwendt
01-29-2017, 07:20 PM
I have a GTX 960. Like you did though, your power supply will definitely hold you back. I would recommend at least 600 watt to be safe.

You cab run your system through a power supply calculator (http://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/) and it will tell you how many watts you need to be sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
01-29-2017, 08:15 PM

And this us exactly why, evem though I plan on focusing almost exclusively on PS4 when buying new games this year, I will not even consider for a second ever selling or trading in my One, because of EA Access.

cdj
01-30-2017, 12:16 PM
What kind of game will that be? I'd love see another Marvel Ultimate Alliance game. Couch co-op would be great.

Not sure, but Square Enix has put the Deus Ex franchise on hold (cancelled?) in order to focus on these Marvel games.

Rudy
01-30-2017, 12:51 PM
I just saw that. This is some sort of multi-year and game deal.

I have to think a MUA type of game will be in the works. At the same time, I wonder how the new Spiderman game will be. Looks pretty.

jaymo76
01-30-2017, 08:00 PM
I have a GTX 960. Like you did though, your power supply will definitely hold you back. I would recommend at least 600 watt to be safe.

You cab run your system through a power supply calculator (http://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/) and it will tell you how many watts you need to be sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thanks!

bdoughty
02-01-2017, 08:45 PM
$15.00 on Steam and now on the PS4 Store at the low price of $30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFduGjmw9ew

bdoughty
02-05-2017, 08:04 AM
Fallout Shelter coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One on the 7th (https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/03/fallout-shelter-arrives-on-windows-10-and-xbox-one-next-week/). Will offer play anywhere between the two.

Rudy
02-09-2017, 06:10 AM
Another RPG called GreedFall is coming out. 17th century with fantasy mix. Hard to say exactly what this is about but the trailer looked cool.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/09/greedfall-is-a-fantasy-rpg-with-combat-diplomacy-and-deception/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO9Q1djwCkk

cdj
02-09-2017, 09:32 AM
There are Pokemon Go turf wars going on in Omaha (http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/omaha-man-accused-of-trying-to-start-pok-mon-go/article_2d217c0a-c5ce-53fe-9484-2b864d8bebf5.html). :fp:

bdoughty
02-09-2017, 05:13 PM
There are Pokemon Go turf wars going on in Omaha (http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/omaha-man-accused-of-trying-to-start-pok-mon-go/article_2d217c0a-c5ce-53fe-9484-2b864d8bebf5.html). :fp:

Both Pokémon aficionados are “higher level” players, the 41-year-old told police.

Someone needs their ass kicked for that quote alone.

bdoughty
02-09-2017, 05:25 PM
Quick hits...

Call of Duty 2017 going back to it's roots (No more fighting in space) (http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/09/call-of-duty-2017-will-take-franchise-aback-to-its-rootsa)

Destiny 2 still on track for 2017 (http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/09/destiny-sequel-still-on-track-for-2017?abthid=589cf0d21b5c0a8c05000019)

South Park game delayed again (http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/09/south-park-the-fractured-but-whole-delayed-again-by-ubisoft)

SmoothPancakes
02-09-2017, 06:32 PM
Yeah, sad to hear South Park was delayed yet again, but it does help out with spending over the next two months. I was looking at a very expensive couple months here, with Sniper Elite 4, Halo Wars 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, MLB The Show 17 and Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition all releasing between February 14th and April 7th.

I'm already considering waiting on Halo Wars 2 for a couple months just to spread out the cost, so also having South Park moved back in the year helps as well as it's one less $60 purchase I'll have in the coming weeks.

As for Call of Duty, I really hope they go back to World War II or something like the Korean or Vietnam Wars. Hell, I could even accept something from the period of the Gulf War, go storming into Baghdad on tanks or something. Battlefield already has World War I covered and I don't see a chance in hell Call of Duty could possibly Battlefield 1 in a WWI time period game.

Something like a civil war era game that occasionally pops up in future COD game discussions I don't see working. I doubt anyone but the hardest of the hard core would enjoy a game where you have to sit there reloading a musket after every shot (though I would probably enjoy it because I'm a civil war history nut). Clearly they recognize that people aren't feeling the space setting and even getting tired of the future settings. If they want to truly get back to their roots, then their only options are World War II, Korea, Vietnam or, at the very most recent tolerable, Gulf War settings.

Now, in regards to recent, current or future warfare, one thing I do hope to see is a remastered Modern Warfare 2. Modern Warfare is as fun as I remembered it, but please, dead god, give me Modern Warfare 2! That game owned my life the entirety of late 2009 through 2010.

MW2 was the last Call of Duty game that I actually played on a regular basis, multiple nights a week, every single week, the entire year until the next Call of Duty the following November. Ever since MW2, while I have played and even enjoyed some of the Call of Duties since, I by and large have given up on multiplayer on them by spring and just play private matches every now and then when I get an occasional FPS itch the remainder of the year. MW2 was FUN. I enjoyed the hell out of that game, I played the hell out of that game. I honestly don't remember hating a single map on that game, I enjoyed playing on all of the maps, which I can't say the same for any COD since, as I usually hate at least 3 or 4 maps in each game.

So I hope to god we're gonna hear of a MW2 Remastered over the next year or two. Hell, those bastards can't remaster COD4 and completely ignore MW2, which is an extremely close 2nd behind COD4 as being among the best of the COD games.

bdoughty
02-14-2017, 06:41 PM
I will be getting a Nintendo Switch down the line because the new Zelda is going to be flat out amazing. That said, Nintendo revealed it's season pass for $20 and it has caused a bit of a stink. (https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2017/February/Nintendo-prepares-downloadable-content-for-The-Legend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-1191606.html) I am not complaining about more content for a game that is filled with tons of it. What pisses me off is that you have to buy the season pass to unlock "Hard" mode. Game difficulty should never be hidden behind a paywall, EVER! Unlocking difficulties by beating a game on normal mode, etc is fine. This is not.

Crap move Nintendo.

bdoughty
02-14-2017, 06:58 PM
The FIFA series has been known for some of the craziest player glitches known to man, especially the man on man action (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497352) but I think this one might be the best. The clapping at the end was the icing on the cake.

http://i.imgur.com/nh7x9zB.gif

bdoughty
02-28-2017, 12:21 AM
Peter Moore leaves EA for his dream job at Liverpool.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/255263-peter-moore-to-be-appointed-lfc-s-chief-executive-officer

bdoughty
02-28-2017, 02:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/r7Qb71c.jpg

The Xbox Games with Gold March 2017 lineup in full:

Layers of Fear: Available from March 1-31 on Xbox One
Evolve Ultimate Edition: Available from March 16-April 15 on Xbox One
Borderlands 2: Available from March 1-15 on Xbox 360 & Xbox One
Heavy Weapon: Available from March 16-31 on Xbox 360 & Xbox One

bdoughty
03-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Remember Xbox Live Indie Games on the 360. It's coming back.

https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-announces-the-xbox-live-creators-program-allows-developers-to-integrate-xbox-live-into-their-game/

https://cdn-mspoweruser.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Xbox-Creators-program-ID@Xbox-program-difference.jpg

Microsoft already allows developers and studios to self-publish games on Xbox One and Windows 10 with Xbox Live through their ID@Xbox program. Microsoft is today announcing the new Xbox Live Creators Program. The Xbox Live Creators Program allows developers to quickly publish their game to Xbox One and Windows 10, with a simplified certification process and no concept approval required. Similar to the ID@Xbox program developers, Xbox Live Creators Program developers can integrate Xbox Live social experiences such as sign-in, presence, leaderboards, and more into their games.

No matchmaking multiplayer or achievements, which has not changed and is the logical choice since there is no concept approval and anyone can make a game. They did add leaderboards which I do not think were available on the 360 version.

There were a ton of crap games but XBLIG had some diamonds in the rough.

Cthulhu Saves the World
DLC Quest
Miner Dig Deep
Dead Pixels
Escape Goat
College Lacrosse (The game got it's start here)

SmoothPancakes
03-01-2017, 10:00 PM
I remember the College Lacrosse game. I downloaded and played it on either the first or second edition, when it was still EXTREMELY rough around the edges. But it was still fun and served as a great jump start to making it into a bigger and better game.

JBHuskers
03-16-2017, 01:38 PM
Capcom bundles up its Disney Afternoon NES classics for PS4, Xbox One and PC (http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/15/14935394/disney-afternoon-video-games-xbox-one-ps4-capcom-pc)

This is awesome, loved Duck Tales and Chip N Dale for NES.

bdoughty
03-24-2017, 06:18 PM
This is going to be so great. They are adding everything I thought was missing from the first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI8jLZfmB-U

CLW
03-27-2017, 10:55 AM
Love Super Mega Baseball - definitely going to pick it up again.

CLW
03-27-2017, 10:58 AM
BTW - been sinking a TON of time into 3on3 Freestyle. Its a Free to Play game of street 3 on 3 basketball. Game is really fun (its not all out NBA Jam but not all sim either) but it does crash sometimes and needs some stability support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuWLBQ_h2_8

cdj
03-28-2017, 12:36 PM
Old Time Hockey is now available on PSN for $11.99. (https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/old-time-hockey/cid=UP0131-CUSA03798_00-7777777777777777)

JBHuskers
03-28-2017, 03:04 PM
Old Time Hockey is now available on PSN for $11.99. (https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/old-time-hockey/cid=UP0131-CUSA03798_00-7777777777777777)

Sounds cool, but sounds like it has problems too.

bdoughty
03-30-2017, 08:28 AM
BTW - been sinking a TON of time into 3on3 Freestyle. Its a Free to Play game of street 3 on 3 basketball. Game is really fun (its not all out NBA Jam but not all sim either) but it does crash sometimes and needs some stability support.

Speaking of the NBA and arcade games. There is an Indie game that was listed on a Nintendo Switch brochure. NBA Playgrounds and it has the official logo. Odd that it would pop up on the Switch first (marketing wise) or that there would be a sports game, not including Mario, that would be exclusive to the Switch. Could be a multi-platform game but there is hardly any info about it. Developer shows to be Sabre Interactive. They worked on some Halo stuff and sold printers in Scranton, PA. ;)

http://i.imgur.com/EnZcjxU.jpg

SmoothPancakes
04-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Hey guys, need some opinions. For those who have played both, if you had to choose between Horizon Zero Dawn and Mass Effect: Andromeda, which would you choose?

That's what I'm currently debating.

For Mass Effect, how important is it that I play the previous games? Worst case, I have Mass Effect 1-3 on my Xbox One via a combination of past Games with Golds and EA Access, so I could blitz through 1-3 and then hit Andromeda.

souljahbill
04-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Hey guys, need some opinions. For those who have played both, if you had to choose between Horizon Zero Dawn and Mass Effect: Andromeda, which would you choose?

That's what I'm currently debating.

For Mass Effect, how important is it that I play the previous games? Worst case, I have Mass Effect 1-3 on my Xbox One via a combination of past Games with Golds and EA Access, so I could blitz through 1-3 and then hit Andromeda.

You need no prior knowledge of the original trilogy to play ME:Andromeda. You'll just miss out on some Easter Eggs which you can look up on YouTube if you want.

I haven't played both but I'd go with Horizon. MEA will be better in 2 months when they finish the initial rollout of announced patches. It's a good game now but it'll be better later.

Rudy
04-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Everyone loves Horizon but me I guess. It's not a shooter so the base combat will be a lot different from ME. Horizon has tons of RPG elements that are poorly explained imo and is more stealth based. Horizon is hard imo and I just don't find the combat that great. If you like to wander around, explore, hunt animals and machines it's cool. The story started strong so I would like to see where it goes. I haven't played ME yet.

souljahbill
04-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Everyone loves Horizon but me I guess. It's not a shooter so the base combat will be a lot different from ME. Horizon has tons of RPG elements that are poorly explained imo and is more stealth based. Horizon is hard imo and I just don't find the combat that great. If you like to wander around, explore, hunt animals and machines it's cool. The story started strong so I would like to see where it goes. I haven't played ME yet.

That's the one thing I can say is absolutely right about MEA. The combat. For all the fuss about facial animations, shooting things is really fun and satisfying.

SmoothPancakes
04-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I'm having a hard time deciding. I could absolutely go for a new shooter. Right now I've got plenty of stealth games I'm playing between Sniper Elite 4 and Ghost Recon Wildlands, since I'm playing more of a long range, sniping, one with the shadows stealth character in Wildlands than run and gun.

On the other hand, I've heard overwhelmingly positive things about Horizon and that was already one my radar since it first showed up at E3.

If anything, I can check out streams of both and actually test drive MEA for 10 hours thanks to EA Access.

bdoughty
04-08-2017, 09:37 PM
If I had a PS4 Horizon would be a must. That said you can save a ton of money on games by switching to...

http://i.imgur.com/F3t0J5N.jpg

Still have yet to even do the final boss fight. Every day I am finding new enemies and shrines.

Rudy
04-09-2017, 05:02 AM
I'm clearly in the minority on Horizon. It gets better reviews overall to the initial Mass Effect prior to patches. I may simply be impatient with all the rpg elements and wish it was less stealth based. Maybe as I get more weapons the combat will improve.

Rudy
04-09-2017, 09:17 AM
I should add that I still love For Honor. One of the most fun games I've played in awhile and my first real online game. I've spent over 50 hours in actual combat and I'd rather be playing that game than Horizon. I'm really only playing Horizon because I bought it and I'm trying to like it but I always go back to For Honor.

SmoothPancakes
04-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I'm interested in both Andromeda and Horizon, so it would be pretty much a matter of which one to get first. After watching a couple live streams last night on PS4 and YouTube, as well as thoughts on here, I think I'll go ahead with Horizon first and look at picking up Andromeda later this month or maybe early May after I've whittled my playlist down a little bit.

Even though I'm already in the middle of a couple of stealth oriented games, I love me some RPGs, always have been a big RPG fan since my first introduction to the Final Fantasy series a long 20 years ago when I got surprised with a PS1 for Christmas.

Thanks for the opinions and input everyone!

bdoughty
04-10-2017, 07:08 PM
Canada highlights the new $10 Note.

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/banknotes/banknote150/

Enter the Konami Code for the Easter Egg. :D

http://i.imgur.com/eWZdkpt.png

Rudy
04-10-2017, 08:10 PM
I love it! I'm serious. I love having colours and they also have added a lot of transparency and other things to prevent fakes.

bdoughty
04-11-2017, 08:38 PM
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Ad leak.

https://vimeo.com/212842535

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Mrwq86raw

bdoughty
04-19-2017, 08:49 PM
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/snes-classic-edition-reportedly-coming-this-year/1100-6449451/

Nintendo discontinues the NES Classic worldwide and rumor is they are going to have an SNES Classic this Christmas. :D

souljahbill
04-20-2017, 06:29 AM
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/snes-classic-edition-reportedly-coming-this-year/1100-6449451/

Nintendo discontinues the NES Classic worldwide and rumor is they are going to have an SNES Classic this Christmas. :D

They should've tried satisfying NES Classic demand 1st.

bdoughty
04-20-2017, 08:42 AM
They should've tried satisfying NES Classic demand 1st.

Agreed but it is Nintendo and their crazy logic. It's like they can't decide where all their classic games should go. Still not a single one in the Switch store. The one place that could use those Nintendo classics, with the bonus of people being able to play on the go.

bdoughty
04-20-2017, 07:54 PM
Portal Knights Free Trial available on the PS4/XB1

http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/04/20/portal-knights-is-like-minecraft-meets-diablo-first-ps4-gameplay

Looks pretty fun, like Minecraft with good combat.

Rudy
04-21-2017, 04:30 AM
Downloading for the kids!

CLW
04-21-2017, 08:58 AM
I'm tempted to take a shot at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFXPQmrfY5w

appears to be some sort of interactive movie game.

Rudy
04-21-2017, 07:46 PM
Portal Knights Free Trial available on the PS4/XB1

http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/04/20/portal-knights-is-like-minecraft-meets-diablo-first-ps4-gameplay

Looks pretty fun, like Minecraft with good combat.

Both kids enjoyed it. I haven't seen them play it but I watched a trailer and the combat and player customization look good.

bdoughty
04-24-2017, 08:18 AM
Considering purchasing Sniper Ghost Warrior 3, watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNSUReaCFZ0

TLDW: 5 minutes to load into a mission. How does this pass certification?

bdoughty
04-27-2017, 06:24 AM
Dear Owen Good,

Please stick to writing about sports games.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/26/15438184/call-of-duty-wwii-trailer-reveal-diversity

For now, the tone-deaf manner in which this all-white production checked all the diversity boxes

https://abload.de/img/codbbo28.png

Activision and Sledgehammer Games pulled the wrapper off their glamour franchise today, and despite the exclusively white and male makeup of those doing so on stage, they want you to think this is a more inclusive tale of World War II. It may yet be. We won’t know until Nov. 3.

And yet the article exists. Took two people to write.

bdoughty
05-02-2017, 06:12 PM
Half Life 3, all hope is lost.

http://www.pcmag.com/news/353428/all-half-life-writers-have-left-valve

Every writer that worked on a Half-Life title has now left Valve for fresh pastures. We really aren't going to get a Half-Life 3, are we?

JBHuskers
05-11-2017, 12:35 PM
Has anyone played Marvel Heroes Omega yet?

I'm tempted to get the Deadpool access for $20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr08oPcw0lY

Rudy
05-11-2017, 04:12 PM
I haven't been able to get a beta key to try. How similar is it to Ultimate Alloance?

bdoughty
05-15-2017, 09:33 PM
Bought Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition on disc since it finally dropped to $39.99 which is probably still too high but I never played it on the last gen system.

On Disc Install Size - 1.2GB
Day one Patch Size - 12.8GB

I really hate that shit.

SmoothPancakes
05-16-2017, 09:29 PM
Yeah, that's some crap doing it like that.

As for Bulletstorm itself, I loved that game on 360, so this is definitely a planned purchase sometime in the future, maybe if there's a sale. I'd get it now, but I am so goddamn busy with work, I haven't been able to even really turn my PS4 on since I finished Wildlands, and even that was a challenge to try and push to finish it. What should have taken maybe two or three days of play time took two weeks thanks to work. And since I still have Horizon Zero Dawn to even crack open when I can find some free time, Bulletstorm will have to wait.

bdoughty
05-16-2017, 09:40 PM
The game itself is pretty fun so far. Probably more melee than I like in a shooter but so be it.

Oh the original Xbox 360 game was 4.85 GB. I kinda want to hack the disc to see what exactly is on it.

SmoothPancakes
05-16-2017, 09:41 PM
Well, after repeatedly debating for the last couple years of whether I should shell out the cash, since my current cheapo headset is starting to break (the plastic where the headband and left ear cup join is cracked), I decided to say fuck it, and using part of my tax refund, went ahead and splurged and bought a pair of Astro A50s over the weekend. Based on tracking from UPS, they should be arriving Monday, so I'm looking forward to getting those bad boys hooked up and trying them out for the first time.

Then maybe later this summer, since Astro started selling just base stations this spring, I may pick up another base station for $100 so I can have one hooked up to both my One and PS4 and be able to use my A50s with both consoles without having to deal with swapping cables back and forth between the two consoles.

JBHuskers
05-18-2017, 11:31 PM
Just started Late Shift, it's definitely interesting, would love to see more games like it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
05-22-2017, 03:37 PM
The Astro A50s arrived earlier this afternoon! Now that is how a headset should feel! Sturdy, strong and some actual weight to them, not these cheap ass thin plastic headsets I've used over the years.

I have them charging right now, so I haven't been able to experience the true glory yet. Just had them on long enough to verify all cables and settings were properly set up with proper game and party chat sounds and mic monitoring.

Looking forward to digging into some action games tonight with these things. Just gotta figure out what settings work and sound best for the audio mixers on the Astro Command Center.

CLW
05-22-2017, 07:32 PM
Just started Late Shift, it's definitely interesting, would love to see more games like it.

Yep I really enjoyed that one and after the initial blind play through I went through all the endings for the :plat:. I was really surprised how different the story went based off of your choices.

The Astro A50s arrived earlier this afternoon! Now that is how a headset should feel! Sturdy, strong and some actual weight to them, not these cheap ass thin plastic headsets I've used over the years.

I have them charging right now, so I haven't been able to experience the true glory yet. Just had them on long enough to verify all cables and settings were properly set up with proper game and party chat sounds and mic monitoring.

Looking forward to digging into some action games tonight with these things. Just gotta figure out what settings work and sound best for the audio mixers on the Astro Command Center.

Yeah I love my A50s. They are a bit pricey but the sound is great and they are really comfortable.

SmoothPancakes
05-22-2017, 10:53 PM
Yep I really enjoyed that one and after the initial blind play through I went through all the endings for the :plat:. I was really surprised how different the story went based off of your choices.

Yeah I love my A50s. They are a bit pricey but the sound is great and they are really comfortable.
Yeah, I've been wanting to get a pair of A50s for a couple years now, but that $300 price tag always turned me off.

But, I've had the A50s on my mind all spring, and with getting my tax refund a couple weeks ago, I decided to splurge a bit and spend $300 on a pair.

Plus the fact that my other headset I've been using for a couple years has cracked where the headband and earphone connects, thus making for a very loose fit while wearing them, it made me all the more willing to spend the money on a pair of A50s.

What little I was able to actually wear and use them today in a game, I am already extremely happy. They fit great, a nice snug feeling fit around the ears, the sound is incredible, and having a wireless headset for the first time, it's such a nice feeling being able to move my controller anyway I feel like and not be restricted by a 2 or 3 foot cord that tugs the headset off my head.

steelerfan
05-24-2017, 01:33 PM
Hmm. Had no idea Astro was finally making wireless headsets (last I checked was 5+ years ago when I bought the Sony PS one).

While I've largely stopped gaming, I'm going to keep this in mind if I get back into it. I'm really hoping Friday the 13th, which releases Friday, will get me back into it. If Jason Voorhees can't get me to do something then I'm lost.

SmoothPancakes
05-26-2017, 05:18 PM
Hmm. Had no idea Astro was finally making wireless headsets (last I checked was 5+ years ago when I bought the Sony PS one).

While I've largely stopped gaming, I'm going to keep this in mind if I get back into it. I'm really hoping Friday the 13th, which releases Friday, will get me back into it. If Jason Voorhees can't get me to do something then I'm lost.
Yeah, I don't know about earlier generations, but the 3rd generation A50s I bought are completely wireless. The only wires as the USB/micro USB cord to use for powering the base station and the audio cable to connect to the base station to the console.

The headset does have a micro USB plug so you can charge and play at the same time if you want, but other than that, it's entirely wireless. I'm extremely happy with my purchase.

As for Jason, downloading the game right now. :)

bdoughty
05-27-2017, 07:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5oE7MSkiUk

Love the direction this game is going but a tentative September release date? That will not be good for sales at all. Should have been June or early July when there is not a lot of games being released or pushed to Spring.

bdoughty
05-28-2017, 07:55 PM
Just saw this and did not see it posted here. College Football is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably not, it is crowdfunded and will not have any licenses and they still have yet to pick an engine to develop the actual game with.

http://www.imackulatevisiongaming.com/home/

Q: Why is the community so important to you?

A: The community is very important to us because our founders are members of the community. They grew up playing the college football franchise and have a deep understanding of the importance of community ideas and interaction. We would like to establish a very close relationship with our community and update our community every step of the way, from the Insider Program to the launch of the game we want you to feel like the community is apart of the development process.

Q: When will Gridiron Champions be released? Why 2019?

A: We will not be able to provide the community with an accurate timeline until we have reached out funding goal and began full-time development of Gridiron Champions. With that being said, it is our goal to reach our funding goal in 2017 so that we can begin full-time development as soon as possible. We chose the year 2019 as a tentative release year because it gives us the opportunity to take the proper time raise the funding needed to begin full-time development this year and spend 2018 creating a title that the community can enjoy and be proud of.

Q: Will this Gridiron Champions include licensed college football teams?

A: Unfortunately, our first game will not feature licensed college football teams. We intend to offer 126+ generic teams in Gridiron Champions and users will be able to create their own college football experience through in-game customization.

Q: How can you consider this a college football game with generic (teams, stadiums, etc)?

A: We believe that College Football is bigger than just the licensing. We intend to feature 126+ generic teams, bands, a playoff system, bowl games & other important features that we feel will make the game a very authentic college football experience. Not to mention the ability for users to be creative as described above.

Q: How in-depth will the in-game customization be in Gridiron Champions?

A: Our founders believe that customization is key. Ideally, users will be able to create/edit rosters, conferences, and teams (including uniforms and stadiums). We are looking forward to the development process following receiving funding to showcase exactly how in-depth customization will be in our first title.

Q: How will your company avoid being sued or going to court?

A: To avoid any litigation, we do not intend to use anything in our title without the owners consent. (Including but not limited to: likenesses, name, height, weight, race, hometowns, logos, stadiums, stadiums, and music.)

Q: Will the graphics be Next Generation?

A: Yes, we are looking to bring the college football experienced to the next generation platform.

Q: What system will the title be projected for?

A: Currently, we are projecting to have our title on Xbox One, PC and PS4. During the development process, if newer generation systems come out we will innovate and do our due diligence to have our titles on those systems. So, for now our focus is Xbox One, PC and PS4.

Q: What other games have you developed?

A: Gridiron Champions is our first game but we have recently agreed to terms with an established development company that we intend to work with once we have reached our funding goal. This company has developed many games including a long list of sports titles and we have extreme confidence in their portfolio and development staff.

Q: Are you actively looking for companies to partner/sponsor with to help with the development process?
A: Yes, we have met with a many companies and discussed potential partnerships. If we have any sponsorships or partnerships we will be sure to announce that to the public.

Q: Have you talked to investors/venture capitalist? Why would you come to the community to help fund the game?

A: Yes, we have talked to investors and venture capitalist. That is the reason that we decided to take the crowdfunding approach. The basis of our pitch to them was that the community wanted College Football video games to return to the market. They challenged us to validate our hypothesis before deciding whether or wether not they would invest. Thus, we concluded that crowdfunding was a great idea to not only validate our hypothesis but also to potentially help our company raise the funding needed to begin full-time development.

Q: Is this game an exact copy of older college football video games?

A: No, the vision that we have for our title is very innovative and fresh. We would like to remaster classic game modes and bring the core college gaming experience but this title will be far from an exact copy of former college football video game titles.

Q: Are licenses available for you to obtain?

A: Yes, licenses are available to be obtained though the Colligate Licensing Company. The NCAA has stated that it is open to working with other gaming companies in the future. We saw that reflected last year when NBA2K was able to secure licenses to a few top universities.

Q: What makes your company different from larger corporations?

A: We believe that what makes us different from larger corporations is the combination of our passion, interaction with the community and our singular focus for this project. We do intend to do nothing less than exceed everyones expectations for us with this title. This title is essentially our baby and we will treat it as such. Our companies sole focus and dedication will be to make the best college football video game possible.

Q: What game modes will be in your title?

A: We are looking to remaster all of the classic game modes in our own new innovative way. Some of the names include: Gridiron Icon Mode and Gridiron Dynasty. We have many more that we will release at a later date.

Q: Will you be able to import you custom rosters into Gridiron Icon / Dynasty Mode?

A: Yes

Q: What engine will the game run on?

A: TBA

Q: Who will be the broadcasters on your title's commentary?

A: We have a few commentators in mind that ideally we would like to work with but currently we are focused on getting the game funded and developed first. On social media, well known commentators seem to be very interested in the possibly working with a new company but they would like more information. The further we get in the development process, the information we will have to provide them with moving forward and hopefully a partnership can be formed.

Q: Will your title include apparel from large companies like Nike, Adidas, and Under Armour ?

A: To include those brands in our title, we would have to secure licensing with those companies. Currently our focus is on getting the game funded and developing quality gameplay, graphics and mechanics.

Q: Will your game have ESPN or other large networks within its presentation?

A: To include their presentation in our title, we would have to secure licensing with those networks. Currently our focus is on getting the game funded and developing quality gameplay, graphics and mechanics.

Q: Will there be an ultimate team?

A: We do like the idea of adding an "Ultimate Team" like mode to our game but this is not our priority. Our priority is developing quality gameplay, graphics and mechanics.

Q: What is Pre-Development?

A: Pre-Develppment is the early stages of a project requiring effective planning to dictate the long-term success of the project. In this case, our team has dedicated countless hours going through legal documents, license estimates, feasibility checklists, and meeting with potential partners and developers during this pre-development phase. Our team has dedicated their own personal budgets to get businesses licenses, trademarks, and begin the development of our first stadium and other assets that will be announced at a later date before even raising the initial capital needed to fund the game's development process. There is a large amount of sacrifice that has taken place before our team decided to ask the community or investors for a single dollar.

souljahbill
05-28-2017, 08:40 PM
Just saw this and did not see it posted here. College Football is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably not, it is crowdfunded and will not have any licenses and they still have yet to pick an engine to develop the actual game with.

http://www.imackulatevisiongaming.com/home/

Q: Why is the community so important to you?

A: The community is very important to us because our founders are members of the community. They grew up playing the college football franchise and have a deep understanding of the importance of community ideas and interaction. We would like to establish a very close relationship with our community and update our community every step of the way, from the Insider Program to the launch of the game we want you to feel like the community is apart of the development process.

Q: When will Gridiron Champions be released? Why 2019?

A: We will not be able to provide the community with an accurate timeline until we have reached out funding goal and began full-time development of Gridiron Champions. With that being said, it is our goal to reach our funding goal in 2017 so that we can begin full-time development as soon as possible. We chose the year 2019 as a tentative release year because it gives us the opportunity to take the proper time raise the funding needed to begin full-time development this year and spend 2018 creating a title that the community can enjoy and be proud of.

Q: Will this Gridiron Champions include licensed college football teams?

A: Unfortunately, our first game will not feature licensed college football teams. We intend to offer 126+ generic teams in Gridiron Champions and users will be able to create their own college football experience through in-game customization.

Q: How can you consider this a college football game with generic (teams, stadiums, etc)?

A: We believe that College Football is bigger than just the licensing. We intend to feature 126+ generic teams, bands, a playoff system, bowl games & other important features that we feel will make the game a very authentic college football experience. Not to mention the ability for users to be creative as described above.

Q: How in-depth will the in-game customization be in Gridiron Champions?

A: Our founders believe that customization is key. Ideally, users will be able to create/edit rosters, conferences, and teams (including uniforms and stadiums). We are looking forward to the development process following receiving funding to showcase exactly how in-depth customization will be in our first title.

Q: How will your company avoid being sued or going to court?

A: To avoid any litigation, we do not intend to use anything in our title without the owners consent. (Including but not limited to: likenesses, name, height, weight, race, hometowns, logos, stadiums, stadiums, and music.)

Q: Will the graphics be Next Generation?

A: Yes, we are looking to bring the college football experienced to the next generation platform.

Q: What system will the title be projected for?

A: Currently, we are projecting to have our title on Xbox One, PC and PS4. During the development process, if newer generation systems come out we will innovate and do our due diligence to have our titles on those systems. So, for now our focus is Xbox One, PC and PS4.

Q: What other games have you developed?

A: Gridiron Champions is our first game but we have recently agreed to terms with an established development company that we intend to work with once we have reached our funding goal. This company has developed many games including a long list of sports titles and we have extreme confidence in their portfolio and development staff.

Q: Are you actively looking for companies to partner/sponsor with to help with the development process?
A: Yes, we have met with a many companies and discussed potential partnerships. If we have any sponsorships or partnerships we will be sure to announce that to the public.

Q: Have you talked to investors/venture capitalist? Why would you come to the community to help fund the game?

A: Yes, we have talked to investors and venture capitalist. That is the reason that we decided to take the crowdfunding approach. The basis of our pitch to them was that the community wanted College Football video games to return to the market. They challenged us to validate our hypothesis before deciding whether or wether not they would invest. Thus, we concluded that crowdfunding was a great idea to not only validate our hypothesis but also to potentially help our company raise the funding needed to begin full-time development.

Q: Is this game an exact copy of older college football video games?

A: No, the vision that we have for our title is very innovative and fresh. We would like to remaster classic game modes and bring the core college gaming experience but this title will be far from an exact copy of former college football video game titles.

Q: Are licenses available for you to obtain?

A: Yes, licenses are available to be obtained though the Colligate Licensing Company. The NCAA has stated that it is open to working with other gaming companies in the future. We saw that reflected last year when NBA2K was able to secure licenses to a few top universities.

Q: What makes your company different from larger corporations?

A: We believe that what makes us different from larger corporations is the combination of our passion, interaction with the community and our singular focus for this project. We do intend to do nothing less than exceed everyones expectations for us with this title. This title is essentially our baby and we will treat it as such. Our companies sole focus and dedication will be to make the best college football video game possible.

Q: What game modes will be in your title?

A: We are looking to remaster all of the classic game modes in our own new innovative way. Some of the names include: Gridiron Icon Mode and Gridiron Dynasty. We have many more that we will release at a later date.

Q: Will you be able to import you custom rosters into Gridiron Icon / Dynasty Mode?

A: Yes

Q: What engine will the game run on?

A: TBA

Q: Who will be the broadcasters on your title's commentary?

A: We have a few commentators in mind that ideally we would like to work with but currently we are focused on getting the game funded and developed first. On social media, well known commentators seem to be very interested in the possibly working with a new company but they would like more information. The further we get in the development process, the information we will have to provide them with moving forward and hopefully a partnership can be formed.

Q: Will your title include apparel from large companies like Nike, Adidas, and Under Armour ?

A: To include those brands in our title, we would have to secure licensing with those companies. Currently our focus is on getting the game funded and developing quality gameplay, graphics and mechanics.

Q: Will your game have ESPN or other large networks within its presentation?

A: To include their presentation in our title, we would have to secure licensing with those networks. Currently our focus is on getting the game funded and developing quality gameplay, graphics and mechanics.

Q: Will there be an ultimate team?

A: We do like the idea of adding an "Ultimate Team" like mode to our game but this is not our priority. Our priority is developing quality gameplay, graphics and mechanics.

Q: What is Pre-Development?

A: Pre-Develppment is the early stages of a project requiring effective planning to dictate the long-term success of the project. In this case, our team has dedicated countless hours going through legal documents, license estimates, feasibility checklists, and meeting with potential partners and developers during this pre-development phase. Our team has dedicated their own personal budgets to get businesses licenses, trademarks, and begin the development of our first stadium and other assets that will be announced at a later date before even raising the initial capital needed to fund the game's development process. There is a large amount of sacrifice that has taken place before our team decided to ask the community or investors for a single dollar.

Crap! I forgot to post this the other day. I'm already in the Silver club.

steelerfan
05-28-2017, 11:23 PM
Yawn.

jaymo76
05-29-2017, 11:59 PM
The above sounds like a reboot of the Joe Montana Football saga from a few years back.

JBHuskers
05-30-2017, 03:42 PM
The above sounds like a reboot of the Joe Montana Football saga from a few years back.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5b/a7/ce/5ba7ce23fbf26fb66aa81cf8ccac5bf9.gif

JBHuskers
06-03-2017, 12:34 PM
This looks interesting...

https://youtu.be/ZF_jTH_FJw4

JBHuskers
06-16-2017, 12:44 PM
Decided to cancel my Dead By Daylight pre-order. Sounds like it's as buggy as Friday The 13th but not as authentic, so I'll just wait on that one til it's $10 and continue to play F13 as I dig that game.

JBHuskers
06-22-2017, 11:47 AM
For mobile users, there are some free to play SEGA games out now...

https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/21/15845736/sega-forever-ios-android-free-sega-mobile-games-download

jaymo76
06-22-2017, 08:40 PM
Steam summer sale!!! Woo hoo!!!

JBHuskers
08-15-2017, 03:17 PM
Trying to decide on Sonic Mania, Night Trap, both, or neither.... :D at least with digital it won't sell out.

souljahbill
08-15-2017, 03:43 PM
Trying to decide on Sonic Mania, Night Trap, both, or neither.... :D at least with digital it won't sell out.

I had a Sega CD but I didn't have Night Trap so I may get it just because.
#TeamSewerShark

JBHuskers
08-15-2017, 03:49 PM
I had a Sega CD but I didn't have Night Trap so I may get it just because.
#TeamSewerShark

Yeah I'm just thinking about waiting til it goes on sale; which probably won't be too long from now.

SmoothPancakes
08-21-2017, 10:08 AM
Paradox, the creators of Hearts of Iron, Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings and Cities:Skylines, is back with a new game coming out in 2018: Surviving Mars.

Your mission? To colonize Mars. With minimal casualties.

You can find out more about the game at https://www.survivingmars.com/invites/SapZWR

JBHuskers
08-22-2017, 05:37 PM
There's a game that kinda reminds me of Shadowgate for the NES out today called The Book of Regrets. It's $5 and had a :plat: lol

bdoughty
08-23-2017, 04:39 AM
I was really excited about the new tennis game until I found out Big Ben was the publisher and a French Studio with hardly any experience is behind it, outside of a few guys from the Top Spin Team. Big Ben puts out some really crap games, like the Rugby games from HB Studios that were a couple of the worst reviewed games ever.

Not to mention this from a interview awhile back.

SX: Which form (s) will take the training and management of our career?

P.A.: There are two types of training: playable (forehand, backhand ...) and non-playable (running in the Andes)

WTF does that even mean? All I could think of was the European Version of Punchout.

http://i.imgur.com/dHkiEz8.gif

bdoughty
08-25-2017, 06:31 AM
Virtual Reality has been saved. It is not longer a fad like 3D gaming, the hunger is real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3PJQ_E7Se0

bdoughty
08-25-2017, 09:05 AM
Half Life 3 is officially dead. The guy who worked on and wrote for all the Half Life games, just posted the plot for what would have been HL3.

* He changed the names and genders to protect himself since he has not worked for Valve in more than a year. The first and last paragraphs are his opinion on what has become of Valve.

http://www.marclaidlaw.com/epistle-3/

Site has been up and down so full text (with the proper names and gender is in the spoilers (courtesy of Reddit).

I hope this letter finds you well. I can hear your complaint already, “Gordon Freeman, we have not heard from you in ages!” Well, if you care to hear excuses, I have plenty, the greatest of them being I’ve been in other dimensions and whatnot, unable to reach you by the usual means. This was the case until eighteen months ago, when I experienced a critical change in my circumstances, and was redeposited on these shores. In the time since, I have been able to think occasionally about how best to describe the intervening years, my years of silence. I do first apologize for the wait, and that done, hasten to finally explain (albeit briefly, quickly, and in very little detail) events following those described in my previous letter (referred to herewith as Episode 2).

To begin with, as you may recall from the closing paragraphs of my previous missive, the death of Eli Vance shook us all. The Research & Rebellion team was traumatized, unable to be sure how much of our plan might be compromised, and whether it made any sense to go on at all as we had intended. And yet, once Eli had been buried, we found the strength and courage to regroup. It was the strong belief of his brave daughter, the feisty Alyx Vance, that we should continue on as her father had wished. We had the Arctic coordinates, transmitted by Eli’s long-time assistant, Dr. Judith Mossman, which we believed to mark the location of the lost research vessel Borealis. Eli had felt strongly that the Borealis should be destroyed rather than allow it to fall into the hands of the Combine. Others on our team disagreed, believing that the Borealis might hold the secret to the revolution’s success. Either way, the arguments were moot until we found the vessel. Therefore, immediately after the service for Dr. Vance, Alyx and I boarded a seaplane and set off for the Arctic; a much larger support team, mainly militia, was to follow by separate transport.

It is still unclear to me exactly what brought down our little aircraft. The following hours spent traversing the frigid waste in a blizzard are also a jumbled blur, ill-remembered and poorly defined. The next thing I clearly recall is our final approach to the coordinates Dr. Mossman has provided, and where we expected to find the Borealis. What we found instead was a complex fortified installation, showing all the hallmarks of sinister Combine technology. It surrounded a large open field of ice. Of the Hypnos itself there was no sign…or not at first. But as we stealthily infiltrated the Combine installation, we noticed a recurrent, strangely coherent auroral effect–as of a vast hologram fading in and out of view. This bizarre phenomenon initially seemed an effect caused by an immense Combine lensing system, Alyx and I soon realized that what we were actually seeing was the research vessel Borealis itself, phasing in and out of existence at the focus of the Combine devices. The aliens had erected their compound to study and seize the ship whenever it materialized. What Dr. Mossman had provided were not coordinates for where the sub was located, but instead for where it was predicted to arrive. The liner was oscillating in and out of our reality, its pulses were gradually steadying, but there was no guarantee it would settle into place for long–or at all. We determined that we must put ourselves into position to board it at the instant it became completely physical.

At this point we were briefly detained–not captured by the Combine, as we feared at first, but by minions of our former nemesis, the conniving and duplicitous Wallace Breen. Dr. Breen was not as we had last seen him–which is to say, he was not dead. At some point, the Combine had saved out an earlier version of his consciousness, and upon his physical demise, they had imprinted the back-up personality into a biological blank resembling an enormous slug. The Breen-Slug, despite occupying a position of relative power in the Combine hierarchy, seemed nervous and frightened of me in particular. Wallace did not know how his previous incarnation, the original Dr. Breen, had died. He knew only that I was responsible. Therefore the slug treated us with great caution. Still, he soon confessed (never able to keep quiet for long) that he was himself a prisoner of the Combine. He took no pleasure from his current grotesque existence, and pleaded with us to end his life. Alyx believed that a quick death was more than Wallace Breen deserved, but for my part, I felt a modicum of pity and compassion. Out of Alyx’s sight, I might have done something to hasten the slug’s demise before we proceeded.

Not far from where we had been detained by Dr. Breen, we found Judith Mossman being held in a Combine interrogation cell. Things were tense between Judith and Alyx, as might be imagined. Alyx blamed Judith for her father’s death…news of which, Judith was devastated to hear for the first time. Judith tried to convince Alyx that she had been a double agent serving the resistance all along, doing only what Eli had asked of her, even though she knew it meant she risked being seen by her peers–by all of us–as a traitor. I was convinced; Alyx less so. But from a pragmatic point of view, we depended on Dr. Mossman; for along with the Borealis coordinates, she possessed resonance keys which would be necessary to bring the liner fully into our plane of existence.
We skirmished with Combine soldiers protecting a Combine research post, then Dr. Mossman attuned the Borealis to precisely the frequencies needed to bring it into (brief) coherence. In the short time available to us, we scrambled aboard the ship, with an unknown number of Combine agents close behind. The ship cohered for only a short time, and then its oscillations resume. It was too late for our own military support, which arrived and joined the Combine forces in battle just as we rebounded between universes, once again unmoored.

What happened next is even harder to explain. Alyx Vance, Dr. Mossman and myself sought control of the ship–its power source, its control room, its navigation center. The liner’s history proved nonlinear. Years before, during the Combine invasion, various members of an earlier science team, working in the hull of a dry-docked liner situated at the Aperture Science Research Base in Lake Huron, had assembled what they called the Bootstrap Device. If it worked as intended, it would emit a field large enough to surround the ship. This field would then itself travel instantaneously to any chosen destination without having to cover the intervening space. There was no need for entry or exit portals, or any other devices; it was entirely self-contained. Unfortunately, the device had never been tested. As the Combine pushed Earth into the Seven Hour War, the aliens seized control of our most important research facilities. The staff of the Borealis, with no other wish than to keep the ship out of Combine hands, acted in desperation. The switched on the field and flung the Borealis toward the most distant destination they could target: Arctica. What they did not realize was that the Bootstrap Device travelled in time as well as space. Nor was it limited to one time or one location. The Borealis, and the moment of its activation, were stretched across space and time, between the nearly forgotten Lake Huron of the Seven Hour War and the present day Arctic; it was pulled taut as an elastic band, vibrating, except where at certain points along its length one could find still points, like the harmonic spots along a vibrating guitar string. One of these harmonics was where we boarded, but the string ran forward and back, in both time and space, and we were soon pulled in every direction ourselves.

Time grew confused. Looking from the bridge, we could see the drydocks of Aperture Science at the moment of teleportation, just as the Combine forces closed in from land, sea and air. At the same time, we could see the Arctic wastelands, where our friends were fighting to make their way to the protean Borealis; and in addition, glimpses of other worlds, somewhere in the future perhaps, or even in the past. Alyx grew convinced we were seeing one of the Combine’s central staging areas for invading other worlds–such as our own. We meanwhile fought a running battle throughout the ship, pursued by Combine forces. We struggled to understand our situation, and to agree on our course of action. Could we alter the course of the Borealis? Should we run it aground in the Arctic, giving our peers the chance to study it? Should we destroy it with all hands aboard, our own included? It was impossible to hold a coherent thought, given the baffling and paradoxical timeloops, which passed through the ship like bubbles. I felt I was going mad, that we all were, confronting myriad versions of ourselves, in that ship that was half ghost-ship, half nightmare funhouse.

What it came down to, at last, was a choice. Judith Mossman argued, reasonably, that we should save the Borealis and deliver it to the resistance, that our intelligent peers might study and harness its power. But Alyx reminded me she had sworn she would honor her father’s demand that we destroy the ship. She hatched a plan to set the Borealis to self-destruct, while riding it into the heart of the Combine’s invasion nexus. Judith and Alyx argued. Judith overpowered Alyx and brought the Borealis area, preparing to shut off the Bootstrap Device and settle the ship on the ice. Then I heard a shot, and Judith fell. Alyx had decided for all of us, or her weapon had. With Dr. Mossman dead, we were committed to the suicide plunge. Grimly, Alyx and I armed the Borealis, creating a time-travelling missile, and steered it for the heart of the Combine’s command center.

At this point, as you will no doubt be unsurprised to hear, a Certain Sinister Figure appeared, in the form of that sneering trickster, G-Man. For once he appeared not to me, but to Alyx Vance. Alyx had not seen the cryptical schoolmarm since childhood, but she recognized him instantly. “Come along with me now, we’ve places to do and things to be,” said G-Man, and Alyx acquiesced. She followed the strange grey gentleman out of the Borealis, out of our reality. For me, there was no convenient door held open; only a snicker and a sideways glance. I was left alone, riding the weaponized research vessel into the heart of a Combine world. An immense light blazed. I caught a cosmic view of a brilliantly glittering Dyson sphere. The vastness of the Combine’s power, the futility of our struggle, blossomed briefly in my awareness. I saw everything. Mainly I saw how the Borealis, our most powerful weapon, would register as less than a fizzling matchhead as it blew itself apart. And what remained of me would be even less than that.
Just then, as you have surely already foreseen, the Vortigaunts parted their own checkered curtains of reality, reached in as they have on prior occasions, plucked me out, and set me aside. I barely got to see the fireworks begin.

And here we are. I spoke of my return to this shore. It has been a circuitous path to lands I once knew, and surprising to see how much the terrain has changed. Enough time has passed that few remember me, or what I was saying when last I spoke, or what precisely we hoped to accomplish. At this point, the resistance will have failed or succeeded, no thanks to me. Old friends have been silenced, or fallen by the wayside. I no longer know or recognize most members of the research team, though I believe the spirit of rebellion still persists. I expect you know better than I the appropriate course of action, and I leave you to it. Except no further correspondence from me regarding these matters; this is my final episode.
Yours in infinite finality, Gordon Freeman, Ph.D.

bdoughty
08-26-2017, 09:08 AM
Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x77TOR9HC5Y

Great texture enhancements, now just bring us some games.

http://i.imgur.com/eH9MJIg.png

http://i.imgur.com/pJ5oIPj.png

http://i.imgur.com/zdqcIrw.png

JBHuskers
08-30-2017, 03:18 PM
This is pretty badass for one person to do :D

https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/30/16226368/pubg-red-shirt-korean-streamer-chinese-betrayal-video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cTKsA2igvM

steelerfan
08-30-2017, 03:44 PM
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

SmoothPancakes
09-05-2017, 09:32 PM
Well, I took my first half step into PS Vue tonight. I don't have Showtime, and tonight was the premiere of season three of A Season With, with this year's show being A Season With Navy Football.

Turns out Navy football is all it takes for me to finally sign up for Vue. :D

I haven't actually subscribed to a normal TV package, at least not yet, but I did start my free trial and subscribe to Showtime for $8.99 a month as a standalone subscription.

I figure I'll keep the Showtime subscription for a minimum of the football season so I can watch the entire season's run of A Season With Navy Football, and maybe some other shows I've heard about or missed out on.

After A Season With ends for the year in December or January, whenever it wraps up around the end of the college football season, I'll decide then whether to go full blown with a TV package and cancel regular cable, just keep the Showtime sub, or cancel Showtime and just go back to normal before today.

steelerfan
09-05-2017, 11:23 PM
I saw a commercial for that, Smooth, and was gonna ask if you knew about it but then I started thinking about beer or tits or Jason Voorhees or something and completely forgot. Sorry, glad you knew!

souljahbill
09-06-2017, 05:24 AM
🤣🤣🤣

cdj
09-10-2017, 10:27 PM
To be fair, they did bill Arkham Knight as the finale of the series, but the voice of Batman in the games (Kevin Conroy) says there will be no more Batman: Arkham games (https://batman-news.com/2017/09/10/kevin-conroy-batman-arkham-no-plans/).

This brings up the question of why hasn't WB & DC put out more comic book or comic book movie inspired games? Aside from some small mobile titles, they've seemingly abandoned video game tie-ins or milking a potential cash cow.

Rudy
09-22-2017, 08:12 AM
Did not realize how extensive AC Origins has for an RPG tree. You can be a Hunter (archery), Warrior (brute force) or Seer (tools and tricks). Sounds pretty cool. The link has 21 images for each of the skills so you can see them more than just the one image below.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-assassins-creed-origins-full-skill-tree/1100-6450775/

https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1575/15759911/3246359-screen+shot+2017-06-11+at+1.34.21+pm.png

souljahbill
09-23-2017, 09:15 AM
Did not realize how extensive AC Origins has for an RPG tree. You can be a Hunter (archery), Warrior (brute force) or Seer (tools and tricks). Sounds pretty cool. The link has 21 images for each of the skills so you can see them more than just the one image below.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-assassins-creed-origins-full-skill-tree/1100-6450775/

https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1575/15759911/3246359-screen+shot+2017-06-11+at+1.34.21+pm.png

I'm totally here for this. I'm in.

Also, I think I wanna go Seer to start.

JBHuskers
09-26-2017, 10:55 AM
So Minecraft just came out for the New Nintendo 3DS so I thought "cool, let's see how much it is, maybe I'll get it." $30??? Fuuuuuck no :D

JBHuskers
09-26-2017, 11:34 AM
For you pinball fans, Pinball FX 3 is out on PS4 today, previous purchases carry over.

JBHuskers
10-13-2017, 11:03 AM
DUDE! Shadowgate!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/12/ps4-xbox-one-getting-3-nes-adventure-games-soon

bdoughty
10-21-2017, 06:14 AM
Okay how many farming games do we need? No Tennis games but farming out the wazoo. I am not even including all the Farming Simulator games (the big brand) which even had a Farming Simulator 18 release on the Vita this year.

Two, yes TWO farming games were released on the PSN store this week.

https://i.imgur.com/anqjcDA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1qPC6rG.jpg

One more coming in the spring,

https://i.imgur.com/jadHg1V.jpg

souljahbill
10-21-2017, 07:20 AM
Have y’all played Stardew Valley? I haven’t but now that it’s on Switch, it’s all I hear about.

bdoughty
10-21-2017, 03:25 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?9892-Stardew-Valley-(PC-PS4-XB1-and-eventually-Switch)&highlight=stardew

bdoughty
10-21-2017, 09:52 PM
Looks like Neogaf is headed for a complete shutdown. Lot's of drama. Owner who has a history of abuse with women, gets accused again. Moderators are leaving left and right. Not to mention how they did everything they could to hide/lock/delete all information in regards to a former moderator being a pedophile that was arrested months ago and a previous moderator that was de-modded for having such thoughts. It is basically the Wild West over there.

souljahbill
10-21-2017, 09:55 PM
Wow! That’s crazy!
Is there a thread?

bdoughty
10-21-2017, 10:29 PM
This is what started it.

https://imgur.com/a/FJrjx

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45102.2880

Scroll down to post 2906. Pretty sure it covers the owners past issues (Evilore).

Neogaf itself is down right now for me but here are a ton of threads on it for a short time before getting deleted.

SmoothPancakes
10-21-2017, 10:29 PM
Where's my popcorn. Couldn't happen to nicer group of toxic assholes. I haven't seen or had many pleasant experiences with that site.

bdoughty
10-22-2017, 07:52 AM
Been down all night. Maybe Evilore plans to sell it to someone and they re-open it? The biggest gaming forum, which had been around for well over 10 years under the ownership of Evilore and almost 20 years going back to the gamin-age days. Taken down in a couple days. Of course he brought this on himself. He created a progressive wonderland and hand picked moderators that followed suit, banning any form of discussion that would upset the extreme-leftist hive. Members have gone at him before for the Pedo issue, his known past of harassing a woman in Europe and bragging about it, etc, etc, but he was able to control (stop) the discussion and delete/lock posts and threads. The timing of Harvey Weinstein, Trump being president and his checkered past with women and the hive finds out that their forum leader could be at it again with the harassment of women. That hive he so carefully curated hive turned on him so fast, they strung him up and did not even ask questions later.

The only thing I will miss are a few of the communities. College Football OT was a great place. Sad thing is some of these were good communities that self imposed not bringing in politics and religion. Leaving the discussion to the topic at hand. Sadly with it being shut down so fast and everyone scrambling for a new place to post at, it will be hard to recreate what they once had.

By the way JB, I am going to destroy the photo of you and that goat. It would hurt too much for this site to see the same fate. He was just a pet, let's all agree upon that. :P

jaymo76
10-22-2017, 12:39 PM
Been playing the free weekend version of Cities Skylines for XBOX 1. For a port of an excellent computer game, I must say that it's a solid port. Paradox clearly put a lot of time into getting the console version. I'm having a blast. Right now it's ONLY $29 SO I MAY PURCHASE IT BERFORE THE SALE ENDS. great game!

steelerfan
10-22-2017, 12:56 PM
DUDE! Shadowgate!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/12/ps4-xbox-one-getting-3-nes-adventure-games-soonI'm in. Loved Shadowgate.

CLW
10-22-2017, 04:14 PM
Looks like Neogaf is headed for a complete shutdown. Lot's of drama. Owner who has a history of abuse with women, gets accused again. Moderators are leaving left and right. Not to mention how they did everything they could to hide/lock/delete all information in regards to a former moderator being a pedophile that was arrested months ago and a previous moderator that was de-modded for having such thoughts. It is basically the Wild West over there.

LOL yeah I went over there to checkout the gameroom setup thread and it was closed went to twitter and got an idea of the "drama". Hilarious irony that it was not even a week or so ago Gafers were going full rage mode at Naughty Dog over some allegations of harassment.

GAFers make the libs here at TGT look like crazy right wingers.

bdoughty
10-22-2017, 07:06 PM
GAFers make the libs here at TGT look like crazy right wingers.

Pretty much. Of course it makes us conservatives look like the second coming of Hitler. ;)

SmoothPancakes
10-23-2017, 04:09 PM
Damn, just one trophy away from having my first platinum. I have 34 of 36 trophies in South Park: The Fractured But Whole. Just have to play through the story again, playing it on Mastermind Difficulty as a black character to get The Token Experience trophy and that shiny platinum will be mine.

bdoughty
10-23-2017, 10:56 PM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

It's back with a weak ass apology, few mods and only a gaming side. Seriously, still afraid to talk about the lies and the pedophile. Most people are just throwing themselves at the ban stake and saying F you.

CLW
10-24-2017, 11:43 AM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

It's back with a weak ass apology, few mods and only a gaming side. Seriously, still afraid to talk about the lies and the pedophile. Most people are just throwing themselves at the ban stake and saying F you.

The Leftists are in an interesting quandary right now. The trend/new gospel of the left is to 100% believe any accusation of sexual assault/harassment (at least if if comes from a woman) and flip thousands of years of world civilization standard/precedent. Its dangerous to go down that rabbit hole as anyone can say anything and come up with a story that a defendant/accused can not possibly disprove (its always harder to prove the negative).

The irony/hypocrisy of course is that the left's most recent nominee for POTUS made a career smearing women into the ground who accused her husband of rape, sexual assault and sexual harassment. Yet she somehow got largely away with claiming that all alleged victims should be believed during the campaign. In fact, I don't recall anyone prominent (even on the right) challenging how that flips our tradition of innocent until proven guilty.

All allegations should be taken seriously and investigated but to require an accused to prove his/her own innocence just strikes me as something very dangerous and not proper on a whole lot of fronts. Duke lacross, UVA, etc..... should all be examples of how the leftist mob mentality of wanting to lock em up and throw away the key before an investigation is even conducted (much less concluded) is not the right way to go.

Rudy
10-24-2017, 03:21 PM
The thread is random video game talk. Not spew political stuff that will lead to circular arguments and a lot of bitching. I know the Neogaf stuff brought this up but let’s not go down the bitter road of politics please.

SmoothPancakes
10-24-2017, 04:23 PM
The thread is random video game talk. Not spew political stuff that will lead to circular arguments and a lot of bitching. I know the Neogaf stuff brought this up but let’s not go down the bitter road of politics please.Amen Rudy.

bdoughty
10-24-2017, 06:20 PM
Amen Rudy.

Keep religion out of this thread. God has no place in the Random Video Game Talk thread. ;)

With this forum averaging 2-3 posts a day it is a bit ironic that people are asking for things not to be discussed.

SmoothPancakes
10-24-2017, 06:30 PM
Keep religion out of this thread. God has no place in the Random Video Game Talk thread. ;)

With this forum averaging 2-3 posts a day it is a bit ironic that people are asking for things not to be discussed.Because literally nothing of value or good has ever come out of discussion of politics on here. In fact it has driven at least a couple former members away in the past.

Rudy
10-24-2017, 06:57 PM
Because literally nothing of value or good has ever come out of discussion of politics on here. In fact it has driven at least a couple former members away in the past.

Exactly. I have seen this happen at other sites. Most people are set in their views and beliefs and aren’t going to change. So they just bash each other until everyone hates each other and nothing gets accomplished. I don’t care if this means less posts. Discussing politics or religion rarely turns out well online.

JBHuskers
11-02-2017, 10:05 AM
If you like first person exploration / survival games, get Kona while it's on sale for $12, I looked up the reviews on Steam and they were really good so I tried it out last night and really am digging it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVK7L_IYoMQ

bdoughty
11-09-2017, 08:13 PM
https://venturebeat.com/2017/11/09/electronic-arts-acquires-respawn-entertainment-455/

As a big fan of the Titanfall series and Respawn, this saddens me.

https://i.imgur.com/VleuZE3.jpg

bdoughty
11-10-2017, 07:47 AM
Just got this e-mail. I did check and it gave a free month of PSN. Just seems an odd way to help people affected by the natural disasters. Only a tiny portion of PSN users were actually affected by this. Probably would have been better to send an actual donation to the areas in need.

https://i.imgur.com/wS99bEV.jpg

bdoughty
11-21-2017, 07:20 PM
It's Happening. Don't screw with the Belgians.

http://www.pcgamer.com/belgium-says-loot-boxes-are-gambling-wants-them-banned-in-europe/?utm_content=buffere78bc&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

The Google translation is a little sloppy, as usual, but the message is clear enough. "The mixing of money and addiction is gambling," the Gaming Commission declared. Belgium's Minister of Justice Koen Geens also weighed in, saying, "Mixing gambling and gaming, especially at a young age, is dangerous for the mental health of the child."

Geens, according to the report, wants to ban in-game purchases outright (correction: if you don't know exactly what you're purchasing), and not just in Belgium: He said the process will take time, "because we have to go to Europe. We will certainly try to ban it."

Then Hawaii chimed in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_akwfRuL4os

It's a trap!!!!!!!!!!! :D Saving the world from EA's predatory practices.

SmoothPancakes
11-21-2017, 10:29 PM
Me, all politicians do is talk out of their asses and then don't shit when they have to take action.

All I'm seeing is yet more talking out of asses. And that'll be all that happens after EA and others in the gaming community throw some money at these people and their re-election campaigns, because in addition to doing nothing but talking out of their asses, every politician is nothing but a corrupt jackass who will do whatever it takes to keep the bribes, excuse me, "donations", coming in.

JBHuskers
12-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Last year, Polygon's best of the year got me to try Stardew Valley and I loved it. This year they're going to get me to try Everything. This game looks so interesting.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/5/16737692/game-of-the-year-2017-goty-everything-ps4-pc

jaymo76
12-27-2017, 08:32 PM
I think the reason why I am enjoying AC Origins so much is because it's kind of like a hybrid between Black Flag and Witcher 3. The last two entries of this game were losing momentum and frankly I thought Revolution was crap! I'm having a ton of fun and am really impressed with this entry. No0w if only we could get rid of those stupid modern day cut scenes...

CLW
01-08-2018, 03:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_QaTtvI2tg

I'm 100% convinced EA is already doing this with MUT matchmaking. Instead of matching up similarly skilled teams/players they will often try to put you in a match you have little chance to win so you will be encouraged to spin that cash money on microtransactions.

Rudy
01-08-2018, 04:15 PM
EA is so greedy if that is true. Already enough with Star Wars and the never ending greed here.

CLW
01-13-2018, 07:32 AM
Man fatally shoots 68-year-old mother in the head over broken video game headset
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/man-kills-68-year-old-mother-broken-video-game-headset-article-1.3754550

steelerfan
01-13-2018, 11:41 AM
Man fatally shoots 68-year-old mother in the head over broken video game headset
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/man-kills-68-year-old-mother-broken-video-game-headset-article-1.3754550

Figured it was ram but then saw he was only 28.

souljahbill
01-13-2018, 01:29 PM
Figured it was ram but then saw he was only 28.

🤣🤣🤣

CLW
01-15-2018, 03:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QfpP8n0Bro

This crap just getting worse and I'm sure the math isn't all that different from MUT.

1of 2 things are going to happen at some point - #1 government regulation requiring only 21+ up to play these games and/or a these games stop selling when the masses have had enough

steelerfan
01-15-2018, 09:18 PM
A 3rd would be government regulation requiring that the buyer knows exactly what they're getting when they purchase it, eliminating the "gambling" aspect.

That's the one I'm rooting for, anyway. I'd root for people getting fed up but people are too stupid.

JBHuskers
01-17-2018, 01:30 PM
This game looks pretty damn cool...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MmFslPILuM

CLW
01-26-2018, 08:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62ADrqvHBF4

LMFAO this crytpo currency bubble is going to be hilarious when it pops.

JBHuskers
02-07-2018, 01:35 PM
This sounds like an interesting entry in the battle royale genre...

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/7/16984774/fear-the-wolves-vostok-games-battle-royale-focus-home-interactive-announcement

Rudy
02-08-2018, 06:21 AM
Nothing me and my daughter are playing Shadow of the Colossus. Not sure it deserves 90+ on Metacritic but it’s an interesting and unique game. Never played the original. We have both beaten the first two. She died on the third one although I haven’t even seen it yet.

souljahbill
02-08-2018, 07:19 AM
Nothing me and my daughter are playing Shadow of the Colossus. Not sure it deserves 90+ on Metacritic but it’s an interesting and unique game. Never played the original. We have both beaten the first two. She died on the third one although I haven’t even seen it yet.

One of my favorite games from the PS2 era. The 3rd boss is when it starts getting difficult if I remember correctly. You may feel different about the score once you beat it. I thought it was an amazing experience.

Rudy
02-09-2018, 06:12 AM
The platforming controls are bad and infuriating at times in Colossus. For the third boss you have to jump from a bridge to a ledge just to get to the boss. I kept missing and falling in the water which makes you swim all the way around and do it over. I did it successfully once and then during the boss fight fell off the ledge and had to redo it. After another bunch of failures I quit. So frustrating. Bad design and controls.

souljahbill
02-09-2018, 06:28 AM
The platforming controls are bad and infuriating at times in Colossus. For the third boss you have to jump from a bridge to a ledge just to get to the boss. I kept missing and falling in the water which makes you swim all the way around and do it over. I did it successfully once and then during the boss fight fell off the ledge and had to redo it. After another bunch of failures I quit. So frustrating. Bad design and controls.

I hear ya. Back on the PS2, I HATED controlling the horse. All I could think about was how easy it was to control Link’s horse in Zelda games and how ridiculously stiff Wanderer’s horse is.

Not every game is for everybody. He’ll, I almost quit a unanimous GotY contender in Horizon Zero Dawn Judy because of how frustrating combat was. If you quit it, I don’t think you’ll miss out on much, especially if you haven’t played Ico.

Rudy
02-09-2018, 07:50 AM
My kids laughed at me when I was bitching about it since they had no problems. But after falling into the water for like the 10th time I rage quit lol. I did it this morning while they were sleeping so I'll have one of the urchins do it for me later. I think they have both beaten the 3rd boss and my son is actually interested too and was fighting the 4th. Snow day for the kids today!

CLW
02-16-2018, 12:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPTC5UwnhN8&t=0s

Time is running short for EA et al. and their pseudo-gambling pay-to-win scheme(s).

My advice would be they better slap an "A" rating or come up with a new one for 21 y.o. + and in the description indicate the game has gambling like aspects where a player can purchase spin the wheel of microtransaction luck.

Otherwise, the liberals are coming to regulate and you aren't going to like it when noone under 21 can even buy or even PLAY Madden.

JBHuskers
02-16-2018, 04:51 PM

It's a LOT more than just EA.

:fp:

CLW
02-16-2018, 07:58 PM

It's a LOT more than just EA.

:fp:

Indeed thus the "et al." ​in my previous post

Academic writing is full of little conventions that may seem opaque to the uninitiated. One of these is the Latin phrase et al., an abbreviation meaning “and others.” It is used to shorten lists of author names in text citations to make repeated referencing shorter and simpler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pele5vptVgc

jaymo76
02-24-2018, 11:57 AM
Very tempted to DL Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Any one it ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqcVwaJSxyw

cdj
02-24-2018, 01:17 PM
I was going to ask the same thing, jaymo. I had never heard of it until stumbling across it in the PS Store and noticing it in the Popular tab.

SmoothPancakes
02-24-2018, 01:34 PM
I actually bought it earlier this week because I kept seeing it pop up. Warning, it is a first person game, so if you have issues or problems playing first person view games, this probably won't work well.

Also, don't expect something on the level of Skyrim, the Witcher 3 visually (or probably gameplay wise). This was a crowd funded game by a small, roughly 100 person Czech studio, so the graphics aren't Triple A quality, but also not terrible.

As for mechanics, combat and controls, I can't speak about that yet as I only briefly played the beginning Thursday, I believe it was, but haven't been back on since, so I haven't been able to delve deeper into the game and combat.

I would say check out reviews and maybe watch a couple live streams first to make sure it looks like something that you'll enjoy playing.

I do like that it has a Skyrim type setup for skills. Henry (the main character), can't read at the beginning, you have to specifically visit a certain person and train to learn to read. You have to take care of your clothes and weapons as they will get dirty, torn or break down due to combat and wear and tear during the game. You can sharpen your weapons or pay to have them sharpened and level up your skills to better sharpen them by yourself. Stuff like that. There's a lot of skills you can level up Skyrim-style.

jaymo76
02-24-2018, 03:03 PM
I actually bought it earlier this week because I kept seeing it pop up. Warning, it is a first person game, so if you have issues or problems playing first person view games, this probably won't work well.

Also, don't expect something on the level of Skyrim, the Witcher 3 visually (or probably gameplay wise). This was a crowd funded game by a small, roughly 100 person Czech studio, so the graphics aren't Triple A quality, but also not terrible.

As for mechanics, combat and controls, I can't speak about that yet as I only briefly played the beginning Thursday, I believe it was, but haven't been back on since, so I haven't been able to delve deeper into the game and combat.

I would say check out reviews and maybe watch a couple live streams first to make sure it looks like something that you'll enjoy playing.

I do like that it has a Skyrim type setup for skills. Henry (the main character), can't read at the beginning, you have to specifically visit a certain person and train to learn to read. You have to take care of your clothes and weapons as they will get dirty, torn or break down due to combat and wear and tear during the game. You can sharpen your weapons or pay to have them sharpened and level up your skills to better sharpen them by yourself. Stuff like that. There's a lot of skills you can level up Skyrim-style.

I have heard that it's nicknamed "peasant simulator" as a lot of what you do is day-to-day stuff.

SmoothPancakes
02-24-2018, 03:36 PM
I have heard that it's nicknamed "peasant simulator" as a lot of what you do is day-to-day stuff.I can't say from first hand experience, again, since I've only played the very beginning. I haven't had the chance to get back online and delve deeper into the game due to trying to keep up with Olympic recordings on my DVR pretty much every day for the past two weeks.

It probably does have some truth to that nickname, as you are the son of a blacksmith in 1403 Bohemia. The description from Wikipedia:

The story takes place as war wracks Bohemia in 1403. On the orders of Hungarian king*Sigismund,*Cuman*mercenaries raid the mining village of*Skalitz, a major source of silver. One of the survivors of that massacre is Henry, the son of a blacksmith. Destitute and vengeful, Henry joins the service of Lord Radzig Kobyla, who leads a resistance movement against Sigismund's invasion. As Henry pursues justice for his murdered family, he becomes involved in an effort to restore Bohemia's rightful king and Sigismund's half-brother,*Wenceslaus IV, to the throne.

The game features branching quest lines and an*open world*environment which encourages emergent gameplay, and includes early*15th century*period-accurate weapons, clothing, combat techniques, and architecture recreated with the assistance of architects and historians.

So you're not some great knight or sword fighter at the start of the game, rather you have to practice your sword skills and level up and rank up your skills to improve as a warrior (or bard or thief, etc). Same with taking care of your weapons. You can either pay blacksmiths for weapon maintenance and to sharpen your swords and axes, or you can sharpen your own weapons to increase your skills in weapon and armor maintenance.

From what I've read, the skill system is very similar to Skyrim. So expect to do a a lot of practice, fighting or hacking your sword at dummies to improve your sword fighting skills, and similar actions for similar skills.

jaymo76
02-24-2018, 08:24 PM
I can't say from first hand experience, again, since I've only played the very beginning. I haven't had the chance to get back online and delve deeper into the game due to trying to keep up with Olympic recordings on my DVR pretty much every day for the past two weeks.

It probably does have some truth to that nickname, as you are the son of a blacksmith in 1403 Bohemia. The description from Wikipedia:

So you're not some great knight or sword fighter at the start of the game, rather you have to practice your sword skills and level up and rank up your skills to improve as a warrior (or bard or thief, etc). Same with taking care of your weapons. You can either pay blacksmiths for weapon maintenance and to sharpen your swords and axes, or you can sharpen your own weapons to increase your skills in weapon and armor maintenance.

From what I've read, the skill system is very similar to Skyrim. So expect to do a a lot of practice, fighting or hacking your sword at dummies to improve your sword fighting skills, and similar actions for similar skills.

Alright. I'm intrigued and I had some birthday money which I turned into a xbox giftcard. I'll try this badboy tonight after the kids are sleeping.

SmoothPancakes
02-24-2018, 08:30 PM
Alright. I'm intrigued and I had some birthday money which I turned into a xbox giftcard. I'll try this badboy tonight after the kids are sleeping.

Yeah, I mean I've enjoyed the very brief introduction I had with it earlier this week. It'll probably seem a little funky playing at first, due to being a crowd funded project vs a Triple A game, and being in first person view instead of third person, it takes some getting used to the controls. But I enjoyed what I did play so far and I'm pretty confident I'm going to enjoy the game as a whole, especially since it's a medieval setting. I'm viewing it almost like a first person peon/peasant in Crusader Kings II type role play, where you're going to be riding horses, fighting with swords and axes, wearing chain mail, armor suits, etc.

jaymo76
02-24-2018, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I mean I've enjoyed the very brief introduction I had with it earlier this week. It'll probably seem a little funky playing at first, due to being a crowd funded project vs a Triple A game, and being in first person view instead of third person, it takes some getting used to the controls. But I enjoyed what I did play so far and I'm pretty confident I'm going to enjoy the game as a whole, especially since it's a medieval setting. I'm viewing it almost like a first person peon/peasant in Crusader Kings II type role play, where you're going to be riding horses, fighting with swords and axes, wearing chain mail, armor suits, etc.

I'm not sure if I will be a good guy or a jerk. Good Samaritan or sleezy pickpocket? So many options. lol. The one thing I have heard over and over is... RUN AWAY! At least early on your fighting skills are terrible.

SmoothPancakes
02-24-2018, 08:47 PM
I'm not sure if I will be a good guy or a jerk. Good Samaritan or sleezy pickpocket? So many options. lol. The one thing I have heard over and over is... RUN AWAY! At least early on your fighting skills are terrible.

Yes! Your skills are terrible at the beginning. I highly suggest, when you first get to the point where you can train and learn sword fighting, train and practice as much and long as you can possibly stand to do so.

And yes, there are so many options to play. Play good, play evil, it's entirely up to you!

I also love how your actions can affect quests. Someone made a post elsewhere online, they had been thieving and got caught by a guard. So they proceeded to kill the guard. A little later, during a quest, they were supposed to run into that guard in a tavern and intervene in some sort of altercation or something. Instead, the guard wasn't there, and the NPCs in the quest shrug off his absence and assume vocally out loud that he has wandered off somewhere else at the moment. That is something awesome that many games fail to pull off. That I can kill a random guard during a random moment in the game, and have his absence (due to my murdering him) remarked upon by other NPCs later on in the game. The game can/will auto-correct it's quest lines to compensate for your actions.

jaymo76
02-25-2018, 01:54 PM
Holy crap! Lock picking is one of the toughest things I have done in a game. This Kingdom Deliverance lock picking is disgusting. Maybe it's that I am left handed but damn it's hard.

SmoothPancakes
02-25-2018, 09:15 PM
Holy crap! Lock picking is one of the toughest things I have done in a game. This Kingdom Deliverance lock picking is disgusting. Maybe it's that I am left handed but damn it's hard.Oh yeah! I forgot to warn you about that. Lockpicking on the consoles is extremely difficult, a lot more difficult than it is on PC. They're supposed to be making lockpicking easier in the next patch, though I don't recall seeing a specific date when that would be dropping.

JBHuskers
02-26-2018, 10:04 AM
Probably makes Elder Scrolls look like child's play when it comes to lockpicking from the sounds of it. I wanna play this game eventually.

souljahbill
05-04-2018, 07:46 PM
I’m JUST learning that this is a thing. I’m SO in.
https://youtu.be/TGfk_gWIzF0

bdoughty
05-08-2018, 07:26 AM
All this wait and we have two tennis games hitting this month. Just bought AO Tennis as it appears to be improved since launch and plan on the getting the other at the end of the month. Neither really looks great so far but right now beggars can't be choosers. I do like that AO Tennis allows to create and share players. So filling out a pro roster should be easy since it has been out for 5 months in Australia.

JBHuskers
05-10-2018, 11:44 AM
All this wait and we have two tennis games hitting this month. Just bought AO Tennis as it appears to be improved since launch and plan on the getting the other at the end of the month. Neither really looks great so far but right now beggars can't be choosers. I do like that AO Tennis allows to create and share players. So filling out a pro roster should be easy since it has been out for 5 months in Australia.

I saw the new releases and figured you'd be happy :D might get one if it goes on sale.

bdoughty
05-10-2018, 07:00 PM
I saw the new releases and figured you'd be happy :D might get one if it goes on sale.

Happy if the next one is good. AO Tennis is an abomination.

This was my review over on the Publishers forum and I rarely ever write reviews but this one was just so bad.

https://forum.bigant.com/showthread.php?tid=6250

bdoughty
05-17-2018, 06:55 AM
Normally I complain about Microsoft and the numerous controllers they seem to pump out, instead of exclusive games but this one is a bit different. Especially for someone like me who is disabled and progressively losing the function of my right hand (primary).

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/05/xbox-adaptive-controller-a-bold-answer-to-the-tricky-world-of-accessible-gaming/

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/xbox-adaptive-controller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfnmCUFxZwA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fcK19CAjWM

JBHuskers
05-17-2018, 09:55 AM
This is great...

bdoughty
05-23-2018, 04:20 AM
Two tennis games come out in the same month and it is possible that Tennis World Tour is even worse than AO Tennis. I might have the better of the two games. TWT was released in the US today with no online play. Something that would be arriving at a later date but just now on the day of the release mention it. Looks and sounds terrible. Just a bunch of one liners from McEnroe almost zero crowd noise. Gameplay looks nothing like Top Spin 4 which was their claim to fame, making the next Top Spin as they were some of the former devs on that series. Thankfully I was not tempted to waste $59.99 on this one.

Once again the upcoming Mario Tennis game will be the best of the bunch. :fp:

souljahbill
05-23-2018, 05:44 AM
Once again the upcoming Mario Tennis game will be the best of the bunch. :fp:

[emoji38]
Don’t you have a Switch? You should be good.

bdoughty
05-23-2018, 08:41 AM
Had a Switch for BOTW. Sold it after putting a couple hundred hours in the game. Never really been a Mario guy or platformer fan in general.

SmoothPancakes
05-23-2018, 12:00 PM
Well, that's depressing to hear. I was hoping TWT would finally be a tennis game worth buying.

JBHuskers
05-25-2018, 01:27 PM
Well, that's depressing to hear. I was hoping TWT would finally be a tennis game worth buying.

Now that golf is gone, maybe EA can pick up tennis again ;)

bdoughty
05-25-2018, 08:01 PM
Now that golf is gone, maybe EA can pick up tennis again ;)

No. Grand Slam Tennis 2 was an average game at best with a career mode that could be best described as moronic. You had to play or I guess simulate the first year on easy difficulty and there was no way to switch it. Progressively got harder each year but was a major oversight.

Now 2KSports on the other hand... Top Spin 5 would be a welcome addition. We can dream.

bdoughty
06-01-2018, 07:50 PM
Bought Tennis World Tour because a couple tennis gamers I follow on YT say the gameplay is much better after the patch. We shall see.

bdoughty
06-02-2018, 04:05 AM
Tennis games, my rundown so far.

Okay spent some descent time with Tennis World Tour last night and it is a safe thing for me to say that neither game is anywhere close the asking price. AO is $10 cheaper but they have gone through a bunch of patches since it was releases in Australia for the Aussie Open. The gameplay has not gotten better as of the last patch I played. A for effort but it falls too far flat where it matters and that is on the court gameplay. The ball moves too fast (there is an option on the newest patch to slow it down) and you hit the majority of your shots right on the lines, taking the majority of the court out of play. Shots feel scripted, like the wanted to show off how well their review system works by having so many shots near the back/side lines. They do get credit for having much better customization but what good is all the customization when the gameplay is still bad and the running animations are just horrible and you lose a bunch of points because a button does not register. None of the 5 or 6 cameras really grabbed me. Ball bounces the same on each court. Just a low effort on the courts and gameplay. Audio exists for the refs and everything else sounds like a deserted forest.

Tennis World Tour, even with as little as I have played, shows the most promise. It feels similar to Top Spin in many ways but even after the patch movement is wonky at times and running + swinging leaves for some really bad movements and missed/unregistered shots. It is easily the simulation of the two and has a bunch of stuff under the hood which I will go into when I get more time and start a career mode. They actually factor in how a surface impacts the ball. Not only that but they have those special surfaces like wood and carpet that you might remember from Top Spin. Weather and altitude affect your stamina. Tennis balls get rotated out and new balls are a wee bit more erratic for a game or so. Equipment has stats and you can change equipment, strings, etc to match your playstyle, alongside the actual leveling up of a player. They have clay get rustled up as you play on it and plan to add the sliding on clay in the next patch. The whole court is used and a prefect timed shot feels just right, in comparison to a defensive, weak hit or mistimed shot. Mistimed shots will lead to unforced errors but nothing excessive, playing with pros. Drop shot is not a gimme in this game from anywhere on the court like it is with AO tennis. The lob on the other hand is really deadly with the CPU player as they just stop almost every time I used it. Playing on the second of four difficulties so hopefully that gets better but should not be so bad even on this difficulty. random shot between the legs come out of nowhere for my player which is a bit of immersion breaker.

Audio on the courts has been improved and much better than AO but McEnroe's commentary consists of repeated one liners. Money that could of been better spent almost anywhere. It is so bad is is funny and then I just turned the announcing volume to 0 when it became unfunny.

The games is also not very stable. Game crashed on me 5 times when creating a character and their accessories. Very limited creation tools but not Rory Mcilroy/The Golf Club bad. They went the golf route in letting you buy a bunch of new equipment, clothes, etc. Not a bad selection unless your are wanting licensed stuff. Games also crashed on my twice when a match tried to start and only happened when using my created player. Game was obviously rushed to satisfy an agreement with Roland Garros and therefore online play and doubles are not in the game right now but are being added when it is released for realsies. They asked reviewers to hold off on reviewing it until this time which is in poor taste and also for the reviewers who waited. You send a reviewable copy out and is should be reviews. One reason there are so few reviews for it.

Where TWT has won me over so far is the actual swing/shot/timing mechanic feels close to the TS formula and while they only have three cameras to play with, one is called immersive and it is the best camera I have used in a Tennis game since one of the SNES games I cant remember the name of. It is close in, just the right height to see clearly over the net and also helps distract from some of the running issues and weak shots look less awkward close up.

Also Tennis World Tour only has five female players but one of those is like in the top five best things to ever some out of Canada.

https://i.imgur.com/v23ofLp.jpg

Verdict. Wait for more patches and a big price drop. Both should be ashamed of the quality they released the games in. I should be ashamed for my lack of willpower.

bdoughty
06-04-2018, 03:45 PM
I payed for 20% of a game. Translated from the links below.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/855297/tennis-world-tour-le-jeu-n-etait-termine-qu-a-20-a-quelques-semaines-de-sa-sortie.htm

https://www.lemonde.fr/pixels/article/2018/06/03/bigben-l-editeur-de-jeu-video-qui-aimerait-enfin-monter-en-gamme_5308944_4408996.html

"The quality of the game, we will surely talk about it , " slides a little embarrassed Alain Falc. The question was about the sales figures of Tennis World Tour , released Tuesday, May 26 on consoles. But the founder president of the publisher Bigben Interactive knows it well: between a 3/10 on Gamekult, a 9/20 on JeuxVideo.com and a "double fault / 10" in our columns, his last production took a reverse smashed criticism at its launch.

It remains to convince the players that the publisher can do anything other than poor quality productions. "The start was chaotic," he admits about Tennis World Tour , a project that was only 20% complete a few weeks before its release. However, he refused to push the latter to not lose the benefit of marketing campaigns already committed, and now plays the firefighter.

Tennis fans have fun, says Falc, and thanks to the dematerialized, the game will be constantly improved in the coming months, before a reissue refined next year. The CEO of Bigben is not cornered. "We put 500 000 pieces on the market but with many distributors who have no right of return, so we know we will be a beneficiary. "

A new Tennis World Tour is already planned for 2020-2021.

Sometimes honesty is not the best policy. Also far too many carts and only 20% of a horse, when talking about a Reissue for next year and a sequel. At least he says there will be future updates for this one. Still the best gameplay of the two games but I kinda want to punch this guy in the nuts. Then he brags about abusing distributors, profiting on their inability to return a game that is 20% complete, so add a followup kick to his nads. He is also French, so a third attack on his private parts is not uncalled for. ;)

Rudy
06-04-2018, 08:01 PM
Lol at 20%

souljahbill
06-05-2018, 08:24 AM
Lol at 20%

🤣

bdoughty
06-05-2018, 10:25 AM
It's sad but imagine if Activision or EA were that honest.

bdoughty
06-05-2018, 10:46 AM
Now the fun begins, calling MS to try and get a refund for both tennis games.

bdoughty
06-05-2018, 11:39 AM
For the first time I actually wanted an achievement to pop up on my Xbox. Got a refund of two games: 1,000,000 gamer points in one phone call. Supervisors were required, they brought up having to credit me for Kingdom Come which was another broken release game. I had to explain most of the above to get the refund on Tennis World Tour. The AO Tennis was a month old and they were not going to refund it until I remembered that I wrote a one star review for it a day after release. That turned the tables because it is the only time I had ever written a review for a game with my account on the Xbox Store.

souljahbill
06-05-2018, 12:02 PM
Wow! Impressive! I’m legit happy for you.

bdoughty
06-05-2018, 12:35 PM
Thanks, appreciate that. I honestly did not think I would get a refund on AO Tennis. Now I have money in my MS Wallet but nothing to buy. I am tempted to get get back into Elder Scrolls Online with the new DLC coming out today.

SmoothPancakes
06-05-2018, 01:25 PM
First, nice job getting them to actually refund you both games.

Second, I guess I can officially scratch both games off my list. I had already scratched AO Tennis but I had hopes for the second. Even if they finish making the damn game via updates and re-release it as a true full game next year, right now I wouldn't even buy the full game on re-release just because I'd feel like I was still rewarding those cunts for initially releasing a 20% finished game.

bdoughty
06-05-2018, 02:44 PM
First, nice job getting them to actually refund you both games.

Second, I guess I can officially scratch both games off my list. I had already scratched AO Tennis but I had hopes for the second. Even if they finish making the damn game via updates and re-release it as a true full game next year, right now I wouldn't even buy the full game on re-release just because I'd feel like I was still rewarding those cunts for initially releasing a 20% finished game.

That was my issue, I was rewarding them for shitty business practices. When I was was talking to MS I gave them my 2 cents about how they and Sony should have never let either game be released on their stores and when they do they should expect a bunch of refunds and not be such a PITA about giving refunds. I put just as much blame on Sony and MS for allowing companies to do this and still sell their products. Still think in the long run Tennis World Tour could be a solid game and I did enjoy the gameplay, for the most part, but I can't support a company like that.

Did buy the complete ESO package that includes all the expansions. 90GB download as it is XBX Enhanced. Still think I have a maxed character sitting out there but it may have been on the PS4, so looks like I start from scratch.

SmoothPancakes
06-05-2018, 02:59 PM
Yeah, letting those games on the store in that state is bullshit. Yes, games release all the time that aren't entirely finished (maybe 90% done with the rest added via patch, which is still crap) or buggy as hell, but at least you're getting the full game, not this 20% of a game shit where you might see the full 100% completed game a year from now. They should have just pushed the release date back and acknowledged that it wasn't anywhere near ready for release, rather than release what is essentially a goddamn Alpha version of the game.

How much for the complete ESO package? And how is it compared to the single player ES games?

bdoughty
06-05-2018, 04:10 PM
Yeah, letting those games on the store in that state is bullshit. Yes, games release all the time that aren't entirely finished (maybe 90% done with the rest added via patch, which is still crap) or buggy as hell, but at least you're getting the full game, not this 20% of a game shit where you might see the full 100% completed game a year from now. They should have just pushed the release date back and acknowledged that it wasn't anywhere near ready for release, rather than release what is essentially a goddamn Alpha version of the game.

How much for the complete ESO package? And how is it compared to the single player ES games?

The one I bought was $79.99 and had everything. All the old DLC's, Morrowind DLC and the new Summerset DLC.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/the-elder-scrolls-online-collection-prepurchase/bpxf8w0gr2c3

It's is an MMO that you can play single player for the most part. Way back when I played it I could do all the story by myself but stopped playing before all the DLC came out. There is content a solo player will be locked out of, certain dungeons/bosses require multiple players but I recall at least 90% of the game was solo-able and seems to stand today. One of the first DLC's (Imperial City) added PVP in the middle of Tamriel, though you will always have people running around when you are doing quests and they will help fight enemies as you progress. You will also have to deal with lag, since you have people running around all the time. The combat is a bit different as you will spend a ton of time using special combat moves (button presses) than just your standard ES combat of swinging and blocking, though it is still there. For me it is about the ES Lore. You get to play with all of the factions in all of Tamrirel. You still do plenty of Skyrim like stuff (crafting, smithing, etc) and the inventory system, items will all feel familiar to someone has played an ES game. It is really about if you are willing to deal with it being an MMO that is not solely focused on standard ES combat and all the people running around like crazy trying doing their own stuff, yet in the open area of the world interacting with what you are doing. Back when I played many of the quests were locked into playing solo or if you had a party. Not just random stragglers.

A good video I watched just to see what all has changed since i stopped playing. He is a bit goofy but knows his stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjnMl45vwsI

Combat explained by the same guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBcLZA7JfmQ

SmoothPancakes
06-05-2018, 04:18 PM
Sweet, I'll check those videos out. I've had a lot of fun with Skyrim over the years, originally on 360 and now on PS4. Never really got into the Elder Scrolls series until Skyrim, so even being a MMORPG, ESO has my interest to experience the entirety of Tamriel without having to go back and track down all of the older games.

SmoothPancakes
06-22-2018, 01:18 AM
Well I'll be damned. While I've managed a number of 1,000 GS video games over the years on Xbox 360 and Xbox One, I still have never achieved a platinum trophy on PS4, despite getting somewhat close a handful of times.

If I put the work in, I may be able to get as many as four platinum trophies over the next month or two.

I'll have all but a couple trophies in Vampyr once I finish this first playthrough I'm on and would only need a second playthrough for maybe two others.

I only have a handful of trophies left in MLB The Show 18. Just need to hit for the cycle, give up a home run to Aaron Judge and knock out a half dozen or so Road to the Show trophies.

Jurassic World Evolution has a pretty basic and easy trophy list that I should be able to get most or all with little to no effort just from playing and advancing through the game.

And while it'll likely take multiple playthroughs to get all trophies, Detroit: Become Human will be pretty easy to get most if not all trophies since it's a 100% single player story driven game, it's just a matter of picking the right options to unlock trophies.

steelerfan
06-22-2018, 02:27 AM
Play The Walking Dead. It's the only platinum trophy I've ever gotten (I could not care less about such things). All you have to do is finish the story and you get it.

I doubt there's an easier one out there (with the possible exception of cdj and JB having a sleepover and getting one in Hannah Montana).

souljahbill
06-22-2018, 04:28 AM
Play The Walking Dead. It's the only platinum trophy I've ever gotten (I could not care less about such things). All you have to do is finish the story and you get it.

I doubt there's an easier one out there (with the possible exception of cdj and JB having a sleepover and getting one in Hannah Montana).

I think every TellTale game is like that. I got 1,000 gamer score for playing through the Game of Thrones game on 360.

Rudy
06-22-2018, 04:46 AM
I have 3 platinums in my Sony lifetime now. Not easy!

JBHuskers
06-22-2018, 12:49 PM

I doubt there's an easier one out there (with the possible exception of cdj and JB having a sleepover and getting one in Hannah Montana).:D

That was a better game than some out there.

SmoothPancakes
06-22-2018, 02:15 PM
I completely forgot about that Hannah Montana game. :D

Thanks for the reminder Steeler!

bdoughty
06-22-2018, 06:59 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/22/ea-says-fair-is-the-number-one-thing-when-it-comes-to-loot-boxes

EA has stated it wants the economy to be "fair" in its games, which is why loot boxes have been done away with.

It was at the word "Fair" that I almost stopped reading the article as tears rolled down my eyes from the laughter.

You have to look at it from the perspective of what's fair. Fair is the number one thing. When you buy a product from us, you should get full value for the money you spend."

That is the use of Fair for the third time and we are only on paragraph number three.

"There should be a fair game economy in the game so you can't pay to win,"

There is number four. So you are going to stop selling card packs for MUT and FUT? That is only fair as it is obviously a pay to win scheme.

bdoughty
06-27-2018, 04:55 PM
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-27-sony-confident-it-will-deliver-a-ps4-cross-play-solution

"We're hearing it. We're looking at a lot of the possibilities. You can imagine that the circumstances around that affect a lot more than just one game. I'm confident we'll get to a solution which will be understood and accepted by our gaming community, while at the same time supporting our business."

We hear you and we shall continue to think of the children and the children of our shareholders.

I can see their point as the market leader but it's not what is best for their community and it can start taking a toll on what is best for their business. This is the same company that does not allow you to change your PSN ID.

bdoughty
06-28-2018, 06:26 PM
https://kotaku.com/sources-google-is-planning-a-game-platform-that-could-1827217387/amp

Sources: Google Is Planning A Game Platform That Could Take On Xbox And PlayStation

https://i.imgur.com/GEg29Qf.jpg

Rudy
06-29-2018, 06:15 AM
I am still very sceptical of streaming services for AAA games. Bandwidth is still a problem.

Rudy
07-16-2018, 09:18 AM
Fired up Heavy Rain this morning and they do a terrible job of getting you interested in the game. Detroit throws you right into an awesome scene and then slows it down as you learn the characters and controls. But the first scene hooks you right away. HR has you shower and wander around your house. I’m not a fan of the L2 thought button or having to hold R2 to walk instead of just using your joystick. The graphics are PS3 and it’s tough to go back from Detroit which looks fantastic. I will give it another chance but hopefully it picks up.

souljahbill
07-16-2018, 10:01 AM
Fired up Heavy Rain this morning and they do a terrible job of getting you interested in the game. Detroit throws you right into an awesome scene and then slows it down as you learn the characters and controls. But the first scene hooks you right away. HR has you shower and wander around your house. I’m not a fan of the L2 thought button or having to hold R2 to walk instead of just using your joystick. The graphics are PS3 and it’s tough to go back from Detroit which looks fantastic. I will give it another chance but hopefully it picks up.

If you’ve never played Heavy Rain, just power through. You won’t regret it.

Rudy
07-18-2018, 07:19 AM
The first hour of Heavy Rain has to be the most boring and tedious hour of any video game I’ve ever played. this was a horrible start after finishing Detroit Become Human. Finally got to the next character. This better pick up.

The detective and FBI are better. Ethan chapters so boring though. Wish I could skip.

bdoughty
07-18-2018, 09:08 AM
The first hour of Heavy Rain has to be the most boring and tedious hour of any video game I’ve ever played. this was a horrible start after finishing Detroit Become Human. Finally got to the next character. This better pick up.

The detective and FBI are better. Ethan chapters so boring though. Wish I could skip.

Pretty much. It does get better but not much. I actually preferred their original game Indigo Prophecy aka Fahrenheit in the rest of the world.

https://i.imgur.com/mM6Qf18.jpg

Rudy
07-18-2018, 09:40 AM
This game is on a short leash. The Jason scene did not move me at all. I just wanted it to end.