PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Basketball 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

CLW
11-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Well the season has now officially tipped off with Rhode Island taking on #4 Pitt. I am a HUGE College Hoops fan. Hopefully, some of you guys are too and we can discuss college hoops as the season progresses.

Right now, I'd go with a Final 4 of: Duke; Michigan State; Kansas State and Baylor.

cdj
11-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Nice to see the season officially underway. Was I living under a rock or was the start of the season not marketed or promoted very well?

CLW
11-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Nice to see the season officially underway. Was I living under a rock or was the start of the season not marketed or promoted very well?

LOL its college hoops the game is NEVER marketed/promoted until late February/March.

cdj
11-08-2010, 06:39 PM
:D Good point. I always thought there was a little hype around the start of the season, but I sure didn't know the season started tonight until a couple hours ago. :(

SmoothPancakes
11-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Those sons of bitches. They dumped Navy-Texas on ESPNU. Can't even watch it on ESPN3 now. :(

CLW
11-08-2010, 08:19 PM
:D Good point. I always thought there was a little hype around the start of the season, but I sure didn't know the season started tonight until a couple hours ago. :(

ESPN will probably hype the hell out of the Pre-Season #1 Duke v. #2 Michigan St. matchup in Dec. esp if the teams are still #1 and #2 at that point.

Those sons of bitches. They dumped Navy-Texas on ESPNU. Can't even watch it on ESPN3 now. :(

Yeah 2 games on The U tonight and IL on 3. Navy looks sloppy early and is fouling quite a bit as Texas is clearly superior in terms of just pure athleticism.

HWill
11-08-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm sure Tennessee fans weren't expecting this: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5782664&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5782664

jaymo76
11-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Out of curiosity, anyone working on PS3 rosters for NCAA Basketball 10? I would love to get a new roster but that sort of thing is way out of my league.

Kingpin32
11-09-2010, 01:18 AM
College basketball always make me pull out my College Hoops. I've wanted to get NCAA Basketball, but the fact that they're still charging full price for it has turned me off to getting it.

CLW
11-09-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm sure Tennessee fans weren't expecting this: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5782664&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5782664

This is happening with more regularity now. Cuse fell to some school I had never heard of (on two occassions I believe). Tenn has been in a whirlwind of controversy with Pearl and the NCAA investigation. He could very easily lose that team and they could never recover.

Out of curiosity, anyone working on PS3 rosters for NCAA Basketball 10? I would love to get a new roster but that sort of thing is way out of my league.

I checked at OS and it doesn't look like anyone is doing it. Apparently, you cannot edit a players class (Fr, Soph, Jr, Sr) making roster editing a pain. I thought 10 wasn't that bad but its still not up to snuff with 2K8.

College basketball always make me pull out my College Hoops. I've wanted to get NCAA Basketball, but the fact that they're still charging full price for it has turned me off to getting it.

Yeah I love 2K8. Found a decent roster set the other day and started a new Legacy.

JBHuskers
11-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Yeeeeah excited for Nebraska Basket....oh.

Next year the only two major conference schools to never win a tourney game will be in the same conference (Nebraska & Northwestern)

CLW
11-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Yeeeeah excited for Nebraska Basket....oh.

Next year the only two major conference schools to never win a tourney game will be in the same conference (Nebraska & Northwestern)

Nebraska should be a little improved from last year and have a shot at making the NIT.

morsdraconis
11-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Plus they play the shitty Big Ten. I'm sure that'll help a little bit. ;)

CLW
11-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Plus they play the shitty Big Ten. I'm sure that'll help a little bit. ;)

LOL I used to diss the Big Ten too b/c the ACC always won the "Challenge". However, this year that Conference is pretty damn tough with 5 Top 25 clubs (including 3 Top 10)

psuexv
11-09-2010, 03:12 PM
LOL I used to diss the Big Ten too b/c the ACC always won the "Challenge". However, this year that Conference is pretty damn tough with 5 Top 25 clubs (including 3 Top 10)

People can diss the Big Ten all they want. But there is almost always a Big Ten team in the Final Four or Finals. The Big East can't say that.

CLW
11-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Maryland survived a scare from College of Charleston last night needing a score with 3 seconds remaining for a 1 point victory.

jaymo76
11-14-2010, 11:46 AM
I tried to watch that Minnesota game last night on BIG 10 NETWORK. It was like watching a 1950's broadcast. I'm pretty sure the announcers weren't even in the building. If you want to showcase your product, do it right or don't do it at all.

HWill
11-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Anyone planning on watching any (if not all) of the 24-hour marathon this coming week? I know everyone is looking forward to the Stony Brook-Monmouth game at 6 a.m. :rolleyes:

JBHuskers
11-14-2010, 02:29 PM
Anyone planning on watching any (if not all) of the 24-hour marathon this coming week? I know everyone is looking forward to the Stony Brook-Monmouth game at 6 a.m. :rolleyes:

My alarm is set.

CLW
11-15-2010, 06:09 AM

LOL I'm a freak, I literally watch just about any game if I am home and have access to the t.v.

Duke looked really good last night blowing out what could be a NCAA tourny team in Princeton. If the Plumlees/Kelly develop into even remotely decent options in the post, Duke could become the best college hoops team in the past 10-15 years.

SmoothPancakes
11-15-2010, 02:44 PM
LOL I'm a freak, I literally watch just about any game if I am home and have access to the t.v.

Duke looked really good last night blowing out what could be a NCAA tourny team in Princeton. If the Plumlees/Kelly develop into even remotely decent options in the post, Duke could become the best college hoops team in the past 10-15 years.

Same here. And even then, the games that I can't watch due to having to work, ESPN3 baby. :D I love the 24 hour marathon.

CLW
11-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Same here. And even then, the games that I can't watch due to having to work, ESPN3 baby. :D I love the 24 hour marathon.

Fortunately, I have to fly tomorrow for a business trip. Normally, I'm not that happy with work trips as I do them often. I have like 200,000 frequent flyer miles and 300,000 Marriott Rewards points. However, I actually planned my trip so that I could be at the hotel in time for the Va Tech K State tip.

SmoothPancakes
11-16-2010, 01:00 AM
This Miami (FL) at Memphis game has turned out to be a really good game. Tied up 59-59 with 6 minutes left. And for some reason, I'm really looking forward to the St. John's at Saint Mary's game here in a few minutes.

Kingpin32
11-16-2010, 01:22 AM
This Miami Memphis game is going down to the wire. 69-68 with 18 seconds left.

Kingpin32
11-16-2010, 01:25 AM
I wish Miami would've taken a better shot than that last one they just took.

SmoothPancakes
11-16-2010, 01:27 AM
Yeah, they still had plenty of time on the clock. Just needed to get the ball to someone with a better look at the basket instead of trying to take that shot. But, Memphis survives the upset bid and claims the 73-68 win. A hell of an opening game to the Tip-Off Marathon. Hope St. John's-Saint Mary's is this good.

Kingpin32
11-16-2010, 01:45 AM
It's looking to be that way right now. If they keep showing good games through the night, I may not be going to my 8am class tomorrow.

SmoothPancakes
11-16-2010, 02:57 AM
Yeah, I'm also looking forward to Central Michigan-Hawaii just to watch this Trey Zeigler kid in action. May not be a marquee game with these two teams, but should still be a fun game to watch.

SmoothPancakes
11-16-2010, 03:29 AM
And St. Mary's gets the 76-71 win over St. John's in game number two. Not quite the down to the wire barn burner that Miami (FL)-Memphis was, but still a good game. Now to settle in for this Central Michigan-Hawaii game and watch the hype about Trey Zeigler in the flesh.

CLW
11-16-2010, 05:58 AM
I really thought before the season Miami could be allot better than people were thinking. They looked like a tourny team to me last night even though they came up short.

SmoothPancakes
11-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Ahh, finally home from work and can actually watch on TV again as opposed to a computer. Man these have been some GREAT games. Almost every single game going down to the wire and being decided by a couple of points, including the OT thriller between Northeastern and Southern Illinois. Even the Oral Roberts-Tulsa game just a little bit ago was a good game, even if it ended up as a 15 point margin of victory.

CLW
11-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Ohio St. impressed me with the 2nd Half beat down of the Gators. However, it could be that Florida is way overrated. Time will tell but Ohio St. looks to be joining the discussion along with Duke and Mich St. as the main title contenders.

cdj
11-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Nebraska laid an egg against Vanderbilt, going the last 7:49 without a field goal. They play Davidson tomorrow.

JBHuskers
11-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Nebraska laid an egg against Vanderbilt, going the last 7:49 without a field goal. They play Davidson tomorrow.

:smh:

CLW
11-18-2010, 04:38 PM

:smh:

Not an AWFUL performance as Vandy may become a borderline Top 25 club.

0/10 from 3 and 13/23 from the free throw line won't get it done though.

morsdraconis
11-19-2010, 01:10 AM
Interesting to see what happens with WVU vs Vandy tomorrow. Should be interesting.

cdj
11-19-2010, 07:28 AM

Not awful, but it is SOP for Nebraska in the last 10 years, under both coaches we had in that timespan. Offensive struggles and/or a long drought always kill us versus average and better competition.

JBHuskers
11-19-2010, 08:52 AM

I thought Vandy was picked 5th out of 6 in their division?

CLW
11-19-2010, 09:48 AM
I thought Vandy was picked 5th out of 6 in their division?

They probably are/were. However, the SEC East is loaded. Just about every club in that division is a Top 25 calliber team.

This Week's AP Poll:

#9 Florida; #12 Kentucky; #24 Tennessee; #29 Georgia; #35 Vanderbilt

You finish 5th there and that isn't all that bad. Vandy (barring some unforeseen collapse) will make the dance and could jump Georgia and/or Tenn during the season to sneak into the 20-25 range.

JBHuskers
11-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Huskers down 8 with about 6:00 to go against an average Davidson team....they're not supposed to give me a headache until the conference season :smh:

morsdraconis
11-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Wow, way to go UNC. Lose to a shitty Minnesota team so you don't even have to play WVU... Lamers...

cdj
11-20-2010, 12:32 AM
Doesn't Minnesota usually start off well under Tubby and then struggle in the Big 10, but sneak into the postseason? I think they just stayed on script. That has to be frustrating...as a WVU fan, that's who you want in the championship.

morsdraconis
11-20-2010, 01:07 AM
Fuck that, I want WVU to show everyone that UNC isn't going to be any good this year either and that the Big East is still the premier conference in the league. WVU beating Minnesota doesn't prove anything besides the fact that Tubby is still a shitty coach.

JeffHCross
11-20-2010, 12:02 PM
I just enjoy that you made it sound like UNC purposefully lost to duck the 'eers.

morsdraconis
11-20-2010, 12:16 PM
I just enjoy that you made it sound like UNC purposefully lost to duck the 'eers.

Well, of course. ;)

CLW
11-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Lol I was cracking up when the Cameron Crazies were chanting Minnesota! and "Go to Hell Carolina! Go to Hell!" While Duke was cruising against Colgate.

UNC isn't back. Roy can ONLY play one style and he still lacks an elite/speedy PG to run the break.

CLW
11-22-2010, 05:53 AM
Carolina looks like they could be in trouble early falling to Vandy.

Minnesota looks pretty good with a win over WVA.

morsdraconis
11-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Minnesota looks pretty good with a win over WVA.

Yeah. I didn't get to watch the game (was at work) but from what I understand, WVU had quite a few chances to win that one and blew it. It's unfortunate that we lost, but we definitely have a scorer in Casey Mitchell. Dude is exploding for us and finally playing up to his potential from his Junior college player of the year hype.

CLW
11-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Yeah. I didn't get to watch the game (was at work) but from what I understand, WVU had quite a few chances to win that one and blew it. It's unfortunate that we lost, but we definitely have a scorer in Casey Mitchell. Dude is exploding for us and finally playing up to his potential from his Junior college player of the year hype.

Saw the game and it DEFINITELY could have gone either way. WVA will be fine. I don't think they are nearly as good as they were last season but a Sweet 16 isn't out of the possibility.

SmoothPancakes
11-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Ugh. A horrible, horrible basketball season so far. Denver still trying to get their first win, sitting at 0-4, and Navy dropped their 3rd straight yesterday to fall to 1-5. It's gonna be a long season. :(

CLW
11-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Ugh. A horrible, horrible basketball season so far. Denver still trying to get their first win, sitting at 0-4, and Navy dropped their 3rd straight yesterday to fall to 1-5. It's gonna be a long season. :(

I'm pretty happy with how the season looks.

"They knocked the living piss out of us," "If there's a team better than they are, I don't want to play them."

:Duke:

:nod:

JBHuskers
12-01-2010, 09:18 AM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2010/12/500x_2010-11-30_21-49-05_105.jpg

Telestrator FTW

CLW
12-04-2010, 05:54 AM
Intially here is my take on the season thus far:

#1 - Duke looks to be clearly head and shoulders above everyone else. The "media hype" is that they could runt he table. I don't think that will happen. Winning 40 something games in a row in this day in age is nearly impossible and Duke still has a ton of tough road environments to negotiate (UNC, Maryland, VT, FSU). Duke will likely lose 1-2 games in the regular season but they might be the best team college basketball has seen in the last 10-15 seasons.

#2 - After Duke, there are 3-5 teams who I could also see cutting down the nets should Duke fall in the tourny. Ohio State, Kansas, Baylor, Pitt and Michigan State all look capable but all still have some pretty decent sized flaws to work on. It will be interesting to see how Kansas adjusts once they get Selby into the mix.

#3 - Will Enes Cater become elligble? Kentucky is now going with the "Cam Newton Defense". I was PISSED beyond belief at the NCAA decision on Newton b/c it makes ZERO sense and flies in the face of the rules. Now ANY recruit can say "My parents did it and I didn't know". If the NCAA lets Enes play Kentucky could become a dangerous club as well.

HWill
12-08-2010, 11:07 AM
This is huge for College Basketball: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5898231

morsdraconis
12-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Meh, it still won't mean much. Might make for interesting television when it comes to possible March Madness matchups, but, other then that, it's really not to terribly interesting truthfully.

HWill
12-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Meh, it still won't mean much. Might make for interesting television when it comes to possible March Madness matchups, but, other then that, it's really not to terribly interesting truthfully.

College basketball needed something like this. It's finally a way to open the season with a bang. There were many who didn't even know the season started when it did. I think having four big-name programs play in one of the most well-known venues in sports is very interesting. I'll watch it, for sure.

CLW
12-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Kyrie Irving is out indefinitely with a toe ligament injury. It will be interesting to see how Duke responds w/o the best PG in the country.

SmoothPancakes
12-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Congrats to the Golden Grizzlies of Oakland, Michigan! Three nights after falling 77-76 to the then 7th ranked Michigan State Spartans, Oakland this time gets the job done with a 89-82 win over the 7th ranked Tennessee Volunteers. They've played a hell of a schedule so far, playing Purdue, Illinois, Michigan State and now Tennessee, with a game against #2 Ohio State still to come on the 23rd. Glad to see the guys from Oakland County, Michigan finally get the upset done.

morsdraconis
12-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Yay! RPI points for WVU, who kicked the crap out of them the first game of the season.

CLW
12-16-2010, 03:49 PM
I've watched a TON of hoops and really noone (other than Duke, Ohio St. and Kansas) strikes me as very strong clubs.

SmoothPancakes
12-18-2010, 12:46 AM
Ok, so maybe Tennessee just plain sucks after all. Tennessee loses to an unranked mid-major for the second game in a row, falling to Charlotte tonight 49-48.

CLW
12-18-2010, 06:10 AM
Ok, so maybe Tennessee just plain sucks after all. Tennessee loses to an unranked mid-major for the second game in a row, falling to Charlotte tonight 49-48.

Yeah they are NOT very good. I've seen about 30 teams play this year and it is definitely a DOWN year.

IF (not looking good at this point) Kyrie Irving returns to Duke and is anywhere near 100% there is NOONE that can defeat Duke. Even w/o Kyrie Duke probably has about a 1/4 shot of running the regular season table and would still be the favorite to cut down the nets in March.

SmoothPancakes
01-14-2011, 02:36 AM
I just saw a Sportscenter highlight of Oregon's new court. Good God! What is it with Oregon and these fashion abortions that they call courts and uniforms?

morsdraconis
01-14-2011, 04:26 AM
And Dooooke looks just as plain as the rest of the country after losing to a shitty Florida State team. Thank god for March Madness.

CLW
01-14-2011, 05:43 AM
And Dooooke looks just as plain as the rest of the country after losing to a shitty Florida State team. Thank god for March Madness.

They had a bad shooting night and the Plumlees production has fallen off since the loss of Irving. However, without Kyrie I agree that they are certainly beatable in the tourny.

JBHuskers
01-25-2011, 08:51 AM
The Duke Bench Is Sad, Possibly Possessed (http://deadspin.com/5742645/) :D :D

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2011/01/500x_img_3152.jpg

CLW
01-25-2011, 09:30 AM
The Duke Bench Is Sad, Possibly Possessed (http://deadspin.com/5742645/) :D :D

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2011/01/500x_img_3152.jpg

LMAO I suppose it could be worse. You could have a player quit literally during the middle of a game.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/West-Virginia-forward-walks-out-on-team-in-the-m?urn=ncaab-311354

JBHuskers
01-25-2011, 10:21 AM
That chick is just SCARY LOL

morsdraconis
01-25-2011, 11:47 AM
WVU is just falling apart. Casey Mitchell (our leading scorer) has been suspended again for undisclosed team reasons (aka, he's a fuckin' whiner that looks like someone kicked his dog every time he fucks up and gets taken out of the game).

HWill
01-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Jerry Palm says this year's Auburn Tigers could be one of the worst college hoops teams in major conference history. (http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/auburn-is-worst-team-ever-in-a-major-conference-29439)

JBHuskers
01-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Jerry Palm says this year's Auburn Tigers could be one of the worst college hoops teams in major conference history. (http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/auburn-is-worst-team-ever-in-a-major-conference-29439)

wow lol

whenever that RPI was posted, Auburn has moved way up to 151, right below Nebraska :D

oh wait...that link on the article is to last years :smh:

JBHuskers
01-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Auburn's RPI now is 309 .... WOW that is just horrible.

Nebraska 107 :)) SoS 194 :smh:

CLW
01-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Wake Forest is also REALLY bad. I'm not sure which team is worse and I have seen both Auburn and Wake play.

JBHuskers
01-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Jimmer Fredette is filthy.

JBHuskers
01-27-2011, 03:02 PM
http://6.media.sportspickle.cvcdn.com/71/38/2576e21c392a7b4adba9eeba1e6690b7.jpg
http://8.media.sportspickle.cvcdn.com/97/77/6a80aeee25259a06f9e007786aae4e9c.jpg

CLW
01-28-2011, 10:07 AM
http://6.media.sportspickle.cvcdn.com/71/38/2576e21c392a7b4adba9eeba1e6690b7.jpg
http://8.media.sportspickle.cvcdn.com/97/77/6a80aeee25259a06f9e007786aae4e9c.jpg

LMAO - but apparently there is an exception to all those rules if you defeat Duke. I swear every Duke road bball loss (outside of UNC) the past 5 years has ended with a storming of the court (even if the opponent was ranked).

JBHuskers
01-28-2011, 10:10 AM
When I was in college we would storm the court for almost any win :D I remember an Iowa State game when they were maybe 3rd in the nation, we stormed the court, but oh wait for some reason the game wasn't over, they hit a shot to force OT and we lose LOL I think CDJ and I actually were shown on Sportscenter in the crowd for that gaff.

CLW
01-28-2011, 11:31 AM
When I was in college we would storm the court for almost any win :D I remember an Iowa State game when they were maybe 3rd in the nation, we stormed the court, but oh wait for some reason the game wasn't over, they hit a shot to force OT and we lose LOL I think CDJ and I actually were shown on Sportscenter in the crowd for that gaff.

LMAO so you guys are the Free Shoes fans of the Big XII and soon to be Big 10?

JBHuskers
01-28-2011, 11:54 AM
LMAO so you guys are the Free Shoes fans of the Big XII and soon to be Big 10?

That was back in 2000/2001, not sure how our students are now a days with court storming....we really haven't had a reason to storm the court the past few years :D

CLW
01-28-2011, 12:00 PM
That was back in 2000/2001, not sure how our students are now a days with court storming....we really haven't had a reason to storm the court the past few years :D

Yeah "I get" the whole storm the field/cout thing. IMHO though it just screams that a team's own fanbase doesn't believe their program is legit and it was a fluke that they won. I'd be pissed if I were a D1 athlete and just beat a great team and the fans stormed the court/field to celebrate.

JBHuskers
01-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Yeah "I get" the whole storm the field/cout thing. IMHO though it just screams that a team's own fanbase doesn't believe their program is legit and it was a fluke that they won. I'd be pissed if I were a D1 athlete and just beat a great team and the fans stormed the court/field to celebrate.

Well we're talking about Nebraska Basketball here....

CLW
01-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Well we're talking about Nebraska Basketball here....

A "BCS" Program that is currently probably one of the top 40 teams in the country. In fact they are currently the 11th best defense in the country.

http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Nebraska

Now if it were say SIU-Edwardsville that defeated Duke it would be one thing. But if you beat someone in your own conference and/or you are a team in a "power conference" there is really ZERO reason to rush the court after defeating an opponent at home.

JBHuskers
01-28-2011, 02:28 PM
A "BCS" Program that is currently probably one of the top 40 teams in the country. In fact they are currently the 11th best defense in the country.

http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Nebraska

Now if it were say SIU-Edwardsville that defeated Duke it would be one thing. But if you beat someone in your own conference and/or you are a team in a "power conference" there is really ZERO reason to rush the court after defeating an opponent at home.

Don't forget one of two major conference schools to never win a tournament game.

CLW
01-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Don't forget one of two major conference schools to never win a tournament game.

lol a Northwestern fan would probably say it's better to have been to the Big Dance 6 times than to have never been at all.

JBHuskers
01-28-2011, 03:11 PM
lol a Northwestern fan would probably say it's better to have been to the Big Dance 6 times than to have never been at all.

I think we've only been twice.

CLW
01-28-2011, 03:38 PM
I think we've only been twice.

1986; 1991; 1992; 1993; 1994; 1998

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/history?team1Id=6840

JBHuskers
01-28-2011, 03:42 PM
1986; 1991; 1992; 1993; 1994; 1998

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/history?team1Id=6840

Feels like twice since I was a senior in high school the last time we went :D

CLW
01-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Feels like twice since I was a senior in high school the last time we went :D

Oh come on now you don't remember that 1991 squad that was a 3 Seed that got knocked out by 14 seed Xavier 84-89?

CLW
01-29-2011, 05:08 PM
LMAO did you guys storm the court today?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=310290158

JBHuskers
01-29-2011, 09:46 PM
LMAO did you guys storm the court today?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=310290158

It wouldn't surprise me if we did.

CLW
01-30-2011, 03:33 PM
LMAO and Duke loses on the road again and yes another storming of the court. I DEFY anyone to find footage of a Duke road Loss that doesn't end in a storming of the court OTHER THAN NORTH CAROLINA.

morsdraconis
01-30-2011, 03:49 PM
LMAO and Duke loses on the road again and yes another storming of the court. I DEFY anyone to find footage of a Duke road Loss that doesn't end in a storming of the court OTHER THAN NORTH CAROLINA.

When WVU kicked your ass in the tournament year before last?

JeffHCross
01-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Yeah "I get" the whole storm the field/cout thing. IMHO though it just screams that a team's own fanbase doesn't believe their program is legit and it was a fluke that they won. I'd be pissed if I were a D1 athlete and just beat a great team and the fans stormed the court/field to celebrate.So if Duke football were to beat a ranked ACC team, you would think the Duke football players would be pissed if the fans stormed the field? I would think that would show the fans cared about the team, and that would outweigh any feeling of "act like you've been there". The team would want to celebrate it just as much as the fans.

I can understand both viewpoints regarding storming the field/court. There's a reason to act like you've been there, yes; but there's also a reason to celebrate, depending on the importance of the victory. Ohio State students stormed the field twice, that I can think of, which I was at the school. Both were for victories over Michigan that resulted in trips to the National Championship game. Those of us that were there also almost stormed the field in Ann Arbor in 2005 because we'd just won a very close game against a very hated rival.

Duke's a team that everyone is going to target ... it doesn't surprise me in the least that fans storm the court when they beat the Blue Devils. For one thing, it's not like Duke ever goes down without a fight, so most games are exciting and close.

The only thing that would ever shock me about a Duke loss being stormed is if it was to North Carolina ... unless some kind of Championship was on the line, or UNC was really, really bad that year.

When WVU kicked your ass in the tournament year before last?Tournament is not Road Loss.

morsdraconis
01-30-2011, 04:02 PM
Tournament is not Road Loss.

Well it certainly wasn't at Duke's place. Constitutes a road loss in my book.

JeffHCross
01-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Well it certainly wasn't at Duke's place. Constitutes a road loss in my book.Yeah, 'cause West Virginia fans are equally likely to storm the court in Lucas Oil Stadium as they are in Morgantown. :rolleyes: You knew that wasn't what he meant.

CLW
01-30-2011, 07:09 PM
When WVU kicked your ass in the tournament year before last?

A road loss = at your opponent's home gym/field. A neutral site L is not a L "on the road" as neither team has the home court/field advantage. Seems someone is bitter from the "road loss" they received in Indy last year by the tune of 78-57. I don't recall the Duke fans storming the court that night or the following victory when they cut down the nets.

So if Duke football were to beat a ranked ACC team, you would think the Duke football players would be pissed if the fans stormed the field?

I would hope they would be b/c the only way you are going to get to that "next level" is if you start acting like wins against ranked/ "big name" opponents is EXPECTED when they come to your place. If you act like a bunch of idiots then you NEVER will make it to the program you just defeated's level.

Storming the court/field does nothing other than say "our program is a joke" / "we shouldn't have won this game but we got lucky".

St. John's played VERY WELL today and instead of just cheering the team in the stands they have to cheapen the team's effort by storming the court just so they can get on t.v. and say hey look "we beat Duke when we shouldn't have".

SmoothPancakes
01-30-2011, 08:22 PM
Eh, most of them are just a bunch of dumbass, drunk college kids. I say let them storm the court and enjoy it. It's not like they'll get many opportunities to do it during their time in college, at least not against teams like Duke.

JBHuskers
01-31-2011, 10:18 AM

I know Nebraska would storm the court ;)

CLW
01-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Eh, most of them are just a bunch of dumbass, drunk college kids. I say let them storm the court and enjoy it. It's not like they'll get many opportunities to do it during their time in college, at least not against teams like Duke.

Yeah until someone gets seriously injured and/or killed (another seldom talked about potential hazard of storming). I wouldn't care if its the idiot(s) rushing the court and hanging from the rim/goal post that falls and hurts/kills himself/herself. However, when its a student/fan in the stands that gets trampled or one of the athletes its another thing. One day one of the fans is going to take a shot at one of the other team's athletes and if the athlete isn't paying attention they are going to get injured/hurt and possibly badly.

One of the FEW things I like about the SEC is the fine they issue to schools for rushing the court/field. I would LOVE a $1,000,000.00 fine against the home team's school per incident AND a post season BAN from play for that season for any school that has a field/court storming. You make the penalty that stiff and I GUARANTEE you would NEVER see a storming again.

I know Nebraska would storm the court ;)

Thus why Nebraska is NEVER going to develop into a top program. Nebraska has all the potential to be a great basketball school/program. (1) They play in a "BCS"/"power" conference; (2) They certainly have the $/resources; (3) they have a rabid college (football) fan base. They simply need the right Coach and attitude to develop into a serious college basketball program.

JBHuskers
01-31-2011, 11:44 AM
I think this year is somewhat of a turn around. We've hung with Missouri and Kansas on the road, and beat A&M at home. I'm pretty happy with the team so far. I like Doc Sadler, but he does need to produce this year or next.

CLW
01-31-2011, 01:26 PM
I think this year is somewhat of a turn around. We've hung with Missouri and Kansas on the road, and beat A&M at home. I'm pretty happy with the team so far. I like Doc Sadler, but he does need to produce this year or next.

IMHO, too many times schools/fans want instant results from a new coach. IF Coach K were starting at Duke now, I'm not sure he survives after his 1st 3 seasons at Duke in today's environment.

Right now, Nebraska is playing some of the best defense in college basketball. In fact, as of today they are playing BETTER defense than Duke which prides itself on defense.

Nebraska isn't putting up the points b/c quite frankly they don't have "the studs". However, it looks to me that the Cornhuskers team is playing HARD for their Coach and it only takes a year or two of some decent success before some more gifted players give Nebraska a shot (especially with the move to a "better" bball confernce in the Big 10) and then the next thing you know you have 4 banners hanging up in the rafters and they start comparing Sadler to K. ;)

JBHuskers
01-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Nebraska has six votes in the coaches poll too :D

CLW
01-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Nebraska has six votes in the coaches poll too :D

LOL I've seen the Huskers play 2 games I think this year and they are VERY respectable. LMAO and they certainly haven't layed an egg as badly as my team did yesterday in MSG. :smh:

JBHuskers
01-31-2011, 08:14 PM
LOL I've seen the Huskers play 2 games I think this year and they are VERY respectable. LMAO and they certainly haven't layed an egg as badly as my team did yesterday in MSG. :smh:

FYI, I heard on local talk radio as I was driving through the ice and snow home, yes....we did storm the court :D :D :D :smh:

CLW
02-03-2011, 08:08 PM
LMAO I have OFFICIALLY seen it all now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Disgusted-Carolina-Tar-Heel-Fans-loyalty-your-team-/320651828683?pt=US_NCAA_Fan_Shop&hash=item4aa8569dcb#ht_1346wt_52

JBHuskers
02-04-2011, 10:04 AM
LMAO I have OFFICIALLY seen it all now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Disgusted-Carolina-Tar-Heel-Fans-loyalty-your-team-/320651828683?pt=US_NCAA_Fan_Shop&hash=item4aa8569dcb#ht_1346wt_52

Someone actually paid for this. :smh:

CLW
02-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Someone actually paid for this. :smh:

LOL and the current high bidder is allegedly a UCLA fan? So from one sissy blue to another. double :smh:

JBHuskers
02-04-2011, 10:37 AM
LOL and the current high bidder is allegedly a UCLA fan? So from one sissy blue to another. double :smh:

I just heard on the radio some dude is doing the opposite, he's trying to be a bandwagon fan and every team he's attached himself to has lost (Boise State, Oregon, Falcons)....so he's on eBay asking for bids. But for a good cause, his wife has cancer so it's going towards cancer research.

CLW
02-04-2011, 10:41 AM
I just heard on the radio some dude is doing the opposite, he's trying to be a bandwagon fan and every team he's attached himself to has lost (Boise State, Oregon, Falcons)....so he's on eBay asking for bids. But for a good cause, his wife has cancer so it's going towards cancer research.

So if you are a Steelers fan and you win the bid you can have him root for the Packers?

JBHuskers
02-04-2011, 10:52 AM
So if you are a Steelers fan and you win the bid you can have him root for the Packers?

Yep.

CLW
02-17-2011, 04:22 PM
You guys are talking college hoops in Nebraska. I like it!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6129583

CLW
02-19-2011, 03:59 PM
DAMN you Nebraska fans! Your team is legit (14th best defense in the country and 47th best team in the country)! Quit acting like a bunch of morons win they win games.

EDIT:

#2 :Texas: 67

:Nebraska: 70

morsdraconis
02-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah. Stupid WVU fans did the same thing today when we bitchslapped #8 Notre Dame. Really wish they would act like it was no big deal (cause it wasn't; we're a good team when we play with passion but lack consistency this year).

CLW
02-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Yeah. Stupid WVU fans did the same thing today when we bitchslapped #8 Notre Dame. Really wish they would act like it was no big deal (cause it wasn't; we're a good team when we play with passion but lack consistency this year).

lol a team that made the Friggin' Final 4 last season storms the court when they defeat a team that has only been to a SINGLE Final 4 (1978). LMAO none of those kids (and I wasn't even) were alive the last time The Irish made the Final 4. It used to be only really HUGE upsets ended in field/court storming. Now it's almost every home win.

Hell Wisconsin did it when they beat Ohio St. and they were favored to win the game so it wasn't even an upset despite Ohio St.'s #1 ranking.

It's getting ridiculous and I wish the NCAA would put a million dollar fine per incident to get this garbage out of college sports.

cdj
02-19-2011, 10:35 PM
DAMN you Nebraska fans! Your team is legit (14th best defense in the country and 47th best team in the country)! Quit acting like a bunch of morons win they win games.

EDIT:

They are in a good spot to possibly win out after today's game. KSU, at ISU, Mizzou, at Colorado. Until last Wednesday's game, they hadn't won a conference road game in almost two years. ISU & CU aren't very good, but both are tough places to play for NU. 3-1 and a B12 tourney win or two should at least keep them in the discussion. The loss at Texas Tech is killer and they can't afford to lose at ISU.

CLW
02-20-2011, 06:25 AM
They are in a good spot to possibly win out after today's game. KSU, at ISU, Mizzou, at Colorado. Until last Wednesday's game, they hadn't won a conference road game in almost two years. ISU & CU aren't very good, but both are tough places to play for NU. 3-1 and a B12 tourney win or two should at least keep them in the discussion. The loss at Texas Tech is killer and they can't afford to lose at ISU.

IF they win out they are in the Dance. 3 out of 4 will depend on how they do in the Big XII tourny. 2 or < and they will have to win the Big XII tourny.

CLW
02-20-2011, 02:07 PM
OMG Purdue won a home game and didn't storm the court. They CLEARLY have no fan support.

JBHuskers
02-21-2011, 01:26 PM

EDIT:

Now THIS I can understand storming the court for.....but not A&M :D

CLW
02-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Now THIS I can understand storming the court for.....but not A&M :D

Man I am telling you the Cornhuskers are no joke this year. Its a "weak" year IMHO as far as bubble resumes are concerned. They go 3-1 or 4-0 down the stretch and/or make noise in the Big XII tourny and they could get a 9-11 seed.

JBHuskers
02-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Man I am telling you the Cornhuskers are no joke this year. Its a "weak" year IMHO as far as bubble resumes are concerned. They go 3-1 or 4-0 down the stretch and/or make noise in the Big XII tourny and they could get a 9-11 seed.

Win out, and one Big XII tourney win, I think they're in. I was a sophomore in high school the last time they were in the tourney :D

JBHuskers
02-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Surprised that Nebraska didn't get any votes in either poll, guess we'll have to win up to and including Missouri to get votes.

CLW
02-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Surprised that Nebraska didn't get any votes in either poll, guess we'll have to win up to and including Missouri to get votes.

Meh they aren't Top 25 material as of now. I'd put them around 40. Lunardi has them as the last of the Next 4 out (meaning 8 places out of making the tourny currently).

psuexv
02-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Anyone watch the Nova/Cuse game last night? Both teams looked very beatable, sloppy sloppy play on both side. Other than Pitt the Big East isn't looking too strong down the stretch.

psusnoop
02-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Anyone watch the Nova/Cuse game last night? Both teams looked very beatable, sloppy sloppy play on both side. Other than Pitt the Big East isn't looking too strong down the stretch.

I watched it and yes that is about standard for these two teams. I like both Pitt and St. John's, with St. John's as a nice sleeper team (while not so much now that they are inside the top 25) to make a good march madness run. Very Sr laden as a team which could be huge down the stretch here.

psuexv
02-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Yeah what pisses me off is that UConn is going to get into the dance because they are ranked in the Top 25 and are 9th in the Big East. and a team like Notre Dame or St. John's is going to get left out.

Edit - Notre Dame is ranked and will get in.

psusnoop
02-22-2011, 10:27 AM
St. Johns should get it.

Sitting at 17-9 with games against:

Depaul
@Vill
@Seton Hall
USF

They should go atleast 3-1 in these games and be in good position to win 2 in the Big East Tourney.

CLW
02-22-2011, 10:57 AM
The Big East is going to get 10-11 teams this year.

Pitt
Notre Dame
Georgetown
Louisville
St. John's
Syracuse
Villanova
West Virginia
Cincinnati
Connecticut
Marquette

psuexv
02-22-2011, 10:59 AM
The Big East is going to get 10-11 teams this year.

Pitt
Notre Dame
Georgetown
Louisville
St. John's
Syracuse
Villanova
West Virginia
Cincinnati
Connecticut
Marquette

No way. I don't think there's any way they put 10 in from one conference. 9 would be pushing it.

psusnoop
02-22-2011, 11:08 AM
I don't see Marquette getting in or WVU, but I could see them putting the other 9 teams in.

JBHuskers
02-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Meh they aren't Top 25 material as of now. I'd put them around 40. Lunardi has them as the last of the Next 4 out (meaning 8 places out of making the tourny currently).

I still think they should have garnered some votes. They've had votes once or twice earlier this season.

morsdraconis
02-22-2011, 12:10 PM
I don't see Marquette getting in or WVU, but I could see them putting the other 9 teams in.

Marquette is the only team on that list that won't make it in unless WVU drops all of their last 4 games and then flubs it up in the tourney.

Big East is going to shatter the teams in the tournament record with at least 10 teams.

psusnoop
02-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Marquette is the only team on that list that won't make it in unless WVU drops all of their last 4 games and then flubs it up in the tourney.

Big East is going to shatter the teams in the tournament record with at least 10 teams.

WVU is really facing a tough finishing stretch.

@Pitt
@Rutgers (who is playing tough at home)
UConn
Louisville

If they go 1-3 there that puts there record at 18-12 which I'm not sure is a good thing heading into conference play where they'll face Nova, Cuse, UConn...just not a good matchup for WVU.

CLW
02-22-2011, 02:35 PM
No way. I don't think there's any way they put 10 in from one conference. 9 would be pushing it.

WVU is really facing a tough finishing stretch.

@Pitt
@Rutgers (who is playing tough at home)
UConn
Louisville

If they go 1-3 there that puts there record at 18-12 which I'm not sure is a good thing heading into conference play where they'll face Nova, Cuse, UConn...just not a good matchup for WVU.

Just an FYI -

ESPN/Lunardi has all 11 of the teams I listed above currently in the field (none in the last 4 in either).

Seeds

Pitt - 1
Georgetown - 3
Notre Dame - 3
Louisville - 4
Villanova - 4
UConn - 4
Syracuse - 5
West Virginia - 6
St. John's - 6
Cincinatti - 8
Marquette - 11

ONLY one of those teams is even remotely in trouble of not making the tourny - Marquette. Quite frankly even if the Golden Eagles stumble someone on the bubble is going to have to do something impressive to knock them out.

Also SI has all 11 of those teams making it with very similar seedings - Marquette is again the lowest at a 12 seed.

I think its pretty safe to say the question is whether the BE gets 10 or Marquette make it 11 teams in the field.

EDIT: if this were a 64/65 team field I think Marquette is on the outside looking in right now. IMHO unnecessary expansion of the tourny is going to allow a bunch of quite frankly mediocre (at best) college teams get into the tourny.

cdj
02-26-2011, 12:57 PM
http://30fps.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/x2011-February-26-13-41-50.jpg.pagespeed.ic.0FIbWf4j3H.jpg

psuexv
03-01-2011, 12:11 PM
I would not want to play ND in the tourney. Man are they hot right now. I know they just came off a smack down of Villanova but they have been on a roll for awhile.

CLW
03-01-2011, 12:30 PM
I would not want to play ND in the tourney. Man are they hot right now. I know they just came off a smack down of Villanova but they have been on a roll for awhile.

The Irish are indeed a solid ball club and looking at a #2 or #3 seed. I would certainly rather see BYU than Notre Dame as my #2. However, I'm not sure the Irish would strike any more fear than a #2 seed: Duke or Purdue. I'd say Notre Dame and Texas are a bout a wash right now (Texas sliding Notre Dame climbing)

If the Irish end up as a #3 seed I don't think there will be any tougher outs as a #3 seed than Notre Dame.

morsdraconis
03-01-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm sorry but unless Notre Dame gets to play the entire tournament in South Bend, the don't have a prayer of beating a good team.

CLW
03-01-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm sorry but unless Notre Dame gets to play the entire tournament in South Bend, the don't have a prayer of beating a good team.

Chicago (1st 2 rounds) close enough?

morsdraconis
03-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Chicago (1st 2 rounds) close enough?

I'm sure they'll get that, but then, after that, where would they play? Probably no where close to Illinois and thus once they play a good team they'll get plastered.

CLW
03-01-2011, 01:47 PM
I'm sure they'll get that, but then, after that, where would they play? Probably no where close to Illinois and thus once they play a good team they'll get plastered.

Well none of the regional sites are "close" (Newark; San Antonio; Anaheim; New Orleans). Then again none of the major threats to cut down the nets are really that "close" either.

In Lunardi's bracket assuming no upsets Notre Dame takes on North Carolina in the Sweet 16. I'd say that game is basically a pick em (although I'd be inclined to go with UNC right now). IMHO, a Sweet 16/Elite 8 apperance isn't "crazy" for the Irish.

VERY few teams play "well" on the road. In the NCAA Tourny Duke's run last year (beating Baylor in TX and Butler in IN) comes to mind as a team "tough" enough to pull out those essentially road games out.

Other than a Texas in the Final 4 scenario after the 1st Two rounds (where the NCAA is supposed to "protect" high seeds with games "close" to home) it will be neutral court games. If Texas gets a Tulsa; San Antonio; Houston draw they could really be in a drivers seat to cut down the nets.

The CPU's give Notre Dame 61.2% chance to make the Sweet 16; 19% chance to make the Final 4; 3.4% chance to Win the Championship. Personally, I think those odds are a little high (for deep runs) but pretty close.

SmoothPancakes
03-01-2011, 10:07 PM
"Hey, where the white women at?" (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6172760)

JBHuskers
03-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Jesus christ Nebraska....lay an egg twice after beating Texas then you lead Missouri for most of the game and beat them by 11 :smh:

Some analyst at ESPN does have us IN the tourney at this moment which is odd with the Iowa State loss.

CLW
03-03-2011, 05:48 AM
Jesus christ Nebraska....lay an egg twice after beating Texas then you lead Missouri for most of the game and beat them by 11 :smh:

Some analyst at ESPN does have us IN the tourney at this moment which is odd with the Iowa State loss.

They are not in YET. Lunardi (who is really good) has them as the #7 team out right now. That sounds about right. The game @ Colorado is a bubble busting game. Colorado is also on the bubble. This game could turn into a lose and you are OUT game.

gschwendt
03-03-2011, 08:59 AM
So apparently Davies was kicked off of BYU for admitting to having pre-marital sex with his girlfriend. :down:
http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2011-03-03/byus-davies-kicked-off-team-for-having-premarital-sex

JBHuskers
03-03-2011, 09:08 AM
They are not in YET. Lunardi (who is really good) has them as the #7 team out right now. That sounds about right. The game @ Colorado is a bubble busting game. Colorado is also on the bubble. This game could turn into a lose and you are OUT game.

Yeah I'm surprised we're still in the bubble even. So it's great that Colorado is in the bubble too. If we somehow win, that will help.

SmoothPancakes
03-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Well, so much for hope of that #1 seed for BYU. They get to #3 in the nation, lose Davies, and promptly get routed by New Mexico. With Davies gone, I'm thinking BYU is looking at a #3 seed, #2 at absolute best.

CLW
03-03-2011, 01:33 PM
So apparently Davies was kicked off of BYU for admitting to having pre-marital sex with his girlfriend. :down:
http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2011-03-03/byus-davies-kicked-off-team-for-having-premarital-sex

Well, so much for hope of that #1 seed for BYU. They get to #3 in the nation, lose Davies, and promptly get routed by New Mexico. With Davies gone, I'm thinking BYU is looking at a #3 seed, #2 at absolute best.

Yeah Davies was a HUGE loss for BYU. I allready was dieing to get the Cougars in Duke's bracket (I've seem them play several times and I just don't think Jimmer alone could beat Duke).

That being said, when you go to BYU (a private institution) you know there are STRICT rules of conduct you MUST obide by. Seeing as a person has no right to a free private school education/play basketball you must live by the rules. I seem to recall BYU kicking off their stud RB recently as well for something similar.

SmoothPancakes
03-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Yeah Davies was a HUGE loss for BYU. I allready was dieing to get the Cougars in Duke's bracket (I've seem them play several times and I just don't think Jimmer alone could beat Duke).

That being said, when you go to BYU (a private institution) you know there are STRICT rules of conduct you MUST obide by. Seeing as a person has no right to a free private school education/play basketball you must live by the rules. I seem to recall BYU kicking off their stud RB recently as well for something similar.

Yeah, at least BYU sticks by their guns. I can guarantee there are some schools, that something like this wouldn't have come out until AFTER the season or tournament was over, and then suspend him for a couple games next season or something. Instead, BYU is kicking him off for the rest of the year, right now when they clearly need him the most (as shown by being routed by New Mexico) as they go into the conference and NCAA tournament, and are going pretty much from a dangerous team that could make some noise and possibly go deep, to a team that potentially might not even get out of the first weekend depending on which teams they get placed with.

JBHuskers
03-04-2011, 01:09 AM
So there is this big bubble match-up between Nebraska and Colorado on Saturday, but no one is televising it....why? Because both teams are jumping ship....too bad ESPNU or someone couldn't have picked up it.

CLW
03-04-2011, 06:06 AM
So there is this big bubble match-up between Nebraska and Colorado on Saturday, but no one is televising it....why? Because both teams are jumping ship....too bad ESPNU or someone couldn't have picked up it.

Wow that is surprising it isn't on the tube somewhere.

JBHuskers
03-04-2011, 09:27 AM
Wow that is surprising it isn't on the tube somewhere.

Big 12 Network sure isn't going to show it :D (basically the local ESPN coverage that the conference has)

JBHuskers
03-04-2011, 10:17 AM
"The Yoko Ono of BYU Basketball" :D love that title

http://sportscasm.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/DanicaMendivilphoto2.jpg

psuexv
03-04-2011, 12:10 PM
"The Yoko Ono of BYU Basketball" :D love that title

http://sportscasm.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/DanicaMendivilphoto2.jpg

Totally worth it....IMO

JBHuskers
03-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Totally worth it....IMO

:nod:

morsdraconis
03-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Her face looks like a jaguars. It's fuckin' HOT.

psuexv
03-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Her face looks like a jaguars. It's fuckin' HOT.

LOL - I just cracked up at this so loud that the chic across the hall is giving me dirty looks.

morsdraconis
03-04-2011, 12:47 PM
:D

You're welcome.

JBHuskers
03-04-2011, 12:50 PM
I like the way she's cupping the (volley)balls.

HawkFan
03-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Dude I would have hit that too, honor code or no honor code. I was listening to Dan Patrick today and he was replying an interview with Jim McMahon from 2008 and he was kicked out of school right after his senior football season and he contends that they used him because of his breaking of 58 NCAA records at the time and looked the other way until his eligibility was up. Very interesting listen.

HawkFan
03-04-2011, 03:51 PM
So here is my question is she currently at BYU playing volleyball? If so, has she been kicked off her team for a year?

JBHuskers
03-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Dude I would have hit that too, honor code or no honor code. I was listening to Dan Patrick today and he was replying an interview with Jim McMahon from 2008 and he was kicked out of school right after his senior football season and he contends that they used him because of his breaking of 58 NCAA records at the time and looked the other way until his eligibility was up. Very interesting listen.

BYU knew what McMahon did, because they shipped him out of town every weekend cuz they knew he was going to party and get laid.

So here is my question is she currently at BYU playing volleyball? If so, has she been kicked off her team for a year?

No clue....it's March Madness so they aren't really giving a shit I guess....unless she's a senior and it's all a mute point on her end. (no pun intended :D)

gschwendt
03-04-2011, 04:07 PM
She goes to Arizona State if I read correctly.

HawkFan
03-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Ahhh, then she would not have to worry about an honor code. How long til BYU fans start blaming the party school that is ASU and not the young man for breaking the code. I do have to give it to BYU for standing up for what they believe, it would have been very easy to turn the other way and deny any knowledge of this.

morsdraconis
03-05-2011, 09:05 PM
CLW - UNC stormed the court after bitchslapping your dookies. What say you now? I thought they weren't going to storm the court when they won?

CLW
03-05-2011, 09:10 PM
CLW - UNC stormed the court after bitchslapping your dookies. What say you now? I thought they weren't going to storm the court when they won?

LMAO apparently only Duke fans do not storm the court when they win conference home games. If I were a UNC fan I would be EMBARRASSED. If the situation were exactly flipped I would be PISSED that Duke fans stormed the court for a conference win at home (even against your arch rival)

I can now no longer remember the last time I saw Duke lose a game on the road that did not end in a storming of the court. (it would have to be the last loss @ UNC before tonight).

morsdraconis
03-05-2011, 09:51 PM
I just think it's fun for the players. I know WVU's players love it when the fans storm the court after a big win.

And I don't think their fans are going to be embarrassed at all with winning another ACC regular season title and basically propelling them to a #2 seed in the NCAA Tournament (unless they totally choke in the ACC Tournament).

CLW
03-05-2011, 10:06 PM
I just think it's fun for the players. I know WVU's players love it when the fans storm the court after a big win.

And I don't think their fans are going to be embarrassed at all with winning another ACC regular season title and basically propelling them to a #2 seed in the NCAA Tournament (unless they totally choke in the ACC Tournament).

Just an FYI there was no "Title" on the line tonight. The ACC has always only awarded one championship (tourny champs).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Atlantic_Coast_Conference_men's_basketball _regular_season_champions

I must just be "old". To me its RIDICULOUS to storm the field/court.

JeffHCross
03-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Just an FYI there was no "Title" on the line tonight. The ACC has always only awarded one championship (tourny champs).Doesn't mean practically anyone in that building knew that. I was hearing from a UNC fan just the other day about winning the regular season championship. Add in beating your rival on the last game of the regular season and you have a recipe for a court-storming.

CLW
03-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Doesn't mean practically anyone in that building knew that. I was hearing from a UNC fan just the other day about winning the regular season championship. Add in beating your rival on the last game of the regular season and you have a recipe for a court-storming.

Sad but true. Unfortunately, the MSM in sports coverage has gotten almost (if not worse) than our drive-by news media. Moreover, the fanbase knowledge of basic rules has also gotten worse through the years mainly b/c of false reporting/explaining by "the world wide leader".

Any idiot who knows ANYTHING about ACC basketball KNOWS there is only one champion crowed at the end of the ACCT. Its been that way since the [censored] 1960s. 50 friggin years with the rule and what does "the world wide leader in sports" have on its front page? "North Carolina stepped over Duke to take the ACC title."

ESPN reports that North Carolina wins a "title" that does NOT exist. :smh:

cdj
03-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Not sure how legit, but Pat Knight out at Texas Tech....Billy Gillispie in (http://twitter.com/#!/Recruitocosm/status/44791723997675520).

CLW
03-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Not sure how legit, but Pat Knight out at Texas Tech....Billy Gillispie in (http://twitter.com/#!/Recruitocosm/status/44791723997675520).

I have been hearing that "rumor" for awhile now.

Sorry to see your Huskers all but fall out of consideration. Barring a Big XII Tourny Title I don't think Nebraska has much of a chance at this point to make the big dance.

JBHuskers
03-07-2011, 11:06 AM
I have been hearing that "rumor" for awhile now.

Sorry to see your Huskers all but fall out of consideration. Barring a Big XII Tourny Title I don't think Nebraska has much of a chance at this point to make the big dance.

"maybe" if we make the finals if we end up going through Kansas and Texas.

psusnoop
03-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Ah Nebraska and Penn State, they play just well enough to tease you then quickly bitch slap you bringing you back normal.

JBHuskers
03-07-2011, 12:31 PM
"maybe" if we make the finals if we end up going through Kansas and Texas.

Well 1/2 of that is going to happen for us to get to the finals. If we beat Oklahoma State, we get Kansas in the 2nd round, and if by some act of god we knocked them off (we did play with them on the road, but got crushed at home) we'd most likely get a hot K-State team. So I'm thinking if we got through KU and K-State, we would have a shot at making it if Lunardi still has us on the "next four out"...unlikely but possible.

HawkFan
03-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Ah Nebraska and Penn State, they play just well enough to tease you then quickly bitch slap you bringing you back normal.

At least your team teases you a bit, I have not been teased by Iowa basketball in 5 years. Oh and they don't bitch slap me, they are too busy getting bitch slapped by everyone they play.

JBHuskers
03-07-2011, 12:47 PM
At least your team teases you a bit, I have not been teased by Iowa basketball in 5 years. Oh and they don't bitch slap me, they are too busy getting bitch slapped by everyone they play.

Oh it has been since I got a driver's license the last time Nebraska made the dance....hint, I'm 31 now.

psusnoop
03-07-2011, 12:49 PM

LOL, PSU basketball always disappoints me. For the beatdown that Maryland and Maine put on PSU this year, they should be ashamed of themselves. I know I am for being a fan.

HawkFan
03-07-2011, 04:23 PM
That is how I feel about Iowa basketball right now. I still can not believe that the AD at the time got rid of Tom Davis who has more than than anybody at Iowa and took them to more tourneys than anyone go. All to bring in the prick and piece of garbage called Steve Alford, and then that prick leaves because he knew his recruiting class was garbage and they were going to struggle for a couple of years for New Mexico of all places. Do not even get me started on Todd Licklighter from Butler who took over for Alford and his shoot 50 three a game and we are bound to score some points. A system that drove away five players after his first year and would have drove away another 3 if he had not been fired after year two. Now the new guy McCafferey I am not to sure about. I will say one thing the players we have now play hard for him and they are very young. We are probably going to end the year 12-20 after a first round loss in the Big Ten tourney, but for the first time in a long time I have some optimism about Iowa basketball, but it does no good if we can not get a couple more kids to come in and buy into the system and want to be there.

Jesus can football season start already.

HawkFan
03-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Oh it has been since I got a driver's license the last time Nebraska made the dance....hint, I'm 31 now.

Yeah, I know how that feels. While Iowa football makes bowl games every year and has gone to the BCS my father made a deal with me that after the 1990 Rose Bowl that the next time Iowa went to the Rose Bowl we would go to the game. I know at the time he had no clue that it would be twenty years and counting and that now he would have to take me, my wife, kids and my brothers wives and kids. Going to be an expensive trip for dear old dad.

JBHuskers
03-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Figured out why Lunardi is still high on Nebraska. He has his own preferred formula for the RPI and that has Nebraska at 40th. Still it'll take at least a KU beating, and probably at least a trip to the finals to get there.

CLW
03-08-2011, 05:46 AM
Figured out why Lunardi is still high on Nebraska. He has his own preferred formula for the RPI and that has Nebraska at 40th. Still it'll take at least a KU beating, and probably at least a trip to the finals to get there.

Kenpom (the CPU rating I trust the most) has the Cornhuskers as the 44th best team in the country.

psusnoop
03-08-2011, 07:54 AM
PSU #53 in the KenPom

morsdraconis
03-09-2011, 09:39 AM
I don't remember there ever being a playoff between two schools to determine the winner of the Ivy League bid to the tournament. How often does this happen with them? It's pretty interesting.

CLW
03-09-2011, 01:57 PM
I don't remember there ever being a playoff between two schools to determine the winner of the Ivy League bid to the tournament. How often does this happen with them? It's pretty interesting.

No post-season tourny in the Ivy. Regular Season champ gets auto bid (like the PAC 10 used to do up until 10 years or so ago). This year Harvard and Princeton are tied in the conference standings and they are 1-1 against each other thus the need for a neutral court Championship game. I don't ever recall one but I'm sure it has happened at some point in history.

LOL at least it's not Big XII football. Could you imagine if the rules were whoever was higher in the CPU ratings went to the dance and the other team did not.

EDIT: Just checked and apparently this will be the 7th time in Ivy League History.

LMAO how in the hell did they do the 3 way tie?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/gametracker/recap/NCAAB_20110308_PRINCE@PA/princeton-wins-forces-ivy-league-playoff-with-harvard

DOUBLE EDIT: Found out how they addressed the 3-way (one team gets a bye based on best head-to-head record of the tied teams)

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/06/sports/college-basketball-3-way-playoff-in-ivy-league-as-penn-rolls-over-princeton.html

FINAL EDIT: Harvard should be a 1 Pt Favorite (winner 56% of the time) according to Ken Pom. Should be a great game to watch.

morsdraconis
03-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Yeah. I knew that they didn't have a post season tournament, so I was curious how often they've tied like this. Thanks for finding that out. Pretty amazing that in all the time they've been playing (what is it, 100+ years of playing?), that it's only happened 7 times total.

Thank god it's not like the Big XII crap. That shit is the most retarded way to decide that stuff EVER.

Definitely will be watching this game as it's pretty huge for many reasons (could the loser still get a bid?).

CLW
03-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Yeah. I knew that they didn't have a post season tournament, so I was curious how often they've tied like this. Thanks for finding that out. Pretty amazing that in all the time they've been playing (what is it, 100+ years of playing?), that it's only happened 7 times total.

Thank god it's not like the Big XII crap. That shit is the most retarded way to decide that stuff EVER.

Definitely will be watching this game as it's pretty huge for many reasons (could the loser still get a bid?).

Yeah it's definitely a rarity. I TRIED to get tickets (game is only like 1 1/2 hrs away) but the damn thing is SOLD OUT.

ZERO chance the loser gets a bid. Kenpom has Harvard at 74th and Princeton at 89th. It's do or die with kids who allegedly got into an Ivy league school on their own merit. I believe that the Ivy still doesn't give out athletic scholarships and that you must apply like any other student. Although, I've also heard that while thats technically true rules are bent at all of the schools.

morsdraconis
03-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Gotta love Rutgers getting TOTALLY screwed by the refs today. God damn do I hate Tim Higgins and Jim Burr. I can't wait until those fuckers retire.

SmoothPancakes
03-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Gotta love Rutgers getting TOTALLY screwed by the refs today. God damn do I hate Tim Higgins and Jim Burr. I can't wait until those fuckers retire.

I agree those were some shitastic calls there. Absolutely atrocious.

However, and this is a comment in general after listening to people complaining on TV, on the radio, on the internet, those calls, while screwing Rutgers, does not mean Rutgers got screwed out of a win. I forget where I heard it, either on TV or on the radio, someone made the point, even if those calls were correct, Rutgers still has to try and score either 2 or 3 points in 1.7 seconds. Yes, it cost Rutgers a CHANCE to win, but it did not cost Rutgers the win.

That is something that has been really bothering me listening to some people and analysts saying those calls cost Rutgers a win. Umm, no, either way, they are still down by 2 points, 1.7 seconds left or not. To say it cost Rutgers the win is saying that you know for a fact Rutgers would have drained a 3 or got 2 points and then won in OT. As no one has a damn clue what Rutgers may or may not have done, all those blown calls did was cost them the chance to win.

Just something that has been annoying me all night, especially myself working in radio and media, when it comes to analysts and sports people saying things that are incorrect, but trying to make it sound like it's a fact, whether intentional or not. But that's just my 2 cents.

Flav
03-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Are we doing anything cool with March Madness brackets?

cdj
03-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Are we doing anything cool with March Madness brackets?

Good timing! Was just setting up a group on ESPN.com. Follow the link below to the News article on our ESPN.com group.

http://j.mp/ibVm3W

jaymo76
03-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Wow! That Washington - Arizona game was a classic! The second half and the OT were pretty damn exciting. It will be interesting to see what kind of damage the Huskies can do in the Tournmanet this year.

CLW
03-13-2011, 04:51 PM
T-minus 9 minutes before the brackets are released. Let the Madness begin!

jaymo76
03-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Umm... just my .02c but that was too (as is 2) much love for Florida and not enough love IMO for Washington.

JeffHCross
03-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Wow did Colorado get screwed. VT out yet again.

SmoothPancakes
03-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Wow did Colorado get screwed. VT out yet again.

Yeah, seeing UAB and VCU in the field, and especially Colorado out surprised the hell out of me. VCU hasn't even been mentioned as a bubble team since last Monday when Old Dominion beat them in the Colonial championship game. You could also make some arguments about Georgia getting in and Alabama left out.

HWill
03-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Umm... just my .02c but that was too (as is 2) much love for Florida and not enough love IMO for Washington.

Agree with you on Florida. I don't know how they got a higher seed than Kentucky.

JeffHCross
03-13-2011, 06:26 PM
You could also make some arguments about Georgia getting in and Alabama left out.Especially since Alabama beat them head-to-head ... twice, I believe.

SmoothPancakes
03-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Especially since Alabama beat them head-to-head ... twice, I believe.

Yep, twice since March 5th. Just looked it up, Alabama won 65-57 on the 5th, and then Friday night, 65-59 in OT. Hell, everyone was considering Friday night to the an elimination game, with the winner likely clinching a tournament spot, while the loser got knocked down to the NIT. Instead it was the opposite.

JeffHCross
03-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Yep, twice since March 5th. Just looked it up, Alabama won 65-57 on the 5th, and then Friday night, 65-59 in OT. Hell, everyone was considering Friday night to the an elimination game, with the winner likely clinching a tournament spot, while the loser got knocked down to the NIT. Instead it was the opposite.Actually, after the game I heard that ESPN's guy was saying that both teams were out, regardless of the result. It's very weird to see so many surprises.

CLW
03-14-2011, 08:34 AM
Meh I DO NOT feel sorry for any of the teams left out. NONE of the so called "snubs" would have had any chance of winning the tournament. Moreover, I just have a feeling the committee likes to create controversy with the bubble so that they can get what they want in the end (a 96+ team tourny).

JBHuskers
03-14-2011, 10:25 AM
It wouldn't be as interesting if there weren't snubs :nod:

My bracket is filled out based on feel on a rough draft, don't like it but have some surprises at the end. I need to work on the first couple of rounds a little more though.

JBHuskers
03-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Seth davis on Twitter:
BREAKING NEWS: I have just learned that Oklahoma has fired Jeff Capel as it's coach. Details to follow.

JBHuskers
03-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Great pic from the SEC Tourney :D

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/257802245.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1300128115&Signature=KJeiTMI%2Fu2T4qLytDJovGI7kzJw%3D

morsdraconis
03-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Link no worky?

JBHuskers
03-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Twitpic sucks to link...thought I had it cuz it showed up here....one sec.

JBHuskers
03-14-2011, 02:12 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/SEC.jpg

CLW
03-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Seth davis on Twitter:
BREAKING NEWS: I have just learned that Oklahoma has fired Jeff Capel as it's coach. Details to follow.

Not surprised with that move. That team has been dysfunction central recently.

HawkFan
03-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Not surprised with that move. That team has been dysfunction central recently.

Yeah and he started out so well. But he was not able to recruit the type of athlete he needed to compete at a high level and that hurt. I think he goes back tot he small school ranks and is very successful at that level

JBHuskers
03-17-2011, 09:55 AM
This sums up last night

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/doc.jpg

CLW
03-17-2011, 11:03 AM
This sums up last night

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/doc.jpg

After a contract extension too I believe. I wouldn't worry about it #1 Wichita is a solid club. #2 I think it is MUCH harder for BCS schools to get up to play in the NIT.

skipwondah33
03-18-2011, 10:31 AM
My bracket is completely destroyed lol

Had Louisville and Michigan State both doing something in the tourney, making it to the Sweet 16.:smh: I had that part of the bracket perfect up until they lost

JBHuskers
03-18-2011, 10:35 AM
I had Michigan State losing, Louisville making the Sweet 16. Old Dominion was my killer going to the Elite 8, but did get 12/16 yesterday.

Louisville was the only 4-seed I had winning :D

skipwondah33
03-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Hopefully today is better for me

Louisville does this to me every year, I should learn

JBHuskers
03-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Oh, I took a chance on Princeton going to the Sweet 16...I "almost" looked like a genius there :D

morsdraconis
03-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Oh, I took a chance on Princeton going to the Sweet 16...I "almost" looked like a genius there :D

No way Princeton beats WVU. They're big, but they suck at rebounding. WVU would kill them on the boards.

CLW
03-18-2011, 12:00 PM
My bracket was hurt but not killed. Lost Louisville and Utah St. as my Sweet 16 picks. My other misses were all one game misses so I'm still doing "ok".

morsdraconis
03-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Utah State killed me on several of mine. Can't believe they freakin' lost... Wow... That looked like a sure upset to me...

Oh well, unless WVU wins it all (yeah right, but I always have to have one where they win it all just to get my homeism out of the way) I'm pretty much fucked on all of mine (except for maybe one or two where I have Kansas and San Diego State winning it all).

SmoothPancakes
03-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Utah State killed me on several of mine. Can't believe they freakin' lost... Wow... That looked like a sure upset to me...

Oh well, unless WVU wins it all (yeah right, but I always have to have one where they win it all just to get my homeism out of the way) I'm pretty much fucked on all of mine (except for maybe one or two where I have Kansas and San Diego State winning it all).

Yeah, Utah State screwed me too. Thankfully I decided last minute to go with Pitt to the Elite Eight instead of Utah State, but that still hurt. St. John's absolutely screwed me over. I thought they'd be good enough to make the Final Four out of the Southeast. I just thought that entire region was weak.

Other than the abomination that is the Southeast, where Pitt is the only team still alive that I have advancing beyond this weekend on my bracket, Oakland is the only team that cost me a Sweet Sixteen team in the other three regions. Oakland was my only miss at all in the West, and Clemson/Xavier in the East and UNLV/Louisville in the Southwest were the only ones I had wrong. And I had all four of those losing in today and tomorrow, so I'm at least still in good shape if I completely ignore the bottom right of the bracket.

CLW
03-19-2011, 12:13 PM
I didn't pick WVA but I hope they can hang on in the 2nd half. There is ONLY one team that I hate more than UNC and that is Kentucky.

SmoothPancakes
03-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Come on Richmond! Make me a happy SOB!

jaymo76
03-20-2011, 03:17 PM
That Washington loss was painful. However, at least losing to UNC is respectable. I'm still in shock over UCLA's terrible shooting from last night. Seriously, how does that team make it into March Madness??????????????????????

jaymo76
03-20-2011, 03:20 PM
By the way, props to the NCAA for LIVE STREAMING 100% of their games for March Madness. Living in Canada I don't get Tru TV, TBS, or TNT. However, I have watched pretty much at least a portion of every game on the net. Now let's hope ALL FOOTBALL BOWL GAMES will be streamed this upcoming season...

JBHuskers
03-20-2011, 04:08 PM
My bracket is full of teams that should have won, but pissed it down their leg late.

CLW
03-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Need heart attack medication NOW!

SmoothPancakes
03-20-2011, 08:18 PM
I should have put more faith in VCU. :( I was picking the VCU-Georgetown upset clear back on Monday, before VCU had even played USC, and even at first had VCU over Purdue, until I went against my gut and chose the chalk pick and went with Purdue. VCU just made me pay for it and regret it tonight. I had faith in them back in 2007 over Duke and I had faith in them this year. Unfortunately not enough faith in the end. :smh:

SmoothPancakes
03-20-2011, 08:55 PM
And that's a wrap. The bracket has entered the trashcan. Syracuse just fucked me. Even though I have Kansas winning it all, Syracuse was my runner-up, and with them losing, there goes my second Final Four team. No point even bothering to follow my bracket anymore. I've had so many teams screw me over and destroy my bracket, even with the teams that are still alive for me, it's a lost cause. I'm too deep in the hole I'm in to climb out, even with any help from Kansas.

JBHuskers
03-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Wow ... either Florida State or VCU will make the Elite 8 :D

SmoothPancakes
03-20-2011, 11:22 PM

I had the Florida State pick right. Notre Dame was WAAAY overrated in my opinion. And they showed it tonight. I would have had VCU right too if I had given them even more faith than what I already did and stuck with my original gut feeling of VCU over Purdue.

CLW
03-21-2011, 06:11 AM

Yep assuming KU goes to the Final 4, the highest seed they would have to play to get there was #9 Illinois

JBHuskers
03-21-2011, 08:52 AM
I had the Florida State pick right. Notre Dame was WAAAY overrated in my opinion. And they showed it tonight. I would have had VCU right too if I had given them even more faith than what I already did and stuck with my original gut feeling of VCU over Purdue.

Yeah I wanted to have Notre Dame lose this early, but none of the teams in that part of the bracket impressed me. I had Purdue losing too, but it was to Georgetown.

Still have my final four in tact, and six of elite eight, so I'm still in good shape.

SmoothPancakes
03-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Yeah I wanted to have Notre Dame lose this early, but none of the teams in that part of the bracket impressed me. I had Purdue losing too, but it was to Georgetown.

Still have my final four in tact, and six of elite eight, so I'm still in good shape.

Yeah, another year of screwing myself over. Of all the picks that I have missed so far, easily half of them I had the correct pick originally, until I started doubting myself and went against my gut feeling and changed it either Wednesday or early Thursday morning. I do that to myself every single year, and it ends up coming back and biting me in the ass in the end.

JBHuskers
03-21-2011, 09:38 AM
I would drink beers with this guy...

http://kacsports.com/buzzwilliams.jpg

JBHuskers
03-24-2011, 03:44 PM
True Kentucky basketball fans will need to own this....a taxidermied (is that a word) real wildcat dunking a basketball!

http://louisville.craigslist.org/spo/2280776206.html

http://images.craigslist.org/3ka3mf3o15Y35W15X1b3m370ef6585f2c1632.jpg

morsdraconis
03-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Wow, WTF?

JBHuskers
03-24-2011, 09:28 PM
Well two games in tonight, and two final four teams out for me :D

jaymo76
03-25-2011, 07:04 PM
I am loving watching Arizona. Though not a fan of the Wildcats, they are making a great run and are a heck of a lot of fun to watch.

CLW
03-26-2011, 06:45 AM
:North_Carolina: v. :Kentucky: for a trip to the Final 4? :sick:

I'll have to root for the Holes as I hope there is a special place in Hell for Cal.

SmoothPancakes
03-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Come on Kansas! Win it all boys! Kansas winning it all will shoot me from a 5-way tie for third place, to sole possession of first place, and the massive money in the office pool at work. Don't let me down Jayhawks!

JBHuskers
03-26-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm hitching myself to the VCU bandwagon (just like the rest of the nation :D) .... Butler too if they can get past FL

SmoothPancakes
03-26-2011, 05:45 PM
I'm hitching myself to the VCU bandwagon (just like the rest of the nation :D) .... Butler too if they can get past FL

I'm still kicking myself in the ass about VCU. I've been a VCU bandwagon fan ever since I picked them to knock off Duke in the first round in 2007. When they got in the tournament this year, I was already immediately picking them over Georgetown, before they had even played USC in the First Four. Unfortunately, that was where my faith in them ended as I had them then losing to Purdue. :( More faith and I could have been on fire in my office pool with VCU. I view this run by VCU as the Rams and Shaka Smart making me pay for not putting more faith in them. :D

JBHuskers
03-26-2011, 05:52 PM
This Florida/Butler game is SICK.

SmoothPancakes
03-26-2011, 06:08 PM
So long Billy Donovan. Butler is returning to the Final Four for their second straight year.

JeffHCross
03-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Let's say VCU somehow wins the national championship. Is that validation for the tournament, or does it raise some questions about legitimacy?

jaymo76
03-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Let's say VCU somehow wins the national championship. Is that validation for the tournament, or does it raise some questions about legitimacy?

Personally I would love to see a mid-major win and shake the establishment a little bit. Cheering for the underdog is a huge deal in sport, business, culture, etc.

SmoothPancakes
03-26-2011, 09:07 PM

Personally I would love to see a mid-major win and shake the establishment a little bit. Cheering for the underdog is a huge deal in sport, business, culture, etc.

Yeah, I honestly would love to see VCU, or even Butler, win the national championship. Unfortunately, not this year as I have money riding on Kansas winning it all. :D But if VCU does manage the upset over Kansas, God I hope they manage to win it all.

And talk about a hell of a ride for VCU so far. They've beaten teams from the Pac-10, Big East, Big Ten, ACC, and now have a chance against the Big 12. In my opinion, despite all the controversy, I'd say the committee did something right when they put in VCU over Virginia Tech and others.

JBHuskers
03-27-2011, 04:45 AM

They weren't even supposed to make the tourney :D

jaymo76
03-27-2011, 11:01 AM
They weren't even supposed to make the tourney :D

So are you calling for the field to expand to 128 as some have suggested to make-up for this almost omission???

JeffHCross
03-27-2011, 01:35 PM
They weren't even supposed to make the tourney :DExactly. Which is why I wonder about what would be the view of a victory. I mean, you're talking about a team that would, all previous years, have not made the NCAA field from everything we've been told. And shouldn't have made it this year. Is that validation in the power of a tournament, or does it give detractors more ammo?

SmoothPancakes
03-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Well, they may have a chance at winning it all if they keep playing like this! I thought they would play tough against Kansas, but I didn't think they'd be leading Kansas by as much as 17 at one point.

SmoothPancakes
03-27-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm happy, I'm pissed, and I want to cry, all at the same time right now. :(

I've been a VCU bandwagon fan ever since they knocked off Duke back in 2007, so I am happy as all hell to see VCU going to the Final Four. However I'm pissed and want to cry right now, because Kansas just lost me money. After Ohio State lost, that pretty much guaranteed me first place, and the money, in my office pool if Kansas won the championship. So I just lost out on a whole bunch of money. :(