PDA

View Full Version : What 'one thing' would you add to the NCAA Football franchise?

cdj
11-03-2010, 12:50 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?290-What-one-thing-would-you-add-to-the-NCAA-Football-franchise

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/NCAAFootballLogo.jpg
This morning, the official NCAA Football twitter account posed this question to the community:

"What's the one thing that you'd like to see added to the NCAA Football franchise to make it even better?" (http://twitter.com/#!/NCAAFootball11/status/29587459688)

While we all have a list of items we'd like to see added, what 'one thing' would you pick above the rest? After you tweet your response, also share it here with the community.

Don't forget to share your more detailed Wish Lists and Feedback (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?8-Wishlist-amp-Feedback) and also share your thoughts in the 2010 NCAA Football Community Wish List Tournament (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?37-2010-NCAA-Football-Community-Wish-List-Tournament).

gschwendt
11-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Here was my answer:

If I only get one thing, I want a Play Creator. The ability to create the play we just saw on Saturday would be huge.

I know a lot of people don't want to see it just because of the abuse that some would create but it would give HUGE replay value for me... I always loved both Front Page Sports Football '95 (PC) and Troy Aikman Football (SNES), each for their ability to draw up plays.

cdj
11-03-2010, 01:04 PM
This was my response:

@NCAAFootball11 I'm going to go with coaches & a coaching carousel. They are the face of the program and this would add new depth to Dynasty

I'd love to see a Carousel similar to what College Hoops had, plus the focus, attention, and pressure that surrounds college coaches.

Pig Bomb
11-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Obviously I could write a novel about what they should fix and what they should add to the game....however here is the ONE THING I posted on....

The computer defense knows if I call a run or pass in the huddle!! They also make psychic defensive adjustements when I audible without changing my formation. That's not adaptive learning or situational awareness...that's lame! Fix that!

steelerfan
11-03-2010, 01:53 PM
I'd love to see a Carousel similar to what College Hoops had, plus the focus, attention, and pressure that surrounds college coaches.

I'm way too badass for social media :P, but if I weren't, I'd agree with cdj's qweef.

psuexv
11-03-2010, 02:30 PM
If I really had to narrow it down to just one....... it would probably have to be better practice mode with an incorporation of positional situations to work on stick skills.

Kwizzy
11-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Impossible question for most people on this board. I don't participate in twitter but my respose would be:

Fix the way the defense works. I would like to see defenders need to align properly & read keys to react to the offense.

I can't stand the way defenders seem to know what's coming at them instantly. If not before the snap then immediately after. It pisses me off to no end when the defender is covering my WR to the inside so i know the out route will be open, only to see the DB break on the route BEFORE my WR does and knock it down/pick it off! It makes reading the coverage almost useless.

Also, reading the end on the zone read doesn't matter when the backside LB & S are instantly sprinting at you from the snap. That would be fine however they do not react the same way to a PA pass called off that same run play.

When defenses in the game react to what the offenses are doing more realistically it will open a whole new world to this game. Playcalling (Offensive and Defensive) will be more important, reading the defense will be rewarding, exploitiing mismatches will be more important. The game will be revolutionary if that ever happens.

AustinWolv
11-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Agree with defense. But I don't waste time with twitter either, so.......

Although I really wanted to answer to add near-strippers to the first row of the crowd ala FSU.

jaymo76
11-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Custom playbooks! Finally I can create an I / Pistol Hybrid Offense.

FCS teams are a close second though.:D

jWILL10
11-03-2010, 07:03 PM
My reply:

@jWILL253: @NCAAFootball11 Real-Time Physics, or Real-Time Presentation. But, I prefer RT Physics. Don't worry, you can do it... :)

As you can see, I'm REALLY pushing for these two things, lol...

Coachdenz
11-03-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm going with coaches & a coaching carousel, it's the 5th year on Next gen and no freaking coach, I have said this till I'm blue in the face. THE COACH is one of the
biggest parts of college football, how can EA leave something like this out. They have got to work this into the game some way, Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator and DC. How can you have Alabama,Oregon,Ohio State and Auburn

and leave out Saban,Chip Kelley, Jim Tressel and Gus Malzhan:)

I can think of other things I want, but this is long overdue.

baseballplyrmvp
11-03-2010, 08:27 PM
i'd go with a full in-depth create a playbook/formation/play feature. we could finally get the playbooks correct for offense, defense and special teams. not only that, but the creativity some people could come up with (in a non cheese aspect) would be pretty fun to see, especially in online dynasties

Solidice
11-03-2010, 08:52 PM
definitely custom playbooks. I miss it with every game I play. I don't even need an all out create-a-play(though it would be cool to have), I would just love the ability to pick and choose from the formation/plays already in the game.

JeffHCross
11-03-2010, 09:10 PM
3YardsandACloud

@NCAAFootball11 The ability to dominate the game with defense, instead of offense. Defense, after all, wins championships.

EDIT: Secondary answer: My name in the credits

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
11-04-2010, 10:50 AM
custom playbooks... for both sides... created plays for both sides... with the upgrades in online dynasty the focus on "cheese" really isnt an issue much like it used to be... what i want is the ability to design a pre-snap motion into some really cool tosses, options, counters... all from pistol/gun... with the upgrade in blocking we can assign zone or power blocking schemes...

on defense... the ability to create a custom playbook or even create our own blitz packages would be HUGE... but would FAIL if they dont give us the option to loop/delay blitz from off the edge to the middle with the blocking upgrades that we have gotten this release...

that and the coaching carousel, are the last steps to making this game TOTALLY realistic... obviously tweaking the locomotion, and a few other things, as well... but at least these guys are on the RIGHT track these days...

"E"

Rudy
11-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Easy one for me - mobile QBs! The developers MUST truly make them distinct from a pocket passer and make them far more dangerous when they run the spread, option play and have them scramble far more than they do. I don't know what their scrambling logic is but it must take into account a QBs speed and awareness. An athletic QB with low awareness should take off a lot more than they do. There is virtually no difference between a scrambler and pocket passer on passing plays. They both sit back in the pocket and do the same things. It's time that the cpu logic got a real upgrade and felt more like a human opponent.

CLW
11-08-2010, 11:28 AM
impossible question for most people on this board. I don't participate in twitter but my respose would be:

fix the way the defense works. I would like to see defenders need to align properly & read keys to react to the offense.

i can't stand the way defenders seem to know what's coming at them instantly. If not before the snap then immediately after. It pisses me off to no end when the defender is covering my wr to the inside so i know the out route will be open, only to see the db break on the route before my wr does and knock it down/pick it off! It makes reading the coverage almost useless.

Also, reading the end on the zone read doesn't matter when the backside lb & s are instantly sprinting at you from the snap. That would be fine however they do not react the same way to a pa pass called off that same run play.

When defenses in the game react to what the offenses are doing more realistically it will open a whole new world to this game. Playcalling (offensive and defensive) will be more important, reading the defense will be rewarding, exploitiing mismatches will be more important. The game will be revolutionary if that ever happens.

agree with defense. But i don't waste time with twitter either, so.......

Although i really wanted to answer to add near-strippers to the first row of the crowd ala fsu.

3yardsandacloud

@ncaafootball11 the ability to dominate the game with defense, instead of offense. Defense, after all, wins championships.

Edit: Secondary answer: My name in the credits

defense!

Quest4Gold
11-08-2010, 11:53 AM
I can't get on twitter from work so I will do it later. I would love the play creator option put in, but they would need to fix the passing as where you can only picks the routes that are in the game. The custom route thing was cheesy back in Madden as the db's awareness was way off when you ran these routes. But besides that, i would love to have exactly like they had where you could make the fomations you wanted. I think Nevada must have been looking at my playbook because I made the pistol back then.

JHeb
11-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Dreads!!

J/K

1) Deeper dynasty interactions...Meaning, bring back weekly updates on our players...Who's eligible and who's not. More injury info. and give us options on treatment that may or may not work...Give us more depth in recruiting, etc. More, More, More, More!!

Adibesee
11-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Route Based Passing.

This would help drastically improve the passing in NCAA. This would allow me to throw the ball to a spot instead of to a receiver, which is what happens in real life. Currently passing in this game consists of ridiculously high lobs or bullets. If they tweaked the passing to include more diverse arcs on throws and added full route based passing I would be a happy consumer

Rudy
11-13-2010, 09:42 PM
I think route based passing could really improve the game as well. Too often the 3rd string WR and slot receiver gets almost as many catches as your best outside WRs. It's easy because there is more room in the middle of the field and the cpu tends to blitz too much leaving them open. But if you could throw timing routes on curls and outs better to your outside guys with route based passing it could really let you take advantage of some better matchups.

JeffHCross
11-13-2010, 09:49 PM
If you know the timing of your routes, you can throw timing routes now. At least curls you can. The game does try to have some semblance of route based passing, though it's more "continue your current direction" rather than route based.

Rudy
11-14-2010, 05:35 AM
You are right but it's pretty risky since you are never sure where that pass will go.

JeffHCross
11-14-2010, 11:21 AM
You are right but it's pretty risky since you are never sure where that pass will go.I've gotten it pretty close to figured out now, it's rare that I throw a ball that I don't know where it's going to go ... unless the CPU rolls an incomplete pass for me and it sails.

jaymo76
11-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Dreads!!

J/K

1) Deeper dynasty interactions...Meaning, bring back weekly updates on our players...Who's eligible and who's not. More injury info. and give us options on treatment that may or may not work...Give us more depth in recruiting, etc. More, More, More, More!!

I was right with you up to RECRUITING. I admit it, I don't want anymore additions to recruiting...

skipwondah33
11-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Route Based Passing.

This would help drastically improve the passing in NCAA. This would allow me to throw the ball to a spot instead of to a receiver, which is what happens in real life. Currently passing in this game consists of ridiculously high lobs or bullets. If they tweaked the passing to include more diverse arcs on throws and added full route based passing I would be a happy consumer

Took the words out of my mouth.

baseballplyrmvp
11-21-2010, 03:36 PM
give the players mass. if real time physics wont come for another couple of years, then they could at least include true movement momentum into player interactions. i've brought this test up before, but if you edit the d-line of a really bad team to be 7'0" 400 lbs and the o-line of a really good team to be 5'5" 160 lbs, but keep all of the ratings the same, and then play those two teams, the really good team's o-line will hold up the whole game- despite being severely undersized.

with an extreme example such as this, a player's size and weight should definately play a role in all player interactions.

Rudy
11-22-2010, 05:28 AM
give the players mass. if real time physics wont come for another couple of years, then they could at least include true movement momentum into player interactions. i've brought this test up before, but if you edit the d-line of a really bad team to be 7'0" 400 lbs and the o-line of a really good team to be 5'5" 160 lbs, but keep all of the ratings the same, and then play those two teams, the really good team's o-line will hold up the whole game- despite being severely undersized.

with an extreme example such as this, a player's size and weight should definately play a role in all player interactions.

+ a million. So true.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
11-22-2010, 01:18 PM
agree... mass + locomotion = more true physics

"E"

Rudy
11-28-2010, 07:52 AM
At this point I think the #1 thing I want changed is the feel of the players. I've never liked this generation's physics and lack of momentum/inertia of players. They talked about locomotion for NCA 11 but it didn't go nearly far enough imo. It's better but it's still a far cry from from a realistic system and it's not close to the PS2 momentum which I greatly preferred. At least give us an option for "classic" momentum or something heavier. It would give the game a fresh feeling to it.