PDA

View Full Version : Random College Football Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Rudy
09-13-2015, 06:21 PM
Lol. I didn't make it through it either.

gschwendt
09-15-2015, 04:00 PM
ASU did a gigapixel picture during our game against Missouri and of course I'm staring down at my phone to check on my second favorite team of the week (Toledo).
http://pano.ly/13xh

souljahbill
09-15-2015, 04:12 PM
ASU did a gigapixel picture during our game against Missouri and of course I'm staring down at my phone to check on my second favorite team of the week (Toledo).
http://pano.ly/13xh

Southern Miss did one too for the Miss. St. game. These things are pretty cool.

bdoughty
09-15-2015, 06:30 PM
Agreed that was pretty cool.

bdoughty
09-18-2015, 08:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/college-football/story/_/id/13665188/blind-long-snapper-jake-olson-joins-usc-trojans-1st-practice-player

Great story that continues on it's path. I remember watching some of the original footage when he lost his sight.

SmoothPancakes
09-22-2015, 10:59 AM
:D :D :D

Sucks to be that dude!

souljahbill
09-22-2015, 01:28 PM
:D :D :D

Sucks to be that dude!

This is why I only make gentleman bets.

JBHuskers
09-22-2015, 02:21 PM
Reb on the ass is much better than some of the other losts bets I've seen on Impractical Jokers or fantasy football losers :D

SmoothPancakes
09-22-2015, 02:22 PM
Reb on the ass is much better than some of the other losts bets I've seen on Impractical Jokers or fantasy football losers :D
Yep! Could have been a tattoo of Jaden Smith. :D

JBHuskers
09-22-2015, 03:53 PM
Yep! Could have been a tattoo of Jaden Smith. :D

:nod: :D :D

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ab/ab/a4/ababa4c97d287b2698ae869310608f49.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MZTtWtc.png

SmoothPancakes
10-04-2015, 02:57 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/04/c8a61b8c4cebe57a74317832248d83ae.jpg
:)

bdoughty
10-05-2015, 09:23 PM
So Kansas plays Baylor this week.

http://i.imgur.com/FX8RJMt.png

Might consider taking the over.

SmoothPancakes
10-05-2015, 09:37 PM
I would take the over regardless. Baylor gonna abuse them.

baseballplyrmvp
10-05-2015, 11:18 PM
I would take the over regardless. Baylor gonna abuse them.

Is front butt weis still coaching there?

JeffHCross
10-10-2015, 09:30 PM
Is front butt weis still coaching there?Still being paid? Yes. Still coaching? No.

cdj
11-22-2015, 11:40 PM
I was looking for an old picture from the former NU-OU rivalry to razz bdoughty with in the Week 13 thread and came across this 1981 Nebraska Football schedule poster:

http://static.auctionservices.com/images/16471590/168_large.jpg

I don't think a school would even think of putting out something like this nowadays given how sensitive some people are about firearms (even those that shoot footballs).

And yes, that is Tom Osborne in the Husker stagecoach shooting at the Oklahoma player.

They don't make them like they used to.

steelerfan
11-22-2015, 11:51 PM
https://youtu.be/oV5LQcmuGg8

bdoughty
11-23-2015, 12:15 AM
And yes, that is Tom Osborne in the Husker stagecoach shooting at the Oklahoma player.

:D I never would have guessed that Tom Osbourne would be on a poster shooting a gun. A Sooner player on the other hand... Prophetic would be an understatement.

To continue with memories of the rivalry that will be back in 2021.

In my top 5 SI covers ever.

http://i.imgur.com/ByMDLqq.jpg

Rudy
11-23-2015, 04:20 AM
Curious if you Nebraska fans wish you were back in the Big 12? I'm guessing you miss those old rivalries.

cdj
11-23-2015, 06:15 AM
Curious if you Nebraska fans wish you were back in the Big 12? I'm guessing you miss those old rivalries.

Personally, I'd rather the Big 8 never allowed those four SWC remnants to join in. Obviously nowadays a larger conference would have been a necessity, but they let too many rules changes occur when Texas, A&M, Tech, and Baylor joined.

baseballplyrmvp
11-23-2015, 09:14 AM
Texas should have accepted the pac's invitation to form a super conference. Instead they formed the longhorn network.

steelerfan
11-23-2015, 09:57 AM
Texas should have accepted the pac's invitation to form a super conference. Instead they formed the longhorn network.
LHN is HILARIOUS.

I LOVE it when you can go there for a Stat-Cast of a game that is on ABC. :D

cdj
11-30-2015, 04:13 PM

With a bowl appearance, Nebraska's Mike Riley will get a $150K bonus. That bonus could come in a 5-8 season. :fp: #gbr

steelerfan
11-30-2015, 04:15 PM
:D

Why isn't Texas on that list? They beat the playoff-bound Sooners!

cdj
11-30-2015, 04:18 PM
Missouri declines bowl at 5-7. (I suppose to keep Pinkel moving out the door and to let new staff start recruitin'. Seems unfair to current players though.)

cdj
11-30-2015, 07:09 PM
Apparently, bowl bonuses will not be paid to NU coaches:

A Nebraska athletic department official said Monday that the Huskers would accept a bowl bid if offered, which became a more probable scenario with NCAA confirmation that available 5-7 teams would be selected based on Academic Progress Rate scores.

NU would not, however, pay bowl bonuses to head coach Mike Riley and his assistants that could have totaled more than $435,000.

David Witty, NU senior associate athletic director, said that decision was made by Husker Athletic Director Shawn Eichorst, who met Monday with Riley. Witty said Eichorst would have no further comment.

In the description under performance bonuses, however, there is no reference to any sort of win-loss record involved.
According to contracts for the NU assistants — and also consistent with past seasons — they are due 8.33 percent of their annual salary as a bowl bonus.

That amount would have ranged from as much as $45,815 for defensive coordinator Mark Banker and $41,650 for offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf to $22,907.50 for Keith Williams and $20,825 for Trent Bray.

While I don't think a coach should get a $150K bonus for a bowl (especially with less than six wins), I'm not sure I'm a fan of this being retracted - even if agreed upon with coaches. If the AD is dumb enough to not put a W-L requirement, I think it's more of an indictment on him than the coaches. I can't help but think the assistant coaches will be pretty turned off by this and I wouldn't blame them.

My guess is that this is a move by the Ath Dept & AD to try and save face since the AD is not very popular in the state.

steelerfan
11-30-2015, 07:11 PM
Gotta agree, cdj. If it's not in writing, they better pay up.

JBHuskers
11-30-2015, 09:02 PM
It was slid under the door with a wink and a pile of blow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

baseballplyrmvp
11-30-2015, 09:19 PM
I'm depressed about the Helton hire. Days after Sark was fired, John Harbaughs agent reached out to SC and Harbaughs wife wanted him to take it. Sean Payton was also reportedly very interested in wanting the job. Chipper expressed high interest but he wouldn't stay 5+ years. Bringing Pete back was a talked about option but he wanted it in his contract that Kris Richard would take over when he'd retire.

We had so many options to choose from, and we settle to Helton. :fp: :smh:

souljahbill
11-30-2015, 11:16 PM
Where did these names come from? Sean Payton and John Harbaugh aren't on the hot seat despite having bad seasons this year and Chip ain't leaving Philly unless he's told to go. Pete Carroll leaving Seattle?

With all due respect, this sounds like message board pipe dreams.

baseballplyrmvp
11-30-2015, 11:43 PM
Where did these names come from? Sean Payton and John Harbaugh aren't on the hot seat despite having bad seasons this year and Chip ain't leaving Philly unless he's told to go. Pete Carroll leaving Seattle?

With all due respect, this sounds like message board pipe dreams.

Message board people who have inside sources within the program (friend/relative on the team/staff or alum)

There was serious talk about all these options. Unfortunately, the school president and AD don't want the football coach to be the face of the school.

Pete's fighting for a playoff spot. The job was his if he wanted to leave the Hawks (he wouldn't have been fired if we missed the playoffs this year).

Harbaughs agent reached out to SC. He had his wife's approval. Apparently there were serious talks a few weeks ago. Payton never had more than a few phone calls just judging interest. Philly higher ups are ready for Chip to leave.

But Helton kept winning. And that was good enough for the pres and Ad.

JBHuskers
12-01-2015, 01:38 AM
Doesn't every message board person have inside sources?

steelerfan
12-01-2015, 01:53 AM
Reliable sources on a fanboy message board. :D:D:D:D

See where believing that shit got you?

bdoughty
12-01-2015, 03:55 AM

Why isn't Texas on that list? They beat the playoff-bound Sooners!

If they beat Baylor this week, they will have 5 wins too and a possible bowl big!

They won't beat Baylor.

SmoothPancakes
12-01-2015, 07:13 AM
If they beat Baylor this week, they will have 5 wins too and a possible bowl big!

They won't beat Baylor.

Why not? They beat Oklahoma! :)

steelerfan
12-01-2015, 09:00 AM
Why not? They beat Oklahoma! :)
They did! I saw it! It was AMAZING!

bdoughty
12-01-2015, 09:04 AM
Fun fact: We lost to Texas. Just making sure everyone was aware of that. Will re-post this public service announcement when OU is selected to playoffs.

baseballplyrmvp
12-01-2015, 09:24 AM
Reliable sources on a fanboy message board. :D:D:D:D

See where believing that shit got you?

Those same sources are also the ones with all the recruiting info and are spot on with their info 99% of the time. There's 5 people on the USC board I visit, that when they say something, you stop and listen.

SmoothPancakes
12-01-2015, 06:22 PM
Fun fact: We lost to Texas. Just making sure everyone was aware of that. Will re-post this public service announcement when OU is selected to playoffs.
Just further proof that the CFP is in need of changes. Lose to Texas and get into the CFP. How ridiculous.

bdoughty
12-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Just further proof that the CFP is in need of changes. Lose to Texas and get into the CFP. How ridiculous.

Something is ridiculous but it is not the polls. Fresh of the press.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVLdpg3XAAEZXKe.png

SmoothPancakes
12-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Absolute joke. An Oklahoma team who LOST to Texas, ahead of an undefeated Iowa. Total joke. Oklahoma has no business ahead of an undefeated team. They lost to Texas.

bdoughty
12-01-2015, 06:29 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9OhKLxCUAAHHZf.jpg

souljahbill
12-01-2015, 06:33 PM
The only change I'd make is I'd switch Michigan St. and Iowa. Iowa is finally gonna play a good team this week.

SmoothPancakes
12-01-2015, 06:38 PM
Iowa is undefeated. Oklahoma lost to Texas. Oklahoma can suck a dick. I look forward to their horseraping at the hands of Alabama in a month.

bdoughty
12-01-2015, 06:38 PM
The only change I'd make is I'd switch Michigan St. and Iowa. Iowa is finally gonna play a good team this week.

Yeah, I think Mich St puts a beating on Iowa. Now it gets interesting if Clemson loses to North Carolina. North Carolina is way back at #10. So it would lead me to believe Ohio St or Stanford jumps in. Depending on how well Stanford does against USC.

bdoughty
12-01-2015, 06:41 PM
Iowa is undefeated. Oklahoma lost to Texas. Oklahoma can suck a dick. I look forward to their horseraping at the hands of Alabama in a month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia3sB4uEqH0

SmoothPancakes
12-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Oklahoma football, good for nothing but making kids cry.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/01/06fdbeffa3977fc677536d52301eca93.jpg

steelerfan
12-01-2015, 07:25 PM
I wonder if there has ever been a National Champion that lost to an 8-loss team? Or even 7, if you believe Texas will beat Baylor.

I know it's apples and oranges because of the playoff but I'd be interested to know what the record was of the worst team that ever beat an eventual National Champion.

bdoughty
12-01-2015, 07:37 PM
I wonder if there has ever been a National Champion that lost to an 8-loss team? Or even 7, if you believe Texas will beat Baylor.

I know it's apples and oranges because of the playoff but I'd be interested to know what the record was of the worst team that ever beat an eventual National Champion.

Just last year Ohio State lost to a 6 loss Va Tech, at HOME and by 2td's. We do need to factor in the Texas game is a rivalry game played on a neutral site.

LSU lost to two 5 loss teams and won the title in 2007. That is as far as I am going back, it's all a moot point.

JBHuskers
12-01-2015, 08:03 PM
It's a moot point talking about a loss in week 1 or 2 like North Carolina or Ohio State last year.

SmoothPancakes
12-01-2015, 09:29 PM
Just last year Ohio State lost to a 6 loss Va Tech, at HOME and by 2td's. We do need to factor in the Texas game is a rivalry game played on a neutral site.

LSU lost to two 5 loss teams and won the title in 2007. That is as far as I am going back, it's all a moot point.
Yeah, but that was at the beginning of the season. And as you said, VT only lost 6 games. Oklahoma was already a couple games in before losing to Texas. A BAD at least 7 loss Texas.

It's a moot point talking about a loss in week 1 or 2 like North Carolina or Ohio State last year.

:nod:

Rankings should be Clemson, Iowa, Alabama, MSU, Ohio State (only lost by 3 to a very good MSU), North Carolina (lost to a bad South Carolina, but it was at the start of the season), Oklahoma (lost to a terrible Texas).

Could even make the case for Stanford over Oklahoma. Stanford lost to a good Northwestern by 10, but it was at the start of the season and Stanford had to travel to Northwestern for what was for them a very early kickoff. And then only lost by two to a good Oregon.

Oklahoma lost to Texas.

gschwendt
12-02-2015, 09:54 AM

Arkansas State will almost certainly be playing Louisiana Tech.

SmoothPancakes
12-03-2015, 09:33 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/12/02/espn-explains-why-navys-keenan-reynolds-was-removed-from-heisman-voting-page/

ESPN can officially suck my dick. I can't wait for the day to come that these cock gobbling fucktards go out of business. I will happily piss on the ashes of their company.

souljahbill
12-03-2015, 11:35 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/12/02/espn-explains-why-navys-keenan-reynolds-was-removed-from-heisman-voting-page/

ESPN can officially suck my dick. I can't wait for the day to come that these cock gobbling fucktards go out of business. I will happily piss on the ashes of their company.

You'll be dead long before that happens.

SmoothPancakes
12-03-2015, 11:53 AM
You'll be dead long before that happens.

Then I'll make sure it's in my will for any future relatives to piss on their ashes.

Nothing but bullshit. ESPN can't even avoid manipulating a fucking Heisman fan vote.

I love how they claim they have no control over it, yet they admit that who their "Heisman experts" vote for each week on TV or online (wherever the hell they do it) directly affects who is listed on the fan vote.

If who your "Heisman experts" mock vote for who should win the Heisman each week is affecting who gets to be listed or not in the fan vote, then yes, you have TOTAL FUCKING CONTROL over the fucking fan vote, making it nothing but a fucking sham by trying to direct votes toward certain players based on who your "experts" think should win it.

Does Keenan Reynolds have a chance of winning the Heisman? No. But for the overwhelming leader in the Heisman fan vote to be completely removed from the list after having appeared on there for multiple weeks before, all because a couple of cock sucking fucktards who claim to be "experts" don't think he deserves a single mock vote amongst themselves, a mock vote that is being made for nothing more than to fill column space online or air time on TV with something other than ESPN's typical regurgitated bullshit, and then the company make the bullshit claim that they have no control whatsoever over who gets listed, despite who their fucktarded "experts" mock vote for affecting who gets listed, ESPN can go fuck themselves.

ESPN is nothing but a bunch of cock sucking cock gobbling fucktards who can all cumulatively go choke on a bag of fucking dicks.

baseballplyrmvp
12-07-2015, 08:38 PM
So here's a question for you clw

Today Steve Sarkisian filed suit against USC, suing them for $30 million for lost wages. USC fired him a few months ago for showing up to work completely trashed after the loss to Washington.

In the lawsuit today, Sark cited that USC fired him for alcoholism, which in the state of California, constitutes as a disease and a disability. So Sark is claiming that USC fired him because of his disability.

There's a lot of smaller details but that is the main point to the lawsuit. What do you think?

MysticalDL
12-07-2015, 08:44 PM
Sark is trash & a joke.

California law is a joke. Alcoholism is a addiction, not a disease. I hope no other college football program attempts to hire his worthless ass.

Rudy
12-07-2015, 08:56 PM
I think Pat Haden has messed things up pretty good. I also think Sark will be lucky to coach at Idaho so he's desperate for any cash and will pray for a settlement consisting of a lifetime supply of beer.

MysticalDL
12-07-2015, 09:02 PM
Nah, even has standards man. I think this is the last we will hear from Sark in the FBS for a long time. He'll probably have to goto D2 or D3 after this if he wants a HC job again.

gschwendt
12-07-2015, 09:04 PM
So here's a question for you clw

Today Steve Sarkisian filed suit against USC, suing them for $30 million for lost wages. USC fired him a few months ago for showing up to work completely trashed after the loss to Washington.

In the lawsuit today, Sark cited that USC fired him for alcoholism, which in the state of California, constitutes as a disease and a disability. So Sark is claiming that USC fired him because of his disability.

There's a lot of smaller details but that is the main point to the lawsuit. What do you think?
I'm not a lawyer but my understanding is you can't fire them fire being an alcoholic but you can fire them for showing up drunk.

Ex. Johnny's employer finds out Johnny is an alcoholic. However, he never drinks on the job and it never affects his work, the employer cannot fire him. But, if Johnny shows up to work drunk, they can fire him with just cause.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

baseballplyrmvp
12-07-2015, 09:09 PM
I think Pat Haden has messed things up pretty good. I also think Sark will be lucky to coach at Idaho so he's desperate for any cash and will pray for a settlement consisting of a lifetime supply of beer.

Apparently fireball was his drink of choice.

Haden is the worst AD in the country. Nikias, the school president is not a football fan, and it shows. Helton was Nikias' choice cuz he was tired of the university getting embarrassed in the media. He also did not want the football coach to be the face of the university. Haden has never done anything good for the football program. He has no sack and is spineless.

baseballplyrmvp
12-07-2015, 09:11 PM
I'm not a lawyer but my understanding is you can't fire them fire being an alcoholic but you can fire them for showing up drunk.

Ex. Johnny's employer finds out Johnny is an alcoholic. However, he never drinks on the job and it never affects his work, the employer cannot fire him. But, if Johnny shows up to work drunk, they can fire him with just cause.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Right. And since Sark showed up absolutely trashed, he was fired for just cause, IMO. But there's always that one judge who doesn't see things straight.

MysticalDL
12-07-2015, 10:42 PM
Hell in the past Arkansas fired Houston Nutt for his off the field antics. So USC could claim to have fired Sark as a way of USC trying to regain integrity.

bdoughty
12-15-2015, 07:31 PM
Where is G, to present the holiday happenings at Arkansas St?

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2015/12/14/10109946/red-wolves-gingerbread-house-contest-arkansas-state?_ga=1.39561955.1341933716.1450121206

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWJuWSxU4AAPfE3.jpg:large

AustinWolv
12-16-2015, 04:22 PM
Apparently fireball was his drink of choice.

Haden is the worst AD in the country. Nikias, the school president is not a football fan, and it shows. Helton was Nikias' choice cuz he was tired of the university getting embarrassed in the media. He also did not want the football coach to be the face of the university. Haden has never done anything good for the football program. He has no sack and is spineless.

David Brandon was likely worse......

bdoughty
12-17-2015, 07:22 PM
Gigem on suicide watch. Top 2 QB's have now transferred.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/12/16/texas-am-quarterback-kyler-murray-transfer/77442862/

bdoughty
12-25-2015, 06:56 AM
Former Aggie, now a Sooner. This kid must really hate the Longhorns. See you in 2017 Kyler.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14434094/kyler-murray-former-texas-aggies-quarterback-headed-oklahoma-sooners

cdj
01-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Barry Sanders, Jr. transferring from Stanford. Saw some speculation he may be looking at Oklahoma State.

gschwendt
03-01-2016, 01:03 PM
The SunBelt Conference is holding a teleconference today at 2pm CT. Rumors are saying that both Idaho & NMSU will have their renewal declined meaning they would be gone from the conference after the 2017 season.

Unless we already have two other schools ready to move to FBS, it doesn't make a lot of sense. That will put our conference at 10 teams likely creating a 9 game conference schedule. As G5 schools, you almost have to have a minimum of 4 OOC games in order to survive (1-2 body bag games, 0-1 FCS games, 1-2 G5 Home & Home series).

souljahbill
03-01-2016, 04:27 PM
Guess that FCS game is gone unless it's an in-state game where you'll get a good gate.

bdoughty
03-01-2016, 08:04 PM
Progressives being progressive.

http://news.yahoo.com/ivy-league-mulls-banning-tackles-football-practices-210525489--nfl.html?nf=1

Football practices at the United States' elite Ivy League universities may be a little bit quieter next year as coaches consider banning tackling outside of actual games, a spokesman for the league said on Tuesday.

Which will lead to poor tackling due to lack of repetition and probably lead to even more injuries. If you do not want to get hurt, don't play.

steelerfan
07-11-2016, 10:20 AM
Nice mug, North Texas. :fp: :D

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160711/9007847a7a36c8b346b88214c68ebd25.jpg

SmoothPancakes
07-11-2016, 11:14 AM
Now that is an awesome mug! I want one, that way when someone is being a cunt, I can just have it set on my desk and drink from it with the logo facing them. :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rudy
07-11-2016, 05:43 PM
That's hilarious. :)

bdoughty
07-11-2016, 11:28 PM
I am embarrassed it took me a few minutes to see what was so funny.

cdj
07-18-2016, 12:26 PM
Preliminary discussions have begun within two influential college football bodies into possibly removing kickoffs from the game, CBS Sports has learned.

Both the American Football Coaches Association's board of trustees and the NCAA Division I Football Oversight Committee have at least had informal talks about the possibility.

The reason: player safety.

"I don't think there is any doubt it is the most dangerous play in the game," said Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby, chairman of that oversight committee. "How much that's the case and how we can fix it is unknown."

Both entities are reviewing injury data to gauge the impact of kickoffs. Preliminary indications are that injuries occur at a higher rate on kickoffs, according to sources.

Any rules change probably won't come until after the 2017 season. Eliminating kickoffs has not yet been a discussion for the NCAA rules committee, according to its secretary-rules editor Rogers Redding.

However, rules changes typically bubble up to the committee from coaches and administrators. The AFCA acts in an advisory role to the NCAA rules committee. The oversight committee vets any changes by the rules committee before approving them.

Link: CBS Sports (http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/discussions-about-eliminating-kickoffs-in-college-football-have-begun/)

Rudy
07-18-2016, 05:44 PM
I know a lot of people like the kickoffs but I really don't care. Just line up on the 20 or 25 and start the game and I'd be fine with it.

bdoughty
07-18-2016, 05:58 PM
First kickoffs, then punts, then tackling... Probably 5 years away from.

http://i.imgur.com/t7LbO6M.jpg

I know a lot of people like the kickoffs but I really don't care. Just line up on the 20 or 25 and start the game and I'd be fine with it.

Yes, and doing so we eliminate the excitement of onside kicks at the end of games.

Rudy
07-18-2016, 06:50 PM
Forgot about the onside kick. Maybe you choose onside kick or not (starts on 25).

cdj
07-19-2016, 07:54 AM
Why don't they start by not allowing the kickoff team to run forward prior to kickoff? That would slow down some of the player momentum and be a better starting point than just banning it, IMO.

steelerfan
07-19-2016, 08:17 AM
Maybe they should just use a proper kickoff.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160719/1ef42200dd994eb6e49d18e114305dac.jpg

Rudy
07-19-2016, 02:48 PM
Boo!

bdoughty
07-19-2016, 05:59 PM
Maybe they should just use a proper kickoff.

It takes mad skills to perform a lateral kick of a few yards. Oh the excitement!

steelerfan
07-19-2016, 06:14 PM
It takes mad skills to perform a lateral kick of a few yards. Oh the excitement!
It's going to look highly skilled when compared to the future of American Football's "kickoff". ;)

bdoughty
07-19-2016, 06:17 PM
Never! I am petitioning to have them change the kickoff to "P for K!" Going to go old school yard ball now.

steelerfan
07-19-2016, 06:22 PM
Never! I am petitioning to have them change the kickoff to "P for K!" Going to go old school yard ball now.
Maybe "make it, take it" or "losers walk"?

bdoughty
07-19-2016, 06:32 PM
Maybe "make it, take it" or "losers walk"?

That would be tough to pull off in today's college environment. Half the student body would be triggered and leave the game.

steelerfan
07-19-2016, 06:58 PM
That would be tough to pull off in today's college environment. Half the student body would be triggered and leave the game.
I'm not sure that half the student body is even aware they're at the game.

Rudy
07-19-2016, 07:47 PM
I'm not sure that half the student body is even aware they're at the game.

I'm honestly amazed when I talk to some people that go to a football game and can't even remember a thing. If you just want to get smashed there are a ton of cheaper options. Co worker has (shares) Michigan season tickets and he is always hammered and only cares about tail gating and drinking.

SmoothPancakes
09-13-2016, 12:34 PM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160913/437653518d4a87b55ab070df3bff524e.jpg

bdoughty
09-13-2016, 04:22 PM
The Athletic Director is the one holding the Colorado flag. ;)

http://i.imgur.com/mnWaY6Y.jpg

souljahbill
09-13-2016, 07:22 PM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160913/437653518d4a87b55ab070df3bff524e.jpg

LMAO!

My favorites are the Right Guards and the fact that Bernie Sanders is a Free Safety.

SmoothPancakes
09-13-2016, 10:44 PM
Oh, it got better throughout the day. Twitter battle!

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/QTP_ColoradoTrollsHarbaughKhakis/colorado-continues-troll-michigan-leading-game-day

bdoughty
09-14-2016, 05:02 AM
Michigan is so going to wipe the floor with them.

cdj
07-16-2017, 07:51 PM

bdoughty
08-20-2017, 09:50 PM
Okie St being Okie St. Like the other Aggies in Texas, they love those fictional titles and now they had the balls to stick it inside the stadium.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/oklahoma-state-is-really-proud-of-the-1945-national-championship-they-didnt-win

The 1945 Army team is considered of the greatest teams of all time. They even beat Germany and Japan that same year. ;) When Alabama does not claim a national title and they went undefeated that year, you know how good Army was.

bdoughty
08-23-2017, 08:51 PM
We have reached the boiling point on the PC stupidity.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/msespn-pulls-asian-announcer-named-robert-lee-off-uva-game-avoid-offending-idiots/

Not really shocked ESPN did this but still...

cdj
08-23-2017, 10:36 PM
We have reached the boiling point on the PC stupidity.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/msespn-pulls-asian-announcer-named-robert-lee-off-uva-game-avoid-offending-idiots/

Not really shocked ESPN did this but still...

They seem to keep doubling down on every press release they've put out in response, too.

bdoughty
08-24-2017, 01:52 AM
They seem to keep doubling down on every press release they've put out in response, too.

The internal meme memo is a hoot. We have no concern but their is some concern, so the guy lives in Albany and will be closer to home covering the Pitt game.

http://i.imgur.com/eIV1X3F.jpg

Rudy
08-24-2017, 06:08 AM
It's almost unbelievable really. Give people a little more credit than kicking a guy off the game.

bdoughty
08-24-2017, 08:38 AM
It's almost unbelievable really. Give people a little more credit than kicking a guy off the game.

I think a bit of it comes from the people offended by the Draft Auction. There were quite a few people calling it a slave trade, though white players (Tom Brady for example) were also auctioned off. ESPN apologized because that is what they do when the offended demographic is not a white straight male.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4asglSLdWRU

cdj
08-24-2017, 12:22 PM

I agree. It was an ESPN3 broadcast anyways, so what - maybe a couple hundred people watch and even fewer make the Robert E. Lee/Robert Lee joke/connection? It almost seems like they wanted this attention given how they are handling it.

cdj
08-28-2017, 02:05 PM
Nebraska’s athletic department has requested Fox Sports stop running a 30-second ad as part of the network’s promotion of its new TV contract with Big Ten football.

NU athletics didn’t have prior knowledge of the promotion’s content, said a Nebraska athletic department spokesman, and has requested Fox no longer run the promotion. Once the season begins, Fox will use more straightforward promotions for upcoming games.

“It’s not really the direction we want the brand to go in,” said David Witty, senior associate athletic director for marketing and communications. Witty said Nebraska is happy to collaborate with Fox on promotional ideas in the future. Witty said he doesn’t think the ad will run on TV, but it lives on Twitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiCvzTOlKPQ

I thought it was funny/cool, but the Ath Dept seems pretty strict on making sure the brand never comes across that way.

steelerfan
08-28-2017, 03:18 PM
I thought it was a cool spot.

WTF do they want? To make Nebraska look like Manhattan? I'd be curious to hear what part of that they feel hurts the brand and how they prefer the brand be presented.

I'm guessing they think it conjures images of horrific violence or some such nonsense.

cdj
08-28-2017, 04:35 PM
I thought it was a cool spot.

WTF do they want? To make Nebraska look like Manhattan? I'd be curious to hear what part of that they feel hurts the brand and how they prefer the brand be presented.

I'm guessing they think it conjures images of horrific violence or some such nonsense.

I'm guessing you are correct. If so, they'd be better off asking for the line 'sacrifice' to changed to 'no one survives' or something less violent. Instead, if FS pulls the ad, now there is no NU ad running while every other school has one airing. Brilliant loss of exposure. :fp:

The ad could be worse. Minnesota's basically says they are serial killers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6acIaLmlis

Rudy
08-29-2017, 04:25 AM
Pretty thin skinned by NU.

bdoughty
08-30-2017, 07:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsJ95u4OK9Q

SmoothPancakes
10-11-2017, 04:06 AM
A look into the thoughts of Gary Anderson over the course of the season before he abruptly quit.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2017/10/canzano_gary_andersens_exit_ro.html

Rudy
10-11-2017, 07:02 AM
Crazy to walk away from that much guaranteed money. Probably also a bad idea to pay a HC $3M a year and then have little left over for other resources. It's one reason Bielema (not a fan) left Wisconsin. He made good money but he wanted more money for assistants and things.

I wonder if Nebraska can trade Riley to them lol.

SmoothPancakes
11-16-2017, 08:36 AM
For once, I agree with Max Kellerman. He summed my thoughts up perfectly on why I prefer college football over the NFL any and every day of the week.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/21424184

Rudy
11-16-2017, 09:11 AM
I do like the greater variety of styles in college, the more wide open game. I love how colleges WANT coaches that think outside the box and change the game. The NFL coaches are mostly conservative cardboard cutouts where the offenses seem to all be the same. And as soon as someone wants to try something different in the NFL (Wildcat, Chip Kelly, even run & shoot) the experts trash it all the time and pray for it to fail. NFL coaches really tend to sit on a soapbox too saying you can't grade them since you don't know what you are talking about. And I love the pressure of the regular season in college football too.

That said, I personally prefer the NFL because the Dolphins are my team. I don't have an emotional connection to a college program. Michigan is a side chick for me and I haven't even paid that much attention to them lately. I love the schedule difficulty a lot more in the NFL as each game will be a challenge. I HATE creampuff games. I don't ever want to see a top program play an FCS team. Also, in the NFL you know the stars in the game. That helps make games more interesting when you know the players better for me. Fantasy football has really helped pushed that and kept interest artificially high in the NFL. I know a lot of guys that only follow the NFL because of FF.

I think sometimes people can say, "Look at how great college game 1, 2 or 3 was this weekend." But there are still a ton of BAD games on a schedule that hold zero interest for me (but true for both sports).

bdoughty
12-15-2018, 08:17 PM
An Illustrated history of College Football (over 500 images)

https://imgur.com/t/sports/Jq7c3

I have seen something similar posted a long time ago but this has even more images and the quality of the images, even the really old ones are fantastic.

https://i.imgur.com/4weZNZ0.jpg

bdoughty
01-16-2019, 07:27 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25778069/alabama-quarterback-jalen-hurts-transfer-oklahoma-senior-season

Another year, another transfer QB with Heisman potential.

bdoughty
03-08-2019, 11:53 PM
Posted on the wall inside their football complex in Morgantown. West Virginia has officially been banned from winning the 2019/20 Big 12 Title because Longhorn fans and our commissioner are a bunch of tea-sipping titty-babies.

https://i.imgur.com/2QJe4Pq.jpg

Worth it! They have not been banned yet but they will have start each game down a touchdown for being so mean.

bdoughty
03-12-2019, 02:59 AM
I do love me some SEC Shorts. Gotta love that new Big 12 tradition! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR0Atcc2-qw

bdoughty
04-13-2019, 07:39 PM
Did Ram get a job at Nike? Mich St unveils this monstrosity. It looks even worse in the tweet, let the gif load.

https://i.imgur.com/ExVS8Sj.jpg

Rudy
04-14-2019, 05:21 AM
I don’t mind them. Just not a real fan of the pant colour. But MSU has always been boring. These are not lol.

SmoothPancakes
04-14-2019, 04:25 PM
Those are terrible, but nothing will ever top those god awful uniform abortions that Baylor's basketball team wore a couple years ago. God I hope the Baylor Highlighters never make another return.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190414/ce4270ad049ee4bc97158ece69e63796.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

bdoughty
04-14-2019, 06:19 PM
Oh for me that goes to the Electric Green uniforms that glowed in the dark during introductions. You simply can't beat Oregon at it's own game.

https://i.imgur.com/hoH9LEy.jpg

SmoothPancakes
04-14-2019, 10:21 PM
Oh god, I forgot about those things. I wish I hadn't been reminded. :D

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk