PDA

View Full Version : Random College Football Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

JeffHCross
07-06-2012, 06:02 PM
I happened to notice that the school had "extra copies" of the DVD on sale (been on sale again since April ... originally it sold out in a few weeks when it was first released). Came in today. Perfect! :)

AustinWolv
07-09-2012, 02:00 AM
Or you could watch OSU/UM 2011.

JBHuskers
07-10-2012, 02:11 PM
The new football field at NAIA school Lindenwood University-Belleville (IL)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/Lindenwood.jpg

AustinWolv
07-10-2012, 02:27 PM
That is kind of hard to look at.

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2012, 02:35 PM
:fp:

morsdraconis
07-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Ok, this is going to sound VERY Ram like, but I actually kind of like that...

souljahbill
07-10-2012, 03:19 PM
The more colored fields, the better, I say. I love 'em! To bad I'm not rich enough to donate a gold field with black lines/numbers to Southern Miss because I'd totally do it!

Kingpin32
07-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Yeah, i kinda like it too.

ram29jackson
07-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Greg Reid FSU CB-

In case you missed it earlier Wednesday, Florida State cornerback Greg Reid made it back in the news, and for rather unpleasant reasons.

According to the Lowndes County (Ga.) Sheriff’s Office, the senior was arrested in South Georgia on Tuesday for driving with a suspended license, driving without a seat belt, and for being in possession of marijuana. He has since bonded out.

More details on the arrest can be found in this story from earlier today . As of the initial posting of this blog, the police report in the incident has not yet been released by the Georgia State Patrol, the arresting agency.

Remember, this is the second time less than a year that Reid was arrested. Last September, he was arrested for perjury in an unofficial proceeding and resisting arrest following a bizarre incident involving his scooter and an alleged suspect who was a friend of his from home.

Reid is from Valdosta; the county seat for Lowndes County.

As the story linked above indicated, charges in the scooter incident were later dropped.

After flirting with the NFL Draft process in January, Reid’s decision to return to FSU was in part impacted by what he felt was personal growth. In April, he told the Orlando Sentinel that he began realizing it is time to start “growing up and just be a man.”

For his sake, let’s hope this is but a minor setback on that individual journey toward manhood.

Yours truly actually is on vacation this week, but I’ll be working this story some in the next day or so. Depending upon what the police report reveals, as well as what Reid will say, this story could have its share of changes. Be sure to follow along here to see what comes of it next.

Also, even though I’m actually out this week, be sure to still follow along here on the blog to see other posts with respect to preseason football

SmoothPancakes
07-11-2012, 03:41 PM
A link to the source would be helpful.

AustinWolv
07-11-2012, 03:56 PM
but I’ll be working this story some in the next day or so. Depending upon what the police report reveals, as well as what Reid will say, this story could have its share of changes. Be sure to follow along here to see what comes of it next.
Nominee for Weird Post of the week as of Wednesday.

baseballplyrmvp
07-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Nominee for Weird Post of the week as of Wednesday.

ya well, this is ram we're talking about. :D

baseballplyrmvp
07-11-2012, 10:34 PM
That is kind of hard to look at.

thats what she said. :D

baseballplyrmvp
07-17-2012, 12:03 AM
And with the commitment of 4* cornerback, Jalen Ramsey, today, :USC: takes over the #1 ranked recruiting class, despite being on ncaa sanctions and being limited to only 15 commitments this year (even though they'll sign 18 since 3 of them are EE's)

Kiffin and staff are doing incredible work!

SmoothPancakes
07-17-2012, 02:19 AM
ESPNU right now is replaying the TCU-Baylor game from last season. They have it ranked as the #2 game in their Top 25 Games of 2011. My perspective of this game has completely changed now that we know how the entire season played out. Despite Baylor going 7-6 in 2010, I still considered Baylor as basically a horrible team, that they were going to continue as the doormats of the Big 12/Big 12 South. So when TCU lost that game to Baylor right out of the gates to start the season, I thought that was a HORRIBLE loss by TCU, that they had completely just rolled over and let themselves get beat by a team they should have steamrolled by 20.

Now I look back, and looking at the entire picture of the full season, that wasn't a bad loss by TCU at all. Sure, you could say it was bad in a sense that they were getting violated by Baylor until that incredible and insane fourth quarter comeback, but it wasn't as bad a loss as I originally thought. It wasn't like a team ranked #5 in the nation losing to Appalachian State, or a major Big Ten team losing at home to Toledo or something. ;) At the time, I thought that loss to Baylor was going to screw TCU if they were in the race for the championship game, that people were going to point back to that loss to Baylor as a reason they shouldn't get in over someone else. Obviously it never ended up to that point since TCU was nowhere near the championship game or even a BCS game. But looking back now, I can appreciate the hell of the game Baylor played against a tough TCU team, knowing what they did the rest of the season and that it wasn't a fluke game but a sign of things to come.

On a related note, I'll say, I love ESPNU and CBS Sports in the off-season. ESPN and ESPN2, whenever they replay games, it always seems to be that edited to shit hour or hour and a half long speed replay of the game. This TCU-Baylor replay on ESPNU right now is three hours (1-4am) with only minor parts edited for time, but pretty much the entire replay of the original broadcast, same with replays on CBS Sports. So much nicer to actually rewatch the game like it aired and hear all the commentary in full, instead of just play...cut to pre-snap...next play...cut to pre-snap...next play.

Also, watching this right now after playing NCAA '13, EA definitely nailed the presentation. Between the ticker, the screen wipes going into replays or updates, it really does look exactly that same in the game as it does on TV. EA did a damn great job on getting all those parts of the ESPN presentation package into the game. Only problem, after listening to the commentary of this TCU-Baylor game, redo the commentary EA! New commentators, new lines, new commentary system, whatever, just redo the commentary and get it sounding like the actual commentary on TV!

souljahbill
07-17-2012, 07:57 AM
I've been watching those game replays as well. I watched the OK-Baylor game, OK St.-Iowa St. game and the OK-St.-Stanford Fiesta Bowl. They ESPNU started the USC-Oregon game after the Fiesta Bowl but couldn't finish it (sleepy). I'm guessing LSU-Bama I is #1.

JeffHCross
07-17-2012, 09:38 PM
The only problem I have with the ESPN replays is that sometimes their edit choices make no f-in sense. I think it was one of the "three hour" versions where I was re-watching the Auburn-Oregon national title game. And, I kid you not, they edited out Dyer's run that basically won the game.

SmoothPancakes
07-17-2012, 09:51 PM
The only problem I have with the ESPN replays is that sometimes their edit choices make no f-in sense. I think it was one of the "three hour" versions where I was re-watching the Auburn-Oregon national title game. And, I kid you not, they edited out Dyer's run that basically won the game.

Yeah, I have to agree with you there. Last night during the TCU-Baylor replay, they showed TCU scoring the touchdown to make it 47-45, then went to commercial. They came back from commercial and TCU offense was taking over on the Baylor 39. They completely chopped out the kickoff and RG III's 8 yard rush and fumble on first down of Baylor's drive. So all you saw on TV was TCU's touchdown and then TCU once again with the ball in Baylor territory after the commercial, with no clue or idea as to how TCU got the ball back at that spot.

While it may not be on the same level as editing out Dyer's run like you mentioned, that was still a key point in the game, as RG III's fumble set up TCU for the great field position that led to their go-ahead field goal.

JeffHCross
07-17-2012, 09:59 PM
Yeah. If they find a portion of the game between two close commercial breaks, they're going to cut it no matter what, it appears. I don't want to say it's the lazy way of picking what to edit, but there's certainly better editing choices that could be made. (i.e. you can watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA_zeMCnlWY) and get a damn good idea for the whole game, and it's a 10 minute edit!)

JBHuskers
07-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Props to Al Golden for making the tough decision to dismiss Ray Ray Armstrong.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

AustinWolv
07-18-2012, 01:50 PM
And with the commitment of 4* cornerback, Jalen Ramsey, today, :USC: takes over the #1 ranked recruiting class, despite being on ncaa sanctions and being limited to only 15 commitments this year (even though they'll sign 18 since 3 of them are EE's)

Kiffin and staff are doing incredible work!

So was Pete Carroll.......oooooooh, oops.

gschwendt
07-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Latest in Arkansas State's series of coaching profiles is on the strength & conditioning coach... probably the most interesting video of the coaching profiles so far. If you want to see any of the others thus far, here you go: http://www.youtube.com/user/AStateFootball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45dQv-ZrWus&feature=player_embedded

morsdraconis
07-18-2012, 04:16 PM
:up:

Good stuff Tommy. Those guys do a REALLY good job with producing those videos.

ryby6969
07-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Props to Al Golden for making the tough decision to dismiss Ray Ray Armstrong.

Should not be that tough for him. He was not a very good player, and not very bright on top of it! :D

baseballplyrmvp
07-18-2012, 08:54 PM
So was Pete Carroll.......oooooooh, oops.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu181/SanFrancisco__/garycolemanwtf.gif

AustinWolv
07-19-2012, 12:26 AM
Pete Carroll.....sanctions under his watch.

Lane Kiffin.....where there is smoke, there is fire.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/02/tennessee-lane-kiffin-ncaa-failure-to-monitor-/1#.UAeZS7VfFv8
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/did-espn-shelley-smith-help-lane-kiffin-commit-215108639.html
http://www.bareknucks.com/lane-kiffin-wasted-no-time-in-committing-a-recruiting-violation-at-usc

baseballplyrmvp
07-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Pete Carroll.....sanctions under his watch.

Lane Kiffin.....where there is smoke, there is fire.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/02/tennessee-lane-kiffin-ncaa-failure-to-monitor-/1#.UAeZS7VfFv8
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/did-espn-shelley-smith-help-lane-kiffin-commit-215108639.html
http://www.bareknucks.com/lane-kiffin-wasted-no-time-in-committing-a-recruiting-violation-at-usc

1. the amount of evidence that there actually was in the reggie bush case, wouldnt have held any water had USC taken the ncaa to court. had USC fought the ncaa, they would have won.
2. the kiffin who did everything wrong tennessee is not the same kiffin that's at USC. even after 3 years, tennessee fans are still butt hurt over kiffin leaving, so naturally, they're gonna do everything they can to trash Kiffin (take a look at the volquest chat forum. half of their threads talk about USC). your second link, is such a tiny violation that it was only brought attention to because it was USC and Kiffin. if it were michigan, no one would give it a second thought.

try again austin

JBHuskers
07-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Should not be that tough for him. He was not a very good player, and not very bright on top of it! :D

Ah I thought he was better than that. At least he was in the video game :D

AustinWolv
07-19-2012, 10:13 AM
try again austin
1. Had USC fought the NCAA, many other violations would have come up. Bank it, given that I know of two different current NFL players/former USC recruits both relaying stories without directly naming names but all you had to do was read between the lines of his comments made to a Rivals.com reporter about getting a monetary offer from USC. It was subscription-based content from several years ago.
2. Where there is smoke, there is fire. Keeps breaking little rules......same thing that O$U and Tressel did when they had well over 300 secondary violations during the 2000s........

if it were michigan, no one would give it a second thought.
You seem to forget that UM did get hit with violations a couple years back for even lamer reasons than Kiffin conveniently ignoring recruiting rules yet again. UM's violations were because of Rodriguez employing too many GAs and some administrative types in the AD not doing their work correctly in documenting practice hours.

College football isn't clean, sad to say.

ryby6969
07-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Ah I thought he was better than that. At least he was in the video game :D

He is a hell of an athlete and probably should have been a LB because his coverage skills are below average and that is being nice. He was the cause of multiple big plays that helped cost us games in the last few seasons. Then you add the fact that he was suspended last season for the Shapiro scandal, and then he is dumb enough to talk to a booster this season and then tweet about it? Absolute moron.

souljahbill
07-19-2012, 02:29 PM
1. the amount of evidence that there actually was in the reggie bush case, wouldnt have held any water had USC taken the ncaa to court. had USC fought the ncaa, they would have won.
2. the kiffin who did everything wrong tennessee is not the same kiffin that's at USC. even after 3 years, tennessee fans are still butt hurt over kiffin leaving, so naturally, they're gonna do everything they can to trash Kiffin (take a look at the volquest chat forum. half of their threads talk about USC). your second link, is such a tiny violation that it was only brought attention to because it was USC and Kiffin. if it were michigan, no one would give it a second thought.

try again austin

You're very defensive about the USC scandal. Anytime anyone brings it up, you come back HARD.

AustinWolv
07-19-2012, 04:53 PM
This is funny:

“Because Reuben was paid more (by Auburn) than Alabama was willing to pay him. We got boosters out there that weren’t willing to pay Reuben Foster and boosters willing to pay him in Auburn.”

http://capstonereport.com/2012/07/16/bama-great-calls-auburn-out-for-paying-reuben-foster/16896/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CapstoneReport+%28Capstone+Re port%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

;)

gschwendt
07-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Arkansas State is holding a press conference tomorrow at 1pm CT.

Rumors are circulating that Dyer is transferring though those have been pretty well debunked and that he'll be here this fall. The latest rumor though is that tomorrow's press conference is to unveil both new uniforms for this season as well as plans to update the stadium with practice facilities comparable to Ole Miss (which are extremely nice). We'll see.

baseballplyrmvp
07-19-2012, 09:19 PM
1. Had USC fought the NCAA, many other violations would have come up.
bull. the ncaa spent 4 years investigating the USC case, and they made numerous assumptions in their report against USC, in which they tried to pass off as fact. assumptions with shoddy evidence wont hold up in court. you need cold, hard evidence, and the ncaa didnt have it. they spent 4 years investigating USC. everything that was listed in the committee of infractions report, was all that the ncaa had.

JeffHCross
07-19-2012, 09:20 PM
when they had well over 300 secondary violations during the 2000s........Yaaaaaaaawwwwwnnnnnnn. I love how that number keeps growing every time you mention it.

assumptions with shoddy evidence wont hold up in court.The NCAA has no court. Nor do they have subpeona power. While I disagree with Austin's passion for everyone else having violations, the one thing I'm pretty confident in (including Ohio State) is that in any infractions case there are always more violations than what is found/reported. It's too easy to get out of talking to the NCAA (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/06/terrelle-pryor-not-talking-ncaa-ohio-state-investigation/1) for me to believe otherwise.

baseballplyrmvp
07-19-2012, 09:31 PM
You're very defensive about the USC scandal. Anytime anyone brings it up, you come back HARD.thats because the media did everything in their power to try and portray to the country that USC was this filthy program, with no control over what was going on, etc, etc, etc.....

the fact is, it wasnt true. the ncaa built a case on what-ifs, assumptions, and very little supported evidence. practically every claim they madehad some kind of issue with it, whether it was 2 conflicting stories from witnesses, or the fact that they let a notre dame alum on the committee of infractions team, where there's obviously a conflict of interest...or how paul dee was allowed to be the head of the COI when he was the AD at miami for 8 years, in which all of the stuff from shapiro went on for 4 years under dee's supervision.

AustinWolv
07-19-2012, 09:41 PM
While I disagree with Austin's passion for everyone else having violations, the one thing I'm pretty confident in (including Ohio State) is that in any infractions case there are always more violations than what is found/reported. It's too easy to get out of talking to the NCAA for me to believe otherwise.
Oh very much the case that the NCAA's rules are a joke because they aren't enforceable, except if the school decides to basically follow them. O$U's strategy, as well as SEC teams that have been "investigated" basically thumbed their nose at the NCAA and laughed all the way to the bank. The NCAA was made and continues to be made to look like a fool.
And no, I don't believe that everyone out there is breaking the rules left and right. More than people think though.

There is too much money for all parties involved to think all the big players are doing the right thing though.........and hence why ESPN, the NCAA, the BCS, and so on are ok with looking the other way while giving slaps on the wrist to play the perception game that they are enforcing the rules. ROFLMAO!

everything that was listed in the committee of infractions report, was all that the ncaa had.
Sure, if you say so. I'm sure your choice of words there was unintentional........all they "had", but not all they could have found or couldn't fully prove because people wouldn't talk since they aren't obligated to.........Terrelle Pryor knows about that convenient fact.
If you believe that U$C and Carroll were clean, I have beachfront property in the desert to sell you....

or how paul dee was allowed to be the head of the COI when he was the AD at miami for 8 years, in which all of the stuff from shapiro went on for 4 years under dee's supervision.
That joke in of itself doesn't prove or disprove that U$C was clean. Rather it shows the joke that is the NCAA and COI, along with the money that people are making behind the curtain.

gschwendt
07-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Arkansas State is holding a press conference tomorrow at 1pm CT.

Rumors are circulating that Dyer is transferring though those have been pretty well debunked and that he'll be here this fall. The latest rumor though is that tomorrow's press conference is to unveil both new uniforms for this season as well as plans to update the stadium with practice facilities comparable to Ole Miss (which are extremely nice). We'll see.
Much ado about nothing... press conference was a 7 minute Q&A basically saying Michael Dyer is staying at Arkansas State and is planning for his first opponent to be at Auburn in 2013. He'll be on the scout team this fall and will help out his fellow runningbacks however he can.

JBHuskers
07-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Much ado about nothing... press conference was a 7 minute Q&A basically saying Michael Dyer is staying at Arkansas State and is planning for his first opponent to be at Auburn in 2013. He'll be on the scout team this fall and will help out his fellow runningbacks however he can.

...and you're disallowed from using him online in NCAA 13 :nod: :D

psusnoop
07-20-2012, 01:43 PM

Not a bad idea :clap:

psuexv
07-20-2012, 01:56 PM

Not a bad idea :clap:

I just PM'd BigWy to remove him from his rosters :)

CLW
07-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Just FYI - the NCAA is not a court of law and MORE IMPORTANTLY doesn't have to follow the rules of evidence (at least as a matter of law - PR might be another issue) when determining whether a program can be punished.

NCAA v. Tarkanian, 488 U.S. 179 (1988)

baseballplyrmvp is making basically the same argument Tark made back in the day. Unless the Supreme Court changes its mind, its a loser of an argument.

Moreover, I disagree with the characterization of the evidence against :USC: as "shoddy". The evidence against the Trojans was more or less the same evidence the NCAA has against its other member institutions when it lays the hammer down.

CLW
07-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Apparently one of the victims from today's shooting was a :Colorado_State: football commit. I didn't get his name.

JeffHCross
07-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Since we're so quick nowadays to jump on the "they should get the death penalty!!!!" bandwagon, I thought this little tidbit from Rock M Nation today (http://www.rockmnation.com/2012/7/20/3169222/mizzou-sec-florida-football-spurrier) might raise some eyebrows:

But the NCAA was beginning to sniff around. Three games into the 1984 season, with Florida 1-1-1, the NCAA announced that they had found evidence of 107 major infractions at Florida. One hundred and seven! (They later cut that total down to a more tidy 59.) Florida was banned from the postseason and live television for two years, and they were forced to cut 20 scholarships over a three-year period. Pell was dumped and replaced by former Penn State quarterback Galen Hall, who had replaced Shanahan as offensive coordinator. (Hall was new to the staff and therefore untainted by the infractions.)

baseballplyrmvp
07-20-2012, 09:24 PM
Just FYI - the NCAA is not a court of law and MORE IMPORTANTLY doesn't have to follow the rules of evidence (at least as a matter of law - PR might be another issue) when determining whether a program can be punished.

NCAA v. Tarkanian, 488 U.S. 179 (1988)

baseballplyrmvp is making basically the same argument Tark made back in the day. Unless the Supreme Court changes its mind, its a loser of an argument.

Moreover, I disagree with the characterization of the evidence against :USC: as "shoddy". The evidence against the Trojans was more or less the same evidence the NCAA has against its other member institutions when it lays the hammer down.

i know the ncaa is not a court of law, however, USC would have won had it taken the ncaa to court. USC was denied due process when the ncaa initially interviewed lloyd lake. lake denied USC a presence in the room when the interview was made, and so USC was unable to cross-examine lake. in the state of california, you have a right to hear all charges/claims being made against you. not only that but lake's whole testimony against USC and todd mcnair is full of holes. multiple people contradict certain aspects of his story, and its just mind-boggling that a convicted felon can be deemed a credible witness when there's so many people saying that "he's lying about this event or this action."

if you think that a testimony that is full of holes and is contradicted multiple times isnt deemed shoddy, well, i dont know what to tell you then.

JeffHCross
07-20-2012, 09:55 PM
If they were going to a court of law, USC wouldn't have been denied due process.

baseballplyrmvp
07-20-2012, 10:16 PM
If they were going to a court of law, USC wouldn't have been denied due process.

right, which means lake's entire testimony to the ncaa would have to have been dismissed as the accused (USC) wasnt allowed a chance to cross-examine lake. and since the bulk of the ncaa's case against USC's football program was based on lake's testimony, there goes the ncaa's case.

AustinWolv
07-20-2012, 10:29 PM
U$C cheated and broke rules. Lake was just part of it. Hi OJ Mayo. Get over it.

JeffHCross
07-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Or ... USC would have been allowed to cross-examine Lake, because no one going to court would have made that decision to sink their case. What I mean is that they did what they did because it was allowed within the rules of their system. A court case wouldn't have allowed those actions to begin with.

baseballplyrmvp
07-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Or ... USC would have been allowed to cross-examine Lake, because no one going to court would have made that decision to sink their case. What I mean is that they did what they did because it was allowed within the rules of their system. A court case wouldn't have allowed those actions to begin with.

even if USC were allowed to cross-examine lake, they would have poked so many holes in his testimony, there was no possible way the ncaa could have claimed that lake's testimony was credible. the only way the ncaa would have been able to punish USC using lake's testimony was to grant lake's request of not allowing USC to be present during the interview. this allowed the ncaa to basically lead lake down a blind path, letting him make up shit as he went along, uncontested.

gschwendt
07-26-2012, 08:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgNeEjaIK7c

morsdraconis
07-26-2012, 10:37 AM
:up:

I'll say again, I'm excited to actually have a chance to watch your team play some ball Tommy. Gus Malzahn is definitely going to push your school forward and it's going to be exciting to see that school build up over the years.

JeffHCross
07-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Wow.

Sarah Wick probably doesn’t look like a transformational figure for Ohio State football. She’s a congenial 49-year-old mother of two teenage boys. But “Miss Sarah,” as the Buckeyes players call her, is leading a quiet revolution in the program.

“I was just surprised that a nutritionist didn’t work with football,” said Mickey Marotti, assistant athletic director for sports performance. “I was like, ‘Well, we’re gonna have one.’ ”

Since Wick was hired, the results from players’ improved diets are dramatic. Wick said the Buckeyes have lost a combined 457 pounds of fat and gained 520 pounds of muscle mass since she started her program.Can I join?

SmoothPancakes
07-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Wow.
Can I join?

I have to second that comment.

gschwendt
07-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Dyer dismissed from ASU Football team (http://arkansasstate.scout.com/2/1206420.html)

Rumors saying that he has some sort of weapon's charge, though no details yet.

JeffHCross
07-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Well, that didn't take long.

gschwendt
07-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Well, that didn't take long.
Nope... many expected it as soon as it was announced that he wouldn't receive a waiver. A year off for a trouble kid can often lead to distractions.

He'll likely transfer to UCA or another FCS school in the area only to not receive properly training, etc. and end up drafted in the 7th round of next year's draft.

baseballplyrmvp
07-29-2012, 11:34 PM
anyone happen to see this pic recently of alabama dt jesse williams?

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/cE6eMRCZl98W20Eo0xuRAw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusncaafexperts/jesse-williams-bench.jpg

600 pounds!! :o

gschwendt
07-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Reports saying that the reason Dyer was kicked off was because in March, he was pulled over for speeding. During the traffic stop, the cop found a small amount of marijuana and a gun. The officer gave Dyer a verbal warning on the pot & gun and essentially said "you've got a bright future on your hands, don't screw it up". Apparently this all came to light late this last week as a whistleblower called attention to it and superiors watched the stop on tape. The local paper apparently has a copy of the tape as well, though you'll have to have a subscription or pay $1 to get all of the details.

More details...
http://arkansasmatters.com/fulltext?nxd_id=565562

Update (7:15 a.m. Monday)
The Arkansas Times (http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2012/07/30/michael-dyers-problem-at-asu-may-have-included-traffic-stop) has an update on the Michael Dyer situation and ASU sourcing an article in this morning's Jonesboro Sun:
The Sun says the dismissal appears to be related to a traffic stop in March in White County. Dyer was cited for speeding 96 in a 70 mph zone and fined $17 and give five days of community service. But a Sun review of records on the stop indicates that the state trooper who made the stop found another person in the car with a handgun and a substance believed to be marijuana. No charges were filed over these items, apparently.The Sun obtained the video of the stop, which includes a conversation between Little Rock Christian graduate Dyer and Trooper Royce Denney, who either knew or came to know Dyer was a football player. The videotape shows Denney asking Dyer if the gun is registered."Carrying a pistol around? Uncool ... You've got a career ahead of you but you're being a total dumbass right now," the newspaper quotes from the video.Denney says he could report the incident to Coach Gus Malzahn, but adds: "What's the best way to make you think? You're a grown man and I'm not trying to treat you like a kid." He also reportedly tells Dyer he doesn't want to tell Malzahn about the incident "because of the NCAA crap."According to the newspaper account of the video, Dyer responds: "I'm done with this. This is my second chance over here." He urged Denney to take the gun. Eventually, Denney turns the camera off.The newspaper reports that Denney is under investigation for his actions in the traffic stop.

JBHuskers
07-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Geez the cops are even on the Arkansas State payroll :glare: :D

SmoothPancakes
07-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Well, that dumbass just got himself fired.

JBHuskers
07-30-2012, 11:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU_EMA87Fv8

SmoothPancakes
07-30-2012, 11:39 AM
:D

gschwendt
07-30-2012, 12:43 PM
Here's the traffic stop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPJzYJon_L4

skipwondah33
07-30-2012, 12:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU_EMA87Fv8Hahahahahahahahaha

skipwondah33
07-30-2012, 12:58 PM
Who drives that fast while you have a gun in the car and marijuana?

No seriously though. You would think if you have something to hide that you wouldn't be driving like you don't have something to hide

SmoothPancakes
07-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Here's the traffic stop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPJzYJon_L4

Yep, that cop's career is over. If he isn't straight fired, he's gonna be riding a desk for the rest of his career. The public will have absolutely no trust in anything that guy does from now on and any credibility he ever had in court has gone to shit.

AustinWolv
07-30-2012, 01:16 PM
No seriously though. You would think if you have something to hide that you wouldn't be driving like you don't have something to hide
You can't fix stupid.

skipwondah33
07-30-2012, 02:10 PM
You can't fix stupid.Seriously

I mean do people like that think out their decisions? Or do they just drink their "invisible juice" thinking nothing can happen? Haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBAGJmP3_80

JeffHCross
07-30-2012, 09:00 PM
I mean do people like that think out their decisions?Rhetorical question?

baseballplyrmvp
08-01-2012, 09:59 PM
montee ball attcked, hospitalized (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wisconsin-rb-montee-ball-attacked-153501587--ncaaf.html)

hope he makes full recovey

JeffHCross
08-01-2012, 10:08 PM
It sounded like he had already taken to Twitter to say he was fine by this afternoon, but maybe I saw the story wrong.

TheShockDoctor
08-03-2012, 02:11 PM
I believe Ball is alright. I thought I saw something from BTN saying he won't be available at camp. Not sure when Wisconsin starts (or started) their camp.

gschwendt
08-08-2012, 03:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uweh9XQBivQ&feature=em-uploademail

texacotea
08-08-2012, 04:25 PM
They should be fun to watch this year G for sure.

morsdraconis
08-08-2012, 04:37 PM
They should be fun to watch this year G for sure.

:+1:

Can't wait to get a chance to watch them the first few weeks of the season.

cdj
08-10-2012, 09:40 PM
As Missouri prepares for its first season in the SEC, it's all about minimizing distractions.

So when two coeds were running the stadium steps while Mizzou was practicing at Faurot Field, the Tigers' coaching staff had to put an end to that fitness regimen immediately.

According to sports reporter Eric Blumberg of KOMU-TV in Columbia, Mo., the two women were nicely asked to come back later to finish their exercise. (Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/gary-pinkel-shoos-exercising-coeds-away-mizzou-practice-151740178--ncaaf.html))

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusncaafexperts/Azx9_55CAAITN-P.jpg

JeffHCross
08-10-2012, 10:27 PM
I saw that on Twitter and thought I had seen it on here. Otherwise I would have posted it!

baseballplyrmvp
08-10-2012, 10:34 PM
so with the honey badger officially getting kicked off lsu's team today, does lsu still deserve its #1 ranking?

SmoothPancakes
08-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Denard Robinson: I could beat Bolt in 40 (http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/08/12/12/Denard-Robinson-I-could-beat-Bolt/landing_um.html?blockID=774641&feedID=3706)

Talk about delusional. :fp:

JeffHCross
08-12-2012, 05:23 PM
I, for one, would support that match actually happening.

AustinWolv
08-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Denard Robinson: I could beat Bolt in 40 (http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/08/12/12/Denard-Robinson-I-could-beat-Bolt/landing_um.html?blockID=774641&feedID=3706)

Talk about delusional. :fp:

How so? It isn't any secret that Bolt isn't that fast out of the blocks and over the first 40m, but when he strides out is when he dominates the field. Hell, was listening to one of the US 100m guys talking about his strategy in racing Bolt and it was exactly that......get a faster start and build up a lead and *hope* to hold on for the final half of the race.....to not tighten up worrying about Bolt reaching his top speed but to stay loose and just go the best he can.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_40_yard_dash_time_of_Usain_Bolt
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080820113402AAXfPNV

It isn't unreasonable at all to expect to compete with Bolt at 40y which is what Denard was talking about.

Johnson said the same thing:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/olympics-2012/titans-chris-johnson-thinks-beat-usain-bolt-40-yard-dash-article-1.1133119
NBC said Bolt's 40y time was a touch slower than Johnson's?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/04/chris-johnson-and-usain-bolt-are-working-on-a-race/

CLW
08-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Saw ESPN saying Honey Bader was considering staying at :LSU: for a year and then playing his senior season for the tigers over going down to FCS.

Escobar
08-13-2012, 05:01 PM

When you're high, you're just flying...sometimes you just lose track of how fast you are going.

SmoothPancakes
08-13-2012, 07:08 PM
How so? It isn't any secret that Bolt isn't that fast out of the blocks and over the first 40m, but when he strides out is when he dominates the field. Hell, was listening to one of the US 100m guys talking about his strategy in racing Bolt and it was exactly that......get a faster start and build up a lead and *hope* to hold on for the final half of the race.....to not tighten up worrying about Bolt reaching his top speed but to stay loose and just go the best he can.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_40_yard_dash_time_of_Usain_Bolt
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080820113402AAXfPNV

It isn't unreasonable at all to expect to compete with Bolt at 40y which is what Denard was talking about.

Johnson said the same thing:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/olympics-2012/titans-chris-johnson-thinks-beat-usain-bolt-40-yard-dash-article-1.1133119
NBC said Bolt's 40y time was a touch slower than Johnson's?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/04/chris-johnson-and-usain-bolt-are-working-on-a-race/

Because he can leave the blocks slow on 100 and 200 meter races. If it's a 40 yard race, he'll change how he leaves the blocks so he can get off to a fast start and get up to full speed much faster. He can start "slow" in the 100 and 200 meters because he has plenty of time to build up his full speed and pull away from all the slow fuckers in the race. That doesn't mean he's gonna do the same "slow out of the blocks" crap in a short 40 yard race.

AustinWolv
08-13-2012, 08:59 PM
And you presume that he can just change his acceleration capability.

baseballplyrmvp
08-13-2012, 09:20 PM
And you presume that he can just change his acceleration capability.accelerating for only 40 yards is much different than accelerating for 100 meters. taking bolts time for 40 of the 100 meters wont be the same as if he ran an actual 40 yard dash. (obviously since a meter is longer than a yard, but even if it was a 100 yard dash, his times wouldnt be the same).

baseballplyrmvp
08-14-2012, 12:07 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/san-diego-state-coach-rocky-long-doesn-t-183545835--ncaaf.html

fucking damnit......now this will actually give people a reason to go for it on 4th down every time...."well, san diego state goes for it every time" :fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp:

morsdraconis
08-14-2012, 05:23 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/san-diego-state-coach-rocky-long-doesn-t-183545835--ncaaf.html

fucking damnit......now this will actually give people a reason to go for it on 4th down every time...."well, san diego state goes for it every time" :fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp:

He's actually only saying that he's going to go for it on 4th down in their opponent's territory. Truthfully, it sounds like it's a sensationalized article by Yahoo because reading what he's saying, it's been common for other teams to do just that once they get past the 50. Hell, if it's short yardage, Navy goes for it every time, sometimes even before the 50.

souljahbill
08-14-2012, 05:40 AM
Yeah, I read how statistically, you should go for it on 4th down and how you should always go for 2 before. Didn't know about the onside kicks though. On the game, once I get to my own 45 in the game, I begin to consider it based on the situation.

mizzou24
08-14-2012, 07:55 AM
Haha at the mizzou article.. Those were some fine ladies.. Damn women that's why we never win conference championships..

SmoothPancakes
08-14-2012, 08:05 AM
There's a school down the interstate, Kenton, that does the full monty. Always goes for it on fourth down, onside kick every kickoff, goes for 2 points every touchdown.

I know it's only high school football, but it has worked really well for them. State champions in 2001 and 2002. State runner up in 2003 and 2011, in the playoffs and winning 7 games minimum (Ohio schools play 10 game seasons) almost every season.

Last year, 14-1 for the entire season, their only loss being the state championship game, losing 48-42 after giving up a touchdown with 31 seconds left to play. Looking back, went 11-2 in 2010 (lost in the regional finals), 10-2 in 2009 (lost in the regional semifinals), 7-3 in 2008 (failed to make playoffs), 7-3 in 2007 (failed to make playoffs), 5-5 in 2006 (failed to make playoffs), 7-4 in 2005 (lost in regional quarterfinals), 5-5 in 2004 (failed to make playoffs), 11-4 in 2003 (lost 12-0 in state title game), 13-2 in 2002 (won 45-13 in state title game), 15-0 in 2001 (won 40-13 in state title game).

So at least on the high school level, if you have the athletes to pull it off (and they have always had strong armed quarterbacks, fast as fuck receivers, and bulldozer running backs), you can do the whole "never punt, always onside kick, always go for 2" strategy. Last year, the fewest amount of points they scored all season, was a 24-17 win in week 1 over Coldwater, the Division V state runner up. The rest of the year, they won 40-7, 66-13, 34-7, 36-20 (against 8-3 team), 30-28 (against 10-4 team), 64-42, 70-33, 54-15, 52-32 (against 10-2 team), 74-22 (regional quarterfinal), 32-22 (regional semifinal), 30-28 (regional final), 36-6 (state semifinal), and wrapping it up with the 48-42 state final loss.

So I look forward to see what they can do with the "watered down" version of that theory on the college level of the game. The full go, balls to the wall, all out version has already been by far proven to work on the high school level.

baseballplyrmvp
08-14-2012, 09:12 AM
He's actually only saying that he's going to go for it on 4th down in their opponent's territory. Truthfully, it sounds like it's a sensationalized article by Yahoo because reading what he's saying, it's been common for other teams to do just that once they get past the 50. Hell, if it's short yardage, Navy goes for it every time, sometimes even before the 50.

ya, i know it was only for once they get past the 50, but no doubt some dumbass will try to make the argument that its a valid strategy to use.

morsdraconis
08-14-2012, 09:59 AM
There's a school down the interstate, Kenton, that does the full monty. Always goes for it on fourth down, onside kick every kickoff, goes for 2 points every touchdown.

I know it's only high school football, but it has worked really well for them. State champions in 2001 and 2002. State runner up in 2003 and 2011, in the playoffs and winning 7 games minimum (Ohio schools play 10 game seasons) almost every season.

Last year, 14-1 for the entire season, their only loss being the state championship game, losing 48-42 after giving up a touchdown with 31 seconds left to play. Looking back, went 11-2 in 2010 (lost in the regional finals), 10-2 in 2009 (lost in the regional semifinals), 7-3 in 2008 (failed to make playoffs), 7-3 in 2007 (failed to make playoffs), 5-5 in 2006 (failed to make playoffs), 7-4 in 2005 (lost in regional quarterfinals), 5-5 in 2004 (failed to make playoffs), 11-4 in 2003 (lost 12-0 in state title game), 13-2 in 2002 (won 45-13 in state title game), 15-0 in 2001 (won 40-13 in state title game).

So at least on the high school level, if you have the athletes to pull it off (and they have always had strong armed quarterbacks, fast as fuck receivers, and bulldozer running backs), you can do the whole "never punt, always onside kick, always go for 2" strategy. Last year, the fewest amount of points they scored all season, was a 24-17 win in week 1 over Coldwater, the Division V state runner up. The rest of the year, they won 40-7, 66-13, 34-7, 36-20 (against 8-3 team), 30-28 (against 10-4 team), 64-42, 70-33, 54-15, 52-32 (against 10-2 team), 74-22 (regional quarterfinal), 32-22 (regional semifinal), 30-28 (regional final), 36-6 (state semifinal), and wrapping it up with the 48-42 state final loss.

So I look forward to see what they can do with the "watered down" version of that theory on the college level of the game. The full go, balls to the wall, all out version has already been by far proven to work on the high school level.

Statistically speaking, it makes perfect sense to do all of the above. Onside kicks work ~35% of the time, but the percentage is near 50% for teams that try it more often. If even 35% of the time you are successful on the onside kick, that's ~2 out of 5 possession that would be the opponents your's instead. That's pretty damn good if you ask me.

The reason why it's so successful in high school though is the onside kick is rarely used by the majority of teams, therefore, it's rarely practiced. Compare that to a team like your mentioned above that practices the hell out of recovering and perfecting the kick and you have a MUCH higher success rate of it working.

psusnoop
08-14-2012, 10:07 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/2012/8/14/3231324/new-college-football-uniforms-2012

AustinWolv
08-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Some cool stuff there and some really bad stuff there. Nike scores some cool-looking stuff and some straight ugly gaudy stuff.

ram29jackson
08-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Minnesota's new uni =

Ski-U-Mah (slogan)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Ski-U-Mah (pronounced sky-you-ma) is a slogan used at the University of Minnesota since 1894.

Two rugby players, John W. Adams and Win Sargent, invented it by combining "Ski", a Sioux battle cry, with "U Mah", for the University of Minnesota.

In the mid-20th century, Ski-U-Mah (magazine) was a U of M humor magazine.

The wording is used as the name of a meeting room at the McNamara Alumni Center and of a campus parking lot near the TCF Bank Stadium, and as the title of a yearbook-style publication published by the Minnesota Daily. It is also part of the lyrics of the "Minnesota Rouser", "Go Gopher Victory", "Minnesota Fight" and "Minnesota March".

Starting with the 2012/13 football season, Ski-U-Mah will be placed on the rear bumper of the team's helmets, as well as sewn onto the interior of the jersey near the neck area.[1]

JeffHCross
08-14-2012, 08:04 PM
There's a school down the interstate, Kenton, that does the full monty. Always goes for it on fourth down, onside kick every kickoff, goes for 2 points every touchdown.School in Texas that does the same, with pretty considerable results.

AustinWolv
08-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Good info on MINN. I like it. Coach seems like an underdog that you want to do well versus some of the other big-name douche coaches out there.

Escobar
08-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Because he can leave the blocks slow on 100 and 200 meter races. If it's a 40 yard race, he'll change how he leaves the blocks so he can get off to a fast start and get up to full speed much faster. He can start "slow" in the 100 and 200 meters because he has plenty of time to build up his full speed and pull away from all the slow fuckers in the race. That doesn't mean he's gonna do the same "slow out of the blocks" crap in a short 40 yard race.

As a track runner, it is possible for Bolt to be beaten within the 40 yard dash. There's a reason he started out as a 200 runner and slowly moved his way down to the 100 and still has a bad start in the 100. He's 6'4", which is why he runs those fast times and also why he has a bad start. Being that tall it takes longer for your legs to turnover coming out the blocks. Why do you think you see so many short football players (Trindon Holliday and Jeff Demps) dominate in the 60m indoor and struggle outdoor in the 100m. They are short as hell and get great starts, but the longer the race the advantage/disadvantage balances out.

When my friend transferred to UH, I trained him on his speed before the season started last year. I'm 6'2" and he's 5'9". Even though I am faster than him in the 100 and 200, when we ran shorts sprints (40-50m) he would always beat me to the 30m mark. Once we got there I would even out with him and pass him, because that's when my speed kicked in and his initial burst ran out. What Denard says actually makes sense. He said he would be in trouble once he got to about 50-60m when Bolt's speed kicked in, but that first 40yards he has a shot.

ram29jackson
08-15-2012, 10:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JOJu5P7hBbo

baseballplyrmvp
08-15-2012, 10:46 PM
great story about notre dame! :clap:

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8264769/notre-dame-irish-relegated-insignificance

JeffHCross
08-15-2012, 11:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JOJu5P7hBboSaw it on Sportscenter this morning. That was pretty awesome.

ram29jackson
08-16-2012, 12:29 AM
Saw it on Sportscenter this morning. That was pretty awesome.

he needs some ratings points boosted in the game now

morsdraconis
08-16-2012, 04:27 AM
Saw it on Sportscenter this morning. That was pretty awesome.

That is definitely pretty damn cool. Vanderbilt has always been the team that I would semi-follow in the SEC. It's interesting to watch them attempt to compete in a league that they are FAR outmatched in.

SCClassof93
08-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Awesome! :up: Dread starting the season at Vandy :smh:

JBHuskers
08-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Add Notre Dame to the new unis. WOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=enMhCfQfeTw

ram29jackson
08-16-2012, 03:51 PM
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/11.jpg

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/33.jpg

insane...cool....but insane

ram29jackson
08-16-2012, 04:11 PM
I can make these in teambuilder so i'm not impressed LOL.

that said, i'm glad Mich. isnt going as wild as ND is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqyWnoD4drA

AustinWolv
08-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Fucking uniform hype crap.

I'm just glad that UM's is at least similar to the regular uniforms and looks like it belongs versus some of the ugly variations showing up out there.

gschwendt
08-16-2012, 11:09 PM
I like Notre Dame's a lot... until you see that it's a two-tone helmet. I could tolerate the navy with the Irish logo but certainly not the other half being the gold sparkle.

morsdraconis
08-17-2012, 05:08 AM
What the fuck are these people doing?! Why change shit at all?! Fuck you Nike!

SmoothPancakes
08-17-2012, 09:40 AM
:D Deadspin's remarks about the Notre Dame uniform on Facebook.

Have you seen Notre Dame's new uniforms? It's as if Northwestern's and West Virginia's uniforms had a Roman orgy

AustinWolv
08-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Fuck you Nike!
A lot of kids and people all love on Oregon as being cool and hip and all that, but all their uniform crap has made me want them to lose a lot more than I used to. I used to kind of pull for them purely from the "underdog" viewpoint, but the last few years has crashed that due to their ugly uniforms and ugly basketball court and so on.

gigemaggs99
08-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Are these for real?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/notre-dame-outdoes-itself-shamrock-series-uniforms-not-002805305--ncaaf.html

JBHuskers
08-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Are these for real?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/notre-dame-outdoes-itself-shamrock-series-uniforms-not-002805305--ncaaf.html

Scroll up and you'll see a video of them posted :D

ram29jackson
08-17-2012, 02:08 PM
aahh to go back to a simpler time when uniforms werent so weird-sarcasm

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/nebn.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/stripos.gif
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/backsuni.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/hspenn.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/oldstufffb.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/NC50s.jpg

gigemaggs99
08-17-2012, 05:24 PM
man....each day they come out with more and more...looks like I'll be bleeding the wallet dry once they put them in the uniform store....great I guess LOL

AustinWolv
08-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Yeah, ram, those simple stripe patterns are certainly "out there" compared to split design helmets and weird-ass bird-wing things on shoulders and.....oh, I needn't go on? :fp:

SmoothPancakes
08-17-2012, 10:02 PM
man....each day they come out with more and more...looks like I'll be bleeding the wallet dry once they put them in the uniform store....great I guess LOL

I should be good. I really don't have any plans or intentions on buying most or any of the uniforms in the store. About the only I would buy are those dealing with Navy or the teams I play with in my dynasty. So since I'm starting my dynasty with Tulsa, if Tulsa had a uniform in the store, I'd probably buy that, and the uniforms or any future teams I coach in my dynasty. That'd be about it. The rest, fuck it, I'll wait until NCAA '14 for them.

cdj
08-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Meet the Bane Kiffin (http://banekiffin.tumblr.com/) meme

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8tpcpvJel1rdkmrgo1_500.jpg

baseballplyrmvp
08-18-2012, 05:51 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8wtn87Row1rdkmrgo1_500.jpg

:D:D so true.

souljahbill
08-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Meet the Bane Kiffin (http://banekiffin.tumblr.com/) meme

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8tpcpvJel1rdkmrgo1_500.jpg

Why did I read this in Bane's voice?

AustinWolv
08-19-2012, 09:07 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8wtn87Row1rdkmrgo1_500.jpg

:D:D so true.

ROFLMAO!

ram29jackson
08-20-2012, 01:25 AM
Yeah, ram, those simple stripe patterns are certainly "out there" compared to split design helmets and weird-ass bird-wing things on shoulders and.....oh, I needn't go on? :fp:

the point is there was just as much experimentation as there is now. Now its just easier to do really odd or different stuff.

AustinWolv
08-20-2012, 10:09 AM
No, the point was that they were probably trying to make their players stand out for practical purposes like to find receivers or who to block, i.e. be able to tell players apart from other teams versus today's uniform "experiments" just to be different for spectacle and attract attention and show off or whatever the hype reason is.

ram29jackson
08-20-2012, 03:11 PM
No, the point was that they were probably trying to make their players stand out for practical purposes like to find receivers or who to block, i.e. be able to tell players apart from other teams versus today's uniform "experiments" just to be different for spectacle and attract attention and show off or whatever the hype reason is.

yeah, thats still called experimentation and trying to look different/unique from the other team. What ever the motive is you are still trying to be unique. But these are just one shot deals anyway. Ugly or not, theres not much to worry about..I dont think?...teams like ND arent looking for drastic permanant change..at least not like Maryland..which i like as long as only a few teams do it that extreme.

Hampton Crabbers

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/hamptoncrabbers.jpg

gschwendt
08-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Here's to starting your kids off right... (I'm not advocating Kansas or Kansas State, just rather kids who stick up for their own team).

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/kindergarten-k-state-fan-refuses-color-jayhawk-mascot-170922025.html

As Arkansas State fans, we have the same complaints. There's a thread on our message board about local teachers that decorate their classrooms with Razorbacks and don't consider anything Red Wolves. The sad part is, most often these teachers have no relationship with the Razorbacks except that they bought a t-shirt from Walmart that says "I like swine."

SCClassof93
08-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Here's to starting your kids off right... (I'm not advocating Kansas or Kansas State, just rather kids who stick up for their own team).

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/kindergarten-k-state-fan-refuses-color-jayhawk-mascot-170922025.html

As Arkansas State fans, we have the same complaints. There's a thread on our message board about local teachers that decorate their classrooms with Razorbacks and don't consider anything Red Wolves. The sad part is, most often these teachers have no relationship with the Razorbacks except that they bought a t-shirt from Walmart that says "I like swine."

:clap:

JeffHCross
08-20-2012, 09:25 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/kindergarten-k-state-fan-refuses-color-jayhawk-mascot-170922025.htmlSaw that back in February. LOVED it. Even if my g/f is a Jayhawk :D

ram29jackson
08-20-2012, 09:27 PM
the LSU football team should go against LSU in a spelling Bee..who ever wins gets a lesser NCAA punishment .

you say why, LSU isnt presently guilty of anything? If UNC is doing it, you know damn well its happening at LSU. They practically recruit from police blotters

JeffHCross
08-20-2012, 10:00 PM
What a wonderfully optimistic view of cheating, ram. :D

ram29jackson
08-20-2012, 10:59 PM
http://www.chatsports.com/michigan-wolverines/a/Former-Michigan-player-Nearly-half-the-team-was-stoned-during-Appalachian-State-loss-10-2-3043

In an exclusive interview with a former Michigan player, who came to Michigan as a freshman in 2005, for a story coming later this fall on the transition from Lloyd Carr to Rich Rodriguez, I was told some very disturbing information regarding the 2007 Michigan football team.

In a shocking revelation, this former player told me that over half of Michigan’s defensive starters and several key offensive starters partied deep into the night the night before the 2007 Michigan vs. Appalachian State game, then smoked marijuana hours before kickoff in an effort to “see how bad we can beat ‘em up if we are stoned.” The player said that the Michigan secondary and linebackers were the main participants of this group, but the ring leader was an explosive offensive playmaker, who would later be suspended during his Michigan career for failing a drug test.

According to this source, the 2007 spring and summer was one big party for the Michigan football team, with very little participation in voluntary off-season workouts, a big change from the prior season when nearly the entire team worked out together and stayed away from the summer party scene. “There was a perception that we were going to be so good in ’07 that everyone kind of thought the entire season was going to be a breeze, we would go undefeated for sure” said the former player. “There were two different teams that off-season it seems. A lot of the Ohio (high school) guys and guys from west coast stuck together, and were really into the party scene, the Michigan (high school) players and seniors were the other group. The really odd thing is that I don’t think Chad (Henne) saw any of the receivers from the time spring ball ended until the first day of fall camp. We were just a bunch of guys with our own agendas and no sense of team. Once (LaMarr) Woodley and (David) Harris left after ’06, all leadership was gone on the team.

“Mike Hart tried to be a leader, but a lot of guys disliked him and resented him behind his back. Chad (Henne) or Jake (Long) really should have stepped up when they saw what was going on, but never did. Its funny that those guys all came back for their senior seasons to win a National Title, but no one ever did anything to make sure that would happen. It all came crashing down on Sept. 1, App State day.”

The entire week leading up to the Appalachian State game was a party, it seems: “Everyone went out Thursday night prior to the game. Like, everyone. I remember some girl asking a few of the players if they were worried about the game Saturday and maybe they shouldn’t be getting so messed up, all the players around her just started laughing hysterically. It was like all my teammates thought we were playing a junior high school team on Saturday.

“The night before the game, everyone was smoking pot and having fun at the team hotel, no coaches were bothering us. The next day, (game day), one offensive player in particular was the ring leader and was messing around trying to convince all the other guys that we could beat these guys stoned and how crazy it would be to be all messed up and still ‘drop 50 on these fools’. For some reason, there was a ton of people who joined in. From what I saw and was told afterwards, 6 defensive starters and 3 offensive starters smoked up that morning. One guy in particular who I know did is the one who made the biggest error of the game and cost us a chance to win. I wonder why”

When facing Appalachian State, Michigan players nor coaches took them too seriously. “The coaches barely even game planned for App State regardless. We didn’t prepare any differently nor see any tape of their offense during game week. We were working on normal prep and facing our offense. Armani Edwards was having a field day on us because we didn’t even know he was a fast dual-threat guy. The whole week is an embarrassment. Starting that day, I never enjoyed playing football at Michigan again. That was the day that Michigan football died. Hopefully Hoke fully revives it. I know he is almost there, and that is awesome to see.”

The week following Appalachian State, Michigan was destroyed by Oregon 39-7, giving up 32 straight point after briefly leading 7-3.

It pains me to write this article. The source of the story will be revealed in a November piece called “The Transition: Carr to Rich”. For the record, the player refused to name individual players.

JeffHCross
08-20-2012, 11:21 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yes, I laugh at the misery of others (well, just Michigan). Schadenfreude.

From the comments on that story:

If you cared about theMichigan program AT ALL you would stay away from this story. Are you trying to kill us or what you moron. Rumors like this can cause a death penaltyYeah ....... you really don't understand what the death penalty is about.

baseballplyrmvp
08-20-2012, 11:33 PM
The week following Appalachian State, Michigan was destroyed by Oregon 39-7, giving up 32 straight point after briefly leading 7-3.

morsdraconis
08-21-2012, 04:53 AM

That guy's maths are good. :up:

AustinWolv
08-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Ace Williams...........long discredited as a rumor-monger.
{smirk}
http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/ace-williams-fraud
http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/ace-williams-back-it-again-kalis-wormley-and-wilson

Williams writes that the interview was for a piece that will be published in November detailing the Michigan coaching transition from Lloyd Carr to Rich Rodriguez, at which time he will reveal his insider source.
The accusations are damning, but take this alleged story with a grain of salt. We have never heard of ChatSports until reading this story. And at first glance the interview with the supposed former player reads like something too juicy to be true.

Um, details of the transition from Carr to RichRod has been discussed and covered by multiple sources and I'm a member of a small UM forum with guys who truly have inside access to practices (and where a lot of the big recruiting sites have stolen info from them over the years) from Carr to RichRod and still into Hoke's era. Hell, Bacon wrote a fucking day-to-day account of RichRod's time in Ann Arbor that was published last fall.
What does Ace think he has "new" to write about that transition?

Now, while I don't doubt some pieces of that story, i.e. it was well-known fact that Carr ever since about 2000 truly considered the offseason voluntary workouts to be voluntary and was more and more jaded about the time that football players had to put into football and were no longer student-athletes and that his recruiting was suffering, I question some other details there.

Although weed would help explain why Crable made boneheaded mistakes out of the blue now and then. ;)

The explosive playmaker line doesn't make sense either since Mario was busted earlier for weed in his career and left UM after 2007 season for the NFL. ;) But the article says a player busted after 2007, and I can assure you that UM didn't have any explosive playmakers after 2007 season.

Anyone taking bets on it being Trent Morgan who hated RichRod and thus would fit, "Starting that day, I never enjoyed playing football at Michigan again"?

AustinWolv
08-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Fun article, found it on Smart Football:
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8287610/packaged-plays-rethinking-concept-modern-play-calling

I don't really have much faith that EA could replicate packaged plays anytime soon.......

:)

JeffHCross
08-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Ace Williams...........long discredited as a rumor-monger.Agreed. I don't remember what article ChatSports wrote earlier in the year, but it was similarly outlandish and Ohio State fans threw them under the bus for it.

John Bacon is awesome.

I doubt the story is 100% true, but still a good laugh.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8287610/packaged-plays-rethinking-concept-modern-play-callingSaw the link earlier. Thanks for the reminder, I'm looking forward to reading it.

JeffHCross
08-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Ace Williams...........long discredited as a rumor-monger.Agreed. I don't remember what article ChatSports wrote earlier in the year, but it was similarly outlandish and Ohio State fans threw them under the bus for it. EDIT: Never mind, confusing my sites. ChatSports was the one with that horrible "Twitter expose" series.

EDIT: And on that note, there's no way this was the first time mGoBlog heard of ChatSports. The Yuri Wright / Twitter story had to come across their desks at some point.

I doubt the story is 100% true, but still a good laugh.

Also, John Bacon is awesome. If it wasn't about Michigan, I'd definitely consider reading his book :D

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8287610/packaged-plays-rethinking-concept-modern-play-callingSaw the link earlier. Thanks for the reminder, I'm looking forward to reading it.

AustinWolv
08-22-2012, 08:09 AM
I think it was just one of those that posts on their forum that hadn't heard of him, but mgoblog has for sure.

JeffHCross
08-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Ah, gotcha.

That packaged-plays piece was a nice read.

gschwendt
08-23-2012, 10:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-FNj1jC7xM&feature=player_embedded

gschwendt
08-23-2012, 02:32 PM
"All these people that say I'm only going to be here a year? They don't know me very well."
-Gus Malzahn

JeffHCross
08-26-2012, 03:54 PM
This isn't me being cocky, I just got done watching all of ESPN's "All-Access" for Ohio State. Some of our freshmen are good. Two years of development and those guys could be very, very dangerous as RS Sophs or Juniors. Watch out.

Noah Spence is ... wow. That man has a fire lit under his ass.

gschwendt
08-27-2012, 09:40 AM
"All these people that say I'm only going to be here a year? They don't know me very well."
-Gus Malzahn
Here's video of the actual quote:
http://www.arkansassports360.com/86368/malzahn-lunch-videos--long-term

AustinWolv
08-27-2012, 11:38 AM
This isn't me being cocky, I just got done watching all of ESPN's "All-Access" for Ohio State. Some of our freshmen are good. Two years of development and those guys could be very, very dangerous as RS Sophs or Juniors. Watch out.

Noah Spence is ... wow. That man has a fire lit under his ass.

Jeff, you got your moves down yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4pyS4X52-A

JeffHCross
08-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Jeff, you got your moves down yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4pyS4X52-ALol. I'd rather not have flashbacks to pre-game warmup, thanks. It's an interesting idea, and I heard the dry-run with the student section went well. We'll see how it goes when they're drunk.

souljahbill
09-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Just got notified by AT&T that U-Verse now has The Longhorn Network. I can watch Wyoming vs. Texas tonight if I want.

AustinWolv
09-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Just got notified by AT&T that U-Verse now has The Longhorn Network. I can watch Wyoming vs. Texas tonight if I want.

Wish they would fucking get the B10 Network streamable or affiliated through XBox Live.

baseballplyrmvp
09-04-2012, 11:00 PM
not college but here it is.....football's first black field turf

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/oregon-school-unveils-black-hole-nation-first-outdoor-103114439.html

SmoothPancakes
09-04-2012, 11:03 PM
I said it in the NCAA 14 wishlist thread, but I'll say it here again, summarized.

baseballplyrmvp
09-04-2012, 11:08 PM
I said it in the NCAA 14 wishlist thread, but I'll say it here again, summarized.

:fp:ooops. i didnt see the post that cdj made in the teambuilder wishlist thread. :D

SmoothPancakes
09-04-2012, 11:32 PM
ooops. i didnt see the post that cdj made in the teambuilder wishlist thread. :D

:D Eh, may as well discuss it here as well. I still think it's stupid. Blue was bad enough. Red too. The purple I thought was stupid. Black? When will this dumb shit end? :fp:

baseballplyrmvp
09-04-2012, 11:55 PM
i blame university of oregon. :mad:

SCClassof93
09-05-2012, 07:05 AM
:D Eh, may as well discuss it here as well. I still think it's stupid. Blue was bad enough. Red too. The purple I thought was stupid. Black? When will this dumb shit end? :fp:

When we have a rainbow field :D

souljahbill
09-05-2012, 08:16 AM
I don't see any issues with colored turfs. It's not grass. Why does it have to be green? There's a reason carpet comes in many colors. You pick whayever color carpet best matches tour room or house so why not turf? I'd LOVE to have a black turf with gold lines at :Southern_Miss:. That would be boss!

AustinWolv
09-05-2012, 10:44 AM
That would be boss!
Not if it kicks off more heat at field level.....

souljahbill
09-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Not if it kicks off more heat at field level.....

There's enough water/sports drinks/ice/fans/etc. to deal with that. Plus all these new uniforms are more "breathable." And more people can play evening games in August if necessary. Most people practice mid-afternoon which is the hottest part of the day without alarming death tolls. It's a concern but not one that can't be mostly neutralized.

ram29jackson
09-05-2012, 12:59 PM
not college but here it is.....football's first black field turf

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/oregon-school-unveils-black-hole-nation-first-outdoor-103114439.html

the bigger problem is the kids are wearing dark socks with white shoes...

AustinWolv
09-05-2012, 04:34 PM
There's enough water/sports drinks/ice/fans/etc. to deal with that. Plus all these new uniforms are more "breathable." And more people can play evening games in August if necessary. Most people practice mid-afternoon which is the hottest part of the day without alarming death tolls. It's a concern but not one that can't be mostly neutralized.
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/aug/31/nation/la-na-drought-football-20120831
http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/hsfootball/good-idea-uil-moves-to-trim-2-a-1919785.html

gschwendt
09-05-2012, 04:49 PM
ASU sold it's stadium naming rights...
http://i.imgur.com/MIjg5.jpg

ram29jackson
09-05-2012, 05:55 PM
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/aug/31/nation/la-na-drought-football-20120831
http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/hsfootball/good-idea-uil-moves-to-trim-2-a-1919785.html

ok, so...people are learning that extreme heat and cold can effect people of all ages. So, they take precautions now.

But as long as you arent too old and eat and drink decent stuff... In the 1970s when dumb coaches and smart ones who didnt know any better had guys push it without water breaks. There wasnt some rash of deaths left and right. You realize when you get older,you cant push it in the heat..but I doubt a black artificial field will up the death or hospital count in the future. all these medical advances and kids probably eat less healthy then they did 30 years ago..energy drinks are bad news too...which contribute to dehydration etc

baseballplyrmvp
09-05-2012, 11:32 PM
this is great :D i want the shirt that barkley's wearing :nod:

http://www.youtube.com/v/m9UF6mRsUf8

AustinWolv
09-06-2012, 10:39 AM
ok, so...people are learning that extreme heat and cold can effect people of all ages. So, they take precautions now.

But as long as you arent too old and eat and drink decent stuff... In the 1970s when dumb coaches and smart ones who didnt know any better had guys push it without water breaks. There wasnt some rash of deaths left and right. You realize when you get older,you cant push it in the heat..but I doubt a black artificial field will up the death or hospital count in the future. all these medical advances and kids probably eat less healthy then they did 30 years ago..energy drinks are bad news too...which contribute to dehydration etc
Kids are fatter, outside less than the old days too. Yeah, fix that stuff first, but black turf isn't going to help.

AustinWolv
09-06-2012, 10:42 AM
this is great :D i want the shirt that barkley's wearing :nod:

http://www.youtube.com/v/m9UF6mRsUf8

That was boring. And that shirt is boring.....kinda ghey really, Spurrier did visor like 20 years ago.

gschwendt
09-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Arkansas State officially announced plans to update the facilities for football today. A 22 million dollar facility to be completed by July 2014.

http://vimeo.com/48766399

ram29jackson
09-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Arkansas State officially announced plans to update the facilities for football today. A 22 million dollar facility to be completed by July 2014.

http://vimeo.com/48766399

so they can practice in safety before getting flogged by top 40 teams again and again..j/k :D

A- I wonder who's greasing who's palm to get that done
B- it looks like EA made that video
C- thats a pretty swanky set up

gschwendt
09-06-2012, 06:01 PM
I wonder who's greasing who's palm to get that done
Money will be all private funds... no university funds. Saturday we'll be announcing naming rights for the stadium and along with that, somewhere between a $15-$25 million donation to go along with that. I imagine much of that will go to the facilities plus additional donations.

SCClassof93
09-06-2012, 06:04 PM
MSU vs. Auburn. Who do you like? Pulling for MSU :nod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m6Sw26gUQo&feature=player_embedded

ram29jackson
09-06-2012, 07:50 PM
one of my friends niece/ daughter

just finished making this corn hole game for the Nebraska UCLA Tailgate

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/IMG_20120906_155130.jpg

JeffHCross
09-08-2012, 10:41 AM
There's enough water/sports drinks/ice/fans/etc. to deal with that.Yeah, 'cause athletes are so good about managing their heat level. You never hear about someone having heat stroke or getting dehydrated ... especially during HS games where players are more likely to be playing both ways and not taking a break.

Black is a bad idea. Period. Can you work around it and deal with it? Sure. But there's no upside. None.

souljahbill
09-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Yeah, 'cause athletes are so good about managing their heat level. You never hear about someone having heat stroke or getting dehydrated ... especially during HS games where players are more likely to be playing both ways and not taking a break.

Black is a bad idea. Period. Can you work around it and deal with it? Sure. But there's no upside. None.

None of those players died in game situations. Every single one was at practice. The hydration situation at practice and game day are totally different. Like most schools, we never use Gatorade for practice but we have 50 gallons of it on Friday nights. There's also a huge difference in temperature between early/mid afternoon and 7:00 in the evening.

If a high school can afford field turf, they aren't hurting for the resources to keep kids cool. With a proper hydration plan (which should be in place anyway, regardless of turf situation) can easily cancel out any heat related drawbacks.

JeffHCross
09-08-2012, 11:27 AM
None of those players died in game situations. Every single one was at practice.I didn't say anything about the deaths. Dehydration, heat stroke, and any other heat-related problems have impacts that are more than just death.

And yes, you're right, there's a big difference between mid afternoon and the evening (though not as much in Texas as in other states). So, if anyone is going to do this, I definitely prefer it to be a HS playing night games. But I'm still not supportive of it.

And I know, as a trainer, you know this ... there's a big difference between having a plan and pulling it off. Especially when it comes to know-it-all kids.

AustinWolv
09-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Dehydration, heat stroke, and any other heat-related problems have impacts that are more than just death.
Not to mention that once a person has a heat injury, it gets easier and easier to occur for that person down the road. Seen it happen often down here.

baseballplyrmvp
09-11-2012, 09:39 AM
rumors of a huge story is about to be dropped regarding auburn are starting to get around on some message boards.

AustinWolv
09-11-2012, 10:00 AM
The follow-up/rulings on Auburn, Oregon, and Miami are well past due..........

gigemaggs99
09-11-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm not sure if it's just playing lesser opponents (wouldn't think Illinois is that bad) but ASU really looks good. They move the ball down the field like nothing flat. Impressive!

ram29jackson
09-11-2012, 04:07 PM
I like finding any reason to look at Rivals.com or pro-college footballreference.com.

stat freak,number crunching good times

baseballplyrmvp
09-12-2012, 12:35 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/junior-college-linebacker-says-dismissed-because-sexual-orientation-005857698--ncaaf.html

this sounds like a bad april fool's day attempt, even though its not. first, the kid's last name is kuntz. :D second, he's 18 and dating a 65 year old. :sick: third, he's from dickinson, north dakota. :D

AustinWolv
09-12-2012, 02:06 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22359520.jpg

Ugh.

AustinWolv
09-12-2012, 04:29 PM
And along those lines.......sooooo, he met the old guy when he was 17?

Jamie Kuntz said he met the man online more than a year ago. Kuntz said the man, whom he would not identify, lives in Colorado and the two have met there a few times in recent months.
Ugh x infinity

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8368581/***-football-player-says-kiss-got-booted-team

gschwendt
09-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Apparently ryby went on a rant this week.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=knci-3G3z9o

bdoughty
09-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Jamie Kuntz said he met the man online more than a year ago. Kuntz said the man, whom he would not identify, lives in Colorado and the two have met there a few times in recent months.

I am going out on a limb and say that there would probably be similar issues if Jamie was up in the press box kissing a 65 year old woman.

That said...

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2enolyr.jpg

steelerfan
09-15-2012, 12:54 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/junior-college-linebacker-says-dismissed-because-sexual-orientation-005857698--ncaaf.html

this sounds like a bad april fool's day attempt, even though its not. first, the kid's last name is kuntz. :D second, he's 18 and dating a 65 year old. :sick: third, he's from dickinson, north dakota. :D

:D :fp:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

SCClassof93
09-15-2012, 06:19 AM
Apparently ryby went on a rant this week.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=knci-3G3z9o

"like we are Eastern Michigan" :D

psusnoop
09-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Arkansas State has to dig outta of this early hole they dug. 21-3 second quarter.

Surprises so far early start, Pitt 21-3 over Virginia Tech mid second.

ULM 7-7 against Auburn with 9 mins to go second quarter.

psusnoop
09-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Also Charlie Weis giving TCU all they can handle down 1, 7-6 late second quarter.

psusnoop
09-15-2012, 12:23 PM
Not sure how I missed this but Bethune-Cookman giving Miami all they can handle at 14-7 with just over 5 mins left second quarter.

CLW
09-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Not sure how I missed this but Bethune-Cookman giving Miami all they can handle at 14-7 with just over 5 mins left second quarter.

"The U" is going down the toilet.

CLW
09-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Maybehttp://a.espncdn.com/i/teamlogos/ncaa/sml/trans/2433.gif should just move to the :SEC: up on :Auburn: now at Auburn.

souljahbill
09-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Maybehttp://a.espncdn.com/i/teamlogos/ncaa/sml/trans/2433.gif should just move to the :SEC: up on :Auburn: now at Auburn.

LOL! If they win, they'd be atop the SEC West!

gschwendt
09-19-2012, 07:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-nQLd6z9OU

NatureBoy
09-19-2012, 01:11 PM
The SEC’s negotiations with ESPN about a new channel are nearing their final stages, and a glimpse inside the talks reveals that three issues are close to being resolved before the channel’s expected launch in August 2014.

The SEC needs the local TV rights back from the schools to give the channel part of the content it needs. Those rights belong to the schools’ rights holders — IMG College, Learfield Sports and CBS Collegiate Sports Properties — so the SEC must negotiate with them to acquire those rights before launching a channel.

Those local rights amount to one football game per school and roughly six to eight basketball games for each school, plus a host of nonrevenue sports events including baseball, softball and soccer.

ESPN is not likely to partner with another media company on the SEC channel. That leaves Charlotte-based ESPN Regional Television, the ESPN unit that operates ESPNU and manages all of the network-owned bowl games and basketball tournaments, poised to take a significant role in the channel.

Sources familiar with the negotiations say that ESPN Regional Television’s Charlotte office likely will become the headquarters for the new SEC channel because it already has the infrastructure and talent to get the channel up and running efficiently.

Months ago, Comcast reached out to ESPN about the possibility of partnering on an SEC channel, sources said. Comcast was looking into the possibility of flipping its Comcast Sports Southeast channel into an SEC channel, but those talks did not progress. Comcast is the biggest cable operator in the SEC’s markets.

As part of the deal to run the channel, ESPN will take over almost all of the SEC’s marketing rights, giving the network the ability to package its TV ad sales with the conference’s corporate sponsorships.

IMG College holds the SEC’s marketing rights, and the agency could retain some ability to sell corporate sponsorships, but those details have not been finalized. Sources say ESPN ultimately will take over those rights when it completes talks for the channel.

Such a channel eventually will become a cash cow for the conference. But the SEC will have to spend some money first to regain control over all of its live games. CBS and ESPN have the first pick of football games. Those games that are not picked fall into the schools’ local TV rights or third-tier rights package.

As part of the conference’s current arrangement, each team is permitted to televise one football game each season on pay-per-view. Some schools take advantage of that and others don’t. A pay-per-view game at one of the top SEC schools can generate around $750,000 for the rights holder.

CBS has the rights at LSU, while Learfield has Alabama, Missouri, Mississippi State and Texas A&M. IMG College has the rights at the rest of the schools, except for Ole Miss, plus a minority share of the Alabama property.

The Pac-12 had to go through similar negotiations with the rights holders when it started its networks. The league eventually agreed to pay $100 million over eight years to get those local TV rights back.

The SEC’s deal will likely be more expensive because SEC football games are considered the most valuable regular-season property in college sports. But sources say it’s a step the conference has to take to build its live game inventory. Those 14 football games, even if they are the least attractive games on the schedule, plus close to 100 basketball games, will be critical to the new channel’s programming.

The network also will need the baseball, softball, volleyball, soccer and other nonrevenue sports that have to be acquired from the rights holders.

Being able to package TV advertising from the new network into corporate sponsorships will give ESPN a sales advantage when it takes over the SEC’s marketing rights. The SEC’s list of corporate champions includes Allstate, AT&T, Dr Pepper and Regions Bank, while a second tier of sponsors has Aaron’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Golden Flake, UPS and eight others.

ESPN Regional also owns the marketing rights to the Big 12. The Pac-12 keeps its rights in-house, while Learfield has the Big Ten, and Raycom Sports markets the ACC.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2012/09/17/Media/SEC.aspx

NatureBoy
09-20-2012, 10:43 AM
:whoa: Images of USC's new John McKay Center.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/19859149/images-of-uscs-new-john-mckay-center

AustinWolv
09-20-2012, 11:30 AM
An outdoor lounge bearing Pete Carroll's name
Awesome, pay tribute to cheating!

http://www.cbssports.com/images/collegefootball/weownla.jpg

But not Palo Alto!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHA!

baseballplyrmvp
09-20-2012, 08:09 PM
didnt michigan just end a streak of like 8 consecutive losses to ohio state, last year?

AustinWolv
09-21-2012, 08:03 AM
didnt michigan just end a streak of like 8 consecutive losses to ohio state, last year?
And you are putting Stanford on the same historical and prestige as OSU? AHAHAHAHAH! OSU has had better or equal talent to Michigan throughout this decade.........can you say the same for Stanford and USC? Not even close with U$C's recruiting compared to Stanford's.
With one of the worst coaches in UM history at the helm?
And UM wasn't running around touting their NC expectations and candidacy?
Mature showing by Lame Kiffin at the press conference as usual. AHAHAHAHAHAH!

Your reply is a cute attempt, but is not equivalent by any means, especially since UM doesn't run around saying they "own" cities.

baseballplyrmvp
09-21-2012, 09:34 AM
austin, stanford has only won 4 in a row against USC. thats nothing compared to the 8 in a row that osu had on michigan or whatever the number was. they're not close. half a decade vs a full decade. stanford also would have to win every game for the next 20 years in order to even the rivalry between the two schools.

as for talent, USC has better skilled players, but stanford's have been way tougher. in this case, toughness trumps talent.

as for the lane kiffin press conference, USC initiated a policy before the season began, that reporters were not allowed to comment, interview, or report on football injuries. two weeks ago, one beat writer did (saying that our kicker was having surgury on his kicking leg), in which case USC immediately banned him for 2 days of practice before reinstating him. the other day in the post practice presser, kiffin said that the offense looked way better than what he's seen recently, and the first question asked was that if that was due to any player who had recently returned from an injury....which was a way to ask if the center, khaled holmes, was back.

the media just doesnt get it. there is a policy in place that they arent allowed to talk about injuries, and the first question asked, was if a player had returned from an injury. and now you're saying that it was mature of kiffin to walk out on the reporters? ya, he handled it very well. i would have walked out on the reporters too, after the repeated showing of defiance, and that they dont care about respecting a "no reporting of injuries" policy.

gschwendt
09-21-2012, 10:15 AM
A car dealership in Joplin, MO (about 1.5 hours north of Fayetteville) is having some fun this football season.

From September 10 (after UA's loss to ULM)
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s720x720/523539_362238607190337_2064511739_n.jpg

September 17th (after UA's loss to Bama)
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/577097_364714413609423_1450500653_n.jpg

SmoothPancakes
09-21-2012, 10:36 AM
A great and classy decision by Jumbo Fisher and Florida State. :clap:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8405297/florida-state-seminoles-commit-richy-klepal-quits-football-fifth-concussion

FSU honors offer to Richy Klepal
Updated: September 20, 2012, 11:55 PM ET
By Corey Dowlar | NoleNation

In a moment, Richy Klepal's football career was finished.

During what proved to be his final high school game against local rival Tampa Jesuit High School earlier this month, Klepal, a four-star Florida State commitment out of Tampa (Fla.) Plant, suffered the fifth concussion of his career. At that point, it was time to see if it was sheer bad luck or if there was something more.

And while his football days are now behind him, the news he got was for the better.

"I got my fifth concussion about two, two and a half weeks ago, and when I got it, I got an MRI and it showed that I have a hemorrhage in my brain," said Klepal, an offensive lineman and the No. 221-ranked player in the ESPN 300.

"It is something that if it ever -- if I ever get a major impact again in any way, I could immediately die. Any kind of concussion or head trauma or anything, that could be it."

Klepal's playing days were finished.

"There wasn't really a choice or a decision," he said. "My doctor was telling me, unless I want to take a risk of dying, it would be in my best interest (to quit). I love football more than anything, but my mental health is a little more important.

"It was definitely a wake-up call. To be honest, I was blessed that I went to get the MRI. The MRI was an optional thing. I just thought that since I had five (concussions), it would be a good time to get it. If I hadn't gotten it, it could have been a month, and I could have passed my impact test and been back out there. God forbid, if something could have happened, I could have been out there laying on the field dead."

Fortunately, Klepal is in good health and has a spot reserved for higher education.

Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher called Plant coach Robert Weiner to let him know that Klepal still has a scholarship.

Obviously, that brought about huge relief and a sense of happiness in an otherwise disheartening situation for Klepal.

"I just got a call from coach Weiner from coach Fisher that they are going to honor my scholarship, which is a huge weight off my shoulders," Klepal said. "That makes me happy."

Klepal says he will meet with Seminoles coaches on Monday to discuss the logistics of the situation in Tallahassee with his family.

"I am just more than grateful," he said.

"But the biggest thing was not being able to go out there and fight with my brothers that have been with me for the last three years. For my last game being the Jesuit game, the fact that I am not going to be able to go out there and win another state championship and be a part of the senior season, was definitely the hardest part. The scholarship, of course, came second."

gschwendt
09-21-2012, 03:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uuWPmxleZE&feature=player_embedded

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 03:37 PM
C'mon Tommy, if it was ASU players you'd be :))

SmoothPancakes
09-23-2012, 12:39 PM
So I'm watching Fresno State-Tulsa replay on CBS Sports right now since I didn't get to watch it last night. Tulsa just scored a touchdown and there was a facemask penalty at the very end on the 1 yard line in a last ditch attempt to stop the runner from getting across the goal line, and it was assessed on the kickoff.

Here's something I may have thought about before, but never really thought seriously about it until just now. Tulsa just kicked off from the 50 yard line, it was an automatic out of the end zone for a touchback kick, giving Fresno State the ball at the 25 yard line. What do you guys think, assessing penalties on the kickoff, are they REALLY punishing a team? Like what just happened in this game, Tulsa just booted it straight out of the end zone. The only way kicking off from the 50 would punish a team would be to squib kick it and trap them deep in their territory. So instead of the penalty mattering at all, Fresno State started their offense on the 25 yard line, business like usual.

They need to change the assessment of penalties. Instead of assessing them on the kickoff, basically making it an automatic touchback and not mattering at all in the end, they should assess it after the kickoff. Say it still ends up being a touchback, Fresno State would normally take over on the 25 yard line, but then you assess the 15 yard facemask penalty, they instead start on their 10 yard line. Make these penalties actually matter, instead of assessing them on the kickoff and then not matter a single damn bit because the ball just gets booted out for a touchback.

What do you guys think? Would it be better to assess the penalties after the kickoff instead of on the kickoff, to actually penalize the team that committed the penalty instead of making it essentially nothing more than a shell of a penalty?

IBI
09-23-2012, 09:15 PM
So I'm watching Fresno State-Tulsa replay on CBS Sports right now since I didn't get to watch it last night. Tulsa just scored a touchdown and there was a facemask penalty at the very end on the 1 yard line in a last ditch attempt to stop the runner from getting across the goal line, and it was assessed on the kickoff.

Here's something I may have thought about before, but never really thought seriously about it until just now. Tulsa just kicked off from the 50 yard line, it was an automatic out of the end zone for a touchback kick, giving Fresno State the ball at the 25 yard line. What do you guys think, assessing penalties on the kickoff, are they REALLY punishing a team? Like what just happened in this game, Tulsa just booted it straight out of the end zone. The only way kicking off from the 50 would punish a team would be to squib kick it and trap them deep in their territory. So instead of the penalty mattering at all, Fresno State started their offense on the 25 yard line, business like usual.

They need to change the assessment of penalties. Instead of assessing them on the kickoff, basically making it an automatic touchback and not mattering at all in the end, they should assess it after the kickoff. Say it still ends up being a touchback, Fresno State would normally take over on the 25 yard line, but then you assess the 15 yard facemask penalty, they instead start on their 10 yard line. Make these penalties actually matter, instead of assessing them on the kickoff and then not matter a single damn bit because the ball just gets booted out for a touchback.

What do you guys think? Would it be better to assess the penalties after the kickoff instead of on the kickoff, to actually penalize the team that committed the penalty instead of making it essentially nothing more than a shell of a penalty?

I don't know anything about Tulsa, so you'll have to educate me a little bit. Is Tulsa's kicker any good? Was he blasting touchbacks from the 35 or was Fresno St. able to return them? If wasn't getting touchbacks from the 35 then kicking from the 50 is an advantage.

I like that they assess on the kickoff. IIRC, it used to be on the extra point. Half the distance from the 2.5 was only useful if you had to go for the 2-point conversion. At least now there's some strategy to it. If the Tulsa kicker is any good, the coach could have had him kick it as high as he could to try and force a return that puts Fresno inside the 25. There's also less risk in trying a surprise onside kick, because even if you don't recover, the receiving team is still on their own end of the field.

SmoothPancakes
09-23-2012, 09:43 PM
I don't know anything about Tulsa, so you'll have to educate me a little bit. Is Tulsa's kicker any good? Was he blasting touchbacks from the 35 or was Fresno St. able to return them? If wasn't getting touchbacks from the 35 then kicking from the 50 is an advantage.

I like that they assess on the kickoff. IIRC, it used to be on the extra point. Half the distance from the 2.5 was only useful if you had to go for the 2-point conversion. At least now there's some strategy to it. If the Tulsa kicker is any good, the coach could have had him kick it as high as he could to try and force a return that puts Fresno inside the 25. There's also less risk in trying a surprise onside kick, because even if you don't recover, the receiving team is still on their own end of the field.

I don't know much about Tulsa's kicker, but just looking at yesterday's game, these were the results of 6 kickoffs:

Touchback (after the penalty)
Touchback
Touchback
62 yards (returned 17 yards to the 20)
65 yards (returned 25 yards to the 25)
62 yards (returned 24 yards to the 27)

So he has a leg on him and it appears usually gets it pretty deep. But, other than the onside kick not being as risky, I don't know, I just see no advantage to having it assessed on the kickoff. All it does is pretty much make it automatic that the other team will get the ball at the 25 yard line to start their drive.

I just think it should be assessed on the team at the start of their offensive drive. Make it truly a penalty and make it hurt. Otherwise, what's to stop every team from committing a facemask or something on a play that is going end up a sure touchdown in a last ditch effort to stop the player from scoring? Oh no, you'll end up with a touchback and get to start free on your 25 yard line. Some penalty that is.

And that's all that play was. The Tulsa runner was inside the 5 yard line and there was no doubt whatsoever that he was going to score. It was a guaranteed touchdown, so the Fresno State defender grabbed his facemask and ripped his arm in a desperation, last ditch attempt to somehow keep the Tulsa player from crossing the goal line. And what came of that penalty? Nothing. A touchback and Fresno State starting their drive on the 25 yard line, business like usual. The refs may as well have never thrown the flag as it had absolutely no negative effect on Fresno State like it should have.

JeffHCross
09-23-2012, 09:49 PM
I like that they assess on the kickoff. IIRC, it used to be on the extra point.I believe the coach is given the option of taking it on the kick or the XP.

To Smooth's original question, I'm not sure what the answer is. I agree that kicking from the 50 was utterly pointless. However, a facemask penalty on the 1-yd line has a minuscule impact anyway, so I'd say it's about even, either way.

What I personally don't like about penalty assessments is that an offensive holding call on the 5 is 2.5 yards, while a 10-yard penalty on the defense counts the whole 10 yards. I realize this balances out on the other end, but it just seems off when it happens.

AustinWolv
09-24-2012, 10:46 AM
stanford has only won 4 in a row against USC.
And you think Stanford recruits anywhere to the level of U$C, O$U, or even Michigan?
LOL.
That was the point.

in this case, toughness trumps talent.
That is a culture problem then. USC should change that.

IBI
09-24-2012, 10:52 AM
And you think Stanford recruits anywhere to the level of U$C, O$U, or even Michigan?
LOL.
That was the point.

That is a culture problem then. USC should change that.For the sake of keeping with the money theme it's, U$C, O$U, and Mi¢higan...cheap bastards.

AustinWolv
09-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Hey, just sayin'......and NCAA agrees.....the dollars were flowin' out in Cali and Columbus.

Too bad the NCAA lets their moneymakers get away with it with slaps on the wrist, so cheating indeed pays off.

gschwendt
09-24-2012, 04:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4MRgPETMIk

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/vangyjo/newest/allaboard_zps6d664a7c.gif

SCClassof93
09-24-2012, 04:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4MRgPETMIk

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/vangyjo/newest/allaboard_zps6d664a7c.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U43Ate3Itjs

AustinWolv
09-24-2012, 04:49 PM
John L....... he was a great source of laughs back at SpartyLand too.

bdoughty
09-24-2012, 05:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8419849/first-national-playoff-finale-2015-limited-6-bid-cities-sources-say

only six cities will be considered, sources told ESPN on Monday.

The four current BCS bowls -- the Fiesta in Glendale, Ariz., Orange in Miami, Sugar in New Orleans and Rose in Pasadena, Calif. -- along with the Cotton (Arlington, Texas) and Chick-fil-A (Atlanta) bowls will be the only sites that will have the opportunity to host the 2015 title game.

Give it to the Rose Bowl, say no to Jerry.

morsdraconis
09-24-2012, 07:02 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8419849/first-national-playoff-finale-2015-limited-6-bid-cities-sources-say

only six cities will be considered, sources told ESPN on Monday.

The four current BCS bowls -- the Fiesta in Glendale, Ariz., Orange in Miami, Sugar in New Orleans and Rose in Pasadena, Calif. -- along with the Cotton (Arlington, Texas) and Chick-fil-A (Atlanta) bowls will be the only sites that will have the opportunity to host the 2015 title game.

Give it to the Rose Bowl, say no to Jerry.

Shit, you're crazy if you don't think Jerry's monnah is gonna buy him the BCS Championship spot.

SmoothPancakes
09-24-2012, 07:09 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1804zladtspe5gif/original.gif

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kzi7gO6djEA/T89Dv3nMJ5I/AAAAAAAAAt4/1OrVhXg6rAA/s400/Joker-Clapping.gif

baseballplyrmvp
09-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Hey, just sayin'......and NCAA agrees.....the dollars were flowin' out in Cali and Columbus.

Too bad the NCAA lets their moneymakers get away with it with slaps on the wrist, so cheating indeed pays off.

you honestly think the sanctions that USC had were a slap on the wrist? regardless of the fact that they've barely had an effect, we only had 1 player and his step dad, acting on their own free will over 100 miles from campus, end up costing us 30 scholarships. it wasnt a pay for play thing like what you want to believe, it was a pay to leave school to sign with us in the draft. when the sanctions came out, everyone was saying that these were the worst since the smu death penalty. now they rank as second worst since the death penalty.

compare this to osu who had 5 players, in which the head coach knew they were knowingly selling game stuff for money, who were played and known to be inelligible. and they get away with hardly any kind of penalty.

baseballplyrmvp
09-26-2012, 10:11 AM
LOL.
That was the point.

That is a culture problem then. USC should change that.

stanford recruits better than what you think. stanford's recruited very strategically these past couple of years. they've been similar to wisconsin in o-line recruiting, going after huge monsters, and then slowly going after the higher talented players.

personally, had we had our starting center in that game, it goes 2 touchdowns differently. our 3rd string center, who didnt know the line protections, was not ready for his first game as a starter.

AustinWolv
09-26-2012, 02:28 PM
you honestly think the sanctions that USC had were a slap on the wrist?
Compared to O$U's, no, and I definitely agree with you on that.
Compared to what U$C should have gotten, yes, the scholarship reductions should have been longer to teach the program a lesson, but the bowl ban should have been 1 year shorter most likely. Because you reaaaaaaalllllly believe it was just 1 player and his dad? Please.
I posted this before here in another thread, but there is a current NFL player that said he got offered a nice cash package to go play at U$C when he was being recruited.......left a weird taste in his mouth, and he didn't end up going to USC.

stanford recruits better than what you think.
I'm pretty familiar with recruiting. They don't recruit on the O$U, U$C, SE$ level........
In fact, team recruiting rankings:
#64 in 2013 class
#5 in 2012 class
#22 in 2011
#26 in 2010
#20 in 2009
#50 in 2008
#51 in 2007
#54 in 2006.

USC during that time?
#1 in 2013
#8 in 2012
#4 in 2011
#1 in 2010
#4 in 2009
#8 in 2008
#2 in 2007
#1 in 2006

USC has had far more talent for far longer. Stanford only recently spiked up due to getting some success. They don't have the skill guys nor the depth that U$C *should* have.

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2012, 03:46 PM
So since when does tying for first place in your division (but not even playing in the conference championship game that year) count as a conference championship?

http://deadspin.com/5946624/?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

baseballplyrmvp
09-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Compared to what U$C should have gotten, yes, the scholarship reductions should have been longer to teach the program a lesson, but the bowl ban should have been 1 year shorter most likely. Because you reaaaaaaalllllly believe it was just 1 player and his dad? Please.
if you honestly believe that there were more players involved, even after the ncaa spent 4+ years investigating the matter, you have your head up your ass. and before you even start, the ncaa already went to every length possible to paint the picture that USC was a dirty program. they would have exposed it in a heartbeat, if more football players were getting benefits.

recruiting rankings are so hit and miss that they shouldnt be relied upon. clay matthews was a walk-on and is now a top lb in the nfl. bryce brown was the #1 recruit in the country a couple of years ago and is now at a jc. the recruiting sites also tend to reward montster stats, taking little into account of their competition. however, stanford has still averaged a top 25 class these past 4 years, while USC has averaged a top 5. the one negative that i have on pete carroll's time at USC, was that in his later years, the recruiting coordinator relied too much on the recruiting rankings and not enough on actual player evaluation. so even if we did have a top 5 class, we missed a lot more than what he hit. the RC directed the staff and went after "average" 4 and 5*'s rather than the guys who could ball. stanford has relied heavily on player evaluation and size/power, all thanks to harbaugh.

AustinWolv
09-26-2012, 11:18 PM
you have your head up your ass
Says the homer.
The NCAA couldn't investigate a fucking 3rd grader lying about doing their homework much less have any authority over making people talk; that's why they have to rely on trickery and actual criminal investigations to sneak in and get testimony. That's why O$U was able to skate as much as they did......couldn't get people to talk.......compare that with how they got info on Miami with Shapiro and Allen for example......

There is heavy correlation that recruiting rankings do indeed line up with on-field success. There is no denying that, no matter what onesie and twosie examples you want to throw out there. There are always exceptions. For every Bryce Brown, there is an Adrian Peterson. Plenty of 5star and 4star players are successful, being good to great college players, and even some making the League. Keep in mind that Harbaugh was beating USC with Top50 classes, not Top25 classes........the Top25 classes are the ones seeing the field now from an overall depth standpoint (early talented contributors obviously factor in, but the majority of a 2deep is made up from the depths and success of a program, not immediate recruiting classes).

baseballplyrmvp
09-27-2012, 09:28 AM
says logic. they spent 4 years investigating this. if there was more to be exposed, they would have done it. why would they spend all of that time looking into it and keep info on 10 other players silent at the same time? stop wanting to believe that there was more; because there wasnt.

AustinWolv
09-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Right, because you say so. Like I said, can't get people to talk since they have no authority means they couldn't build a case. If it wasn't for the guy chasing Bush and Co., NCAA probably would've never even gotten involved. All they do is piggy-back on actual legal cases or self-reported violations. NCAA enforcement and rules are a joke.

bdoughty
09-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooors, pay attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rlc4-8FeR24

JBHuskers
10-02-2012, 12:44 PM
This doesn't top Corso saying awwwww fuck it! But it's still pretty damn funny :D

Who's sippin' the beaver juice? LOLOLOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBALYhvTZyk

JBHuskers
10-02-2012, 12:52 PM
So, big match up between South Carolina and Georgia this week, will Desmond be sipping the cock juice?

AustinWolv
10-02-2012, 02:54 PM
So, big match up between South Carolina and Georgia this week, will Desmond be sipping the cock juice?

David Pollack, watch again.

AustinWolv
10-02-2012, 02:55 PM
bang, double-tap

JBHuskers
10-02-2012, 03:30 PM
David Pollack, watch again.

Well Desmond said he's not sipping the Beaver juice, so he might be sipping the Cock juice...

AustinWolv
10-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Well Desmond said he's not sipping the Beaver juice, so he might be sipping the Cock juice...
Or we could just say that Martinez is. Same assumed leap, right? :P

cdj
10-04-2012, 10:18 AM
TCU QB Casey Pachall suspended indefinitely after being arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.

bdoughty
10-04-2012, 04:04 PM
TCU QB Casey Pachall suspended indefinitely after being arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.

No way, I refuse to believe such an honorable young man would drive while intoxicated...

http://oi48.tinypic.com/rab2jc.jpg

cdj
10-05-2012, 10:08 AM
OSU third-string QB:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18183tgkpy8a6png/original.png

JBHuskers
10-05-2012, 10:13 AM
...and that's why he's 3rd string.

psuexv
10-05-2012, 10:19 AM
I don't understand why he would say classes are pointless. Didn't Mark Emmert say that the NCAA is all about academics when he put the hammer to PSU?

JBHuskers
10-05-2012, 10:29 AM
If he's 3rd string, he better go to class, because he's probably not NFL material :D

baseballplyrmvp
10-05-2012, 08:39 PM
that kid would probably fail study hall

gschwendt
10-06-2012, 05:55 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4jXi7ECAAAi5Rj.jpg:large

baseballplyrmvp
10-06-2012, 06:56 PM
there have been some huge defensive performances these past couple of weeks, not only in college but in the nfl as well. USC had 9 sacks vs cal, the seahawks had 9 sacks vs green bay, st louis had 8 sacks against arizona, and now arkansas had 8 sacks against auburn today.

hopefully this leads to more of a focus on defense in '14 :up:

JeffHCross
10-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Agreed, MVP.

Plus, y'know, Alabama vs anyone.

ram29jackson
10-06-2012, 07:54 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4jXi7ECAAAi5Rj.jpg:large

what the hell is that about ?

gschwendt
10-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Georgia State making it rain with 10,000 $1 bills.

baseballplyrmvp
10-06-2012, 08:39 PM

their fans rushed the field

gschwendt
10-06-2012, 08:42 PM
their fans rushed the field
No... that's seriously $10,000 dropping from the rafters.
http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-football/2012/10/05/georgia-state-football-planning-10k-money-drop-at-georgia-dome/

baseballplyrmvp
10-06-2012, 08:45 PM
oh, i was thinking major upset. :D

bdoughty
10-06-2012, 08:53 PM
No... that's seriously $10,000 dropping from the rafters.
http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-football/2012/10/05/georgia-state-football-planning-10k-money-drop-at-georgia-dome/

What happened to Georgia St? They had a good team not too long ago. Money drops for an 0-6 team getting ready to enter the FBS next year? Of course it is just the Sun Belt conference so they will fit right in.

$50 gschwendt reads this, just kidding man. Sun Belt football is much better than the WAC. ;)

gschwendt
10-06-2012, 09:02 PM
$50 gschwendt reads this, just kidding man. Sun Belt football is much better than the WAC. ;)And CUSA... and has been right there with the MAC in recent years.

CUSA dropped way off and drops even further next year when FIU & UNT join. Tulsa & UCF are the only two teams with winning records so far this year. After them, ECU & Marshall are the only two teams with more than one win on the season.

The Sun Belt still has a negative stigma to it, but it's definitely nowhere near the laughing stock it used to be.

souljahbill
10-06-2012, 09:38 PM
*sigh*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffHCross
10-06-2012, 09:40 PM
What happened to Georgia St? They had a good team not too long ago.Are you thinking of Georgia Southern? Georgia State has only been playing since 2010 and has gone 6-5 and 3-8.