PDA

View Full Version : Mom of the Month - November

JBHuskers
10-29-2010, 10:46 AM
We'll just go ahead an nominate her for November since it's almost here.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/10/28/national/main7000628.shtml

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2010/10/28/image7000929g.jpg

(CBS/AP) A north Florida mother has pleaded guilty to shaking her baby to death after the boy's crying interrupted her game on Facebook.

Alexandra V. Tobias pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on Wednesday and remains jailed.

The Florida Times-Union reports that she told investigators she was angered because the boy was crying while she was playing the game FarmVille.

The paper also reports that she told investigators she shook the boy, smoked a cigarette to compose herself and then shook him again.

Tobias called 911 on January 19th, saying the 3-month-old was not breathing, CBS affiliate WTEV reports. The baby died at the hospital from head trauma.

She will be sentenced in December. State guidelines call for 25 to 50 years, but a prosecutor said it could be shorter than that.

A telephone message and an e-mail sent by The Associated Press to her attorney weren't immediately returned.

FarmVille is a game that allows members of Facebook to manage a virtual farm by plowing land, harvesting crops, and raising livestock.

This isn't the first time a virtual online game has been linked to a baby's death this year. In May, a South Korean couple were convicted of abandoning their newborn daughter, who starved to death while they addictively played an online game raising a virtual child.

steelerfan
10-29-2010, 11:36 AM
In May, a South Korean couple were convicted of abandoning their newborn daughter, who starved to death while they addictively played an online game raising a virtual child.

Wow. ^

JeffHCross
10-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Anybody else see the thread title and expect this to have something to do with JB's favorite MILFs?

jaymo76
10-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Absolutely disgusting. What is wrong with people? There is nothing more important to me than my family. How could someone do that to their own child???

morsdraconis
10-29-2010, 10:44 PM
Anybody else see the thread title and expect this to have something to do with JB's favorite MILFs?

Yes. Yes I did (and was looking forward to it) but, sadly, it was just another stupid cunt that doesn't deserve to live, much less have the ability to create life herself.

morsdraconis
10-29-2010, 10:47 PM
Absolutely disgusting. What is wrong with people? There is nothing more important to me than my family. How could someone do that to their own child???

People that just have nothing inside of them. I couldn't imagine EVER doing that to another human being, much less a child. People are just fuckin' sick.

JBHuskers
10-30-2010, 11:46 AM

Yes. Yes I did (and was looking forward to it) but, sadly, it was just another stupid cunt that doesn't deserve to live, much less have the ability to create life herself.

Okay you asked for it, I'll deliver.

psuexv
11-01-2010, 10:16 AM
This isn't the first time a virtual online game has been linked to a baby's death this year. In May, a South Korean couple were convicted of abandoning their newborn daughter, who starved to death while they addictively played an online game raising a virtual child.

I think this one is worse.

steelerfan
11-01-2010, 10:50 AM
I think this one is worse.

Wow, I'm not sure. Shaking a baby is done out of rage and frustration and happens in an instant (though this shithead had a smoke between sessions). Starving a baby takes days and days. Add in they irony that they starved their real child to tend to a fake one and, well, you see what I'm saying.

I'm assuming that by "this one" you're referring to the shaker. If you mean the starvers, I agree.

psuexv
11-01-2010, 11:17 AM
I do mean the starvers. Like you said the neglect it would take to starve someone to death is completely unreal, and the irony of the fake child just puts it over the top for me.

steelerfan
11-01-2010, 11:21 AM
I do mean the starvers. Like you said the neglect it would take to starve someone to death is completely unreal, and the irony of the fake child just puts it over the top for me.

Agreed.

psusnoop
11-02-2010, 11:10 AM
What a POS, I despise reading about this stuff as it just frustrates the hell out of me. How can someone treat another human being with such disregard is beyond me. Unreal.

steelerfan
11-02-2010, 11:52 AM
What a POS, I despise reading about this stuff as it just frustrates the hell out of me. How can someone treat another human being with such disregard is beyond me. Unreal.

And not just "another human being". Your child. Unbelievable.