PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever heard of netdugout?

steelerfan
09-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Ok, here's the deal. I enjoy writing. I used to write for a blog that was based on sports wagering with a few friends. Eventually, they all lost interest and quit contributing. It was too much for me to try to maintain on my own so I let it go.

I stumbled on an ad for a site called netdugout.com. They claim that they want fans to contribute to their site and they will compensate the writers (which is next to nothing, I'm sure). It's an interesting concept (I'm not looking for a payday, just an outlet) but since I've never heard of it, I'm skeptical. I couldn't dig up any scam alerts or anything on them.

Has anyone ever heard of this site or anything similar that is either legit or some kind of scam?

JeffHCross
09-30-2010, 09:20 PM
In terms of similar sites, I would think it's gotta be similar to BleacherReport.

steelerfan
10-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Yeah, that's what a friend of mine was saying last night.

I went ahead and submitted some work to them to see what they had to say. They responded back with their "compensation" scale and said if I still agreed (after seeing that I'd do good to make $25 a month, lol) that they'd review my work. I told them I was fine with it.

They responded again saying they would like me to join. I asked more questions and they said they only need my name (to set up an account) and mailing address (for those giant checks, lol) and that they require 3 posts per week. I guess it's legit since they didn't ask for anything strange or personal, idk. It's a great business model though.

JeffHCross
10-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Their site is a total eyesore though.

steelerfan
10-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Their site is a total eyesore though.

I agree with that completely. It's still a great business model though.