• 500+ New Vignettes

5 17.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EA SPORTS: NCAA Football 14 Playbook 2 - Presentation

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    + Halftime show (hopefully it doesn't get too repetitive)

The rest of it is very "meh" to me
    Of course it will. That's why I've never cared about adding College Gameday or having halftime or weekly shows. It'll be fresh at first but it'll be repetitive eventually since there are only so many lines that can be recorded.

Edit: Now that I've read through all the posts since yours, looks like this has been established already.
    Last edited by souljahbill; 04-18-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Of course it will. That's why I've never cared about adding College Gameday or having halftime or weekly shows. It'll be fresh at first but it'll be repetitive eventually since there are only so many lines that can be recorded.

Edit: Now that I've read through all the posts since yours, looks like this has been established already.
    This is why I have never been a fan of things like this. I would rather the presentation elements be focused on providing more context both within each game, and within your season/dynasty. A few years back we're hyping these awesome custom pre-game entrances and now we're touting the fact that we're shortening them up. It's counter productive.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Only a guess that is just chatter to increase presentation but to look at it from a different angle it also now maybe provides a look that EA will give us the ability to make this switch/move pre-snap next year as this will be something that more casual fans will take notice to and help strengthen the need that this been in the game. Just my 2 cents.
    Hey I hope you're right, however due to track record (coaching carosel, etc) just because a base/sub item is implemented does not automatically mean logical improvements are on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    This is why I have never been a fan of things like this. I would rather the presentation elements be focused on providing more context both within each game, and within your season/dynasty. A few years back we're hyping these awesome custom pre-game entrances and now we're touting the fact that we're shortening them up. It's counter productive.
    Kind of a waste of resources from start to finish. It's always easy for anyone like myself to say what I just did but when you look back and think of what else could have been given some of those resources it makes you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Hey I hope you're right, however due to track record (coaching carosel, etc) just because a base/sub item is implemented does not automatically mean logical improvements are on the way.
    I see what you saying I guess part of me is REALLY REALLY hoping that the defense gets some attention. While I understand the college football game is still pretty for offensives to showcase their talents Defense still has a HUGE part of the outcome and I think EA is missing this. How many Championships does Bama own the last 4 years? How many of Bama's starting QB's are playing in the NFL? Well there you go I rest my case sorry, I had to do it

Will you be able to play home vs home uniforms like in the Kickoff Classic? NCST and Tennessee did last year. Or like USC/UCLA every year? Small detail but would be kind of cool.

I see what you saying I guess part of me is REALLY REALLY hoping that the defense gets some attention. While I understand the college football game is still pretty for offensives to showcase their talents Defense still has a HUGE part of the outcome and I think EA is missing this. How many Championships does Bama own the last 4 years? How many of Bama's starting QB's are playing in the NFL? Well there you go I rest my case sorry, I had to do it
    To be fair the winning QB's in Bama's three MNC's since 2009 were Greg McElroy (contending to be the starter next seson for NYJ) and AJ McCarron who will be a Senior at Bama next season.

I completely understand your point however - EA had made the game very offensive, I'm sure in an attempt to up the fun factor for the casual fan, while ignoring the defensive side of the ball for many years. Yes, they added "pattern reading defenses" two years ago but lets not kid ourselves, that's not a true pattern reading defense, its still barely a spot dropping defense (read my post at http://www.gridironvictory.com/defen...zone-defenses/ for more information). Defense has been largely unchanged since NCAA 2003, think about how many games you've played since then and how many times you've faced these extremely basic defenses, and now they are making the spread offense more complex, unfortunately the defenses as they are currently constructed can barely contain the current version of spread offenses in the game.

We have been given the green light to discuss Alternate Camera Angles.

There are four camera angles to select: Regular, Zoom (closer behind ball-carrier), Wide, Broadcast (overhead/blimp but will dynamically zoom in on action based on result).

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    We have been given the green light to discuss Alternate Camera Angles.

There are four camera angles to select: Regular, Zoom (closer behind ball-carrier), Wide, Broadcast (overhead/blimp but will dynamically zoom in on action based on result).
    While cool for some this was never a major factor for me to be honest. Nice touch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    To be fair the winning QB's in Bama's three MNC's since 2009 were Greg McElroy (contending to be the starter next seson for NYJ) and AJ McCarron who will be a Senior at Bama next season.

I completely understand your point however - EA had made the game very offensive, I'm sure in an attempt to up the fun factor for the casual fan, while ignoring the defensive side of the ball for many years. Yes, they added "pattern reading defenses" two years ago but lets not kid ourselves, that's not a true pattern reading defense, its still barely a spot dropping defense (read my post at http://www.gridironvictory.com/defen...zone-defenses/ for more information). Defense has been largely unchanged since NCAA 2003, think about how many games you've played since then and how many times you've faced these extremely basic defenses, and now they are making the spread offense more complex, unfortunately the defenses as they are currently constructed can barely contain the current version of spread offenses in the game.
    I just don't see how EA could get the defense to a point where we'd like it without completely scrapping what they have and I don't see that happening anytime soon to be honest.

I'm not a presentation guy but everything sounds great. It sounds like the 'details' crowd will be happy with the gloves, socks correction, team specific footballs, etc...

Out of all this the one thing I am most excited about is the neutral games. Really glad they made them generic. Very cool!

I just don't see how EA could get the defense to a point where we'd like it without completely scrapping what they have and I don't see that happening anytime soon to be honest.
    Completely agree. I don't know that they'll ever truely change the way defense plays as their core demographic is the casual fan - they aren't making the game for people like me who want a true to life simulation, I get that, but it'd surely be nice if they got a close approximation. It's frustrating for people like myself who call the correct defense only to get beat because my safety never reacts appropriately to the corner route for example.

In a lot of way NCAA 13 in game doesn't really feel that much different than NCAA 03 when I started playing the series consistantly, it looks better and there have been a small handful of things added but in the end its the same game I've played for the last 10 years and quite honestly is starting be become stale to which no amount of presentation, etc will sway my opinion because the core gameplay is the same, which is why we play the game.

The new additions to the spread offense I'm sure will be fun to play around with but in the end its a chess match that I crave from this game, unfortunately this is also the area where the game is lacking the most.

Wide
    Curious to see if that means sideline to sideline is visible.

Anyone in the know.. Did they add Notre Dame's base layer and fixed their uniforms? Thanks

Sounds like the halftime show has no "video highlights"....just audio. Hope I'm wrong, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by d2721 View Post
    Anyone in the know.. Did they add Notre Dame's base layer and fixed their uniforms? Thanks
    Unsure on the base layer. What issue with the uniforms are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by MC1 View Post
    Sounds like the halftime show has no "video highlights"....just audio. Hope I'm wrong, but we'll see.
    I do not know what kind of highlights (if any will appear), but Steve (from OS) had this in his hands-on time with the game from this week's Season Opener Event:

In the game I played, neither team got to the quarterback and recorded a sack. So during the halftime show, Reese mentioned that the pass rush has been totally negated. Reece then asks David what the defensive coordinator is telling his players at halftime to make adjustments in the 2nd half to get after the QB. David then talks about not only being able to sack the QB, but also getting pressure, rattle him a little bit, he made a joke about how defensive players were a little fat and the offense gets off the ball quicker.

It seems like the half time crew will lead off with Reese stating an obvious statistical observation and Pollack providing an answer as to how the teams will adjust. Hard to say, it could be more, and it could be even more when the Bowl games are played, but it was good to see highlights from the game, as they were talking and these were key plays in the game, not just an average play from a camera angle that didn't even make sense or was focused on the wrong player, etc.

College Gameday would've been so awesome but I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing that until the next-gen hopefully. I like all the presentation elements! But they missed one thing and that would be the new facemasks and cleats. It be nice if they could bring back the fight song menu music and the "Did You Know" loading screens. Those were pretty cool. And actual fight songs too! Like actual recordings of the respective universities bands'

This sounds good on paper but I would like to see a video to see how it works/sounds. I would imagine that a video showcasing these new features will come out eventually right? I'm pretty sure they showed a video of the studio updates last year (I may be wrong though).

Yeah... I would certainly expect to see video in the coming weeks. If nothing else, certainly at E3 we'll see videos coming out of it whether from EA officially or from just people attending E3.