Page 142 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 2951

Thread: Powerhouse OD - General Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Sup ryby?! See you all the time in nykia's Live Stream videos (I'm always watching after the fact)
    Yeah, we play in some Madden leagues together so I have to bug him while he is playing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    Yeah, we play in some Madden leagues together so I have to bug him while he is playing lol.
    Lol. I enjoy watching them. If nothing else, it's amazing to see where he and I don't make the same reads.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Lol. I enjoy watching them. If nothing else, it's amazing to see where he and I don't make the same reads.
    Yeah, we have built up a HUGE rivalry the last few years on Madden with him being the Texans and me being the Browns in one of our leagues. We seem to play every regular season and then meet again every year in the playoffs. Difficult games since we know how each other plays so well.

What is going on gentlemen? Been quite a long time. Glad to see you guys still have this going. God I miss a college football game
    Good to see you around man. I'm hoping this year I can get into Madden more... CFM just doesn't do it for me, especially since all of the users seem so disconnected from each other. Hoping that's fixed this year.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Good to see you around man. I'm hoping this year I can get into Madden more... CFM just doesn't do it for me, especially since all of the users seem so disconnected from each other. Hoping that's fixed this year.
    I know you guys make fun of me when I suggested it in Powerhouse but AIM or Groupme helps a TON with Madden. If you get most of the users in a chat it can be extremely engaging and honestly helps with scheduling games. During the offseason I feel it is a must for making deals. I just really wish I could see what NCAA would be like on PS4/Xbox1.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    CFM just doesn't do it for me, especially since all of the users seem so disconnected from each other. Hoping that's fixed this year.
    I've never cared for CFM mode. I was usually in one every version though because it was another one of the leagues offered on the site I've been playing Madden at for a while. Plus the league had to move to that since EA took away the create-a-team feature that allowed us to use our teams to play unranked games.

I much rather prefer the League Daddy-stat method of just playing an unranked game and recording stats

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    I've never cared for CFM mode. I was usually in one every version though because it was another one of the leagues offered on the site I've been playing Madden at for a while. Plus the league had to move to that since EA took away the create-a-team feature that allowed us to use our teams to play unranked games.

I much rather prefer the League Daddy-stat method of just playing an unranked game and recording stats
    I like playing in a CFM just so I can work on building a team. With them making the draft classes random it meant no draft guides so the draft was actually pretty exciting this year. The thing that screwed Madden up this year was confidence and regression after age 30 IMO. If you find a good league it can be pretty close to as much fun as NCAA. I still say the most fun I have had in sports gaming were the seasons of NCAA 12 in Powerhouse.(At least until we changed the sliders/difficulty settings)

AIM or GroupMe probably helps more on Madden too because you've got more players in the league so you have a better chance of multiple people being around at the same time. It would have been cool in Powerhouse a few years ago, but by the time you suggested it our schedules had diverged a lot.

Plus some of us (me) are in a communications blackout at work

Yeah, we have built up a HUGE rivalry the last few years on Madden with him being the Texans and me being the Browns in one of our leagues. We seem to play every regular season and then meet again every year in the playoffs. Difficult games since we know how each other plays so well.
    I didn't realize you had the Browns. I'll have to see if I can find some of those videos.

I like playing in a CFM just so I can work on building a team. With them making the draft classes random it meant no draft guides so the draft was actually pretty exciting this year. The thing that screwed Madden up this year was confidence and regression after age 30 IMO. If you find a good league it can be pretty close to as much fun as NCAA. I still say the most fun I have had in sports gaming were the seasons of NCAA 12 in Powerhouse.(At least until we changed the sliders/difficulty settings)
    I've just never cared for it because the game plays differently.

A few versions back when it was first implemented and after, the gameplay was noticeably different. You would see different animations and the run game especially played differently than just that of a regular unranked game. It stayed like that the past few versions IMO. Played a season this version and couldn't really tell a difference but that may have been because the gameplay in general was a shock change going from PS3 to PS4.

And of course when games disconnect there is no other option but to replay the entire game. Atleast in an unranked game, quarter and time can be adjusted in the event of that.

The fantasy draft Franchise keeper league I've been in for the past 7 years is good, it was just better when we weren't forced to make it into a CFM.

I didn't realize you had the Browns. I'll have to see if I can find some of those videos.
    Yeah, in the Two Minute Warning league I am the Browns and he is the Texans. We have played every season so if his twitch archive goes back far enough you will find at least a game lol. And yeah, the only way CFM is fun for me is with 32 users so there are very few cpu games and it makes the game more interesting. AIM and Groupme both have mobile apps so it is easy to communicate even while on the go which helps a ton during the offseason of Madden when trying to make trades.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    I've just never cared for it because the game plays differently.

A few versions back when it was first implemented and after, the gameplay was noticeably different. You would see different animations and the run game especially played differently than just that of a regular unranked game. It stayed like that the past few versions IMO. Played a season this version and couldn't really tell a difference but that may have been because the gameplay in general was a shock change going from PS3 to PS4.

And of course when games disconnect there is no other option but to replay the entire game. Atleast in an unranked game, quarter and time can be adjusted in the event of that.

The fantasy draft Franchise keeper league I've been in for the past 7 years is good, it was just better when we weren't forced to make it into a CFM.
    Yeah, I play because I enjoy the offseason. I always like recruiting more in NCAA too. Playing the games just let me see how I have built the team and what I need to fix the next offseason. I really miss recruiting battles between 3 others guys on NCAA and then going and beating those same guys with that player for the next 3-4 years. Madden cannot replace that which is a shame.

Ah yeah 32 owners does make a huge difference. In this Fantasy keeper CFM we only have 16 owners so inevitably there are quite a few CPU games which is another issue in itself lol

Would be nice to have the ability to custom set up a CFM. Setting the number of teams especially.

In regards to NCAA, yeah this Dynasty brought me back to the game period. I haven't played the past 2 versions much, but getting in this OD again pulled me back. Though I'm not all that good in it, especially recruiting haha. Still enjoying it alot.
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 05-20-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Yeah, 32 users or close to it is a must for a CFM imo.

With my current work schedule, that would be impossible, lol.

With my current work schedule, that would be impossible, lol.
    The standard advances in the leagues on OS seems to be 72 hours and it works well. I mean with that many people there are bound to be guys with difficult schedules to deal with. That is the one good thing about the NFL is if you need to take a sim it doesn't kill you like a loss can and usually does in NCAA lol.

So it took Ryby 2 posts back to bring up AIM, just like old times

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    So it took Ryby 2 posts back to bring up AIM, just like old times
    That's still a thing?

Haha, yes it is but Groupme is the better mobile app. I like AIM on a laptop/desktop but Groupme on my phone. Basically all the leagues are going to groupme now though. Smartasses

Haha, yes it is but Groupme is the better mobile app. I like AIM on a laptop/desktop but Groupme on my phone. Basically all the leagues are going to groupme now though. Smartasses
    Smartass > Dumbass