Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Shape NCAA Football: Band Locations

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    No... it'd actually be right half of 113.
    I think it's left half of 114. The band is sitting to the right of the last tunnel before the tarps appear.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I think it's left half of 114. The band is sitting to the right of the last tunnel before the tarps appear.
    Yeah, you're right.

New Orleans Bowl -- Louisiana Superdome

Hard to find pictures of this one, but I happened across one shot that's going to take some significant detective work to piece together.

Home Band: Section 145
    Away Band: Section 117

Educated Guess: No pic of Away Band, no close-up of Home Band.

Here is the seating chart:

The photo here was taken during this year's game, which was between Troy and Ohio. This guy is on the Ohio sidelines, so the band across the field is from Troy; since Troy is a Sun Belt team, that means that the band section is somewhere in the Section 145-146 range:

But I can't be 100% based off of that one image, and it still doesn't tell us where the Ohio band was sitting.
    Last edited by cdj; 01-23-2011 at 11:19 PM.

New Mexico - University Stadium

Section: Front of DD

Seating Chart

We believe the band sits at the front of Section DD. This based on post of member from Tradition Football and pic from lone win past season.

Band appears to be triangular section on far right of General Admission section
    Last edited by cdj; 02-11-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Updating the List

I forget what pages the information is on, but I know that I've gotten at least partial information on both the AT&T Cotton Bowl and AutoZone Liberty Bowl but neither has been added to the ongoing list on the first page of the thread.

Not complaining, just bringing it to attention so that we don't lose things in the shuffle.

New Mexico - University Stadium

Band appears to be triangular section on far right of General Admission section
    I would agree with that, even though it's quite far from what's listed as the "Student Section" on the seating chart. Always throws me for a loop when a school doesn't have their band mixed right in with the students.

Armed Forces Bowl Stadium Information

I haven't been able to find any solid images so far for the Armed Forces Bowl; part of this is because the game is currently in a limbo-ish state in terms of where it is played. Until this year, it had traditionally been played at Amon G. Carter Stadium, home of the TCU Horned Frogs. This year's game was moved to Gerald J. Ford Stadium--home of the SMU Mustangs--due to renovations at TCU.

So we have a game which was played for 6 or 7 years at TCU and only a single year at SMU, and while SMU is going to have the game in 2011 I can't find anything that says where the game will be played in years to come.

Not the most useful information, I know, but this will at least help us understand the situation in terms of what we need to find for this game.

I'd imagine that the Armed Forces Bowl will return to Carter Stadium as soon as TCU"s renovations are finished. Believe that will be in 2012.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    I forget what pages the information is on, but I know that I've gotten at least partial information on both the AT&T Cotton Bowl and AutoZone Liberty Bowl but neither has been added to the ongoing list on the first page of the thread.

Not complaining, just bringing it to attention so that we don't lose things in the shuffle.
    Looking at the list of bowls this year, the 'Cotton Bowl Classic' was actually this year's 'AT&T Cotton Bowl' so essentially we had a duplicate. If I am wrong, let me know.

Liberty Bowl added. I even added a newer seating chart and forgot to enter it - my bad!

Looking at the list of bowls this year, the 'Cotton Bowl Classic' was actually this year's 'AT&T Cotton Bowl' so essentially we had a duplicate. If I am wrong, let me know.
    Not so much a duplicate as much as real nitpickiness with the official name of the event; the full name is the AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic. Last year in the game it was just the "AT&T Cotton Bowl" and the TicketCity Bowl held at the Cotton Bowl Stadium was called the "Dallas Football Classic," if I'm not mistaken.

Point being: you've got it right now. No further discussion warranted (or wanted, given the headache of keeping it all straight haha).

Not so much a duplicate as much as real nitpickiness with the official name of the event; the full name is the AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic. Last year in the game it was just the "AT&T Cotton Bowl" and the TicketCity Bowl held at the Cotton Bowl Stadium was called the "Dallas Football Classic," if I'm not mistaken.

Point being: you've got it right now. No further discussion warranted (or wanted, given the headache of keeping it all straight haha).
    Not to mention having a 'Cotton Bowl' not played at the Cotton Bowl just baffles me.

New Orleans Bowl
    Not sure which side of the stadium this is, but USM band in similar spot as Troy. I'd be comfortable putting 145 and 117 as band sections, though in the Sugar Bowl the bands are opposite each other on the field and not opposite/mirrored like the majority of bowls.

Temple - Lincoln Financial Field

Section: Front of 116

Going with 116 based on videos below.

(At times, also believed to be either Front of Section 109 OR 115. Inconclusive.)

EDIT - From gschwendt:

To add further confusion to the Temple situation, here's a highlight video from the 2009 season that shows the band sitting in section 116. Take a look at the play that starts at 0:18 and you see a quick glimpse of the band just before the receiver catches the ball and as he walks back.

Here's one from this year showing them in 116 at 1:49

Last edited by cdj; 02-12-2011 at 01:20 AM.

Not sure which side of the stadium this is, but USM band in similar spot as Troy. I'd be comfortable putting 145 and 117 as band sections, though in the Sugar Bowl the bands are opposite each other on the field and not opposite/mirrored like the majority of bowls.
    Since Troy would still be on the same side as in the picture I included for my original post, I'd be comfortable with those section numbers as well. There's a big difference between the Sugar Bowl and the New Orleans Bowl--despite being in the same stadium--so it wouldn't surprise me at all if they're just on the sidelines at opposite ends.

JB - I think Temple is in 109.

Here's my thought - anyone else, please chime in. In JBs pic (from 09), we see the tunnel with seats beside it, then in the middle of the pic you can see railings defining another small sliver of a section, then the band. That fits with 109 perfectly.

To go with that, in 2007 the band was in 104. I doubt they'd move the band all around the stadium, so I think that leads us towards 109.

JB - I think Temple is in 109.

Here's my thought - anyone else, please chime in. In JBs pic (from 09), we see the tunnel with seats beside it, then in the middle of the pic you can see railings defining another small sliver of a section, then the band. That fits with 109 perfectly.

To go with that, in 2007 the band was in 104. I doubt they'd move the band all around the stadium, so I think that leads us towards 109.

New Mexico Lobos -- University Stadium

Hey CDJ, a poster named UNMLobo at OperationSports.com claims that the New Mexico band sits at the bottom of Section EE--next to the student section--as opposed to what we have listed here.

Based on his username--and the fact that he posted band seating information for the New Mexico Bowl that matches our information here--I'd be willing to trust him.

EDIT

That said, however, there was no photographic prove to back up his claim.
    Last edited by Paakaa10; 01-23-2011 at 11:00 PM.

North Texas - Fouts Field

Section: Front half of Section P

* - Pic & info references Fouts Field. Team expected to play in new stadium in 2011.

Last edited by cdj; 02-12-2011 at 12:13 AM.

I'm thinking the Temple band is actually in 115 in JB's photo... notice the sliver of a section just past the tunnel, then notice section 113 in the seating chart.

This may kinda sound off topic but, will the fight songs and other music sound more like the actual band played it this year or not? And will we be able to see like the band close- up during a cut-scene or something? That would be awesome!