Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 76 (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Game looks like total ASS. I'm not sure how/why Bethesda and this series in particular have gotten away with putting out such a clearly inferior product it makes ea look decent
    Because Bethesda makes a game loop that many people love and that is exploration, crafting, loot (technically in Fallout junk) and a huge time sink. When you find a pack of duct tape next to two aluminum cans, it is like Christmas morning. I can now repair a weapon!!! Jaymo and I have discussed this quite a bit. The game pisses me off to no extent with the dated graphics and piss poor performance and AI that is more of a comedy than a shooter. I am rooting for the game to get bad reviews. Bethesda needs to learn that this shit wont cut it anymore. Still, I would rather be playing this over Madden or FIFA.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Because Bethesda makes a game loop that many people love and that is exploration, crafting, loot (technically in Fallout junk) and a huge time sink. When you find a pack of duct tape next to two aluminum cans, it is like Christmas morning. I can now repair a weapon!!! Jaymo and I have discussed this quite a bit. The game pisses me off to no extent with the dated graphics and piss poor performance and AI that is more of a comedy than a shooter. I am rooting for the game to get bad reviews. Bethesda needs to learn that this shit wont cut it anymore. Still, I would rather be playing this over Madden or FIFA.

Speaking of which... I should be on tonight for two hours or so...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Speaking of which... I should be on tonight for two hours or so...
    Nothing better than watching a level 70 dudebro come into my camp and destroy all my workbenches and try to kill me with a mini nuke. Passive mode FTW.

IGN going balls deep into Bethesda.
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/11...lout-76-review
    5 out of 10

Gamespot says I see your 5 and lower the game to a 4.
    https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/fal.../1900-6417040/

Amazon now has the game for $39.99 All consoles and PC.

IGN going balls deep into Bethesda.
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/11...lout-76-review
    5 out of 10

Gamespot says I see your 5 and lower the game to a 4.
    https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/fal.../1900-6417040/

Amazon now has the game for $39.99 All consoles and PC.
    Not a great game yet but I would not put it as a 4/10. Honestly it's a 6-6.5/10 for me. However I am getting my monies worth and enjoy travelling around nightly with Bdoughty. If/when he stops playing however, things may be a different story...

Not a great game yet but I would not put it as a 4/10. Honestly it's a 6-6.5/10 for me. However I am getting my monies worth and enjoy travelling around nightly with Bdoughty. If/when he stops playing however, things may be a different story...
    No plans on stopping anytime soon. Just rebuilt by home in a new area. Leveled up to 24. Still have tons of locations I have not been to. Just happy to see "journalists" are not giving Bethesda a pass for once. Hopefully this forces them to completely revamp/upgrade the game and graphics engine and do a heck of a lot more testing before a game is put out for retail.

Camp is destroyed again. Completely destroyed everything and the vegetables I had planted. Reached level 30, still a ton of stuff to do but until they raise the stash space (hit 400) and figure out a way to keep people from destroying your camps, I am setting this one aside for now. If they fix this I will be glad to play co-op with you again Jaymo but Bethesda has to get their shit together first.

Camp is destroyed again. Completely destroyed everything and the vegetables I had planted. Reached level 30, still a ton of stuff to do but until they raise the stash space (hit 400) and figure out a way to keep people from destroying your camps, I am setting this one aside for now. If they fix this I will be glad to play co-op with you again Jaymo but Bethesda has to get their shit together first.
    I know how frustrating the camp situation is. Frankly I don't get why players are allowed to attack an unarmed base. Last night I had a level 32 visitor. If he wanted to he could have leveled my base. Fortunately he was just visiting to use my armour bench.

FYI... Finally did the Top of the World Mission. Now I don't have to hear that damn beacon anymore. lol

Keep digging that hole Bethesda.

False advertising one of the items in the $200 collectors edition. Then pretty much reply to early complainers that is no big deal.

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/fall...advertisement/

After a few thousand complaints and media picking up on it...

500 flipping atoms, the same amount they gave people for pre-ordering. Let's just say 500 points won't buy you much more than a special door for your camp and some flowers.

To add insult to injury...

They also released the patch notes for the upcoming disappointments.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fa.../1100-6463496/

Wow, up to 600 stash size. That will get me back to playing the game again.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 11-29-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Bdoughty, when we were playing last night you commented that the mission we completed really needed more people. That got me thinking... when was the last time WE saw someone in the world? Honestly I haven't seen another player since opening week (when we are playing together). I know they are there on the map but we never see them.

Bdoughty, when we were playing last night you commented that the mission we completed really needed more people. That got me thinking... when was the last time WE saw someone in the world? Honestly I haven't seen another player since opening week (when we are playing together). I know they are there on the map but we never see them.
    It is unusually less than 10 people and they are spread out across the map. We never seem to run into another player while playing together.

Just a heads up Jaymo, the patch broke some stuff. Shocking! Most important is your carry weight will be screwed up. You will have to do the following every time you want to play. Get naked, quit and restart a new session.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/commen...ry_weight_fix/

Just a heads up Jaymo, the patch broke some stuff. Shocking! Most important is your carry weight will be screwed up. You will have to do the following every time you want to play. Get naked, quit and restart a new session.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/commen...ry_weight_fix/
    You just want Jaymo to get naked

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    You just want Jaymo to get naked

Don't we all?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Don't we all?

The dude abides.

Hey, it's not my fault Jaymo plays as a female mountie in the game. She is kinda hot but I have seen her strip down everytime she enters Power Armor. Although I play a male character and Jaymo tooks photos of my character being half nude in Power Armor. So, take that what you will.

Also I played a bit earlier and was not affected by the weight glitch.

Hey, it's not my fault Jaymo plays as a female mountie in the game. She is kinda hot but I have seen her strip down everytime she enters Power Armor. Although I play a male character and Jaymo tooks photos of my character being half nude in Power Armor. So, take that what you will.

Also I played a bit earlier and was not affected by the weight glitch.
    Currently I'm still doing the veil mission. This may be the longest mission in history. As such my pristine uniform has been replaced by that shag carpet outfit pretending to be a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Don't we all?

Buy a copy of the game and we can wonder the wasteland nude together... while Bdoughty breathes heavily into the microphone. lol

A little off topic but I did JB's next purchase just released.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/my...t%3Areviewstab

Also Axis Football 18 released. I never play Madden so I won't get it but it looks better than that other indie football game.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/ax...vot:reviewstab