Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation Plus

• Facebook
  • Display
    Anyway, when I said it pays for itself, I meant it literally. I paid $50 for a year, and as a promotion, you get an additional 3 months free when you sign up for a year by July 1st.

In the first month ALONE, I've already received over $30 worth of content for free. I got Wipeout HD($20), Rally Cross($6), and Age of Zombies($4) all for free. I also got a $1 discount on the Fat Princess DLC I was going to buy anyway. We also get exclusives themes and avatars for free each month. For example, this month was a cool PSN theme and Fat Princess avatars. Starting July 1st, we also get free episodes of Qore, so the service truly does pay for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    You basically are getting $50 worth of free games and content right off the bat.
    Oh ok, I thought I had read in the past that a subscription would include some kind of warranty/replacement service that made it a really good deal.

Thanks for that IOU, so the "cloud storage" might be included in the "future additions" or am I thinking of something completely different?
    Last edited by Kwizzy; 06-29-2010 at 10:58 AM.

They will definitely add stuff to this in the future. I can almost guarantee you that Cross Game Chat and eventually Cloud Storage will be a couple of those additions.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    They will definitely add stuff to this in the future. I can almost guarantee you that Cross Game Chat and eventually Cloud Storage will be a couple of those additions.
    Was thinking cross-game chat was going to be at launch. Guess not.

I'm guessing they have it functional right now, they're probably just having some trouble getting it to work without having a bunch of issues with it as well. They swear up and down it wont be a Plus feature, but I have a hard time believing they will get it to everyone for free. That's not only a feature that takes a long time to develop and implement, it's also a pretty huge strain on the network.

Well, I think I'm gonna pass on + for awhile... I don't spend enough time on my ps3 or play enough different games (other than sports games) to really justify the $$$ right now. Until they add things like cloud storage &/or an exlusive demo release I just don't see myself getting much out of this. I would be interested to hear if the downloads are faster on + though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    Well, I think I'm gonna pass on + for awhile... I don't spend enough time on my ps3 or play enough different games (other than sports games) to really justify the $$$ right now. Until they add things like cloud storage &/or an exlusive demo release I just don't see myself getting much out of this. I would be interested to hear if the downloads are faster on + though.
    Understandable....Beatn, CDJ, and myself are gaming crackheads so the Plus was a no-brainer.

I'll be joining you guys soon enough, once I have time for my PS3 again (lol). Wipeout + Qore is enough to justify it for me.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I'll probably get it in a couple of months, I wanna see what else stuff they'll give out for getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Understandable....Beatn, CDJ, and myself are gaming crackheads so the Plus was a no-brainer.
    Yeah, and especially with guys like us since we spend so much money on games from the PS Store. For people like that, this is a GREAT deal, something you'll never be able to beat. Put $50 down and basically get 30+ free games and DLC throughout the subscription year. It honestly sounds too good to be true, but this is a subscription based with gamers in mind and I absolutely love it. It's a no-brainer deal for me with no doubts whatsoever. Plus, I love the little golden D-Pad next to my name. It makes me feel special. :p

Yeah the initial deals did nothing much for me as I already had Wipeout when it went on sale. If we get LBP, well I already have that too.

I don't think we get LBP. I think that was a Europe only thing. The US got 3 months free, EU got LBP. I'd rather have 3 months free anyway.

Broke down and got it this evening. I'm not to big on buying anything really from the PSN store other than a few add ons to certain games (Tiger and COD) but I'll probably download/buy more often now.

Considering you get 3 FREE games every single month, it should give you some motivation to download them.

Damn didn't know it was 3 free games a month..That $50 I dropped will add some motivation lol

Figured out what it meant JB, after i went to the PSN store and looked around. Prob going to wait, im not on the level of JB, CD, and IOU but do occasionally get games from the PSN store. This will be something down the road though for sure

is it any 3 games or select 3 free games?

They select them. This month was Wipeout HD, Age of Zombies, and Rally Cross.

n/m

Wow I'll have to think about getting this. 3 free games a month? Are these full blown PS3 games that I simply download/set to download each month?