Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Saw Batman v Superman today and thought it was pretty good; maybe a 7 or 8 out of 10.

There's some logic to the complaints of the critics, but I think they've gone overboard in bashing this one. While I watch the DC TV shows so I know a lot of the characters, reading up on the movie now it seems they really made it for comic fans. I can see where people who aren't into the comics (I do not read them) or shows could get confused or turned off. The movie isn't as friendly for the general populace as the previous Batman trilogy, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Saw Batman v Superman today and thought it was pretty good; maybe a 7 or 8 out of 10.

There's some logic to the complaints of the critics, but I think they've gone overboard in bashing this one. While I watch the DC TV shows so I know a lot of the characters, reading up on the movie now it seems they really made it for comic fans. I can see where people who aren't into the comics (I do not read them) or shows could get confused or turned off. The movie isn't as friendly for the general populace as the previous Batman trilogy, for example.
    I agree 100%, I thought it was a good, borderline great movie. A lot of bouncing around in the first hour, but all that bouncing around is tied together very well for the second hour. Affleck was great as Batman too. I'd say behind Keaton, Bale and Affleck are 2a and 2b. Some great geek out moments for DC fans, some great setups for a prequel that probably won't happen, and a lot of room for growth in the future with Justice League.
    The dude abides.

Just watched Daddy's Home that was some good stuff.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Just watched Daddy's Home that was some good stuff.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    That's a downgrade from being most excellent.

Captain America: Civil War is the best movie in the Marvel Universe. Bar none.

I still think Guardians is. Civil War is right behind it, ahead of Ant-Man.

Spiderman 2 is one of the best of all time. Haven't seen this latest movie yet but that one is probably my favourite. The first xmen was really good as was Guardians. Those movies were fun, we'll written without being overly serious. The last xmen movies were poor imo. Taking themselves too seriously and getting a bit convoluted. First iron man, first Spiderman also very good. I liked the Hulk with Norton. Avengers disappointed me. First Thor was great. And Man was fun but wouldn't be in my top 5. Captain America has been solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Spiderman 2 is one of the best of all time. Haven't seen this latest movie yet but that one is probably my favourite. The first xmen was really good as was Guardians. Those movies were fun, we'll written without being overly serious. The last xmen movies were poor imo. Taking themselves too seriously and getting a bit convoluted. First iron man, first Spiderman also very good. I liked the Hulk with Norton. Avengers disappointed me. First Thor was great. And Man was fun but wouldn't be in my top 5. Captain America has been solid.
    Man, we disagree on a lot.

1) Spiderman 2 was fine for me until the train scene. After that scene, I hated the movie.

2) I LOVE the X-Men reboot. I liked X-Men 1 in the original trilogy but they got progressively worse. 3 was a trainwreck.

3) My top 5 MCU movies are:
    5) Avengers
    4) Ant-Man
    3) Guardians of the Galaxy
    2) Capt. America: The Winter Soldier
    1) Capt. America: Civil War

4) I still need to see Norton Hulk. I've only seen Eric Bana Hulk.

5) Of all the Avengers, Thor has the worst origin movie and the worst sequel.

I loved the first Thor!

As far as Hulk movies the Norton one was a ton better than Bana. I didn't even finish watching the first one.

Finally watched Deadpool and it was really good. The most R rated Marvel movie for sure and definitely not for kids. But the humour and characters were great. I didn't even realize that was Gina carano in the movie. She was hot. Thicker in the movie but still looked good.

Civil War was pretty sweet. Definitely enjoyed it.

Still have to see Ant Man.

Just saw Alice Through The Looking Gl͏a͏s͏s in 3D. First movie I've been to in 3D in a while. Thought it was really enjoyable and funny. Never saw the original from 2010, but may have to go back and watch.

Though it was a decent movie, it appears to have tanked at the box office making enough to maybe pay Johnny Depp's salary

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

My wife and I went to see the live action Alice in Wonderland in the theater aboard a Disney Cruise ship and we both fell asleep on it.

It may have tanked, because there was no reason to make another Alice in Wonderland movie. What story is this based off of, or did they just make one up so they could make a sequel?

I was interested in watching it, but the subtitle (Through the Looking Glass) turned me off...don't mind my brainwashing/MK Ultra theories.

I never liked Alice in the glass or any other Alice movie or book. Quite frankly a lot of those "classics" like Charlie and the chocolate factory along with Dr. Seuss's stuff are all incredibly over rated. So much better stuff now I have no interest in those old wierd things.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    It may have tanked, because there was no reason to make another Alice in Wonderland movie. What story is this based off of, or did they just make one up so they could make a sequel?
    http://www.amazon.com/Alice-Through-...+looking+glass
    The dude abides.

That book was one created by Disney based on the movie, but I found the original Through the Looking Glass book. I wonder how much of the story they changed.

Finding Dory was cute and funny. If you like Finding Nemo you'll like it. Ed O'Neil as the septopus was good too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Finding Dory was cute and funny. If you like Finding Nemo you'll like it. Ed O'Neil as the septopus was good too.
    Do you have kids? A girlfriend with kids? Someone related to you that has kids?