Page 17 of 106 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Random College Football Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    ...and here is Ray Small backpedalling...

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I would snitch on them in a fuckin' heartbeat. Fuck them.
    But you know me!

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    But you know me!

"I thought I did!"

Best show ever.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    First off, I absolutely wouldn't have done it. I don't care how "hard" it is to be a football player in school (I call TOTALLY AND ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT), you don't break the damn rules.

Secondly, if I was a football, that didn't do it mind you, I would snitch on them in a fuckin' heartbeat. Fuck them.
    If you were an honest guy on the team who did everything by the book, didn't take benefits, and "struggled," then I can understand revealing the truth.

If however, YOU were one of these people who took the benefits and did things under the table (like this Ray guy), then you shut your mouth FOREVER. You don't say a thing. Snitching after "you got yours" is lame and makes you a supreme asshat. He needs a beatdown for being dirty and being a rat after the fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted the mockup previously but here's a work in progress of the Central Arkansas field turf

I'm watching College Football Live right now and it showed Pryor driving around in a 350Z. That's not the typical A-to-B car a lot of college kids have. I'm a grown man making a decent living as a teacher/athletic trainer and a 350Z is not in my price range. Pryor is out. No way he plays this upcoming season.

Side note: Matt Millen is now talking about his draft potential. LMAO! He's the last draft "expert" you ever want to talk to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I heard, Pryor's only shot at the NFL this year is through the supplemental draft only IF it is in the new CBA. Otherwise, he can go to the UFL, or just sit out a year and prepare for the combine next year; which I think is his best bet. Get some pro training throughout this year, and get yourself ready to get drafted next year.

Nebraska makes it official with Cody Green leaving the program. Wasn't going to get the QB job here, he gets to sit out this year and still have two years of eligibility left.

Pryor needs to go, you think he would at least show some dignity and drive a car that was his

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Side note: Matt Millen is now talking about his draft potential. LMAO! He's the last draft "expert" you ever want to talk to.
    Amen!

DESTIN, Fla. -- Steve Spurrier has a plan to pay football players -- and it wouldn't cost schools or conferences a dime.

South Carolina's head ball coach offered an interesting yet far-from-feasible proposal Wednesday that would give 70 players a $300 stipend every game.

Spurrier acknowledged that the plan probably won't get very far at the Southeastern Conference's annual meetings or in the NCAA realm, but it could open the door for future dialogue on the issue of sharing millions in college football revenue with the guys who really make it happen.

Spurrier proposal for pay.

South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier dropped a new idea for paying student-athletes -- and it won't cost the universities a dime, writes Edward Aschoff. Blog

Spurrier, Alabama's Nick Saban, Florida's Will Muschamp, LSU's Les Miles, Mississippi's Houston Nutt, Mississippi State's Dan Mullen and Tennessee's Derek Dooley signed the proposal.

SEC commissioner Mike Slive called it a "generous gesture."

"The bottom line was that they support, as coaches, the concept of full cost of attendance," said Slive, referring to other proposals nationally that would require schools to pay student-athletes cost of living expenses.

Spurrier, who lost his voice two days earlier, whispered his proposal to fellow coaches Tuesday night and then told reporters about his plan a day later. There weren't a lot of details, mostly just signatures on a piece of folded-up paper with a few typewritten paragraphs.

But Spurrier had done the math. And knowing that football coaches, especially those in Bowl Championship Series conferences, are making enough to foot the bill. He said the players could use the extra cash to give to their parents for travel, lodging and meals, or they could take their girlfriends out for dinner.

"A bunch of us coaches felt so strongly about it that we would be willing to pay it -- 70 guys, 300 bucks a game," Spurrier said. "That's only $21,000 a game. I doubt it will get passed, but as coaches in the SEC, we make all the money -- as do universities, television -- and we need to get more to our players.

"We would like to make that happen. Probably won't, but we'd love to do it."

The total cost would be less than $300,000 for a coach whose team plays 14 games. But Spurrier acknowledged that not every coach in the country would be able to do the same, and there certainly would be potential Title IX implications and other hurdles.

But Spurrier had done the math. And knowing that football coaches, especially those in Bowl Championship Series conferences, are making enough to foot the bill. He said the players could use the extra cash to give to their parents for travel, lodging and meals, or they could take their girlfriends out for dinner.

"A bunch of us coaches felt so strongly about it that we would be willing to pay it -- 70 guys, 300 bucks a game," Spurrier said. "That's only $21,000 a game. I doubt it will get passed, but as coaches in the SEC, we make all the money -- as do universities, television -- and we need to get more to our players.

"We would like to make that happen. Probably won't, but we'd love to do it."

The total cost would be less than $300,000 for a coach whose team plays 14 games. But Spurrier acknowledged that not every coach in the country would be able to do the same, and there certainly would be potential Title IX implications and other hurdles.

"I just wish there was a way to give our players a piece of the pie," Spurrier said. "It's so huge right now. As you know, 50 years ago there wasn't any kind of money and the players got full scholarships. Now, they're still getting full scholarships and the money is in the millions. I don't know how to get it done. Hopefully there's a way to get our guys that play football a little piece of the pie."

Kentucky coach Joker Phillips said Spurrier's proposal was received well, but he declined to sign it without more details and discussion.

"We had a dialogue with it," Phillips said. "We talked about having a way to put money to allow the prospects to get some type of expense money. Steve brought a proposal in that opened up some dialogue. ... Just us having a dialogue was important. It wasn't a real standard deal, so I wasn't willing to put my name on anything that wasn't set in stone."

Miles signed it without hesitation, saying it's time to start discussing paying players.

"We want to start a very open dialogue about how to have some of those players who make such a great contribution on Saturdays, who are good students, good people, that are really having hardship even under full grant-in-aid situations, be able to get them some money," Miles said. "That really is the issue.

"I think Steve Spurrier makes a good point with the proposal. In the actual workings, I think it's flawed. But I'm for starting that dialogue. It opens the door."

any takers?

awesome story in pictures about tressel as well:

http://www.prevailandride.blogspot.com/ (somewhat nsfw?)
    Last edited by baseballplyrmvp; 06-02-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    Conceptually, I love the idea. But that seems to open the door for all kinds of behind-closed-doors abuse.

And, as the article acknowledged, Title IX would have a field day with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I'm a grown man making a decent living as a teacher/athletic trainer and a 350Z is not in my price range. Pryor is out. No way he plays this upcoming season.
    Not that I could necessarily afford to buy a car right now, but an 80,000 mile car for $11,435 isn't totally outside my price range. That's actually less than the price of the car my parents bought me in college.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Pryor needs to go, you think he would at least show some dignity and drive a car that was his
    Eh, it's his mother's. Close enough.

(And yes, I realize that you guys were posting on Tuesday, when I thought the same thing)
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 06-02-2011 at 11:47 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

using kelly blue book as a reference, i should expect to pay close to $18k for the standard 350z in my area, with 80k miles on it. i doubt there is a $6k price difference between columbus, ohio and the north seattle area.

Joe Schad just posted on Twitter that Joe Pa is skyping with recruits.... a/s/l?

Seems like Pryor's licenses wasn't suspended after all.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Joe Schad just posted on Twitter that Joe Pa is skyping with recruits.... a/s/l?
    True, Joe stepping into the 21st century. A lot of rumors floating around this is the last year.

"a/s/l" ???

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    True, Joe stepping into the 21st century. A lot of rumors floating around this is the last year.

"a/s/l" ???
    you don't know what a/s/l means?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    you don't know what a/s/l means?
    Do know

Makes perfect sense now why you use it

used mostly in chatrooms by people who are either pedophilic stalkers or else very lonely people.