• 500+ New Vignettes

5 17.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EA SPORTS: NCAA Football 14 Playbook 2 - Presentation

• Facebook
  • Display

EA SPORTS: NCAA Football 14 Playbook 2 - Presentation

EA SPORTS has posted the second NCAA Football Playbook and it focuses on improvements & changes to presentation.

Among the improvements coming to presentation: A halftime show featuring Rece Davis & David Pollack, neutral site games, school specific base-layers & gloves, and more.

Continue on to read the Presentation Playbook.

The ultimate goal of any video game is to immerse you in the action. That’s why we’ve been heavily focused in making improvements both on and off the field for NCAA Football 14. We’re excited to start revealing some of the biggest upgrades to presentation.

Blur Tempo

In NCAA Football 14, you’ll feel the emotion of college football right from the streamlined and responsive menu interface. Now you can see all the game modes and available options – such as Play Now, Dynasty and Ultimate Team – at a glance and jump straight into the action.

One major complaint from fans over the last few years is that the pre-game simply took too long. When you’re in Play Now, you want to play. Pregame festivities have been redone from 2-3 minutes sequences to emphatic 30-second intros that still retain all of the college traditions that play such a big part of different school's identities.

The intros in Dynasty Mode are also deeper and more immersive than ever before. Rece Davis will set the stage with robust game storylines that are accompanied by a variety of on-screen banners, faithfully recreating the type of montages seen on ESPN before big games on Saturday. On-screen banners incorporate dynamic phrases, and there are multiple variations based on the type of game you are playing, like a rivalry or bowl game.

Leave It on the Field

New triggering logic in NCAA Football 14 will capture the emotion on the field like never before. Replacing the legacy vignettes are more than 500 new sequences that run between plays. These vignettes are designed to keep you in the action – just like watching college football on TV. You’ll also notice dynamic player wipes and all new-team wipes.

Another detail that makes a big impact is the inclusion of pre-play player chatter. Now, in addition to hearing the QB bark out audibles, you can listen in as defenders call out their adjustments. You might catch the center calling out the number of down linemen or the QB calling out the Mike Linebacker. Linemen can make calls to alert potential blitzers, and the defense will counter by calling out strength of formation. You may even hear the location of the tight end or which players the defense will be keying on. You’ll also hear players celebrating between whistles as they make game-changing plays like TDs and INTs.

Authenticity is important to NCAA Football 14 and the game will feature the latest new uniforms, team-specific gloves and base layers. In close collaboration with the apparel manufacturers, you can expect regular uniform updates post-launch as well. Rest assured that your team will not only be playing in accurate gear, but they’ll also be using the correct football based on their school’s equipment and apparel manufacturers. That’s right, Under Armour schools will play with an Under Armour ball.

This year, South Alabama makes its long-awaited debut in NCAA Football along with Old Dominion and Georgia State. The Jaguars stadium has been accurately recreated, as has Texas State’s. That’s right, Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium will be in the game. Both big and small schools received attention, with TCU’s stadium updated to reflect their recent renovations. Horned Frogs fans should feel right at home.

Neutral site games make their long-awaited debut this year, including the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic (Georgia Dome), Cowboy Kickoff Classic (Cowboys Stadium) and the Texas Kickoff Classic (Reliant Stadium). NCAA Football 14 also features three stadiums brought over from Madden NFL: Soldier Field, MetLife Stadium and M&T Bank Stadium. You can even create your own neutral site game. Let your imagination run wild.

The Story of the Game

In addition to the on-field improvements, NCAA Football 14 features a more realistic and enjoyable broadcast experience. This year, Brad Nessler and Kirk Herbstreit will focus on the ever changing in game stories that make college football so great. They'll highlight key players and their performances throughout the season, along with the storylines that play out dynamically on the field.

The development team meticulously studied box scores throughout the 2011 and 2012 season, dissecting statistics and finding patterns. What was discovered was that many games follow similar storylines and these were the first building blocks of our Drive Stories feature. In NCAA 14, Brad and Kirk will recognize patterns as the game progresses and comment on them as a banner is shown on screen. These moments precede key drives, and mimic real broadcasts where the commentary team would take a step away from the action and sum up how the game is playing out.

Anyone who has watched college football knows that when a National or Conference leader is playing in a game, the broadcast will place the spotlight on them. In NCAA Football 14, if a user-controlled team or the opposition has one of these Key Players, Brad and Kirk will introduce the player and talk about his importance, and then track his performance throughout. How is he playing in relation to his team? Does he rebound from a slow start? Does a Key QB’s run game steal the show? Is the player falling apart as his team struggles? These are just some of the many storylines available this year.

There are also special storylines in store for the most dedicated Dynasty gamers. Some won’t become available until at least your 2nd year as a coach, while others take much more time to unlock.

The ESPN Living Game Clock, which provides quick-hitting stats on previous plays, player stats, game stats, play selection and more, is just one more piece that heightens immersion and makes the game feel truer to an actual ESPN broadcast.

We can announce that NCAA Football 14 will feature a halftime show with Rece Davis and David Pollack. The duo will recap your game, call out highlights and set up the second half with a combination of thoughtful insight and witty banter.

David Pollack’s experience on the defensive side of the ball, along with his natural chemistry with Rece Davis on air, results in a compelling halftime show. The insightful banter back and forth creates naturally flowing, authentic commentary.

And last but not least, we’re excited to announce that “Zombie Nation” and “Seven Nation Army” are in NCAA 14, two of the most widely-used stadium anthems in the country. And yes, you’ll hear the crowd chanting, just like they do in real life. More info is on the way, so make sure you read the site regularly.

There’s a ton of other features that will be announced shortly, each making NCAA Football 14 look, and feel, like nothing you’ve ever played before. Check back in the coming days and weeks for even more details on all the improvements to presentation.

Fans can keep up to date by visiting the NCAA Football website, Facebook, and Twitter for exclusive assets and unique insights into all of this year’s new features. College football enthusiasts can also get involved in the conversation by tweeting with the hashtag #PLAYTRUE.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...2-Presentation

Ok, I know they re-did the menus due to be a resource hog and lagging the game, but wow! That is UGLY and bland as hell. Menus are definitely a down-grade from last year.

+ Halftime show (hopefully it doesn't get too repetitive)

The rest of it is very "meh" to me

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Ok, I know they re-did the menus due to be a resource hog and lagging the game, but wow! That is UGLY and bland as hell. Menus are definitely a down-grade from last year.
    I'd take bland and ugly over taking forever to get through them because they were so laggy.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    + Halftime show (hopefully it doesn't get too repetitive)

The rest of it is very "meh" to me
    Is there anything that you wanted/expected to be there that isn't or just a matter that presentation doesn't matter as much to you?

The ESPN Living Game Clock, which provides quick-hitting stats on previous plays, player stats, game stats, play selection and more, is just one more piece that heightens immersion and makes the game feel truer to an actual ESPN broadcast.
    FINALLY!

Been asking for this for years.

Anyone who has watched college football knows that when a National or Conference leader is playing in a game, the broadcast will place the spotlight on them. In NCAA Football 14, if a user-controlled team or the opposition has one of these Key Players, Brad and Kirk will introduce the player and talk about his importance, and then track his performance throughout. How is he playing in relation to his team? Does he rebound from a slow start? Does a Key QB’s run game steal the show? Is the player falling apart as his team struggles? These are just some of the many storylines available this year.

There are also special storylines in store for the most dedicated Dynasty gamers. Some won’t become available until at least your 2nd year as a coach, while others take much more time to unlock.
    Really stoked for this too. We really didn't get to see this in action as it is typically one of the last things that is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Is there anything that you wanted/expected to be there that isn't or just a matter that presentation doesn't matter as much to you?
    Admittedly, I'm not a "big" presentation guy. IMHO no matter what EA does the commentary is going to get OLD/STALE quickly for me b/c they simply won't/can't put enough variations of commentary in the game to make it feel truly authentic (perhaps I play the game too much). I'm sure I'll enjoy the new commentary at 1st but after a month or so I'll have heard 100% of it at least 10+ times. Perhaps I just play the game too much.

I liked the in game studio updates last year (although the commentary got stale after awhile -- are they still in the game?) was hoping they would add to that with actual video highlights of the big plays in those games just like they do in a real broadcast. I was also hoping for "College Gameday" as a weekly pre-game show sort of like 2K did with College Hoops as sort of a weekly recap with video highlights and commentary of the season with profiles of Heisman front runners; conference standings; Top 25; BCS Standings; etc....

Admittedly, I'm not a "big" presentation guy. IMHO no matter what EA does the commentary is going to get OLD/STALE quickly for me b/c they simply won't/can't put enough variations of commentary in the game to make it feel truly authentic (perhaps I play the game too much). I'm sure I'll enjoy the new commentary at 1st but after a month or so I'll have heard 100% of it at least 10+ times. Perhaps I just play the game too much.

I liked the in game studio updates last year (although the commentary got stale after awhile -- are they still in the game?) was hoping they would add to that with actual video highlights of the big plays in those games just like they do in a real broadcast. I was also hoping for "College Gameday" as a weekly pre-game show sort of like 2K did with College Hoops as sort of a weekly recap with video highlights and commentary of the season with profiles of Heisman front runners; conference standings; Top 25; BCS Standings; etc....
    I agree with you. NCAA, Madden, and Tiger are like that for me, and I usually have something else running on the other TV with audio on that instead of in-game.

conference standings; Top 25; BCS Standings; etc....
    Some of the new in-game banners will show conference standings, Top 25, Players to Watch, etc.

I'm glad they re-did the menus, because they were insanely laggy last year. Looked great, but laggy. Rather go with a more bland look with better performance because after awhile, the aesthetics of things like the menus wears off & you're just ready to play the game. I'm very interested in the commentary this year, if it's anything like 2K is, then it'll be great. Madden commentary isn't too bad either with the exception of a few repetitive things.

Recruiting menus are better too. We can't talk about that stuff yet, but the redesign has eliminated the lag there as well. That was my biggest pain was scrolling through a list of players and it taking an eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Some of the new in-game banners will show conference standings, Top 25, Players to Watch, etc.
    Yeah I dunno just didn't strike me as anywhere near the quality of something that was added to a now defunct series 5+ years ago....

Imagine that with improved graphics the College Gameday graphics and highlights/box scores from the big games; upsets; etc.... each week also perhaps instead of the menu showing you the BCS rankings they are ONLY unveiled each week in the weekly College Gameday show. In fact, you could probably get rid of the entire dynasty menu now (other than recruiting) and replace it with the College Gameday show/video each week. Heck it be amazing if they even commented when a team nabbed a "big time" recruit. The possibilities are really endless.
    Last edited by CLW; 04-18-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Here is a pic featuring the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game (courtesy Operation Sports):

So, just to clarify...I can finally use Cowboys Stadium for my custom Big 12 Championship game and not the "Cotton Bowl"? What field art and logos will I see instead?

Quote Originally Posted by onikuno View Post
    So, just to clarify...I can finally use Cowboys Stadium for my custom Big 12 Championship game and not the "Cotton Bowl"? What field art and logos will I see instead?
    Yes, I believe so. We'd have to double check to see how this works in conjunction with Custom Conferences, though. This feature wasn't final when we saw it in March, but I believe the plan at that time would see a standard field (blank) but with the swappable end zone art for each school.

Yeah, that is the biggest thing for me. Neutral game stadiums (MetLife, Soldier, etc), we can CREATE our own neutral-site games, etc. That is the biggest addition so far for me, I've been wanting the stadiums of actual neutral-site games and be able to create my own neutral-site games for years.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Recruiting menus are better too. We can't talk about that stuff yet, but the redesign has eliminated the lag there as well. That was my biggest pain was scrolling through a list of players and it taking an eternity.
    That's a fair point about the menus as I did notice some lag but I guess it didn't bother me as badly as it did some. I always thought the 3D stuff was unnecessary. The main menu almost looks Windows 8ish to me. Was that the concept they were going for a tablet/smart phone like screen?

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Yes, I believe so. We'd have to double check to see how this works in conjunction with Custom Conferences, though. This feature wasn't final when we saw it in March, but I believe the plan at that time would see a standard field (blank) but with the swappable end zone art for each school.
    I was hoping the conference logo for mid-field art. Just have to wait and see.

Where any new playable camera's added this year?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2