Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Saw Inside Out with the kids over the weekend. It was pretty good. It was kinda dark for a Pixar movie. Kids loved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I saw it yesterday for my nephew's birthday. It was a hit with my family. It even got me chocked up. That volcano short "Lava" before the movie was the sweetest thing I've seen in forever.
    It was a great movie.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Movie Review Thread

Watched Interstellar last night. A lot so astrophysics theory in it (wormholes, singularities, theory of relativity, etc.)but the story was interesting. It had a really moving musical score.

Saw Minions tonight with the family. It was okay. However, the kids loved it. If you have young kids and like "Despicable Me" then this is your movie.

My kids really want to see Minions as well. We'll probably see it next week or so.

My kids (meaning myself and my girlfriend) will definitely be going to see it
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

My wife and I took our son yesterday to see it. We were dressed as a unit all having minion made shirts from a vacation to the beach a few years ago...yellow t-shirts with the minion face decal screen printed on .

Son enjoyed the movie I think, it was okay with a few funny parts to it.

I saw Ant-Man. Another quality Marvel movie.

There IS a scene post-credits unlike The Avengers 2 and it's kind of a biggie.

I saw Ant-Man. Another quality Marvel movie.

There IS a scene post-credits unlike The Avengers 2 and it's kind of a biggie.
    I thought it was one of the better Marvel movies, but saw it "only" brought in $58M over the weekend. I guess that's what happens when you make a movie with a relatively obscure superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I thought it was one of the better Marvel movies, but saw it "only" brought in $58M over the weekend. I guess that's what happens when you make a movie with a relatively obscure superhero.
    Yeah the next Avengers movie could suck and still pull in $300M
    The dude abides.

Movie Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah the next Avengers movie could suck and still pull in $300M
    At least $10 of that will be from me
    Last edited by souljahbill; 07-20-2015 at 05:05 PM.

Saw Trainwreck last night, it was hilarious!

Some great cameos in it too.

LeBron and John Cena do pretty well in it as well.
    The dude abides.

Haven't seen it yet, but Fantastic Four sounds like a flop.

In a major blow for 20th Century Fox's plan to secure the fate of a key superhero franchise, controversial director Josh Trank's Fantastic Four opened to a dismal $26.2 million from 3,995 theaters at the North American box office after being rejected by critics and audiences alike.

That's one of the lowest openings of all time for a big-budget studio superhero movie, and, in a twist Hollywood didn't see coming, the $120 million tentpole lost the weekend crown to holdover Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation, starring Tom Cruise. Rogue Nation fell a mere 48 percent in its second weekend to $29.4 million from 3,988 theaters for a domestic total of $109.5 million for partners Paramount and Skydance Productions (M:I continues to be buoyed by strong Imax numbers).

Overseas, where Hollywood tentpoles often make up ground, the news was mostly grim as Fantastic Four launched to a tepid $34.1 million from 43 markets for a global bow of $60.3 million (one standout market was Mexico). Rogue Nation was easily the winner internationally as well, taking in another $65.5 million from 58 territories for a foreign total of $156.7 million and global haul of $265.3 million.

Fantastic Four was no doubt hurt by scathing reviews and a C- CinemaScore, as well as drama whipped up by the director. On Thursday, Trank tweeted that the final version of the superhero was not his own and that his version would have gotten better notices. (He later deleted the tweet.)

The Hollywood Reporter revealed in May that Trank's behavior and unusual conduct on set was a cause of great concern for the studio and producers Simon Kinberg and Hutch Parker. There were also reshoots to shore up the third act, according to insiders.

Heading into the weekend, Fantastic Four was expected to clear at least $40 million, although many expected it to approach $50 million. No one's sure what the film's start means for the sequel, which is already dated for June 2017.

Friend of mine saw it and said it was horrible.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Haven't seen it yet, but Fantastic Four sounds like a flop.

In a major blow for 20th Century Fox's plan to secure the fate of a key superhero franchise, controversial director Josh Trank's Fantastic Four opened to a dismal $26.2 million from 3,995 theaters at the North American box office after being rejected by critics and audiences alike.

That's one of the lowest openings of all time for a big-budget studio superhero movie, and, in a twist Hollywood didn't see coming, the $120 million tentpole lost the weekend crown to holdover Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation, starring Tom Cruise. Rogue Nation fell a mere 48 percent in its second weekend to $29.4 million from 3,988 theaters for a domestic total of $109.5 million for partners Paramount and Skydance Productions (M:I continues to be buoyed by strong Imax numbers).

Overseas, where Hollywood tentpoles often make up ground, the news was mostly grim as Fantastic Four launched to a tepid $34.1 million from 43 markets for a global bow of $60.3 million (one standout market was Mexico). Rogue Nation was easily the winner internationally as well, taking in another $65.5 million from 58 territories for a foreign total of $156.7 million and global haul of $265.3 million.

Fantastic Four was no doubt hurt by scathing reviews and a C- CinemaScore, as well as drama whipped up by the director. On Thursday, Trank tweeted that the final version of the superhero was not his own and that his version would have gotten better notices. (He later deleted the tweet.)

The Hollywood Reporter revealed in May that Trank's behavior and unusual conduct on set was a cause of great concern for the studio and producers Simon Kinberg and Hutch Parker. There were also reshoots to shore up the third act, according to insiders.

Heading into the weekend, Fantastic Four was expected to clear at least $40 million, although many expected it to approach $50 million. No one's sure what the film's start means for the sequel, which is already dated for June 2017.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Friend of mine saw it and said it was horrible.

Frankly from the trailers it looked horrible. Plus, though the first two weren't great I thought they had some charm with the acting. This was a reboot nobody asked for or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Frankly from the trailers it looked horrible. Plus, though the first two weren't great I thought they had some charm with the acting. This was a reboot nobody asked for or wanted.
    This

Plus, the movie not being a part of the MCU hurt. If Fox would've played ball with Marvel like Sony and got it inside of the MCU, it would've faired way better. You probably wouldn't have a black Johnny Storm either.

The last 2 X-Men movies are both really good movies so they can stand on their own outside of the MCU (though having the X-Men included in it would be pretty badass). Deadpool actually has a better shot being outside the MCU since Disney would have it as PG-13. Deadpool needs to be rated R to be truly reflective of the character.

Marvel is rebooting too often and with the weaker franchises it doesn't make sense.

Straight Outta Compton was legit.

I definitely want to see it.
    The dude abides.

After two months of waiting my wife and I finally got a chance to see Jurassic World. Not a great script and the plot was somewhat suspect... but it was a fun movie to escape to for two plus hours. I will pick it up on BluRay on release.