Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    I liked Edge of Tomorrow. A cool sci-fi Groundhog Day. I would have liked some more back story but it was fun.

Maleficent was good too. Not a great movie but an interesting twist on Sleeping Beauty for the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I liked Edge of Tomorrow. A cool sci-fi Groundhog Day. I would have liked some more back story but it was fun.

Maleficent was good too. Not a great movie but an interesting twist on Sleeping Beauty for the family.
    Maleficent was better than I anticipated.

Saw Focus over the weekend.

Not bad (better than previews made it look), but really could have used some better writing in spots, especially in developing plot twists. Good acting, though Will Smith's character needed some development/fleshing out. Margot Robbie is easy on the eyes and at times she really looks like a twin sister of Jaime Pressly.

Just watched Sex Tape. Funnier than anticipated.

Last Vegas. Shit was awesome!

Into the Storm

I saw it at the movies but now it's in rotation on HBO and was the Saturday night new movie. I like it. It hasn't surpassed The Day After Tomorrow as my favorite disaster movie but it ranks highly. I like it more than Twister.

It wasn't bad. I saw it in IMAX back in August and got the blu-ray for Christmas. The only tough thing for me with these movies is I'm a storm and tornado nut. So even though I know these are entertainment for the masses movies, it's so hard to watch them and not shout out "that's impossible! That can't happen! A tornado would never do that!, etc." while watching. But, it was better than I expected. The whole video camera thing with the two brothers sort of detracted a little bit in my opinion. They could have still had a good movie without all of the "Blair Witch Project" type scenes with those hand held camcorders.

#TheScriptIsDead

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    It wasn't bad. I saw it in IMAX back in August and got the blu-ray for Christmas. The only tough thing for me with these movies is I'm a storm and tornado nut. So even though I know these are entertainment for the masses movies, it's so hard to watch them and not shout out "that's impossible! That can't happen! A tornado would never do that!, etc." while watching. But, it was better than I expected. The whole video camera thing with the two brothers sort of detracted a little bit in my opinion. They could have still had a good movie without all of the "Blair Witch Project" type scenes with those hand held camcorders.

#TheScriptIsDead
    My favorite was the Firenado

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    My favorite was the Firenado
    That was a good part. That poor bastard who got caught in it...

#TheScriptIsDead

Call me a sap but everytime I see that scene in Draft Day when Vontae Mack gets drafted, I feel it.

Yeah, Draft Day gets bashed for quite a few reasons, and the whole storyline revolving around the three first round picks and then getting them back as if nothing ever happened (plus extra) was pretty ridiculous and laughable, even for a movie, but damn it's still a good movie at its roots. After thinking he was gonna get screwed by Cleveland, they go and grab Mack and then also make it right with the hometown hero's son Jennings.

#TheScriptIsDead

Any one go see Furious 7 over the weekend ? It the number one movie right now .. made over 300 milion!

I went it and saw it on Tuesday today for 5$ as I never go see movies for full price. Was a killer fast and furious movie best one yet besides the first one. But honestly I loved them even 2 fat 2 furious and honestly. I think again besides the first one I like Toyoko Drift more after watching it more... I hope they bring in more characters from that movie in 8 , 9 and 10. Yes there gonna be 3 more people so get ready.

I was a little disappointing in really no races , I won't say much more on what the scene was to keep fresh for you guys.. But I'd go see it again if I could. .. I'll be waiting the new box set once there all out on blue ray! Also they did a good job in saying Good buy to Paul Walker.. And no teaser at the end for number 8.

I have honestly never cared about those movies. They look stupid to me from the promos and previews. Not worth wasting my money on.

#TheScriptIsDead

Yea you gotta be able to be fan of the type of movies of how they are to really enjoy them and the actors etc. FOr me I'm a car and have enjoyed for what they are and will be awaiting movie number 8!

Yeah, they seem to fall under that type of movie. Either you're going to like it or you're not. I haven't really noticed much in between in comments. For me personally, they just really have never done much for me. Of course, to be fair, a movie would have to damn near give me a blowjob to get me to willingly buy a movie ticket these days and get bent over by theater prices.

#TheScriptIsDead

Agreed on the movie prices for tickets and food inside, which is why I only go on 5$ Tuesday for Marcus theaters. U get free popcorn so if u want soda u only need that nothing else.

I saw F&F7. Close 2nd to F&F5 for my favorite. Much better than F&F6 which was kind of a letdown after 5. That 3 building stunt in Dubai was absolutely INCREDIBLE!

Speaking of incredible, I've been wanting to give Nathalie Emmanuel the D since she showed up on Game of Thrones.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    Yea you gotta be able to be fan of the type of movies of how they are to really enjoy them and the actors etc. FOr me I'm a car and have enjoyed for what they are and will be awaiting movie number 8!
    Holy fuck!

You're a car?!?!

In that case, I apologize for ever being critical of your mastery of the written word and must say that you do a GREAT job posting for a car.

Hats off to you!

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I have honestly never cared about those movies. They look stupid to me from the promos and previews. Not worth wasting my money on.

#TheScriptIsDead
    This.

Saw Home with the family. It was a good family film. The alien was the best. Maybe not as funny as I expected and it's not going to rank in the top animated movies but still worth seeing.