Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    SyFy's knock-off movies are so pathetic, it's almost enough to make me forget how much quality original programming they've had over the years (though, upon reflection, very little of it was actually produced by Skiffy).
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Saw In Time yesterday. Pretty cool movie, ending was so-so though.

Got three more $0.99 rentals from Amazon to watch yet. Harold & Kumar Xmas, Real Steel, and Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Might get one or two in over the Memorial Day weekend if the move goes well.

You get em free? Or you just rented those for .99?

Quote Originally Posted by DariusLock View Post
    You get em free? Or you just rented those for .99?
    They have a $0.99 rental of the day. When you rent it, you have 30 days to start watching. Once you start it, that's when the 24 or 48 hour rental clock begins.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

On my Disney cruise, I saw John Carter, The Avengers, and Chimpanzee which is a Disney Nature movie.

John Carter was better then expected. I really liked it. It's a shame it bombed because I'm down for a sequel.

I'm not a comic-nerd and the only Avenger movie I had seen pre-Avengers was Iron Man 1 but The Avengers was really good. Good enough to make me interested in seeing all the Avenger hero movies. Disappointing that there's no Mark Ruffalo Hulk movie because he's a good actor and the Hulk was my favorite character in the movie.

I don't know if anyone has seen any of the Disney Nature films but if you watched and liked the Planet Earth series then you'd probably like these films. They're good at giving animals compelling stories. I didn't think Chimpanzee was as good as African Cats (which I LOOOOOOVE!!!) but definitely entertaining and informative. I didn't know beforehand that chimps eat monkeys and are cannibalistic.

Anyway, I'd recommend all 3, especially John Carter since most people missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    On my Disney cruise, I saw John Carter, The Avengers, and Chimpanzee which is a Disney Nature movie.

John Carter was better then expected. I really liked it. It's a shame it bombed because I'm down for a sequel.

I'm not a comic-nerd and the only Avenger movie I had seen pre-Avengers was Iron Man 1 but The Avengers was really good. Good enough to make me interested in seeing all the Avenger hero movies. Disappointing that there's no Mark Ruffalo Hulk movie because he's a good actor and the Hulk was my favorite character in the movie.

I don't know if anyone has seen any of the Disney Nature films but if you watched and liked the Planet Earth series then you'd probably like these films. They're good at giving animals compelling stories. I didn't think Chimpanzee was as good as African Cats (which I LOOOOOOVE!!!) but definitely entertaining and informative. I didn't know beforehand that chimps eat monkeys and are cannibalistic.

Anyway, I'd recommend all 3, especially John Carter since most people missed it.
    How'd you like the cruise? My family is headed out on one in early Oct out of Galveston. Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    How'd you like the cruise? My family is headed out on one in early Oct out of Galveston. Any recommendations?
    It was my wife's and I second Disney cruise. We don't have children but Disney cruise's are hands down, the best cruises. They are so far ahead of Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Norweigan that it isn't funny. Best service, best amenities, most activities and entertainment for not only families and children, but just for adults as well. Their private island, Castaway Cay, is awesome. There isn't a negative thing I can say about them. They may cost more but you get more then what you pay for. We booked next year's cruise while onboard.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    It was my wife's and I second Disney cruise. We don't have children but Disney cruise's are hands down, the best cruises. They are so far ahead of Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Norweigan that it isn't funny. Best service, best amenities, most activities and entertainment for not only families and children, but just for adults as well. Their private island, Castaway Cay, is awesome. There isn't a negative thing I can say about them. They may cost more but you get more then what you pay for. We booked next year's cruise while onboard.
    Sweet! Good to hear. This is our family's first cruise so we're all pretty excited. The kids are already going nuts and we still have 4 months to go!

anyone plan on seeing Ted?

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    anyone plan on seeing Ted?
    Eventually. Looks good.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Yeah. I definitely want to sometime down the road. Not sure if I'll pay to see it in theaters or not.

JB told me about this last night. Our theatres around here don't do it but I would love to go

http://celebsecrets4u.com/2012/06/04...tman-marathon/

AMC Theaters is known to put on marathons leading up to a huge movie premiere. Batman: The Dark Knight Rises will be no different. With the final installment in the Christopher Nolan Batman series upon us next month Batman fans everywhere are gearing up for midnight releases as well as movie marathons. AMC is here to help with the marathons! As they did with last month’s Ultimate Marvel Marathon, AMC Theatres is planning a special showcase of Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy in select theaters on July 19th. That means that you will watch Batman Begins, followed by Batman: The Dark Knight, followed by mid-night showing of the final movie in the trilogy, Batman: The Dark Knight Rises. Tickets are planned to go on sale on June 11th at AMC’s official site.

Oh and Ted looks freaking hilarious.

I'll watch Ted on DVD. Marky Mark is so hit or miss when it comes to acting. Sometimes he is really, really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    JB told me about this last night. Our theatres around here don't do it but I would love to go

http://celebsecrets4u.com/2012/06/04...tman-marathon/
    I'd pay for that...I'd need beer and a "smoke" break or two.

Watched Amercian Reunion last night. Hilarious! If you like the past three movies, you'll love this one.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Watched Amercian Reunion last night. Hilarious! If you like the past three movies, you'll love this one.
    I've actually heard that it is pretty good. Feel the need to watch it to complete the set, even though I thought American Wedding was garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    I've actually heard that it is pretty good. Feel the need to watch it to complete the set, even though I thought American Wedding was garbage.
    I agree. 1 is my favorite as I really like the "story" in the original. It was silly but I felt it had "heart" to it. 2 was mad funny. Wedding was a snoozer. The proposal scene, dance scene, the bachelor party, the Stifler and Finch swapping personalities for Cadance's affections, and Stifler's "chocolate" were LOL funny but everything else was eye-rolling. Band Camp was hilarious to me. Baby Stifler did an excellent job. I wanna see Reunion though.

anyone seen vantage point? it was released 4 years ago, but damn, from the half that i watched of it this morning, it was good. its worth a watch, imo.