• MOMENTUM
      • WEIGHT SHIFTING
      • ACCELERATION
      • GRADUAL SLOWING DOWN
      • BALANCE
      • FOOT-PLANTING
    DYNASTY IMPROVEMVENTS
    • WEEKLY RECAP SHOWS
      • RECAPS SCORES FROM THE TOP 25, NATIONALLY TELEVISED GAMES, TOP PLAYS, AND ESPNU 150 RECRUITING DECISIONS.
      • DESIGNATE A DAY, AT THE END OF THE WEEK, WHERE ALL RECRUITS MAKE THEIR DECISION (INSTEAD OF CALLING EACH RECRUIT AT THAT MOMENT, PLAN THINGS THROUGHOUT EACH WEEK, THINGS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO TO RECRUIT THAT PLAYER, AND THEN FIND OUT THE RESULTS OF YOUR PITCH ON THAT DESIGNATED DAY. **RESULTS VARY BASED ON YOUR COACHES RECRUITING RATING - SEE CH2K8). THIS WAY THE AI CAN GATHER ALL THE DATA FROM SELECTED GAMES/RECRUITS AND PRESENT IT TO YOU IN A WEEKLY, OR BI-WEEKLY, SHOW.
    • SMARTER COACHING CAROUSEL HIRE/FIRE LOGIC.
    • COACH RATINGS - SCOUTING, CHARISMA, DISCIPLINE, OFFENSE, DEFENSE, SPECIAL TEAMS, TEACHING - ON A SCALE OF 1-5 (1 BEING THE WORST, 5 BEING THE BEST).
    • KEEP TRACK OF COACHING ACHIEVMENTS & RECORDS AND LET YOUR COACH WORK HIS WAY INTO THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME, OR BE IMPORTED INTO MADDEN.
    • GIVE THE USER THE ABILITY TO HIRE/FIRE THEIR OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE COORDINATORS.
    • GIVE THE USER THE ABILITY TO UPGRADE TEAM FACILITIES.
      • STADIUM EXPANSION - CREATE A STADIUM/ OR TEAMBUILDER
      • INCORPORATE A "SCHOOL REVENUE TRACKER."
        • ADDS UP THE AMOUNT OF MONEY EACH PROGRAM EARNS - BASED ON STADIUM CAPACITY/ATTENDENCE, TV CONTRACTS WITH ESPN, ETC..
    • MEDICAL REDSHIRTS
    • SPRING GAME
    • UNDER ARMOR ALL-AMERICAN GAME
    ROAD TO GLORY IMPROVEMENTS
    • ADD "KEY GAMES."
    • USE A REVAMPED POINTS SYSTEM
      • EARN POINTS BY ON FIELD PERFORMANCE DURING GAMES/PRACTICE/SCRIMMAGES - OR BY POSITION DRILLS.
      • POINTS ARE WORTH MORE IN "KEY GAMES" - RIVALRY GAMES, NATIONALLY TELEVISED GAMES, CHAMP/BOWL GAMES, ETC..
    • POPULARITY/DRAFT STOCK TRACKER
      • ON FIELD INTERVIEWS WITH ESPN REPORTER (ERIN ANDREWS/DESMOND HOWARD) WHERE YOUR ANSWERS AFFECT YOUR POPULARITY/DRAFT STOCK AROUND THE COUNTRY - ALSO INFLUENCES HEISMAN CONSIDERATION. (YOUR PERFORMANCE IS ALSO INCLUDED IN THIS, OBVIOUSLY)
    PRESENTATION
    • SOUNDS
      • KEEP CHRISTIAN ON THIS
    • VISUALS
      • ADD MORE STAT OVERLAYS
      • COLLEGE GAMEDAY!!
      • CUSTOM CAMERAL ANGLES
      • ADD THE CHAIN GANG
      • FIX ECU'S STADIUM (I FEEL BAD FOR THEIR FANS LOL)
    Last edited by t2jbird; 04-10-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by t2jbird View Post
    • MOMENTUM
    • WEIGHT SHIFTING
    • ACCELERATION
    • GRADUAL SLOWING DOWN
    • BALANCE
    • FOOT-PLANTING
    • PHYSICS!!!
    I applaud the fact that you're shooting for the moon, but the chances of that level of change happening in a less-than-one-year development cycle is pretty slim, to be honest.

Good list though, you've got a lot of things that I'd love to see down the line in the series.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I applaud the fact that you're shooting for the moon, but the chances of that level of change happening in a less-than-one-year development cycle is pretty slim, to be honest.

Good list though, you've got a lot of things that I'd love to see down the line in the series.
    I know there isn't much chance. Just wanted to put this out there and see if I could spark some ideas with some people.. hopefully EA people. Ha

I don't see why they can't move into "physics" -- they already have locomotion half assed in there. Instead of improving it, they ignored it in '12 and its flaws were exposed. Maybe in '13 they'll expand on it but I think a perfected locomotion system will satisfy most when it comes to general player movement.

Locomotion (player movement) would be #1 on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyReign View Post
    I don't see why they can't move into "physics"
    True. I just get a little ... cautious ... whenever people call for "physics", because I'm not completely sure what they're asking for. "Physics" is the catchall word that could mean a lot of things.

And @t2jbird: Totally understand.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    True. I just get a little ... cautious ... whenever people call for "physics", because I'm not completely sure what they're asking for. "Physics" is the catchall word that could mean a lot of things.

And @t2jbird: Totally understand.
    That's why I tried to breakdown what I meant by physics. Lol

NCAA FOOTBALL SERIES WISHLIST

GAMEPLAY IMPROVEMENTS
    • MOMENTUM
    • WEIGHT SHIFTING
    • ACCELERATION
    • GRADUAL SLOWING DOWN
    • BALANCE
    • FOOT-PLANTING
    • PHYSICS!!!

That's why I tried to breakdown what I meant by physics. Lol
    I thought that might have been what you were doing, but it wasn't totally clear. And there were others things I meant for why I'm cautious ... just not worth getting into. Suffice to say, saying a game has physics can mean a lot of different approaches and results.

Banned
    is there something we could do to say to a different company to get them to throw their hat in the ring? make them aware that maybe a whole lot of us will buy the game over ea or something? Try to make it a huge market like bf3 vs cod. so at least one of them works and add things to the game that the people actually want. to make a better game.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Steve View Post
    is there something we could do to say to a different company to get them to throw their hat in the ring? make them aware that maybe a whole lot of us will buy the game over ea or something? Try to make it a huge market like bf3 vs cod. so at least one of them works and add things to the game that the people actually want. to make a better game.
    probably not since ea controls the ncaa license. there is the generic team option though.

Isn't it the fact that no one wants to pay the license as opposed to EA "controlling" it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

no, it couldnt possibly be that.

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyReign View Post
    I don't see why they can't move into "physics" -- they already have locomotion half assed in there. Instead of improving it, they ignored it in '12 and its flaws were exposed. Maybe in '13 they'll expand on it but I think a perfected locomotion system will satisfy most when it comes to general player movement.

Locomotion (player movement) would be #1 on my list.
    +Infinity

But I just don't think this is going to happen. It's not a focus for this dev team. They don't want more realistic player movement and momentum for some reason. T2 might as well post this in the NCAA 15 PS4 wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    +Infinity

But I just don't think this is going to happen. It's not a focus for this dev team. They don't want more realistic player movement and momentum for some reason. T2 might as well post this in the NCAA 15 PS4 wishlist.
    That's why I changed the name to "NCAA SERIES WISHLIST" lol

I was just trying to take the best aspects from each sports game and put it into NCAA Football. I know it won't happen this year or next year... Unless 2K can use the NCAA license

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Unless 2K can use the NCAA license
    2k's football game was FAR more broken than Madden has ever been. Passing the ball in 2k was atrocious.

That said, there won't be a true competitor, ever, for NCAA unless EA loses enough money to where they can't afford to put money toward college football anymore. And then, I'd be willing to bet that the likelihood of someone else getting it would be small, just like what happened with college basketball. The market for sports games is VERY low compared to the market for the generic Modern Warfare game or just the generic FPS in general.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    2k's football game was FAR more broken than Madden has ever been. Passing the ball in 2k was atrocious.

That said, there won't be a true competitor, ever, for NCAA unless EA loses enough money to where they can't afford to put money toward college football anymore. And then, I'd be willing to bet that the likelihood of someone else getting it would be small, just like what happened with college basketball. The market for sports games is VERY low compared to the market for the generic Modern Warfare game or just the generic FPS in general.
    I can't speak for 2K's NCAA series, never really played it, but the gameplay in ESPN NFL and APF is awesome compared to madden or NCAA. I started a thread on OP about what 2K should do about there football genre, or lack thereof. I'll post the link at the bottom, but the scenario is not impossible at all.

2KSports/Visual Concepts + Euphoria/Natural Motion = Greatest Football Game Ever

P.S. I dont want to get off topic with this thread, so if you want to comment on that ^, do it on OS.

If EA added half of the things I listed I'D BE OVER THE MOON!!
    Especially these:

• GIVE THE USER THE ABILITY TO HIRE/FIRE THEIR OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE COORDINATORS.
    • GIVE THE USER THE ABILITY TO UPGRADE TEAM FACILITIES.
      • STADIUM EXPANSION - CREATE A STADIUM/ OR TEAMBUILDER
      • INCORPORATE A "SCHOOL REVENUE TRACKER."
        • ADDS UP THE AMOUNT OF MONEY EACH PROGRAM EARNS - BASED ON STADIUM CAPACITY/ATTENDENCE, TV CONTRACTS WITH ESPN, ETC..
    Last edited by t2jbird; 05-27-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post

At least for the college sports games. NHL and FIFA have massive followings, Madden has more than plenty of fans, NBA 2K series has a large following, so the professional sports are doing good. It's the college sports that are dying. College baseball died with the previous-gen consoles, college basketball died back in 2008/2009. Eventually it's going to reach the point of "is the cost of the license for NCAA Football" worth the cost to EA. And if EA eventually decides that the cost of the license is NOT worth the amount of money it costs, that doesn't mean that 2K is going to pick it up like everyone (at least the 2K fans) seem to think. If EA isn't willing to pay the money anymore sometime in the future for the NCAA series, what makes them think that 2K is going to be willing to pay that money?

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    At least for the college sports games. NHL and FIFA have massive followings, Madden has more than plenty of fans, NBA 2K series has a large following, so the professional sports are doing good. It's the college sports that are dying. College baseball died with the previous-gen consoles, college basketball died back in 2008/2009. Eventually it's going to reach the point of "is the cost of the license for NCAA Football" worth the cost to EA. And if EA eventually decides that the cost of the license is NOT worth the amount of money it costs, that doesn't mean that 2K is going to pick it up like everyone (at least the 2K fans) seem to think. If EA isn't willing to pay the money anymore sometime in the future for the NCAA series, what makes them think that 2K is going to be willing to pay that money?
    College football is one of the most profitable sports in America. You can't compare that to ncaab.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    College football is one of the most profitable sports in America. You can't compare that to ncaab.
    Yes you can. Neither college sport is making money from the video game franchise. That's just the facts of it.

We're not talking about the actual sports though, we're talking about the video games. The two are VERY comparable when it comes to the video games. College football may be popular as hell, but if the sales don't justify the cost of the license and everything involved to make the game, a company is not going to make it. If the cost for the license gets too high in the future, we could see NCAA the game disappear just like College Hoops and NCAA Basketball did.