Thread: "EA Please fix Reviewable Plays" discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

"EA Please fix Reviewable Plays" discussion

This issue is in the "bugs and glitches" category, but there are too many plays that this happens with that need to be singled out in their own thread. This is that thread.

Eff this game and it's non-reviewable touchdown catches in the final minutes. Eff it....EFF it! I HATE that crap. For no reason should we lose the game on a reviewable play that HAS to be reviewed from the booth but NEVER is! Eff it!!!

I'm sorry, my rant is over. Now for the fix. Please. EA: All touchdowns are reviewed in CFB. ALL of them. In fact, all plays are "reviewed" (yeah sure they are), but touchdowns are specifically reviewed and anything close to the sideline or goal line are buzzed and manually reviewed just to make sure. Please reflect these monumental moments in NCAA13. The biggest issue, as stated above, is that particularly in the final minutes of either half you simply cannot ask for a review of the play. Now this is technically correct, and the game WILL normally review a close play by itself in the field of play. However, once the endzone is introduced, the game does NOT EVER review it. I have been a part of and/or heard of multiple cases where a catch is made out of bounds in the final 2 minutes of the game by the cpu or by another user, but is ruled a touchdown and NEVER reviewed. Most noticeable times it costs on user or another the game. EA please fix this issue because it is an absolute travesty.

Again, anything close to any boundary of the endzone needs to be reviewed, regardless of whether or not the call on the field will stand. REGARDLESS. This also includes runners who's knees may or may not have been down before the goal line.
    Last edited by Jayrah; 03-19-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Completely agree. The lack of being able to manually challenge or even have reviews period is crazy.

I would love to see the option of what the 2k series used to do with regards to replays... let you challenge on what YOU want to challenge, not what the cpu let's you challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    let you challenge on what YOU want to challenge, not what the cpu let's you challenge.
    Except that wouldn't be accurate to the rules of college football. Jayrah is simply being screwed by the fact that the coaches don't have control over reviews late in the game. As far as I have seen, practically everything else in NCAA is reviewable. I do agree that there are some strange things about what triggers a review versus what doesn't, but, in this case, it has little to do with the mechanic and more to do with the rules.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Except that wouldn't be accurate to the rules of college football. Jayrah is simply being screwed by the fact that the coaches don't have control over reviews late in the game. As far as I have seen, practically everything else in NCAA is reviewable. I do agree that there are some strange things about what triggers a review versus what doesn't, but, in this case, it has little to do with the mechanic and more to do with the rules.
    I don't care about the mechanic and you may be agreeing but just to be clear I don't mind NOT being able to review it manually. But in the instance of a touchdown late in the game the play should absolutely be reviewed unless the player goes in standing up or makes a catch 2 steps from any OOB boundry line. And then of course the proper call needs to be adjusted so that it is made in the game when there needs to be a change.

On top of that I think Jaymo's point is that we should be able to challenge "any part" of the play as opposed to whatever the cpu deems as the most important. For example I've had instances where the "spot" was challenged, but I wanted to challenge the fumble, or vice versa. Also I've wanted to challenge an OOB play, but the challenge doesn't take the right time frame into account so the play "stands" because where it happened was falsely represented.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    But in the instance of a touchdown late in the game the play should absolutely be reviewed unless the player goes in standing up or makes a catch 2 steps from any OOB boundry line. And then of course the proper call needs to be adjusted so that it is made in the game when there needs to be a change.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    On top of that I think Jaymo's point is that we should be able to challenge "any part" of the play as opposed to whatever the cpu deems as the most important. For example I've had instances where the "spot" was challenged, but I wanted to challenge the fumble, or vice versa.
    I didn't get that from what he said, but if that's what he meant (first, apologies to him), I totally agree. I remember one time going into a challenge and it asked me if I wanted to challenge "X". I wanted to say "No, I want to challenge Y", but sadly, that's not an option
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Agreed.
    I didn't get that from what he said, but if that's what he meant (first, apologies to him), I totally agree. I remember one time going into a challenge and it asked me if I wanted to challenge "X". I wanted to say "No, I want to challenge Y", but sadly, that's not an option
    Yes. Sadly. Lol