Thread: JBHuskers EA Play Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display

JBHuskers EA Play Impressions

I'll talk more in detail when I get a chance, but just want to say the gameplay is really smooth. Lots of people here saying they dig how it runs.

For once, playing with a post player is fun. Did several games on The One with a rim protector and did some amazing things.

The traits and attributes you can choose for your player in The One along with how you earn and spend those traits in game is fluid and is well done.

I'll play a lot more tomorrow as I have no meetings.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Also tell me again if there is anything you want me to look at. Right now I have access to:

Cavs v. Warriors regular game in the finals.

First two games in The One

A game between all-stars in the Drew League

The dude abides.

So is that build basically the August demo?

Is Teammate Grade still a thing in the Team Play mode(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

Is Teammate Grade still a thing in the Team Play mode(s)?
    Yes. Actually achieved a 100 with a Rim Protector after an amazing game of 12 points (play to 15), a few blocks, a couple assists, and some good defense overall.

What I'm playing is solo offline right now though.

They are taking Overwatch's system of loot boxes for the clothing unlocks too; which I love.

The dude abides.

How robust are the sliders and roster edits? How many signature animations for stars do they have? Do teams play style, tempo and useage mimic real life? Are they still using Synergy?

I thought the post game and transition game along with bland CPU offenses were issues in Like 16 but I still liked that game. No roster edits were inexcusable. Good to hear post play is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    How robust are the sliders and roster edits? How many signature animations for stars do they have? Do teams play style, tempo and useage mimic real life? Are they still using Synergy?

I thought the post game and transition game along with bland CPU offenses were issues in Like 16 but I still liked that game. No roster edits were inexcusable. Good to hear post play is better.
    With what's available I'm not sure what is available, I'll look tomorrow. I do know and have seen signature animations on finishing.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    They are taking Overwatch's system of loot boxes for the clothing unlocks too; which I love.

Haven't played Overwatch.....how does this work?

Will they be adding more gear throughout the year?

Haven't played Overwatch.....how does this work?

Will they be adding more gear throughout the year?
    I told them the disappointment on how they didn't add. So I dunno 100% the plan.

Loot boxes in Overwatch contained 4 items that were skins, sprays, or voice lines to customize your character. For Live it'd be shoes varying in rarity.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post

28 different sliders. No data on roster edits yet.

The dude abides.

Found out this is not what's in the demo, but something close.

There will be your start to The One, plus probably Cavs v. Warriors, along with the GameFace.
    The dude abides.

I figured the demo would have a few extra things, but that this is likely the core of it.

Maybe you can't answer this, but when starting The One, can you go between the Streets and League (NBA) freely? I saw an article from the Orlando Sentinel today saying that you have to do well enough on the streets first to get the opportunity to play in the league. I was not under that impression from EA Play interviews/coverage.

I figured the demo would have a few extra things, but that this is likely the core of it.

Maybe you can't answer this, but when starting The One, can you go between the Streets and League (NBA) freely? I saw an article from the Orlando Sentinel today saying that you have to do well enough on the streets first to get the opportunity to play in the league. I was not under that impression from EA Play interviews/coverage.
    Couldn't tell from what I saw as only 2 games were playable and you could rank your guy up in between but at the same time the guy on that build was basically maxed out anyways.

The dude abides.